[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is possible to enjoy some old classics nowadays, /v/? Have you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: Ocarina of Time.png (1MB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Ocarina of Time.png
1MB, 1280x960px
Is possible to enjoy some old classics nowadays, /v/? Have you ever played an old game for the first time and loved it?

Pic very related. I have never played a Zelda game besides ALTTP, and i'm curious to know if OoT is a really good game or just a normal game overrated by people who played it when young. Something i should know before try it for the first time?
>>
It's okay, it really is overrated since it is the first 3D zelda, but it isn't necessarily bad.
Majora's mask was plain bad.
>>
I got it on 3DS and got bored right around the Well temple, haven't felt the need to touch it since.
>>
>>274887159
OP i think thats a game you need to try yourself.
most everybody here already played it so much they are kinda sick of it.

I beat it so much i havent bothered to even finish the first dungeon in the 3ds version
>>
>>274887337
>Plain bad
if you looked for cocks to suck, obviusly
>>
I played the original Metroid long after I'd played the newer games in the series and still loved it. I thought the winding maze of identical looking rooms hiding rare treasures was cool. The boss battles were also challenging in a good way—they required you to think, to form a strategy and go in prepared.

Only thing I found annoying was the necessity to farm for health, an excruciatingly slow process.
>>
Everyone in this thread is replying to a guaranteed shit storm of dumb fucks with dumb fucking opinions. You've read this and are still here. You're the dumbest mother fucker of them all.

Also TP > All
>>
OoT is a good game, OP. Just try it.

It helps to understand that it was made with inferior technology and much of what you see was pioneered by the team that made it. You could also think of it as being made my a small team of amateurs today.
>>
I play old games all the time and love them.
Discovered Shatterhand on the NES a year or two ago and it's magnificent.
>>
>>274887159
>Never had a N64
>Just played Ocarina of time a few weeks ago
>Only problem was having to change between boots on the water temple
I don't see why not, unless the game is a FPS or really fucking old.
>>
File: mfw.gif (2MB, 450x371px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.gif
2MB, 450x371px
>>274888901
>>
Highly overrated. It's a solid game though so you shouldn't have any problem playing it now although the control scheme is shit but with that controller what did you expect?
>>
I just built my first gaming pc two months ago and have been playing a lot old classics for the first time. Most of them are still very fun imo.
>>
File: 1415460516661.gif (1000KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1415460516661.gif
1000KB, 480x270px
>>274887337
u forgot the IMO my friend
>>
File: 1338929031307.jpg (11KB, 197x160px) Image search: [Google]
1338929031307.jpg
11KB, 197x160px
>>274887159
Metroid 2
literally the last game in the Metroid Series I played. First time ever touching it was maybe a year and a half ago. It was pretty amazing.

I was on a gameboy kick at the time and emulated some Shantae as well. Now THAT was really impressive. the spritework for a GBC era game. Show me another game with better spritework from that era. Protip: You can't

But then again, I'm a fucking /vr/ fag who goes out of his way to play older games on their original hardware. I'm fucking replaying Donkey Kong Land and Wario Land on my GBA as we speak
>>
>>274887159
played MGS1 for the first time this year and it was incredible. you get completely used to the low textures after like 3 minutes, dont be a fag
>>
>>274887159
>Have you ever played an old game for the first time and loved it?

Earthbound
Terranigma
All old Ys games
Vagrant Story
Ninja Gaiden 1-3

I can probably save time if I just say "yes".
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.