[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So CA has completely succumbed to SJWs and included women as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 21

File: revisonist history.png (3MB, 1905x1017px) Image search: [Google]
revisonist history.png
3MB, 1905x1017px
So CA has completely succumbed to SJWs and included women as members of regular infantry in their upcoming game TW: Attila. Pic very related.

I know CA is shilling hard these days, and they've more than likely fallen on hard times. But, they at least tried to have some semblance of historical accuracy within these games. Sure there are some tongue-in-cheek units, like flaming pigs, and onagars launching bees. But this is another matter.

I'm sure everyone knows that women did fight in the wars of antiquity. In dire circumstances that are extremely rare. They fought as irregulars, usually defensively and on the losing side - A testament to how dire the circumstances had been to allow them onto a battle field. Including them in a regular standing army as normal combatants is historically inaccurate.

This is revisionist as fuck and it is annoying as fuck.

Why wont it stop?
>>
>>283722476
I'm so fucking triggered right now.
>>
Yeah I don't give a shit about historical accuracy either.

FEM POWER!
>>
File: 1315028951826.jpg (54KB, 208x339px) Image search: [Google]
1315028951826.jpg
54KB, 208x339px
>literally none of the female models wear helmets
>>
>>283722476
>being this autistic
>>
Who gives a fucking shit? Ayyyyyyy lmao
>>
>there are people who play vanilla total war
>there are people who don't even use unit overhauls
WTF
>>
i h8 women cos they think im gross

but i'll have the last laugh, I'm gonna post nasty messages about them on my imageboard.
>>
>>283723010
People who like TW games?
>>
>>283723010

You're not even using ayy right Anita. Go away.
>>
>>283722476

Women fighting is a common phenomena in nomadic societies. It was a dire circumstance for more settled barbarians, that's true
>>
File: To SJWs and FaGGots.png (713KB, 1316x941px) Image search: [Google]
To SJWs and FaGGots.png
713KB, 1316x941px
>>283723260
People who like Total War games don't cry about something as innocuous and unrelated to the gameplay as the gender of models

More than likely, you're a faGGot trying to stir up shit.
>>
>>283722476

They're not going create a special algorhythm just to make sure the female model doesn't appear in non city defense versions of the militia type troops.

I've only seen the female models in militia type troops, which are supposed to represent irregulars.
>>
>>283723334
These aren't nomadic societies. These are Vikings.
>>
>>283722476
Hopefully the DEI team fixes this mess.
>>
File: bdqqsblp.jpg (9KB, 544x496px) Image search: [Google]
bdqqsblp.jpg
9KB, 544x496px
>>283723543
>These are Vikings
no they're not
>>
>>283723451
Of course they care about historical context. Look at the TW forums. Thats all they ever bitch about, next to gameplay.

What's there to stir up? It's a fact.
>>
>>283723668
I think the name of the video is "TW: Attila - Viking Forefathers" or something of the like.

They aren't nomadic peoples like the Golden Horde to be certain.
>>
>>283723896
yeah so they're not vikings
>>
File: Oy Vey Ayy.jpg (19KB, 210x220px) Image search: [Google]
Oy Vey Ayy.jpg
19KB, 210x220px
>>283723319
Killroy, pls. Haven't you had enough of shilling to the pyramid confederate by now? gb to >/m/asonorder
>>
>>283723467
Why not ? Militias defend their homes, so thats fine. They don't go on invasions.

They are in spear levy units and cavalry as well.
>>
>>283724023
But they aren't nomads either.
>>
>>283723451
I'm not trying to stir anything up.

It's historically not accurate and therefore bullshit.
>>
>>283724158

If you wanted to be 100% accurate, you wouldn't be able to send militias out of a village.
>>
>>283723451

Most women didn't fight. Understandable, since most men did not give two shits about courtesy or privacy. Therefore women didn't WANT to fight.

They followed armies as camp followers, yes. But never participated in battle.
>>
If you care about history that much, historical accuracy mods will fix it.

They can do the feminism pandering all they want as long as they give us the ability to mod.
>>
>>283726590

That is true. Militia is mostly a last ditch resort and only performed when hunkered down and on the defensive.
>>
>>283727251

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here, they still have to deliver a good game first.
>>
>>283727470
not really, vanilla rome 2 is pretty mediocre but modded it's one of the best TW games, certainly the best Warscape TW
>>
Haven't got the game yet, but aren't the women only in the Germanic/Frankish levy units? If that's the case, I couldn't care less. Sure, they're probably overrepresented, but it did occur at the time. It's not like Total War hasn't been guilty of worse historical inaccuracies in the past.
>>
>>283727928

People need to stop with the "but modded it's good" argument.

The mere fact that it required mods to be even remotely enjoyable indicates a poor product.
>>
>>283722476
>he thinks woman cant fight in medieval era

you must be stuck up muslim
>>
>>283728535
i don't care about the politics or philosophy bullshit I just want a good game
>>
>>283728535
A game can be in good quality and mods still can make the game better.
>>
>>283727251
>If you care about history that much, historical accuracy mods will fix it.

Historical accuracy for Atilla's period is pretty much entirely conjecture at points. When people complain about historical accuracy in the more recent Total War games at least half of the time they're just upset because CA isn't going with their own personal take on the period where Bulgarians aren't 9 foot tall super soldiers who all look like fabio.
>>
>>283728590
>Didn't read the whole post.
>>
>>283722476
Because of autistics like you.
>>
>>283722476
So now I can kill women.

PROGRESS.
>>
>>283722476
What the fuck is CA and why do you weaboo faggets always do that shit? Assume that we all know what the fuck you're talking about. And you always type long ass paragraphs, so it's not like you're doing it to save time.

now what the fuck is CA?
>>
>>283723543
One, Vikings had female warriors, Seriously what the fuck? Some of the most famous viking warriors are female, like Hladgerd Lodbrok.

>So CA has completely succumbed to SJWs and included women as members of regular infantry in their upcoming game TW: Attila. Pic very related.

historical accounts mention female warriors, In fact, Scythian and Sarmatian women warriors is often cited as the myth of "Amazons" originated from. So no, it's not historically inaccurate.
>>
Even as a shitpost this is real low quality.
>>
Lmao even in your fucking nintendo war game on the computer women are stronger and more capable than you while you sit at a keyboard alone crying about muh history
>>
>>283729045
lol
>>
File: smug.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>mfw i modded mount and blade warband to have my faction made up entirely of women
> they are elite foot soldiers and archers, all loyal to me
> a massive harem/army
noice
>>
If you faggots did five minutes of research you'd find that the general consensus is that women definitely fought for the the nomadic hordes, though in some tribes more than others and in fairly unknown numbers.
>>
>>283729125

>Some of the most famous vikings are female

No anon, what you meant to say is that some vikings that are renowned are female

just like sometimes my shits are work of art.

I wouldn't call my shits renowned art though.

Famouse vikings, regardless of gender are the ones that have an impact on history. The guy that was carried around on his shield is a famous viking because there are written accounts of his character in spades.
>>
>>283729426
>getting bullied and teased by them every night after a hard sweaty day of battle and collecting taxes
pa-ra-di-se
>>
Well they did have that all lady units dlc for Total War 2
>>
File: 1359905266692.jpg (33KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1359905266692.jpg
33KB, 251x242px
>>283729125
first of all stop believing the Vikings tv show is 100% accurate tale and not fantastical bullshit elaborated on to make a good show. Shield maidens are/were purely a myth. Second of all, these Scythian women warriors you speak of had no choice but to band together to defend themselves from invaders because their husbands were nomadic warriors who would leave home for months at a time. They never went on the offensive, nor were they particularly good fighters.
>>
File: cheetah print bikinis.jpg (79KB, 338x578px) Image search: [Google]
cheetah print bikinis.jpg
79KB, 338x578px
>>283722476
>mfw the captive women and the corpses of women fighters will get raped mercilessly
>>
>>283729461

Or nah.

they were in tribal levies, but only in defense particularly and were in the early stages of human developement like the early Gauls.

As societies develope, the Man became the instrument of war because their natural aptitude in terms of genetics and womens alternative functions. That they can have babies and collect food.
>>
>>283729528
Are you actually trying to make a point with this post? Because you're failing miserably. You're contrasting near-synonyms and then contradicting your own definitions.
>>
>>283728341
Yep.

Not sure why /v/'s got their undies in a bundle over this. There are many more glaring historical inaccuracies in the series than the existence of female warriors.
>>
>>283729764
>No, that's not true because I don't want to believe it.
>>
>>283722476
Vikings had female warriors. There's even recent evidence.

You're an idiot.
>>
>>283729634

This.

Women would be purely defensive roles in these tribal societies. In cases of mass migration, they would only appear in auxillary type functions like massed levies after the men went forward and engaged in their ceremonies.
>>
>>283723451
>Less than 300 votes
>Only 7 people support SJW

How nice of you to provide us with a proof that you are the one who should get the fuck out of here.
>>
sees 8 women in a sea of men

> uhhhh sjws flooding vidya with women
>>
>>283722476
Historyfag here.

Nomadic culture places very little emphasis on gender roles until after marriage. In nomadic cultures, women are taught to hunt, they are taught to fight and they were used in combat.

Women have largely been "written out" of history of combat and war and it's largely a Greek then Renaissance phenomenon. The Greeks were so full of shit that they claimed that "Women warriors cut off their breasts to fight because fighting as a female is unfeminine" and the renaissance is just filled with historical revisionism, subjugation of women (it should be noted that the cause of this is often linked to the Black Plague, where population imbalanced made women much more numerous than men and thus towards the mid-late middle ages, women were taking up more and more powerful offices and positions which the church was threatened by)

Ancient burial excavations show that in ancient societies, generally women made up roughly around 20% of armed forces. (though this changes depending on time and specific cultures of course)
>>
>>283729902
That would be interesting if the game didn't take place 400 years before the viking age. You're an idiot.
>>
>>283730034
Cimbri were around at that time. They had some pretty vicious female warriors (at least according to the Romans)
>>
>>283729634
Yeah sure kid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOFUV_2msDw

There's also roman accounts of women fighting in the Irans armies.
>>
>>283722476
there are a bunch of retarded female units in shogun 2 and rome 2 as well
>>
>>283722476
>implying women didn't play a role in barbarian armies. It's almost like if your whole clan is travelling together with no fixed settlement they need all the manpower they need.

Do any of you even into history or anthropology?
>>
>>283729786

I can't find the viking you speak of with a google search, but I could find a nameless frank that stopped a catapult from firing on a village near manzikert during the battle.

People have to do things of significance for history to record the details. Women, frankly, did not. There was no massive cover up of the achievements of women in history, there just wasn't that many heroic women figures, most women were complacent at local politics and family rearing.
>>
>>283722476
You're retarded. A hastily constructed militia during the 5th Century AD would almost certainly have a few women around. Contrary to what SJWs will tell you, it's not a fucking sliding scale of "THE OLDER IT IS, THE MORE OPPRESSED THE WOMYN ARE".

Remember, they're scared villagers defending their home, not a fucking army of men raping and pillaging other countries.

If there are lots of women in the regular army though, then that's bullshit.
>>
>>283729992
lol hi John Green
when's your next crash course?
>>
>>283722476

If there are women I hope they at least are dressed properly.

By properly, I mean with chainmail bikinis obviously, since they don't care about historical accuracy anymore.
>>
Yeah it is stupid as fuck. Liberals sure love revisionism considering that history is not on their side. There is a reason why do these things.
>>
>>283729528
>not knowing about the archaeological evidence for shield maidens

You know anon it's ok to just admit you don't know anything about history and you're mad girls are in your games.
>>
File: Arbo-Hervors_død.jpg (57KB, 1252x788px) Image search: [Google]
Arbo-Hervors_død.jpg
57KB, 1252x788px
>>283722476
>4th century Hun/Goth/Viking wars
>Doesn't know Hervarar saga ok Heioreks

Literally one of the most famous stories from that era is about a female warrior. This story was also the main inspiration for Tolkien.
>>
>>283730217
skimmed through the sources and it seems you just confirmed what I said, women defended their tribes
>>
>>283730540
Shieldmaidens are largely folklore..
>>
>>283730616
>That moment when you realise Gandalf is Odin
>>
>>283730616
Figureheads and leaders being female is no big deal. What's stupid is that there is to be a large legion of female footsoldiers. It doesn't make sense to not use male soldiers exclusively as they are expendable in society.
>>
>>283730467
Just because history doesn't match your preconceived notions doesn't mean it's wrong.

I bet you think everyone in the dark ages were idiots like those renaissance cucks would have you believe.
>>
>>283723896
Releasing Scandinavian tribes as "Viking Forefathers" DLC in a game set in the 400's AD would be like releasing "1st Guards Tank Army" DLC for a game wit Peter the Great's Russian Empire.
>>
>>283730739
Gandalf is actually based on Väinämöinen, a finnish folk lore hero from national epic Kalevala.
>>
>>283729936
Isn't that the type of unit that appears on OP's Pic? Looks like untrained peasants for sure
>>
>>283730540

You want to talk about archeology?

There's sites all around gaellic world where weapons and other objects were buried. This is assumed to be for religious purposes, but hey if I just look at weapons being buried it could just as well be the adoption of passive resistance and a lay down of arms.

Now when you can collaborate archeological evidence with primary sources that are reliable which makes your hypothesis on the archeological evidence valid then you can say shit.

There is no point for women in offensive armies other then as auxiliary units.
>>
>>283730627
>invading england
>defensive
>>
>>283731013
You 100% sure there?

Odin often assumed the identity of "the wanderer", a man with a wide brimmed hat and a walking stick.
>>
>>283730923
Yeah and this time the limited female soldiers are mixed in with lowly units instead of ahistorical fully female battalions. What's ahistorical is you using them to conquer ridiculous amounts of land.
>>
>>283731042

Hats, big shields with a metal boss on it, everyone armed with spears.

Yeah no, that doesn't look like they just rounded up all of the tribe to defend itself.
>>
>>283731050
Are you using these armies offensively? What the hell are you doing anon!
>>
>>283729992

>Historyfag here

Humanity sciences are complete dominated by progressive retards and are literally a joke.

Women are simply inferior to men in most combat situations and are too important to society (simply because they are usually the limiting resource for breeding) to be used in combat in normal situations in ANY SOCIETY, no matter what your SJW marxist homossexual professor told you.
>>
>>283722476
i dont care
>>
>>283731135
could it not be both?
>>
>>283731135
Well it's not like it's based completely on him since Tolkien borrowed all lores and mixed them but yes Väinämöinen is the biggest influence.
After all elven language was based on finnish too.
Finnish and Estonian mythology lores are distinctly similar more with German's lore compared to other nations.
>>
/v/ officially is as fucking bad as the SJWs when it comes to bitching about inane shit so they can fight their political battles entirely unrelated to videogames.
>>
As someone who is generally very interested in women's roles in history, you should take a lot of stories of female warriors with a grain of salt.

Speaking from a purely physiological perspective, I've tried a few different martial arts and even got a chance to do some ARMA. Even against the few men who were about my size, I struggled a huge amount even just sparring with them, and I usually have no problem and have to slow down for other girls.

However, someone like Ronda Rousey or Cat Zingano back in the Viking days? I could totally see them being capable warriors.
>>
File: right in the junk.jpg (503KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
right in the junk.jpg
503KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>283731169
That's precisely it. In defensive wars, it makes sense to use everyone available. But most ancient armies still settled with a mostly or an all male force.
>>
>>283731342
You can't argue that facts are liberal you retard.

Also women are extremely important in defensive combat situations since if they lose the women are forfeit anyways. During the great migration many of these armies are composed of the entire migratory group not just the warriors.

They wont be using them first but saying they would never be used is downright retarded.
>>
>>283722476
The most important thing is they have no visible boobs.
This would trigger someone.
>>
File: ....jpg (34KB, 297x274px) Image search: [Google]
....jpg
34KB, 297x274px
>>283723451
>Anyone who hates my insane feminist ideology is a faGGot
>>
>>283730989

I'm pretty sure throwing "viking" in at all is just to get the casual interested.
I'm guessing they're just going for pre-viking era Scandinavians/North Germans. If they make actual fucking 7-800 era vikings that'll be silly.
>>
I get that barbarians did not have the most organized or disciplined militarys and that women may have joined. But a third of all footsoldiers being women is just stupid. Hopefully Atilla gets its own version of Divide Et Imperia to fix some of the more glaring historical flaws.
>>
>>283730939
So you're going to stand by this hilariously vague statement?
>Ancient burial excavations show that in ancient societies, generally women made up roughly around 20% of armed forces.

Because goddamn, that's a weak kind of piss.
>>
It would only make sense in a defensive war of survival. That is when women are pressed into service. The game has bigger problems than that though, the performance is pretty damn bad considering how it looks.
>>
File: 1424092151894.jpg (85KB, 454x453px) Image search: [Google]
1424092151894.jpg
85KB, 454x453px
>sacrificing historical accuracy in order to please feminists

They're not even doing it for the female audience, because it's kind of non existent. It's for internet feminists. Glad I got bored with this series
>>
>>283731671
>this entire post.
>>
File: 1304135170823.jpg (70KB, 331x319px) Image search: [Google]
1304135170823.jpg
70KB, 331x319px
>implying Eastern Germanics didn't have women in their ranks during migratory periods
>>
I like having women in my armies because I can RP that they are the cum dumps for my soldiers/war dogs between battles when they need to relax.
>>
>>283731909
We don't mind when Dynasty Warriors does it.
>>
>>283732015
Yeah but they can do that and not be on the front line.
>>
>>283731342

Not him, but
>I know you spent years studying this shit in an environment that encourages looking at facts, comparing primary sources and coming to your own conclusions, then proving it in a well cited and thoroughly explained thesis, but lol SJW opinion invalid

How does it feel using your worthless political agenda to dismiss all opposition to your shitty opinion? Does it sound familiar?
>>
>>283731943
N-no! ITS FEMINISM THAT DID THIS!
>>
>>283731909
>implying it's not historically accurate.

Where did you get your history degree again anon?
>>
>>283722872
How would they be able to see the patriarchy coming if their vision was obstructed?
>>
File: le smugger penguin.jpg (14KB, 297x113px) Image search: [Google]
le smugger penguin.jpg
14KB, 297x113px
>>283732038
>He's going to reply to this seriously
>>
i dont give a fuck if its historically accurate... fuck sjws and fuck you for allowing this shit
>>
>>283732079
But what if my soldiers/dogs get bored while waiting for the enemy to approach? They have easy access that way and a few more people to fight alongside.
>>
>>283731943
>>283732184
Here's your attention you wanted so badly anon, you don't have to reply to yourself
>>
>/v/ loses its mind when feminists bitch about unrealistic portrayals of women
>/v/ starts bitching about unrealistic portrayals of women

You faggots are pathetic. Stop with this SJW witch hunt already and just try and enjoy your fucking hobby.
>>
>>283732342
They walk back to the rear of the army where the women are.
>>
>>283722476

Are there actual females in the Hun armies?
>>
>>283723451
Post the strawpoll link, if you're so great.
>>
>>283722476
Actually, ancient and medieval armies did have women in them.
They took care of the camp while the men were away and tended to the wounded.
Also, lots of prostitutes would tend to follow the armies around.
History is fun, kiddies.
>>
>>283732432
Do you know what is more annoying than sjw? not-sjw
>>
>>283732208
I'm pretty sure if it did happen it would be an extremely rare occurrence, and not like this game where a good percentage of the army is women.

Give a few examples of women fighting in the period this game takes place in.Records, paintings, anything
>>
>>283732432
>Not realizing the difference between a game meant to be realistic and a game that's not
Why did, I enter this thread, why am I still here, there's bait everywhere
>>
>>283732589
Those are camp followers.
And as far as ive played the women are only in shitty levies.
>>
File: 1423140588089.jpg (14KB, 195x195px) Image search: [Google]
1423140588089.jpg
14KB, 195x195px
>>283732618
>2015
>still not an SJW

Even most of /v/ is in on it at this point. How edgy and stupid can you be?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
Fucking DISGUSTING DIRTY SJWS went and RUINED Rome Total War 1. Dropped forever.

You guys are fucking ridiculous. If you're going to bitch about SJWs not giving a shit about videogames and just shoving their political agenda everywhere, follow your own advice.
>>
>>283732821
It's 2016
>>
>>283731758
"With the Viking Forefathers at their command, players can marshal the forces of The Geats, The Jutes and The Danes as they launch southwards from their icy homelands on campaigns of looting, raiding and conquest."

"Unique Cultural traits
All Norse factions share the Viking Raiders trait, making them expert profiteers from raiding, looting and sacking. "

"The Danes: Seaborn
Immune to both high-seas attrition and seasickness, The Danes are able to weather the worst maritime conditions and make full use of their land units in naval conflict. "

They are literal 8th/9th century Vikings. In the 400's.
>>
>>283732937
>implying it was ok when that happened
>>
>>283722476
Personally they should've had them in their own seperate unit, to give you the option like in Shogun 2 and Rome 2's Daughter's of Mars DLC. The Grand Campaigns are just a big sandbox of alternate history, so it's fair enough that you might take the mantle of a ruler who decides he wants to raise a Legion comprised entirely of crazy bitches.
>>
>>283729902
If you mean weapons buried in female graves or something, that's not really evidence. Speculative at best, like all interpretations of grave goods. Vikings had a strong gender separation between public and domestic spheres, like all European cultures at that period. Raiding and soldiering were men's jobs.
>>
>>283732589
Yeah, but when it came to combat how many women were there in the army? 1 super dyke?
>>
>>283733034
If you're not more upset about this than some random models being idiots running around without helmets I just don't know what to say.
>>
File: 1316446894910.png (63KB, 944x679px) Image search: [Google]
1316446894910.png
63KB, 944x679px
Women could rise to officer ranks in the Sassanid army.
>>
>>283722476
The most important thing is that this game, like Rome II, is a pile of shit.
>>
>>283732589
A lot of tribal societies of Europe were notable for how much women ran things.

Ancient Ireland was particularly notable for the fact that women owned everything, controlled education, and were generally the ones that ran society.
>>
>>283722476

Did someone actually waste their time combing through that picture to find all the women? Holy fuck GGers are pathetic.

"History revisionism" you act like these aren't just games and its super serious or something. Just don't buy their games instead of bitching about some feminist conspiracy (its called culture by the way)
>>
>>283733273
Ha ha
>>
>>283722476
You're a fucking twat, back in the day women commonly fought along side men hell even later ever hear about Joan of fucking Arc or fucking Boudica?

Also what faction is that in your pic?
>>
>>283733034
god fucking damn it just add the fucking cimbri you sluts
>>
>>283723451
That's a loaded ass poll. A poll question is supposed to be perfectly impartial to all parties, that one is pretty much saying "PICK THIS OR YOU'RE A FUCKING LOSER XD"
>>
>>283733324
GG doesn't have anything to do with that. The picture was probably made by some history sperg from TW forums.
>>
>>283728535
>mount and blade is a shit game because i have to download mods to play as a japanese shogun or sith lord
This is you.
>>
>>283732767
>>283732589
>>283733151

Yeah. As far as I know very few if any fought. Ancient and medieval societies were pretty restrictive for women. I've heard of the rare clan or group here and there where the women would fight with the men (the Scythians maybe?), but those were not the norm.
>>
>>283733295
Because they were the most likely to be around to administrate such things, and they had thralls to help them.

Free men were still lawmakers, laborers and warriors. This was a thousand years ago, modern morals and ways of thinking don't really apply. They weren't "oppressed", nor were they "liberated"; they were simply women, and men were simply men, living according to how they thought things worked best.
>>
>>283733498
Base game of Mountain Blade is really good though.
>>
>>283733034

All three of those peoples existed by the late 5th century. Jutes were one of the big settling peoples in Britain in that period
Geats were mentioned in the 2nd century, and did some raiding in Frisia in the 500s.

Dunno about the Danes, and I know it isn't a strong historical source, but I'm pretty sure Beowulf is set around the late 5th century and mentions all three of those peoples.
>>
File: 1421499876841.png (109KB, 358x358px) Image search: [Google]
1421499876841.png
109KB, 358x358px
>>283733418
>>283733324
>>283732589
looks like somebody linked the thread somewhere
>>
Women in defensive positions or in special units might make sense. As footsoldiers, it's fucking ridiculous.

Also, the history of shieldmaidens or there being large bone evidence is false:

http://www.missedinhistory.com/blog/raining-on-your-parade-about-those-women-viking-warriors/

It literally is SJW revisionism.
>>
File: 44444444444.jpg (11KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
44444444444.jpg
11KB, 184x184px
>>283733707
QUICK, BURN THE THREAD
>>
>>283732141
>in an environment that encourages looking at facts
>humanity sciences
>facts

You either don't what is a fact or you don't know how humanity sciences works.
>>
>>283733707
It's so fucking obvious that the first and second post is the same person, too
>>
>>283733618
Also don't forget the side effects of a generally promiscuous society, which are really interesting in many ways.

Matrilineal lines of inheritance and all that, since there's no telling for sure 100% who the father was, and the most important biological relationships are mother (obviously) and uncle (closest male who can say he's 100% sure he's blood related to you).

Also we tend to be a bit rosey about it, but a lot of tribal societies were brutal to men -- when we live according to our baser nature we tend to go eugenics mode. if a new leader took over in the tribe, and he didn't like your family, all the men in the family were either killed or exiled to become brigands.
Thread posts: 152
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.