[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why haven't you started streaming your games on Twitch yet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 21

File: Untitled13.png (635KB, 603x605px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled13.png
635KB, 603x605px
Why haven't you started streaming your games on Twitch yet?
>>
>>268942997

Because i have integrity.
>>
>>268942997
I have the internet
It just stutters so fucking much when I go live
>>
File: 1409191764457.jpg (70KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1409191764457.jpg
70KB, 500x500px
>you will never be e-famous
>>
I've been thinking about starting a youtube channel for a long time. The thing that's holding me back is that I don't think I'm that funny or entertaining. I'm also not a native English speaker and I have a Dutch accent that sounds like shit.

I might try it one day and see if it works out. Maybe stream to twitch if for whatever reason people want me to do it.
>>
>>268944136
I've read the comments and chats, there is no reason to want this.
>>
>>268943493
Lazyjellyfag detected
>>
>>268942997
because 99% of people on /v/ would have 2 viewers and 1 of them would be their friend and the other calling them a sperg for playing some faggy anime game
>>
I do livestream but I don't really care about viewers.
>>
I've never made a game.
>>
I'm missing a pair of tits.
>>
>>268944227
Why should that stop you? No one. LITERALLY NO ONE on youtube is funny or entertaining.

Your talentlessness would fit right in with the shitshow that is "you tube celebrity"
>>
>>268944227
Pewdiepies english is shit too.
Just scream and act stupid and you'll be fine
>>
File: ayylmao.png (48KB, 706x63px) Image search: [Google]
ayylmao.png
48KB, 706x63px
shitty third world country internet
>>
You can't stream in Australia because our upload speeds are terrible.
>>
i hate fat black people more than i hate fat people
>>
>>268944790
>I go out of my way to be seen by others, but I don't care about viewers.

How can you type this, and not realize that it's nonsensical?
>>
Because the kinda shit I talk to myself about is woefully offensive. I don't want to be famous for being an ass.
>>
>>268945756
>you can't let people watch you play unless you care if people watch you play
>>
>>268945943
That is a good summary. I'm glad you understand it now.
>>
>>268942997
It's for fags. A better question is why haven't you started making games yet?
>>
File: 1413648023234.gif (823KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
1413648023234.gif
823KB, 700x394px
I'm thinking of starting streaming but it'd be without commentary, just gameplay and some music.
While no cam is still okay, I don't know if it's even acceptable anymore in this day and age to not use a mic on stream. I can't use my mic because I'm still training my female voice as an MtF and rather not show off as a dude on the internet
>>
>>268944227
go for the niche market,
im sure theres alot less dutch lps than english.
you might have a better time and be more comfortable, which equals more entertaining, if you just go full dutch or whatever you speak.
>>
If I did, I wouldn't be giving any commentary or any shit like that. I'm not a fun person, and that shit is annoying anyway.
>>
>>268945732
thats funny cause fat blacks are the only type of fat or black people i dont hate
>>
4chan is the laziest fucking community, while a blog chick I know streams and has low views but high subs while I have high views and low subs.
>>
File: 1365848511786.jpg (87KB, 627x576px) Image search: [Google]
1365848511786.jpg
87KB, 627x576px
I'm not an interesting person.
>>
>>268944227
>tfw Dutch
>sound american
>do voice acting on streams

I don't think Dutch people wanna sit around watch vidya yo.
>>
>>
Why would anyone seriously want to watch me just play a video game? I don't think I'm a terribly boring person, but without some sort of gimmick like speed running or raging or something, I feel like it'd just be a waste of their time.

I also don't exactly play games terribly often.
>>
>Some people feel like they're part of a community when they watch a single streamer regularly
>Some people have access to the internet but can't really play anything so they just watch someone else play to kill some time
>Release day streams that people watch to decide if q game looks worth buying
>Tournaments or other events
Am I missing any other reasons people would watch others play vista instead of doing so themselves?
>>
>>268942997
I don't have decent upload speed. 1MB just isn't worth it. I'd rather not stream at all than stream a laggy blocky pile of shit.
If it weren't for that I'd probably stream FFXIV raids and Dark Souls
>>
ko
>>
>>268950614
trolling
>>
Well one, I don't know how. And two, who would even watch?
>>
>>268942997
My toaster can barely play games, let alone stream them, at a not-vomit-inducing framerate
>>
>>268942997
Because I like to watch playthroughs without hearing some stupid jingle interrupting everything because a guy subscribed or something.
>>
Because Im stuck at uni with a toaster
>>
Why haven't you:

>started coding your own superior vidya
>started writing your own superior vidya reviews
>started streaming your own superior vidya playthroughs

We all know the entire vidya and vidya-related industry is shit.
>>
I do, and I don't recommend doing it unless you're satisfied streaming to a small group of good friends. Unless you're braindead yourself, streaming to the audience that most streamers accumulate over time will not satisfy you.
>>
>>268947609
How can you still be training, it took me like a couple hours or trying what the tutorials say before I sounded passable.

And you won't get any viewers without a cam, let alone without a mic.
>>
>>268951661

because Coding on C++ a shit, I dont know other code, and I dont even remember the miniscule Basic game programming I did back in high school

Ive written like 2 reviews on Metacritic
>>
>>268942997
i actually got it running with shadowplay because i like to play around with tech but then noticed streaming would make playing vidya even less fun because I'd have to entertain a bunch of people and can't just chill and read 4chan at the same time. kripp seems to be the only one who just does what he likes to do.

He inspires me a bit with his i don't give a shit about anything i just like to play games attitude though.
>>
>>268951972
>Coding on C++ a shit, I dont know other code

If you know C++, you're like two hours of studying away from also knowing C# or Java.
>>
>>268951931
Because I am pre HRT still
And voices take a while to train, some are less fortunate than others.
And, seriously, do people not accept streams without pointless facecams anymore ? Fucking autism
>>
>Great at vdiya gayms
>Practically a mute
>Just upgraded to a monster rig
>Don't want to become self-conscious while streaming "Am I doing good? Are they bored?"
>Only have shit music downloaded to cover the silence
>>
I stream video games for my buddies every now and then. The random people that show up seem to think we're funny.
>>
But I do
And for week of Halloween I will be playing horror themed games starting with the Fatal Frame series Blind
>>
>>268952085

thats the thing. I dont have C++ mastered

Im stil learning unions and classes
>>
I do every once in a while. Last game I played was Chrono Trigger. Haven't beaten it so I need to get back on that soon.

I mainly play SNES games cause its easier to stream I think
>>
>>268942997

My internet is shit
>>
>>268951198
what?
>>
>>268943493

lol what the fuck does this even mean

you delusional jealous fucks get me every time

"yeah so he makes $10k a month streaming, but at least I have my integrity!"

eat shit
>>
>>>268947609
>And you won't get any viewers without a cam
Guess I'm never going to be e-famous then.
>>
File: flower.jpg (9KB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
flower.jpg
9KB, 260x260px
Although everyone says I'm spontaneous and funny I'm not that confident because my accent is atrocious. But i would like to do some streaming of old PC games or some CRPGs.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (53KB, 697x494px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
53KB, 697x494px
This is why.
>>
i almost always stream whatever i'm playing on pc, but i just do it 'cause my friends like to watch. most viewers i've ever had was like 8.
>>
>>268953387
>$10k
this is what kids really believe
>>
I've streamed some stuff for friends but recently I've been having issues with my Channel having audio looping or stuff even when I mute my channel.

Plus I don't really know what to use besides XSplit.
>>
>>268953929

>10k in a single donation from Amhai

Fix'd
>>
>>268942997
I've been thinking about making a youtube channel dedicated to reviews of old games and forgotten games, mainly from the Ps1 and Ps2 era.
The thing is I'd probably do that in my native language, not in english.
>>
>>268953845
Get some fans and replace thermal paste asap.
>>
>>268952269
I always see this gif, but where is it actually from?
>>
>>268952098
I haven't taken any hrt, if you're expecting it to improve your voice you're going to be really disappointed. HRT has no effect on your voice.

Yes, facecams are the standard, maybe if you have a cute enough voice you can get away with something stupid like a feet cam.
>>
>>268953362
Am I missing any other reasons people would watch others play vi(dy)a instead of doing so themselves?
>>
>>268954086
>not in english
>obscure and old game reviews

>expecting to get any more than 1,000 views per video

Lol
>>
File: 14062141581012.png (20KB, 275x200px) Image search: [Google]
14062141581012.png
20KB, 275x200px
>>268954026
>mfw I dont even know what you are talking about because I dont watch other people playing video games
Smells like chargeback.
>>
>>268954216
If they're funny and/or interesting.

You fucking autist
>>
File: link.png (151KB, 479x358px) Image search: [Google]
link.png
151KB, 479x358px
>>268942997
>Twitch
>>
>>268954487
Any other streaming site?
>>
>>268954317
Meh, there's already plenty of english speakers that take a look back at old games.
>>
>>268954605
Not even him but can't expect much if you aren't planning to do them in English.
>>
File: 1413990818683.gif (1MB, 284x356px) Image search: [Google]
1413990818683.gif
1MB, 284x356px
>>268954436
i meant to quote him from before
plus correct his spelling
you gimp fuck
>>
>>268954392
>Smells like chargeback

You should google it, he doesn't chargeback
>>
>>268954216
Fuck, I really need to remember to proofread when posting by phone
>>
Streaming is the single greatest contributor to cancer in gaming period. The entire concept fosters a sense of narcissism and a focus more on the caster rather than the material being cast. Secondly the entire community festering around these self absorbed shit heads is revolting. Every single time I see a twitch chatlog I want to vomit. It's just endless spam of stupid shitty faces or repeated phrases nonstop. It's like a shitposting thread on php. Why can't people just play video games for their own enjoyment rather than trying to derive pleasure from feeding their ego through others or just milking it for money?
>>
>>268942997
But I am. I just don't put my voice over anything. I stream 1080p gameplay with no commentary.

Some people drop by and watch me play now and again, but I don't really care. What I'm actually doing is exporting all of my broadcasts to my Youtube channel and creating an archive of all of my gameplay. By doing this I don't take up hard drive space with huge video files from recordings. Why? The hell if I know, maybe I have some type of OCD. But it gives me some weird sense of completion or accomplishment to have recordings of all my gameplay neatly numbered on Youtube. Generally I break them down into 45-60 minutes parts.

Maybe someday I'll do commentary.
>>
I play games for fun, I don't want any added pressure while playing CSGO. All my teammates are already judging me ._.
>>
File: 1366673961443.gif (306KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
1366673961443.gif
306KB, 500x367px
>>268942997
I have, not that it really matters because either way I have 0 viewers.

Oh well, I'll keep at it and one day I'll get some viewers. At least I'm doing this for fun and not for money.
>>
>>268954695
Well, I guess it'll be a good opportunity to practice my English then.
>>
Because I'm too lazy to set up my audio so that everyone stops hearing angry Germans saying shit while I play vidya.
>>
File: flatface.jpg (19KB, 324x318px) Image search: [Google]
flatface.jpg
19KB, 324x318px
>>268954758

How she do dat!?
>>
A friend was bored and asked me to stream what I was playing so he could watch me play.

I talk to myself all the time, but I just felt weird when I had a mic on and knew people were watching and listening to me. I spent most of the time in silence.

Never bothered since then.
>>
>>268942997
I occasionally stream some sega games like gunstar heroes and chakan the forever man to about 1 person.
>>
>>268954935
If it's not your thing it's not your thing. Part of the appeal I think is it's just interesting to watch how other people play through a game you've already beaten to see what they do differently. Most LPers and streamers are cock gargling self-absorbed asswipes as you said, but a select few of them I really like.
>>
>>268954592
Yeah, hitbox.

Even less autistic than gamurgurl/tryhard funny central.

Try it.
>>
>>268954758
>I can't even get my leg half way up
Jesus Christ
>>
I actually just bothered to learn how a couple of days ago. Mostly I've just been streaming RO2.
>>
>>268955032
Do them in English and practice it. It helps to not have a fat accent. I mean honestly look at pewdiepie. I don't like him but his accent is practically gone
>>
File: mytwitch.png (7KB, 475x171px) Image search: [Google]
mytwitch.png
7KB, 475x171px
>implying i haven't
fuck you /v/ im having fun
>>
>>268955330

I've just probably had some bad experiences to be honest. I've had guild leaders that make a huge fucking deal about streaming during raids or pvp or the like. The guild or group generally suffers because people try to be funny for the stream and it comes off as super forced and cheesy and it really feels to me as if it keeps a guild from gelling around themselves as friends because of that outside interference. It always strikes me how different people act when they find out they're on a stream rather than just playing normally. It's like how in real life people suddenly find they're on TV so they have to do some stupid ass shit to stand out. That same crap plays out in games and it just really grates on me.

I think some streaming is totally fine, for instance tournament streams or match streaming by a 3rd party observer. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to really see high level play for games I enjoy and I think this aspect of streaming is really a great thing.
>>
I don't even know what kind of PC and Internet you would need to stream.
>>
>>268956403
God damn, I only have 1/100th of those views total. How do you get people in the door?
>>
>>268955021
link pls
ill watch you anon
>>
Because the upload speed in this shithole isn't adequate for streaming
>>
>>268956403
twitch name?
>>
>>268956590
YakinikuParty
I have zero idea what game I want to stream besides BF4, and don't mind all the shitty placeholder buttons while I photoshop new shit

Probably will have my stream up tomorrow at some point. Unfortunately got a lot of shit to do today.
>>
>>268956562
im a NEET (besides a joke of online collage)
im atractive and semi trappy
and i stream every day im playing vydia every day so why not stream
>>
>>268956837
:^) i stole the pannels off the internet
>>
Because who the fuck wants to watch someone grind on E.Y.E. For 3 hours, and play shit games because I have a toaster?
>>
I used to stream and had around 150 followers and over 100,000 viewers over my time streaming.

I stopped streaming because I stopped having fun with it, and stopped playing the game that I was "known" for streaming

Looking back on it, I probably just fell off, became irrelevant and all that fun shit.

I'm probably going to get asked to prove it, but I deleted the account because actual friends started finding it and seeing all the stupid shit I'd do on stream.
>>
>>268956562
Play games as soon as they come out
Play the most popular games
Do good
Look attractive
Have tits
Do shit outside of twitch (tournaments, youtube, whatever)
Have events on your channel (24 hour stream, friends as guests, giveaways)
Etc.
>>
I probably could if I had the money to get a decent PC rig and and a good mic/headset. I mean I have fiber-optic internet, a gigantic game collection (1000+ PC games for example), and my friends say I kinda sound a little like Yahtzee.
(Probably because I come from South-East England, and we have a very neutral British accent)

Problem is though, I have the attention span of a knat, so I'd probably end up talking about random shit and switching games all the time. If I even remembered to stream in the first place.
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/user/DasRidray
Like I'm not working on it as we speak. All I gotta do now is record some shit. I think I'll up load bayo2 footage first.
>>
>>268956562
>>268957028
*Also, stream consistently at consistent times
Try to get other twitch users to host/promote you
>>
>>268956871
Ah. Hard for me to stream every day because of Canadian internet being unanimously shit and my work schedule being all over the place.

Plus other hobbies eat up time as well.

>>268957028
Well, I can cover a few of those at least. Still have no clue exactly what I want to do on Youtube besides reviews. I'd love some P&P RPG discussions from a player or GM perspective, but that'd be more of a podcast sort of thing and not exactly something that would go well just by myself.
>>
>>268957000
>click on a video
>first words I hear are "edgy; le edge"
Why
>>
>>268957293
So put the podcast on youtube then
>>
File: 1412662297246.gif (17KB, 130x129px) Image search: [Google]
1412662297246.gif
17KB, 130x129px
>>268957409
because i have fun with friends
you should try it some time
>>
>>268942997

Woolie how do I stop chewing on my labret all the time?
>>
>>268957293
stream a podcast about games and just focus on audio
>>
>>268957421
Yeah, I would do it on youtube. But like I said, something like that would definitely require more people.

I'll figure that out at some point. I'll probably get more reviews going after I get a streaming PC so the capture card can get some console footage on top.
>>
>>268942997
Because I'm not a girl nor do I have boobs.
>>
>>268958025
That's not a prerequisite for streaming. Just for EZ money.
>>
>>268956871
>im atractive and semi trappy

Pics now.
>>
>>268958025
>who is lirik
>>
>>268958226
>Not streaming for money
>>
480p/720p I stream just about any type of game besides assfaggots and anime bullshit. Thinking about playing payday 2 right now or TERA. My twitch is Lmaolikeac0w
>>
I would really like to do reviews on youtube, but can never come up with the energy to really dedicate myself to just reviewing some of my favourite games to become familiar with the process.
plus I feel like most reviewers on youtube had to do let's play shit to get a base following before putting out reviews.
>>
>>268958226
Even so, look at the views with girls compared to those of dudes. You got a few dudes with lots of views but not so much donations and a lot of girls with less views but more donations.
I'm gonna be honest, if I was to stream I would go full jewish and do it for the money.
>>
>>268958272
>semi trappy
>semi atractive

im to lazy to be a trap, and im not disgustingif i wanted to trap the potential is there
>>268957000
i use a face cam anon
>>
I just put all my shit up on Youtube with commentary. I only have like 7 or 8 full playthroughs up. It's a lot of work doing all that editing, I'm still working on The Evil Within and Alien in between work and friends.

I just usually talk about gameplay, atmosphere and the development process itself as opposed to Game Grumps or Markiplier jokes stuff. Plus I don't want to whore my channel out so I don't have a lot of view.

One day, I might be something.
>>
>>268958512
fuck I am thinking about finishing Birth By Sleep with Aqua on critical anyone interested?
>>
>>268958413
I have a job for that.

>>268958604
Be glad you aren't then, because you'd be poor for a long time.
>>
>>268958625
Then do some work bro and grab that cash.
>>
>>268958774
thats the plan
>>
>you'll never have 3 local friends to let's play vidya with
>>
>>268958420
You don't talk much
>>
>>268958762
Yeah, then again I got a stable job. E-celebs and shit come and go, chances are if it was rolling it would stale in no time.

>>268958980
Go cry somewhere else.
>>
>>268958762
>I have a job for that.

>Not wanting to make extra money on the side
>>
>>268959039
You are right I don't and its a problem. I fell like I would deter viewers if I just rambled everything off the top of my head then just sit there and try to let them enjoy the game. Besides I always am up for discussions about anything or giving out advice
>>
Because livestream has way less delay than twitch.
>>
>>268959198
I wouldn't MIND if I got cash on the side, by all means.

I'm just saying that's not what I aim to do. There's a difference between streaming for fun and getting donations/tips from people who want to, and intending to stream just for money like it's a job.
>>
>>268959356
>and intending to stream just for money like it's a job.

True but at the same time, gaming is a hobby, at least for me. The fact that people wanna watch you do shit is something you could profit from big time.
>>
>>268959736
But sooner or later you will start liking the cash. Then you will end up begging for money and doing all kind of degrading shit.
>>
>>268959736
Yeah. What I mean is that you can look at some streamers that have low view counts, and yet they still have donation links and everything up.

I'm not even going to put up one until people actually ask, much less talk to a tax professional.
>>
>>268960073
Like many streamers. Yeah if it comes that far I'll would just stop and do whatever I wanna do, your own boss then, if you wanna stop you stop. Will piss off some people though I guess, but that happens

>>268960165
That's understandable, that whole plox donate shit is something you shouldn't do if you have a few views. Unless you got some boobs going on of course.
>>
>>268960073
anon pls
>>
File: 1369479891768.jpg (95KB, 543x521px) Image search: [Google]
1369479891768.jpg
95KB, 543x521px
Not even my friends come to watch my streams.
>>
>>268961135
ill watch your streams
>>
I made an honest go at it for a few months earlier this year... But honestly, it's just difficult to get a following. I don't wanna just play a new release to get "easy viewers" because who is to say I want to play that new release?

It would seem that those who get big had some luck or piggy backed on another person.

I'd really love to be a small channel with 50 viewers each night, because I love playing SP games and talking about them. It's whatever. I may give it another go after this semester. I am investing in a nice microphone so that should help.
>>
>>268961135
What are you playing?
Ill watch.
>>
>>268942997
>ugly
>living with my parents
>I don't want them to hear me be literally a Pewdiepie/Markpiler
>Shit at games
>>
>>268961335

Also my hardware is starting to show it's dated. 2010 build, but I'm not very motivated to build a new rig right now. It handles anything I want to play just fine, but streaming and playing are two different beasts. In the future I'd love to have a dedicated streaming PC.
>>
>>268948694
I'm familiar with that.
>>
File: 11.jpg (27KB, 284x350px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
27KB, 284x350px
>>268944227
>>268948853
>also Dutch
>actually sound "okayish"
>have nothing special to stream since I only play shitty games nobody wants to watch or I lack a capture card

Last time I streamed was during the summer of 2010 or 2011. I streamed mystical ninja starring goemon and I got 30 people tops. It was fun I guess, but it feels stupid to start streaming now considering all these people in it just to milk it for money.
>>
Streaming shitty thawk on ultra Twitch maolikeac0w
>>
>>268942997
thanks doc
>>
Would anyone be interested in watching a stream of bayo2 tomorrow?
>>
>>268942997
I did for a while, got tired of burning up data when nobody would ever watch
>>
99% of them are pirated, I don't want to go to jail ;_;
>>
The best way to get a following is by doing something other than streaming first and building on that popularity.

Just start making short videos and post them on youtube. You can exploit glitches and bugs in games, show some quirky games, corrupt games everyone recognizes, and so on. Once you've built up a small fanbase, just start doing streams every now and then juggling between the same kind of content and playing games you want to play.
>>
>>268962152
just say they are not are u dumb?
>>
File: 1414039886994.jpg (10KB, 199x200px) Image search: [Google]
1414039886994.jpg
10KB, 199x200px
>Almost every streamer uses sub only chat now
Reason I stopped watching twitch
>>
>>268962904
>watching people with a sub buttion
have fun with your sellouts
Thread posts: 155
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.