[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://nintendoeverything.com/sakur ai-on-the-clone-characte

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 588
Thread images: 88

File: 250px-MasahiroSakurai[1].png (110KB, 250x326px) Image search: [Google]
250px-MasahiroSakurai[1].png
110KB, 250x326px
http://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-on-the-clone-characters-in-smash-bros-wii-u3ds/

Youre going to eat it and youre gonna like it
>>
>There are 3 fighters [Lucina, Dark Pit, and Doctor Mario] that are alternate models (clones) in the game. Each was originally a color variation, but during development, they were given balanced characteristics. Since their functionality had differences, forms were separated from each other. However, it was vital that this didn’t increase the required man-hours. Some relative tuning was sufficient as it wasn’t necessary to create balancing from scratch.

> This is like a free dessert after a luxurious meal that was prepared free of charge. In a restaurant with this type of service, I don’t think there’s anybody who would say, “Change this to a meat dish!!”

Yet, I’m told [to do that] about Smash Bros. But, I guess since a lot of them are children, it cannot be helped.

:^)

Could you please leave it to me to select [characters] with man-hours and costs in mind? However you look at it, the game is a great bargain buy as a result.

See, you guys are jerks!
>>
It's not like clones took other characters spots.
>>
It doesnt say anything we didnt know. The issue is with clones taking up character spots, which some people claim they do and some say they dont. I wouldnt mind clones not taking character spots, but it sure seems that way.
>>
>>267170564
so what made them think alt costumes would have slightly different attack properties?
>>
He sounded pretty passive-agressive
>>
He sounds tired of everyone's shit.
>>
>>267171089
>>
>ridley is a color for charizard
>not good enough to be his own clone
Kek
>>
>Sakurai goes on to say that Lucina and Marth have different sword properties. While Dark Pit and Pit are the same, making Dark Pit a separate character was required in order to give him “his unique arm and Final Smash”. And as far as Dr. Mario is concerned, the team felt “old Dr. Mario fans would not agree to Dr. Mario being the same as Mario, so we went on to give him a unique customizable set.”
>>
>>267171153
>>267171203
He is. His wording obviously expresses that.

>>267171089
Thats some creative thinking for you "Maybe it would be neat to have female marth do this a little different" Then again, im just speculating.
>>
Still doesn't excuse Dark Pit. If you wanted to make a costume into a full character, Alph would have been a better choice.
>>
>>267171369
>Could you please leave it to me to select [characters] with man-hours and costs in mind?

He's pretty telling rosterfags to fuck right off
>>
>>267171534
It literally didn't take any extra resources to make him though, and Alph plays exactly the same as Olimar in the games.
>>
Sakurai's head is so far up his own ass
>>
Would saying

>a clone character takes up a potential new character!

be on the same level as

>pirating a game takes away a potential sale!

I'm not trying to defend or attack or stir shit with this
>>
File: 1274650192783.jpg (36KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1274650192783.jpg
36KB, 640x360px
>Yet, I’m told [to do that] about Smash Bros. But, I guess since a lot of them are children, it cannot be helped.

outstanding
>>
>>267171534
Why though? Because of the weapons and characteristics in Kid Icarus Uprising, Dark Pit has enough material to be a unique character (even though they took the clone approach, he still has enough variation)
There is little they could do to differentiate Olimar and Alph.
>>
>>267171534
Yes, let's literally make a clone of a character that nobody plays.
>>
File: 1374029926275.gif (197KB, 480x270px)
1374029926275.gif
197KB, 480x270px
>>267170767
>>
>>267171635
Kid Icarus shouldn't have 3 reps.
Dark Pit is too minor of a character in a minor series to be a full fledged selectable character.
Pikmin is a more popular series, Alph should have been picked over Dark Pit.
>>
>It can't be helped
>>
>>267171534
Actually, it does.

Dark Pit using the three sacred treasures wouldn't make sense as a costume. Neither would Dr. Mario with FLUDD.

Alph does the exact same things that Olimar can do, no reason for a separate slot for him. Same thing for FemRobin.
>>
>>267171850
>too minor of a character
Yes never mind that about a quarter of the chapters featured him, including both finales, and one had you play as him.
>>
File: wee-bey-gif.gif (1MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
wee-bey-gif.gif
1MB, 200x200px
I'm more concerned if Smash 3DS to Wii U will become a trend that Nintendo follow. Even though it has been planned to have come out for both versions much before TPP, what if they took a page from Konami's book to sell the same game twice? Or what if they took the same route ever major third party does, like Rockstar, to take advantage of double dippers? Could third parties benefit from releasing a 3DS 'teaser', and then releasing the 'full version' on the Wii U?
>>
>>267171850
>pikmin is more popular
Kek
>>
>>267171948
sorry i havent actually played the game lol i dont care though i just wanted eren jager in
>>
>>267171920
Alph doesn't use the same ship as Olimar, yet he uses it in his final smash.

Oh wait, Sakurai doesn't care about that, but he cares about his shitty Dark character having a proper final smash.
>>
The characters are fucking fine, Sakurai.

Address the need to make every stage into a hazard festival. That's the real issue here.
>>
>>267171153
He hates the shit out of the fanbase. He just wanted a party game.
>>
>>267171850
Why does it matter that a lesser franchise got a clone? It doesn't automatically diminish the value of bigger franchises
>>
>Alph who is an entirely separate character from Olimar is an alt
>Dr. Mario, Mario in a lab coat, is his own character
>Dark Pit, literally a Pit clone, is his own character
>Peach can't even get a proper Daisy alt to shut Daisyfags up
And yet you faggots will defend everything he does like it's the word of God
>>
>>267172093
Wow, so you think a reskin for JUST the final smash is enough to warrant Alph being his own character?
You do know, they could've just not included Alph at all right? It would make no difference since he is more of a carbon copy of Olimar than Dark Pit is to Pit; because Dark Pit actually has a seperate personality, goal, etc.
Play Kid Icarus Uprising, then you might be allowed to have a say on this
>>
>>267172270
>Wow, so you think a reskin for JUST the final smash is enough to warrant Alph being his own character?

It was enough for Dark Pit. :^)
>>
>>267172229
Alph is just a ugly olimar
>>
>>267172324
Read the rest of the post
>>
File: 1394821660013.jpg (46KB, 313x215px)
1394821660013.jpg
46KB, 313x215px
>>267171920
>POTD literally says Alph never used white or purple pikmin
>Olimar uses Flying Pikmin too
>DARK PIT CAN'T POSSIBLY HAVE USED THESE ITEMS
>>
>>267170564
I'm not surprised he's upset, things did go overboard for awhile. I am surprised that he seems to think that everyone who's disappointed will buy it anyway. That's just a cunty assumption.
>>
>>267172093
And that's literally it. A cosmetic detail that doesn't affect gameplay in the slightest. Not enough for a slot.
>>
>>267172426
Alph uses them in multiplayer.
>>
>>267172080
Ladies and gentlemen, this anon kindly summed up all the Dark Pit haters.
>>
Alph uses rock and pink PIKMIN, but not white and purple, and has a different ship from Olimar's final smash. Stop saying they do the exact same shit
>>
>>267170564

Sakurai is pretentious fuck who continually shits on everyone who likes his games. More news at 11.

Also:
>Falco
>Ganondorf
>not clones
>>
File: 1411529612649.gif (189KB, 200x200px)
1411529612649.gif
189KB, 200x200px
>>267170767
>Yet, I’m told [to do that] about Smash Bros. But, I guess since a lot of them are children, it cannot be helped.
>Could you please leave it to me to select [characters] with man-hours and costs in mind?

BLOWN
THE
FUCK
OUT

I'm still sad about Mewtwo not coming back though
>>
>>267172436
He's right, they will bitch about Ridley or whoever the flavor of the month side character not being included and buy it later.
>>
I do like how pissy he gets with nerds sometimes, but fuck Dark Pit.
>>
>>267171948
Wow he's only relevant for one game big fucking whoop
>>
Any character that's name is just "Adjective MainCharacter" can go fuck themselves.

Fuck Toon Link. Fuck Dr. Mario. Fuck Dark Pit. All 3 are total fucking wastes.
>>
>>267172620
The point is he's not unique and different enough from Olimar despite those things. But because of the story driven nature of Kid Icarus Uprising, we know enough about Dark Pit that him being his own character in Smash makes at least sense.
>>
>>267170564
>This is like a free dessert after a luxurious meal that was prepared free of charge.
Yeah, let's just all pirate this game since it's meant to be free.
>>
>>267172743
So is Alph; and he's got two other protagonists with him who also do the exact same shit he does.
Dark Pit has way more right to be his own Smash character than Alph; and I'm saying this as someone who's dissappointed he's a clone
>>
>>267172375
And Dark Put is just a sexier Pit, what's your point
>>
>falco, Ganon, toon link, dr mario, dark pit, and Lucina kept one original character out of smash
>>
>>267172775
The story doesn't effect how the character plays you fucking retard. Alph having different Pikmin would already make him more unique than Dark Pit and 2 changes from regular Pit.
>>
>>267172093
And what's wrong with that? It's like expecting a parent to favor someone else's child. At least people play Dark Pit.
>>
>In a restaurant with this type of service, I don’t think there’s anybody who would say, “Change this to a meat dish!!”
> I don’t think there’s anybody

Samuari confirmed for never visiting 4chan.
>>
>>267172631
Falco was only a clone in Melee. Well he's a clone in PM too but that's a different discussion
>>
>>267172759

But Toon Link plays completely differently from regular Link. Dr. Mario and Dark Pit have a couple of moves changed. They're no different from choosing a different color palette and using custom moves.
>>
>>267173010
Not at all, rock pikmin are just purple pikmin and flying pikmin are just for recovery
>>
>>267173067
More like confirmed to not listening to anyone.
>>
>>267170767
>food analogy

Wow, what a fag
>>
>>267170564
"Characters from a series that has no future are rarely chosen."

Explains the lack of Ridley.
>>
The only clone that bothers me is Dr. Mario because he's a clone of the most boring character in the fucking game. Oh boy, two fucking Marios. Woohoo.
>>
>>267173123
They have star changes like speed, power and launching
>>
>>267172157
It's weird. I understand that tourneyfags want this game to be more tourney-oriented, since it does have potential for that.

But I get what Sakurai wants, he doesn't this game to favor a niche crowd who doesn't even care about Nintendo and that's unwelcoming to new players.
>>
The Koopalings all have different personalities and don't drive the clown car nor become Shadow Mario

But no you're right it makes absolutely no sense for Dark Pit to use Pit's final smash and his personality is so different let's give him his own slot :^)
>>
File: 1385098635151.gif (344KB, 549x376px) Image search: [Google]
1385098635151.gif
344KB, 549x376px
>>267170564

>Could you please leave it to me to select [characters] with man-hours and costs in mind? However you look at it, the game is a great bargain buy as a result.
>>
>I-IT'S FREE SHIT!
Oh, Sakurai.
>>
>>267170767
>However you look at it, the game is a great bargain buy as a result.
Not really when 64, brawl and melee exist
>>
>>267173123
what pisses me off about toon link is that link has a shit-ton of items and weapons.

yet they both get boomerang, box, bombs, and spin-attack. oh, and hookshot grapple.

No, don't need to use any of the other grappling items featured in wind waker or the DS zeldas. don't need to give him a slingshot like Young Link uses. fuck.
>>
>>267173261
Whats funny is that someone from here actually said near the same thing in one of the other smash threads, could it be that Sakurai visits /v/?
>>
File: 1405709637459.png (738KB, 1010x707px)
1405709637459.png
738KB, 1010x707px
>a lot of them are children
Cry baby fags getting BTFO
>>
So Sakurai is a piece of shit? Got it.

>MUH MAN HOURS, MUH COST

You're funded and supported by Nintendo, douche. Not like they're gonna suddenly stop funding SUPER FUCKING SMASH GOD DAMN BROTHERS if you ask for some more support.

I can see he gets more aggressive in his comments every time. Good, hopefully this means he's getting fed up with it and he can fuck off and give Smash back to HAL Labs, the TRUE geniuses behind the success that was Melee. It irks me that Saku-cunt gets all this praise.
>>
>>267173364
Not to mention they really vary in size. Half of them look retarded with Jr.'s height.
>>
>>267173010
If Alph was his own character, he would be closer to Olimar than Dark Pit is to Pit.
What? Would he throw Pikmin a little further? Would he pluck a little slower? Seriously.

Kid Icarus Uprising had the worldbuilding of the weapons, and dialogue which made the characters have personalities (whether or not they are good ones is subjective). Sakurai just decided time was more important and didn't impliment this into the character.

The Pikmin protagonists are mute. We don't have a lot to go on to differentiate Alph from Olimar except "he doesnt use some kinds of Pikmin".

Let's say, hypothetically, time and funds were taken to make Alph and Dark Pit both fleshed out, non-clone characters. It would be EXTREMELY difficult to do so for Alph; he would be about as different as Dr.Mario is to Mario.
Dark Pit, on the other hand, would probably have more care taken to him by Sakurai because of his favouritism, and would have some of the many weapons and mechanics from Kid Icarus Uprising that they didn't use on Pit.

Face it; Dark Pit is way, WAY more worthy of his own fighter than Alph.
>>
>This is like a free dessert after a luxurious meal that was prepared free of charge

How about you made more ats like Daisy or Dry Bowser or Link and Samus costumes fuck it just don't waste time turning costumes into characters when you could make more costumes.
>>
>>267173285

And Duck Hunt Dog, am I right?
>>
>>267173453
>brawl
>better than kerfuffle
only if you mod it
>>
>>267172905
>Dark Pit has way more right to be his own Smash character than Alph; and I'm saying this as someone who's dissappointed he's a clone
Fuck no, Pikmin is way more fucking relevant and deserving of another rep than Kid Icarus
>>
>A lot of them are children
Who is worst?
Kayima or Sakurai
>>
File: 1411959592276.png (525KB, 935x904px) Image search: [Google]
1411959592276.png
525KB, 935x904px
>Samurai goes full damage control
>food analogy
>>
>>267173645
Why though? The characters in Pikmin all do exactly the same shit the same way and don't even have personalities
>>
>Sean malstrom is right
>>
This guy seems like such an ass.
You could call him the actual Japanese Phil Fish.
>>
>>267173569
You never played Pikmin 3 did you? That game is nonstop talking between Alpha and his cohorts
>>
File: lLTfTpI.jpg (209KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
lLTfTpI.jpg
209KB, 720x960px
>>267173654
Sakurai because he still makes shit games and complains.

At least Kamiya's executive decisions aren't shit.
>>
So where's Wolf and Lucas
>>
>>267171369
>While Dark Pit and Pit are the same, making Dark Pit a separate character was required in order to give him “his unique arm and Final Smash”

You could have had that "unique" arm as a custom move for Pit. And Dark Pit's Final Smash isn't unique, you just took Zelda's FS and slapped it onto DP.

The man is either stupid or really pretentious if he honestly believes this shit.
>>
>>267173803
And you obviously never played Kid Icarus Uprising, because you would know about all the weapons and abilities, and how Dark Pit and Pit have clashing ideals.
>>
>>267173654
Kamiya actually listens to what people want and doesn't skip on any type of fanservice.
>>
>>267173654
When Sakurai starts making 'yo mamma' jokes and using CAPS LOCK it'll be a more of a fight.
>>
>>267173569
>Pikmin characters
>mute
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9YTYmM9OJ8
>>
>>267173834
This chick looks almost exactly like a friend of mine. Except, my friend is almost flat.
>>
>>267173998
HAS YO MAMA EVER MADE A GAME?
>>
The rosterfags and tourneyfags are slowly turning Sakurai into the next Kamiya.
>>
>>267172384
His personality doesn't mean shit

fucking ROB is in the game. It doesn't matter what their personality is like.
>>
>>267173927
Where did I even talk about uprising
>>
>>267173569
>A character whose whole shtick is that he's a black recolor of the main character is more deserving than a character derivative of a past one with a different personality and use different items and tools.
>>
File: 1404011144420.gif (423KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1404011144420.gif
423KB, 400x300px
>/v/ getting BTFO
>>
File: 10.jpg (48KB, 429x377px) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
48KB, 429x377px
>>267170564
>Dr. Mario fans
>>
>>267171369
>>Sakurai goes on to say that Lucina and Marth have different sword properties. While Dark Pit and Pit are the same, making Dark Pit a separate character was required in order to give him “his unique arm and Final Smash”

How about you make them original characters you lazy piece of shit.
>>
File: super dev bros.jpg (135KB, 600x800px)
super dev bros.jpg
135KB, 600x800px
>>267173654
Sorry but Sakurai still has a lot to learn from the master.
>>
>>267174126
You're talking about Dark Pit, who is a secondary character in Uprising
>>
>>267174074
Kamiya has a lot of good games under his belt though.
>>
>>267170564

He gave this explanation about clone characters a good while ago.

Why are you making threads about it now?
>>
>>267170564
Damn, this guy has an ego.

I really hope he isn't in charge of the next smash.
>>
>making Dark Pit a separate character was required in order to give him “his unique arm and Final Smash”
>could have been a custom move for Pit, since everyone and their mother has an electric attack
>Final Smash is literally Zelda's
>>
>>267173654
Kamiya doesn't seem to cut corners on his games

And then compare it to a free dessert
>>

BTFO
>>
>>267174137
You haven't played Kid Icarus Uprising, please don't reply.
>>
>>267173927
And you've obviously never played a Mario game with Koopalings who all have different items, abilities, and personalities
>>
>"Hey faggots, we have fucking budgets and deadlines so we can't cater to your little autistic needs. You're gonna buy the fucking game so shut the fuck up"

how can one man be so based?
>>
>>267173285
And Ice Climbers, and ROB, and Duck Hunt, and Ness, and Captain Falcon.
>>
>"the game is a great bargain buy as a result"
>No Adventure mode of any kind
>No break the targets/board the platforms
>NO EVENT MATCHES AT ALL
>Smash Run gets repetitive immediately and is only worthwhile for farming items
>most of the character customization is kind of bland anyway
>"but we threw in a few extra characters for dessert"
Unless the Wii U version steps it up in a big way, this is the least content the series has had since fucking Smash 64.
>>
>>267174180
I haven't mentioned anything about dark pit. I don't care that he's in the game
>>
>>267173654
Kamiya at least gives a shit about his games and doesn't cut shit because his hand hurts.
>>
>>267174305
>based
>>
Just admit falco was a poor choice.
He should have been cut after melee
>>
>>267170767
HAHAHAHA BTFO BY FUCKING SAKURAI
>>
>>267174305
>based
>>
>>267174361
You were responding to an argument that was saying Dark Pit is more deserving of a character than Alph; not just shitting on Alph.
>>
File: 1412094355642.jpg (81KB, 469x746px) Image search: [Google]
1412094355642.jpg
81KB, 469x746px
It's true, I've been telling "MUH SLOTS" fags since Toon Link was announced that having a clone character doesn't mean an original character automatically cut in their favor. It's just a way to pad the roster.

Of course this won't stop angsty ridleyfags and retarded Ashley pedophiles stop shitting their pants, but they are just too far gone that it's no use talking to them anymore.
>>
>Sakurai
>Keeping his word
lel
>>
>>267174287
Oh sorry, I forgot that a character who actually plays EXACTLY like the protagonist in a level has more potential than a character whose has distinct mechanics.
>>
>>267174409

Falco (and Ganondorf / Toon Link) would be great additions if they weren't clones.
>>
>>267173346

That's not it though, Tourneyfags are an extreme on one side of the spectrum, Sakurai is the opposite extreme. Most of us sit comfortably in the middle, Sakurai doesn't want what "we" want, when Sakurai says party game he is thinking "Mario Party".
>>
>>267174487
Hi, just giving you a reply, because your post is completely true but nobody ever responds to ones like it. Just letting you know someone aknowledges and agrees with you.
>>
>>267174360
>more characters than Melee
>more songs than Melee
>more stages than Melee
>more trophies than Melee
>>
>>267173907
If there's no other characters launching initially with the Wii U version I'm not buying it. That article links to one about how he chooses characters for the roster and half of it is blatant lies. "Do these characters franchises have a future?" Yeah I'm sure Game n Watch, ROB, Captain Falcon, etc are gonna have a great future.

Don't get me wrong, not saying characters like Falcon should be cut, but he's talking out of his goddamn ass. Nobody calls him out on it though because he's Sakurai-sama, pure and perfect.
>>
>>267174305
>based
>>
>>267173907
It really didn't have to be unique, it just had to be different from Pit's
>>
>>267174487

less content > bad filler
>>
>>267174576
lol? But all the Pikmin characters play exactly the same
>>
>>267174476
No, I responded to the false statement that the pikmin protagonists are mute.
You can go crazy over defending pittoo but don't start shitting on things you don't know. Just makes you look worse
>>
>>267173469
Even more so because Toon link is the hero of the wind. HE could have had fucking wind powers for fucks sake.

Down B= Pick up random colour piggy and throw it.
Side B= Wind current that pushes and hurts enemies
Up B = Deku Leaf
B = Megaton fucking hammer

There, done. Unique character. But noo, muh man hours and costs

fucking shit, half the shit that's back its taken directly from previous smash's
>>
>>267172667
Even Nintendo hates acknowledges the fact how manchildren gravitate toward their games.

Sakurai here outright disses them for it.
Fucking amazing.
>>
>>267174646
>comparing it to a game over a decade old that had a much smaller budget and is 2 predecessors ago
>>
File: 1373548506419.gif (2MB, 348x323px)
1373548506419.gif
2MB, 348x323px
>Sakurai actually calling the turbo-autists that complain about roster padding whining children

Thank you for this gift, Sakurai, you are truly the chosen one
>>
>>267174694
>filler
That only applies to stories
>>
>>267174712
But that's exactly what Dark Pit haters are doing.
>>
>>267174646
A lot of the content is recycled and what is new isn't very good.

Might just be the 3DS version.
>>
>>267174205
>Implying Kirby's Air Ride, Kid Icarus Uprising, and the Super Smash Bros. series aren't god tier vidyas.

The Kirby franchise as a whole isn't god tier, but I'd say it's above average.
>>
>>267174694
Some people like what you consider a "bad filler". There's lots of Lucina and Doc fans out there
>>
File: 1410344900418.gif (2MB, 440x440px) Image search: [Google]
1410344900418.gif
2MB, 440x440px
>This is like a free dessert after a luxurious meal
>Dr. Rehash, FeMarth, Dark Shit
>dessert
>inferior 3DS version
>a luxurious meal
>>
>Faggots are ACTUALLY defending edge pit
He's the exact fucking same, minus his side b and final smash
>>
>>267174924
They're defending his right to be a fighter, not the actual fighter himself
>>
>fucking faggot samurai we hate clones
>lol shut the fuck up nintoddler you're going to down my large meaty cock like a meat dish and me finishing in my mouth will be dark pit flying out to grace your taste buds
>>
>>267170564
HAVE YOU EVER MADE A GAME

I GUESS SINCE A LOT OF THEM ARE CHILDREN, IT CAN'T BE HELPED.
>>
>>267174887
I consider Ike, and falcon bad filler
>>
>>267174924
I bet you think Falco was perfectly acceptable when Melee came out
>>
>>267174818
Even if I played Uprising, I wouldn't want Dark Pit. Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda game, and I enjoy playing as him in Brawl, but I still think he's a complete fucking waste of a slot.
>>
>>267174830
KI:U was hampered by the platform it was on. Could have been god tier.

Brawl was okay. Just okay.

I'll give you Kirby's Air Ride though.
>>
>>267174707
EXPLAIN THE KOOPALINGS
>>
>>267174924
I hope you've never defended another clone in Smash.
Smash 64 Luigi counts.
>>
Shit, more ammo for the Ridleyfags to shitpost about. As if they aren't already insufferable enough. I just want Sakurai to come out and say "fuck you autistic ridley niggers"
>>
>>267175054
And I consider you a faggot
>>
>>267174305
>man
>>
>>267175110
You mean the clown car?
>>
>>267175110
That'd take way too much time. They could either be alternate costumes, or not in at all. That's 7 characters vs 1 you moron
>>
File: 1412450822962.jpg (197KB, 839x1083px)
1412450822962.jpg
197KB, 839x1083px
>>267174887
>lots of doc fans out there

The only people you see defending Dr. Mario are the b-but muh tornado! faggots, people were actually glad he was cut from Brawl and no one at all was expecting him to return. He was more out of left field than WFT.
>>
>>267175054
I consider my penis good filler in your mom's vagina
>>
>>267170564
We already knew this, he's just repeating this for the idiots who think Dark Pit getting in meant no Ridley.

That being said, no matter how you slice it Dark Pit was just a bad decision. He's a very lazy clone and the "well he has a different personality and mucks with canon" excuse doesn't fly as >>267173364 explains. Dr. Mario is also pretty lazy, they could've put him in through alts and customs, and this is coming from a guy who regularly uses him. I can forgive Lucina though, since her tipless blade requires you to play her completely different.

also lel dat shit food analogy

>>267174360
I think event matches are going to be in the Wii U version, since audio for it was found in the 3DS files. But yeah, I really hope it has more content. A story mode has been deconfirmed but I'm hoping for Melee's adventure mode; just a nice trek through the worlds of Nintendo.
>>
>completely forgot to even remember that Ganondorf is a clone

Let Koei Tecmo handle Ganondorf in the next Smash, Sakurai.
>>
File: IMG_0177.jpg (91KB, 703x680px)
IMG_0177.jpg
91KB, 703x680px
>>267173285
>>267173591
>>267174306
these fuckers get it... Smash 4 feel like it was done fueled by hatred and mediocrecy
>>
File: PAIN.gif (470KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
PAIN.gif
470KB, 200x200px
I would completely agree with him and be fine with clones if it wasn't for the fucking fact that Wolf, Lucas, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Snake, Ice Climbers and Mewtwo have all been cut when most of them had completely unique movesets and the clones were significantly better than the clones we got now. On top of that, Ganondorf, Falco and Toon Link are still clones, Zelda and Sheik still share a final smash.

MEANWHILE, Pit got an ENTIRELY NEW MOVESET, Palutena got entirely unique custom moves and Dark fucking Pit got a different Final Smash than Pit.

THAT is my problem, not the fact that there's clones. FIX THE FUCKING GAME BEFORE EVEN THINKING ABOUT ADDING FILLER OR EVEN NEW CHARACTERS YOU FUCKEIRNKANREJW>DNASDJALWR
>>
>>267175212
I saw plenty of people wanting him back before the game's announcement
>>
>>267172229
Isn't Doctor Mario stronger, more competitive and have the Mario tornado as his down b instead of fluud?
>>
b-but muh slots....
>>
>>267174263
so making extra characters = cutting corners?
>>
>>267174687
I agree. That reasoning is 100% bullshit. If that's how he decides who's in, then why did he leave in Ness? MOTHER is over and done with, it finished its story. None of the retro games he put on the roster has had shit recently except for Pit and that's because Sakurai himself made the game. And yes, Nintendo isn't interested in making any more F-Zero games, so why is Falcon still in the game?
>>
>>267170564
Another thread in which people complain about Sakurai and Smash 4 for petty, dumb as shit reasons.
Thanks OP, we really needed another one.
>>
ROSTERFAGS BTFO
BASED SAKURAI
>>
File: stockholm.jpg (273KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
stockholm.jpg
273KB, 600x400px
>tons of shit cut including characters
>important popular series such as Zelda, Donkey Kong and Metroid get ignored in favor joke characters and Kid Icarus, they didn't even bother to unclone Ganondorf despite reworking various other characters
>random alternate costumes are made into clones while others remain just as costumes
>a bunch of stupid shit nobody wants like tons of grinding and equipment
>smash run isn't online, can't even interact with other people like in smash run
>a bunch of options were left out for no reason whatsoever

>THANK YOU BASED SAKURAI HAHA BTFO
>>
File: 1407860875708.jpg (67KB, 600x800px)
1407860875708.jpg
67KB, 600x800px
>tfw the Wii U version will still reuse all the Brawl shit like the 3DS version did
At least update the victory themes, fuck. The majority sounded like shit in Brawl.
>>
>>267174646
Yeah, and the vast majority of that content is lazily copy-pasted from Melee and Brawl. There's only 70 songs and a bunch of them are from Brawl.
A bunch of the trophies are completely unchanged models ripped from their original games, whereas almost every single trophy in Melee had some kind of personal touch to it.

Combine that with the fact that Smash just isn't much fun to play on a portable system with relatively cluttered controls and a little slidepad stick, and I'm beginning to seriously question the need for a 3DS version at all.
>>
>>267172134
Conan O'Brien was bitching about a Pong match going on in the middle of their fight.
>>
>>267175451
Ness was in the original Smash and is a very popular Smash character, Needless to say, people would be majorly upset.
>>
>>267174287
Not That guy, but stop being retarded. Personality or not, Dark Pit is still a literal clone in moveset and looks. What's really irritating is that in brawl, Pit already had a dark alt.There's no excuse for what Sakurai did here. Stop sucking his dick and think.
>>
>>267175451
Because original 12 and he's popular, duh.
>>
>>267174646
More than half of that shit is straight from Melee and Brawl. Just look at the stages and music.
>>
>>267174646
Yes. Stages, songs and trophies really fill out the replay value of this game
>>
>>267175274
I think Dark Pit was a pretty stupid choice too, but whining about him like he destroyed the entire game is even more retarded.

I like Lucina too, I don't want her cut in the next Smash
>>
Maybe if Sakurai didn't suck his own dick all the time and maybe added a rep or two to old franchises that are still getting games and have been represented since the fucking first smash, it wouldn't have been so bad. Let's say Dixie was a Diddy clone, it would have been okay because at least DK is getting some love. Or if Funky was a semi clone of Donkey Kong it would have been okay because it's being acknowledged. I don't have a true gripe with the clones, but Mario doesn't need more reps, fire emblem doesn't really need more reps and kid Icarus DEFINITELY doesn't need more reps
>>
>>267175386
Pit got Falcon's Side B slightly reworked and Lucario's Up B without the curve, and an extra side for the shield to cover.

Thats it. Bowser got more of a revamp than Pit you stupid nigger.
>>
>>267171991
>comparing a full 3DS release to a 2-second, 1-square-inch map teaser that doesn't even feature full gameplay
>>
File: 1376697575797.jpg (12KB, 200x255px) Image search: [Google]
1376697575797.jpg
12KB, 200x255px
TLDR:

>I'm not going to waste budget on new characters, I hope you like clones because those take no effort

>you'll all eat it up and buy anyway like the little Nintentoddler sheep you are

Anyone who can't see that clones are a shitty excuse for roster characters - especially when new Smash already recycles so much from Brawl - is only fueling Nintendo's desires to take a lazier, half-assed approach.
>>
>>267175629
Quick, how many stages are completely new?

How many songs are completely new?
>>
>>267175542
Im not denying that Dark Pit is a shitty clone of Pit. My point is he has potential to NOT be a clone because of the content in KI:U.
I'm not upset by Dark Pit's inclusion in smash; I'm upset that he's a clone when they could have done something different. Anyone who thinks otherwise has obviously not played KI:U.
>>
>>267175683
Fuck off dk fag
Maybe you should have bought the new one.
>>
>>267175518
>question the need for a 3DS version at all.
No wants a Wii U, so they made a 3DS version for those people who refuse to buy it.

The sad thing is that they probably wouldn't have made a 3DS version at all if the sales were much better.
>>
>>267175693

Still better than what Ganon got, which was fucking nothing.
>>
File: 1406782608455.png (26KB, 159x135px) Image search: [Google]
1406782608455.png
26KB, 159x135px
ITT: Angry Ridleyfags

Ridley will never, never, EVER be in Smash Bros.
>>
>>267175735
Theres 6 fucking clones about of 51 characters, 3 of which play differently (Lucina, Dark Pit, Dr.Mario - Luigi, Ganondorf, Falco)
Calm the shit down
>>
>>267175735
That not it at all, they just added some clones at the last second to make the roster bigger, they did this in melee with ganon, pichu, falco, and dr mario.
>>
>>267175775
But I did and I loved it.
>>
File: bretty sad.png (62KB, 200x325px)
bretty sad.png
62KB, 200x325px
>miyamoto will never take over smash
>>
>>267175386
Are we pretending Bowser didn't get the biggest overhaul, along with Zero Suit and Charizard?
>meanwhile at Ganondorf's house
>>
Sounds about right. It's good that Sakurai tells it how it is.

The video game community still has a lot of growing up to do. It's easy for these children to piss and moan about video games when they haven't placed a single foot in the world of developing video games. Even I haven't, but I'm mature enough to be able to empathise.

Right on, Sakurai.
>>
>>267175421
>presenting literal pallete swaps as characters
>choosing to take a shortcut and pad with clones rather than going the extra mile unique character

Yes, yes it is
>>
>>267175485
>>important popular series such as Zelda, Donkey Kong and Metroid get ignored
>Zelda
>get ignored

Zelda has the most assist trophies, a shit ton of enemies, 5 separated characters, one of 3 franchises to get more than 1 new stage, and all the vets got buffed. BUT NO, ONLY NEWCOMERS COUNT
>>
>>267175840
The Wii U wasn't even on sale when Smash was announced, no one was expecting it to flop. The 3DS was selling like shit at the time, so it was probably to raise interest in that.
>>
>>267175735
Sakurai used to love making videogames. Based off some things he said, he's seeing videogames as something that only children should play and make. He feels he's outgrowing videogames.
>>
>>267175958

That's fine, he is looking after Star Fox and Metroid. Smash can suck a dick.
>>
>>267170564

Why does Sakurai dress and style his hair like an old women?
>>
>>267175958
He couldn't handle that, plus he'd make Pac-Man OP.
>>
>>267175964
>but I'm mature enough
Clearly you're not if you're trying to prove that to anonymous posters on /v/ of all places.
>>
>>267175735
Why should Sakurai even bother? He's gonna get shitted on anyways
>>
>>267175958
>we will never get Super Smash Sticker Star
;_;
>>
The only people hating on Dark Pit are people who haven't played Kid Icarus Uprising and are convinced that he replaced a character they wanted.

If you know your shit, you won't hate Dark Pit. You will be disappointed that he ended up being a clone when he had the potential to be unique.
>>
File: 1367889667297.jpg (52KB, 640x480px)
1367889667297.jpg
52KB, 640x480px
>Could you please leave it to me to select [characters] with man-hours and costs in mind? However you look at it, the game is a great bargain buy as a result.

I do not understand.

Also DP's unique final smash is just Shiek's, and the Electroshock Arm could have just been a custom variant, same with the Silver Bow Arrows.
>>
>>267175683
>Wants DK reps
>Wants them both to be clones

DK doesn't need reps to show it's influence, since they're mostly boring and irrelevant anyway. It needs Stages and Assist Trophies
>>
>>267175979

Don't forget that Ganon and toon link are clones and none of them get alt costumes except for Link's shitty reskins.
>>
>>267176065
Because he's as close-minded, stubborn, and ignorant as an old woman.
>>
>>267176065
Because attractive asian men look identical to unattractive white women.
>>
>clones don't time to make so we added a bunch!
>wolf and lucas? too much work lol
>>
>>267175485
Who else could they even add from Zelda, all the important characters are covered. Hell, people want Toon Link out of the game, you could say there's one too many already.
>>
>>267170564
the clones were tossed in to pad the roster out, when iceclimbers (any possibly others) were scrapped.
>>
>>267174983
So someone who's a color swap has more right than a more unique character?
>>267175056
Yeah he was an alternate to Fox
>>267175135
Clones at least are somewhat different. Edge Pit is worse than a clone, he's a color swap
>>
>>267175403
In Melee he was unquestionably better than Mario but in Smash 4 most people consider Mario to be better since his attacks are easier to combo with, plus the cape offers better recovery.

>>267175679
I didn't mean to come off as implying Smash 4 is shit. I like it and just about every Smash game has had a "what the fuck" addition that people will forget about as the years go by, it's just that the defenses offered for Dark Pit are pretty fuckin' dumb.
>>
>>267175524
Pft, what a fucking tourneyfag.
>>
>>267175863
>>
>>267175056
At least he's his own character. Dark Pit and Doc are literal copies of characters already in the game.
>>
File: 1338881369750.jpg (62KB, 800x440px) Image search: [Google]
1338881369750.jpg
62KB, 800x440px
>>267175979

Let's completely ignore the recurring villain of the series who has been in like 10 games and is still a clone after 3 games.

Also toon link.
>>
>>267176273
Not clones.
>>
>>267176161
This is the Smash fanbase though. A franchise could get two stages, a ton of music, three assist trophies, but just because there's no newcomers, that means they got the shaft.
>>
Sakurai tells off players about their opinions over his personal choices. Then continues to say the fanbase is nothing but children, further pushes his control over manpower and limitations despite working with Nintendo, one of the largest paid game companies in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O8kRTVkjEI
>>
File: 1399973381557.jpg (21KB, 561x413px)
1399973381557.jpg
21KB, 561x413px
The people bitching about clones aren't children, they're just autistic who don't know any better.

Still though, I appreciate him telling it how it is. Beats out the canned PR response that anyone else at Nintendo would shit out.

You faggots can't deal with reality checks. You got BTFO.
>>
>>267176120
I didn't care for Dark Pit in Uprising. Neither did the rest of the cast. I'd take Hades, Medusa, Pyrron, the Chariot Master, fucking Dog over him.
>>
>>267175840
Maybe if they had actually marketed the fucking thing within its first year, this kind of thing wouldn't be happening.
I can't believe the same company that put out the "Wii would like to play" campaign fucked up their console launch so hard. Even just calling it the "SUPER WII" probably would have been enough.
>>
>>267176161
I never said I wanted them to be clones. But if they were it'd be better than getting nothing.
But you're right there isn't enough assist trophy for DK or items
>>
>>267175849
Super Armor and some of the best customs in the game? Yeah, poor Ganny. Anyone decent with him is wrecking shit up while you're whining
>>
>>267175958
>trusting washed out and senile Miyamoto after Sticker Star

Thank god he'll never take over. He'll just uplift tea tables and make the dev crunch time experience all the more chaotic.
>>
>>267176080
I'm trying to prove my maturity? How? All I said is that I'm mature enough and nothing else.
>>
God I thought I was bitter when people kept referring to Shulk as "generic anime swordsman" but you KI:U sure take the cake with your "You'd understand if you played the game."
>>
>>267176207
>link's shitty reskins
>skyward sword tunic
>dark link
>fucking fierce deity link

TL and Ganon are only semi clones, by the way.
>>
>>267176391
At least you know your shit, you're not going around shitting on Dark Pit though, I can tell.
>>
>>267176413

It's cute that you think that.
>>
>Ice Climbers already made on the Wii U version
>Cut EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE ALREADY IN THE GAME
>people still defend sakurai no matter what
>>
>>267176357
>Ganondorf and Toon Link are half-assed clones
>therefore everything he mentioned isn't real
anon
>>
>>267176373
>Then continues to say the fanbase is nothing but children
It is tho
>>
File: 1397261170746.png (70KB, 171x196px)
1397261170746.png
70KB, 171x196px
>>267176120
Even Uprisingfags didn't want Dark Pit in the game, I saw more people wanting shit like Magnus and Phyrron than Dark Pit.
>>
>>267176470
It's only true though
>>
>>267176529
Replaced with duck hunt so I'm happy.
>>
Japanese Phil Fish is at it again :^)
>>
>>267174151
>But muh man hours, muh costs

>>267174218
I hope so too. I fucking hate the fact that Megaman is in such a shitty smash... Im still buying the game for the wii u, just to support my blue nigga and the franchise. Hope for the better if there's a smash 5

>>267174287
Pittoo is a litteral clone both in Sm4sh and Uprising. He COULD have been an unique character, but this fucker just made him a clone with a stolen final smash.

>>267174305
Two years copying used shit from previous smash's.
>Deadlines
>man hours
Sure, Im buying the game because my blue nigga is in, but sakurai dropped the ball hard.
>>
ALL OF THIS COULD BE AVOIDED IF THE WII U VERSION HAS THE SAME SHIT AS THE 3DS VERSION + MORE CHARACTERS AND CONTENT
>>
>>267173654
Sakurai is hands down worse then Kamiya in every single way.

They're also on opposite ends of the casual-hardcore spectrum.
>>
TL;DR

>Sakurai basically says he did the clones for free.

>Whiny baby children crying over the clones that are better than the original characters.
>>
>>267176612
I never said we wanted him in, I'm only saying we're disappointed. But you are still right.
>>
File: 1411881912989.png (241KB, 195x315px)
1411881912989.png
241KB, 195x315px
Why can't it be helped /v/?
>>
>>267175979
You forgot the 3 really good items
>>
>>267176648

They weren't replaced in favor of another character. They were already in the Wii U version.
>>
>we put in three Melee-style clones because it's quick and cheap!
>but we couldn't just simply port in the two least clone-like of Brawl's clones and make little tweaks for 4's engine
>also we're too lazy to do anything to Ganondorf, Toon Link, and Falco
>>
File: PitsBody2.png (140KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
PitsBody2.png
140KB, 320x240px
>>267176120
You know what would have been a better character than Dark Pit? This.
I'm dead serious.
>>
>>267175735
I've gotten this feeling from a lot of nintendo games lately.
Pokemon X/Y- No endgame. Stupid megaevolutions, minimal new pokemon
Kirby 3D- Much easier (even for a kirby game), no alternate colors, uninspired supernova, 2 minigames (see mass attack)
Mario Kart WiiU- terrible battle mode, babies, mario/metal mario/cat mario/baby mario, DLC shenanigans
It just feels like they're skating by on their name these days.
>>
>>267176691
So you're complaining and are clearly unsatisfied, yet you're still buying it.
>>
>>267173117

You're kidding right?
>>
>>267176691
Definition of a child here everyone.
>>
File: Magnus'_Poses.png (330KB, 1282x256px) Image search: [Google]
Magnus'_Poses.png
330KB, 1282x256px
>>267176612
Magnus would have been great.

But it's another dude with a fucking sword, even if it is Guts tier.
>>
>>267176120
To be honest Viridi, Pandora, or Hades would have been better choices than Pitto. I mean his theme is great I'll give him that, but he's just a palette swap. He could have easily been an alternative skin for Pit. They should have had clubs, staves, and more orbitars as custom moves. Dark pit was really an off call and I hope that isn't the best secret that the new Smash bros. Can offer
>>
File: 1380858956929s.jpg (3KB, 125x122px) Image search: [Google]
1380858956929s.jpg
3KB, 125x122px
>>267176057
Oh fuck, sounds like he's getting senile Japanese man syndrome. That can't be good.

Maybe he should make a new IP that isn't a 2.5D platformer catered to children for once.
>>
>>267172585
you are actually dumber than that guy would hypothetically be for taking that bait
>>
It's about time he came out and said this. Maybe slotsfags will get it through their thick skulls, but I doubt it.

SLOTS DON'T EXIST YOU FUCKING RETARDED NIGNOGS
>>
>>267176781
They talked about ice climbers being too hard to run on the 3ds before we saw the game so I doubt they weren't replaced.
>>
I get a laugh out of a japanese dev blowing out fans like this, but at the same time he is straying a bit too much towards the old "entitled gamer" argument.
>>
File: 9867875467.jpg (115KB, 887x854px) Image search: [Google]
9867875467.jpg
115KB, 887x854px
Was reading the article about how characters are chosen.

>Characters from a series that has no future are rarely chosen.
>>
>Couldn't copy Lucas or Snake from Brawl
>Couldn't make Alph his own character
>But it didn't take any time at all!
Thanks Sakurai.
>>
Dark Pit is included because Sakurai loves shota
>>
Japanese Phil Fish.
>>
>>267176876
All games are catered to children
>>
>>267176894
I just want him to say "Yes, that's right, I saw your most wanted character and decided to put Dark Pit in instead."
Even if he doesn't mean it
Because at least he's affirming their fake fears and eventually we will hear the end of it.
>>
>Characters from a series that has no future are rarely chosen.
But...a good chunk of the roster falls under that category, even some of the newcomers.
>>
>>267176985
>couldn't copy snake
Uh huh. That would totally be easy and not a hassle at all.
>>
>$40 handheld game
>bargain buy
What?
>>
>>267176691
Yes, budgets are a real thing in actual corporations. I know almost nobody on 4chan has any idea how the world of grown-ups operates, but efficient organizations set limits and make the projects conform rather than allowing them to blow out with years of extra expenses and redevelopment.
Look at Square for a master class in how not to do it.
>>
>>267176962
;_; then why you keep ignoring F-zero nintendo?

Either suit up, give us a F-Zero or leave the memories alone...
>>
doesn't matter, i'm fine since ridley's in
>>
>>267176120

I played Uprising. Dark Pit was the most boring character in it, and he was Pit but black. If he was a unique character it would have been stupid and contrived. You might as well have Dark Link as a separate character with a unique moveset as well, it'd make just as much sense.
>>
>>267177115
Most of the content in the 3DS version is copy pasted from previous titles.

Not saying that a character would be just as easy. Just saying.
>>
>>267177139
but anon you get such wonderful content like Smash Run and
>>
>>267176368
So, they reused everything else from brawl. Why not them?
>>
File: 1388323908247.jpg (60KB, 640x640px)
1388323908247.jpg
60KB, 640x640px
>>267176831

Yeah, same here.
It's more like their milking their fanbases now, rather then treating them with respect like they used to in the pre-Wii days. Especially with the new DLC practices that are going into MK8, Hyrule Warriors and amiibo figures.

This is going to generate some serious long-term damage for them if they keep this up.
>>
>>267176906

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/sakurai-confirms-ice-climbers-cut-due-3ds-limitations/

>Sakurai mentions that the Ice Climbers functioned on the Wii U
>the Ice Climbers functioned on the Wii U
>>
>>267177163
Didn't sell well, even after Smash.
>>
Reads like a fucking p4g article.
>>
File: Shulk.png (251KB, 374x600px) Image search: [Google]
Shulk.png
251KB, 374x600px
So, after he's said all of that in this interview, can someone explain what he meant in Shulk's reveal when he said "This isn't a character you'd normally see in Smash Bros"? Because it appears that Sakurai has a really bizarre set of criteria for chracters.
>>
>>267176962

I guess that's why Wario isn't playable instead of that random farting biker.
>>
>>267176962
>>267177109
So Donkey Kong has no future despite being of higher quality than the shit Sakurai makes? Zelda has no future despite being a more acclaimed and popular series than Kirby and Kid Icarus? Riiiight
Man fuck him
>>
>>267176985
>snake
I've never read anything more retarded in any smash thread, I've seen people saying that the game has slots, clones replacing other characters, and how Nintendo should let all third parties have 1 character, but this easily is the dumbest thing I've read to date.
>>
>people hating on Dark Pit

seriously? where else will you find mainstream shota fanservice like this?
>>
>>267176894
"slots" exist so long as I have to go through classic mode an extra time with what are essentially the same characters in order to get "Girl Marth" and Dark Pit's trophies instead of just getting them as random drops like the rationally added alt characters like Alph and the Koopalings.
It's not about "they took the slot from my character," it's about "why does this character even need a seperate slot?"
>>
>>267177263
Do you think it's that easy for a third-party character?
>>
>>267170564

Not very surprising that /v/ lost their shit over the roster, since most of /v/ hoped for either 2bigly and random weeaboo girl #34353245 for smash 4

Fuck you faggots.
>>
>>267176373
The guy has an ego and it's starting to show.
>>
>>267174360
Technically, the game is cheaper than a normal 3DS game. I think most 3DS games are 50$, while I got Sm4sh for $40.
>>
>>267177281
Would take longer to add at the last second, they were obviously never planned to come back like snake
>>
Fucking hell. That damage control.
>>
>>267177263

I was honestly shocked at how much was removed, like event match, and special brawl/melee.

But I'm not allowed to complain, or I'm labeled a filthy sonygger shitposter.
>>
>>267177431
>It's not about "they took the slot from my character," it's about "why does this character even need a seperate slot?"

Even that's retarded, they're different characters you nong.
>>
>>267175212
Plenty of people liked him in Melee. The fuck you even talking about?
>>
FUCK YOU SAKUSHIT
FUCK
YOU
>>
>>267176831
No its just that most 3ds games are mediocre compared to their previous counterparts.
Pokémon X and Y is a big example, Sticker star is another, New Super Mario Bros. 2 is another.
>>
>>267171991
nigger I just wanted portable smash

god damn you are overthinking this shit.
>>
>>267177434
It was easy the first time.

Didn't they basically agree to it during an elevator ride? Something like that.

Doesn't matter though. Getting the rights has nothing to do with porting the character over.
>>
>>267177428

Well, there's always Pit.
>>
>>267177392
Because he's a character I wanted
>>
>>267175212

>muh tornado
>tfw 64fag
>tfw I hate the doc
>tfw I just want Mario to have his 64 moveset + cape
>>
>>267177608
It's all in the wiiu version most likely, the only thing they share are characters.
>>
>>267177670
lmao mad kiddo
>>
>>267177656
They liked him because he was good, not because of the character itself. He was shat on just like all the other clones when Brawl came around.
>>
File: 1386780507861.png (308KB, 376x504px)
1386780507861.png
308KB, 376x504px
>>267176962

>>Characters from a series that has no future are rarely chosen.

Meanwhile the Donkey Kong and Zelda IP don't get a single new rep despite all of the recent attention they've been been getting thanks to Retro and various spinoffs/remakes.

Yeah okay then.

Face it, Sakurai's just a biased faggot.
>>
How large was sm4sh's budget compared to brawl? As flawed as as Brawl was, you felt like Sakurai really poured his heart into the game.
>>
>>267177267
Let's go play target smash!!
And home run contest!
Those should be huge fun after I set the records on the checklist. I'm sure I'll keep going back.
But remember: No baller-ass Melee-type adventure mode because people watched the cutscenes for dullsville SSE on youtube
>>
>>267171991
>third-parties
>Nintendo

There is an issue with your theory.
>>
>>267173503
Pretty sure Nintendo doesn't give any project, even Smash, unlimited time or budget. They'd be pretty pissed if the game got delayed past the holiday.
>>
>>267177827
well he had to make 2 separate games with the 3ds limitations
>>
>>267177640
>Characters who play virtually identically are different because the game says so
>>
>>267176373
Err he's always done whatever he wanted. >Miyamoto wanted Kirby to be yellow and he said no.
>He made Smash 64 without Nintendo's approval.
>He made a new game with a dead IP instead of one of Nintendo's well known IPs.
>>
>>267177820
Dkctf bombed and zelda doesn't need any new reps.
>>
>>267177674
>awakening
>mario tennis

there are quite a few. That being said, Dark Moon, New Leaf, and Link Between Worlds were excellent.
>>
>>267177692
but now theres 2 nice shota asses
>>
>>267177392
He just means that Shulk's only in one game (oneoff character), and is more obscure than other characters, but he represents the Xenoblade series so...
>>
>>267176836
>>267176841
I am a Megaman fan and I like the Smash franchise. Im supporting the franchise, not the asshole director. Now, if it turns out to be that the Wii U version is exactly the same as the 3ds version with a couple new stages, fuck that shit. I hope you guys didnt buy the 3ds version, though.
>>
Nothing Sakurai says makes any goddamn sense, holy shit.
>>
>>267170564
ridley confirmed.
>>
File: lemempicturexd.jpg (32KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
lemempicturexd.jpg
32KB, 500x500px
Why do Smashfags complain about clones much more than any other fighting game?

SSFIV has fucking seven Ryus.
>>
>>267177640
So are the Koopalings, Fierce Deity Link, and Alph, yet all of them are merely costumes.

Meanwhile Pit's black angel costume and Mario wearing a doctor's robes get their own character slots.
>>
>>267173062
That's exactly the fucking problem. He seems to go out of his way to shit on certain franchises, even ones that are getting brand new games regularly like Donkey Kong, and then his one off shitty 3DS game that is never getting a sequel gets a whole slot and new animations for a fucking recolor so it can have it's stupid canon final smash.

Eat a dick you Sakurai apologist.
>>
File: 1407962218558.png (199KB, 376x302px) Image search: [Google]
1407962218558.png
199KB, 376x302px
Will you retards quit thinking that Dark Pit somehow took out Ridley? You people legitimately have mental issues, and I'm laughing at how bad you got BTFO.
>>
>>267177919
He was forced into kid icarus, he was told to make a new kid icarus after brawl if he wanted pit in the game.
>>
>>267170564
Dark Pit really gets to me but the other two are...ok I guess.
But I don't buy that horseshit about not requiring additional development time for a second.
>All those trailers
>All those promos
Nah Sakurai you took your sweet ass time making those clones.
>>
>>267177909
Lucina is Chroms daughter

Marth is another guy

Dr. Mario has a doctorate

Mario got an apprenticeship

Dark Pit likes Metal

Pit likes Eminem

Different characters, mong.
>>
File: 2048_c8db.jpg (208KB, 597x600px) Image search: [Google]
2048_c8db.jpg
208KB, 597x600px
>>267177452
Don't talk shit about my Ashley
>>
>>267177162
So they should plan out their game to have content players want instead of glorified recolors and cut character? Unlike what they did with Sm4sh?
>>
>>267177941
I never said ALL of them were mediocre. But a lot of series on 3ds are watered down, bare bones, and mediocre.
Pokémon by far is the greatest example of this.
>>
>>267170767
Even Sakurai is fed up with Nintenyearolds
>>
>>267178026
Because the series is young and not LITERALLY rehashed to the grave and back like street fighter.
>>
>>267178139
For Lucina, maybe, but Doc and Pittoo got nothing but a minor site update.
>>
>>267177929
>Zelda doesn't need any new reps.

Neither did Fire Emblem or Mario, and Kid Icarus is over-represented with Dark Pit.

And you've got to be fucking joking if you think that's the case. At the very least he should give Ganondorf and Toon Link their own unique move sets.
>>
>>267177267
Did you run out of man hours for that post?
>>
What Sakurai fails to realize is that his choice of clones were shit.

If the clones would have been
>Alph
>Lucina
>Dark Samus
instead, way more people would have been pleased than the ones we got.

Also, the meal isn't free, it's 40 bucks.
>>
>>267175327
Ganondorf and Falcon are nothing alike. Ganondorf is slow and heavy. Falcon is sanic speed.

And their moves have different properties too. For example, Falcon's side B knocks the opponent into the air while Ganondorf's slams them to the ground.

Also, their tilts are very different.

Ganondorf is as much of a clone as Wolf.
>>
>>267178026
Smash is largely a fanservice game where you fight as your favorite Nintendo characters. People would rather see those characters over stuff like Dr. Mario and Dark Pit.

Think about how people bitched about Marvel 3's roster and multiply it by x100.
>>
>>267178051
You're a child, it can't be helped.
>>
>people actually defending Sakurai with "have ever made a game children :^)"
>>
>>267177929

There is no fucking way Kid Icarus is more important than Donkey Kong and Zelda.
>>
>>267178232
But he's not, he specifically makes his games for children to enjoy casually. Sakurai seems to hate everyone.
>>
>>267178292
No those two should have been cut for wasting space for new characters.
>>
>>267177820
>>267177405
I think you're reading into it wrong. I mean if you think about the series as a whole and how the character selection works, both of those have reps. You aren't really upset we didn't get dixie, cranky, tingle and some other zelda rep that I can't currently think of are you? I'm more upset about characters that stood no chance of getting in not even as an assist trophy because they have no future.
>>
>>267178351
>people
They're noa shills, bro
>>
File: 1402484925807.jpg (6KB, 244x250px)
1402484925807.jpg
6KB, 244x250px
>>267178313
>instead, way more people would have been pleased than the ones we got.
Says who?
>>
File: 1406872697826.gif (537KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1406872697826.gif
537KB, 480x270px
>>267170564

I'm not envious of him.

Smashfags are by far the most obnoxious, autistic, shitposting fanbase to EVER come on /v/. They all have this vague picture of their roster clouding their aspergers ridden head, and when their obscure, SHIT characters don't make the cut, they sperg out.

Quite frankly, you all should be neutered. Do not spread your shit genes.
>>
>>267178297
Please understand. Any more would just be a delicious dessert to a wonderful, tasty, luxurious bargain post.
>>
>>267177827
Agree.

Tripping was awful and the game felt worse in every regard but there was a fuckload of content.
>>
File: 1398996674688.jpg (71KB, 424x505px) Image search: [Google]
1398996674688.jpg
71KB, 424x505px
>>267178053
>that one guy constantly trying to bring ridley into the conversation when no one is talking about him
>>
So this settles the fact that clone characters are just bonus and didn't take anyone else's slot, right? Why all the butthurt frustration? Don't like them, don't use them, they are free.
>>
>>267178313
Alph is shit and no on bought pikmin 3
Metroid is hated at the moment.
>>
>>267171203
I'd be tired of our shit too. Actually if it were me the game would have never come out because I'd have given you all the finger and quit a long time ago.
>>
File: bs.jpg (64KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
bs.jpg
64KB, 900x900px
>>267177848
The 3DS got a version of MGS3, while MGS5 skipped over the Wii U and managed to get on fucking PC. They don't have Sony/MS tier third party support, but you'd be delusional if you think they don't exist. All of the Ace Attorney games came out on Nintendo consoles, portable ones at least. All of the Layton games came out on Nintendo consoles, again on portables. Level 5's massive Japan-only hit is on, you guessed it, on the 3DS. Rockstar made Chinatown Wars on the DS, and it actually outsold the PSP version. It's their home consoles that have zero zip nada third party support.
>>
>>267178313
Dark Samus shares literally only part of her name with Samus. Her being a clone would make absolutely no sense.
Try again metroidfag.
>>
>>267171153
>>267172157

Maybe the dumbfuck shouldn't have tried to make both games AND also try to keep them the same.

Every shortcoming is his own damn fault. And saying HURR DURR BUT I GIVE YOU DESSERT doesn't change the fact that things were cut from Sm4sh because he overestimated what he'd be able to do with the 3DS.
>>
The motherfucker's gotten salty about this shit over the years you can tell.
>>
>>267178313
Alph is in the game.
>>
>>267177929
Kid Icarus, Punch Out and Xenoblade didn't reach exact numbers either yet they're still represented in Smash.
>>
>>267178313
Alph is a fucking retarded choice for his own slot. I'd rather have Dark Pit than Alph.
>>
>>267170564
> But, I guess since a lot of them are children, it cannot be helped.
>>
>>267178329
And he's nothing like he is in the actual Zelda games. He might as well be Black Shadow cosplaying as Ganondorf.

Where's the trident? Where's the magic energy bolts? Where's the shockwave ground punch? Where's the twin katanas? Where's literally anything Ganondorf does from the Zelda series?
>>
He's just trying to avoid saying the 3DS is an underpowered piece of shit that overall holds back the game as a whole.
>>
>>267177929
>zelda doesn't need any new reps

Yes, it does. 2 of its characters are clones. The fifth character used to be attached to another character. Zelda is at the same place it's been at since Melee.

I get the feeling that the Zelda team doesn't talk to Sakurai much, or doesn't have much sway. Contrast this to the Pokemon team who got Greninja in.
>>
>>267178360
There no way dk is more important than kid icarus.
>>
>>267178542

Why are Sakurai drones deluded into thinking that everyone loves fire emblem and kid icarus and hates every other franchise?
>>
File: 1409935846230.gif (2MB, 250x158px) Image search: [Google]
1409935846230.gif
2MB, 250x158px
>mfw playing Dark Pit online and imagining the "MUH SLOTS"autist rage at the fact that he exists
>>
>>267172270
>It would make no difference since he is more of a carbon copy of Olimar than Dark Pit is to Pit; because Dark Pit actually has a seperate personality, goal, etc.

Are you legally considered retarded by the state?
>>
>>267178530
THIS
Ridley fits into no conversation.
>>
>>267170564

YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY THAT I GAVE YOU THIS FREE SHITTY DESERT!!!

t-thanks Samurai....
>>
>>267178671
Actually, one of his custom moves does have a sword. It's for his neutral B, instead of a punch, he thrusts his sword out.
>>
File: 1374774213790.jpg (222KB, 1240x786px) Image search: [Google]
1374774213790.jpg
222KB, 1240x786px
>>267178486
For one, those are all actual different characters.
They come from series that're dry on reps (with the exception of FE, but people seem happy with Lucina so whatever).
Kid Icarus and Mario did not need more reps.
Ones not a direct recolor, and it already has a model in game so no "oh but man hours".
>>
>>267178646
/v/ just got BTFO
>>
What's his excuse for Ganondorf
>>
>>267178530
ridley is in the game and you know it
>>
>>267178705

Sakurai please go.
>>
>>267178717
>awakening and kid icarus sell
>dk didn't
Don't you have HE thread to spam
>>
>>267171153
You would be too, if you poured your heart and soul into a game that objectively is probably the best one but people still are not only dissatisfied but openly hostile towards you for your design choices
>>
>>267171153
WHY WOULD HE BE PASSIVE-AGGRESSIVE? IT'S NOT LIKE EVERYBODY TOLD HIM HIS CREATION WAS SHIT AND THAT HE SHOULD STOP FORCING IT ON THEM OR ANYTHING
>>
>>267178705

The 3DS port of Returns sold more then Uprising. DK is monumentally more importantly.
>>
>>267178530

Oh please, like we're going to forget about the year long terror of ridleyfag shitposting.
>>
File: 1389783321521.gif (3MB, 231x285px) Image search: [Google]
1389783321521.gif
3MB, 231x285px
>>267178053
>>
>>267178690
>overall holds back the game as a whole.
Aren't you repeating yourself redundantly again and again?
>>
File: 1404595625225.jpg (30KB, 317x337px) Image search: [Google]
1404595625225.jpg
30KB, 317x337px
>>267178402
>Sakurai seems to hate everyone
Nintendo included
I mean, the guy owns a PS4 a Vita AND a Vita TV.

What a fucking sonyfag
>>
>>267178329
And Ganondorf's moveset has absolutely nothing to do with Ganodorf in Zelda.

And they could have made a character to take over the moveset if people really considered it worth prevering and given him a new and fitting one, but they didn't
>>
>>267178692
Pokemon is currently Nintendo's highest selling series.
>>
>>267178692
I can understand wanting Ganon and Toon Link decloned, but who the fuck else would you add from Zelda? Tingle? Zant? Vaati? No one gives a fuck about those characters, they already have all their bases covered with Link, Zelda, and Ganon. There's just no one else important enough to add.
>>
Why is he so fucking hellbent to keep both rosters the same?
>>
>>267177640
>Dr Mario is a different character from Mario

Retard
>>
File: 1332662325177.gif (2MB, 448x336px) Image search: [Google]
1332662325177.gif
2MB, 448x336px
>>267178897
>>
>>267178424
>Cutting out the fucking ANTAGONIST of Nintendo's golden egg adventure franchise, and one of the most recognizable villains in gaming.

Either you've never played a single Zelda game in your life or you're fucking retarded. Most likely both.

But naaaw, you probably think Dark Pit is an okay addition to the roster.
>>
Still think we should have got a Diddy-semi-clone Dixie instead of Dark Pit and Dr. Mario.
>>
>>267179035
Because the characters are the most important part so no one misses out for not having one system.
>>
>>267178941
>MUH BARA SWORD
lol get a life nerd
>>
File: 1405473245490.jpg (222KB, 800x643px) Image search: [Google]
1405473245490.jpg
222KB, 800x643px
>>267178530
Everyone knows Ridley's in.
>>
>>267178847

>the latest game is all that matters

see >>267178868

A fucking PORT of a donkey kong game sold more than uprising on the same system
>>
>>267178801
He was Luigified in Brawl. People need to stop calling him a clone when he's as much of a clone as Wolf.

Complain that he isn't true to his source material, that's a valid complaint. But Ganondorf hasn't been a clone since Brawl.
>>
File: sunsetDK.jpg (508KB, 1280x720px)
sunsetDK.jpg
508KB, 1280x720px
>>267175979
Zelda's gotten so many items and a lot of new assists in this game. Stages too.

Samus and ZSS have gotten a lot of good retoolings, two big name assist trophies, and Ridley is a boss hazard on the Wii U.

DK has had a successful series revival and has gotten absolutely nothing in the way of new representation. It has no new stages, it STILL has no assist trophies, It basically has no items to it's name since most people don't even think of the original Donkey Kong when they think about the hammer. And obviously it doesn't have any new fighters but that's all people bitch about anyway.

I mean for fuck's sake. I just wanted that cool silhouette level from DKCR, is that too much to ask?
>>
>>267178753
as opposed to what? no desert at all? Then everyone would be bitching that Sakurai didn't give them any desert
>>
File: 1373990506750.gif (468KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1373990506750.gif
468KB, 500x375px
>>267179087
>>
>>267179138

>Characters are the most important part

Sakurai has stated many times that characters are not the focus of Smash
>>
>>267172620
What pisses me off is that, despite making Olimar's ship an item (that acts almost the same as Olimar's final smash), they kept his final smash the same. It feels so redundant.
>>
>>267179109

He was a last second shitclone. The only thing Sakurai fucked up bad with the roster is not decloning G-dorf and giving his moveset to black shadow. Fuck off slotfag, you have officially lost the argument.
>>
>>267170564
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rxg4zWutWU
>>
>Food metaphor
Okay, we can do that.
So first of all, this meal is $40. And I've had it before. This time I don't get any sides. The waiter brings me a free desert to make up for it, but where are my sides? And the desert is like, 4 gummi bears on a plate. That doesn't even approach making up for everything not included in the meal this time.
And then the waiter says to leave it to him to determine what goes into my meal and what doesn't, even though I'm ultimately pay for it, so I'm not allowed to express any degree of displeasure.
Fuck you, hack.
>>
File: 1348709888836.jpg (47KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1348709888836.jpg
47KB, 640x480px
>tfw every single one of my friends hated the roster
>>
>>267179236

This is why the series should have been given to someone else.
>>
Why couldn't Dark Pit be like the melee clones, having a different feel for his A attack and having a different playstyle? I would have been fine with that, but Sakurai for some reason decided not to do that, even though he had more time and a bigger team to work with.

The only differences Dark Pit has from Pit are literally 3 moves and one of them is worse. He weighs the same, does the same damage, recovers the same, runs the same speed. It's almost insulting.
>>
>>267179206
>No items

Banana peel?
>>
File: 1410809113807.png (59KB, 179x163px)
1410809113807.png
59KB, 179x163px
>>267178861
>Smash 4
>objectively the best

Please. I like Smash 4 myself but for now, it's not the best. From a competitive standpoint it's looking to be inferior to Melee, and from a casual standpoint it lacks the sheer content of Brawl. The only thing Smash 4 has over it is the better roster.

I say "for now" because we don't know much about the Wii U version, but the 3DS version definitely isn't going to be the best.

>>267179206
This, playable characters aren't the only way to rep a game. Zeldafags got it pretty good, even if Ganondorf is still unfaithful. DKfags got fugged hard.
>>
>>267179289

>hack

I found the smashboards faggot.
>>
>>267170564
if lucina was just added as an extra for no work, why the fuck didnt chrom get in?
>>
File: Melee stuff.png (48KB, 1382x425px)
Melee stuff.png
48KB, 1382x425px
>>267174151

There was no time.

In the time Sakurai can make six clones, he can only make one more unique characters.

For Melee, he had to choose between the clones or Dedede.

He also left Wario out because Wario deserved better.
>>
>>267179181
>the latest game is all that matter
I goes with sakurais statement, no future, no characters.
We could have it your way and add every fucking kong; Dixie kong, cranky kong, kiddie kong, lanky kong, candy kong, shitty kong, King Kong, the more clones the marrier I guess.
>>
How did clones manage to end up WORSE than the clones in Brawl?

Why are we downgrading?
>>
File: 1403214602176.jpg (78KB, 500x632px) Image search: [Google]
1403214602176.jpg
78KB, 500x632px
>>267172759
>being this much of a whiny bitch
Have you even made a game?
>>
>>267179427

Sakurai chose Robin over Chrom because Robin was more unique.
>>
>>267179358
>>
>>267173503
>i know literally nothing about the real world
>>
File: postcreditsmotorcycle.jpg (61KB, 910x512px) Image search: [Google]
postcreditsmotorcycle.jpg
61KB, 910x512px
>>267179236
Well if that's the case then how come there's so little content?

3DS limitations, I hope? Because it feels like we've regressed quite a bit.
>>
>>267170767
Why would I want dessert when I'm full from the meal? It's just a waste.
>>
>Sakurai: "Lucina doesn't have Marth's tipper, so I made her her own character"

Hmm, interesting, changes how all of her moves act in damage. Worthy different for being a clone. 9/10

>Sakurai: "Old Dr. Mario fans wouldn't want him to just be Mario again, so we gave him unique custom moves"

Satisfies old fans, and new fans alike. Well done. 9/10.

>Sakurai: "I made Dark Pit cause of the side b and final smashes being unique."

Side B could have been a Pit custom move, and final smash is just Sheik's and Zelda's final smash. 0/10. FAILURE.

Even the most devout followers will tell you Sakurai, stop stroking your cock for making Dark Pit for Uprising. Your OC has no place in smash bros, and you should feel ashamed to have chose that over any other possible clone character you could have added instead.
>>
>Most of Smash Bros following comes from Melee
>Melee was released 13 years ago
>Implying most who were old enough to remember it fondly back then are still considered "children" today
Good lord that's offensive.
>>
File: 1399930995955.jpg (60KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1399930995955.jpg
60KB, 720x720px
>>267179014
>but who the fuck else would you add from Zelda? Tingle? Zant? Vaati? No one gives a fuck about those characters

The new run-off-the mill token villian for the current Zelda generation.

This would've meant:

Skull Kid for melee
Zant for Brawl
Ghirahim for Kerfluffle
and etc

If Pokemon gets new reps based on whatever's popular in the newest generation, then I don't see why they can't do the same for Zelda. Hell, Sakurai already kind of does it with Fire Emblem's protagonist characters.
>>
#BASED SAMURAI
B
A
S
E
D

S
A
M
R
A
I
>>
File: 1410621383372.jpg (43KB, 533x400px) Image search: [Google]
1410621383372.jpg
43KB, 533x400px
>Sakurai asks for a list of original characters that can replace the clones that can be added in crunch time
>Nobody can do it
>Everyone in this thread just shits their pants and suck each others balls.
>>
>>267179283
>>267179014
>>267178801
>>267178692

GANONDORF IS NOT A CLONE. HE'S A SEMI-CLONE LIKE WOLF.
>>
>>267179326
You only have sonyggers as friends?
>>
>>267179236
Then what is? Trophies? They were novel in previous iterations but even brawl had an interesting means of GETTING them. Does anyone enjoy trophy rush?
>>
>>267179379
The banana's kind of just as "generic" as the hammer. Like it feels like they created the item initially for Diddy's moveset and then also added it as an item drop. I want something that actually captures the feeling of a DK game.

Maybe the steel keg from DKC1, maybe make an item that's a mix between crates and pokeballs but for the animal buddies. I dunno. Something, anything.
>>
So what's his excuse for removing any Golden Sun/Custom Robo representation?
>>
>>267179494

Brawl didn't add any new clones, it just Luigified existing ones.
>>
>>267177534
Actually most 3DS games are $35 and $30. This game was actually on the higher side.
>>
>>267178861
Best one at what?
>>
>>267177689

Konami hates Nintendo with a passion.

Getting Snake in Brawl was a miracle, but Konami wouldn't let it happen again.
>>
>>267179705
>this autism
I bet you think Roy wasnt a clone too
>>
>>267179547
chrom could have just as easily been an ike clone
>>
>>267179358
Can someone reverse this gif?
>>
Honestly kind of embarrassing the way Sakurai treats Kid Icarus.

It's like that deviantart fag who keeps trying to shove his OCs into things.

This is a celebration of Nintendo and their history. Of which Dark Pit doesn't represent at all.
>>
>>267179738
Wasn't the banana peel in Melee, before Diddy was added as a character?
>>
>>267179743
to not take development time off ridley
>>
File: you win.png (229KB, 369x369px) Image search: [Google]
you win.png
229KB, 369x369px
>>267179609
Finally, someone has some fucking sense.
you can be satisfied without stroking Sakurai's fucking cock.
>>
>>267179743
Not new enough to be relevant

Not old enough to be worth reviving for retro value
>>
>>267179853
The reason so much kid icarus is in is because it runs on the same engine so it was easy to port models over.
>>
>>267179389
here's your reply
>>
>>267170564
What a literal fucking asshole. I really hope his game flops. 10 more years for Melee.
>>
>>267179816
Why does Konami hate Nintendo? They used to make tons of Goemon games for Nintendo consoles.
>>
>>267179824
Is Wolf a clone, even though he has different physics, different tilts, and his specials have different properties?

No?

Then Ganondorf isn't a clone either.
>>
>>267179750

Not sure how that changes anything.

Because the Luigified clones were left the same in Sm4sh and then they created ACTUAL complete clones.

It just looks pathetic
>>
>>267179702

see
>>267178313
>>267178786
>>
>>267179705

So? He shouldn't even be part-clone. If Sakurai loves the moveset so much like I keep hearing, make THAT a clone so Ganon can have a proper one.

A fucking second-party game put more effort into how Zelda's main villain would play than the director of one of Nintendo's most popular series. Twice in a row.
>>
>>267179875
It wasn't. Added in Brawl because that's when tripping was added.
>>
>>267177883
>Does not remember Brawl getting delayed literally 3 times.
>>
File: i fucking hate you people.png (472KB, 1438x810px) Image search: [Google]
i fucking hate you people.png
472KB, 1438x810px
>>267179816
They'd let Solid Snake in. They don't give a shit about him.
>>
>>267179968
>Flops
>Already broke a million sales in one day

Anon...
>>
>>267179968

It's already sold half of what Melee sold in a month. Turns out people didn't boycott this game because of fucking dark pit.

You dumb fucking tourneyfag! HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!
>>
>>267179853
According to interviews, he thought about what to put in Smash while he was working on Kid Icarus so he came up with stuff that would work in both games.
>>
>>267179948

So Sakurai is a hack then?
>>
>>267179684

Yes, but popular Pokemon usually remain popular.

Pikachu is still popular.
Lucario is still popular.
Charizard is still popular.

The only one that's lost its popularity is Jigglypuff, who sticks around simply because it's part of the original 12.

And Pokemon are in every game after their debut.

The same isn't true of Zelda characters. Zelda already has every important character that isn't a one-off, Tingle, or Vaati. All it really needs is for Ganondorf to be decloned.
>>
>>267179459

But Kid Icarus doesn't have a future. Sakurai fucking said he wasn't going to make a sequel. And Tropical Freeze didn't "bomb".
>>
>>267179014
There was no one important to add for Kid Icarus, yet we have two newcomers from there. No one important from Mario to add, yet we have three newcomers from there.

Ghirahim was the obvious choice because everything else Zelda-related in Smash 4 is Skyward Sword and he's popular. Vaati would have been cool as a villain rep for Toon Link. Hell, Majora's Wrath would have been a fun out-there choice. And there's always Impa.

But nope, nothing but Sheik getting her own slot, everyone staying as Twilight Princess, and a Delfino Plaza ripoff for a stage.
>>
>>267179609
I was pissed at first, but Dark Pit is actually a better Pit than Pit, it's another Dr Mario situation.
>>
>>267179434
>Ganondorf was an afterthought
Doesn't Sakurai main him? I guess either he fell in love with the heavy Capt. Falcon moveset, or he just doesn't give a shot.
>>
>>267180037
Oh, you're right. My mistake, then.
>>
>>267179702
Alph
Brittany
Blood Falcon
Ryu Suzaku
Mr L
>>
>>267176120
>The only people hating on Dark Pit are people who haven't played Kid Icarus Uprising and are convinced that he replaced a character they wanted.
Fuck off already. Plenty of us played Uprising and hate the overrepresentation of that game in Smash Bros. KI:U isn't some super exclusive hidden gem that only you and a handful of other /v/goers played, so why do you act like it is?
>>
>>267180154
Always was, always will be.
>>
>>267179196
>as much of a clone as Wolf.

except Wolf has completely different A moves than Fox. He was basically Brawl's Akuma, along with Lucas.

Ganondorf still shares a lot of moves with Falcon, but at least they have the decency to feel different than Dark Pits moves.
>>
>>267180197
fuck you bowser jr rules
>>
>>267180197
>one off villain from a shit game
>important to zelda
>>
>>267180234
I would be surprised if Sakurai even played his own games.
>>
>>267180264
All clones
>>
>>267180264

>Literally who, the list
>>
>>267170849
Yeah, right.
Heh...
>>
File: t-thankskonami.png (316KB, 790x695px)
t-thankskonami.png
316KB, 790x695px
>>267179986
>They used to make tons of Goemon games for Nintendo consoles.
And when did you see the last goemon game? They only care for mgs and pes milking nowadays and raping castlevania some more. All of this can be doen better without nintendo.
>>
File: 1310929673429.jpg (41KB, 594x447px)
1310929673429.jpg
41KB, 594x447px
>>267170767
he's right, but we should've got Louie as a new character even though he'd be a clone with a slightly different hitbox, as a character than instead of Alph as an alt.
>>
File: Sakurai _approved.jpg (48KB, 453x435px) Image search: [Google]
Sakurai _approved.jpg
48KB, 453x435px
>>267173834
>>267173940
>>267173998
>>267174161
>>267174263
>>267174381
>>267176703
>>267173774
>>267173907
>>267174687
>>267175451
>>267174218
>>267176691
>>267174507
>>267174694
>>267175518
>>267175378
>>267175386
>>267175485
>>267175735

>all these whiny /v/irgins getting blown the fuck out
Truly.
Sakurai is the most based man in the industry.

Thanks based Sakurai.
>>
>>267180197
I'd argue that Rosalina and Palutena were important enough to warrant their slots, but Bowser Jr, Dark Pit, and Dr. Mario were a little too much I agree.
>>
>>267178141
>Pit likes Eminem
Really? thats adorable.

>>267178563
A skin would've been better. In fact, I rather have skins as with Aleph and Koopalings than fucking clones. Having Marth sharing the same slot with Lucina would've been neat. Tweaking the normal mario and then adding Dr. Mario would've been neat. I really rather have skins than clones, since they take literally the same time to model and no time to implement.
>>
>>267180032
>Put more effort
If you played any Dynasty Warriors games you'd know his moveset is also copy pasted. Musou games are shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 246x278px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 246x278px
>>267170564
>tfw HE will never EVER be playable
>>
>>267180154
Need to rush the 3ds version out, do you think retro is full of hacks for dk running 30fps on 3ds?
>>
>>267180197
>There was no one important to add for Kid Icarus

The fucking series is named after Palutena in Japan, and she was one of the most requested newcomers. She's to Kid Icarus what Zelda is to Zelda. And as we've established, Dark Pit is just an extra.

And you're stupid if you don't think Bowser Jr. and Rosalina are important to the Mario series.
>>
If my meal had as many bugs as this game Sakurai would never cook again
>>
>>267179434
>because Wario deserved better

So when is he going to get that deserved better thing? We've been waiting for two games.
>>
>>267171534
japan WANTED dark pit
>>
>>267180109

but they hate Nintendo more than they hate Solid Snake.
>>
>>267180437
Based based
>>
>>267180463
Yeah well they at least copy pasted a more appropriate moveset than sakurai did.
>>
>>267180454
Bowser Jr has been in every NSMB game (I think), he's plenty important.
>>
His cooking analogy would be better if he said something along the lines of
>We have this restaurant
>We put the same dishes on the menu, with different food coloring
>>
>>267180174
How do you not consider dk tf a bomb
>>
File: 1379385484471.jpg (111KB, 768x569px) Image search: [Google]
1379385484471.jpg
111KB, 768x569px
>>267180349
>shitty pit recolor
>flavor of the year generational pokemon
>self-insert Mary Sue shells for Fire Emblem
>important to their franchises thanks to longstanding appeal
>important to Nintendo in general
>>
>>267170767

DAMN son, you rosterfag niggas got called out for the manbabbies you are.
>>
>>267180558
Impossible.
>>
>>267179494
Brawl was delayed twice, they had time to maybe change around some animations while other teams worked on other parts.
>>
>>267179743
do we know if they're in the Wii U version?
>>
>>267180681
And a one off character is important to zelda or Nintendo?
>>
>>267180154
holy shit you are actually a child
>>
File: 236437457.jpg (236KB, 437x549px)
236437457.jpg
236KB, 437x549px
>>267179702
Protoman
Evil Megaman
Shadow
Metal Sonic
Ms Pacman
>>
>>267177297
>new DLC practices
DLC done right. Extra content made after release.
There is nothing fucking wrong with this.
>>
>>267174771
>piggy atack
This could have been so good
>>
>>267180487

Yeah, kinda.
>>
>>267175735
>I'm not going to waste budget on new characters, I hope you like clones because those take no effort

that's completely wrong. It goes like
>Okay we've almost finished making the game, but we only have 48 characters. Is there anyway we could beef up the roster a little?
>Let's make a few clone characters because we literally spent all our resources on developing the game as is

No matter how many times he says the clones are an afterthought, people on /v/ are just going to choose to believe that he gave the clones priority
>>
>>267180821
>>267173062
>>267176841
>>267178341
And then there's shit-eating samefag.
>>
>>267180894
>more than one third party per company and clones
>>
File: 1412680233345.jpg (15KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
1412680233345.jpg
15KB, 224x225px
>Mario gets a new character with Bowser Jr
>Pokemon gets greninja
>Zelda gets shit
>>
>>267179914

I wish Sakurai understood that being playable or even having representation in Smash makes them have a surge in popularity. He experienced it first hand with Fire Emblem and again with Kid Icarus.
>>
Sakufag needs to be fired
>>
File: 1412462879150.jpg (18KB, 259x253px)
1412462879150.jpg
18KB, 259x253px
>>267180549
The rest of the world knows about Japan's shit taste and Nintendo needs to stop listening to them from time to time.

Nips don't genuinely care about actual gaming anymore, just the kind of fap material they can get or generate from it.
>>
>>267180234
No, he doesn't. He used him in one demo thing and said he wasn't used to playing him.

>>267180681
Popular Pokemon usually stay popular, and are WAY more iconic than Zelda will ever be. Awakening saved the FE franchise and was critically acclaimed so it deserved a rep, though I think two was a bit overboard.
>>
I'm just pissed about no fucking SSE

the worst part is the pathetic excuse sakurai gave,i think he's just getting lazy
>>
File: now we're talkin.jpg (17KB, 340x250px) Image search: [Google]
now we're talkin.jpg
17KB, 340x250px
>>267180894
>protoman
>megaman but with link's shield
>>
>>267180894

>Protoman
People would bitch about him not using his shield.
>Shadow
Already an assist trophy
>Metal Sonic
Moves differently and plays differently from sonic
>Ms Pacman
That one I'll give you
>>
>>267180681
>flavor of the year generational pokemon

I remember when Brawl was new, and people were saying that about Lucario, and that'd he be cut and replaced in SSB4.

Yet, here we are now with Lucario being a mascot on the same level as Pikachu and Charizard. He even had a failed attempt at a replacement (Zoroark).

I'll laugh when Greninja joins them and stays for Smash 5.
>>
>>267181014
Blame Hackurai
>>
>>267181014
>The two most important franchises to Nintendo have the most reps.
HOLY WHAT A SHOCKER.
>>
>>267181014
Mario got TWO unique characters and a clone.
Zelda, Metroid, and DK got jack shit.
>>
File: Fess-eirika.jpg (84KB, 650x800px)
Fess-eirika.jpg
84KB, 650x800px
>>267179836
isn't his palette an Ike alt? yfw Smash 5 FE character alts will be completely different characters instead of palette alts
>>
>>267170564
>But, I guess since a lot of them are children, it cannot be helped.
Will this rekking ever end?
>>
>>267180935
Posting the DLC to your game menus and turing on your game pad to advertise to you is a far cry from "doing it right"
>>
>>267181154
>Liking SSE on /v/

Anon, that's a capital offense.
>>
>>267180612

How do you, exactly?
Even if it was, do you really think one game underpreforming would kill a series that's been there since the snes (or even before if you count before country), even though the games it was a sequel to sold well?
>>
>>267181014
>2 series more popular than Zelda get additional content
>Zelda still gets some tweaks to the currently existing characters as well as some new items

But no, they didn't get Ghirahim as a fighter so I guess that means no one is paying attention to Zelda at all. Go figure.
>>
File: 1312775665124.jpg (31KB, 366x401px) Image search: [Google]
1312775665124.jpg
31KB, 366x401px
>>267181094
hey faggot. K.Rool will NEVER get into smash bros
>>
>>267181014
>Link gets some new moves
>Ganon is buffed
>Zelda/Sheik given new moves as they are now split
>Two new stages
>New items
>New Assist Trophies

wow sakurai fucking hates zelda
>>
File: 1368750067614.png (39KB, 348x319px) Image search: [Google]
1368750067614.png
39KB, 348x319px
>>267181246
Nope, this is doing it right.
>>
>>267181014

1. Mario and Pokemon aren't just Nintendo's two biggest franchises, they're the two biggest video game franchises period. Zelda is way below them.

2. Zelda already has all of its important characters.
>>
>>267181014
>two of nintendo's biggest moneymakers get new characters

you do know that animal crossing sells on par with the average zelda game, right? it's not as big as you think it is
>>
>>267181014

Does Zelda need a new rep? You've gotall the triforce pieces covered plus.
>>
>>267181206
So?
>>
>>267178026
Tourneyfags don't really care about clones as long as the gameplay is straight.

It's you guys he's talking about.
>>
>>267181196
Why blame the poor miku of paradise?
>>
>>267181372
>u mad bro pic
Okay friend
>>
>>267181246
>turning on the gamepad to advertise you
you can opt out of that shit though
>>
>>267170564
I don't get the problem

unless people are not understanding what he meant

no other characters would have been given with the time and resources he had it didn't take much effort to add the clones. The clones did not detract from anything

the slots the clone characters used would not have been used by other characters

Smash with a few extra characters > Smash with a few less characters
>>
>kid icarus needs more reps
>zelda doesn't
>>
File: 1322205023674s.jpg (104KB, 396x294px) Image search: [Google]
1322205023674s.jpg
104KB, 396x294px
>>267181334

>ganon buffed
>still in the running for worst character
>>
>>267181206
Metroid isn't really a series with a lot of characters get over it ridleyfags
DK is a Mario spin-off since Rare left
Zelda not getting a new character and all possible newcomers being turned into trophies is a travesty
>>
>>267181582
Zelda doesn't
>>
>>267181559
if we use Melee for calculations, we would have had half of a character done if we gave up those three clones.
>>
File: 1412552615774.gif (670KB, 1280x570px) Image search: [Google]
1412552615774.gif
670KB, 1280x570px
I have to say, I am very satisfied with the new Smash. It's wonderful. I couldn't ask for more, Little Mac is an amazing character and I love the new stages.

Only complaint is that I cannot change how often items appear.

Other then that, it's pretty fucking great.
>>
>>267181497
It's shitty when smash is supposed to be about all of Nintendo, not just Mario.

And that's coming from a guy whose favorite Nintendo series is Mario.
>>
>>267181334
Biased Icarus gets:
New moves
Two new reps
A brand new final smash
Custom movesets
A million SR enemies
A million ATs
2 new stages

Based sakushit
>>
>>267181582
don't you think Zelda has enough clones?
>>
>>267181257
>not like SSE and adventure mode
>>
Ganondorf and Wario are the most shameful Smash characters. You might as well call them Gustaf and Wallace.
>>
>>267181582
Zelda doesn't. You have 5 reps, two of which shouldn't be in the game to begin with.
>>
>>267181624
>worst character

palutena is fucking useless
Fox/Falco have been mega nerfed
Olimar is shit tier thanks to no more chaingrabs+3 less pikmn
>>
>>267181582

Zelda really doesn't, it's already got, Link, Zelda, Dorf, Shiek, and Toon Link.
>>
>>267181768
It's shitty when last game dk got a new character my favorite character got jack shit
>>
>>267181837
>Fox/Falco have been mega nerfed
What the fuck are you talking about? Have you even played the game?>
>>
>>267181737
>that image
What about Mac, Palutena, and Mii Swordsman?
>>
>Sheik a character only in one game even if its Zelda gets into Smash
>anyone else gets the shit can
>>
>>267181014

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_franchises

Look at where Zelda is compared to Mario and Pokemon.

Even Sonic has way more sales than Zelda.
>>
File: rage (2).gif (2MB, 639x348px) Image search: [Google]
rage (2).gif
2MB, 639x348px
>>267179434
>mfw 10 year me hated all the clones
>Could have gotten a new character instead
>>
>>267170767
Go fuck yourself chink
>>
>>267182001
Fox has less killing power on his moves, Falco lost killing power too in addition to no longer being able to jump cancel his lasers
>>
File: dededepressed.png (12KB, 560x480px) Image search: [Google]
dededepressed.png
12KB, 560x480px
>>267182075
>the king of kings could have been in Melee
>>
>>267170564
>While Dark Pit and Pit are the same, making Dark Pit a separate character was required in order to give him “his unique arm and Final Smash”.

Well that was really fucking worth it wasn't it?
>>
>>267182007
It only shows the Important fighters that can counter.
>>
>>267178053
Where did someone say that?
>>
>>267182153

fox is massively buffed due to the physics change

falco is nerfed, but still has more tools than half the cast

They both got recovery buffs and no getting chain-grabbed buffs. I question how you could possibly consider ganon better than either of them
>>
>>267182289
>Lucina
>important
>>
>>267182007
Mii Swordsman and Palutena are great if you can git good with them. I've seen couple of my friends use them quite proficiently.

>>267182153
Yet Falco's smash attacks are more powerful and Fox is over all, faster.
Adapt faggot.
>>
>>267182475
To awakening yes.
>>
>>267182575
To what?
>>
>>267182630
Awakening you faggot.
>>
File: 1399821031766.png (193KB, 293x295px)
1399821031766.png
193KB, 293x295px
>>267179434

>Sakurai felt that Wario deserved better
>turns him into a LOL GROSS XD Warioware character instead of basing him off Wario Land
>>
>>267182630
The game she was in
>>
>>267182630
To awakening yes. He means Lucina is important to awakening your inner Captain Falcon.
>>
File: 1411856964595.png (119KB, 547x609px)
1411856964595.png
119KB, 547x609px
>>267182630
>Very profitable, critically acclaimed game that brought back a dying franchise isn't at all important
>>
GOD TIER
>Pac Man
>Mega Man
Great Tier
>Little Mac
>Shulk
RUSED Tier
>Duck Hunt
>Bowser Jr
>Wii Fit Trainer
>Villager
We all saw it coming Tier
>Rosalina
>Mii Fighters
>Greninja (A pokemon from X/Y in general)
WAIFU TIER
>Palutena
>Lucina
TOTALLY NOT BIASED GUYS, I SWEAR TIER
>Dark Pit
>>
File: 1356913407253.jpg (10KB, 104x89px)
1356913407253.jpg
10KB, 104x89px
>Cover the leftovers of another meal in chocolate syrup
>Waaah why doesn't anybody want my shitty dessert
>>
File: Lanky_Kong_SSBB.png (165KB, 380x472px) Image search: [Google]
Lanky_Kong_SSBB.png
165KB, 380x472px
>>267180474
HE always has a chance.
>>
>>267182630
I don't think you know that Awakening literally saved the Fire Emblem frachise
>>
>>267182709
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87sCDkT6xPM

Blame Nintendo. That's what they want Wario to be now. Of course Smash is going to reflect that.
>>
>This is like a free dessert after a luxurious meal that was prepared free of charge. In a restaurant with this type of service, I don’t think there’s anybody who would say, “Change this to a meat dish!!”

No, but I should be able to ask if they can give me a different dessert if the one you give me has nuts and I'm allergic to nuts. :^)
>>
>>267183362

That doesn't really work.

Sakurai's analogy is.

With every meal get a free scoop of ice cream!

And you ask if you can substitute the ice cream for the more expensive cake.
>>
>>267174694
but you aren't obligated to touch the filler so what's the problem? It's just there.
>>
>>267182936
FE was dying? It seemed doing alright with finally getting western releases since gamecube/gba times.
>>
>>267183924
All of which did abysmal.
>>
>>267183336
So the wario ware games were the ones that ruined based WarioLand Wario? Fuck that shit...
Thread posts: 588
Thread images: 88

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.