[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So are we still pretending this didn't happen?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: metroid-other-m-1280x720.jpg (121KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
metroid-other-m-1280x720.jpg
121KB, 1280x720px
So are we still pretending this didn't happen?
>>
What happened?
>>
Why would I want to pretend that a great game didn't happen?
>>
>>322226805
How did you start a thread without an image?
>>
>>322226805
The alternative is acknowledging it exists, which only trolls and tards do.
>>
>>322226953
Fuck off Dobson.
>>
So where do we go from this? Are we getting another normal Metroid game or nothing at all? Will they acknowledge Other M in the future sequels?
>>
>>322226805
There's no point in pretending that it didn't happen, considering that metroid is dead.
>>
>>322226805
You've been in coma... for quite some time. Yes, yes, I know. You would like to know how long. I'm afraid it's been... nine years.
>>
>>322227679
Sakamoto is still in charge of the IP
What do you think?
>>
It took Fusion an entire generation who had it as their first Metroid game for it to be considered a proper part of the series. Hunters is still only "okay".

This will be a long ride.
>>
>>322228481
Not anymore he isn't, he moved on to that tomodachi thing and other shit, even if people don't like that Federation game its proof enough that he is not on it since otherwise it would be some bullshit waifu thing on par with the Lightning Saga that Toriyama forced on everyone
>>
>>322226805

Metroid's dead now so who cares
>>
>>322226805
I refuse to REMEMBER ME
>>
>>322226805
Samus has big titties! BIG!
>>
>>322227679
It's only going to be spinoffs and perhaps similar games under new IP. Metroid has never been popular in Japan and there isn't enough interest in the west anymore, not after Other M and not after federation force.
>>
THE BABY
>>
>>322228802
>17/06/2015
>I'm the producer of the Metroid Prime series, and [Metroid series co-creator] Yoshio Sakamoto is the one in charge of Metroid itself. I'm not sure when he's planning on making such an announcement so I can't speak for him.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-17-next-proper-metroid-prime-would-likely-now-be-on-nx
>>
>>322229280
Welp, I guess we are still fucked then
>>
>>322229249
Did Federation Force sell badly in the future?
>>
File: Sakamoto sleeping.gif (459KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Sakamoto sleeping.gif
459KB, 500x281px
I think it's werid that they gave control of the series to a cat.
>>
>>322229373
A multiplayer sports game with a Metroid skin isn't going to make people want more Metroid games.
>>
L-Loss..?
>>
>>322229502
Where did the sports thing even come from?
>>
No, it very much happened.

And it's one of a laundry list of reasons to hate and criticize modern Nintendo, who have utterly lost their marbles.
>>
>>322229373
Even if it sells well it won't help the Metroid IP, but the fanbase for it is already obscure and the system is saturated with similar sports titles as it is, not to mention the overall reaction to the announcement has been absurdly negative. Including a fucking petition and everything to STOP the game from being made
>>
File: kek.jpg (16KB, 236x284px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
16KB, 236x284px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE37PplM5ps
>>
>>322229653
Blastball (which looked like metroid soccer) was announced at the NWC and later on during E3 federation force along with a separate mode called metroid prime blastball was announced
>>
Okay, so I think I get it:

That Metroid for the 3DS might have been released, but, Retro Studios was working on the game including the story. Continuity and lore were progressing well enough, but Sakamoto wasn't happy with what they were making to such a degree that it was canned.

Feasible? Y/N
>>
>>322228649

Hunters is a fun spinoff title. The introduced characters should not be in anything other than a hunters sequel or as multiplayer skins. The weakest part of MP3 was definitely the inclusion of other "protags" especially because they were voiced.

Only autists and zero suit waifu fags want metroid to change into something completely different from what makes it unique.
>>
>>322230232
It was okay as a one-time thing though, it showed a bit more of the group that was constantly sending Samus into danger and gave them some identity, but it's not something that should be elaborated on more than it already has.
>>
>>322230113
No. Sakamoto and Retro have literally no interaction.
>>
>>322230232
>The weakest part of MP3 was definitely the inclusion of other "protags" especially because they were voiced.

Says you. It was refreshing to see other races of aliens, not to mention BOUNTY HUNTERS, in the Metroid series for once.

No, worst part of MP3 was the fact that Dark Samus was still a thing. Should have been obliterated and utterly forgotten in 2.
That and the open bottom platforming. That and first person don't mix.
>>
Samus is a person who climbs into massive underground complexes, on abandoned planets, and fights house-sized monsters, and life-draining abominations, and massive galactic terrorist organizations, for money

so no, Other M didn't "happen"

In fact, the metroid series didn't happen at all, so it's not a mental failure on my part to see it in the most logical manner
>>
>>322226805
Yes
>>
>>322230705
Oh. That's actually wise. Well, I hope lore and continuity are overseen by Nintendo somehow.
>>
File: new Metroid title announced.jpg (2MB, 1137x1524px) Image search: [Google]
new Metroid title announced.jpg
2MB, 1137x1524px
bimbo slut
>>
>>322230987

Is that Eroquis? Pretty sure I've seen that one.
>>
File: 1340659390020.png (76KB, 199x222px) Image search: [Google]
1340659390020.png
76KB, 199x222px
>>322227053
Underrated post.
>>
We'll never get another real Metroid game but at least we have Axiom Verge now
>>
>>322230987
>that feeling when you waited all day to poop in your own bathroom and you finally push it out.jpg
>>
>>322226805
Why do people always use this image when posting about Other M? There's a perfectly good screenshot of Samus standing in a room with her ass bathed in light, but no, let's always post the one of her looking at her hand.
>>
>>322231949
because tits > ass
>>
>>322231949
Have some dignity.
>>
File: brad maxim.png (3MB, 3972x2718px) Image search: [Google]
brad maxim.png
3MB, 3972x2718px
Reminder.
>>
>>322226805
Good fuck Samus in this game really made my dick diamonds, I didn't even give a shit about the game because she stole every scene, especially the one where she gets knocked out. Actually Im gonna go masturbate to her now
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.