[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

subtle things you would do as a developer to fuck with your audience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 542
Thread images: 85

File: because.jpg (28KB, 300x500px) Image search: [Google]
because.jpg
28KB, 300x500px
>Every time you enter the options menu, the subtitles option is in a different place
>make npcs laugh at you if you choose a low difficulty mode
>make a reward of a super long, hard dungeon a generic item that you could buy from a merchant for next to nothing
>add an item that has a "special use" - in reality it does nothing
>make the best gear in the game look super unimpressive and lame
>give the best weapon in the game fart sound effects
>put a tense, high stakes choice in the game, then have one outcome for both choices
>>
File: 1394811053368.png (448KB, 496x708px) Image search: [Google]
1394811053368.png
448KB, 496x708px
>>269488890
you seem upset
>>
Randomly, when you pull out your next gun, your character holds it in his left hand.
>>
>make a reward of a super long, hard dungeon a generic item that you could buy from a merchant for next to nothing
>give the best weapon in the game fart sound effects
>put a tense, high stakes choice in the game, then have one outcome for both choices

That's not even fucking with people. That's just boring.
>>
>>269488890
have you ever made a game?
>>
File: 1351675336436.png (169KB, 468x517px) Image search: [Google]
1351675336436.png
169KB, 468x517px
if you choose Easy difficulty at the beginning, the final boss at the end won't appear, and you'll be forced to wander around the overworld doing jack shit, or restart your file on Normal or Hard

also, have a deep and complex korean mmo-tier character creation maker, just to have your character die in the first few missions
>>
File: Jesus I'm SPQR.jpg (63KB, 536x401px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus I'm SPQR.jpg
63KB, 536x401px
if the game is on steam or anything else with a chat program you will get fake messages from people on your friend list

if you pirated the game, in the end credits it will say "no thanks to you" instead of "special thanks: you"
>>
>>269488140

fuck you dark souls
>>
File: cloneconceptart.jpg (49KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
cloneconceptart.jpg
49KB, 640x480px
Put this into the game. It will likely set off autism both on people who like it, and hate it.
>>
>>269489698
>if you pirated the game, in the end credits it will say "no thanks to you" instead of "special thanks: you"
ha
>>

I hope this also means that they laugh at you and still have the same difficulty if not a harder difficulty, sort of a way of saying 'fuck you for thinking you can take the easy way out'
>>
>choosing easy or medium will still set the game to hard
>>
>Include luck stat
>Luck has zero statistical effect on anything
>Just a stat that wastes your points and gimps your character
>NPCs make references to you looking puny and weak
>If you max luck you get a chance to save your waifu from dying due to PLOT
>>
>>269491104
she dies in a cutscene post-credits
>>
>make a simple platformer
>include NPCs and stuff for optional lore
>include inaccessible stuff in the code that adds shit tons of deep lore
>deny any of its credibility and say none of it's canon

>make sequel
>include even more inaccessible lore data
>it all directly contradicts the stuff in the first game's data
>deny credibility for this too
>>
>>269488140
>Have achievement for collecting every item in the game
>Only unlocks in New Game+
>Fairly limited inventory space
>Starting weapon you're only given in your first playthrough that's obsolete within 10 minutes and has a boring skin, is unique
>>
Include a huge amount of choices in the game. None of them do anything.
Have a bunch of alternate endings that can only be accessed by luck. Have them be extremely unlikely. Like one in five thousand.
>>
>>269489584
>choosing Easy mode shows a message making fun of you and returns you to the main menu
>>
>>269491536
This can only be avoided by showing up to the final battle with no potions or other consumable items stockpiled in your inventory
>>
Make the ultimate weapon almost impossible to get if you open three random chests
>>
>>269488140
Enemies become the slightest franction harder every time you the player saves
>>
>>269488140
>Secret Achievements/Trophies that are just unattainable. You'll never know what the secret is nor get the achievement.
>>
>2d fighting game
>every combo's inputs are switched every time it's used
>>
ITT, nobody on /v/ knows what subtle means
>>
>>269491817
>Have a bunch of alternate endings that can only be accessed by luck. Have them be extremely unlikely. Like one in five thousand.

I would actually love something like this. Make choices matter, but still include a slight chance that you'll get fucked over anyway.
>>
>>269492148
How about
>Trophy for not viewing trophies list until after you've beaten the game
>>
>>269488140
The original Wind Waker did this. Part of the reason why that game sucks.
>>
>Volume slider has a decimal point
>It skips numbers on purpose
>>
>advertise your game as a roleplaying game, but actually make it godawful weeb shit
>>
>>269492681
>Advertise game as weeb pandering
>Game is actually CoD: Weeaboo Moeblob edition
>Pandering scenes in trailer happen during single-player campaign end credits
>>
>Tripping
>>
>>269492552
I approve.

>Cutscene says "press O to skip"
>Any other button you press skips the cutscene
>autosaves after the cutscene making all skipped cutscenes unwatchable
>>
>>269492628
>uses whole numbers
>doesn't stop on even numbers or anything ending 0 or 5
>>
File: fuckyou.png (142KB, 343x343px) Image search: [Google]
fuckyou.png
142KB, 343x343px
>>269492013
>>
>>269492628
>slider is a logarithmic scale, completely unnumbered
>>
>Best ending only occurs when you fight the final boss below a certain level and delete all save files before the fight .
>>
>controls occasionally invert
>>
Make the loading bar animation faster than the actual loading process.
>Make the player's walk speed slower than the speed of NPCs and the opposite when running.
>Usage of wrong terminology in dialogues.
>Make any button cancel cutscenes.
>Using menus doesn't pause the game.
>>
Fatigue
>>
>have an achievement for watching the entire ending credits without moving the mouse or pushing any buttons
>master volume makes your character yell instead of talking
>there is also a minion volume, which makes your stupid dog bark during dialogues
>>
>>269493512
Actually, that's kinda cool.
>>
File: DELETE_THIS.png (15KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
DELETE_THIS.png
15KB, 640x480px
Don't do this. Just stop fucking doing this.
>>
>Make the loading bar animation faster than the actual loading process.
>Make the player's walk speed slower than the speed of NPCs and the opposite when running.
>Usage of wrong terminology in dialogues.
>Make any button cancel cutscenes.
>Using menus doesn't pause the game.
>>
File: 2037[1].png (7KB, 80x90px) Image search: [Google]
2037[1].png
7KB, 80x90px
>>
File: 1408250247652.jpg (17KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1408250247652.jpg
17KB, 225x225px
>make an rpg
>hide items in scenery that you need to press A to find
>items are extremely useful
>only in the beginning area, nothing beyond that
>>
>>269488140
I see a lot of these threads involving piracy fighting, so here's my idea for a FPS:
>Randomly drop your gun, have to fumble around on the ground for it
>Random chance of magazine not seating and falling out with a distinctive thud as it hits the floor
>Grenade randomly replaced with cinder block, with appropriate shorter throw range
>Magazines will refuse to seat during final boss fight, will have to use a single shot bolt action .22 to fight final boss
>>
RPG with a ton of side quests

>no quest log
>>
File: 1375811946020.gif (2MB, 557x377px) Image search: [Google]
1375811946020.gif
2MB, 557x377px
>horror game
>at the beginning, ask the player what their "happy place" is, like a meadow or an ocean
>pausing the game brings up the "happy place" that the player selected
>if the player tries to go into their "happy place" when there's a really tense atmosphere, it'll look off or slightly different
>pausing during a scary moment will show a twisted mockery of the happy place
>>
In an action platformer, every 100th press of the jump button does nothing.
>>
>>269489584
>also, have a deep and complex korean mmo-tier character creation maker, just to have your character die in the first few missions

That's just fucking evil dude. What's wrong with you.
>>
>>269488140
>subtle things you would do as a developer to fuck with your audience

Contact the NSA and give the free rein.
>>
>>269494475
I guess it'd be immersive if you had to write down things yourself
>>
File: d.png (119KB, 213x465px) Image search: [Google]
d.png
119KB, 213x465px
>>269494517
This is evil, but I love it.
>>
File: available.jpg (57KB, 960x715px) Image search: [Google]
available.jpg
57KB, 960x715px
>>269494529
Too easy to notice, it could be a random interval between 50-100, and wouldn't happen if the character just jumps around to test it. Also, the player's hit-box randomly increases in size vertically for one second occasionally.
>>

so you are bethesda?
>>
>>269488140
>>put a tense, high stakes choice in the game, then have one outcome for both choices

didn't know bioware employees posted here
>>
>>269488140

Deus Ex said hi.
>>
>>269488140
>Have the main character go on a bunch of quests to do certain things to create something to save the world
>Turns out at around the half way point of the game the person giving the quests is actually evil and you helped him create something to destroy the world
>During the confrontation the main character dies and you take control of the main villain
>Turns out the villain's plan is only roughly to destroy the world, it's to actually save the world in some backwards way and destroy an ancient evil god
>Turns out the ancient evil god isn't an ancient evil god at all, it's someone pretending to be an ancient evil god for a big huge prank
>Turns out the actual ancient evil god was the first main character you played as
>But it's too late, the machine has already turned on!
>But it doesn't work...it turns out that there were extra pieces you needed to collect
>They were found in optional side quests that you could only find by reading about in the instruction manual
>The instruction manual is just pictures of my face increasing in zoom per page
>>
File: 1404274211470.png (209KB, 369x400px) Image search: [Google]
1404274211470.png
209KB, 369x400px
>>269494517
This is actually a stellar fucking idea.

10/10
>>
I'd develop a game that didn't have any sort of climbing or mantling, except for ladders and stairs. Think Dark Souls, where any jumping is either downward or across short gaps, but you can't actually climb anything except ladders.

Then as an anti-piracy measure, I'd put a knee-high wall in the second level that blocks all progress. I'd put a knee-high wall in every level afterward, too, in case they glitch past it.
>>
>>269494241
people will be running into walls and spamming A the whole game. makes me wonder how mnay of the hidden items they found in twich plays pokemon by mistake
>>
>>269494517
Fund this
>>
>Endboss will steal your healing potions if you stockpiled them
>>
Modes are:
Easy
Normal
Hard.
Make easy mode actually Hardcore mode
>>
>yes/no options in the menus
>it's unclear which one is highlighted
>holding a direction will cycle through yes and no
>>
>>269495592
Make the boss specifically target your best and most expensive healing items first, like the elixirs and megalixirs.
>>
>>269495520
>people will be running into walls and spamming A the whole game
I already do.
>>

Dark Souls' Pendant says hi

Wooden Sword becoming the Unlabored Flawlessness from Ninja Gaiden Black
>>
No matter what difficulty you choose, you get the "normal" difficulty. The game does not tell you this.

People would probably figure it out soon enough, but it'd be hilarious to see people on forums calling each other shitters for playing on easier difficulty modes or talking about how much harder/easier the game is on different difficulties.
>>
>>269495632
>have a regular options menu
>At the end, just one blank option that is simply "yes/no"
>Have it not do anything
>Make people argue and go crazy over a silly little button for a short while before people look through the code to find it's use
>>
>>269489584
>have a deep and complex korean mmo-tier character creation maker, just to have your character die in the first few missions

That would be amazing. Your created character gets killed off post-tutorial and the actual games protagonist comes in to play
>>
>>269494517
>Spooky monster chasing you
>pause
>it still moves
>>
>>269488140
>>put a tense, high stakes choice in the game, then have one outcome for both choices

lel

i feel like this has been done at least 50 times
>>
>>269495592
>>269495662
>sell everything you own except your weapons before doing the endboss
>his power is based on how much money you have
>>
>the luck stat is the best stat of all to increase
>>
>rpg
>take start time
>every 6 hours you're either playing or not playing your character becomes one year older.
>>
File: 200px-Fenrir_KHII.png (21KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Fenrir_KHII.png
21KB, 200x200px
Add a superboss that drops the best weapon in the game, despite it not being needed because you already beat the superboss.
>>
>>269495979
people with a job/who plays more than one game at a time here

fuck you
>>
>>269496148
>Fenrir
>The best weapon
You never got the Ultima Weapon did you
>>
>>269496148
final mix fixes that.
>>
>>269495942

But everyone actually wants that.
>>
Every time you play for more than 3 hours, a yellow smear on your character's pants becomes more and more opaque.
>>
>>269496148
>keyblade looks like a modern key

fucking retarded
>>
>>269496225
I never used offensive magic so the ultima was better for me.

Besides I love the negative combo ability. Don't know why it's considered a con. It lets you finish combos super quick.
>>
>Game ending is based on the amount of times you save the game
>>
File: 1412059517323.jpg (472KB, 1022x874px) Image search: [Google]
1412059517323.jpg
472KB, 1022x874px
>>269488140
>Create an rpg that actually shows your equipment on your character.
>Design the game to strategically place armor/weapon around the same power level to never match aesthetically.
>Enter a dungeon, find green gauntlets in a chest and a pink helmet later on, the boss gives you a blue sword in a yellow sheath.
>Go into town, the merchant is only selling purple pants and black helmet.
>>
File: Ahahahaha.jpg (13KB, 261x173px) Image search: [Google]
Ahahahaha.jpg
13KB, 261x173px
>If you make a female character and try to upskirt you'll just find a large stop sign under their dress.
>Give you an achievement for dying 10 or more times on any given boss
>Add in a generic, bad weapon late game, like a tree branch or something. When it crits it does the most damage out of any weapon in the game.
>If you pirate the game your weapon will always be a cutlass, which does a whopping 1 damage, 2 if it crits, and you get an eyepatch
>NPCs will yell ARRRG when you walk by if you pirate the game.
>During the credits you get a top-down view of your character, and you can attack the credits. If you destroy all the credits you get a special "accessory" which boosts all your stats by x5.
>After saving x amount of times, whenever you save after that a party member will call you a cautious bastard.
>Have your idle animations do something random or cool, like, you'll pull out a cigarette and you'll lose a very miniscule fraction of health, or a bottle of alcohol and your controls invert for a few seconds.
>Have a boss halfway during the game, after you beat it credits play. During the credits about halfway through the credits practically explode and reveal the real villain.
>Have 4 difficulties, Weak, Easy, Medium, Hard. If you pick Weak, you start off with 1 million gold, one of the best weapons in the game, amazing armor, and a godly companion, but you gain almost no EXP. Once you reach the first boss you lose all this equipment and have to face it at like, level 3.
>>
File: 1413762469789.jpg (159KB, 933x553px) Image search: [Google]
1413762469789.jpg
159KB, 933x553px
>RPG
>make the best healing items available in your hometown where the game starts
>they're all too expensive for you to buy
>the town gets destroyed in the first hour
>>
>>269495808
there's a comment with the code to the button that explains exactly this, that it is here just to rile people up, and to ask whoever found the comment not to say anything about it, or lie and says it does do someething else.
>>
>rpg
>female character can only carry 50% of what males can carry

hehe
>>
>>269492429
How about a giant monster who kills you at the end of the game, or do you think that is too subtle?
>>
>>269496581

>the game is about gathering the 3 X of Y.
>they sell for an obscene amount of gold in the very first town
>nobody actually knows what they are, only you
>you can't buy 'em because it's impossible to get that much money
>town is razed later
>>
>>269496697
>female character
>>
>>269496445
Fuck. I'm a compulsive game saver. I don't even abuse it, but I need to save after every two steps I take. If there's an absolutely worse ending that only gets rewarded to people with a ridiculous number of saves, then I'd get it.
>>
>>269496432
because you're missing out on a ton of damage you could get from the combo boost ability
>>
>make a lake with a whale boss battle later on
>if you shoot into the lake the whale surfaces and eats you
>>
File: PhotoFunia-d5c06b8.jpg (94KB, 700x493px) Image search: [Google]
PhotoFunia-d5c06b8.jpg
94KB, 700x493px
>spread out some cool looking guns with mega stats
>you wont find ammunition for them for the entire game

or

>access webcam if possible
>when you look at mirrors you see the webcam video

What do you think?
>>
>>269496432
"I love doing less damage!"
>>
In order to save your waifu you have to kill all of your friends.
>>
File: 1409142622362.jpg (24KB, 360x335px) Image search: [Google]
1409142622362.jpg
24KB, 360x335px
>there's a setting in the options menu next to subtitles and fullscreen called "warp drive"
>it does absolutely nothing
>>
You can save in realtime anytime you want.

Each time you do, your companion gets more and more talkative.
>>
>>269496959
second one would be cool
>>
>place subtle clues throughout the game that the main character is a rape victim
>clues in dialogue, choice of words, mannerisms, reactions to people and situations
>when the game comes out and people pick up on it, vehemently deny it in interviews and say that people are looking for controversy where there is none
hhhehehehe
>>
If the game detects that it's been pirated, it will play completely normally for the first ten or so hours (enough time to give the player a reasonable idea of whether they want to buy the game or not.) After that, instead of the normal plot twist of the official version, the pirated game shifts into a short, incredibly silly parody of the main game's story. It ends with a request to support the official release.
The sequence is also acessable during NG+ or through a cheat code.
>>
I just do what Ubisoft is doing, I add in an 8 hour-long unskippable credits sequence for all the 8976.68 developers who worked in the game.
>>
>>269497021
Bros before hos, nigga.
>>
>>269497021
Just like in real life...
>>
>>269496846
I feel ya, I don't even want to imagine how much I inflate the playtime with that behavior.
>>
File: 1402931243246.jpg (23KB, 638x610px) Image search: [Google]
1402931243246.jpg
23KB, 638x610px
>>269497180
>one of the developers is missing a third of his body
>>
>fast paced fps
>every time you reload you lose the bullets that were still loaded
>>
>>269497067
>Can save at any time, but it consumes a save consumable.
>Have them in very limited supply, remind the player how limited the supply is and how they should be careful not to use them so eagerly.
>2/3rds through the game have the main character get captured and lose all of his items, including all but 1 of his save item.
>You get all of your equipment back, but none of your items, including the save consumable.

Fuck it lets go the extra mile and make all items scarce.
>>
>>269497535

>if you run too fast into a wall you lose HP, but the screen doesnt flash red to show you
>>
>>269493675
>To pause the game, you have to open the main menu, access several sub-menus and select the "pause" option. The "un-pause" option is in a different sub-menu.
>>
>>269497583

sub·tle
adj. sub·tler, sub·tlest
a. So slight as to be difficult to detect or describe; elusive: a subtle smile.
b. Difficult to understand; abstruse: an argument whose subtle point was lost on her opponent.
2. Able to make fine distinctions: a subtle mind.
a. Characterized by skill or ingenuity; clever.
b. Crafty or sly; devious.
c. Operating in a hidden, usually injurious way; insidious: a subtle poison.
>>
>>269497162
i think these "if pirated" ideas are cool, but i never really understand how they would work. wouldn't the company fake like they were skidrow or something and release it under their name, with the real skidrow realizing how fake it is and making a real pirated version of the full game?
>>
>>269496925
What is RE4?
>>
>>269497765
Well, old consoles at least usually had some kind of chip that could verify if a cartridge was legit, and if not it could make different shit happen. Like bootleg copies of Earthbound had 3x the enemy spawn rate and crashed the game and deleted all saves if you somehow made it to the final boss like that.
>>
>>269497712
Almost responded that what I wrote is anything but subtle. That would've been silly.
Didn't read subject of thread, just assumed.

I take nothing back though since up-until the reveal it's pretty subtle.
>>
>>269497359
finna blow up like land mines
>>
>>269488140
Is that Maddox?

looks like him
>>
>slow doom style retro shooter locked at 12 fps and a tiny resolution
>you have a pistol with ten bullets
>you are in an abandoned house or unpleasant environment
>finally the monster appears
>the monster's sprites are HD and run at a spastic 60 fps
>>
File: 1393273108631.gif (535KB, 240x176px) Image search: [Google]
1393273108631.gif
535KB, 240x176px
>>269496569
>>If you make a female character and try to upskirt you'll just find a large stop sign under their dress.
>>
File: 1402068740112.gif (2MB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
1402068740112.gif
2MB, 400x200px
>>269488140
An item that only is usable on the final boss and is attained early game It's merely perceived as trash and is worth a few pieces, and characters often mention a "relic that the final boss himself fears". They send you off to a ton of dungeons toi find it, but nothing ever comes up because the final boss supposedly "destroyed" it, but in the end, it was that piece of trash you most likely sold off for free money. It's not necessary, but makes the final hella easier.
>>
>survival horror
>enemies can't be seen directly
>use mirrors and moving backwards to move around
>you carry one but it's really small
>there are some on the walls but can be broken
>if you pick a big piece of the broken mirrors you randomly get cut and your blood attracts the monsters
>>
This is proof that
>/v/
>subtle
>>
>>269495306
subtle
>>
>>269496569
Best list yet.
>>
File: 0.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>pause during boss fight
>after 3 seconds boss cuts/punches through your pause screen
>can't pause anymore
>get rekt
>instead of game over screen you get boss teabagging you and laughing at you for the next two minutes
>disable powering off/reseting console until two minutes have passed
>>
>>269497765
Games can check that the basic anti-piracy measures have been disabled. Usually games that detect that lock up early, so the crackers know their jobs aren't done and they have more code to disable/work around. But often games run fine after disabling the basic protection, and crackers only check the game for a few hours in an effort to be the first to release
>>
Have a single trophy/achievement.
Before you unlock it, its requirements are hidden.
After you unlock it, its description is equally criptic. Something like "You know what you did"

This trophy/achievement has a 1/1000 chance of unlocking when you do otherwise boring, random stuff in the game, like opening doors, or firing a new weapon, or talking to a random NPC.
When you boot up the game for the first time, there is a 1 in 10 chance that the trophy/achievement will NEVER unlock for you.
>>
>>269496709
literally lol'd at how fucking stupid this post was
>>
Easy, throw in a bunch of low-effort 'deepest lore' junk like inaccessible areas, objects and messages that look important/significant but don't have any purpose, cryptic game files etc. Of course none of it would mean a thing but people like conjecture.
>>
>>269497982
oh yeah, i remember that.
>>269498675
this also makes sense, neat.
>>
>>269498714
I like this. I like this a lot.
>>
did anybody ever find out what that fucking gem was in diablo II chat box/ game browser?
>>
>>269496432
>>269496880
>>269497012
The novelty purpose behind this keyblade's ability is when equipping the other "Negative Combo" abilities it's the only way to instantly use combo finishers.
>>
>>269493512
Please tell me a game has done this before.
>>
Put in an extremely useful item that acts as a GPS/bug for your enemy. As long as you have it, he/they will always be one step before ahead, and unless you get rid of it, you are slowly heading for a bad end. However nothing in the game warns you about this, or even implies the true function of the item.
>>
>>269488140

Ah yes, the Skyrim approach.
>>
>>269498714
> there is a 1 in 10 chance that the trophy/achievement will NEVER unlock for you.
No Anon
>>
>>269495839
Fuck I hate games where pausing does nothing. Ultimate terror, even when it's not a scary game. It's the sudden realization that I'm in it for the long haul.
>>
>>269496569
>Have the main boss introduced fairly early on
>About halfway through, after you defeat a random boss, you get the credits, final cutscene and all that fancy stuff, makes no mention of actual final boss. Game returns to main menu.
>You have to wait until next day irl to continue playing the final half of the game.
>Developer says "you can't beat this game in one day" when asked how long it is.
>>
>>269494081
>There are actually multiple loading bars
>Any time you go to load something, there will be a (Completely random) 2-11 loading bars that will fill first
>>
>>269498387
We can't all be comedians like you Dane Cook.
>>
>>269494517
Yeaaaah... i'm stealing this, thanks man.
>>
File: goof.jpg (58KB, 640x493px) Image search: [Google]
goof.jpg
58KB, 640x493px
>>269488140
>make the in-game events have element of urgency at some point
>actually limit the player's time without explicitly telling them about it with on-screen timer or such
>>
>>269499815
>there are multiple loading bars
>there are actually no load times whatsoever
>if you want to skip it you need to mash circle at certain BPM ala MGS torture scenes
>>
>Game has an RPG-like stats system (ATK, DEF, LUK, etc)

>Said stats do absolutely nothing
>>
File: baseball.jpg (28KB, 529x487px) Image search: [Google]
baseball.jpg
28KB, 529x487px
>>269492628
That's over the line.
>>
>>269499284
transmission recieved
>>
>>269499907
Minish Cap had this at last boss.
>>
>>269488890
Sakushit status:
[x] REKT
>>

But I like to wear unimpressive looking armor. Overly flashy armor bugs me.
>>
File: 1393645211665.gif (266KB, 262x261px) Image search: [Google]
1393645211665.gif
266KB, 262x261px
>have an upgrade path for weapons
>weakest weapon in the game ends up being the 2nd strongest through upgrades
>only one of that weapon is given to you
>>
>have a construction site in the game
>it's finished in the first DLC
>gets destroyed in the next one.
>it now spawns many low level mobs with no drops other than junk.
>>
>>269498652
>force the game to autosave during this
>if the game doesnt have an autosave with the teabagging timer at 2mins then the timer resets and you have to keep watching
>taking the power out corrupts the save
>achievement for starting the teabagging
>achievement for watching the whole thing
>boss now has homoerotic dialogue thats directed towards the player
>>
Kinect takes pictures/video of you at random times. You occasionally get texted some on your in-game cell phone. Towards the end, you find a room filled with the pictures with mysterious white stains all over them. This is never explained.
>>
>>269492013
This kind of shit is why I started to read guides before playing RPGs.
>>
>>269492013
Four actually if you were trying to mock Final Fantasy XII.
>>
>>269499728
I like you, Anon. When I said that, I was referencing Kid Icarus chapter, I believe 9 or 10.
>>
When you fire the killing a shot at a boss enemy, it does a slow motion shot of the bullet rushing up to them. The bullet is spinning in a different direction each time for no reason other than to annoy people.
>>
>NPCs rotate through their dialogue sets randomly
>if you want to exhaust their dialogue you have to keep talking to them until you think they've said everything they're going to say.

Or

>You only have to talk to NPCs a few times to exhaust all their dialogue
>Some secret items can only be obtained by continuing to talk to the same NPC a few times after it looks like they've already said everything.
>>
>subtitles that doesn't match the dialog
>subtitles that spoils certain events
>subtitles that stops working out of nowhere
>subtitles for actions, like grunting and crying
>>
File: Beyond_Two_Souls_final_cover.jpg (20KB, 297x334px) Image search: [Google]
Beyond_Two_Souls_final_cover.jpg
20KB, 297x334px
>>
Starting the game gives you 9 gamerscore. In order to get the last 1, you need to get S+ ratings on every mission on Extreme difficulty in one run with one life in under 12 hours on your first try during an equinox.
>>
>>269488140
#2, 4 and 5 have been done before. The rest is just asinine.
>>
>>269501941
>Horror game with optional subtitles
>If the subtitles are on, they gradually differ from the speech throughout the game
>Eventually they start to help the player
>'DON'T FUCKING TRUST HIM RUN RUN RUN RUN', 'LOOK BEHIND YOU' etc
>>
>make the subtitles about 5 words too slow
>make the screen slanted by about 4 degrees
>have it so the volume is always a little bit too quiet
>60 FOV
>have a view bob that you can't turn off
Just the little things for somebody to have a horrible experience.
>>
>>269501941
Subtitles for actions can be quite helpful.
Like in L4D you know exactly what special infected is spawned and when due to subtitles which you might not hear the sound effects for.
>>
>>269502027
>lego pirates of the carribean
>first mission gives you 12 gamerscore
>to get the one that equals it out you need to collect 888,888,888. (or was it billion) studs
>>
>>269502354
4 degrees is too obvious
I'd say just 1 or 2
>>
>>269488140
>I would fuck with my audience by making a shit game
Seems like all of the devs are already doin that
>>
>>269489698
>If the game is on steam you'll get disturbing fake messages from your friends.

>You'll get in game messages telling you not to trust said friends

>You'll get fake error messages that close out the game

>The game has an item sending mechanic
>You'll get fake presents from steam friends that harm or otherwise inconvenience you.
>>
File: 1407645693508.jpg (57KB, 791x794px) Image search: [Google]
1407645693508.jpg
57KB, 791x794px
If you die 100 times on one boss then on the 101st death he will shit on your chest and piss in your mouth. Maybe nobody will ever see it
>>
When the player has to select between "yes" or "no" for whatever reason, assign random colors to highlighted and non highlighted text, making impossible to know what are you selecting
>>
>>269503109
If that was a female boss, I'd purposely lose 100 times.
>>
>color puzzle specifically made to fuck with colorblind people
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 391x391px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 391x391px
>>269502315
Oh my god yes please.
>>
There's a 1/100000 chance of the game having an incredibly creepy "bug" at some part. The screen freezes, the text box turns to gibberish, and the image suddenly turns to a creepy face covered in darkness with weird murmuring as the background music before the game crashes.
>>
How about creepy shit you'd do to fuck with players?

>game on startup has a 0.001% chance of going to an alternate Title Screen telling the player to turn off the console right now
>>
In a horror game

>Low-poly MML1-like graphics
>Most enemies end up looking like polygonal montrosities
>Very mediocre draw distance
>Some enemies don't have animations, they just float towards you at varying speeds
>Some don't have sound effects
>The save room has completely dissonant, out of place music a la http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_BwNajcGJk
>>
>>269502315
Didn't PT do this?
>>
Your character wears a hat and this hat changes its color ever so slighty.
>>
this is not actually subtle but

I would like a horror game where if you are in a section where you're being chased, and you save the game or quit out or whatever

reloading the game puts the thing that's chasing you right in front of you.

and instead of killing you, when you run, it just laughs and gives you a reasonable amount of distance before pursuing again.

the chance for this would be small so as to be a genuine surprise, and if you read about it online, you might think it was a hoax until it actually did happen and freaked you the fuck out.
>>
>>269502315
'JUMP MOTHERFUCKER'
>>
>>269488140
>item based currency like PoE
>ring that gives 10000% more gold from kills
>>
> party members have a very small chance if having a heart attack or spontaneously combusting during battle
>>
>>269503634
Pretend artifacts.
>>
>>269503634
>Game normally has encounter music when an enemy is near, becomes familiar to the player
>.1% chance for this to suddenly play at a loud volume http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPC-h58No_8
>>
If you pirate the game, the Special Thanks: You screen is replaced with an ASCII drawing of someone giving you the middle finger. Then it opens up the steam page for buying the game in your browser.
>>
>character creation
>Male, Female, Other (with a drop down of various identifiers)
>if you choose "Other" the game never starts and this is permanent
>>
>PC horror game
>text files and images are placed in common directories
>text files talk about the spooky monster in the game
>the images are completely nonsensical except for 1
>>
File: Thank God for Stilt Man.jpg (333KB, 1090x1013px) Image search: [Google]
Thank God for Stilt Man.jpg
333KB, 1090x1013px
>>269493882
Oh god that'd be hilarious
>>
>>269503857
This would be brilliant. I love this so so much it makes me want to make a game just to put it in
>>
Every character of my video game would be randomly named.
So joe in one persons game is the shopkeeper and in another persons game Joe is the bad guy
>hey man how u kill joe?
>u can't kill npcs dumbass
>wtf man joe is the badguy
>no wolf is bad guy dumbass
>wtf wolf is the main character fucktard.

I would also have you 3 partners you would bond with until mid game they all disappear on a quest and are never mentioned again and don't appear in the credits.
>>
If you pirate the game, every character wears a pirate hat and has a moustache, and will be voiced by me in a terrible pirate voice, several important pieces of dialogue will be replaced by pirate jokes.

To err is human, to arr is pirate
>>
>Timer goes up indicating the arrival of an apocalypse event
>Player has no way to stop it, screen whites out when the timer hits 0:00
>Game resets
>Different opening and title screen
>>
>platformer
>There's a 1/8 chance of the jump button not responding
>>
File: 1413981943889.gif (1MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1413981943889.gif
1MB, 300x225px
When you switch weapons you have a .5 percent chance of misfiring your gun and shooting yourself in the foot.
>>
File: 1366948351801.jpg (56KB, 500x691px) Image search: [Google]
1366948351801.jpg
56KB, 500x691px
>get super amazing gear only if you don't skip any dialogue or cutscenes
>>
>guns can jam
>implement a hunger system but there is no food in the game
>getting headshots makes the camera/HUD go nuts like a 420nosc0pe video
>QTEs in cutscenes can range from pressing a button to quickscoping to a voice command to pausing the game and reassigning the controller to changing the game brightness
>character periodically has to take shits; 5-30min sequences where you sit on a toilet (or just squat down somewhere)
>>
>pirating the game changes all speech to ebonics
>unbearable hip hop plays nonstop
>>
>>269504521
Reminded me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ5AgAPJyAg
>>
>>269494517
Hey I remember you. You said this before a long time ago, or you stole it from that guy in a similar thread.
>>
always wanted to make or play a game where the player unknowingly decides stuff.
like seemingly irrelevant questions that alter the game depending on your answers
>hey do you think I can get any fish in this lake?
>yes
>he gets fish and is able feed his family
>no
>him and his family eventually starve to death
>>
>Party regularly rests at inns, houses, etc.
>1% chance to enter a dream sequence when resting
>Only way to get the good or bad ending
>Party can only rest a certain number of times across the game due to the urgency of their quest
>Not getting the dream sequence gets you a surreal as fuck neutral ending and deletes your save
>>
>>269496569
>Have a boss halfway during the game, after you beat it credits play. During the credits about halfway through the credits practically explode and reveal the real villain.
Man, I remember when Borderlands wasn't absolute shit.
>>
>>269503109
except DSP.
>>
If you make a female character every NPC in the game hits on you
>>
>>269504239
>you can make an 'other', but it is the generic male model with female textures
>any kind of customization gets attached to your name, ex. <John - Pansexual|Bisexual|<custom>
>only you can see the gender part
>>
>>269488140

>pause game
>screen blurs everything in the background, stops time too
>stay in a given menu for too long
>things start to happen when you unpause

So, things would be like:
>Quests
The pointer of the active quest changes location to somewhere different
>Options
The main menu of the pause screen stays floating around, granting you a shield from projectiles or magic or something
>Equipment
You drop all your equipment. It is disorganized if the items you carry can be organized
>Save
A skeleton appears next to your slightly skinnier character, notices that you unpaused the game, saying "Oh, I'm sorry" and goes back inside in the playable character. No NPC question this except the lich kinghis player left the game pausedspoiler for the cinematic when you defeat him

You do not want to load a recently saved game in the main city, within said city. (like, 1minute after saving)

The entire city loads twice, and NPCs start to fight their dopplegangers.

This can work with the skeleton out of the character feature too.
>>
>Add a calculator into the game's menu... for no reason.

WHY VELOCITY, WHY?!
>>
>>269496697
Hello Dragon's Dogma
>>
File: 1409228848525.jpg (35KB, 352x370px) Image search: [Google]
1409228848525.jpg
35KB, 352x370px
>>269504140
I was like 7 you cunt, this music triggers me.
>>
>pirated versions of the game have this strange void in the starting area
>over time the hole gets larger
>none of the NPCs notice this or talk about it
>the final area of the game has you practically running away from the advancing void
>before the final boss all the characters fall into it
>the game then deletes a key file that it needs to run
>trying to start the game again will take you to the main menu and you should be able to load at least once
>fall into void again
>the game crashes whenever you try and load afterwards
>eventually the game degenerates more and more whenever you run it until you get to a point where it kills the machine
>>
>>269488140
>Ultima spell in Final Fantasy II
>>
>>269505682
You can't break a computer by deleting game files, Anon. You can't even break a computer when you play lose/lose.
>>
>Whenever you start up the game some enemies randomly become immune to certain kinds of weapons
>There's no indication of whether you're doing damage
>>
>have wall panel secrets like in early fps's
>they change location every game

>give a level one more or one less secret than the stat page suggests
>>
>>269506013
Something else then. Maybe skeletons.
>>
>>269504516
>guns can jam
It's a legit game mechanics. I liked it in Space Hulk for some reason.
>>
>>269504521
I'd play it
>>
File: 1393954035283.png (6KB, 419x249px) Image search: [Google]
1393954035283.png
6KB, 419x249px
>Female characters will have a random chance to start bleeding and attract enemies and it's random when it stops
>Everyone will say it's a bug but it's actually her period
>>
Make the game impossible to speedrun because every level there is at least one segment where you have to defend for a few minutes.
>>
>>269506789
People will find a way to glitch out of it.
>>
>>269506757
Periods aren't random
>>
>pirating the game replaces all textures in the game with a picture of Michelle Obama taking a shit
>>
>>269506921
patch it
>>
>>269506789
Worked well for MGR's encounters, huh?
>>
>>269506921
Fine then forced on rails turret sections.
>>
>>269506982
Nobody cares, dyke
>>
>horror game
>pause works most of the time
>one particularly spooky enemy that will rip through the pause screen after three seconds of leaving it open

>game with levelling weapons ala drakengard
>include a very unique looking weapon with shit stats
>takes an absolutely absurd amount of experience to reach max weapon level
>it's barely an improvement
You know they'll grind it out
>>
>>269506789
>what are sequence breaks
>what is going out-of-bounds
>what is not speedrunning
>>
>can only carry a set amount of weapons
>greatest weapon in the game is fully upgraded starter weapon
>>
My gf had an amazing idea a while back that we want to implement into a future project:

>Have the developers as NPCs in some town in the game
>Give the player the option of killing the devs
>after killing the devs, a random number pops up with a skull on it.
>The number will be assigned to each copy up to 6 digits
>If the game doesn't sell well, we'll show them an arbitrarily large number and say, "Well, since this many people killed the devs, they can't work on a sequel."
>Suddenly people will want a sequel
>>
>>269507134
Dumb nigger.
>>
When you try to exit the game cuts your penis weenus off!
>>
>>269507393
I don't get it.
>>
>>269488140

The love interests are unwinnable. No matter how many points you get, no matter what options you pick, no matter now many gifts you buy, you can't max out their affection gauge.

The E3 demo will show the deep and nuanced character interaction, as well as a girl's happy ending. But in each game, it is impossible to win them, and every girl will insist on remaining just friends.

When asked about it on Twitter, I'll post screenshots of the best ending and act confused as to why they think there's a problem.
>>
>Pirating the game causes all text to be written in webdings
>>
>>269507394
Go fry me some eggs
>>
>>269507575
They'd just look at the game code, anon.
>>
>>269492078
Underrated post

This idea is the bomb
>>
>>>269488140
>Enemies become the slightest franction harder every time you the player saves

Max Payne 1 had a quick save bug like this
>>
>>269504787
Would be better if it unlocked some special bonus ending; as it is, that idea is stupid as fuck. Thank god you will never make games, because they would be unbelievably shit, you huge faggot.
>>
>game takes place in a big city
>huge tvs on many of the buildings
>pirating the game makes the tvs play japanese puke porn nonstop
>>
>permadeath
>monsters that split into two during combat, both copies giving exp
>all of them get slightly stronger and faster when you kill one
>if you try to exp grind you'll find yourself trying to get away from a swarm of superfast superstrong splitting enemies
>>
>>269508243
And this is bad how?
>>
>>269508156
Yeah, agreed. I can actually see some Japanese game doing the reverse, that is a 1% chance for a dream sequence that gets you a surreal as fuck ending, but the original idea is just retarded.
>>
File: 1411626621965.jpg (43KB, 153x317px) Image search: [Google]
1411626621965.jpg
43KB, 153x317px
>pick male/female protag
>randomly generated appearance
>if you delete your save to reroll you will get the same character
>can't play as a new character until you beat the game on that one
>you get a different ending based on how attractive your character is
>>
>You start with 3 party members in the tutorial
>Do the tutorial fight giving each member 100 exp
>After that the 4th member joins
>They are always 100 exp behind
>>
>>269507846
Whatever, samefag
>>
>>269496768
>if you're autistic enough to get that much money before progressing farther and manage to buy them, they turn out to be replicas
>>
>Different mouse sensitivities in different options menu's
>random menus have different positions for yes and no
>in game sensitivity for a 4x game or a strategy game with a cursor is hard coded to never exactly equal your desktop/standard sensitivity
>pressing the button harder actually makes your car go faster in a racing game, just slightly enough to make a difference

>>269496697
>>269505579
Elder Scrolls as well has actual differences for genders. Until Skyrim at least.
>>
>>269499907

>Metroid Prime 3 opening
>the only way to to track the time left is a background speaker telling out how many minutes are left every few minutes
>>
mouse sensitivity scale has numbered markers but is on a logarithmic scale
>>
>>269493882
HE JUST LEFT. WITH NUTS.
>>
>>269493882
>Master volume makes your character yell
10/10 would buy
>>
File: fuckyourightback.jpg (177KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
fuckyourightback.jpg
177KB, 1024x576px
>>269488140
Spending ages unlocking this door was a fine example.
>>
>>269502315
>look at that bitchass piece of shit.
>prolly can't even fight you
>shoot him
>do it,asshole
>OH SHIT
>HE'S PISSED OFF NOW
>RUN NIGGA,RUN!
>AWW SHIT ,YOU'RE FUCKED!
>>
>>269503327
fucking hate this shit. devs always use that lime green shit in a game with yellow and it's always a fucking nightmare for me to tell the difference. fucking sucks being color blind. why they can't they just fucking use grass green?
>>
>Make a incredibly long, intrecate, and hard bordering impossible side quest to save someone from certain death with no reward
>the character dies from a cold
>>
>>269509379
How is it possible to make an entire game a single shade greyish blue?
>>
>>269508031

"Fuck you" implies bad things anon.
>>
>>269503327
>extra puzzles only solvable by colorblind people
>>
>generic modern shooter with difficulty options: rookie, veteran and operator
>rookies will panic when under fire, have trouble reloading weapons and girl throw grenades
>operators can slow time when ads and can melee kill from 15 feet away
>you can't change difficulty without restarting the game
>>
>>269509452
>set in options how you want the subtitles to read
>generic white dudebro
>the developer's GF who doesn't even like videogames
>hilarious black guy
>black bitch that keeps asking when she's getting paid so she can pick up her keeds from her pot dealer
>>
>Game where there is an alignment system
>If you give homeless people lots of money then you will magically gain good points
>If you give too much money the homeless people become rich and buy out the city and evict everyone causing all of the shops in the city for the rest of the game
>>
>>269509980
all of the shops to close*
>>
>>269509616
how is that even possible?
>>
>>269493264
You monster.
>>
>>269509980
>hype up really important dialogue
>meeting with king
>oh shit
>the fucking KING
>he randomly cuts off his sentences
>>
File: 1410784228646.gif (4MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1410784228646.gif
4MB, 640x360px
>horror game
>pic related, characters/enemies/npcs randomly "glitch out"
>text sometimes garbles like NES games
>how often this occurs is completely random for everyone
>some people will never have it happen

would be nice to see if people think it's part of the game or if it was some kind of glitch.
>>
>>269501334
10/10

Kinect was a untapped goldmine for horror games.
>>
>>269506404
Jamming guns can be an important part of the game and interesting gameplay decisions.
>>
File: save.png (3KB, 466x331px) Image search: [Google]
save.png
3KB, 466x331px
Pull this kind of shit for every decision with 2 choices, as well as use different colors every time.
>>
>>269510295
I thought about it for a bit, there's definately a way. Have a puzzle based on matching red/green and yellow blocks, like connect the dots. You have to sort the colours. Colourblind dude wouldn't tell the difference between red and green, but the game treats them as the same colour anyway, so he'd pass it easy. As for the non colourblind dude, the red and green are massive fucking red herrings and can never be completely matched up.
>>
Berate the player for every wrong decision in a linear game.
>>
>>269511108
I'm pretty impressed you came up with something.
Pretty cool idea.
>>
>>269511093
You are pure evil
>>
File: 1408425887952.gif (1MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1408425887952.gif
1MB, 250x250px
>>269488140
>damage done without wearing shoes is reduced by half
>character has no feet
>>
File: 1414186303557.png (103KB, 600x539px) Image search: [Google]
1414186303557.png
103KB, 600x539px
>>269511093
That's actually bretty fuckin' great.

10/10
>>
>>269498714
I like it except for
>When you boot up the game for the first time, there is a 1 in 10 chance that the trophy/achievement will NEVER unlock for you.

It takes away the fun from it, like it's all done in vain if it doesn't come up.
>>
>>269509165
>playing game
>"oh shit is an escape sequence"
>notice there is no timer
>"oh it's a fake time limit then"
>full around
>"X minutes left"
>"nigga wut?"
>>
>Have a game full of hidden treasure
>Have a large number of waterfalls
>Only one waterfall has anything behind it
>>
>>269489584
>if you choose Easy difficulty at the beginning, the final boss at the end won't appear

Disney's Hercules on PSOne did that. If you chose Easy, you couldn't get past the Minotaur boss and if you chose Medium you couldn't get to the final fight with Hades.
>>
>>269511093
FUCK YOU LEGACY OF KAIN
>>
>>269511093
Im sorry, but care to explain what is this from and what is so bad about it?
>>
>>269511451
>all waterfalls are in hard to reach areas
>>
File: GodDamnIt.jpg (126KB, 452x308px) Image search: [Google]
GodDamnIt.jpg
126KB, 452x308px
>Beat the final boss of the game
>All your saves are deleted afterwards
>New Game+ on the main menu
>>
>>269509532
color filters.
>>
>>269511770
Haha, fuck you too, game. I regularly back up my saves.
>>
>>269489160
>>269489392
post is kill, what he say?
>>
>>269488140
red barrels dont explode
brown barrels do

water can be boiling hot and kill you when you're in a flaming building

there's a hidden health stat, eating junk food slows you down slightly but there is no indication of it otherwises
>>
>>269511674
There are more than a few games where it was unclear which option was selected because different games use highlight/darken to mark the selected option. On top of that, if the cursor is on "No", pressing right could cause the cursor to loop around, going to "Yes" which is the same result as pressing left.
>>
>if you pirate the game on a console it overheats your console
>if you pirate it on PC it steals your identity with a keylogger and sends the info to the authorities as well as a lawsuit threat
>>
>>269488140
>Metal Gear Solid
>Fighting Psycho Mantis
>Nigger can read your thoughts so all your attacks are blocked/dodged
>Take out controller from slot 1 and place it in slot 2
>"Arrgh, why can't I read your mind!"

Excellent.

He also reads your memory card and comments on your saves as well as commenting on your playthrough style.
>>
>>269494361
>Random chance of magazine not seating and falling out with a distinctive thud as it hits the floor
I actually put that into a game that I was working on once. The team tried it and thought it was a bit stupid, but kept it anyways. The project never went far, though, so nothing finished to show for it.
>>
>>269512195
And on top of that, some games wouldn't allow you to exit the menu by pressing a safe button like B
>>
>>269512398
>changing slots
>not beating him fair an square
>>
>>269512398
everyone on /v/ has known this for years
>>
>>269502315
Reading this gave me chills.

10/10 would play.
>>
>>269512398
Subtle things YOU would put in games, not what Kojima has done.
>>
>>269493512
>get item called diary or journal or whatever
>get to final room before boss
>turns out you need to break seal with said item
>gets used up and you have only one chance to beat the game
>>
>>269512867
Strictly from a game dev PoV, that's a terrible idea. Also, what is a save state? Just reload the damned thing.
Still, a terrible idea from a dev PoV.
>>
>>269488140
>implying I'd be subtle about it
>implying I wouldn't have everyone straight up mocking them for playing on an easy difficulty
It's what they deserve.
>>
>Non-horror game
>Purposely leave some kind of bug that allows sequence breaking
>If you do all sorts of strange "glitches" begin to happen
>game subtly turns into psychological horror from then on
>>
>start off game with a fuck-ton of abilities
>as you level up you gradually lose each one
>have to fight last boss with one weak ability
>>
File: Bioware origin.png (12KB, 298x498px) Image search: [Google]
Bioware origin.png
12KB, 298x498px
>>269488140
ur 1 cheeky wazzok m8
>>
>>269513115
Then why put easy in the game? If you don't want people playing on easy, and you are making the game, don't make an easy mode.
Also, you can't say "because some people will only play on easy". You are mocking those people, and before they EVER buy the game, they will hear about that and NOT BUY IT. So, in reality, the only thing you could do is make is subtle or just don't add Easy.
OR you can do what DMC did, and make it so that easy is an unlock if you are getting your shit wrecked too much. I REALLY liked that, because it was the games way of saying "oh, what's wrong, too tough for your little baby ass?" while not being insulting about it. You KNEW it was teasing you, but it played it off too well.
>>
>>269513115
I'd probably have all the enemies be weak as shit, but put hundreds of them on screen at once.
>>
>>269513363
wait, I just made this better
>every next boss you fight gains one of your abilities
>you have to dodge your own abilities from the last boss
>>
>>269513724
New Shantae does exactly that.

Okami did the same
>>
>>269513363
>>269513724
The OP said SUBTLE ways to fuck with the players. Not "how would you ruin your own game".
>>
File: 1413964326937.jpg (2MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1413964326937.jpg
2MB, 5000x5000px
>horror game presents a series of paths or events with common phobias during the intro/tutorial
>purposefully uses the ones the player avoided for the rest of the game
>>
>>269513578
Like in Dragon's Dogma if you die too often instead of just saying "Retry?" It'll say

Retry?
Retry on Easy?
>>
>>269513904
I like this. I feel like a few things have done this, but nothing comes to mind. I like it a lot. Why hasn't this been done?
>>
>make a FPS where the protagonist has no experience with guns
>does all sorts of stupid movie shit like cocking a shotgun for no reason and ejecting a round and spinning the revolver cylinder wasting time.
>gets better over time through experience or reading magazines/books of proper technique
>>
File: 1365652104194.png (140KB, 259x315px) Image search: [Google]
1365652104194.png
140KB, 259x315px
>>269494001
>>
>>269488140
>Torture scene
>You can submit at anytime
>If you do, the games 2nd half changes
>You gradually lose health and have to mash a button to keep it up, but the button which you need to mash changes every now and again at a unpredictable rate.
>If you lose all your health not only do you get game-over it deletes your save and you have to start again.

That would be fun as fuck, extra pressure to stay alive, once you hit low health and maybe miss a button you'd be torn between chosing to surrender or try again at the risk of losing all your progress.
>>
Threads about to die, so no one will probably see this, but...

If I made a game it would be more akin to Gamecube/PS2 era, so the game isn't hand holding, but not overly ridiculously impossible, but that would still be too hard for the modern gamer, so for the game I'd have the normal difficulties which would be difficult, but then have one called "Casual" which is the only really easy difficulty where everything would just be butched and practically play itself. During the game things would constantly remind you that you are playing on CASUAL with help menus and hint pop ups always emphasizing CASUAL.

Basically a big "FUCK YOU" to modern gamers while the regular, old school gamers would have a challenging, fun game that wouldn't be bogged down by streamlining.
>>
>>269514148
>RPG/FPS hybrid
This could work.
>>
>>269505682
>ifsuperpapermariohadabadend.txt
>>
>>269514148
>Revolver Ocelot, the Game.
>>
>>269514054
Ya dude, THAT'S how to tell people that like Easy that they are pussies. Fuck, I REALLY need to play through DD.
>>269514148
This is an AWESOME idea, and I have been TRYING to get my guys to work on something based on the concept. The pitch I've been using is a post apoc setting, where movement is key because it will take a while to get good at combat.
Also, initially, the idea was to make reloads REALLY fucking manual as far as making them work, but when you the PLAYER got good at getting it right, the character in the game would start doing parts of it automatically until it was basically second nature to them. Obviously, a very in depth system of using the mouse and your inventory would be involved, which is what has made it a hard sell.
>>
File: too evil for me.png (140KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
too evil for me.png
140KB, 300x300px
>Option to save a character
>They die anyway a scene or two later
>>
>>269511531
Twisted Metal also did that.
>>
If the player decides to play on easy and skip all the texts/videos the game will mock him for ruining the experience and simply place him at an unwinnable boss.
>>
>>269514516
telltale games.jpg
>>
>>269501941
>subtitles that spoil an interrruption

>So to the mystical land of Feoralom. There you must find the amulet of ...
>STOP RIGHT THERE YOU BITCH!

bonus
>the interruption is too late and there's a second of silence between the two lines
>>
>>269496569
What is Kid Icarus Uprising
>>
>>269488140
>>Every time you enter the options menu, the subtitles option is in a different place
>>make npcs laugh at you if you choose a low difficulty mode
>>make a reward of a super long, hard dungeon a generic item that you could buy from a merchant for next to nothing
>>add an item that has a "special use" - in reality it does nothing
Top fucking KEK.
You crossed the line. Fuck you.
>>
>>269507393
>If the game doesn't sell well, we'll use a bullshit excuse for not working on a sequel instead of just admitting we don't feel it would be profitable
Yea, way to fuck with your players, retard.
>>
>>269499815
>Fake loading bars
Anonymous Agony did it already.
>>
>watch speedruns on the game after it comes out
>patch every exploit i can and make it so that going out of bounds causes a headphone-breaking soundbyte of 'I'd really prefer you be quiet' play and the player being teleported to a small box for five real life hours.
>>
>>269514696
>the interruption is too late and there's a second of silence between the two lines
Fuck this shit. There's no excuse. There's never been an excuse. I have never seen this in any medium other than video games.
>>
>>269514728
To be fair, this is a pretty commonly employed and enjoyed trope in movies, television, games, etc. Everyone loves a false ending.
>>
>drown
>all music plays in reverse on respawn
>invisible buildings
>screams for no reason
>final boss becomes king kong
>>
>>269508865
Fuck you, that's evil. That's almost as messed up as that other anon saying a volume slider that purposely does not have certain numbers.
>>
>>269513893
>>269513830
its not subtle of course, but it
sounds fun to me
>>
>resolution
>have every common resolution except for 1600x900
>>
File: 012948uhntiss.jpg (5KB, 306x165px) Image search: [Google]
012948uhntiss.jpg
5KB, 306x165px
>>269514945
>>
>>269515019
>fake credits in movies and tv
can you give a few examples please?
>>
>Every time you buy food in game it plays a video of a real person eating the same food infront of you.
>At any given time while this video blocks your view, an eldritch horror wil snap your characters neck
>If you manage to escape the eldritch horror via QTE skillz, you are awarded with the eldritch horror eating the food you purchased.
>>
If you max the Charisma stat, all of your spoken dialogue will be voiced by Kelsey Grammer.

If you made your Charisma stat as low as possible, your dialogue will be voiced by a dog.
>>
File: oooooolawdiejesuspray.jpg (29KB, 159x443px) Image search: [Google]
oooooolawdiejesuspray.jpg
29KB, 159x443px
>>269494517
>monster jumps out or some other pants-shitting thing happens
>player nopes the fuck out and either alt+f4's or quits
The game never actually closes out. The game prepares itself for the next 15 to immediately resume exactly where you quit.
>>
>>269515489
Monty Python and the Lama Grail
>>
>>269502978
>Game detects your platform and devices/services you using, like Kinect of Facebook.
>Get fake messages from your friends, yourself, the killer.
>Game pretty much fucks up your PC/console while you playing it.
>>
>>269515489
modern marvel cape movies
>>
>>269508865
>tutorial area
>limited to 2-3 random encounters
>after that you run into the final boss of the game, instantly wiping your party
>years later, second tutorial area
>introduces fireQT
>fireQT gets kidnapped and you don't get her back until the next game

Fuck you golden sun
>>
>Final dungeon can only be reached if you have max luck stat
>>
>>269494361
So if you pirate, the game turns into a deeper version of Receiver? I'll pirate just for the chance at the extra gameplay.
>>
>>269515689
that's a post credits scene, nothing like having a fake ending 3/4 into a game
>>
>>269515689
Those aren't fake endings. Those are just stingers, which are different.
>>
I'd put a 10 minute long, uneventful sewer crawl in the tutorial.

Oh, wait.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (19KB, 225x209px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
19KB, 225x209px
If enemies (even bosses) find you and you don't move your character, they'll approach apprehensively and wonder what's wrong with you.
>>
>>269496517
>Every NPC is dressed appropriately with colors that match
>Every so often you'll see an NPC giving you a slightly smug look
>>
>>269515629
I'm sorry, let me reword that fucked up spoiler: The game acts like it closes, and you go back to your desktop. In reality, it's still running and has set itself up to immediately refocus within the next 15 or so seconds. It resumes exactly where it was when you quit, except for the music which restarts from the scare chord to further shock the player.
>>
>optional developer commentary npcs that actually talk about cut content and what the area/story was like at this time during development
>many of these conversations slide in spoilers about what's really happening or what will happen next

>put in or allow massive possibilities for sequence breaking and no rng to allow for speedruns
>character dialogue will acknowledge broken sequences and characters may lampshade them or be confused as to what's going on
>>
>>269516159
this would be awesome
>>
>>269515943
>luck does nothing but increase STR by 0.001
>>
>>269488140
>Make a game a la Gone Home that's a standard walking simulator
>No people in sight, just a kinda comfy world with a pretentious story
>game can be completed this way, make it seem half finished with loads of areas on the edge of the map with no seeming purpose
>make every small object interactive- books can be manually read, fruit eaten, DVD cases opened
>inside of the middle of a nondescript book is a key for a door across the map that looks like a texture
> inside door is entrance to the real game, a psychological horror
>>
File: 1413950643966.jpg (2MB, 8000x7264px) Image search: [Google]
1413950643966.jpg
2MB, 8000x7264px
>You can only get the final achievement by pirating the game
>Pirating the game causes your steam account to be deactivated
>>
File: 1414347642146.jpg (24KB, 380x253px) Image search: [Google]
1414347642146.jpg
24KB, 380x253px
>>269506996
>>
>>269493675
You just listed everything you remember from WoW
>>
>You have to complete the game on Normal or hard to unlock easy.
>Easy is actually harder than the others
>>
>>269494529
>What is Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
>>
File: buyitordie.png (10KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
buyitordie.png
10KB, 240x160px
>>269489698
>>
>>269516363
>luck does nothing but increase your crit chance by a very minor amount
>increases enemy chance 10X more than yours
>>
File: 79.jpg (19KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
79.jpg
19KB, 413x395px
>timestamps on your save files swap around
>>
>>269516645
FUND IT
>>
>>269516607
That's neither subtle, nor a way to fuck with people. That's just being retarded.
>>
There's a place to input cheat codes
But there are no cheat codes
>>
Make really good figures called Amiibos and then when they actually come out they look terrible.
>>
>>269489267
this
>>
>>269516882
>if you enter developer's names or obvious codes like "godmode", it will say "code entered" but nothing will happen
>>
File: seiga2.jpg (148KB, 850x688px) Image search: [Google]
seiga2.jpg
148KB, 850x688px
Missed rare counter that goes up when a rare item despawns or by itself randomly upon changing an area
>>
>First Person Shooter
>Can look down and see your legs
>Every time you look down your legs have swapped places
>Your left leg is your right
>Your right leg is your left
>>
>>269513115
>Protag and his partners are talking like retard paladins.
>They often fuck up.
>Sometimes bad guys just leave out of pity.
>It's a 100% serious game on normal and hard.
Might be cool.
>>
>Always online DRM
>Account can only be activated through a text-message
>>
File: Frisbee.gif (2MB, 630x353px) Image search: [Google]
Frisbee.gif
2MB, 630x353px
>Bad guy attains the ultimate power, becomes the final boss
>Boasts power beyond your wildest imagination
>If at any point during the final battle you hit pause, he turns to look directly at you, the player, yelling NOTHING STOPS and flies towards camera, shattering the pause screen into piece
>Pause button does nothing for the rest of the game
>This carries over into NG+
>>
Id make Ps4 a exclusive game

Main menu reads:
> Press A to start
>>
File: Colgate.jpg (51KB, 749x421px) Image search: [Google]
Colgate.jpg
51KB, 749x421px
>>269488140
>unskippable credits
>DEVELOPMENT BABIES
>DEVELOPMENT MARRIAGES
>DEVELOPMENT PETS
>DEVELOPMENT PIZZAS
>DEVELOPMENT PROSTITUTES
>DEVELOPMENT DEVELOPERS
>A slideshow begins to play showing all the developers having parties with champagne and cigars, and a drunk karaoke performance from the lead director.
>SPECIAL THANKS begins
>several developer names are listed again
>AND OF COURSE... THANKS TO
>long break in the credits
>Lead Director's name scrolls up
>>
>>269517708
Getting some Chucklefish vibes here. Is that you, Tiy?
>>
>>269514148
>Actually reloads faster
>Guns are jamming, but less when you are a pro
>Weapon parts are unlocked
>Jury rigging is unlocked
>Custom ammo is unlocked
>Customization is unlocked
Awesome.
>>
>>269493882
>the credits are just long enough for the average monitor to put itself into sleep mode.
>>
>test to see how long after being on a "the end" screen people wait till reset/skipping
>ending credits have a bonus scene/content after "the end" screen
>only plays one minute after the longest wait time.
>game saves during credits locking the content if you skip
>figure out a way to replace captured footage with a screen saying play it yourself only for bonus content.
there is actually a different version of this content for each ending
>>
>>269517582
This reminds me of that Tales boss that punishes the player for using healing items by shouting "NO ITEMS" or something to that extent
>>
>>269515629
Some gook game does this I think except it triggers something when you go open a browser.
>>
>>269488140
Isn't that Mass Effect?
>>
>>269517965
Barbaratos Goetia

NO

ITEMS

EVER

Also he prevents you from grinding in ToDR, if you grind on the overworld for too long,. he'll appear and chase you on the map

And no you can't beat him.
>>
>>269517658
Technically the PS4 doesn't have a start button, "Options" does what Start did, but some games still say "Press Start"
>>
>>269488140
>Make the best gear look like shit
Bethesda can go fuck themselves.
>>
File: 1397822782020.png (2MB, 1175x851px) Image search: [Google]
1397822782020.png
2MB, 1175x851px
>power of invisibility makes your character model invisible as well
>it's a third person platforming game
>>
>interact with save statues to save the game
>save menu has only one slot, and a bar along the bottom
>every time you save, it goes down a tiny bit
>when the bar empties, all save statues in the game are destroyed and cursed
>no more saves, and being close to a statue drains your health.
>there's a room full of save statues just before the final boss
>>
>>269489584
>also, have a deep and complex korean mmo-tier character creation maker, just to have your character die in the first few missions
How about this.
>make your character
>tutorial level includes a mentor who's so much cooler than you
>at the end of the tutorial level, the mentor kills you and you literally become the mentor
I don't see why it would happen though. Maybe you were following him, shadowing his moves and he eventually notices and takes offense or something.
>>
>>269518450
The PS4 doesn't have an A button either
>>
>>269518628
>Harry potter games
>>
>Make different printings/versions of the game, each with a different ending, code for un-used endings isn't on the disc/download
>Some endings are much more rare than others
>Asked about it shortly after release
>"Yeah, you got me, there are ten different endings!"
>There are actually only nine released
>>
>>269518676
>Create your character.
>He acts like a Mary Sue.
>Can't actually do shit.
>Retired mentor guy who supposed to train new operatives are called back to action.
>>
Everytime you pause the game your character subtly shifts positions half a grid to the left. Everything will look just a bit off, but not enough for a player to clearly notice the difference.
>>
>>269518639
>After saving at a statue, there is a ten second window during which if you save a second time, the explodes and overwrites that particular save with a previous save
>>
File: 1293818775588.gif (826KB, 250x145px) Image search: [Google]
1293818775588.gif
826KB, 250x145px
>>269518639
I like it
>>
File: kim.jpg (47KB, 650x405px) Image search: [Google]
kim.jpg
47KB, 650x405px
>have microsoft sam say the name you entered for your character in voiced NPC conversations unless you choose your character's default name
>>
>>269492975
>Game is actually CoD: Weeaboo Moeblob edition
That would sell for the novelty.
>>
> Make a 40+ hour RPG with an extremely compelling story with loveable characters

> No save points or autosave
> You die you go back to the start

> Final boss has a complex, 5 minute QTE that if you screw up, it instakills your whole party
>>
>Choosing easy mode turns you into a literal baby
>plays the same but you're an infant
>>
>>269495306
Kojima? Is that you?
>>
>>269519260
I'd legitimately buy a game if it was literally Call of Duty with animu girls for player models.

Environments would be the same gray shit, gameplay would be identical, but the character models would be customizable animu girls.
>>
>>269518405
Jesus he's like an anime Nemesis
>>
>>269493882
Oh god mah balls.
>>
>>269489584
>super detailed character creation
>can pick OP abilities and stats, can make him as strong or as weak as you want
>game loads, you play as some generic bishounen fag with blue hair
>the character you created is the main antagonist and final boss
>you get the true ending for making him superpowerful, and a depressing bad end for making him weak as shit
>>
>if "Easy" difficulty is select, I would change character dialogue in a couple of places in a way that would have a party character imply that you're weak or unreliable
>This wouldn't happen on any other difficulty
>certain bosses would also have special taunts to imply the same

>include one long side quest that yields an average reward, but include an event that is affected by that side quest that nets you a rare piece of equipment; This will be missable.

>have the main character wear a neck brace at some point in the game, followed by a joke that went "I can't even look at my feet now"

>have mini games in an RPG that involve you competing with your party members; losing said mini-game would reduce a stat permanently. Maybe include a system where you can places bets as to whether or not you win, and the reward would be a personal gift, dialogue, acknowledgment, or just a "Fuck yeah, friendship" moment.

>Force you to sacrifice a party member at some point in the game. Your individual choice isn't forced, but you've gotta leave someone behind. This person does not canonically make it out alive.

>Give you the option to have a pet travel with you
>If you don't care for it properly, it will leave/turn on you.
>It can be harmed in battle, but it will also assist you.

>include extra dialogue and events in the game only available by solving a riddle in the instruction booklet; there will be 20 different riddles distributed in an instruction booklet

>give new game+ options
>Characters might experience "deja vu" or "weird" moments as a result of what you might have brought with you
>events in the game might play out differently depending on what you bring

My posts are always too long.
>>
>>269519607
FUND IT
>>
>>269519626
>Bosses will be surprised if you equip their weapon during a boss fight(certain bosses will drop an altered version of their signature weapon upon being beaten a final time), and respond with a "H-How did you get that?" or "You have good taste. It's a shame we're not working together" or something of the sort.

>You can hunt and be hunted in the game. That wild turkey will fuck you up if you look at it funny.

A lot of these aren't really to fuck with you. They're just ideas.
>>
>graphics settings
>good
>bad
>bad is laggier than good
>selection is two boxes, one red and one blue
>which one means select is randomized
>>
>>269493882
GOTY
>>
>>269496517
fuck you
>>
File: 1396549612103.jpg (15KB, 177x278px) Image search: [Google]
1396549612103.jpg
15KB, 177x278px
>>269519607
someone make this happen
>>
>>269519626
And with the riddles, there will be one per instruction booklet. Each one will yield a different result, and each game would be shipped with a different riddle. The riddles would have something to do with a place, event, or character in the game.
>>
File: 1365028700749.jpg (99KB, 680x682px) Image search: [Google]
1365028700749.jpg
99KB, 680x682px
> Make a dungeon split into 2 paths, one long and one short
> The longer path leads into a treasure chest
> The shorter path leads to the boss area, where you cannot turn back for once you enter, even after defeating said boss
>>
>Game ends on a cliffhanger
>>
>>269519069
>Pausing the game will sort of put protag inside a cube, where time stopped and "options" and "exit" are flying around.
>You can actually use your own pause menu as inventory, resting place, however you want.
>Further into game you can discover specific "computer gaming" abilities, like "voice volume" actually affecting characters voice, he mutes himself to fix his displaced arm, so he won't scream and don't attract enemies.
>Brightness setting change to see in dark
>In a cutscene putting on "very long" option in "draw distance" to see something far away.
>However, if you use those abilities too much, protag will slightly became more alive, more detached from your control. It will begin with idle animations and end with him suddenly looking at you for a long time if you pause the game.
>He can actually rebel against you and you need to defeat him him in order to continue, like chance of a "frenzy" state.
>>
>loading bars sometimes reverse
>especially when slowing down

>loading bar slows down completely, never actually reaches 100%
>it was never loading anything in the first place, you just had to press a key

>press a key
>only the 'a' key will do

>press start
>if you press another button, someone calls you a retard for not knowing what a start button is
>>
>>269515621
Better, wis/int affects your speech, but charisma affects NPC's responses to it.
High int but low cha makes people treat you like a tinfoil conspiracy theorist; low int, high cha results in you being an incredibly charming down's syndrome orc.
>"YOU WANT PLAY TRUCK?!"
>"Holy shit I have never heard anything sexier in my life! Take me now!"
>>
File: 1409900935671.gif (649KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1409900935671.gif
649KB, 300x300px
>>269516159
>Getting into a ready stance for your charge attack doesn't have any animation when standing still
>Standing still while doing it when an enemy spots you will make them walk up to you and poke at you, allowing for you to get a surprise attack, dealing more damage than normal
>>
>>269519940
>game starts on a cliffhanger that's never addressed
>>
>it has a special "permadeath" setting
>if you die, your character, saves, and the entire game gets deleted, and your copy of the game is rendered unusable
>the reward for completing the game on insane difficulty permadeath mode is a simple "congrats, you made it!" and a crude rendition of the main character standing on a podium

too bad it'd never work, much less sell.
>>
File: 1404878408191.jpg (16KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1404878408191.jpg
16KB, 300x300px
>all NPC names are spelled with uppercase letters
>The name entry screen lets you enter lowercase letters
>>
File: 1410047204211.jpg (96KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1410047204211.jpg
96KB, 640x640px
> Horror game
> In tense moments disable the pause function entirely
>>
>>269520132
>If you write your character's name normally, all NPC names are in caps
>If you write your character's name in caps, all NPC names are normal
>>
>>269520132
>CURSE YOU ZELDA
>CURSE YOU SAGES
>CURSE YOU Link
>>
>Installing the game will make it load slower
>>
File: 1414213691906.png (109KB, 600x558px) Image search: [Google]
1414213691906.png
109KB, 600x558px
>>269520132
Fucking Pokemon did that
>>
>>269488140
an extremely low chance to spontaneously combust at any moment, even in cutscenes
>>
>>269520256
>If you make your name something like xXx_YOLOBLAZe420soN_xXx all npcs will change their names to "WHY?"
>>
>>269495839
>Spooky monster chasing you
>pause
>it moves FASTER
>>
File: 1414082161952.jpg (36KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1414082161952.jpg
36KB, 400x388px
>>269520256
>>
>>269518628
>power of invisibility makes your character invisible
>but not his clothes or equipment
>you can't take them off
>>
>difficulty modes are something like "hard, normal, baby" with normal difficulty already being quite challenging
>after a few deaths in baby mode, the option to play 'baby mode' is unlocked
>baby mode is only marginally easier than normal mode, but with 'baby crying' stock sound effects replacing certain other sound effects, such as the game over music and the sound that plays when loading is finished
>you unlock nothing when finishing the game on baby mode except a screen that says "try again"
>>
>>269519607
amazing
>>
>>269517708
>Each time you beat the game on the "hardest" difficulty, you unlock a new, even harder one than the last
>The very final difficulty makes it so that you basically have to go through the game at level one, no items, no armor, no weapons, NOTHING
>Even the fucking tutorial enemies can kill you
>Beat the game on this mode
Extremely shortened credits
>Special thanks
You
>>
>>269517708
>the credits are a 15 minute long borefest, just text scrolling on a plain background and playing back the most generic tracks in the game
>right as it seems to be ending, another 5 minutes worth of thanks to various people come up
>pressing ANYTHING skips the credits, unless you press Alt+Tab which just plain crashes the game
>you can only get the achievement for game completion if you sit through it
>>
File: Dolphin rape caves.gif (148KB, 425x417px) Image search: [Google]
Dolphin rape caves.gif
148KB, 425x417px
>certain enemies and other things will drop a one of a kind unique weapon that you cant get anywhere else and only drop once
>you have a limited amount of storage space and it is not enough to keep all of them at the same time
>>
>>269520489
>it's a stealth game
>>
>>269494081
>Using menus doesn't pause the game

>Unless you're in a multiplayer game, then it pauses the game for everyone when anybody hits the menu key
>>
File: urabe.jpg (408KB, 1804x2648px) Image search: [Google]
urabe.jpg
408KB, 1804x2648px
>JRPG featuring a plucky short-haired tomboy childhood friend as a party member
>Accompanies you throughout the whole game
>Fights by your side
>Falls in love with you
>Epilogue cuts to ten years in the future wherein she has grown into a delicate long-haired traditionally feminine waif who claims she is glad to have grown out of such boyish interests
>>
File: hmm yes.gif (975KB, 290x231px) Image search: [Google]
hmm yes.gif
975KB, 290x231px
>>269519607
>>
File: 65456754.png (45KB, 1332x177px) Image search: [Google]
65456754.png
45KB, 1332x177px
>>
>True Ending is DLC
>>
>Horror game
>it stars you and your cat
>start out doing remeial things around the house
>Cat wants food
>Give it food
>Suddenly your character will continue to do remedial tasks for the cat
>Everywhere you go you see the cat
>Go outside the house
>Everyone is a cat
>close the game
>Turns all your friends avatars into the cat
>>
>>269521050
It would be such a sweet fuck you to those who always depend on invisibility in stealth games.
>>
>Main Antagonist gets a power-up that makes him impossible
>when you pause he's the only one that keeps going.
>when you fight him and beat him the next cutscene shows that he beat you
>game credits can be put in fast forward if you press the start button
>it loops when you do it
>>
File: 1394039717557.gif (251KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1394039717557.gif
251KB, 320x240px
>>269518639
>You don't have enough saves to be able to save before every boss without the statues being cursed
>>
>>269488140
>hide something great in a mountain path
>put an invisible wall in front of the path so people cant go down there and think it leads to nothing
>make a small, invisible hole in said invisible wall that takes a lot of trial and error to find
>>
File: 1412517683359.jpg (204KB, 760x1021px) Image search: [Google]
1412517683359.jpg
204KB, 760x1021px
>RPG that will take dozens of hours to complete
>main character's skin keeps getting imperceptibly darker as the game progresses
>skin tone ranges from milky white all the way to wesley snipes so the player must catch on at some point

version B:
>all characters get darker as game progresses
>everyone is black during end credits
>never give any explanation

version C:
>the female and male leads are both kinda generic and similar, dark hair, brown eyes, peasant clothes etc.
>the female lead keeps getting more masculine
>the male lead keeps getting more feminine
>end up looking like a creepily similar gay couple
>>
>>269521147
Anon you have made me very upset with this.
>>
>>269521324
fuck, i don't mean impossible, i mean unstoppable
>>
>Make a game with achievement/trophy that's impossible to get.

>Repeatedly give false impression of what my next game will be about
>>
>>269518676
>implying it isn't true that you killed your mentor, yet you are not his murderer
>>
>>269503742
>>269509452

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of that.
>>
>implement all of these shitty ideas in my game
That would really fuck with you losers.
>>
>>269494001
>the colors of Yes and No are completely different from the text above them and the color scheme is never used anywhere else
>escape button does nothing
>>
File: tidesoffriendship.jpg (325KB, 1296x1287px) Image search: [Google]
tidesoffriendship.jpg
325KB, 1296x1287px
>>269519431
I want this so much.
>>
>>269521397
>version B

Spooky.
>>
>>269521450
I upset myself, anon.
>>
>spooky innawoods
>lots of spooky sounds
>all of a sudden everything goes quiet
>you hear a roar in the distance
>all of the birds rush up into the sky, alarm calling and getting the fuck out of dodge
>you eventually stumble upon a shotgun
>you load it
>you finally face the (first) monster
>the shotgun jams on the first pull and only the first pull, in the presence of the monster (you can test the gun out beforehand if you dare)
>the shotgun is useless forever after
>>
>>269511093
It would be really cool if your character got mind controlled in an RPG, the antagonist would ask you to hand over the McGuffin staff and this option comes up, making it unclear which is which. regardless whichever color is over "yes" becomes highlighted and your character selects that.
>>
>>269493512
It could also be symbolic and shit, like letting go of your past to move on.
>>
>>269520678
>difficulty modes are "hard, normal, baby"
>when you dlick "baby", extra letters appear to make it spell out "babykiller"
>the game starts with your character having just slaughtered a whole town's worth of children
>every NPC, character, party member and boss is heading towards your location to fuck you up

>>269520968
>>269517708
>unskippable, long, boring credits
>they just keep going and going
>at the end, there's a playable epilogue
>your overpowered character using a unique high level weapon, in the middle of an endless horde of weak enemies
>realise that the weapon you're using and the enemies you're facing never appeared in the whole game
>completing the section adds them to the bestiary/weapon list, filling them up and rewarding you with the 100% completion achievement
>skipping the credits skips this sequence, and prevents you from getting 100%
>>
File: Superman64box[1].jpg (31KB, 250x175px) Image search: [Google]
Superman64box[1].jpg
31KB, 250x175px
>>269489584
If you play superman 64 on normal, you can't get to the last level unless you replay everything on hard. The last level just doesn't start and you get kicked back to the main menu.
>>
File: 1359301136589.jpg (59KB, 594x393px) Image search: [Google]
1359301136589.jpg
59KB, 594x393px
>have an NPC village called "Meta Town"
>every villager is named after a developer
>they say shit like "It feels like all I've done with my life is pace around this house. Almost like I'm a ... nonplayable character in a video game!"
>Go to the villager named after the director.
>"Thanks for playing our game!"
>other villagers say shit like:
>"Look at that view! Whoever modeled those environments did a great job!"
>There's a house full of insect enemies
>NPC gives you a quest, asking you to "debug his house"
>Completing all the quests in the village gets you the achievement: "It Takes a Village!"
>Player character says: "What a bunch of awesome people."
>>
>>269517074
Have the counter randomly increment at times
>>
File: 1414110930602.jpg (20KB, 224x219px) Image search: [Google]
1414110930602.jpg
20KB, 224x219px
>>269488140

It just sounds like your game is shit not clever.
>>
If you pirate the game:

>all cutscene dialogue is replaced with hardcore gay porn sounds, that heartfelt moment between the main character and the love interest becomes the haunting sounds of meat slapping together and men grunting with two characters staring at eachother blankly
> if you enable subtitles, it just repeatedly says "buy the game cheapskate"
>all text font in the game becomes comic sans
>>
File: keyboard sensitivity.jpg (178KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
keyboard sensitivity.jpg
178KB, 1440x900px
>>
this thread is fucking fantastic.
>>
>every equip you buy in the shop ends up in the chests in the next dungeon
>>
>put comfy place in tense game
>at some point fuck with it
Imagine zombies getting into the Resident Evil save room if you stay too long or random encounters with strong as fuck monsters being activated in balamp garden.
>>
>>269493226
>In-engine cutscene is playing
>If you try to skip the cutscene, all of the chracters stop talking and turn their heads towards the camera, visibly annoyed at the player for trying to shut them up

I could see that spooking some people
>>
1 in every 1000 button presses won't register
>>
>Horror Game
>Tertis like inventory system
>Pretty much helpless through the first half of the game
>Find an empty gun on a table
>Takes like 1/3 of the inventory space
>When grabbed the character says that he should keep the gun and try to find some bullets
>there are no bullets in the entire game
>>
>Give the player a DOUG function
>>
>>269522556
>Find some bullets
Wrong type
>>
File: .D.jpg (6KB, 98x90px) Image search: [Google]
.D.jpg
6KB, 98x90px
>>269522639
>>
>>269493512
I've never played NIER, but from what I've heard, it could totally get away with pulling this shit.
>>
>Easy mode is nothing but cutscenes.
>>
>>269522001
That, yeah. And you only get one shot at the final boss, and if you die all your saves are gone because you deleted them.
>>
>RPG
>lots of hidden and rare armors/weapons
>play as the hero, your goal is to be as righteous as possible before fighting the final boss
>bar slowly fills gold the more you pick righteous paths in dialogue/gameplay
>final boss is easier the more righteous power you gained
>if you maxed righteous power you can oneshot the boss
>credits roll

>you are prompted and reminded that you can skip the credits
>if you sit through the 10min credits without skipping a cutscene plays
>it's a bunch of flashbacks of your character making desicions
>find out you were actually evil
>new game starts and you have to defeat yourself
>>
>pause game
>wait long enough
>ALL npc's will turn and stare at the player with random looks of distain or boredom or confusion.
>as soon as the mouse or key is touched they dont snap back to position, but lazily shuffle about back to position, music slowly keys up again, and faintly in the background you hear whispers and talking.
>>
>after completing the game on the hardest difficulty setting, you unlock "asshole mode"
>the description says somethign like "this is a special difficulty supposed to annoy the player in various ways. it's mostly meant as a joke, but hey, who knows, maybe there's a special reward for completing it?"
>it employs hundreds of small nuisances from this very thread, making the game barely playable and inconsistent as fuck
>the reward for finally completing it is literally nothing, you don't even get end credits and are just booted back into the menu

bonus:
>if you complete asshole mode with no deaths, in less than 2h, AND do 100% anything (all bosses, all items, or something like that, but it has to be possible in an extreme 2h speedrun), you get a single "congrats! :)"
>>
>>269522247
Oh God I want to see this.
>>
>>269523105
Didn't Divine Divinity did it?
>>
>>269522247
>It takes a village
I don't get it
>>
>Horror game
>Main character is a detective solving a murder case
>Near the end of the case the character is starting to find clues for who the next murder victim is
>Clues are audio tapes and photos
>The audio tapes and photos are sample from the player's microphone and webcam.
>>
I'd make a pit of 100 trials, make it 100 floors of battles that is time consuming, then at the end I'll make the final secret boss a reskin of the first boss, make him say nothing intelligible and then make him drop a bad combat item despite being the hard secret boss of the game
>>
>>269522639
>find bullets
>there is no magazine to put them into the gun
>>
>>269498304
>>269498304
>If you make a female character and try to upskirt you'll just find a large stop sign under their dress
Omega Quintet does something similar
>>
>>269522556
>horror game
>in the beginning, the player is haunted by the usual mysterious monster or several of them
>halfway in the player happens across a working and fully loaded AK-47, conspicuously located on a table
>if you pick up the gun, the monsters never appear anymore
>instead the game craps out jumpscares identical to the ones you'd get when the monster is trying to fuck you up
>if you ever pick up the gun in the first place, you get creamed by an automated security checkpoint in the very end
>>
If they pirated your game, the sound goes from it's current setting back to 100% randomly. If it's already 100% it boosts up for 5x. No pattern, just random, might not even happen sometimes.
>>269519607
10/10
>>
>>269523275
It takes a village to raise a child is a common saying.
>>
File: egg.jpg (169KB, 850x567px) Image search: [Google]
egg.jpg
169KB, 850x567px
>throughout the game, collect and reforge pieces of a legendary hero's equipment
>every piece's stats are shit until you complete the entire set
>they're incredibly hard to get and you need to find dozens of unique materials to finish it
>finally find the crafting instructions for the last one
>you have to destroy one of the other pieces to make it
>>
>JRPG with multiple characters and lots of strategic choice
>final boss is a mirror image of your most used party, using whatever combinations of abilities you abused the most during your game
>if you cheesed, you'll get your own medicine
>>
>>269522408
This is actual subtle fuckery. Everything else is too in your face.
>>
>>269521376
And have the first 2 bosses be incredibly difficult, and then the next 3 much easier by comparison. People will be so sure the 3rd or 4th was a fluke that they will save at the 5th as well and find it easy. And then you make the 6th-end hard again. And they wont save before the 6th because they have become used to easy fights. And then they die and have to start back before the last boss.
>>
>>269522556
>1st person RPG dungeon crawler
>start out with an M16 and some ammo
>barrel is bent, gun is unusable
>come across the bodies of your squad members as you get deeper into the temple.
>every single one of them has an m16 that is broken in some fashion
>there's not a single good m16 in the entire game.
>>
>>269499442
___NIER___ sort of does this. Levels don't factor into it, but to get arguably the best ending you have to sacrifice yourself, which in this case means erasing all your game save file.
>>
>>269523303
>And the next victim is... this nice German oak forest!
>dun dun dun
>>
>>269507818
>I am literally retarded
>>
>game has multiple endings
>the only way to get the true ending is by beating a max level superboss that starts the battle with an instant kill attack
>the only way to avoid it is to use a seemingly worthless item you find at the beginning of the game

>game spanning sidequest involving collecting 50 doodads
>they're in completely retarded locations like behind the final boss's throne, under the main character's bed, and in areas that become inaccessible after a certain point in the game
>the last one is dropped by the aforementioned superboss
>>
>>269511441
>
...What?

That is by FAR the best part.

There will be people googling it on the internet, opening doors, doing random pieces of crap to get an achievement that will never come.
>>
>>269523857
M16 parts are pretty easily interchangeable. You should have it is the only way to get a working M16 is to get a bunch of broken ones and use individual pieces that aren't broken. The last M16 you need is used by the final boss.And there is no NG+
>>
File: 1361159863823.gif (234KB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
1361159863823.gif
234KB, 280x210px
>All your dialogue choices are the same except worded differently
>NPC
I've seen a great evil in my dreams. But I also saw hope in the one the prophecy foretold. Now I must put my trust in the prophecy and you as well. Can I trust you?
>a) Yes you can
>b) You can always count on me!
>c) I'd sooner perish myself than betray your trust milady.
>d) We're in this together. You have my trust as well.

>each different choice actually greatly affects the story
>>
>>269523947
>I've got it! The next victim is "YEAH SURE, PIZZA SOUNDS GREAT. NO, P- UH HUH, YEAH, YES, PEPPERONI. OKAY."
>>
>the subtitles are sometimes wrong
>things like switching "You're" with "Your" or switching a word with it's synonym (the character says "This is a good sword" and the subtitles read "This is a great sword")
>it happens completely at random and the chance is so extremely low it will only happen a handful of times every playthrough
>>
>get to the ending
>destroyed the main threat
>boss wants retribution, but world is already saved
>fighting final boss
>credits start to roll
>you fight the boss as the credits roll
>last hit fades everything to black and keeps a black screen until you re-open the game
>>
I've never been able to work out the mechanics for this one, but. I've always thought it'd be awesome to have a game where you don't die.

>Human guy or girl
>Go through this mansion filled with haunted spooks and traps
>Character walks into a trap, gets disembodied
>Now have two screens, you can control the body, and the head independantly, and make them do different things
>Continue to get disembodied, head becomes an eye, tongue, hair, skull, brain, ear, tongue depending on how you afflicted the damage
>Each piece moves inbdependently and can do specific things and solve specific puzzles,
>Pieces can help each other, IE: Hand can throw an eye up onto a table for a higher reach.
>Body can fall to pieces the same way depending on the situations
>Final form is burnt ash or mushy goo
>Puzzle platformer, you can mess up if you get too destroyed and no longer have the limb or piece needed to trigger that event.
>Each piece would have its own toggle screen and safe areas where it could avoid being damaged.
>>
>>269520434
>RPG for mobiles
>in character name screen put a small message saying, "Please do not put emoticons in the character name."
>>
>>269488140
Needlessly low limit for how many characters you can use to name something. Every time.
>>
File: 3452364257.jpg (19KB, 480x330px) Image search: [Google]
3452364257.jpg
19KB, 480x330px
>mouse sensitivity slider has immediate effect
>no need to hit apply changes
>>
>>269523303
Get out of here Kojima
>>
>>269523857
>there's a system for taking apart guns and putting them back together
>if you collect all M16s, looks like you can make a usable gun by scavenging their remains
>except the first of the two M16s with good barrels is just a part of the scenery and can't be interacted with
>the second one is located ten seconds away from reaching the end credits
>>
>>269524458
6 is the perfect troll number for that. 5 is too obvious.
>>
>>269524553
>>269524129
I beat ya to it.
>>
>>269492078
Holy shit that's amazing.
>>
>>269523303
>Horror game shows security cam footage
>It's an old camera, so the footage is a bit rubbish and static
>In between the static you can see the image of someone playing a video game
>It's actually the Camera/Kinect looking at the player

[Hank Hill screaming intensifies]
>>
>>269492628
>the volume slider is ultra finicky and has decimal points
>getting a whole number is incredibly frustrating and finicky, but possible
>saving the settings nudges the slider anyway, such as from 50 to 49.53 or some shit
>>
>>269524841
So what if I don't have a camera, or a microphone, or anything similar?
>>
>>269519607

Minus the last bit that just sounds like Fire Emblem Awakening
>>
>>269522490
>All characters stop talking, and turn their heads at you and say "Well that's fuckin rude" and slap your character and then go back to talking
>>
>have the game paused for too long
>your character gets bored and leaves
>>
>>269524841
>player is a paranormal detective that has to solve crimes before people get killed
>has a vision
>'This faggot will get killed if I can't stop it'
>shows the static image of you playing video games through kinect
>if you fail, the game does not restart automatically
Would lose my shit. Wouldn't stop playing afraid of getting murdered.
>>
>>269522579
What does the DOUG function do?
>>
File: 1395793536265.jpg (47KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1395793536265.jpg
47KB, 320x240px
>>269519607
That's literally Fire Emblem: Awakening, minus the ending
>>
>game over screen has an unskippable 10 second animation
>>
>>269525138
Sonic CD
>>
>>269525285
It dougs EVERYTHING.
>>
File: 1357098118333.gif (3MB, 427x320px) Image search: [Google]
1357098118333.gif
3MB, 427x320px
>stay at an inn to save the game and recover health
>"Enjoy your stay! We have a bit of a bed bug infestation so I'd sleep in my clothes above the covers if I were you."
>>
File: FALCON HYPERNOVA.jpg (342KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
FALCON HYPERNOVA.jpg
342KB, 560x560px
>>269521183
watching movies when I lived in Georgia was the best fucking shit ever

>Dark Knight Rises
>Joker's 'magic trick'
>entire theater becomes runway for landing of ebonics cacophony plane
>>
>make a Godzilla game
>show Bryan Cranston as the main character of the movie in every trailer and commercial
>he dies 20 minutes into the game and the actual main character is some boring guy nobody gives two shits about
>>
>>269525296
>>269525101
well shit
i've played FE:A, but only to around chapter 9. still, i think it's a decent idea
>>
>>269522507
>main character has some kind of degenerative nerve disease
>the chances for a button input to not register keep going up throughout the story until your character is basically a cripple
Thread posts: 542
Thread images: 85

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.