[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you enjoyed this game you should genuinely consider killing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (44KB, 250x222px)
image.jpg
44KB, 250x222px
If you enjoyed this game you should genuinely consider killing yourself
>>
The overral of the game was okay.

I liked the graphics, the music, the gameplay. The game's font of hate, because It doesn't follow like the before's ones follow.

In other words: Get a load of hate, because It doesn't have partners.
>>
Sticker Star is such a weird game. on paper, it ought to be fucking horrible. compared to the first two PM games, it certainly seems awful. it also get crucified like any game that passes below that certain "goodness" threshold, because things can either be GODLIKE or SHIT.

but, it actually had good elements in it, despite all the bad things and lacking things.
>level design
much better than ttyd's repeated enemy-infested corridors
>music
excellent, world 6 theme and Boo Night Fever are especially good
>what little writing they managed to keep in
Sniffit or Whiffit was great, as was the Enigmansion. and that wandering Toad and his journals.
>boss fights
if you didn't pussy out, they were tough and creative and easily the best parts of the game.
>non-linearity
surprised me how much of this game you can do out of order. I beat world 3 before even starting world 2, and went back and forth between worlds 4 and 5.

however, as we all know, it had a bunch of shit that held it down.
>no story, little dialogue
fucking criminal in a mario rpg
>classic mario environments only
almost negated the interesting level design with generic looking levels
>classic mario enemies behaving like classic mario enemies only
the charm of mario RPGs is talking to friendly goombas and fighting crazy non-mario monsters and shit.
>no partners, no badges, only attack the first in line
taking away your options in battle means simplifying it and making it less interesting
>no experience or level up bonuses
makes you not want to fight battles, as the only thing you gain is stickers and coins
>only resource is stickers
battles do nothing but waste stickers, to get stickers. the game basically encourages you to avoid battle and save stickers.
>berating you for not using the supereffective sticker on the bosses
holy shit, the game almost doesn't want you to even fucking play it.

the game manages to end up somewhere around mediocre. A highly flawed system, not saved by the few strong points.
>>
If it didn't have such a shitty battle system, it could've been a decent Metroidvania.
>>
>people couldn't get over the battle system to enjoy the best music, most creative boss battles, and few but most memorable dialogue in the series
for shame. the same thing happened with Skyward Sword, didn't it?
>>
How dare people enjoy a fun videogame.
>>
>>258305630
>get over the battle system
There is a big fucking problem if you need to "get over" the basic gameplay of the game.
>>
hey guys I'm playing this game right now!

very fun ^_^
>>
It's really not that bad. I'd still rather play Paper Mario: Schutzstaffel than TLoU :^)
>>
>>258304919
the bosses were gimmicky as shit, it was just a trial and error to figure out which "things" to use
>>
I picked it up for $10 yesterday.

It can't be a waste at $10, right?
>>
>>258308513
Not really. Unless you're going in with the mentality that it's gonna suck terribly and you'll hate it.
>>
I did enjoy this game. And if I ever meet OP: I'm going to take a deep breath right in front of his face to let him know that I'm breathing the same oxygen as him ;)
>>
>>258308513
I haven't finished the game yet but i'd say the game is worth an easy $15
>>
>>258304734
The gameplay was absolute shit. You don't get rewarded for battles. If anything you get punished because you use up your stickers and then have to go find more.
>>
>>258308723
Guess I'll go in with the same mentality as SPM (different, but could be good).
SPM was alright, too, so maybe it'll work again.
>>
Played the first 3 so I wanted to give this one a try easily the worst but it was still fun
>>
>>258307713
It's just slightly different from the usual RPG shit, needing to "get over" it is a problem with the user, not the game.
>>
>>258309354
>slightly different

There is no incentive to fight, and no penalty for fleeing. Every enemy on the screen becomes a game of "Let's see if I can avoid this guy so I don't have to waste my stickers."
>>
>>258309568
Yeah, and unless you grind like a little bitch, it's normally a game of "Let's see if I can avoid this guy so I don't have to waste my time."
>>
>>258310316
Why the fuck would you grind in Sticker Star? There is absolutely no incentive whatsoever to fighting.
>>
>>258310436

is there ever any use for coins other than the sticker shops?
>>
>>258310436
Yeah, which is why it's slightly different from the norm, which is what I said. Normally, it's "Let's see if I can avoid this guy so I don't have to waste my time." But in Sticker Star, you just swap time with stickers and it's the same fuckin' thing. Slightly different, as I said.
>>
>>258310872
>avoiding battles in RPGs

You've never actually played an RPG, have you? Progression comes from leveling, which comes from combat. Avoiding all combat leaves you hamstringed when facing stronger enemies.
>>
I liked this game
-ghost of robin Williams
>>
>>258311105
When did I say anything about avoiding all combat? You know you can fight SOME battles and not ALL battles, right? It's well within the realm of possibility to just avoid annoying enemies and kill the ones that yield decent exp/money/whatever that don't take a year to defeat. Do you seriously clear out every area you encounter? What a fucking waste of time.
>>
Shit on Sticker Star all you want, but at the end of the day:
>Don't buy it
-Nintendo acknowledges low sales, doesn't make another
>Buy it
-Nintendo sees future in series, maybe listens to feedback from players for a future installment

Either way, if you truly love the series, you're only hurting it by deeming it worse than Hitler and not supporting the developer that brought you everything else.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.