[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
FFXIV thread
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 412
Thread images: 54
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 350x197) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 350x197
What is the best new class and why is it Dark Knight.

>implying dark knight is edgy
>>
>implying it is not edgy
>>
File: image.jpg (272 KB, 853x1280) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
272 KB, 853x1280
Job power rankings

>Essential to content Tier
Scholar
Paladin
Warrior
Bard

>Best at its role Tier
Scholar
Monk
Black Mage

>Handy to have Tier
White Mage
Ninja
Summoner

>Master of standing in orange circles tier
Dragoon
>>
>>283794449
Astrologian and Machinist are more edgy.

Dark Knight: http://a.pomf.se/xqdbbw.webm
Astrologian: http://a.pomf.se/jktuif.webm
Machinist
>>
>>283794604
I don't know how I missed Machinist.

Dark Knight: http://a.pomf.se/xqdbbw.webm
Astrologian: http://a.pomf.se/jktuif.webm
Machinist: http://a.pomf.se/numrwy.webm
>>
File: BDFF_Anazel.jpg.jpg (11 KB, 200x232) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
BDFF_Anazel.jpg.jpg
11 KB, 200x232
Hopefully you can get less edgy job sets.
>>
>>283794405
I am so going to roll DRK after I hit 60 on my warrior.

It better not suck. Then again, with the level cap increase Squeenix may even fix PLD and make it fun to play. I just hope the new dungeons will be enjoyable.
>>
Do you think that DRK will reach way up there as some of the most popular classes just because it's DRK, despite being a tank?

Really hoping it's got good depth to it, but at the same time really not. Few things can top the warrior, being just a big guy with an axe and lots of pent up anger going berserk. Feels as if the popularity will slide to DRK -> PLD -> WAR.

I just want a tank class with monk-level depth.
>>
>>283794889
of course you can just glamour shit

I'll probably just stick to my WoD set as it already looks awesome enough. Maybe I'll take some time and get me some FCoB stuff as the chest is pretty rad as well.
>>
File: setzer.png (660 KB, 1700x928) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
setzer.png
660 KB, 1700x928
Gear won't matter at all.

>Chill out in Gold Saucer
>Win Setzer's coat
>Glamour it to everything, ever.
>>
alot of ff14 threads going on lately i wonder why
>>
>>283795563
that shit is coming with gold saucer?

awwwww yeah
fuck yeah setzer
>>
>>283795283
>its unpopular because its the big guy with lots of pent up anger

Quality post. Spoken like a true normalfag dragoon.
>>
>>283795563
>>
>Someone complains
>it's always the dragoon or the lala

I already expect this from dragoons but why are lalas so shit?
>>
>>283795563
>cloth tanks

Gross
>>
>>283794405
I'm sorry son, it's edgy as fuck.
>>
>>283796247
>it's edgy because dark is in the name
>>
>>283796048
Unripe potatoes are bitter.
>>
>>283796362
No, it's edgy because look at that getup.

It's almost as bad as that retarded chuuni "muh eye" catboi at crystal tower.
>>
>>283796082
nigga cloth tanks have been a thing for at least 50% of the FF titles of the last 15 years
>>
>>283796502
Yeah? Tell me in which one theres a cloth tank without cherrypicking a game that clearly doesn't enforce armor designs like ffxv.
>>
>>283796247
>tfw low level two handed swords will look plain as fuck
>tfw I will finally get to play as a galant knight wielding a two handed sword
you can yell edgy as long as you want, idgaf
>>
>>283795563

Now I want a gambler/merchant job so bad.
>>
>>283796486
>its edgy because the armor is dark

really? whatever your justification, there's way edgier shit already IN the game. This looks like normal paladin armor
>>
>>283794405
Ow the edge
>>
>>283796650
The low level stuff always looks fine. But the end-game will be black/red and spiked out the ass.
>>
>Expecting the new classes to be good
>SE still hasn't fixed NIN after half a year

I'm just taking bets on how they're going to fuck each of them up.
>>
>>283796645
ff8, ff10, 12, 13, 13-2

>a game that clearly doesn't enforce armor designs like ffxv
this is a moot point, people fighting in clothes has been a thing in ff for at least 15 years and ff14 giving people the choice of doing that just is merely a reflection of that design history

if this option upsets your autisms you just need to learn to deal with it
>>
>>283796812
>that Relic sword
>edgy

Edge is such an ebin meme I love it.
>>
>>283796949
NIN is just a honeypot for the bads anyways
>>
>>283796969
>games where magic or technology is used as a form of defense
>games that aren't a medieval setting

This is exactly what I meant by cherrypicking.

Cherrypick harder.
>>
I'm more excited for Machinist
>>
>>283797045
Thats what drg are for though.
>>
>>283797045
NIN is what really hammered home the point that SE has absolutely no business designing online games. That and 2.0 WAR.

The absolute worst part though, is that it will NEVER be fixed, because it works fine on the Japanese datacenters.

Nothing ever gets fucking fixed in XI or XIV unless the JPs bitch about it also.
>>
>>283797094
>games where magic or technology is used as a form of defense
literally every video game ever

stay mad
>>
>>283797094
>50% of games is suddenly cherrypicking
>>
>>283797336
So whats so defensive magic about a piece of cloth faggot?
>>
File: ffxigobbybattle.webm (2 MB, 1280x960) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ffxigobbybattle.webm
2 MB, 1280x960
>tfw it's still not ffxi
>>
>>283797560
>FF7
>Materia, technology, bangles

>FF8
>technology, magic bullshit, junctioning, armor

>FF10
>every character has a shield, protect spells, nobody is actually a tank in this game

>FF12
>there is actually armor in this game

>FF13
>magic god bullshit, technology

Furthermore, those aren't half the games.

You are arguing cloth tanks under the basis that it makes sense, when the reason they are wearing clothes instead of armor is for aesthetic purposes. For a lot of those characters, the armor is also implied to be worn under their main clothes.

So yes you're cherrypicking to make cloth tanks sound plausible instead of just saying you like looking like something impractical like tanking in a bikini.
>>
>>283796707
>It's not edgy because there's other edgy things
All this delusional denial
>It's not edgy just because the armor is dark
Nice strawman, nobody said anything about the armor color, look at the gear in general and the sword in particular you autistic manchild.
>>
>>283797620
you factually use magic to make your heavy piece of iron armour to look like a coat

They're called glamour prisms, you should do the quest sometime.
>>
>>283797973
>that sword
>edgy

Stop
>>
>>283797335
What exactly is wrong with NIN?
>>
>>283797885

I would quit my job and live at home for the rest of my life if they could replicate ffxi in it's early life and it was somehow always fresh. It may have only been like 11 years ago, but I nostalgia so hard for it.
>>
>>283797972
>You are arguing cloth tanks under the basis that it makes sense
no, I am not at all
I am arguing that it's okay because it's part of what Final Fantasy has been doing for at least 15 years.

just look at all the "armour" in pic related
>>
>>283797972
>You are arguing cloth tanks under the basis that it makes sense

Bruh

do you not realize

how little sense anything in this game makes

that's you're arguing for sense

in a goddamn fantasy game

with FANTASY in the goddamn name

with 14 SPECIFIC ITERATIONS of that style of fantasy
>>
>>283798040
Jesus fuck you can't seriously be this retarded that I actually need to spoonfeed you what is right in front of your face.

Take the simple helm + sword combo, giant spiky edgelord sword and "muh darkest knight" armor in a combo that makes NO common sense (you can't properly swing a sword like that with such a helmet anyway, it's all for the edgelord appeal)

>But no, dark knight cannot possibly be edgy because I really want to like/play this class!

Just admit you're a fucking edgelord and we can carry on, it's this vehement denial that makes it painful for everyone.
>>
>>283798310
So its okay for cloth tanks to make sense because one game has characters (none that actually do tanking) with shields and regular clothes?
>>
File: ff12-vaan-render.jpg (1 MB, 2000x2000) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ff12-vaan-render.jpg
1 MB, 2000x2000
>>283798310
or this

If someone wants to play a character dressed up as Vaan in ff14 that's perfectly fine to me because character design like that has been a staple of the series for a long long time by now.

Does it make sense from a realism Pov? Not at all, but that's never been the point anyway.
>>
>>283798440
>its edgy because I say so
once again stop.
>>
>>283794405
He is the hero we need, but not the one we deserve.
>>
>>283798456
>one game
FF13 does the same, so does 13-2, so does 12, so does 8

I haven't played any PSP exclusives but I am certain they fit the bill.
>>
>>283798401
>>283798498
You realize that in FFXIV all the "cloth tanks" are actually wearing real armor right?
>>
File: giphy.gif (981 KB, 500x333) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
giphy.gif
981 KB, 500x333
>>283798440
>giant spiky
>edgelord sword
>"muh darkest knight" armor
>makes NO common sense

you just said a whole lot of nothing. Just admit you're conditioned to see spikes and black as edgy
>>
>>283798585
In FF13 you have two things technology (as snows coat shows you) and magic bullshit because theres no other possible explanation for paradgims.

They aren't exactly cloth tanks for like magic ones.
>>
>>283798606
I have absolutely no idea what you're saying right now
>>
>>283798697
since FF14 has both technology and magic bullshit as well I fail to see the problem
>>
>>283798606
>You realize that in FFXIV all the "cloth tanks" are actually wearing real armor right?

yes, that is besides the point here m8
arguing about it making no sense is ridiculous considering the game you have to be playing to see it
>>
>>283798585
In 13-2 theres monsters in 13-3 theres actual armor in 13 theres technology akin to armor and magic that strenghtens the body.

In 8 you junction shit so more magic bullshit.

In 12 there is actual armor. Not changing the character design to fit that armor is another story.
>>
>>283798201
Mudras are all verified by the server individually.

So essentially the lag on mudras is four times as bad.

This isn't a problem if you play on the JP datacenters and live in Japan. It IS a problem if you live anywhere in the world that is more than one hop away from the budget-tier American datacenters in Montreal.

It's essentially the same problem that casters have always had with swiftcast, except it happens 4 times every 20 seconds.
>>
>>283798520
>It's not edgy because I don't want it to be
Keep it up.
>>283798687
Nice refutation, but you're right, obviously the armor is designed to be sensible and not to adhere to a certain aesthetic, and that certain aesthetic certainly wouldn't be "edgy" is it was.

Yup.
>>
>>283798834
The problem is that in 14 they aren't actually wearing cloth when they tank.
>>
>>283798882
>Not changing the character design to fit that armor is another story.
That is the entire point. In FF people run around in their day to day clothes while still being able to be tanky as fuck. FF14 is no exception to this and getting your panties in a twist just makes you look like an autist.
>>
>>283798956
So if Dark Knight is too edgy to be played whats your favorite class?

I assume you're going to go on an autistic rampage every time you get paired up with one?
>>
>>283795563
reminder that setzer outfit is male only
>>
>>283799047
While this does apply to most ff games that still doesn't exactly excuse the fact that tank characters wear ARMOR, yet you keep saying they don't in most FF's and you give horrible examples.
>>
The best new class is Dark Knight because I can jew all the new DKs on the auction board.
>>
>>283798959
>in 14 they aren't actually wearing cloth when they tank
The more important you are the less likely this is to actually hold true. The entirety of the Scions of the Seventh Dawn go into battle wearing their day to day clothes.

Well with the exception of that one Roe guy who lost a duel with me despite bringing his pocket healer I suppose.
>>
>this discussion
literal autism
>>
>>283799204
>While this does apply to most ff games that still doesn't exactly excuse the fact that tank characters wear ARMOR, yet you keep saying they don't in most FF's
You didn't even have to finish your sentence to contradict yourself, congratulations.
>>
>>283798956
you clearly have no clue what edgy actually means

'Edgy' would be if the hilt of that sword was made with the skin of all the children he couldn't save

And making 'sense' is a moot point in a fantasy game

a game where

-everyone moves at the same speed no matter how much they're wearing
-everyone has the same potential for strength be it Roe or Lala
-rings and leather significantly increase your abilities

sensibility is the LAST thing you should be clinging to
>>
>>283799095
>Shit I have no more arguments
>Lets call him autistic and pretend he really hates edgy

Just stop with the whiny bitch attitude of pretending something is bad just because it's edgy, just because Twilight was a horrible romance story doesn't mean anything romantic is now bad. Edgy can be done right and wrong just the same.

The only one spinning a certain view here is you, so just stop being a gigantic faggot and like it for what it is, rather than trying to force the notion that it's something it's not.

Incidentally I play bard (educated by edgelord mc.sadbard) and scholar.
>>
File: 1423800542621.gif (1 MB, 400x400) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1423800542621.gif
1 MB, 400x400
>>283799210
>tfw someone actually buys your extremely overpriced armor with useless melds.
>>
>>283799204
>that still doesn't exactly excuse the fact that tank characters wear ARMOR
They can wear armour, but they don't have to. Because magic. It's called glamour.
>>
>>283799438
Oh right, tell me all about your personal definition of edgy, I'm sure it's totally factually accurate and irrefutable.

Listen to yourself.

And yes, the fucking point I was making was that it ISN'T sensible, it's designed to be aesthetic you retarded mongoloid, and the aesthetic of dark knight is very clearly "edgy"

Though feel free to explain what you "believe" the aesthetic they're going for is, instead.
>>
>>283799471
>Incidentally I play bard
of fucking course you do
>>
>>283799673
I even gave you a 50% chance to guess the class I main and gave you a massive hint to boot. You fucking blew it on a random guess, making yourself look once more like a moron, good job!

>Farming mats on caster class/melee class
It's like you want to be as retarded as possible.
>>
>>283799641
>Oh right, tell me all about your personal definition of edgy

>the aesthetic of dark knight is very clearly "edgy"

you are THIS retarded. The fact that you're trying to argue sensibility at all like it matters is fucking boggling.
>>
>>283799251
So which of the scions are tanks?
>>
>>283799872
>Calls me retarded
>Still thinks I'm arguing sensibility despite being told it's actually my whole fucking point that sensibility isn't a factor

Yea no, I'M the retard here, you go guy!
>>
Edgy cloth wearing tanks when?
>>
>>283800026
You are.
>>
>>283799524
Glamour doesn't magically turn your armor into a bikini its an illusion.
>>
>>283800026
Moenbryda is warrior
>>
>le edgy le edgy le edgy le edgy le edgy le edgy

I hate you all so much.
>>
You idiots arguing about cloth armor and edginess take this place, video games and yourselves way too fucking seriously.
>>
>"hey that looks pretty rad" is now "wow so fuckin' edgy/illegitimate/grimdark/hipster"

Sometimes I think evil characters and pointy armor can still be cool. When should I buy that walker and oxygen tank?
>>
>>283800146
>its an illusion
of course it is, that's why it retains its stats and protective function

it wouldn't make any sense otherwise

it's also the reason why going to battle in a bikini in ff14 is entirely justified
>>
>>283800040
>the fucking point I was making was that it ISN'T sensible

yes, yes you are the retard. Especially for caring if it isn't sensible in a FANTASY GAME where it literally does not matter
>>
>>283800186
She wasn't much of a tank though, if anything she was the proof that cloth does not, in fact, help you absorb damage.
>>
>>283800303
ironically cloth armour has better defense vs. magic attacks
>>
>>283794405
Droves of baddies will start playing as DK because it's edgy and will become the Dragoon of the tank class.
>>
File: bane.png (4 KB, 40x40) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bane.png
4 KB, 40x40
>>283800379
>>
>>283800265
Putting on "edgy" armor is fine when it's done in appropriate context, for example when you're making armor to be intimidating. When you're running around with catgirls in bikinis while wearing giant spiky faggot armor with a huge spiky sword, you're going to get called an edgelord. Because you are one.
>>
>>283800265
it just means you've retained your innocence and therefore don't equate 'edge' with dark shades and spikes
>>
>>283794405
>there will never be a game with a Dark Knight class and a Bane class that is the exact opposite
Worst game
>>
Dragoon is the only difficult job to play and the reason it has such a bad rep is because everyone who plays FFXIV sucks at mmos and Dragoons can't get away with sucking like all the other jobs.
>>
>>283800480
>cast this shit
>kite for the rest of the Fate

sometimes I hate this class
>>
>>283800487
When I run around with cat grills in bikinis I put on my south sea talisman
>>
>>283800531
You're right anon, dragoons have a much harder time running out of orange circles, which is why dragoons fail it so much more than monks. It's not like they have skills to literally jump out.

Dragoon and Summoner are the shitter classes of FFXIV, it's not a coincidence that this is common knowledge at this point.
>>
>>283800487
>you're an edgelord for not matching the catgirls

what in the fuck is wrong with you? It's not you that is the problem, it is the cats
>>
>>283800762
>It's not like they have skills to literally jump out.
huge pre and aftercast make it a lot more difficult to avoid with those skills fyi
>>
>>283800614
>Not spamming miasma II

It's like you hate imagining how horrible it must feel.
>>
>>283800840
It's almost like you need timing to play a game where timing is important! Who knew!

Guys, I think we found the problem, Dragoon players have no sense of timing, more news at 11.

Go play a healer and learn how to react before things happen, rather than after, then maybe come back to Dragoon once you've figured out that waiting 2 seconds after the orange circle has appeared is already too late.
>>
>>283794405
So once there are more than two healer jobs and two tank jobs, who's going to get the shit end of the stick in endgame content?
>>
>>283800487
>like tanky melee classes that can use magic and drain enemy stats, ect
>get called edgy by waifu shits wearing tiny skirts and bikinis every where

Well, I don't expect anything less from an online community
>>
>>283801036
Classically it's always been the top tier that gets the shit end of the stick in new expansions.

So Scholars and Marauders will be benched I guess.
>>
File: what the fuck.gif (3 MB, 285x290) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
what the fuck.gif
3 MB, 285x290
>just spent 50 minutes in a low level roulette
>>
So many people would rather farm hundreds of hunts then learn t9.

I hope there is a steep wall when the expansion comes out so i dont have to deal with i50 kiddies with WoD gear for very long.

I hope theres a gate keeper like nael to stop shitters.
>>
>>283800480
>cast this as a scholar
>tank doesn't realize it
>I completely tear hate off
>ANON WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING YOU'RE THE HEALER NOT THR DPS
>lol I don't give a fuck has anyone died yet?
>go through rest of dungeon with shit tank being positively enraged at me
>>
>>283799509
>tfw on my server idiots buy mini aetheryte on MB for over 100k gil
>>
>tfw the superior SE mmo will never see a Western release.
>>
>>283801130
>So Scholars and Marauders will be benched I guess.

But anon MRDs are already dead by being inferior in stats to WAR.
>>
>>283800480
>>283801230
>Never noticed Bane when i was playing WAR. I very rarely lost hate.
>Playing SCH and cast this.
>Spamming Physick and Adloquium on myself.

Damn son.
>>
>>283801101
You can like the class all you want, doesn't change the fact that the aesthetic behind it is edgy.

I love the Scholar class, but I'm not going to pretend the artifact armor isn't the worst looking set out of the bunch.

Not to mention you can easily glamour some less edgy looking armor and be fine, you don't HAVE to run around like some dark armor wearing faggot.
>>
>>283801135
>randomed into totorak
>tank starts running as soon as everyone is in
>aggros everything on the way as he runs through every tunnel
>kill everything in one spot
>repeat for the next floor

shit was wild. I swear we were in and out in 10 minutes flat and I actually had to do something besides wait for party health to drop below 75%
>>
>>283801036
You can't really nerf scholar without making it useless or making summoner completely underpowered so I would say whm or astrologist.

Dark knight is hard to tell because of how necessary warriors and paladins are individually but I would say warrior has better chances due to having more useful debuffs and performing better as an OT.
>>
>>283801431
>Not just kiting while periodically spamming /hildy

You people are no fun.
>>
>>283801202
>dont do dungeons anymore
>poetic armor is just a dream

wish hunts would give more than 5-10 poetics but that's life
>>
>>283801465
>Not spending entire runs in cleric stance being 3rd dps

Stop being a shitter and do your job instead of pretending to be Selene.
>>
>>283801202

Doing WoD only confirms my belief that casuals don't just not do any real content but they're fucking awful. I consistently outdps half of them as a warrior in defiance.

Like if you're not going to do endgame raiding, why even play an MMO?
>>
>>283796812

That's what glamors are for.
>>
>>283801714
>needing a 3rd dps in totorak

m8
>>
>>283801489
Isn't Summoner already pretty dead in the water though? Most adds require you to kill them quickly, you don't really have the luxury of putting your dots on and have them actually be effective and your focus dps isn't really better than other classes either, Summoners are basically just a really shit BLM with a pet that periodically dies to aoe.
>>
>>283801448
>I trust 4chan to teach me what words mean
>>
>>283801840
Needing? This is some of the dumbest grasping I've seen.

Go damage things you dumb fuck, everything goes faster with more damage.
>>
>>283801489

Warrior will probably take the backburner to Dork Knight, unless DRK gets a lot of beefy cooldowns like PLD. Storm's Path and Eye are helpful sure, but DRK will be the new hotness if it can perform.
>>
>>283801942
>I can't keep up with the dialogue so I'll just shitpost

Keep it up.
>>
>>283801945
getting out of the dungeon 2 minutes faster means nothing because 1. A good team will be out quick anyway and 2. A shit team will take forever anyway

there is no inbetween in low level dungeons
>>
>>283802075
>thinking buzzwords make an argument

try to make your case without using the word edgy

i'll wait
>>
>>283802089
Sounds like we found the problem anon, if you're so shit at your class that your dps contribution changes nothing then welp... it's not a stretch to see what's wrong here.
>>
>>283802024
Unless Dark Knight is Completely similar to WAR I doubt it.

WAR's debuffs are way to useful, and as a MT they are on par with PLD.

The healer side is more one sided though, because Scholar's gimmick isn't exactly replicable and its already quite necessary. So its more of Astro vs WHM
>>
>>283802198
>Sounds like we found the problem

what problem? there wasn't even a problem issued

why so aggressive, anon?
>>
>>283802198
>>283801945
>trying to speedrun low level roulettes

No sir, I do not like being a speedbump because the shit tank can't hold agro on more than one thing or the shit healer tries to dps.
>>
>>283802089

Quit grasping at straws idiot. It is literally more damage, and more damage means you kill things faster. There is no "but a good team will be fast anyway" because that is totally irrelevant.

>>283802259

Unless Astrologian gets big dick aoe heals like WHM, then I think WHM would still be preferred for progression.
>>
File: 1411304590797.jpg (83 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1411304590797.jpg
83 KB, 1280x720
>>283799851
>farming mats
>he isn't rich/savvy enough to just buy them and turn a profit
>>
Jenova server checking in and tank class all the way
>>
>>283802183
>The point is that it's edgy
>Try proving that it's edgy without using the word edgy

Hey try this instead
>A dish is too salty
>Try explaining it to the chef without using the word "salt"

Also
>Buzzwords never have a legitimate meaning
Nice ironic use of the buzzword buzzword, dumb fuck.

Let's make this easy for you, since you seem to be grasping and struggling quite desperately now.

Sensibility is not really a part in the visual design of FFXIV, obviously aesthetic is more important to the designers, and Dark Knight also follows a certain aesthetic. What, if not "edgy" would you describe this aesthetic to be?

I'll wait.
>>
>>283802429
>Quit grasping at straws idiot
i'm not?

it literally does not matter in low level dungeons so im not going to tryhard through them
>>
>>283802380
>He can't compensate for shit tanks while doing dps as a healer.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Stop being bad. In low level roulette you're not the healer, Selene is the healer, stop afking and do your damn job as a dps.
>>
>>283802508
you cant answer the question so you write me your thesis on something else

can't say im surprised since you havent backed yourself up once
>>
>>283802429
Well I'd argue that...

Scholar can already do big dick heals as you so eloquently put it woth Eos.

So if Astros gimmick is a better DPS booster than Selene then I'll say they will be preffered in high level play along woth a Scholar. Even more so if it stacks with Selene.
>>
>>283802448
>He's playing excel; the game, instead of playing FFXIV

To each his own anon.
>>
>>283802725
>Selene is the healer
you realize WHM dont get pets right?

or you're just a shitter
>>
>>283802734
Answer the question and stop deflecting, you're really being pathetic at this point.
>>
>>283802853
WHM gets Regen, that's the healer.
>>
>>283802725
>implying same person
Just stop, faggot

Chances of speedrunning a low level roulette are tiny no matter how good you are. You might be king shit of buttfuck mountain, but it doesn't mean anything if the other 3 are idiot randoms, which they always are.
>>
>>283802853
>Queuing as WHM for low level roulette

Stop being bad.
>>
>>283802935
why dont you tell me what edgy means? Give your argument with the definition instead of the word

you can't but i'd love to see you try
>>
>>283802624

>it literally does not matter

Nobody is saying it matters but you. It is just literally extra damage.

>>283802828

Cure 3 and medica 2 shit all over anything Eos can bring to the table. Like I can see in the future when T13 gets nerfed through a higher level cap that you could start solo healing it with SCH but as it is there's just no way when every mechanic practically kills the target.
>>
>queue with some FC mates for HM
>they say ready and I launch it
>1 forgot to switch to WHM or SCH so now we have 3 DPS and a tank
>the BLM steps up and we blow everything out of the water finishing in about 15~20 mins with no actual healing

Was great. 10/10
>>
>>283802957
Dps'd as a whm with a tank that coupdn't hold hate off me.
>>
File: tibetan fox av.jpg (44 KB, 168x184) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
tibetan fox av.jpg
44 KB, 168x184
>>283802939
>Hey low level tank in armor 10 levels below the dungeon minimum level, tank 20+ enemies while we aoe them down with just regen

Number of times this statement has been said and made any sense at all: Absolutely never
>>
>shit tanks in every queue guaranteed

oh boy
>>
>>283802957
Stop making excuses and stop afking in low level dungeons, do your fucking job and hurt things you lazy cunt.
>>
>>283803021
>telling healers to stay out of dungeons

herein lies the real problem
>>
>>283801448
It's cool m8. I'm fine with the armor they have, but I do think the sword is pretty retarded.
>>
>>283803056
>It is just literally extra damage

and im saying

who fucking cares?
>>
>>283803078

>tank 20+ enemies

What? You do healer dps on regular pulls. Nobody has the aoe for low level big dick pulls anyway.
>>
>>283803056
>cure 3 and medica 2 shit all over dawn
Not this shit again.

Its already been shown, with math that this is false. The only difference is that these two are in a fucking GCD while dawn is every 1 minute with the extra crutch version of it being every 2. Theres a reason why I said "high level play".
>>
>>283803290
This whole argument started over speedrunning Tam-Tara in low level roulette
>>
>>283803085
>level PLD to 50
>never have any shitters as healers and most DPS are good save for maybe 5 who were terrible
>do a good job myself and if I don't know a run, I ask the party for tips and important things
>start leveling a healer
>literally every tank is terrible
>none says anything and most ignore the simplest commands like "pull the boss here or else we are going to die"

why is this so bad?!
>>
>>283803240
Its basically the difference between someone who actually plays the game and a total casual.
>>
>>283803421
>casual

credibility lost
>>
>>283803040
Hello? Do you not understand what "answer the question and stop deflecting" means? I mean I wouldn't be surprised since it'd only be consistent with the rest of your stupidity.

I'll spell it out for you; You can win this entire discussion by simple telling me what you believe is the aesthetic behind the Dark Knight's design, that's all you need to do to win this entire thing. We can keep going in circles about what "edgy" means because this shit isn't in any real dictionary as such, so it's largely meaningless to discuss semantics on it, I've already made my case on why the armor is edgy as it's trying to be "special snowflake too cool for school muh darkness" bullshit and we can keep spinning circles around that.

Now stop being a fucking retard and answer the goddamn question and stop deflecting.
>>
Quick question that i've been wondering. Is there an attack like Lifebreak/Minus Strike ingame and if there is, can healers fuck it up when you try to use it? It seems like something weird for an MMO.
>>
>>283803415

you should see it when the tanks start fighting in full parties

the most magical place are the full parties from like the main story trials
>>
File: HolyGrail014.jpg (43 KB, 800x441) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
HolyGrail014.jpg
43 KB, 800x441
It's probably because I'm a britbong but I seriously hope they include armor like this in the expansion.
>>
>>283803527
>Hello? Do you not understand what "answer the question and stop deflecting" means?

well it's the first thing I said to you and you're still doing it so..
>>
>>283794604
>>283794679
God damn, the animations in this game always make me want to resub. I had everything ready to level a monk and just said fuck it right before the patch dropped in Sept.

I just wish the world wasn't such a tiny fucking lobby game where the only thing to do is Atma grind if you aren't part of the inner circle of a raiding guild.
>>
>>283798310
Iirc glamour is an actual lore thing in XIV.
Just see it as a 'magic diguise'.
>>
I love the feeling of settling on a new glamour.
>>
>scholarnazis
Not this shit again
>>
>>283803312

>The only difference is that these two are in a fucking GCD while dawn is every 1 minute with the extra crutch version of it being every 2

Yeah so a huge difference? So much so that for groups farming T13 that WHM, not SCH, is doing all the healing. And in progression you're not going to have the luxury of being geared for awhile or knowing the fights perfectly.
>>
>>283803415
>Copperbell mines
>"Don't attack the slime, just sit there and kill the add when it spawns"
>Dps attack the slime anyway, every time.
>>
>>283801301
Sometimes I underestimate the stupidity of the market.
>>
>femroe, start as drg cause there was no 2h sword class
>used to edgy
>dark knight announced
I fucking knew it, as soon as I saw those haunted armor guys with the giants swords I knew a 2h class would be in. Kind of wanted it to be dps but a tank is fine too.
>>
>>283803616
Why does it not surprise me that you're still incapable of answering a simple question, even after I've answered yours.

Well, I mean, obviously you've never had an argument, or you would've used it instead of trying and failing to discredit mine.
>>
>>283803905

I make about 750k a day selling glamours
>>
>>283802448
Teach me how to make money anon, I got fsh to 50 and sold enough silver sharks to get me 400k, I figure I need to do some mb tomfoolery but I don't know what to buy and sell.
>>
>>283804009
>even after I've answered yours.
you havent though since you have no clue what edgy means but continue to use it to crutch your argument

you just dont want to say you think edgy means dark and spiky like 4chan taught you. But you cant back away from the fight because your e-cred is on the line or something?
>>
>>283803601
I hope that's a weapon-drawn-idle pose. Fuck I wish they would just make everyone able to use all weapon-drawn-idle poses, or at least add more then just one.
>>
>>283803884
>every 1 minute

Being able to overheal doesn't exactly account as a "huge difference" its more like having the ability of being bad.
>>
>>283801730
I get a lot of performance anxiety and enjoy the game in a semi-solo sort of mindset. The only active endgame I strive for is crafting. I'm right there with you, though. I out DPS half the people in most WoD runs with sch.
>>
>>283803884
The main issue is the uptime and downtime of the buff, two scholars can maintain uptime on WD and still spam succor without running out of MP, also having strong cooldowns to reduce incoming damage.

WHM SCH is still the best combo, no doubt about it, as it allows you to use Selene and actually buff damage, double WHM is garbage and double SCH is also suboptimal as you cannot stack galvinate.

But as for who is most likely to be replaced by an astro, it's got to be WHM unless it's for fights like Garuda EX where holy spam can make a difference.
>>
>>283804249
>Still desperately deflecting

I've yet to stop laughing, but you're running out of steam with repeating the same trick.
>>
>>283804126
fishing is hard as shit to make money with

I usually fish up a few Gigantpoles and Tiny Tortoise then afk in limsa or mor dhona with one of them out with me

they sell alright but slowly
>>
>>283804482
Stacking SCH is actually viable in one fight of this game. Stacking WHM is just an overhealing mess, damage is being completely wasted.
>>
File: doc-rivers.gif (2 MB, 250x250) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
doc-rivers.gif
2 MB, 250x250
>people go to the fetter to chain Cerberus up
>then randomly stop mid-way and stand with the chain for a minute wiping the raid
STOP
>>
>>283804126
Depends on the server, farming high level crafting mats is usually profitable, better still if you can easily get mastercraft demi but for low levels you can just farm fleece and sell it.
>>
>>283804584
still havent answered my question and I wont engage you until you do

we both know you wont though, you'll just pretend to be haughty while hoping I dont set you straight
>>
>>283804665
I didn't level it to make money really, I leveled it because I mistakenly thought you got the fat cat through fishing, not fishing ventures.
>>
>>283804482
The cooldown is a non issue. If DPS are taking damage outside of undodgeable stuff and AOE's then we already have a case of not high level play.

Rouse and dawn are enough for every aoe phase just like medica 2 is. Fey illumination is a crutch for when the attack hits extra hard, same with cure 3.
>>
>>283804813
oh well that's unfortunate

hope you can meld materia to your own gear at this point since you need it on your retainer to even get that cat
>>
>>283804707
Correct me if I'm wrong but it's generally better to wait to chain him until his cast bar is like 90% because that's allows for max free dps right? If so why do I see people chain him after like 2 seconds?
>>
>>283804803
You can keep claiming that, but the answer is right there already, in fact I've described several times WHY this armor is edgy, and you just keep your head in the sand because it's not good enough for you to use as ammo in your flimsy argument.

What you meant to say, surely, is:
>You still haven't said that edgy is spiky and dark armor so I can repeat that you're a shitter, stop making arguments so I can win already!

Now answer the fucking question faggot.
>>
>>283805032
>n fact I've described several times WHY this armor is edgy

yet you can't define what edgy is and refuse to do so because you don't actually know
>>
>>283805017
I have fc mates who can meld, but you need high ilvl on your retainer just to get the fat cat? Damn this is gonna take awhile.
Someday, fat cat. And lil puff. Someday.
>>
>>283805213
yeah you get it from Waterside Exploration XIV and XV which needs at least 308 gathering for XIV and 334 for XV
>>
As someone who's cleared T13 on both WHM and SCH, the speculation on who's gonna be sidelined even though we don't know either AST abilities or Lv60 WHM and SCH abilities or even design of raid-level fights in Heavensward is just super cute.
>>
>>283805420
and the we learn that Machinist has its own healing spell which upsets the balance yet again

probably not happening but if it ends up being Arcanist 2.0, i'd be thrilled
>>
>>283805419
Can you get that high of gathering with just default fisher gear off the mb? I think I have at least that much and that's what I have atm.
Also man I feel bad for my old man elf retainer. I made him a lancer and made my fiesty cat retainer the fisher, should have been the other way around.
>>
Okay, so what's the proper solution to the third shadow problem in T13? As my group gets more and more gear, we're basically pushing near the start of the second Rage of Bahamut if we don't completely stop DPS, and just get the shadow spawning regardless during gigaflare.

It's either somebody dying, or the SCH just stopping DPS in the second phase entirely that normalizes this, and allows us to transition smoothly. This isn't really affecting our ability to clear, but it's really annoying to run into this issue every week.
>>
>>283804126
You level all crafts to 50. I know you don't want to, but even with nothing but melded accessories and the unmeldable artisan gear you can roll in gil with minimal effort. You had the patience to level FSH? Time to get BTN and MNR up too.

Here's a strategy focusing on those sharks. Level your retainer as a fisher until it can gather silver sharks. Continually sending it out for those. Go catch some hammerheads yourself or alternate the retainer ventures to get both with no effort. Get alchemy high enough to make shark oil and HQ the shit out of those shark carcasses. Also, do those bird beastie crafting dailies to help you level and use the oaknots on sealants to sell for 100kish a pop. At this point I just buy sealants, craft the artisan off-hands and sell them for just over a million for about 200k profit or so. When you have enough cash to level GSM desynth to 110, use your wvr to get artisans needles to desynth into 3 Mastercraft demi's and just sell those. I know it sounds like a lot of work, and it is, but to make big bucks you have to be self-sufficient in everything.
>>
>>283805190
Similarly, you refuse to say what the aesthetic behind the Dark Knight armor is because you know what it is.

See, the difference between my question and yours (other than the fact that your question has been answered) is that my question will conclude the argument one way or another, it will settle it entirely. Your question will only turn the argument into a semantic mess, the very idea that I could "define" edgy as such will just require me to define all the terms and concepts I would use to define it, much like a child not thinking for himself, you'd end up just asking "what is...?" until we tire of the argument.

So. Answer the fucking question you mongoloid, and look at the fucking thread and find the answer that I've already given you to yours.
>>
>>283804019
My nigga, same here. Gotta watch those like a hawk, though, the market's so flooded.
>>
>>283805707
Fucking stop your DPS
>>
>>283805889
Which we are doing. It's getting to the point where a bunch of people are stopping during the megaflare if we're already at like 53%.
>>
Are the new classes out now or what?
>>
>>283805717
>you had the patience to level fsh
I actually just practiced drawing while fsh since all it required was me just hitting 3-4 and occasionally moving. Makes sense to level everything though, will have to start doing that while waiting for dungeon queues or something.
>>
>>283806101
That's normal. You needed to slow down on T5 so as not to push into db with conflag up. You needed to slow down on T9 so as not to push into Favor with Shadow out. It's the same thing here.
>>
Can I make a scarred elderly veteran character?
From what I've seen characters look young and flawless.
>>
>>283806373
Yea it's certainly possible, there's actually quite a variety of scars and you can make your face look like a map.

You can go and make a character for free though and check it out for yourself.
>>
>>283806142
Spamming leves will help, too. Concentrate on one thing at a time. To get crafting materia all you need is GSM and miner for electrum, make a full set of crafting accessories, attach cheap III materia of any type and run two story roulettes/FATE spam.
>>
>>283806187
>You needed to slow down on T9 so as not to push into Favor with Shadow out.
Eventually you just went for more DPS on this problem, so you only got 1 ghost. At this point with echo, farm groups should be getting 1 heavensfall too.

>You needed to slow down on T5 so as not to push into db with conflag up.
Although this stopped being an issue after they nerfed the health of the conflags so ranged can pretty much blow it up while dodging divebombs. But yeah, this was a thing for a while.

The worst of this was pre-nerf T7 though. You could legitimately screw yourself if you transitioned incorrectly. A renaud could potentially unfreeze before you had a chance to get another voice.
>>
>>283805756
>the very idea that I could "define" edgy as such

Is the reason ive been laughing at you for half an hour. You're arguing that the armor is edgy when you dont even know how to define edgy

and it looks like you're now trying to say defining it is too hard because you'd have to define everything else?

you havent stopped being a joke yet
>>
>>283806373
what you want is a Highlander

or a particularly scarry Elezen
>>
>>283806940
Buddy please, this is just getting sad now, you're not even interpreting words properly anymore...
>>
File: 1424129026383.gif (986 KB, 350x237) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1424129026383.gif
986 KB, 350x237
>>283803527
Not him but if I had to guess what they were going for black knights were basically knights who served nobody and simply lived for and fought for themselves. They would protect people of an area but also caused their own problems, and thus were seen as a 'necessary evil'. The way the games story is steering they seem to be aiming for a dark but not evil theme for both the player and especially the class dark knight. With the story we now have adventurers (knights) who spoilers: no longer are protected by the light of hydaelyn (you) and must turn to their own or even dark powers to continue fighting for justice or friendship or whatever it is. It's just been heavily stylized to match the setting of the game and, well, culture of the devs (more spikes and shit = more badass).

TL;DR the aesthetic is japanesy black knights.
>>
>>283807427
if you have nothing more to say(finally) you're free to leave

i'd suggest paying google a visit though so you dont embarrass yourself next time
>>
>>283807693
Still waiting for that answer buddy, but we already know what the answer is, you not daring to say it out loud only makes this so much more entertaining.

Every post you make, desperately trying to avoid giving me the answer, is just so delicious to see, because I know you have no answer, you know what the aesthetic they were going for is, and while you can deny it, you cannot refute it.

And so you deny, and deny, and deny, desperately deflecting any attempt to get the answer from you.

Struggle, squeal. It's amazing.
>>
>>283806852
Thats most because people do t7 the way it wasn't meant to be done for the sake of convinience.
>>
>>283804707
>>283805019

What exactly happens when you don't chain him up? Does he wipe the raid?
If he just goes back to the gastric juices/adds phase, wouldn't it be better to not chain him up so team B can go kill him from inside again faster?
>>
>>283807612
>Dark but not evil
Okay, and this is not edgy, how?
>>
>they don't have a fat cat
>>
>>283808114
when you get to the point where you're just repeating the person you're trying to refute, you should really look at what your goal even is anymore

are you just being petulant now? Because you realize you cant backtrack and just say you're conditioned to dislike spikes and shades?
>>
>>283808224
>What exactly happens when you don't chain him up? Does he wipe the raid?
He gets 16 stacks of Haste and at that point damage on the main tank is too high.
>>
>>283808225
why dont you... look up what edgy means? Might help
>>
>>283808114
The very definition of minge.

You reply with sarcastic non-arguments then gloat about your superiority in the situation in order to give yourself the edge so nothing can touch you.

Brilliant its the very backbone of trolling. I cannot stand up to your genius, you are trully the smartest person alive, I cannot stand up to your flawless opinionated facts.
>>
>>283806373
problem is the lack of beards
>>
>>283808507
Roegadyn has amazing looking beards though. The problem is the lack of body hair.
>>
>>283808279
Who is this semen demon?
>>
thinking about picking up this game, is bard fun?
>>
>>283808453
Oh but you can, you could totally stand up to my "trolling" with but one simple action, the answer was right in front of you the entire time!

All you need to do, is answer the question I asked you, that's all.

As long as you don't, you're only fueling the notions that you can't, because it makes no sense for you not to take the action that would easily win you the argument, if you had the ability to take it.
>>
>>283808681
Bard is the funnest dps class in the game

it's DPS though so you still get the shit end of the stick but you're actually useful
>>
>>283808225
Depends entirely on what your idea of edgy is and the context it is applied to. I'm not arguing either way because I don't believe it's as simple as a single definition loose word but I can understand the whys of both sides of the argument.
>>
So I'll ask here instead of that shit infested general on /vg/- Are the only roleplay servers Balmung and Gilgamesh?
>>
>>283808847

bard isn't healer? that is disappointing
>>
File: justme.gif (8 KB, 650x450) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
justme.gif
8 KB, 650x450
>>283808727
>>
>>283808902

It's mostly on Balmung, Gilgamesh is closed off and sparse from what I hear.
>>
>>283808848
The argument I have in the matter is that it is designed to appeal to a certain audience, and that audience is the whole "dark and brooding" set of people.

Considering "edgy" is a personality trait, a fictional "class" can hardly be equated with the trait, they're equated with aesthetically appealing to people with that trait.

Hope that makes sense.
>>
>>283808986
bard is a job that Archers get
>>
Why did my retainer turn into plastic?
>>
>>283809043
That's a shame, I was hoping to find a smaller pocket community on another server since Balmung seems a little too skewed towards a different type of roleplay.
>>
>>283809185
Stop licking her.
>>
Where my Hyperion bros? And which one of you is Dewd Junior? See that faggot everywhere.
>>
>>283809114
>dark and brooding


im sorry but what? Are you maybe confusing edgy with emo? Or possibly goth?
>>
>>283809171

what are some fun healers?
>>
File: Astrologian.jpg (291 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Astrologian.jpg
291 KB, 1920x1080
>Open /v/
>Want to discuss FFXIV, can't discuss it on /vg/ because of shitters
>Whenever I start a thread nobody replies
>See this thread

Neat. Anyway, I am hyped as fuck or astrologian. The only thing that bugs me about it is the fact that I'm going to be wearing the same clothes as my other two healers so the only difference is really going to be the weapon.

I want it to really feel like a new class, not a re-skinned scholar.
>>
>>283809640
>fun

uh

I hear Scholar is fun but I havent gotten mine to the point where I enjoy it. White Mage is pretty thankless though so i'd.. wait for Astrologist to hit
>>
>>283808681
I've only ever played blm and drg since 1.0 and sch since ARR launch, but just leveled BRD to 50 on a whim this week. It's actually a lot of fun (and easy). Once you get the urge for more complexity go MNK.
>>
>>283809640
Theres two.
Whie Mage is a straightfoward healer and scholar is a healer whomputs shields as their heals take effect, they also have fairy pets that help them heal.

Pick whatever suits your fancy. They are largely equally effective at the role of healing.
>>
>>283794405
It is drowning in black spikes, bat wing imagery, and actual edges.
If that's not edgy, I'm not sure what is. I thought that was the point of DRK anyway. To be the edgy class.
>>
>>283809868
Thats what the AF is for....?

And that AF is more similar to WHM than SCH.
>>
>>283810114
Bats are edgy? Man I never knew.
>>
>>283809114
Well if you're saying what I think you're saying which is the armor/class is trying to appeal to dark and brooding people (ie edgy) people I couldn't disagree since japan is japan and they probably are. I'd chime in that it might not have the same 'edge' as it were that we think it does because it might have a different cultural context to us then it does for the devs(japs) since the dark and brooding archetype we look at as being 'edgy' is pretty normal for their media, which would ironically make it less edgy...? Anyways I think why the other guy was getting upset was because edgy on /v/ usually has a really negative connotation, which I don't know if that is what you were going for or not.

Edgy or not I'm hyped for it though.
>>
>>283809868
I'm with you there, bro. I glamour the AF gear onto all my classes. At least we'll get new AF in the expansion that'll be viable for a while.
>>
>>283810005
>White Mage is a straightfoward healer
>Scholar is a healer whomputs shields as their heals take effect
I wonder how AST will work.
>>
>>283809185
Rain ups the specularity to make it look wet, but because skin textures don't have any pores or imperfections, it looks plastic.
>>
>>283803240
People who don't want to spend 45 mins in totorak
>>
>>283810235
Are you fucking with me?
>>
>>283810114
>black
strike one
>spike
strike two
>bat wing imagery
source? if that's actually a thing, I missed it.
>actual edges
you aren't even trying, are you?


>If that's not edgy, I'm not sure what is
>>
>>283803595
> the tank dick waving contest that is Labrynth of the Ancients

I don't even try there anymore, I just let the shitheads taunt skellies off of me.
>>
>>283810360
I'm hoping there'll be some sort of crit mechanic based on the deck of cards. Who knows.
>>
>>283810440
then dont play with shitters?
>>
File: pls.jpg (29 KB, 283x283) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
pls.jpg
29 KB, 283x283
>>283810142
>is for...?

You will not receive the AF until level 60 anyway, so from there on out you're going to look like every other WHM/SCH.
>>
File: 1421986364106.png (12 KB, 500x500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1421986364106.png
12 KB, 500x500
Why are people trying to say it's not edgy?
It is edgy.
Edgy isn't necessarily bad but there's no way a "dark knight" isn't edgy
>>
File: 1423209201868.png (415 KB, 582x800) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1423209201868.png
415 KB, 582x800
>>283810142
>And that AF is more similar to WHM
What? This doesn't look anything like WHM other than being a dress.
>>
>>283810360
I'm guessing their heals will all have hots atrached.

Idk how they could make it different otherwise.
>>
>>283810719
Like whms that don't dps?
>>
>>283810806
Who already look like every smn/blm.

Whats the problem? Just glamour in the gear you think looks best on you.
>>
>>283810817
If anything it looks nearly identical to the caster gear in WoD
>>
>>283810817
I actually meant conjurer.
>>
File: bat wing image.jpg (18 KB, 500x500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bat wing image.jpg
18 KB, 500x500
>>283810621
>source? if that's actually a thing, I missed it.
Curved spike stuff like this.
It's used a lot in edgy/dark style work. It's usually used to make something seem sharp and imposing.
>>
>>283810326
I stuck with that up until the look bored me. Now my SCH/WHM gear is exactly the same except for the weapon, so it's sort of annoying.

As goofy as the astro AF gear looks, I don't think I'm going to glamour it over with anything.
>>
>>283810835
WHM already has something like that, I like to think of WHM as the primary HoT class too.

I feel like it will be buffed base.
>>
>>283810621
What do you define edgy design as then?
And what would you call DRK's design?
>>
>>283810810
can you actually say what's edgy about it?

hot damn do people consider Cecil to be edgy?
>>
>all these players with 50's in all classes

get a life
>>
>>283810910
like tryhards in low level roulette
>>
I've been running into an issue lately as I play my White Mage. Ordinarily I will hit cleric stance for a while during a pull, if I think no one is going to get destroyed. But lately I've had tanks running into packs upon packs of mobs and needing to be healed constantly until they're all nearly dead, at which point I will cleric and start to Holy if there's quite a few left or just DoT and stone if it's a single target left. Then the tanks will complain that I didn't DPS the entire pull. What I'm wondering is where does the notion that your healer should be DPSing at all times come from?
>>
>>283811020
You're thinking of Vanya set which is old as balls and isn't the costume for conjurer just because it's featured on the artwork. It simply was the first high-level crafted set for healers.
>>
>>283811281
But I already have a healthy job and home. Or do you want to compare life instead? I'm definetely not rich thats for sure
>>
>>283811453

I'm just jealous
>>
>>283811398
Thats why the conjurer guildmaster wears it and thats why most conjurers wear long robes with pointy hats.

Okay I got you.
>>
>>283811362
Also known as people who don't want to spend 45 mins in a low level dungeons so the healer can be a lazy shit.
>>
>>283811253
The man who killed innocents, burned a village to the ground, and had black spiky armor with sharp red markings on it before he went PLD?
I'd consider it.
>>
>>283811579
Yes, that is actually why. What's your point? Scholars can wear it too.
>>
>>283810256
Well, it's the same with G'Hara or w/e that catguy was named being a chuuni guy and appealing to that, with the whole power of the eye and such laid on really thick.

I don't mind the edgy appeal of the Dark Knight, it's a real trait and while arguably negative it does flesh things out just a bit more.
>>
>>283809625
>He doesn't know emos and goths are the actual edgelords

.... Anon... I.. I don't know what to tell you man...
>>
>>283811606
I love that this game tacks on DPS into healers. Its a pretty good filter.
>>
>>283811548
It honestly doesn't even take that long if you stay dedicated to it and don't get distracted.

I have level 50 in all of my DoW/DoM classes and it took me a couple of months. With the 50% experience boost it makes things easier; you just have to pace yourself.

I always did my low level each day and my guildhest. It may seem annoying but in truth you actually need to level them all up at some point for cross-class skills.

God knows I fucking hated leveling lancer for BfB and Invigorate.
>>
>>283809625
>im sorry but what? Are you maybe confusing edgy with emo? Or possibly goth?
I think society did that for us
>>
>>283794405
> people call this edgy

> meanwhile warrior atma is literally a blood dripping axe
> nobody bats an eye
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 500x371) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 500x371
which one is WAR and which one is PLD?

Which one is SCH and which one is WHM?
>>
>>283812389
when people see spikes, they automatically call it edgy

i like DRK because huge ass two-handed swords, i would have liked more Samurai's though
>>
>>283813227
Also black and red
>>
>>283812389
That's also edgy, but we're just not talking about it.
What's wrong with a DRK being edgy? That's kind of their deal. Its fun.
>>
Would you let Yda sit on your face?
>>
>>283814721
What's the red leg armor she wears? Also, yes, best girl by a mile and your taste is impeccable.
>>
>>283814721

Yda is the worst offender in the "they just threw their main NPCs together in the character creator and slapped random gear on them" category.
>>
>>283814721
Only if Y'shtola is riding my dick.
>>
Feels great being a Monk. We're the best and everyone agrees.
>>
File: 1417478959756.jpg (90 KB, 285x1000) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1417478959756.jpg
90 KB, 285x1000
>>283815768
This.
>>
>>283814721
Until I died.
>>
>people use hacks to teleport around the area and complete FATEs
How fucking lazy can you get
How fucking shitty must the engine be to allow this
>>
>>283816204
You can also do that in other MMOs like GW2, so that would..

oh..
>>
File: 1414784724839.jpg (62 KB, 709x765) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1414784724839.jpg
62 KB, 709x765
>DF pairs me with the same mentally deficient Tank half a dozen times
>today I had him in Brayflox
>BLM spat the rage of a thousand suns in a thousand tongues as the Tank failed miserably to position the Dragon
I joined in progress so I only had half a dungeon to go of that, the BLM must have been there from the start no wonder he was that pissed.
>>
>>283816890
Brayflox is the retard tank check.

If you can't tank Brayflox you can't tank anything after it.

Same goes for healers.
>>
>>283817108
PLD 50 myself, but oh the horror when I queue as DPS in Brayflox NM when for the infantry gear.. level 34 tanks without soulstones.. it's horrible.
>>
>>283816020
Once they make an Emperor's New Pugilist Weapon I'll level monk.
>>
>>283817108
It was hilarious to me, watching the BLM freak out in French/Spanish/English.
I've witnessed this Tank through nearly every previous Dungeon and he has not improved a single bit since Sastasha.
>>
File: 1364827593328.png (9 KB, 405x344) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1364827593328.png
9 KB, 405x344
>>283817320
>still missing the infantry gloves and shirt.
>>
File: 4534534.jpg (73 KB, 686x314) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
4534534.jpg
73 KB, 686x314
>>283817320
>level 34

Step up senpai.
>>
File: fuck-this-and-this.gif (876 KB, 230x145) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fuck-this-and-this.gif
876 KB, 230x145
>>283817537
> have arch mage title
> 32-40 for each one was nothing but Brayflox
> full sets of infantry and cavalry armor via greed rolls
> still never see a battle mage robe drop
>>
File: OUTRAGE.gif (498 KB, 500x230) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
OUTRAGE.gif
498 KB, 500x230
>>283817108
This, so hard.

Sometimes it isn't even possible to complete the dungeon. When you have people with shitty gear and no jobstone, it becomes impossible to even get past the first boss.

I duty roulette a BF NM the other week when leveling my bard and it was awful. We got a marauder in awful gear that died in each and every pull. When I tried to ask her (spoilers: it was a catgirl) why she didn't have her job unlocked, she never responded, just kept trying to pull.

We eventually had to kick her because no progress was being made.
>>
>>283817638

Ugh. I would've just left. What the hell.
>>
File: 1388716172930.gif (998 KB, 500x309) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1388716172930.gif
998 KB, 500x309
>>283817537
I have the full set but the bandana. God damn why does the bandana never drop.
>>
If i'm working 2 jobs with variable schedules and inconsistent days off how do I get a static?

I mean, Square Enix expects me to have a job, because they charge a monthly fee so its not an option to quit my job to join a static, so uh, how do you pull it off?
>>
File: unbelievable.jpg (32 KB, 620x225) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
unbelievable.jpg
32 KB, 620x225
>>283817792
>>283817537
>See battlemage robe for the first time
>Holy shit, must have
>Levelling WHM as first class
>Get to Brayflox
>Grind for DAYS
>Lose track of how many runs I complete, eventually get to level 45 and move on
>At that point was missing only the BM robe
>Had full cavalry and infantry
>Roll as BLM
>Get to brayflox once again
>Fuck this shit, that fucking robe is MINE
>Grind endlessly
>Encounter the robe once
>Roll somewhere in the 50s
>Oh god please please please
>Some faggot BLM steals the kill from me
>Several dungeons later
>Encounter it once more
>Roll a 1
>Lose my mind, on the verge of crying
>For some reason the WHM just leaves without rolling
>mfw I won that fucking robe with a 1 after so many attempts

I wish I had taken a fucking picture. Shit was insane.
>>
>>283817405
I've been begging for one since they did the accessories, it's a unique kind of suffering.
>>
>>283817320
>PLD 50 myself, but oh the horror when I queue as DPS in Brayflox NM when for the infantry gear.. level 34 tanks without soulstones.. it's horrible

Man, i've seen tanks in SCOB that don't have their soulstones yet

shit's wack.
>>
>>283819586
Brayflox NM is harder than SCOB.
>>
Why are there so many PLDs who don't know what shield lob is? Every WAR knows how to pull, every other PLD I encounter is an idiot when it comes to pulling.
>>
>>283819696
true, but who needs soulstones anyway?

No better way to get commendations but to kick ass and carry half your team without needing a clutch soulstone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtJIFgQXu_Y
>>
>>283794478
Jesus I'm starting to hate this fucking thing... wtf does this guy just refresh all fucking day waiting to copy paste it?
>>
>>283820039
It's the same autistic scholar trying to stroke his e-peen.
>>
>>283820317
And then derail every thread if you so happen to slightly think whm and Sch are equal
>>
File: woosleygenius.jpg (97 KB, 585x544) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
woosleygenius.jpg
97 KB, 585x544
tfw need 33 more alexandrite
>>
>>283820483
Best to just ignore it.

Any person that isn't braindead knows that SCH and WHM are equal in ability and cover for where the other lacks.
>>
>>283820762
Get on the FATE hustle boi
>>
>>283821148
Haven't got one drop in an hour.
>>
>>283795659
Because it's a good game?
>>
what is the most fun class?

what is the most useless class?
>>
>>283821775
fisher

fisher
>>
>>283821775
>what is the most fun class?

pugilist (not monk)

>what is the most useless class?

conjurer (not white mage)
>>
>>283817320
>>283817638
I remember seeing a screenshot of a 50 GLD in Turn 5. It was his only class too.
>>
Good thing there's a thread now, I need a quick help guys. Apperantly I can give my retainers a class and send them on ventures...Well I can't choose any class for them, I only have 5 options avalaible for them(give items/gil, sell items, view sale history). What the fuck am I missing?
>>
File: 1388715996424.png (35 KB, 1000x876) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1388715996424.png
35 KB, 1000x876
>>283821860
They nailed it. Supposed to be raising my alchemist I just want to fish.
>>
>>283810114
hahaha edgy xD
>>
>>283822104
unlocking quest in any of the cities
>>
>>283821348
I'm sorry to hear that, keep changing areas if things aren't going your way.
>>
I've never used Apocatastasis. Not once.
>>
>>283822104
Has to be a class you have leveled yourself.
>>
>>283822104
Do the quest to unlock that feature?
>>
>>283822265
What's the hardest content you've done?
>>
>>283822265
It used to be completely useless, its much more useful after they changed it to "all magic damage"
>>
>>283822223
I need to do a quest to give them a class? Okay, do you remember what quest it is/where in each town?
>>283822275
I'm lvl 50 MKN so there's no issue with that, but I don't even have that option
>>
>>283822397

Done all the Ex primals. Never set foot in Coil.
>>
>>283817792
I feel this, but only with the pants and belt. I rolled a 98 on the pants once and the BLM rolled a 99. I was so incredibly made. I've never even seen the belt drop and I've gone through on 5 classes.
>>
>>283822449
Lv17 An Ill-conceived Venture
>>
>>283822675
You should try coil. It's stupid easy till T5. Even then it's still pretty simple. T5 is where your party has to start actually paying attention and play as a team.
>>
>not being a brown qt cat girl pugilist

u gay
>>
File: 1424152732811.png (31 KB, 900x489) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1424152732811.png
31 KB, 900x489
>resubbed recently
>decided that I never wanted to raid again
>all I want to do is craft and jew
>start leveling up all my crafting classes
>start selling shit left and right
>oh my god this is so fun
>how much more comfy is this goddamn
>I can just sit here and tap x and fap and make mad ducats, is this the real life?
>oh my, I'm so motivated, after all I can just craft gear to keep me up to speed in combat classes if I really commit to this

>mid to late crafting grind
>ran out of leves a long time ago
>only two gatherers at 50
>farming the animals for mats less efficient
>need an entire retainer just for the sheer output of items for each class
>without leves, it is disgustingly slow leveling
Help me /v/, I'm slipping. Motivate me with all the money I'm going to make. at least when bloodborne comes out, I'll stop playing enough tip stack some leves
>>
>>283822769
Appreciated
>>
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 774x722) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 774x722
Would a premade run Syrcus Tower and pass on the sands for me if I paid them 30k each? I keep getting outrolled and I just need 2 more.
>>
>>283822947
Brown enough?
>>
>>283822915
>TFW every time I try T5 through DF everyone is literally retarded.
>No one seems to want to join an i112 WAR in PF for T5.

T5 is the gateway to hell, man.
>>
File: 1419750320302.gif (793 KB, 384x216) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1419750320302.gif
793 KB, 384x216
so I'm a low level conjurer, having a great time swapping in and out of cleric stance to crank up the party DPS in dungeons, then swapping out to shoot off heals when needed. is this still viable once you get in to the higher level dungeons?
>>
>>283822990
> not prepping yourself for the jewgasm that is early expansion economies

Do you hate money?
>>
>>283823137

u know it nigga
>>
>>283823172
Not only viable, but people will give you shit if you dont.
>>
>>283823113
If I wasn't in class. You wouldn't have to pay me so long as you didn't roll on the oils.
>>
>>283823172
Yes. More so for Scholar than for White mage, but you don't get the satisfaction of catapulting corpses with fluid aqua.
>>
File: 1414713206575.gif (644 KB, 400x456) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1414713206575.gif
644 KB, 400x456
>>283823331
so how do I make sure I don't run out of mana?
>>
>>283823172
For sch, you are expected to dps through all high level content.

I will argue that for whm it is not. It's just not worth the trade-off. Keep doing that as long as you can though. It's one way to keep from falling asleep in low level dungeons.
>>
>>283823172
Its very viable. Some elitests will even give you shit for not doing so as well.
>>
>>283823406
Don't over exert yourself, you get a skill later that regens your mana
>>
>>283823406
Have appropriate gear and don't waste mana on inefficient spells, roll Scholar and let your pet do all the healing for you.
>>
Just got past ilevel 90 armor. Too bad I'm still waaay behind the curve.
>>
>>283822128
Anon I told you to get on that alchemy train! Put that tackle away and get marching.

When do I get my gigs back? Fuck.
>>
>>283823456
>>283823491
>>283823494
>>283823534
alright! I'll do it!
>>
>>283823406
If you're running sorry on mana as a WHM, get gud don't dps. SoS at half no matter what.
>>
>>283823540
It goes quickly when you reach World of Darkness, you can pick up an ilevel 120 and ilevel 130 piece of gear every week, as well as level all the tomestone of soldiery gear to ilevel 110
>>
>>283823650
Keep it up and you earn your white mage battlepanties
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-epuWuzTTI

Do fates they said
>>
>>283823714
>SoS at half no matter what.
It should be used sooner than that.

3/4 mana at the latest.
>>
>>283823149
It's a rite of passage. I had a blow through party of it disband because the tank couldn't dodge twisters. The phase changes were so fast and smooth, but one person ruined the whole thing. T5 is a patience and dedication test. Never give up.
>>
>>283824030
More like 4/5ths.
Git gud lol git gud
>>
>>283823650
You're actually expected to dps as either healer. Even in higher level dungeons.

In endgame raids high level play have both healers pulling off really high dps, on more than the other.
>>
File: 1362246498809.gif (3 MB, 626x404) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1362246498809.gif
3 MB, 626x404
>>283820762
>tfw always caught up on relics
>catch the train of everyone doing the current step as it comes out
>done within the week each time
>... except for Novus. Needed like 50k myth to be done at that time. Ended up finishing that in like 3 weeks because 21 alexandrite from dailies made the amount of myth needed much less.

You have hunts to give you alexandrite from soldiery + allied seals. Just do that. It's like 10 times faster than what I had to go through.
>>
>>283824275
More like 7/8th
these scrubs are ridiculous
>>
>>283824409
Hunts on Tonberry are impossible, m8.
The server is so overcrowded As just melt in seconds.
>>
>>283823406
Not sure if you have the skill yet, but there is a skill called aetherflow.
It will give you mana and also give you buff stacks. Those buffstacks can be expended to drain mana from enemies.
It's pretty hard TO run out of mana as long as you keep them on cooldown.
>>
>>283823149
If you guys are on primal I'd be up for some T5.
>>
>>283824535
Sorry Leviathan here
>>
>>283824504
wrong class
>>
>>283824227
I've never even gotten TO the twisters. My healers always die somewhere down the line. I can hold Twintania down for quite a while without healing but with no healers I'm only delaying the inevitable.
>>
>>283824687
We are primal dingus

It's our data center
>>
>>283824687
Leviathan is a part of primal you retard
>>
>>283824838
I assumed they would level conjurer into scholar if they loved them glorious deeps.
>>
>>283824535
On Levi like >>283824687
>>
>>283824504
> conjurer
> aetherflow
>>
Make sure you guys select the same language so you all end up together. Don't just queue for T5 randomly.
>>
>>283825019
see
>>283824916
>>283824940
>>
>>283824687
Alright, let's see who in this thread is on Primal and would be up for some T5. Just select German [D] as your language so it's more likely we get matched up. I'm queuing now.
>>
>>283824687
>>283824940
I'm not used to people talking data centers. Now I feel bad.

But anyways, I'm in class so I can't join right now.
>>
>>283825019
>>283824687
Doesn't mater the server as long as it's the same data center

All you do is que for T5 with only F or D selected for the language and we'll most likely end up together
>>
>monthly sub
>>
>>283825278
if other people reply with what job they're queing as ill join

Be silly if its 8 dps
>>
>>283824916
>>283824940
>>283825297
Hehehehe my bad guys
>>
>>283825507
I'm a monk, but I'm also at work.
>>
>>283824983
>Conjurer into scholar
Nigger what
>>
>>283804686
You've clearly haven't done levi if you think that. Having 2 medica 2s when you're getting shit kicked in by waves is incredibly useful
>>
>>283825474
> scum filter

It's keeps the lol and Dota hue hue kurwa scum out, I'll pay it every time.
>>
>>283825825
You need 15 conjurer to become a scholar
>>
96% of the player base has not cleared t9.
50% echo inbound.
Trash, trash everywhere.
>>
>>283826264
50% echo won't fucking help
>>
File: 1423497394125.gif (2 MB, 362x268) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1423497394125.gif
2 MB, 362x268
>>283823172
>want to use aoe skills on drg and mnk
>they always drain your TP way too fucking much and aren't worth it unless there are like 4-5+ enemies
Why did they even include aoe attacks on most phys dps if they were just going to make the aoe skills bad
>>
File: 1424245307323.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1424245307323.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>283826264
Wait, is 96% accurate?
If it is, holy fuck. My FC cleared T9 before the nerf and just helped out another group of buds learn T9 as well and farm for weapons.
>>
>>283826161
Yes but Conjurer doesn't "become" scholar
Thread replies: 412
Thread images: 54
Thread DB ID: 39909



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.