[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
SEGA no longer wants to engage the community...
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 523
Thread images: 99
File: 11_zps7ff11fdc.png (272 KB, 852x469) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
11_zps7ff11fdc.png
272 KB, 852x469
http://www.tssznews.com/2014/08/25/sonic-boom-producer-frost-suspends-public-responses-to-fan-questions/

HAHAHAHAHA! We finally have a Sonic game that even SEGA is ashamed of.
>>
Why is sonic's forhead so huge is all I wanna know.
>>
>>259811129
Fuck now there's no way at all that it'll be good.
I was hoping that SEGA would take some of the fan complaints to heart but it looks like that isn't happening.
>>
>>259811129
You make it sound as if they aren't ashamed of some of their earlier games
>>
This game is going to be a disaster.
>>
>>259811335
There's no way to fix it. The problems with the game are issues with the very core of the gameplay itself, it is unfixable. The whole thing was shit from the start
>>
Do you think this game will be better or worse than 06?
I'm hoping for the former but it's hard to keep enthusiasm when stuff like this happens.
>>
here let me make this easy for you when a new sonic game comes out

is it just a collection of hd remakes of old levels from the good sonic games? if not then it will be pure shit
>>
>SSMB

No wonder he's given up. You couldn't pay me to talk with those horsefuckers.
>>
>>259811761
I think the only upside it will have from 06 will be that it might have a better story and that it will be playable.
>>
Good. Let this whole stupid "experiment" be buried and forgotten.
>>
>>259811375
The difference here is that the shame came after those games were released.
>>
>>259811761

Better. This game will at least be playable. '06 showed off a bunch of features at E3 that had to be scrapped to meet the rushed anniversary deadline, and even then they had to ship it in alpha state because it still needed a year of dev time.
>>
I don't like that article. It treats Sonic 4 as a total mistake that should never have been.
>>
So will people finally stop asking for a Western developed Sonic game? You idiots got it, and it's looking like it could dethrone Sonic 06. And that game was bad mostly because of time constraints. These people actually tried with Boom.
>>
File: keylogger.png (51 KB, 698x559) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
keylogger.png
51 KB, 698x559
>>259811129
Rate my OC
>>
So how many blunders does Sega have to shit out before they realize that maybe they should implement some kind of quality control on the Sonic IP instead of just cranking out as many games on as many platforms as fast as they can?
>>
>>259811129
>Third party Wii U exclusive
>not shit

And it is Sonic on top of that, what the hell did you guys expected?
>>
Meanwhile, Sanzaru's 3ds version gets no comments or complaints because sonic fans already think it's going to be pretty damn good.

It might be pretty damn good actually.
>>
>>259812389
This is what they consider quality control.
>>
>>259812389
as god awful as they are i bet they still turn a profit on name alone
>>
>>259811761
Depends. 06 is in the awesomely bad category because of all the physics oddities. Boom will be bad but playable. Will it be laughably bad like 06?
>>
File: 004-1024x576.jpg (81 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
004-1024x576.jpg
81 KB, 1280x720
>>259812143

>implying Boom wont be rushed to meet deadlines too.

It's a prequel to the TV series so they have to release this fall regardless of what state it's in.

Just think; THIS picture could be a bullshot and the final product will look even worse
>>
>>259811129

https://www.change.org/p/sega-increase-the-number-of-pc-releases-segapcports
>>
>>259812643
Sonic 360 is just a bad game. I don't see how you were getting goofy fun out of it, I just found a lot of its quirks frustrating.
>>
File: image.jpg (194 KB, 1280x1313) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
194 KB, 1280x1313
>>259811129
They should have done this 7 Sonics ago.

A bunch of furries asking ridiculous questions and spergs getting pissed about minor changes is exactly what you want to avoid when rebooting a franchise. Talking with the community regularly outside of releasing new information is just a negative.
>>
Sonic Boom is going to be horrible because it's trying to crib off of other games' identity instead of establish its own. Everything I've seen and played of it screams Ratchet and Clank + Jak and Daxter, but somehow worse
>>
>>259811129
Has Sonic ever been good?
>>
>>259812245

It was

>Make Sonic 4
>Change the physics

How the FUCK did that even get suggested at a design meeting? Let alone agreed upon and then implemented.
>>
Not that I want to defend this game or anything, but the article seems to be about Frost backing out due to the criticism from the SEGA boards. I don't blame him since Sonic/SEGA fans are the worst.. Nowhere does it say anything about SEGA backing out or being ashamed about it. Way to make it sound worse than it actually is OP.

Captcha: carelessness depeals
>>
File: 1390794319018.jpg (75 KB, 472x344) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1390794319018.jpg
75 KB, 472x344
>>259812245

You're acting like it wasn't an abomination.
>>
>>259812938
Sonic 4 was way worse than 06, 4 didn't even function as a game, it was not playable, at least I could run around Soleanna in 06 without wanting to kill myself.
>>
File: 1398720532431.jpg (151 KB, 519x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1398720532431.jpg
151 KB, 519x600
>>259811129
This is what you get for pandering to the furfags.

The saddest beings on earth who will buy a sonic game regardless.

Maybe next time you'll just make a good game.
>>
>>259813186
I treat it as something that started off rocky and was showing signs of improvement before they trashed it without capitalizing on its improvement.
>>
I am really, REALLY curious if Sega is making their own in-house game and treating this as a stopgap and a attempt to see if they can cash in on the CGI cartoon market.

Would not be the first time this has happened. STI (The co-developers on Sonic 2 and 3&K, pretty much Sonic Team USA) was working on Sonic Xtreme and SoJ was working on Sonic Adventure for the Saturn (Which got bumped up to the Dreamcast) at the very same time.

I get the feeling they know how bad Sonic Boom is and is trying to do preliminary damage control (Pretty poorly, I might add).
>>
>>259813216
I don't think the furries like it either. Boom is shit in almost everyway.
>>
>>259812938
Afaik, they got some Valve-tier braindead testers that complained about the physics. So they changed them.
>>
They based a TV show on this. Talk about putting all your eggmans in one basket.
>>
>>259811129
>>
>>259811129
I really don't understand what the fuck went wrong with Sonic. They were doing so well with the Unleashed formula. Why the fuck are they ditching that for this trash?
>>
File: 1393299902108.jpg (43 KB, 198x420) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1393299902108.jpg
43 KB, 198x420
>>259813398
>they got some Valve-tier braindead testers that complained about the physics. So they changed them.


....Please tell me that isn't true.
>>
>>259813521
If you want to talk about games that were going in a good direction, let's look at Sonic: Lost World.
>>
>>259811129
They should hire Chris Chan to deal with fan complains.
>>
>>259813345
Boom is just something they shit out because they needed to have one more game to finish up the exclusivity deal with Nintendo
>>
File: haha.jpg (28 KB, 336x370) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
haha.jpg
28 KB, 336x370
>>259813514
This looks familiar....
>>
>>259813514
What the fuck? Knuckles still bothers me.
>>
>>259813514
Oh god why don't consoles have AA yet.
>>
>>259813345

Sonic Team is definitely working on something.

The good news is that they won't have to try as hard, since anything would look good after this clusterfuck.
>>
>>259813750
Yeah lets fucking not. Sonic had a great period from 2008-2012. Transformed was the last good Sonic game but its just a spin off.
>>
>>259813454

I think the TV show was already in production. If you look at all the non-game character designs, they all look they could fit in a more traditional Sonic world. Then BRB came along with their abomination and SEGA decided to force those character designs into the show.
>>
>>259813974
What's worse is that they also still don't have af.
>>
File: 1383590440529.png (99 KB, 295x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1383590440529.png
99 KB, 295x300
>>259813830
You motherfucker.
>>
File: 1382820804579.png (333 KB, 453x695) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1382820804579.png
333 KB, 453x695
>>259813398

If this is true, sonic 4 sucked not because of the fans, but because of dimps.
>>
>>259812663
What is it with these games and just turning the sky into one big area of bloom?
>>
>>259813830
Oh no you don't
>>
>>259813304
If they weren't serious about make a sequel from the start that alone is enough to damn it. Rocky doesn't even begin to describe the levels of completely batshit retarded that envelopes Sonic 4. Episode 2 does not fix much beyond less embarrassing aesthetics.

>>259813514

>we heard you didn't like bandages
>so preorder now to make them even more obnoxious

Fucking why?

>>259813679
It's not. It's clear that Dimps just reused their Rush engine to make a mobile game and the marketing gurus at Sega slapped the Sonic 4 name on it.
>>
>>259813830
NO THANK YOU
>>
>>259811129

If they are really ashamed of it, if they really believe it shit, why not fix it? I mean they do want this game to be a big deal and the game doesn't look like a complete train wreck. They could have tweaked some areas and reworked other areas without a major delay.
>>
File: KEK.png (188 KB, 339x491) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
KEK.png
188 KB, 339x491
>>259813830
thanks doc
>>
>>259812938

They did not go out of their way to change the physics.

They just didn't have any idea what they were doing.
>>
>>259814759

1. The game needs to be out for this fall to tie-in to the TV show (the only way this game is going to sell is if retarded kids fall in love with the "lolsorandumb" humor of the show

2. It would take a LOT more than just "tweaking" and reworking a few areas to make this even acceptable. The game concept is just wrong, it's been implemented in really poor way and even on the most basic technical level the game is fucked. Who thought CryEngine would be good idea for this? An engine that has no splitscreen support for a game that focuses on multiplayer co-op? It's also struggling to stay at 30FPS with the PS2-tier textures it's loading.

Everything they could have done wrong, they have. It's almost an achievement frankly.
>>
>The game uses cryengine 3, which can barely function on a wii u
>The dev team is filled with extremely talented programmers that could have made a better engine in their sleep.
>Despite the dev team being filled with Crash 1-3 and Jak 1-3 developers, they forgot what made those games so good.
>15 fps screenshot leak
>It's a sonic game that runs at 30 fps
>Frost says it's still in alpha as of August

Meanwhile over at Sanzaru Games:

>Dev team responsible for making sly 4 (which is good regardless of your shit opinion)
>Has addressed many complaints and has changed and optimized the game
>Game is clearly near final stages of completion

Meanwhile in France:

>Show has some fantastic animation behind it
>Some physical comedy is being taken
>Writers played some sonic games and watched AOSTH and SATAM for inspiration

>Sega is advertising the HELL out of the wii u version

I can't help but feel Sega is trying to put out a fire while the fireman are just watching.
>>
>>259813514
>that weird glow

It's like somebody who just found the glow setting on Second Life for the first time.
>>
Another Sonic game, another piece of shit. And yet fans still act disappointed.
>>
>>259814017
Not that guy, but the parkour system was a neat idea that if tweaked a bit, could lead to some very interesting and innovative level design. I'd like the parkour to return, it has potential
>>
>>259815704
There's no reason to think that Cryengine 3 has problems running on the WiiU.
>>
>>259812816
You're not suppose to play sonic 06 seriously.
>>
>>259815869
Mirrors Edge is the definitive parkour game. They can add parkor like elements (grabbing ledges, quickly hopping between roofs) but the core gameplay should be about going fast like in unleashed, colors, and generations. Even then if you lightly tap jump in those games you can hop and do basic hops just fine.
>>
>>259811375

They were, after the fact. This is before the game is even out. Sega made a bad deal with some bad developers, and they're open about it.
>>
>>259813974
Don't put the Wii U on par with anything other than a PS3 or a 360, not that PS4/Xbone aren't terrible but they aren't on Wii U territory of bad either.

Also >>259813514
>Knuckles
Every fucking time.
>>
>>259814442
>Episode 2 does not fix much beyond less embarrassing aesthetics.

How could you not notice the tighter physics that feel more like a Sonic game? I think the uncurling thing is still there but jumping isn't a floaty mess in E2.
>>
>>259812567

I believe in Sanzaru.
>>
>>259815704
Isn't Sly 4 already out?
>>
>>259816338
All of the consoles are underpowered shit, its even worse that they have to advertise 1080p and 60 FPS as selling points since they know that the new systems are weak as fuck and barely a step up from last gen
>>
>>259813830
what was that comic called again?
>>
>>259815960

There's no reason to think otherwise either, just looking at screenshots I thought it was made in the free version of Unity.
>>
>>259816657
Tails Gets Trolled.
>>
>>259814017
Lost World wasn't that bad, you're exaggerating.
>>
>>259813345

Sonic Team is without a doubt working on a next-gen Sonic. Possibly not even to be released on the Wii U at all.
>>
>>259816906
not that one, you know what I'm talking about
>>
>>259816147
I see your point, but the parkour could be a supplement to the speed and allow for a better platforming focus, which the series is in need of and LW did a semi-decent job with that. Think of it like X's Wall jump in the X series, as it opens up a whole new swath of possibilities for good, fun level design
>>
>>259816851
The engine you use doesn't determine the assets a game uses. It does determine some things but you could most likely make a phone game in Cryengine 3 just like you can do in Frostbite and UE4. If the developers use shitty assets and don't use the engine to its potential it doesn't matter what engine they use. The game being made in Cryengine 3 doesn't automatically make it intensive to run.
>>
>>259816621
In reality they aren't a step up, they are completely different from architecture to power, a 7870 can't compere to the G70 series that PS3/360 had as GPUs.

Even though PS4/Xbone are completely underpowered when it comes to higher end GPUs, it is not factual to say that the GPU on both consoles is barely an improvement of what PS3/360 had.
>>
>>259811129
Have they showed much of it off recently? I've been hearing that they wouldn't show the Wii U version for some reason. Are they pushing for a release date like they did with 06?
>>
>>259812663

I think I've seen better-looking environments in Sonic Adventure to be completely honest.
>>
>>259815960

Yeah if you strip everything that made it cryengine, it's certainly passible on the wii u.
>>
>>259817114
Two arms of the forbidden one.
>>
Do Sonic games really do well enough to keep warranting sequels? When will they just give up on the franchise?
>>
>>259817254
IIRC they were going to show it at gamescom but the build they had kept crashing
>>
>>259812927
2 and sonic 3 and knuckles and SA2 are all great games.

2 and sonic 3 and knuckles holds up really well.
>>
>>259811761

06 was literally released in an alpha state.

It'll take a lot to be worse than that.
>>
>>259812567
This. I'm still excite for the 3DS game.

>>259812445
Most Wii U exclusives are pretty goddamn great, it's just Sega being Sega here
>>
>>259811375
Sonic games have never been really outstanding but at least they ran at 60fps. This is just a cheap cash in on the movie.

And it's not aimed at you, it's aimed at toddlers. That's why we get braindead gameplay. Deal with it.
>>
>>259817213

There have been comments made by developers about the difficulties working with the engine and the Wii U's architecture already, especially in regards to split-screen.
>>
>>259811129
See? This is why developing a western-audience targeted Sonic game was a TERRIBLE idea.
>>
>>259814335
theyre n64 ports
>>
>>259814168
AF should be free by now... Even on a shitty 750 it barely lowers the framerate at 16xAF
>>
>>259817451
actually its alpha stage had animations and shit that didn't show up in the final game, the alpah was better

>>259812445
Sonic Lost World was good. Sonic Colours was good, this is just shit.
>>
Everyone keeps bringing up how Big Red Button is made up of ex-Naughty Dog devs but fails to mention that they also have staff from Heavy Iron, Luxo Flux and High Impact Games. If you've never heard of them take a look at their track records:

Heavy Iron:
>Scooby-Doo! Night of 100 Frights
>The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie
>The Incredibles
>The Incredibles: Rise of the Underminer
>Ratatouille
>WALL-E
>Up
>UFC Personal Trainer
>Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse
>Harley Pasternak's Hollywood Workout
>Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two

Luxo Flux:
>Vigilante 8
>Star Wars: Demolition
>True Crime: Streets of LA GameCube,
>Shrek 2
>True Crime: New York City
>Kung Fu Panda
>Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

High Impact Games:
>Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
>Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier
>Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
>Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Wii version)
>Dreamworks Super Star Kartz
>Super Ninja
>GOGO Fishing
>Disney Princess: My Fairytale Adventure

There's about 4 titles on that list that could be considered just above shovelware tier.
>>
>>259817537

Sonic almost always had a western influence. Hell, Sonic 2 was made in America for the most part.

This time around, I don't know what they're thinking.
>>
>>259812663
>sky is literally all bloom, background details like small trees are majorly obscured because of it

Fucking wow.
>>
>>259817293
It's a fucking engine. You're not "stripping" anything. If Cryengine was used more you would see much more variety in what the engine can do but as it is it's mostly only used for games like Crysis and Ryse which all use it to look similar.

>>259817513
I can't see why that would be. Cryengine 3 ran on the PS3 and 360, which are similar to the WiiU in how they're made, tri core cpu and stuff like that. I find it easier to believe that these devs are just poor developers than Cryengine inherently having difficulties with how the console is made.
>>
>>259817302
cmon man, last time i only got to like page 4 because someone was dumping it but then the dumper got banned or something
>>
File: 1407603805386.jpg (11 KB, 480x441) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1407603805386.jpg
11 KB, 480x441
>>259817676
>Shrek 2
SONIC BOOM CONFIRMED FOR GOAT GOTYEY
>>
>>259816378

The physics aren't the only problem with the game and still aren't much more accurate. Namely the level design and shit like the homing attack still being shit.
>>
>>259817676
>>Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Wii version)

Call of Duty had a Wii version? What? It sold what 10 copies?
>>
File: Dreck.png (427 KB, 500x483) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Dreck.png
427 KB, 500x483
>>259817676
>Shrek 2
>>
File: 1381539976530.png (51 KB, 632x511) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1381539976530.png
51 KB, 632x511
>>259817423
Well that's a bad sign for the quality of the game.
>>
File: 1400266935470.jpg (45 KB, 500x375) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1400266935470.jpg
45 KB, 500x375
>people actually thought Sonic and the Ghostly Adventures might be good

The moment the game was announced to be a cartoon tie-in its fate was sealed.

Maybe the game will sell on the Sonic brand at least. Vgchartz says Pacman and the ghostly adventures is currently sitting at a massive 30,000 copies solid.
>>
>>259817754
One word. Merchandising.

SEGA of America doesn't even care anymore. They just want money. Re-working the IP like this was just to haul in some cash, while the working formula they had with Colors, Generations and World just apparently didn't work well for them.

Great job fixing something that wasn't broken, SEGA...
>>
>>259817901
Two Babies
>>
>>259817676
They don't make shovelware because they're bad. For all you know they could be talented and just never had a chance to flaunt it.
>>
>>259817676

Heavy Iron also made this game, which was fantastic.
>>
>>259817901
Do you really want to know, anon?
>>
>>259817242
>Even though PS4/Xbone are completely underpowered when it comes to higher end GPUs, it is not factual to say that the GPU on both consoles is barely an improvement of what PS3/360 had.
holy shit
>>
File: My eyes spengboob.jpg (10 KB, 200x182) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
My eyes spengboob.jpg
10 KB, 200x182
>>259812663
>that bloom
>>
File: [001048].jpg (32 KB, 600x342) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
[001048].jpg
32 KB, 600x342
>>259817067
Inb4 it gets a 3DS port though
>>
File: 1406003524713.png (527 KB, 800x570) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1406003524713.png
527 KB, 800x570
>>259817676
>Harley Pasternak's Hollywood Workout
>Shrek 2
>Disney Princess: My Fairytale Adventure
HOLY KEK
This game will be the train wreck to surpass all other train wrecks.
>>
>>259814335

Programmers who haven't seen the sun in ten years think that's what the sky looks like because their eyes are super sensitive to light.
>>
File: smug_anime.gif (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
smug_anime.gif
2 MB, 640x360
>>259818097
>World
>Following Colors/Generations' example

Lolno, SLoW sucked ass and played completely differently
>>
>>259811761

Remember when '06 was supposed to be a franchise reboot? I'm not even sure what was going on in their heads considering did no actual rebooting.
>>
For gods sake this is fucking retarded.

What the creators of Sonic Boom did is simply dont take more question on the official Sega.com forum. It's not about being ashamed or w/e bullcrap you autistic underage nerds think it is. Sonic Boom will be good game.
>>
>>259818097
Well SEGA of America can actually sell the games SEGA of Japan makes so they have to come out with a way to make money, if Sega of Japan only allows them to release Miku games on Vita there is nothing they can do other than trying to release shovelware.
>>
>>259812663
You know the graphics aren't even the worst part, the fact that this has been seen running at 22fps~ is a nightmare
>>
>>259812389
gotta go fast
>>
>that crush 40 music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwpf8lNqDQE

this hurts me as much as seeing hideki naganuma have to do the ost for arcade machines and shitty shonen anime
>>
>>259817941
While you are correct that Ep2 isnt as good as the originals is much, much, much better than Ep1.
>>
>>259818105
That was one shovelware title I didn't regret getting. Also I miss the fact that there aren't shovelware titles anymore, I think that Korra game made by Platinum could be interesting.
>>
I hate how much power the fans have, i would normally love it but its just destructive power. A good written critic becomes popular too quickly and affects judgement of overall public before they can even try it.

People loves to give their opinion, and their opinion is the holy true. When the true is, fans dont really know what they want.
>>
>>259811129
They crushed his spirit.
Sonic fans are the worst
>>
>>259811129

>Sega wasn't even ashamed of 06
>But they are of Boom

This is it.

This is the game that kills the Sonic franchise.
>>
>>259818669

Shovelware still exists
>>
>>259818154
It isn't. Or you think that a G70 series GPU could do what the PS4/Xbone can? Stop being retarded and stop being hyperbolic.
>>
>>259818114
i'm not really sure
>>
>>259818669
I dont think you know what shovelware means
>>
File: 1402671438485.png (542 KB, 811x710) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1402671438485.png
542 KB, 811x710
>>259818298
hardest I've laughed in a while, good job anon
>>
>>259811129
Imagine being employed to interact with Sonic fans on a daily basis. It's amazing he hasn't killed himself.
>>
>>259812245

But if it wasn't for Sonic 4, then we wouldn't have the engine for Freedom Planet which is the best sonic game made in the past 20 years.
>>
The kids will eat it up because it's new, the old fanbase that hates the lack of quality will be shunned, and all will "be well."

Sega doesn't fucking care about quality any more, they're in it for money.

And as long as their target market enjoys it, the "fanbase" is fucked.

Sonic stopped being good a long time ago.
It's time to move on.
>>
>>259818626
>That Air Gear soundtrack
Man i wish that anime was better
>>
>>259816147
Boosting is meh. The only game I thought that got the super speed thing right was the very first attempt: Sonic Advance 2. I liked that mostly because it felt like you were pushing Sonic to go that fast. The other attempts just had a boost button that you hit and suddenly Sonic is racing through the landscape and plowing through all the obstacles (Sonic Advance 2 didn't make you invulnerable during top speed).

It feels too derivative and thoughtless. It wasn't as amazing as actually hitting that top speed on your own.

I still say 3D-wise Sonic Adventure was the best attempt. It's not platform-oriented enough but everything else about the way Sonic handled felt correct. If they made the levels more platform-focused then that would be about as good as you could make Sonic in 3D.
>>
>>259818835
Well 06 had the spirit of a Sonic game, it was hammy, it made no sense, it was full of barely functional high speed platforming, it expected to be taken seriously.

I don't even know what Boom is.
>>
>>259818924
Two Babies, One Fox.
It's pretty shitty.
>>
>>259818835
SEGA was very ashamed of 06. Same with the story book series.
They basically disowned them.
>>
looks like a shitty low budget activision ps2 platformer.

Kind of like the devaint art trilogy in many ways, from the shitty platforming merged with shitty beat em up
>>
>>259811129
Sega is in the red and they put a bunch of money into Boom, especially with the TV series and everything.

They're sweating and panicking.

So, typical Sega business decision as usual.
>>
>>259819208
>shitty.
You card.
>>
>>259817657
>Sonic Lost World was good
pftahahahaha
>>
>>259819226
Secret Rings was pretty good
>>
So guys, who's treating their mascot worse:
Sega or Capcom?
>>
>>259818950
And I don't think you know that shovelware wasn't always a term to talk about bad tittles, but about titles that had 0 marketing and usually rely on brand recognition of the IP they were representing that during the PS1/PS2 days became the norm and there were a flood of this kind of games, kinda like what happen at the early 80's in America.
>>
>>259817676

Sometimes three rights can make a wrong anon.

Anyone can make a bad game, it's just their time to make said bad game.
>>
File: dxmountainside.jpg (169 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
dxmountainside.jpg
169 KB, 1280x720
>>259817292

>tfw you're actually 100% right.
>>
File: sonic_lost_world.webm (1 MB, 720x404) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
sonic_lost_world.webm
1 MB, 720x404
>>259817657
>Lost World
>Good
>>
File: 1408612716746.jpg (72 KB, 500x393) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1408612716746.jpg
72 KB, 500x393
Does anyone have that picture of knuckles poking fun of those bodybuilding supplement ads?
>>
>>259811129
I'd get tired too of people asking questions like "CAN MY ORIGINALCHARACTERDONUTSTEEL GET IN" or "WHEN WILL YOU GUYS ANNOUNCE SHERDER THE EDGEHOG FOR SANIC BUM"
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 395x374) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 395x374
>>259819381
>secret rings
>good
>>
>>259815704
>>Despite the dev team being filled with Crash 1-3 and Jak 1-3 developers, they forgot what made those games so good.
wrong.

One guy from Naughty Dog, an art guy.
>>
>>259815704
>15 fps screenshot

Excuse me?
>>
>>259819226

If Sega was ashamed of 06, they would have NEVER EVER released that game in the state that it is.

SEGA has no shame, until now.
>>
>>259813830
Giggle maximum.
>>
>>259819381

secret rings, sonic 06, and black knight all used the same gameplay engine

unleashed was a massive improvement, colors and generations built on it. lost world was its own thing.
>>
>>259812143

What was cut aside from the original story?
>>
>>259819638
>implying that the OP isn't accurate

Let's face it, everyone was giving them shit and they KNOW they have a flawed product.

I'm fucking retarded but I think I'm going to end up getting this game anyway. Not full price, though.
>>
File: 1393443064346.png (1016 KB, 2778x1008) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1393443064346.png
1016 KB, 2778x1008
>>259819595
>>
File: ALL OF THE COCKS.png (11 KB, 412x368) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ALL OF THE COCKS.png
11 KB, 412x368
Frankly this game is going to suck ALL OF THE COCKS.
>>
>>259819657
I played it for the Mario Party mode

It was better than mario party 8
>>
>>259819567
There's a bunch of places you can be on the wrong dimension for, it's funny really.
>>
>>259811764
> I LOVE REHASHES THIS MUCH \______o______/
>>
File: 1408941479344.png (35 KB, 350x298) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1408941479344.png
35 KB, 350x298
>>259812445
>"i-it's shit because of wiiu"
and here we go with this crap, and we just predicted this few days ago. it's already

>game developed by ex-naugthy dog devs
>Sega once again let another shitty 3rd-party to develop another Sonic game on Nintendo consoles (Bioware was probably first)

and you are implying this game would be better on another console. you're will to eat the shit if it not on wiiu?
>>
Here's a list of all the good parts of 3d sonic games:

>Sonic Jam's Sonic World
>Sonic Adventure 1 (Minus Parts of Amy and Big)
>Sonic Adventure 2 (Sonic and Shadow)
>Sonic Heroes (minus chaotix)
>Sonic Unleashed (day)
>Sonic Colors
>Sonic Generations
>Sonic Lost World (selective stages)

Maybe sonic should stay 2d.
>>
File: 1408866262875.jpg (63 KB, 400x331) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1408866262875.jpg
63 KB, 400x331
>>259811129
>mfw it's Sonic 06 2
>>
>>259812389

That's what they said they were going to do after Black Knight and we got Colours and Generations out of them after they said that.
>>
>>259819846
>secret rings, sonic 06, and black knight all used the same gameplay engine

Woah woah woah...what? I have to question that...
>>
File: 1391732553259.jpg (31 KB, 500x400) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1391732553259.jpg
31 KB, 500x400
>>259819595
>>
>>259819912

You would have been better off playing Sonic Shuffle
>>
>>259812663

What the shit? Sonic Adventure looks better played on the damn Dreamcast.
>>
>>259813830
I'm laughing in the inside
>>
File: 1391621392166.png (402 KB, 700x341) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1391621392166.png
402 KB, 700x341
>>259819975

NO! YOU MENTIONED IT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o47N-aYd08
>>
>>259820003
They'd probably fuck up 2D once again, the last good one was Sonic Colours on DS
>>
>>259820003
At least two-thirds of what you just listed is actually shit.
>>
File: IMG_0854.png (351 KB, 512x384) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_0854.png
351 KB, 512x384
>>259812663
aahahaha power of the Wii U right here
>>
>>259820140
I did, shuffle is the absolute worst mario party ripoff ever
>>
File: 1408901800488.gif (1 MB, 390x384) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1408901800488.gif
1 MB, 390x384
>>259819481
>Sonic Adventure's graphics
Say what you want about the game, but fuck if that era of polygonal graphics doesn't look cool.
>>
File: sanic.jpg (94 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
sanic.jpg
94 KB, 1280x720
http://sanicball.com/

We sanicball now
>>
File: 1358831264156.png (28 KB, 291x183) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1358831264156.png
28 KB, 291x183
>>259818454
>Sonic boom will be a good game

Unless they're hiding an entirely different game from the current videos, you can extrapolate what the game will play like and analyzing the footage now, it looks like shit.

>>259818651
Episode 1 was garbage. Episode 2 is less mangled but still subpar. Better bosses, uniquish tropes and enemies, entirely overhauled graphics, and some physics changes. It still completely bungles level design with many outright awful stages, even more grating music, pace breaking and overpowered team attacks, an unplayable Tails, an unfitting homing attack, rolling is still pointless, the spindash soundeffect is still reversed, and despite all the dashpads and springs its slow as shit.
>>
File: 2014-08-07_00003.jpg (1 MB, 5760x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
2014-08-07_00003.jpg
1 MB, 5760x1080
>>259819657
>tfw buying a Wii soon just to play all these fucking batshit Sonic games
Colors, Secret of the Rings, the Unleashed port, Black Knight, it's gonna be so happenin'.
>>
>>259812663
The Wii U is a next gen console, they said.
>>
>>259818867
>talking shit about dance games

I bet you're fun at parties.

I don't like them, but they always lighten up a party
>>
>>259812663
This is a Wii U game........
>>
>>259812927

confirmed for never having a sega genesis. GTFO, underager
>>
They finally broke the sonic cycle with colors and generations. So what the fuck happened that made them veer off in the opposite direction and make fucking Sonic Boom? Yes, I know it's not made in-house but that's irrelevant
>>
I thought Sonic Boom was meant to be a fresh spin off.

Do sega actually believe boosting along catwalk platforms and hitting bound pads constitutes fun?
>>
>>259815704

Did anyone actually did up who from Naughty Dog actually moved to Big Red Button games? I recall Nintendo scooping up all the high level guys that got sick of making realistic games.
>>
>>259820240
this is why Bioware should keep off of anything Sega, Capcom, or Nintendo related. Also they were responsible for "The Penders Wave"
>>
>>259820509

Why not just use Dolphin?
>>
>>259820003
But most of that is shit.
>>
>>259820509

Don't forget the second Sonic Riders game.
>>
>>259820509
I'LL MAKE YOU EAT THOSE WORDS
>>
>>259820690
>Also they were responsible for "The Penders Wave"

The what?
>>
>>259820509
Enjoy your 30 minutes of half-hearted enjoyment followed by a realization that you're not very intelligent.
>>
>>259820719
Colors runs pretty well but it's just not reliable. I can get a Wii for like $30 and mod it, might as well.
>>
>>259820601
I think the problem is that the style of 3d sonic they have settled on is just shit.

Colors and Generations are just a turd iterated and polished until it shines. You cant get beyond that
>>
>>259820785

The Sonic Archie Comic went batshit in 2008.
>>
>>259820240
jesus christ, it sounds like a kid randomly stumbled upon a piano for the first time and just started smashing keys
>>
File: tails.jpg (87 KB, 376x324) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
tails.jpg
87 KB, 376x324
>>259820003

The 2D sections of Generations and Lost World are the worst parts about those games though. Colors scrapes by since it was primarily 2D, but its 3D managed to be more barebones.
>>
>>259820683
only one guy, an art guy

Thus the bandages, thats your naughty dog inheritance.
>>
>>259821030
But Bioware wasn't responsible for it, that was something that'd been building since Penders was hired.
>>
>>259817513
I thought that the reason they were having troubles with split screen was not because of the Wii U but because CryEngine 3 doesn't actually support it.
>>
File: 1400028442387.jpg (68 KB, 640x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1400028442387.jpg
68 KB, 640x480
>>259811129
This is just depressing now.
>>
>>259820785
Penders and Sega w/ Bioware went to court because Bioware was using similar shit from the comics for the game (Shade, the Nocturne clan, Ix the Enchilada, etc.) and Sega didn't man up to tell Penders what's good.
>>
>>259815832
Just what I was thinking, since when were the sonic dev team taking ideas from sonic sex clubs?
>>
>>259821209
>But Bioware wasn't responsible for it
What is Shade and Julie-Su.
>>
>>259821136
Funny how when you get rid of 2d in lost world and generations, Sonic Team seems to have actually nailed it.

Maybe Sonic Team should stop abiding to the past and just make 3d platformers.
>>
>>259820683

*Did anyone who actually did anything notable from Naughty Dog move to Big Red Button games?
>>
File: 1407897902934.jpg (7 KB, 250x187) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1407897902934.jpg
7 KB, 250x187
>>259813514
>the buckles on his belt glow
>>
File: 1406581938725.gif (2 MB, 256x192) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1406581938725.gif
2 MB, 256x192
>>259813830
Oh hell no.
>>
>>259820785

Bioware put in a shitty echidna origin story that Ken Penders claimed breached his copyrights of his shitty echidna origins story in the Archie comics
>>
File: PANIC.gif (2 MB, 261x194) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
PANIC.gif
2 MB, 261x194
>>259812663
>those rocks
>that ground
>that handrail
>tail's face
>sonic's shoe ize
>THE FUCKING SKY
>>
>>259821456
>muh original donut steels

Holy fuck who gives a shit?
>>
>>259821749
Is there more to this gif? Does the cat die? Why do I find this funny?
>>
>>259821749
That seems like cruel and unusual punishment
>>
>>259821771

penders
>>
>>259811893
Sonic 06 had playable demos at shows.
Rise of Lyra was so fucking broken that it crashed any console it was loaded on so fucking hard that it required disconnecting the console from the powersource entirely.
It'll be less of a shitstorm, Sonic Boom will not live in eternal infamy as 06 does, but it will be the worse game, no doubt about that.
>>
>>259822009
Someone should cure his autism
>>
>>259811129

They should be using this time to fix the fucking game

It's 2 months to release and it STILL looks like a fucking beta, and it STILL has all the problems that critics were complaining about

But instead they're silencing critics?
>>
>>259812663
Damn....look at that 8th gen marvel....powered by the Wii U exclusively....
>>
>>259821973
It's a shower. Unless that cat has a heart attack it's fine
>>
>>259821973
it's a pet-washer. it's a thingey that certain groomers have that allow them to bathe angry pets without getting scratched/bitten/etc. Cat freaks out because it's a fucking cat and they're dumb and stupid
>>
File: Screenshot_3.jpg (778 KB, 1280x739) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Screenshot_3.jpg
778 KB, 1280x739
>>259817213
>but you could most likely make a phone game in Cryengine 3
Crytek has done exactly that and even it looks better than this turd.
>>
>>259820613

It's probably only there so they can say "Hey you go fast here so it's still a Sonic game! You guys like going fast don't you?" Despite the fact that it looks like an entire on rails level of the Unleashed era quick step sections and the rest of the game looks like a knock off brawler.
>>
>huh, sonic boom sold like shit. I guess western fans done like sega games any more, better cancel bringing Yakuza 5
>>
File: 1405459148252.png (76 KB, 281x269) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1405459148252.png
76 KB, 281x269
>>259811129
It is a disaster at this point.
>>
File: 1408486660539.png (111 KB, 301x199) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1408486660539.png
111 KB, 301x199
>>259821745
Whatever happened to Pender's characters in the comic? Did they get retconned or something?
>>
Part of me wants to believe Sonic Boom will be something like Sonic Unleashed (as a Sonic game it feels like it's missing the point but as a game on its own merits, it's pretty fun).

However, I think that is not going to happen.
>>
>>259817881
>tri core cpu and stuff like that.
You literally have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>259822464
The whole comic got rebooted and everything that wasn't from Ian's run or the games is gone.
>>
>>259822395
I was thinking that they had but I wasn't sure. All this "this engine won't run on this console" shit is just politics.

>>259822547
WiiU has a tri-core CPU and a discrete GPU. I'm pretty sure that's exactly what the 360 had.
>>
File: 1408449193990.png (390 KB, 720x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1408449193990.png
390 KB, 720x600
>SEGA still pushing this bullshit furbait

>when it could be making motherfucking Ristar 2
>>
>>259822464
All of the characters not owned by Ian or SEGA and weren't in SaTAM or AoSTH got wiped from existence
>>
>>259817881
>Cryengine 3 ran on the PS3 and 360
barely
>>
>>259821973
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VfSl0iGAus
>>
>>259822395
Now try doing something cartoonish in Cryengine 3
>>
>>259812445
Boom is shit due to Sega more than anything. Would have been bad on any system
>>
>>259822654
If they're not working on Sonic I'd rather get a new Virtua Fighter or for them to get back the Daytona license.
>>
>>259822638
They're two completely different architectures.
And the WiiU's CPU is literally just a tri-core version of the Wii's CPU, which was a piece of shit.
>>
>>259822654

>we will never get Burning Rangers HD, Vectorman 3-D, Ristar 2 or a new Alex Kidd
>>
File: bf4 dicks.png (1 MB, 1275x715) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bf4 dicks.png
1 MB, 1275x715
>they could have made a 3D Sonic Battle if they wanted to make a brawler
>instead we got this shit
>>
>>259812580
they do
>>
>>259813830
DO IT
>>
>>259822896

The Wii's CPU was literally an overclocked Gamecube CPU, which means Nintendo's 'next gen console' is using a derivative of an IBM CPU from 2000.
>>
>>259822793
Thanks anon. I want to put a cat I hate through one of these things.
>>
File: rooms_childs8akjo.jpg (212 KB, 1000x700) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
rooms_childs8akjo.jpg
212 KB, 1000x700
>>259822831
Another Cryengine 3 Crytek mobile game.
>>
>>259822724
Barely because Crysis 3 had very high quality assets and lighting quality. If >>259822395 is possible then the engine will run on anything essentially.

>>259822831
That Kickstarter spiritual sequel to Eternal Darkness was kind of cartooney and was using Cryengine 3. I don't know why people think the engine a game runs on is some super important thing. You can make cartooney stuff in Cryengine just like you can in UE3, or UE4, or Unity.
>>
>>259822654
even worse, we'll never get a proper Streets of Rage ever again.
>>
File: Lara-Su_FrontPage.jpg (125 KB, 1018x582) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Lara-Su_FrontPage.jpg
125 KB, 1018x582
>>259822464

Banished to another dimension and then the comic was rebooted so they never existed in the first place.

I guess Ken fought for the copyrights hoping that Archie would pay licensing fees to keep them in the comic due to some imaginary "fan demand".

Ken doesn't realize that he's a bad writer and the only reason he was ever successful was because of Sonic's brand power. There's probably 3 people on Earth who bought the comics for his writing. Everone else cheered when every trace of his work on the comic was wiped out.

And he expects to sell an official unofficial spin-off comic featuring none of the characters people like and all the ones they hate.
>>
>>259822638
Actually, the WiiU's GPU is on-die, effectively making it an APU, and the 360's GPU has been on-die as well since ~2010.
>>
>>259822130

Sonic Boom won't be as infamous as Sonic 06, because Sonic 06 was looking to be really good. People were hyped as fuck at the time, and then when reviews started coming in (which contradicted the previews) an when the game finally released, everyone was like, "WHOA, THIS SHIT WASN'T READY, WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO SEGA"

And then the delayed PS3 version was EVEN WORSE THAN THE 360 VERSION.
Meanwhile, Sonic Boom has been hated from the start. There isn't going to be any let down, so it won't be as rememberable.
>>
>>259823208
That looks cool, i really enjoy games like MicroMachines.
>>
File: 1391733297676.jpg (188 KB, 1144x819) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1391733297676.jpg
188 KB, 1144x819
>>259823482

>we almost got Sonic 06 on the Wii
>it was intended as a series reboot
>they shat out Secret Rings in a few months and it was better

We have suffered greatly, but things could have been so much worse.
>>
There are seriously people listing this game as one of the upcoming musthaves for the Wii U because of game shortage
>>
>>259817487
Don't shit on Sega, they made F-Zero GX.
>>
>>259818104
This
Next Level Games make fucking shovelware whenever they're not making nintendo games
>>
>>259822130
>>259823482
I honestly don't think it's going to be as bad as sonic 06. 06 was downright horrible, whereas this is just going to be subpar and mediocre.
>>
File: image.jpg (140 KB, 480x640) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
140 KB, 480x640
>>259822654
>There will never be a new Gunstar Heroes
>There will never be a new Golden Axe
>>
>>259824084
Event demos keep crashing consoles, and anyone who's been able to play it for more than three minutes usually stops at that point.
>>
File: 1376346440714.jpg (30 KB, 211x204) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1376346440714.jpg
30 KB, 211x204
>>259824112
>tfw Super Gunstar Heroes ruined it all
>>
This is what Sega deserves for releasing this endless stream of shit Sonic games no one wanted, while genlecting every one of their good IPs. Sakura Taisen was the best selling IP in all japan for years, until Sega randomly decided to kill it and only gve us the worst game. VC was one of the BIG PS3 games near launch, and se where it went. Yakuza also comes to mind.

Sega has done this shit for so many great IPs and developers within their company, but no - they needed to make trash like Sonic Boom, Lost World and other trash. Fuck em, and i hope Nintendy buys em out.
>>
>>259824112

Gunstar Heroes is dependent upon Treasure's involvement beyond authorizing 'releasing the backlog'. As for Gold Axe... Well... It died with III. We don't talk about 'that' game.
>>
>>259824112
>>259824391
>tfw all those awesome Treasure games on genesis will NEVER EVER get sequels
>>
>>259824234
http://metro.co.uk/2014/06/27/hyrule-warriors-hands-on-preview-plus-the-misery-of-sonic-boom-4778036/
Sounds about right
>>
>>259824487
If you honestly think Lost World is on this game's level you are a hater.
>>
File: 1388305731134.jpg (90 KB, 933x960) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1388305731134.jpg
90 KB, 933x960
>>259824607
>tfw Contra Hard Corps got shat on by Blazshit devs
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXgXF2t1Psc

>nintendo paid money for this exclusive deal
>>
>>259824664

It is still a worthless piece of trash that didn't need to exist. Nearly any Sonic game will be better than Boom, but it doesn't justify their existence.
>>
>>259823208
It's too bad Cryengine is harder to sue than Unreal, I prefer the looks of cryengine games more, and no texture shenanigans.
>>
>>259821670
I wouldn't say nailed. If every stage in Lost World was designed around a more clustered Act 1 of Desert Ruins and actually made use of the ramps in the level design and parkour then Lost World would have been so much better even if it needed significant tweaks elsewhere. Likewise if Every Modern Stage in Generations was like Seaside Hill and overflowed with openness and multiple paths it would also would have been a much better game.

They still think they're appeasing classic fans by making 2D integral to the mainline gameplay. It's like the fact that its got 2D sections on principle is good enough to calm their perception of the fanbase. Despite that the Generations Modern Sonic doesn't have the moveset to make 2D interesting and both versions of Lost World's 2D sections were some of the worst I've seen in the entire franchise for completely different reasons.

I'm pretty sure some of it has to do with being easier and faster design things in the 2D perspective than the 3D perspective too.

.
>>
>>259824487

Sega of America is to blame for a lot of the problems.

Sega wanted the US market and that required competing with Nintendo 1v1, which led to Sonic. Sega scattergunned and created a lot of ideas, but only Sonic consistently sold. Add on the multiple misfires with the Saturn to ultimately doom the Dreamcast and leave 3rd party Sega as 'SONIC COMPANY'.
>>
>>259824982
I think that the controls in Lost world were pretty good.
It's just that the level design and game style in general don't fit.
Personally I think it would have worked better as a Super Mario 64 style game.
>>
>>259824391
Super Gunstar Heroes didn't ruin shit. Treasure was always bad.

>>259824607
>wanting Treasure sequels
They cease to be treasures if you constantly sequelize them.
>>
>>259811129
Good. The community are shitheads. Why would you ever make any public statements about anything. Why speak with autistic children? They shouldn't have even made this statement, it just fucked things up more.

PR101 don't say anything.
>>
>>259824786
you mean uprising? I dismissed that after just seeing screenshots. Looks NOTHING like a contra game
>>
File: 1408894948186.png (124 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1408894948186.png
124 KB, 5000x5000
>>259825168
>Super Gunstar Heroes didn't ruin shit.
Fuck you.

>Treasure was always bad.
You didn't troll me, motherfucker, fuck you.
>>
>>259825168
>Treasure was always bad

OPINION
DISCARDED
>>
>>259825123
fun fact

sega has never turned much money with video games

it's been one long waste of money
all of segas income is made with panchinko machines and gambling halls
>>
>>259811761

Worse because it's on WiiU
>>
SEGA. Worse than Hitler, and all of the people running the company and their division is just faggy EA wannabe jews.
>>
>>259825256
It's garbage. Completely ruins everything that made Hard Corps great.

It fails even as a Contra game. Where's all the icky grotesque aliens? Come the fuck on.
>>
>>259824234

In the case of 2006 the demos were several builds ahead of what actually got released.
>>
>>259825442
Do they not own Hatsune Miku or something...?
>>
>>259811129
I don't blame him honestly. This game looks like an absolute trainwreck, whats the point of even coordinating with fans? It doesn't help that this fanbase is one of the most entitled and whiney groups of people ever to post in a forum.
>>
File: jontronactualnoise.jpg (348 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
jontronactualnoise.jpg
348 KB, 1920x1080
>>259825168
>Treasure was always bad.
>>
>>259823208
This is the opposite of cartoony.

That is some photorealism shit.
>>
>>259825442

Didn't they say they started bringing in a fuckload of cash when they started doing proper PC ports?
>>
>>259817992

A new cartoon is what mario needs, because he;'s becoming irrelevant as fuck.
>>
>>259825603
I still have the E3 demo that was released on Xbox Live.

The demo version is significantly better than the final release in several ways. Glitches that happen in the final game just aren't there in the demo, and the demo was a build from a year before release.
>>
>>259825063
I've actually had noticeably loading textures in Crysis 1 and Warhead, but it wasn't nearly as bad as in UE3. There were also parts where (like in the tank mission) textures far in the mountains wouldn't load until I turned texture streaming off in the config file.
>>
>>259825603
How did this actually happen? How did the demos work and play better than the final game?

Did they just cram a billion features into the E3 demos but then realize they couldn't make that work everywhere else in the game?
>>
>>259822654
>>259824112
>any of that shit relevant
>in an era of shooter and shitty mario bah bah shovelware
>>
File: 1396151392685.jpg (18 KB, 320x367) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1396151392685.jpg
18 KB, 320x367
>>259826590
Yeah man, that Shovel Knight game sold like SHIT
>>
>>259824487

>while (neg)lecting every one of their good IPs

Jet Set Radio died because of poor sales.
Skies of Arcadia died because of poor sales.
Crazy Taxi died because of poor sales.
Ristar died because of poor sales.
NiGHTS died because of poor sales.
Rhythm Thief died because of poor sales.
Shinobi died because of poor sales.
After Burner died because of poor sales.
Space Harrier died because of poor sales.
Yakuza died (outside of japan) because of poor sale.
Phantasy Star died because >american audience.

Call me crazy, but I think Sega wants money.
>>
Sega hasn't been good or relevant for years.
That's what you fucks get for just killing off your best franchise in the west, Phantasy Star, in order to shill more hodgepodge.
>>
>>259825734

Yamaha does.

They only have the video game license. Much of Sega's profits come from arcade/casino machines.
>>
>>259825954
"fuckload" is a tad strong

But yes, that's why crazy taxi, SA1/2 and JSR made it to steam. Sonic Generations sold fairly decent. JSRF is owned by microsoft or something though

This is also why MGSV is coming to pc, because Rising sold pretty well. Expect more nipon games to come to steam, digital services are pretty much the only way nipon anime and vidya are going to service int he future.

>>259825734
Hatsune miku isn't really that huge a cash cow m&, money in nipon isn't made with media sales it's made with merchandise.

This is why the say the Gundam franchise has always been fairly solid, the gunpla they make for it funds the show. The shows themselves wouldn't turn a profit without gunpla.

That's also why so many anime for kids have a toy tie in, and it's also why studio ghibli is going under since they can no loner use miyizakis name.

Essentially television/movies in japan only profit if they have a low budget, a big name tied to it or merchandise.
>>
>>259819381
Honestly, I liked Secret Rings when it first came out, but playing it again, it's aged like rotten milk. The controls are completely asinine, and the RPG system seems to be there only to artificially lengthen the game.

>>259820509
May I ask how many monitors you used to get that aspect ratio?
>>
>>259822130
>Rise of Lyra
What is that?
>>
>>259822654
why does nobody want shenmue?
>>
File: 2014-08-16_00004.jpg (1 MB, 5760x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
2014-08-16_00004.jpg
1 MB, 5760x1080
>>259826975
Three 1080p monitors.
>>
>>259826990
>>
>>259827342
Because Shenmue was the Heavy Rain of the Dreamcast.

Overhyped grafix non-vidya bullshit.
>>
>>259827362
Isn't this the Sonic 2006 main city? Is there a playable mod out there that I dont know of?

Imagine if all the Sonic 2006 levels were ported to PC, like what happened with Unleashed.
>>
File: KrustyBart.jpg (19 KB, 320x240) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
KrustyBart.jpg
19 KB, 320x240
>>259826951

You say this as if this is some how exclusive to Japan.

>Krusty: I don't how to thank you kids.
>Bart: That's okay, Krusty.
Lisa: We're getting fifty percent of the t-shirt sales.
>Krusty: WHAT? THAT'S THE SWEETEST PLUM YOU LITTLE- Ah, what the hell... you deserve it. Thanks, kids.
>>
>>259827342
Everyone wants shenmue, but there's a very specific reason why we'll never get another.

Shenmue costs a ton to make and doesn't sell well at all. Simple as that. I'd like to see one, but I totally understand why it won't happen.
>>
File: infinityglorious.jpg (405 KB, 840x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
infinityglorious.jpg
405 KB, 840x600
Reminder that Sega killed both of them.
>>
>>259827496

It's more akin to LA Noire and Sleeping Dogs without the fun.
>>
File: 1407652014141.jpg (40 KB, 500x667) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1407652014141.jpg
40 KB, 500x667
I want one of Dr. Eggman's Sandwiches

I hope Boom has more Hyper Realistic sandwiches
>>
File: 2014-08-16_00003.jpg (1 MB, 5760x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
2014-08-16_00003.jpg
1 MB, 5760x1080
>>259827603
Yep, that is exactly what happened.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/sth2006-project
>>
>>259827756
In the west
>>
File: 6.gif (147 KB, 640x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
6.gif
147 KB, 640x480
>>259811129
thats the Second game Sega is ashamed of
did you heard of Sonic Jump fever?
look it up
>>
>>259828289
Good to know Japan doesn't get shit pulled like actually removing goddamn games from the online store.
>>
File: 1391717141473.gif (3 MB, 500x282) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1391717141473.gif
3 MB, 500x282
>>259812663
Remember when the game looked like this?
>>
>>259819208
>>259818101
I can not find this shit. google has failed me
>>
>>259827756
>two dead waifus in one fell swoop

why
>>
>>259826951
Piracy is actually a huge crippling problem in japan, like here it isn't really but over there piracy just kills all media sales save for new unhacked consoles

That with stubborn old style Japanese business practices mean that the refusal to embrace new technology or invest in risky hit or miss ventures like smart phones is a big reason why Japanese entertainment is tanking

Also the people taking over anime studios are goober otakus who can't write for shit, the influx of moe anime was largely caused by this, along with a massive downturn in sales because of piracy meaning you have to now pander to otaku with merchandise and fan service to break even even more.
This has severely hurt story quality, and made anime even more insular, like an negative feedback loop.

That said, recent ventures like space dandy and studios testing the waters with jap games on steam and other localizations show a willingness to change.

I speculate, we might see a steam like client for Japanese games, as well as a service similar to netflix for Japanese television and anime.

With digital making global distribution incredibly cheap as compared to the old days of physical media, lots of niche media will begin to pop back up because this should allow them to break even once more without endless pandering.

So yes, gaben or kojima could possibly be the ones to save the nipon games market and maybe even anime.
>>
File: 1401109716488.png (358 KB, 640x452) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1401109716488.png
358 KB, 640x452
>>259813830
>>
File: 1408752577027.jpg (29 KB, 213x236) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1408752577027.jpg
29 KB, 213x236
>>259813514
What?

What the fuck is this? Alternate super forms or some shit? Jesus, the fucking badages light up.
>>
File: its on.png (660 KB, 620x596) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
its on.png
660 KB, 620x596
>>259813830
>tfw I had this shit on my hard drive for half a year
>>
>>259826569
The demo as far as I know was only developed and released on the 360. Sega wanted the game to be an early PS3 title so they had to port the game to the PS3. Needless to say with the alien architecture of the console and the fact that they barely had any time to develop the game for the PS3 release the developers had a fucking hard time trying to port the game so they went back to a very old build that didn't even have dynamic day and night.
>>
>>259827649
I know this is a general problem, but the degree to which is happens in japan is a much greater extreme.
>>
>>259829184
>shit

I smirked,
>>
>>259828605
There's literally no gameplay going on in that gif
>>
>>259829069
>anime isn't profitable anymore except for merchandise

But anime is TV. Don't they get their money mainly through commercials just like any other show?
>>
>>259829069
> I speculate, we might see a steam like client for Japanese games

Steam finally supports Yen now. It's is starting to get a lot of weeb games too. They're mostly indies atm but it could grow.
>>
>>259829878
I can't wait for the Japanese market to get gobbled up by a shitty DRM system.
>>
This... this isn't real, right?

How the fuck can you make something this bad?
>>
>>259811761

I'm hopinb for the latter.

Sonic trainwrekc is my favorite trainwreck.

It's like a train that has started crashing more than a decade ago and simply never stopped.
>>
>>259830046
Reminder that Steam isn't DRM but Steamworks is. Developers have free to choose wether to use it or not

http://steam.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games

A recent example of a DRM free game on Steam is Clannad.
>>
I swear to god Jontron needs to play this game. Fuck sjw gay grumps
>>
>>259830154
Try to think of a time Sega did something good in the past decade and a half.
>>
>>259829178

They are Sonic medallions
>>
>>259830229
Go shill your shitty client elsewhere.
>>
I want boom to be good. I mean doing an alternate universe thing was a good idea considering that they fucked the continuity with a metre long dildo but It just looks so bad. It's like one of those movie tie in games on the ps2. I don't hate that idea for a sonic game but it just looks dreadful in all the demo's.
>>
>>259830263
Yakuza.
>>
>>259830263
Binary Domain right? Vanquish too?
>>
>>259830431
I'm speaking the truth. There's nothing to shill here. Stating that Steam is DRM is false. Steamworks is the DRM everyone should be complaining about.
>>
>>259813514
Tails and Amy look super awkward. Like real life actors ordered to don really embarrassing costumes.
>>
>>259830440
>yakuza
>not getting it's western releases completely fucked
>>
>>259830436
I want Boom to fuckoff because of those horrible character designs
>>
File: 1403116137823.gif (1 MB, 300x226) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1403116137823.gif
1 MB, 300x226
>>259812864
Gotta agree with this. The disgusting and downright autistic Sonic fanbase almost makes me hate being a fan of the original games. This is one fucking community Sega should feel free to dismiss.

Fucking autistic cunts.
>>
>>259830685
but that was recently, not really in the last decade and a half.
>>
>>259830263
Bayonetta
>>
>>259829069
Also, the Steamboxes might not sell super well in the west as they are basically prebuilts for your tv with steam os that you can modify BUT there is a very visible niche in the east for something akin to steam boxes as custom pcs just aren't a thing.

This could also help respark the wave of quality electronics made in japan for the 80's for personal computing

>>259829716
Ad revenue is tied to ratings, and anime gets bad ratings if it even makes it to tv. Otaku watch streams or rips, they don't watch tv.

The only way studios break even is TONS of merch.
Like any anime series, even good ones usually have identifiable things in the show they make shit out of you see next to the pockey at any hobbyshop/comic store.

lovepillows, mousepads, posters, keyschains OH BOY DO KEYCHAINS MAKE MONEY FUCK, figures, models, and so on.
>>
>>259830154
Oh my God. I'm not sure what's worse. It looks like Julie Su from the comics except deformed. I guess Ken Penders in involved
>>
>>259830154
Jesus, what the fuck? it looks worse than a fucking low budget Unity game
>>
>>259830956
>shit kept alive by platinumdrones
>>259830593
>generic TPS shit, except for vanquish
>>
File: 22413.jpg (33 KB, 610x203) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
22413.jpg
33 KB, 610x203
>>259830154
>dat CGI Disney movies rip off quality
>>
>>259819481

Sonic Adventure was actually about 5/6 years ahead of its time at least. The Devs actually cared about that one.
>>
>>259830154
Reminder Ken Penders caused Sonic games to devolve to such a level.

He is to blame, and is definitely thinking he can get away with this.
>>
>>259831175
Binary Domain was the most refreshing TPS i've played in a while. Everything is just dudebro shit
>>
>>259830263
Miku. Madworld wasn't bad. Valkyria Chronicles. House of the Dead. Jet Set Radio was kinda redone. Total War.
>>
>>259828605
Yeah I remember when they used pre rendered trailers too
>>
>>259831364
Sega has stretched its resources too thin, Total War is shit now.
>>
I never played any of the sonic games so help be a bit do any of them sell well? and what age group is this being aimed for?
>>
>>259831175
I had fun with Binary Domain. Same with Vanquish. Was a nice change.
>>
>>259831307
Wait how? I mean I know it looks like his art style but I thought he had no effect on the games. Just the comics (which he ruined)
>>
>>259831278
Everything SEGA did was ahead of their time. Add-ons on the mega drive (sonic & knuckles + sonic 3), dual CPUs on the saturn (which made programming a living hell), online gameplay with DLC content on the dreamcast that came out in 1998

SEGA was amazing
>>
>>259831364
All of those are shit except Valkyria. Which was also killed off after being raped by Avan.
>defending Rome 2

Seriously, faggot?
>>
>>259831448
>pre rendered
Stop pretending that the contards look anywhere near as good as CGI.
>>
>>259830980
I didn't realize anime wasn't popular in japan. I thought it was equivalent to cartoons in the west
>>
>>259831534
They sell pretty decently in the west. This Sonic game in particular is definitely being marketed towards 8-12 year olds.
>>
>>259829069
Is Space Dandy doing well in the west?

I would be happy if there was a second season.
>>
Good.

I wouldn't want to deal with the Sonic fanbase if I were them, either
>>
>>259829878
I think the Japanese will come up with their own platform, mainly to include all their categories of games (You know, eroge/VNs and what not, as well as actual games). That way they'd at least have a chance at boosting sales market-wide. I'm uncertain if foreigners would be blocked or not, but it seems that a large number of businesses are starting to embrace outsiders that have learned Japanese, so I doubt it.

It also keeps the SJWs out, since they can't bitch about the games, in any meaningful way, as they don't understand a single thing. Then again, Japanese spit on SJWs.
>>
>>259830154
Sonic Team's game really needs to get here. Boom just needs to be a forgotten mistake.

Then again, the entire franchise should just be a forgotten mistake.
>>
>>259831668
So were horse buggys.
>>
>>259831672
He said in the last decade and a half. Not recently. Not saying they aren't shit now. But the last decade and a half has had some nice releases.
>>
>>259831854
It's already on the second season, though.

And it's doing great
>>
>>259830154
Honestly thought that was a custom TF2 level/skin because I honestly couldn't believe Boom could look so bad.
>>
>>259831854
From what I've heard, it's doing VERY well.
>>
File: O0svg.gif (615 KB, 400x225) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
O0svg.gif
615 KB, 400x225
>>259830263
I wanna say alpha protcol, but sega is the reason it is VTMB teir.

(could have been a master piece but publisher cocks it up)

>>259831741
Dude people in nipon LITERALLY an hero if they find out their kid is an otaku.
The ONLY mainstream anime are like, og gundam, DB/DBZ and evangelion.
That and ghibli films.

Watch "densha otoko"

>>259831854
Space dandy is doing very well, it ate the shit out toonamis budget though, so expect shonen shit for a while after it ends.
>>
File: 1408500414510.jpg (148 KB, 1062x750) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1408500414510.jpg
148 KB, 1062x750
http://strawpoll.me/2423459
Which is it, /v/?
>>
>>259832271
obshitian a shit
>>
>>259831881
I think they would have created a platform by now. Unless they're waiting for Steam to make PC gaming popular over there and then create a weeb platform to compete with it
>>
>>259830263

Mario and Sonic Olympics

Sonic in Smash Bros
>>
>>259832042
>>259832195
>>259832271
I thought it was just a break after the first 13 episodes.

Because of the plot they can make it to an endless anime.
>>
>>259832409
3.

2 is disgusting and 1 has no cute toes
>>
>>259832409
No Sonic character should ever remove their shoes so who cares
>>
>>259832271
I'd kill myself too if I found out my kid was a cancerous shitstain on society.
>>
>using cryengine 3
>not hedgehog engine

I do not understand this, it was one of the best engines for visuals last generation. The guy in charge of it was even hired on by square enix because they were impressed with it.

Why is sega bothering with anything else at this point.
>>
Seeing stuff like this makes me glad that the Internet doesn't mean shit for actual sales.

Because not even the game being bad stopped 06 from being a million seller.
>>
>>259832709
Don't you want to suck rouge's toes?
>>
>>259823482
When I first heard of boom it looked promising but the more I saw it, the worse it looked. It just needs more time. Why would they do this after sonic 06? Did they forget what rushing that game did to them?
>>
>>259832785
I remember reading back when generations came out that they were done with the, at the time, sonic formula. It was either the producer or the director
>>
>>259811129
Producer stops responding to fan questions. Big deal. I'm pretty sure the fans who make stupid questions anyway, just like SSSB fans who ask for Cloud, Spongebob and Shrek to be included.
>>
>>259832650
No, it's gone to full S2

And it's gotten even fucking better, some of the episodes have been amazing
>>
>>259829716
A lot of anime is aired late at night during the weekdays so anime companies depend on blue-ray sales and other merchandise for profit.
>>
>>259823432
And he basically ruined the comics in the process. What a fucking cunt. I remember he said that he would allow his characters to be in the comics if archie accepted his ridiculous demands which included a fan fic level "what if," future story canon which spoils everything
>>
>>259832271
Densha Otoko is shitty self fulfillment fantasy.
>>
>>259832550
That's what I'm thinking, honestly. Once PC gaming gets a foothold in Japan, they'll probably create their own platform that allows 18+ content.
>>
>>259811129
> everyone says Diablo 3 is shit
> goes to sell over 5 million
> 2014, reached 20 million now

Yea, I don't know if it game will flop...
>>
>>259831851
ah ok thanks
>>
>>259830775
Autism detected
>>
>>259833247
I agree
I just really like the 2chan bits and the spotlight on gross otaku culture
also muh gundam references
>>
>>259833442
> actually liking the character designs

You sure like body building knuckles
>>
>sega thought it was a good idea to make a tv show tie in with some unkown dev for the worst selling console
>somehow localizing Yakuza 5 wasnt
no wonder these idiots arnt making consoles anymore
>>
File: 1408840483589.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1408840483589.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>259832785
The Hedgehog Engine is actually really inefficient compared to other lighting engines. While it looks great, it takes up a fuck load of processing power.

Which is why Unleashed had so many FPS drops and that they had to reduce the capabilities of the lighting in Generations
>>
File: 1400070178484.jpg (153 KB, 998x767) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1400070178484.jpg
153 KB, 998x767
>>259812663
>Sonic bloom
>>
>>259826068
Would we get Charles Martinet to do voices, or would we just get an entire cavalcade of actors like the original animated series did?
>>
>>259833579
Don't forget killing Valkyria Chronicles in the West.
>>
>>259826068
It would never happen now. It would require the characters to have personality and I think the idea alone makes nintendo employees faint.
>>
>>259834056
Also how would we handle Mario speaking?
>>
>>259811129
>be Sega
>get money from Nintendo for making 3 exclusive Sonic games
>make the first one mediocre
>make the first one mediocre
>hire some guys to make the 2nd one so bad that nintendo jumps out of the deal
>got money for a 3rd game though there was never one made
brilliant plan Sega
>>
>>259832409
Flipper Foot because it's the only option that isn't a fetish
>>
>>259817008
Most "fans" are exaggerating, nothing new here. Just like all these people who complain about Sonic games after Genesis/Dreamcast era withouting actually playing them. Otherwise they would agree how awesome are Sonic Rush, Colors and Generations. Or they have crappy tastes and can't get rid of their nostalgia goggles.
>>
>>259834216
>It would require the characters to have personality and I think the idea alone makes nintendo employees faint
It's like you haven't played the Paper Mario games.
>>
>>259826889
I've never played Jet Set Radio but I've always wanted to. It's got so much style and graffiti gives me a raging boner
>>
I like to think Sega doesn't make it's old IP's anymore because they want to save up money to create a new console and put the IP's on there.

Of course it's the stupidest idea in the fucking world, but with Sega acting how they are there is no other explanation to why they act like they do.
>>
>Sega
>acknowledging their shame
never thought I'd see the day
>>
>>259834396
Yes but didn't the latest one remove all of that?
>>
>>259818554
underrated post
>>
>>259834260
Sonic Colors was the first 3D Sonic game which finally made it right.
>>
>Some of the revived SEGA IPs live on through souless mobile games
A fate worse than death.
>>
>>259834334
>Lost world
>good
it was 06 2.0 m80

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lwg3hnFgArs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw9A-zXiMhs&list=UUFGBZG6EItV34SMfYCkt1hg&index=31
>>
File: 1405542303691.png (114 KB, 248x397) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1405542303691.png
114 KB, 248x397
Sega Team's Sonics a shit.
The fans are a bunch of assburgers.

This is made by a third-party dev.
They don't listen to the fans.

Best Sonic ever?
>>
>>259833056
>SSSB fans who ask for Cloud, Spongebob and Shrek
Please tell me this isn't real. Fuck, it's real, isn't it? No, don't show me proof, I'll be happier pretending it isn't.
>>
>>259816220

>Shitty action game made by former ND developers.

It's as if they were always overrated. Who'd have thunk it?
>>
A weapon to surpass Sonic 06
>>
>the Sonic cycle repeats again

Why is everyone acting so surprised?
>>
>>259834654
>lol they were on drugs when they made up the game ideas!

so original comic idea! very funny!
>>
>>259811129
>SEGA no longer wants to engage the community regarding Sonic Boom
Holy shit, that sounds awful- wait what's this...

>Stephen Frost announced on the Sega forums he is taking a break from responding to fans about the game.
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA HA. Jesus christ the official Sega forums are one of the most rancid fucking places on the internet. He's a brave man for putting up with those hyper emotionally disturbed autists for any amount of time.

I'm sure someone like Aaron/rubywhatver tried to warn him and he still dived in. What a brave fucking coconut.
>>
>>259834886
What the hell is wrong with that guy? Why does he keep modding Sonic 06? He can't fix it, no one can
>>
>>259835141
Retards asked for cloud and goku for brawl, newgrounds made fun of them but because 12 year olds watch newgrounds they thought it was srs and it just grew from there
>>
File: 1399775237065.gif (3 MB, 492x283) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1399775237065.gif
3 MB, 492x283
>>259812663
holy fuck the bloom actually makes my head hurt
>>
>>259834830
Reminder of the disappointment that Nights: Journey of Dreams because Sega made a rushed release. Like with Sonic 06 but with smaller budget. Maybe it's not as crappy as Sonic 06 but still it's a game that shouldn't exist.
>>
>>259826889

Poor sales? No marketing, games on bad systems, and most of those were arcade games.

Yakuza died cause they spent all of their money in the first game trying to hire fucking Hollywood actors and charging a ridiculous price for the game.

Phantasy Star died, cause they treat foreign audiences like dog shit.

SEGA is fucking retarded.
>>
I thought it was a very stupid move to resign the characters. They looked great can had a graffiti-like slickness. It kept the "hip" and "cool" laid back personality that is Sonic. It kept it retro and sold the deal with nostalgia.

Pokemon updated it's graphics and added new things while keeping the overall feel of the game the same. Why couldn't Sega just make the game feel faster and more chaotic while updating the cast to look more like the art.

I just really hate how they look man. They don't need bandages.
>>
File: sexysidehillzone.jpg (707 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
sexysidehillzone.jpg
707 KB, 1920x1080
Sonic Boom screenshots piss me right the fuck off.

Not just because that's what the actual game looks like, but because Sonic Generations is nearly 3 fucking years old and it STILL looks better than that game AND can run at 60 fucking frames per second.

Christ even fucking LOST WORLD looks better than it.
>>
>>259835261
>Sonic cycle

Sonic Boom NEVER looked good.
>>
Never liked sonic games, but I'm sorry for you guys. 2 questions, wasn't clear from start that this whould be nothing like a sonic game? It is bad as what is trying to do?
>>
>>259835587
>SEGA is fucking retarded.
The games keep dying because they're mostly on the platform with the smallest userbase. Look at that list and tell me they picked the right platform for those games.
>>
File: 1407974681319.jpg (44 KB, 844x579) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1407974681319.jpg
44 KB, 844x579
>>259835204
>Tails... I'm already a speed demon...
>>
>>259812663
Fucking Mario 3D World's one stage full of speed bumps is a better example of a sonic game, and looked much better.
>>
>>259835587
My friend managed to get Phatasy star online in english and he says it's amazing.
>>259835615
Sega seems to have forgotten that people like Sonic because he's much cooler than any similar characters while being kid friendly. As long as they don't try to force it then the characters should do all the work for them
>>
>>259836006

Doesn't that still make them fucking retarded?
>>
>>259835675
There was people claiming it was going to be GOOD, though.
>>
>>259830980
>Otaku watch streams or rips, they don't watch tv
Why the hell not? Are ALL Japanese TV channels behind paywalls that NEET/otakus can't afford?
>>
>>259817676
I saw something even better, a blind fanboy posted on a forum.

"FROM THE CREATORS OF CRASH BANDICOOT: SONIC BOOM"
>>
>>259831672
Shogun 2, not Rome 2, was an actual good game.
>>
>>259836163

Seems more like sega was putting games on consoles where they could have honestly gone. Do you really think Jet Set Radio Future or Shenmue 2 could work on a gamecube or ps2?

JSRF would suffer audio wise on GC and graphically wise on the ps2. Shenmue 2 outright couldn't work on either of those other consoles.

And seriously, with other titles like rhythm thief and shinobi, on the 3ds, known for its rhythm games and platforming games is a bad choice?
>>
>>259836075
A fucking Sonic game with levels like Mario 3D World was my childhood dream, and it's never going to happen.

Hell Sonic Lost Worlds with only the cilindric stages would be good enough.
>>
File: 1377399823243.jpg (789 KB, 2050x1420) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1377399823243.jpg
789 KB, 2050x1420
>>259826889
Speaking for Space Harrier...why the hell Planet Harriers is an arcade-only release? The original Space Harrier is one of the most popular retro Sega games which is re-released again again. They even made a 3D release featuring stereoscopic 3D graphics. So why not a console port for Planet Harriers?
>>
>>259836189
That was before we saw anything of the game
>>
>>259811129
>Sonic game that even SEGA is ashamed of
>refusing to reach community
>ashamed
fanbase =! game
no sonic game is as bad as the fanbase itself.
SEGA is fully aware of the autism going on and would rather protect their work.
>>
>>259835628
>AND can run at 60 fucking frames per second.

not on a fucking console it can't.
>>
>>259836770
>no arcade-perfect port of OutRunners
>ever
;___;
>>
>>259836770
My bad: I meant a 3DS release.
>>
File: moe in japan.png (632 KB, 1703x1696) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
moe in japan.png
632 KB, 1703x1696
>>259829069
this seems related to your post.
>>
>>259836376
I think he's talking about western otaku. Japanese otaku are perfectly able to afford Japanese tv channels.

... a lot of them still don't use them because they're filthy pirates.
>>
I got it /v/.

Sega should make an Alex Kidd game where he has to beat Sonic to become to mascot of Sega again.
>>
>>259836938
>Playing a multi platform SEGA game on a console
>>
>>259836938

But at least it can run at a solid 30 on a console.

Still better than Boom's shitty optimization.
>>
>>259820747
Zero Gravity? The best version was the PS2 one though....
>>
>>259823432
His pitch for a Sonic movie is priceless.
>>
>>259836832
Too lazy to find the related interview but one of the Sonic's current producers/designers/whatever admited openly that the fanbase is hard to be approached. It was a kind way to say: "The fans are retarted and they don't know what they want."
>>
>>259811761
Nothing can top 06' because it was hyped to be the savior of the series and was total shit. Sonic Boom has ZERO expectations.
>>
>>259830229
Oh god I fucking love you for this link, it's going to cause so many gogdrone tears
>>
Sanic R is still the best.
>>
>>259837548
Wasn't Sega that kinda made fun of Alex Kidd in Segaga?
>>
>>259837929
GOD DAMN IT! He took the movie pitch off of youtube. I remember seeing it and thinking it was a joke. I actually wonder how penders got a job when he is so incompetent. Heck his work in the comics are so bad that most people recommend starting off after he left the comics
>>
>>259838213
Best level design in any 3D Sonic.
>shortcuts
>alternate routes
>bunch of secrets
>complex but still straightforward
>>
>>259837859
The game is probably running in debug mode. The framerate tanks while debugging.
>>
>>259837548
Alex Kidd in smash, when?
>>
>>259824905
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6tSowlt7E4
Where did they go wrong?
>>
>>259839239

Hi, actual game dev here. I've used CryEngine on several dev kits, and this post is wrong.
>>
>>259839692
Debugging always tanks framerate no matter what magical engine you're using
>>
>>259839828
You want me to believe this game somehow runs twice as fast when not in debug mode? That's A LOT of debug text if so.
>>
>>259839828

Are you calling me a liar?
>>
>>259840421
Yes.
>>
Just no more of the fucking "3D Sonic" games. Go in a different art direction for fuck sakes. And I don't mean "different art direction" as in redrawing a Sonic that looks stupid as fuck with a scarf and bandages. I mean different art direction as in Dragon's Crown and Rayman origins and the like. Just no more of these 3D games. Especially with a pants on head retarded camera system.
>>
>>259830263
racing transofrmed, an actual GREAT game sega made
>>
>>259840421
I AIN'T CALLING YOU A TRUTHER!
>>