[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Pokemon is killing Nintendo >This toxic triumph was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

>Pokemon is killing Nintendo

>This toxic triumph was precisely what Nintendo did not need. The company requires shock therapy to force its hidebound executives to abandon their preposterous opposition to launching Nintendo’s beloved franchises on iPad. Instead, the ancient Nintendo properties from its ’80s and ’90s halcyon days keep performing well enough to enable the company to keep its head in the sand. Nintendo is not crashing fast enough. The core device franchise, the 3DS, has now sold nearly 2.4 million units in Japan so far this year, which is substantially below the 4 million units it sold in the same period last year. But the erosion is simply too slow to force the company to change its mind about getting into the mobile app market.

http://news.yahoo.com/pokemon-killing-nintendo-203038043.html

HURR Nintendo is making too much money,
>>
tl;dr
pokemon is dead to me ever since they introduce digivolving
>>
>Nintendo is making money

NINTENDO IS DOOMED!!!!!
>>
>>273504827
You talking shit about Digimon, fucker?
>>
>>273504921
Nigga, I distinguish Digimon like sliced bread.
And I fucking love sliced bread.
>>
File: 1400471217830.png (49KB, 156x156px) Image search: [Google]
1400471217830.png
49KB, 156x156px
Viridi is perfect.
>>
there is alredy a thread about it

fuck of shill
>>
>>273504827
>Make it so shit pokemon aren't shit
>bad thing
>>
>>273504827
>Digimon invented super forms
fuck off
>>
>>273505080
>making already good pokemon rediculously strong
>this is a good thing
>>
Do I get it right?
>nintendo is dead because pokemon sells well
>>
>>273505080
fuck off
i bet you came all over your baby sister when you saw your shitty beedrill getting a mega form
>>
>>273505236
Yes.
>>
File: 61MOoCTRofL._SX522_.jpg (29KB, 522x480px) Image search: [Google]
61MOoCTRofL._SX522_.jpg
29KB, 522x480px
So it's agreed that Mega Garchomp is the best mega?
>>
>>273505238
But I don't even like beedrill.
>>
>>273505160
Fair enough
A lot of the mega evolutions look like shit honestly
>>
You need to work on your reading comprehension. Nintendo is slowly dying, but the cash from Pokémon is enough to keep it afloat even though most of its projects lose money. Since it is sinking so slowly it is not willing to radically change its approach. If things keep up as they are Nintendo as we know it will eventually crumble because phone games are crushing it in Japan.
>>
File: 1384829886116.gif (1MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1384829886116.gif
1MB, 400x400px
>>273505446
>Nintendo is slowly dying
>Reporting profits

What sort of ass backwards universe are you from?
>>
>>273505446
Good work summarizing his stupid thesis. You're so smart anon.
>>
>>273504781
>What could possibly be more delicious than Advance Wars for iPad? An insanely addictive, turn-based strategy game that begs for a connected, touchscreen-based device with a micro-payment system

this is the worst part
>>
>>273505584
It only ever reports profits when it releases another installment of its flagship titles. The majority of its projects are losing money and it is quickly losing marketshare to phone games in Japan. This is not a sustainable model.

Nintendo may get driven out of the hardware market if this keeps up. They will probably survive as a software company, but that's a huge fall from grace.
>>
>>273505446
Are you the author of this article?
>>
>>273505584
wishful thinking. if they say it enough times then it's true! nintendo is a financial fiasco!
>>
Every time someone says 'Nintendo should put their games on phones!' I assume that person doesn't know what they're talking about.

And I'm often right.
>>
>>273505729
>video game company
>only reports profits when they sell video games
I think you are onto something. You should investigate this issue further.
>>
>>273505658
If this is a stupid thesis which has no basis in reality, why are most of Nintendo's investors and board members up in an uproar for the last year and a half?

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/220256/Nintendo_finds_itself_under_fire_from_furious_shareholders.php
>>
>>273505825
If a company reports losses when it releases 90% of its products and only reports profits when it releases the last 10% then yes, that's a huge problem.
>>
>>273506021
Actually, nintendo only posted "losses" twice.
Both times being when they sunk a LOT of money into new projects. It's called investments.
>>
>>273505885
>under fire
>still not even close to an dangerous approval rate
I think you should read factual news by real journalists, instead of "video game journalism" by guys who dont even know anything about video games let alone how business works.
>>
>>273506173
>Gamasutra
>THE industry side where major developers post regularly
>Run by the same company which runs the Game Developer Conference
>Not the most credible source on the subject
Look I know you are mad they called you a neckbeard but that does not affects the quality of the site.
>>
Some of the megas are just fucking ugly.
Also Mega Houndoom is useless.
>>
>>273506021
Nintendo only made a loss only 2 years in its whole video game history.
Do you say they released 90% of their game in that time?

No.
As a fact the time when they reported a loss they didnt release many games at all, which is the reason why they didnt make money in the first place.

Short, you are fucking retarded and dont know what you are even talking about.
>>
>>273505446
So, like everything else from Japan?
>>
>>273505802
Its hard to not be right. Everyone demands mobile because its popular right now.
But if you look at the most popular games, its all match three or TCG shit with microtransactions.
Which means the complaining is just "NO! I NEED EVEN MORE MONEY! FASTER! CATER TO ME WITH MORE!"

Shareholders are a sin against nature. Never pay attention to them.
>>
>>273506613
When developers stop paying attention to shareholders you get Double Fine.
>>
>>273504781
you are fucking insane

no one wants real games to be on god damn mobile phones
>>
>>273506303
And because they host a conference they suddenly are Wall Street Journal or Finacial Times and have years of experience with economics, learned how to analize and predict markets and know how business works or even know how to do proper factual journalism?
No, they are still a bunch of guys that were to stupid to even study journalism.

And the fact that they have deep ties with the industry just show that their news reports are as valueable as the articles in The Sun.
>>
File: 1240089563733.jpg (10KB, 292x215px) Image search: [Google]
1240089563733.jpg
10KB, 292x215px
>>273505446
3DS is what makes them money, putting their games on mobile would destroy the 3DS, why on earth would they do that? If the gameboys stop selling, they can always switch to mobile and live off that.. there is no sinking ship.
>>
>>273506696
Shareholders want fast money, so they can sell their shares for profit. A company wants slow money that keeps going, which you gain through consistent quality.
>>
File: 1384150555741.jpg (67KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1384150555741.jpg
67KB, 480x640px
>>273504781
>force the company to change its mind about getting into the mobile app market
What the fuck is it with these faggots and their mobile app fetishes? Seriously. Go play your shitty Zynga ripoff games and leave some decent stuff for people who will appreciate it. I'd rather see the franchises Nintendo holds dead than see them come out as mobile phone game trash.
>>
>>273507689
They can only think about short-term profit
>>
>>273505885

You do realise that Nintendo's shareholders are stupid enough to ask fucking idiotic questions like "why do we always talk about video games at these meetings!?", right?

Shareholders don't know shit about games, all they care about is getting a return on their investment. They see iOS is all about Big Money and Nintendo right now is Not Very Big Money and they throw a shitfit because they think Nintendo can't connect the dots.
>>
The real problem with mobile gaming is that while there is a market for it, it's smaller than the other markets, and it's shared between fewer actors.

Compounding this, there has been a consistent race-to-the-bottom in terms of app-prices to the point where the only apps people are willing to buy are FTP shit with microtransactions and in-app advertisements.

I don't want to buy 500 mariocoins to proceed to the next level, *or* just play the level until you get 500. With touch-screen controls to boot. If the N-Gage had made it big, maybe phone gaming wouldn't be so shit.
>>
>>273507689
FE:A for iPad would actually be a really good idea.
>>
>>273511053
A shitty casual game for a machine of shitty casual games. Sounds fitting.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.