[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one do you prefer, Knights of the Old Republic I or Knights

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 20

File: KOTOR_collection.jpg (414KB, 1510x2138px) Image search: [Google]
KOTOR_collection.jpg
414KB, 1510x2138px
Which one do you prefer, Knights of the Old Republic I or Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords?
Why?

I think they are equal, both amazing.
>>
They are both great in different ways, and despite their many differences I think of them as a single entity. Also Kreia is totally Handmaiden's mother.
>>
They're both two of my favorite star wars games. Sucks we got TOR instead of KotOR 3
>>
File: 1322688190_8.jpg (129KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1322688190_8.jpg
129KB, 1024x768px
KOTOR for Bastila and better balanced combat and fewer bugs

I could force storm entire squads of Jedi in KOTOR 2 to death, and there was a game-breaking bug that made it so I couldn't finish right at the end of the fucking game
>>
KOTOR I feels like what a Star Wars prequel should have been. Doesn't stray too far off the source material to where it feels alien, but changes it up enough to give a different perspective. It suffered from a few areas that were underwhelming (Taris, Manaan),

KOTOR II felt like it was trying to change up people's expectations and views on Star Wars, and worked to a extent. Sadly, almost everything that would have made the game better then KOTOR I was cut, and thus we are left with a game with a lack of payoff on ANYTHING. It also was not anywhere near as polished as KOTOR I and suffered from dull visuals, reused assets, and some areas that look plain out unfinished. The cut content patches help tremendously with the game and help with some of the glaring issues.

KOTOR II (With cut content mods and user made patches) > KOTOR I > KOTOR II Vanilla.

I really want a HD re-release with the cut content restored...But with the way the license is now, I doubt it will ever happen in any capacity outside of iOS.
>>
>>255951872

Kotor 1 writing was terrible, characters knew you were fucking revan and even tho you picked all dark choices they never said shit about it
>>
>I think they are equal, both amazing
What a bullshit cop-out you little cunt. You fucking spineless worm. You shithead.
>>
>>255951872
First one, at least it was a complete game. Second was dumped by BioWare (not EA) so they could make Jade Empire and Mass Effect.
>>
Why do you guys suck this series dick so much when the combat system - you know that thing that consititues the GAMEPLAY - is utterly horrendous.
>>
>>255957973
Because RPGs are only partially about the gameplay.
>>
I like KotOR I, but I'm pretty sure I'm a minority on /v/.
>>
>>255958368
I agree so that makes the KOTOR series like 6/10 games then right?

Thats exactly where I would put them
>>
>Play through KOTOR a few times on xbox
>play through it twice on PC
>Buy KOTOR II duing the last winter sale
>Dont want to start because I know there will be a shit "tutorial planet"
Also do the double bladed lightsabers still have the bug where dual wielding didnt change their stats?
>>
>>255957973
They popularized the fact that you can play RPGs that involve parties on console. Pretty revolutionary for the time.

But yeah, played on a computer it was dumbed down ass-gameplay.
>>
>>255951872
KOTOR 2. No logic behind it, it's just that I fell in love with phylosofical dialogues and music.
You know, I still remember the extended content mod version of the Jedi Enclave. So many things I realized about r3al l1f4.
>>
KOTOR

won't get too much into it but it's what star wars is about for me, typical bad guy vilains and action.

The second felt like it was trying to be overly "dark". The villains felt like they were written by 12 year olds. Still good though
>>
>>255958910
The tutorial planet isn't that bad the first time you play through it. It's a bit tedious but it has good atmosphere.
If you end up playing it in the future don't forget TSLRCM.
>>
KOTOR 2. Good, memorable villains and companions.
>>
>>255959502
KOTOR's villain was utterly forgettable.
I mean, when you think of that game does Malak and how great he was spring to mind?
>>
>>255959660
>on the front cover of the game
>is seen in many of the games cutscenes
>is seen in the opening movie
>forgettable

sounds about right
>>
>>255959660
He stole an army for a month.
That's all he actually did.
Nihilus destroyed a planet single handed. Using the force. Sion put his rotten corpse's pieces back together over and over becoming addicted to pain and in fact immortal. Traya manipulated all the strongest force users of the galaxy to get her shit done just using words.
KOTOR 2 villains forevah.
>>
I love them both, but I'd have to choose 2
>>
KotOR 2 because it's the closest thing we got to the OT in terms of atmosphere.
>>
>>255960319
wow it's like i'm reading sonic fan fiction
>>
I loved KOTOR 2 for it's vaguely sinister atmosphere that I haven't found in many other games.
Nothing overt, just a creeping sense of apprehension.

If Obsidian do another Kickstarter I hope they KS their own sci-fantasy setting to muck around with.
>>
>>255960319
Nihilus was such a great villain. He was hardly a man, just this animalistic force that sailed a crumbling ship and thought of nothing but his hunger.

A pity that Bioware then largely retconned him and stole the concept to use for the Emperor.
Fucking TOR.
>>
>>255960826
It's all in Kreia's Ebon Hawk dialogue, and if you have enough confidence with her, you get a cutscene about it.
>>
>>255961373
If you don't know yet, he was on Malachor. He almost died, but found another survivor and had his first "meal" consuming the force trough him. Then i became one with the armor, separed his body and his soul, bound the soul to the armor and let the body to rot. The exile was in fact the only being capable of killing him because of her draining-force powers.
>>
>>255961467
i know......i was commenting on how OP and stupid the villains were. It's like when a kid describes how he's invincible and has a lava gun with anti death armour. It's just boring

KOTOR has a story written and based on a child like fantasy and wonder

KOTOR 2 is written by kids for 12 year olds
>>
File: 1349613786066.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1349613786066.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>255961373
Indeed.
>>
>>255961789
>I got KOTOR 2 as a christmas present when i was 12, your argument is invalid
>>
>>255961789
>written and based on a child like fantasy and wonder
Bullshit. It's a bog standard action-adventure.
>>
>>255961373
Bioware would never have done such bullshit.
EA did such great bullshit.
That's why ME3 has a linear plot and amazing multiplayer. Because EA. They get it wrong every time.
>>
>>255961789
>child like
You can say that again.
>>
>>255962050
>i just greentexted an assumption of you
>look how right i am
good response

>>255962169
is that somehow a negative? Do any of you actually enjoy star wars or are you the type of cunts that swear revenge of the sith is good?
>>
>>255962357

What does RotS have to do with anything?
>>
File: 1396856256686.jpg (65KB, 551x527px) Image search: [Google]
1396856256686.jpg
65KB, 551x527px
>>255962016
>MFW, Revan was 38 in KOTOR while Bastila was 22 and Juhani was only 17 years old.
>>
>>255962357
Sarcasm is your friend.
Also, SW movie titles always mean something. The return of the jedi is about the death of Vader and the return of Anakin. The phantom menace (which was shit) was about the sith manipulating corporations. The revenge of the sith isn't even about the sith's revenge. It couldn't even get the title right. It was a piece of crap.
>>
>>255962494
star wars has always had cheesy villains and dialogue, it's partly what makes it so good. Why is it suddenly a negative?
>>
>>255962512
>Mission Vao
>14
>Not even barely legal
>>
>>255961789
>KOTOR has a story written and based on a child like fantasy and wonder
This isn't fucking E.T. or Neverending Story.
It's one of the most standard fantasy stories out there, with the amnesiac who has a murky past and the bad guy that needs to be stopped because if he activates the dingus he'll become unstoppable.
It was an average story executed well and that's it.
>>
>>255951872
>KotOR2

Holy FUCK that game has aged like a bucket of puke. I remembered having so much fun with it so I installed it on steam and man, I don't know, it just didn't keep my interest at all anymore.
>>
File: Comfy.png (187KB, 409x405px) Image search: [Google]
Comfy.png
187KB, 409x405px
>>255962739
>I like all the prequels and I think the midi-chlorians were a neat idea.
Han shot first though - didn't like that they changed that
>>
>>255962750
>has always had cheesy villains
Fuck. That.
Darth Vader and the Emperor may have been your typical evil overlord sort badguys, but they were utilized fantastically and had terrific presence and menace.
>>
>>255962750

Do you seriously not see the difference between something like Empire Strikes Back and KotOR 1?

Star Wars did did something ground breaking for 1977. KotOR is Revan Skywalker flying the Ebon Falcon to destroy the Death Forge and beat Darth Badguy.
>>
>>255962739
You misunderstood absolutely everything.
The Phantom Menace = Invisible and malovelent force (The Sith) looming over the galaxy, manipulating it.
Attack of the Clones = Self explanatory I believe.
Revenge of the Sith = The Sith finally taking their revenge on the Jedi Order for destroying them thousand of years earlier.
A New Hope = Rebellion's new hope against fighting the Empire in form of a force-sensitive individual, Luke Skywalker
Empire Strikes Back = Empire's successful counterattack campaign against the Rebels after Empire's major defeat in form of losing Death Star and Grand Moff Tarkin
Return of the Jedi = Destruction of the Sith and return of the Jedi to the Republic, thanks to Luke
>>
>>255962739
i agree that rots is shit though......are we meant to be arguing here?

>>255962948
almost as standard as the super OP villian that just couldn't handle being so powerfull and consumed himself aye? Or the all knowing ambiguous old lady? How about the dude that's sick of being invincible and loves pain?

All so original
>>
>>255963106
Han's story should be about a cold-blooded murderer and smuggler who finds love and a cause to fight and turns good. If he didn't shoot first he was a...good...smugglah? What the fuck George.
Also, no need to show Jabba in A New Hope. It is anticlimatic when you get to The Return Of The Jedi
>>
You know what pissed me off about the Old Republic that Bioware made for KOTOR?
It's the exact same setting you get in the movies. Same fashions, same technology same everything.
It was set thousands and thousands of years before the fucking movies. You'd expect it to be a LITTLE different.
>>
Kotor 2 has much better writing and characters

i love them both though. bastilla is my waifu
>>
>>255963436

Congratulations for figuring out everything has been done before, do you want a medal?
>>
>>255963201
>presence and menace
yeah everybody was scared of the copy pasted soldiers that couldn't hit shit and got wrecked my ewoks

>>255963206
that's why i like it though, it's definitely similar but has enough added to it to make it fresh.

>>255963638
your butthurt is enough anon
>>
>>255963241
The Phantom Menace= you said the same things i said, more or less
Attack of the Clones= nobody can get it wrong
Revenge Of The Sith= Darth Bane actually "destroyed" the sith. Not the Jedi. The sith were a belief that was changed by him. The Jedi just won wars.
A New Hope=You got it right
Empire Strikes Back=You got it right
Return Of The Jedi= THE JEDI is Anakin, who is the Chosen One. He was "dead" as Vader, and destroys the sith by coming back, as the prophecy said. Luke is the "New Hope" for both the Republic and the Jedi Council, but he is not the one who "returns" because he never ran away.
>>
>>255963516
The comics that came out before the game did show the Republic as being very different during that period, but they decided to go with something familiar.
>>
>>255963835
>yeah everybody was scared of the copy pasted soldiers
Good thing I wasn't referring to the fucking storm-troopers then, isn't it?
It says right there "Darth Vader and the Emperor".
>>
>People shit on RotS but not on vastly shittier Attack of the Clones or Phantom Meance
RotS failed in only one thing, Anakin being menacing.
Meanwhile AotC failed in everything, mystery plot that's COMPLETELY ignored and NEVER explained (until the last 4 fucking episodes of the recent Clone Wars cartoon), villain that never had an introduction and thus doesn't feel important, terrible writing (Jedi and Republic just accepting an army out of nowhere that could very well be a trojan horse, which it was. Kaminoans building an army that must have cost fuckload of money for free because lol a jedi told us to do it, Anakin's edginess and the list goes on).
As for Phantom Menace, two things:
1. Jar Jar
2. NOW DIS IZ PODRACING XDDDD

>>255963837
>Darth Bane actually "destroyed" the sith. Not the Jedi.
Nope faggot, Bane isn't even canon. Take your EU trash somewhere else. In the movie canon, the sith were eradicated by the jedi a millenium earlier (Ki-Adi Mundi even flat out says it in one of the movies, "the Sith were eradicated for a millenium").
>THE JEDI is Anakin, who is the Chosen One.
Nope, the whole Chosen One bullshit didn't even exist until Prequels came along, same with the prophecy. It was the return of the jedi, a long forgotten and destroyed religion, an order that ceased to be. I actually even rewatched all 6 movies last week, don't forget the big plot point how Yoda mocks Luke for thinking he's a Jedi and says he won't be a Jedi until he defeats Vader. It wasn't about return of a particular Jedi, but the Jedi as a whole.
>>
>>255964189
Just 30 years after fascism and nazism, Lucas created a fasci\nazi inspired villain as Vader that kills his own man because they have different opinions. I think that's a brave choice.
>>
>>255964264

Nobody likes Phantom Menace or Clones.
>>
>>255964264
Are you kidding? Phantom Menace is the most reviled Star Wars movie made.
>>
>>255963516
Star Wars is supposed to be mostly "the same" ever since the discovery of Hyperdrive and The Force, 25.000 years before the events of Episode 4. Since then, the technological advancements are very minor. But yeah, I agree that it should've been more different, and that's why KotOR1 is shit. KotOR2 tried something absolutely new. Also the KotOR comic (the one that was going for a while before BioWare decided to make a game set in the comic's timeline) showcases the Old Republic as way more different. It's just BioWare being shit again and rehashing their same fucking story/core plot points with 0 originality.
>>
>>255964189
the only reason to be scared of the emporer was his creepy chimp face in empire. He was just some old dude who talked a lot in jedi

As for vader he was just some crippled dude typically wailing on his own men and slowly walking around....he wasn't that menacing anon
>>
>>255951872
KOTOR 2 since it takes a far more interesting take on the Sith and Jedi.
>>
>>255964264
The movies were MEANT to be 6 and to have all the plot structured that way. That's why when episode 3 came out they replaced the Anakin ghost at the end of the return of the jedi. Also, it was ALREADY the return of Anakin, because he just goes back by himself, realizing that he is allowing that oldfuck to murder his son, and solves the problem with his hands. Tell me, if it's Luke that returns, then he's ran away or went some place. But he didn't. He just saved Han and talked to Yoda before planning the attack. He was around the Rebellion all the time since the end of A New Hope.
>>
>>255964442
>>255964612
Way too often I see people shitting on RotS and NEVER on TPM or AotC. People act as if RotS was absolute worst garbage ever, it really wasn't. The only thing it failed at was making Anakin menacing, that's it. And it's not even Lucas' fuckery, it's just the horrible casting for Anakin's actor, as RotS cast is really damn fucking good. Hayden Christensen just drags the movie down.
>>
>>255964612

It seems like Clones is generally disliked the most. Though Phantom Menace was the bigger shock. It's why RotS was received relatively well. After that Clones pretty much everything would be better. It's also why Jedi isn't considered as good, there was no way it could match Empire.
>>
>>255964817
i always find everybody shits on RotS because people actually argue that it's good.

Attack of the clones and menace are argued by nobody.....it'd be like digging up and old corpse
>>
File: pete.jpg (15KB, 124x166px) Image search: [Google]
pete.jpg
15KB, 124x166px
>>255964708
>As for vader he was just some crippled dude typically wailing on his own men and slowly walking around
I think we have nothing further to discuss, anon.
>>
>>255964817
I think everyone buried their memories of TPM lest it maddens them.
>>
>>255964708
>some crippled dude
You mean a menacing motherfucker who took down Luke effortlessly with one force attack, despite Luke having to resort to using the Dark Side to even beat his father.

As for Vader, he's been the icon for evil and badass for years until Hayden Christensen came and massively fucked Vader's image up.

>>255964790
The movies were meant to be 9 actually, and no the plot is not structured that way. Lucas' original drafts are MASSIVELY different from the final movies, if you want to know how Lucas envisioned it, either download his original drafts or the Dark Horse comic "The Star Wars", which adapts the original drafts. Empire Strikes Back wasn't even made by Lucas, he only greenlight it. It was 90% done by Kershner, Kurtz, Brackett and Kasdan. Lucas' ONLY involvement in ESB was supervising the work and creating the Vader = Luke's Father plot twist.
>>
>>255964817

It failed at way more than that.
But I agree that compared to the previous two it wasn't that bad.

I don't want to blame Hayden Christensen though, I don't think anyone could have made it work. Samuel Jackson was bad as well. And I even found a bunch of the lines spoken by Christopher Lee to sound really unconvincing. It's probably the actors just not giving a shit at that point.
>>
>>255964708
>Vader wasn't that menacing.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Conclave_on_Kessel

tl;dr. Vader killed 5 Jedi Knights/masters single handedly, and and got kill assists on 3 more.
>>
>>255965213
>I don't want to blame Hayden Christensen though
Don't. He was great in Shattered Glass.
It's all Lucas's fault.
>>
>>255965213
At least we have Ewan McGregor, the jedi this galaxy needs and deserves.
>>
>>255965213
Samuel L Jackson actually gave a lot of fuck, he raised a massive stink with Lucas how in the 3 movies, he didn't get a single lightsaber fight scene. In original RotS script Windu was just killed by Palpatine, Lucas reworked it to give Jackson a fight scene.

Hayden did fuck the performance, he is completely emotionless in ALL THE FUCKING SCENES and his voice is simply too young sounding for Vader. He's also not muscular or tall enough to play Vader.

Also Evan McGregor and Ian McDiarmid performances were stellar as always, same with Yoda's and 3PO's actors.
>>
>>255965196
yeah and then got picked up and wrecked by a one handed fat weirdo with a harmonica over his mouth....so scary

yeah vader is a good bad guy but he barely makes your arsehole shrink does he?

>>255965261
oh fuck off with the expanded universe shit, technically starkiller should wreck everybodies shit then. Or maybe darth killer death man
>>
>>255965196
>ESB wasn't made by Lucas
That explains why it's the best SW movie.

>>255965642
You sound underage. You are underage, are you not? Your way of talking, your lack of proper grammar or capitalization, your shit underage and uneducated opinions, yep you are underage.
>>
>>255962868
This is a good thing
>>
File: 1406094166672.jpg (27KB, 300x341px) Image search: [Google]
1406094166672.jpg
27KB, 300x341px
>>255965642
>Can't use EU shit
>Thread started off talking about 2 EU games.
>>
the prequel movies were shit. they only made Darth Vader into an angsty, beta faggot whereas he was SUPPOSED to have been some kind of totally awesome and legendary war hero before he fell to the dark side.

at least the clone wars cgi cartoon had a few decent arcs sprinkled in between some Lucas-quality dumb shit. Better portrayal of Anakin's fall, where it was caused by increasing aggression and his moral code becoming perverted by war. It was more Kotor2 than "HURR HE BECAME EVIL BECAUSE LOVE IS BAD"--George Lucas.

plus asoka.
>>
>>255965774
i'm having an easy chat about star wars anon, are you really getting on a high horse now and resorting to the underage insult?

If i state my age you'll no doubt go with "hurrr durr look how stupid you are for your age"

If not it'll be "hurr durr underage"
>>
>>255958910
Peragus station is probably the worst planet in the 2 games combined. And it's the very first one in KOTOR2. Every time I feel like playing it again, I remember how much the first 2 hours of the game sucks.
>>
Kotor is a game I replace everynow and hten, both of them

I prefer the first, but the second is strong too, although it has a lot of huge flaws
>>
File: VV.webm (2MB, 936x720px)
VV.webm
2MB, 936x720px
>>255966191
>VV's voiceactress voicing Asajj Ventress
>>
>>255965213
the prequels suffer from extremly cringeworthy dialogue in general. It astounishing how bad basically everyone looks in the movie except for the emperor because he was the only one with proper writing behind. Ewan mcGregor kinda saved obi-wan by his acting performance alone, but obi-wans dialogue was often stupid and the character sometimes borderline retarded. Samuel L Jackson, christopher lee and natalie portman were horrible, buit not because they are bad actors, its just that not even a mixture of al pacino and jack nicholsen could make any of those characters work. I liked Liam Neeson although if you look closer into qui-gon jins characters youd realise that he is pretty stupid too. Anakin was just horribly written (just think about the sand line) and i doubt anyone could have pulled that character off convincingly without a major rework of the dialogue and character design.
>>
>>255965261
>>255965196
Aside from his raw power and EU shenanigans (which are a bit beside the point), Vader was an awesome presence onscreen. And I don't mean that in the modern definition of just being vaguely cool, I mean inspiring awe and wonder on those who behold it.

Every scene he was in he dominated with his sheer presence. His breathing-apparatus was creepy and iconic. James Earl Jones gave him a baritone that only a man with testicles the size of basketballs could achieve. His every action was calculated to make you know he was a badass and that he was in charge of the room.

Vader was villainy distilled. He wasn't original or unique, but he took the archetype and became it so hard that for years afterward he defined it.
>>
>>255966507
>Ewan mcGregor kinda saved obi-wan by his acting performance alone
Pity he hasn't really been in anything since.
>>
File: 1351718004729.jpg (235KB, 1000x533px) Image search: [Google]
1351718004729.jpg
235KB, 1000x533px
>>255962016
>>
>>255966507
Liam Neeson should have been the badass rebel grey Jedi who doesn't fully belive in the code and does shit following his morals. What we got: less capable jedi ever. Not even able to use mind tricks over a bald fat rapist mosquito. Why.
Also, Lee should have been the noble sith, hungry for PAWAH, who does terrible things just because dark side and belives he's better than anyone.
What he does: sides with the enemy.
WHY.
>>
>>255966804
THE MEN WHO STARE AT GOATS, MAN.
A fucking GREAT movie, with also SW references.
You get Clooney, McGregor and Spacey together, some fucked up plot, acids, comedy and war, mix it together, and you have this movie.
>>
>>255966981
Revan in TOR has one saving grace.
He's voiced by Kyle FUCKING Katarn.

Also contrary to popular /v/ lie, he does not get killed in TOR. He is the only "boss" in the game who you can only get down to 10% of HP, after which he disappears in a cloud of smoke. The devs also confirmed that he escaped and is still alive. Also the line about Exile being something more is about her becoming his best friend in the Revan novel, he's not implying she was a lover, their relationship is never shown as such in the Revan book. He's all over Bastila all throughout the book.

Not that it helps much but I don't like when /v/ goes additional mile to make something look bad by lying.
>>
>>255962512
Revan has some top tier taste.
>>
>>255966804
i think he is focusing on "character performances" now, basically only starring in lesser known movies for artistic reasons. understandable because he must be fucking rich since he starred in the prequels.
>>
>>255951872
2 because of the force lightning, and no karth
>>
>>255967464
Carth\Kaidan is a good example of how good VA can be wasted in useless characters
>>
>>255967403
He was in Angels and Demons, which kinda blows that theory to hell unless he did a one-off big movie for the dosh.
>>
>>255967642
I'm pretty sure he has to do "dosh" movie once in a while, so he can keep doing artsy indie movies.
>>
>>255967642
>>255967923
whats dosh?
>>
>>255968015
wonga
>>
File: 1406365822557.png (16KB, 190x204px) Image search: [Google]
1406365822557.png
16KB, 190x204px
>>255968015
>>
>>255968015
quid
>>
>>255968015
greenbacks
>>
File: jabba.jpg (8KB, 208x242px) Image search: [Google]
jabba.jpg
8KB, 208x242px
>>255968116
Wonga dosha bababba no ghiri bo Solo.
HOHOHO
>>
>>255968015
LODSOFEMONE
>>
>>255968116
>>255968146

damn you britbongs
>>
>>255968015
dough
>>
>>255968015
moolah
>>
>>255968015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35vnbB0V89g
>>
>>255968309
>Wonga dosha moola no shekels HOHOHOHO
>>
File: url.jpg (118KB, 775x500px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
118KB, 775x500px
>tfw signing away your life's work and proudest creation
>>
>>255970340
>life's work
You mean the worst trilogy of all time (Prequels) and massively underwhelming finale with a lot of shit writing (RotJ)?
He didn't even write or direct Empire Strikes Back. He didn't direct any of the Indy movies besides the latest one either.
>>
>>255966315
strange, I loved peragus. spooky man
>>
>>255951872

KOTOR 2 has better story and every Kreia speech is priceless.

KOTOR 1 has the best party combo you can find on a RPG---> HK47 + Jolee Bindo + Revan
>>
Kotor II. Better writing, better characters, better powers. The bugs kind of bring it down but Kotor II with the restored content is miles ahead of Kotor I. shame it has aged a bit
>>
>>255968015
mushi shaka paka
>>
>>255970997
Exile + Kreia + HK47 is just as good as Revan + Jolee + HK47
>>
>>255951872
if you want something more like classic star wars, then kotor

if you want something different, kotor 2
>>
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-25-yes-obsidian-really-is-making-an-mmo-tank-game

>"I always thought - and everyone just looks at me strangely when I say this - it would be cool to do a Star Wars Pillars of Eternity-style game, where you had a little party, a droid and a... whatever. That would be super-cool. I'd buy it!

>"But that's a hard [sell]... That's not SWTOR and that's not KOTOR and that's not Battlefront and that's not that. I don't know - I'm probably going to take a stab at that and see if anybody has any interest, but I don't know - we'll see."

You haven no idea how badly I want this.
>>
>>255951872
>KotOR1 has the best story and characters
>KotOR2 is just cleaning up the mess you made in the first game
But both of them suffer from that shitty combat system.
>>
>>255951872
>Found KoTOR 2 on disc at Target for $20
Is this a good deal? I was surprised to even see it anywhere. I was just looking to see what sort of shit they stock in the PC section
>>
>>255971260

But it's not the "troll party" you can have with fucking Bindo.

Korriban Sith academy.

Random Sith Grunt
>Hey you piece of shit. How many sith you think we are on this planet?

Based Jolee
>8....no no no 9!

And all the talking with the tusken and HK...
>He said "bla bla bla bla bla" can I blast him now master?
>>
>>255971370

That sounds sick, I can't wait to see the hilarious game-breaking tank-launching bugs that will inevitably come out of this
>>
2. Purely for gameplay. Don't give a fuck about the story, Kreia is a retarded psychobabble bitch and all the extraneous party members suck dick. It's just hella fun to play and borderline broken with all its abilities/gear.
>>
KotOR is the better Star Wars game. It's as close to playing something in the EU as you can get in vidya.

Sith Lords is the better rpg if you don't like Star Wars.
>>
>>255971370
>trying to sell that concept to EA
I sincerely believe we'll never see another non-fps Star Wars game ever again.
>>
>>255953756

Been saying this for years.

Seriously, what the fuck. I remember reading some shit about idea they had for KoToR 3 of being able to choose to start as a sith.
>>
>>255971745
Don't worry, anon! Bioware is making a new Star Wars RPG!
Seriously.
>>
I own both games in Steam but I can never get the resolution right and the size of the game on the screen looks like an image macro.
If I buy the games for my XBOX HUEG is it the same as the PC in terms of content? I don't really care about the visuals I just want to play those damn games again correctly.
>>
>>255971597
>$20
no just pirate it. It's not worth much more than $5 and lucas arts is rolling in dosh anyway.
>>
>>255972303
Yeah, same exact thing. No mods and probably longer load times, but same game.
>>
>>255971903
Fuck you. I thought I set my expectations as low as they could go
>>
File: greetingsmeatbag.jpg (76KB, 301x304px) Image search: [Google]
greetingsmeatbag.jpg
76KB, 301x304px
>>255971260
>>255970997

What's the common element in those GOAT parties?

The best Star Wars character bar none, that's what.
>>
>>255951872
Kotor 1 was far better than 2.
>>
>>255971626
Then get Atton if you want troll party. HK is absolutely the same.
In fact, G0T0 is very good troll.
>>
>>255972303
Because you are too dumb to spend 10 seconds on google to find widescreen resolution patches for them.
>>
>>255971689
>if you don't like Star Wars
Or maybe I do really like Star Wars, but I also enjoy things explored in new ways.
>>
>>255972303
You should definitely get the Restored Content mod for KOTOR 2. It comes with a widescreen patch if I remember correctly.
>>
The first. KOTOR 2 has the most god awful intro mission in the history of gaming. It's pretty good after that but that hurdle is a tough one to overcome.
>>
Kotor 1 because I love all the planets
>>
>>255959196
> phylosofical
>>
File: 345353.jpg (40KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
345353.jpg
40KB, 660x371px
>>255968015
>>
>>255976920
>in the history of gaming
fucking gross

that being said, i can endure Peragus more times than I can Telos
>>
Kotor 2

I found the way it handled jedi neutrality and darker tones pretty neat.

And I liked kreia a lot more than I liked malak.
>>
>>255951872
Both Great games. In the end though, I'd say Kotor has the tigher, better polished gameplay. Kotor 2 had better character writing. But boy it's a mess gameplay wise.
>>
>>255953620
She is, her name is Aren Kae, Kreia, and Traya.
>>
>>255951872
Obsidian has amazing character dialog and writing but the game was unfinished kotor 1 is great and a finished product. Kotor 2 was amazing and had amazing characters as well as some of the darkest writing/characters/themes of any Star Wars game.
/r/ing the picture of the "I will kill all she holds dear". Quote.
>>
>>255977284
>not realizing he's bullshitting by "r3al l1f4"
>>
is it necessary to play KOTOR1 before playing 2?
>>
>>255971689
>implying anyone actually likes star wars

http://pastebin.com/uYRm43D6
>>
Kotor 2 is way better, if you think Kotor 1 is better then your taste is awful.
>>
>>255977781
It changes your perspective on the game and gives a bunch of background information, but not really necessary. More... recommended.
>>
>>255961126
That fucking audio log of the guy that killed by the mining droids. Shit disturbed me when I was 10.
>>
>>255977781
not really but there's no reason not to, either.
they're both great.
>>
>>255977781
There's just enough references to the first game that I wouldn't recommend it. Plus a lot of Kotor 2's dialogue involves dickriding the biggest character from 1 so you wouldn't really get it.

The first games only 15-20 hours so it's not a big deal. It's enjoyable in it's own way
>>
File: img-42.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
img-42.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
The part of KotOR 2 where you just talk shit back and forth with Atris is one of my favorite parts of any game. So good.
>>
>>255977876
Obsididrones in a nutshell.

>my unfinished buggy piece of shit is better than your finished and comparatively polished game
>>
KOTOR 1 was a better star wars experience

KOTOR 2 was an all around better game.
>>
>>255978262
>you should judge a game based on how technically finished it is and not based off of it's improved combat, level design, dialogues, paths and improved weapon variety's
>>
>>255951872
For my entire childhood I have been wondering:

Why the fuck is that selkath there?

Cut party member? For a single species that stayed on one planet the entire game, that guy got lucky being placed next to Bastila.
>>
KotOR 1 by a wide margin, KotOR 2 is a pretty shitty game in a lot of ways but still fun and worth playing. Some great villains that it sadly never did much with.
>>
>>255978451
Finished game > unfinished game.
>>
>>255977351
Peragus is much shorter than Telos, that helps.
>>
>>255979358
Good thing TSLRCM exists and makes it a finished game.
>>
>>255978203
>that feel when you know she was once in love with the male exile and he once felt that way too but they can't quite see eye to eye anymore and it's just this sexual tension filled standoff
Really disappointed that she wasn't part of the party and a romance option
>>
Kotor 2 has a bumfuck retarded LEE ATHEIST EDGY GREY MORAL story that has no place in Star Wars. Star wars is about black and white good vs evil.
>>
>>255953768
storm was the only way i made it through the Jekk Jekk Tarr
>>
>>255953768
>game breaking bug
Let me guess, you were a retard and installed that ultimate saber mod or whatever it's called on top of TSLRCM.

Protip, you can unfuck it, use the save editor to teleport yourself to another location, or the console command. That's how I unfucked my save lel. You miss one scene with Atton I think this way, but you get to finish the game.
>>
>>255964264
>(Ki-Adi Mundi even flat out says it in one of the movies, "the Sith were eradicated for a millenium").
He only said they were extinct for a millennium. That almost happened because the Sith often fought each other for power, so Bane came up with the Rule of Two to keep in-fighting to a minimum. Sidious and Vader nearly wiped out the Jedi, so the Sith got their revenge in that way.

And Bane is canon. Lucas came up with the him being the one who started the Rule, all the EU did was make up a backstory for him.
>>
>>255980642
The backstory is not canon, that's the point you humongous retard. Korriban isn't canon either.
Clone Wars has both Bane's spirit and Moraband (Lucas' vision of Korriban). And guess what, it's nothing like EU.
>>
>>255980837
I know that, I was just saying Bane wasn't entirely EU bullshit. Dick.
>>
>>Bane's spirit
>>Moraband.

Wut.
>>
File: 1398254654147.png (237KB, 581x298px) Image search: [Google]
1398254654147.png
237KB, 581x298px
>>255971903
r u fokin srs m8
>>
>>255966315
Peragus at least has some atmosphere and can be finished in an hour.

Taris takes at least three-four hours and unless you know how to exploit the game you waste a ton of levels on useless skills and feats. At least KOTOR II let you be a jedi right from the beginning.
>>
>>255962512
>38 year old fem Revan
>17 year old catgirl says she's in love with her
>thisbonerfeelsillegal.jpg
>>
File: image.jpg (81KB, 669x472px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 669x472px
>>255971903
>Bioware is making another Star Wars RPG
>>
there seems to be a lot of kotor love on this board tonight and that makes me happy.
I prefer the second one to the first one, not that I dont love them both.
To me the comparison between the two seems kinda like a comparison between Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask.
The first one is little more than a grand advendture to save the world, and doesnt really get too dark or in depth with the story, but its still fantastic. The second one being a much darker, more intimate game that has a really fascinating story and characters and shit.
That and its just awesome to become a Sith Lord and Force Storm the piss out of everything
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 471x490px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 471x490px
>>255973696
>after being killed by the sith who defeated Revan, he was repurposed to serve Darth Malgus and did his bidding around the galaxy
>after fucking around for a while he ended up on Mustafar, and his offline body was found by CIS officials
>after turning him on and him almost killing everyone , they uploaded him into the ship mainframe until they could figure out his mental workings. He proceeded to crash the ship back to the surface
>a few years later a group of spacers found the wreck and unknowingly helped HK rebuild his body, and assembled an army for the droid factory on Mustafar
>after a heated battle, HK's forces were beaten, but HK escaped and set off to find the fucker who stole his original body and made it into a jet pack
>presumably succeeded, meaning HK-47 has a jet pack and a fully upgraded body and is free to wander the galaxy
God damn he's great.
>>
The very general skeleton plot of the prequels is pretty good. They just fucked anything and everything they could up
>>
>>255978069
I just played KOTOR 1 and it takes around 40 hours to finish. Unless you skipped all of the dialog and half the wuests.
>>
File: oZcOCi1.png (599KB, 1531x798px) Image search: [Google]
oZcOCi1.png
599KB, 1531x798px
>>255987791
Would have been better if Juhani was actually good looking. How do you make a space catgirl so goddamn ugly?!...
Thread posts: 179
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.