[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fallout 4 thread... again!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 16

Following the "success" of yesterdays Fallout 4 idea thread, we shall do the same today!

ITT: We post ideas for Fallout 4. Quests, weapons, companions, towns, character development, story, armors etc

No, I'm not going to say we should have co-op. Instead, I will say we should have cars. Why? Because Skyrim had horses.

Also, general Fallout thread I think.
>>
>Have it be made by Obsidian
>Written by Josh Sawyer, Chris Avellone and Michael Kirkbride
>Completely new OST done by Mark Morgan
>Isometric gameplay

Done. GOTY 20XX.
>>
>>253608846

Why is it that people like Obsidian more than Bethesda? I don't understand. I enjoyed Fallout 3 more than New Vegas, even though Vegas had iron scopes in vanilla. I really don't get it.
>>
File: f2-worldmap.png (1MB, 1440x1538px) Image search: [Google]
f2-worldmap.png
1MB, 1440x1538px
Fallout 4 should for go the one outdoor map structure of the elder scrolls series and focus their enormous mapping capacity on areas that matter.
No need for fast travel and creates the illusion of a much larger world.
Also would help with the wasteland motif as elderscolls monster spawning makes the world seem over lively.
>>
>>253609159
I meant "not Go".
see image for exsample
>>
File: smoking godzilla.jpg (10KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
smoking godzilla.jpg
10KB, 480x480px
Yao Guai companion when
>>
>>253608970
Because there's a clearly distinct emphasis on the credibility of the world and writing, which is what matters most.

New Vegas' writing, like 1 and 2's, is esoteric, though out, witty, eloquent and at times marvelously colloquial.

Fallout 3's writing is just sloppy and there for the sake of being there.
>>
I'd prefer fasttravel like in morrowind, boats and some sort of carriage system to hub cities and then running everywhere else.
>>
>>253608846

>Happens in Southwest California, with part of the Los Angeles Boneyard in the Northwest and San Diego to the south.
>>
>>253608970
Because Obsidian are original developers and can make better Fallout RPG? No this is not bait or whatever. I like TES games but their conception of Fallout sucks and doesn't really fit the game.
>>
>>253609159

This. But like in FO1 that you can visit was is desert, city or mountain when you want to. Making the illusion that the world you're visiting is enormous.

This is a great idea.
>>
>>253609338

I found so many spelling mistakes and missing out of important words in the subtitles. Also, Vegas is based upon the western country, with some retarded accents and so many references to the western world. I think that would of died out 200 years after the war.
>>
>>253608970

Because you're a casual. Go back to reddit
>>
>>253610580
Seeing as how society has rebuilt itself from old-world values and premises, it shouldn't be a surprise that people are still using terms from before the war.
>>
>>253610885

>Implying I don't have 316.4 hours stacked in Fallout 3 and 50~something in New Vegas.

Says who?
>>
>>253610580
>many references to the western world
>I think that would of died out 200 years after the war.
You know that original Fallout was part of parody? You could find crashed Star Trek ship, brigdekeeper from Monty Python and other crazy shit.
>>
I want a time travel DLC, something funny and not serious like Big MT
>>
>>253608507
>I'm not gonna say we have a good idea, instead here's a terrible idea.
>>
>>253611083
>Playing Fallout 3
>An accomplishment

You're just digging yourself deeper and deeper.
>>
>>253611148

I was talking about the society. I love that the Fallout franchise has so many references to outside things. I was saying that the western world would of died out a looong time ago. Especially when the nukes dropped.
>>
>>253611083

Me too. I got to level 30, 100 in all skills and 10 in all SPECIAL, then I decided to play FO2 and FO1 and realized how wrong I was by thinking that Fallout 3 was good.

It was shitty game. You can kill enclave soldiers using Adv. Power Armor and armed with plasma rifles, naked and with a 10mm pistol.
Actually, you can even kill them with baseball bats.

It's stupid.
>>
>>253611583

Are you playing on easy? I think you're playing on easy.
>>
>Bethesda content designer needs ideas

Well I guess this is one of the better places to ask for ideas.
>>
>>253611583

I can even say more, killing someone in Fallout 1 is actually a big deal, even killing all the rats in the beginning is hard if you don't tag guns and have at least 7 in AGL.
In FO3 you get out of the vault killing the whole security in level one!

This game sucks.
>>
>>253611703
There's practically not difficulty setting in Bethesda games.
It's literal artificial difficulty.

>Enemy gets more health on higher difficulties
>Enemy gets less health on lower difficulties
>>
>>253612035

>muh dice rolls
>>
>>253611703

Even on Very Hard that is possible. In Fallout 2 not even the best player can do that.
>>
>>253612404

Take that Power Armour off then. And stop injecting Stimpaks up your ass instantly after you get hit with a feather.
>>
>>253612131

If you're talking about probability of hitting and criticals, FO3 got that too.

Fuck off reddit
>>
>>253612517

Or I can just stop playing that shitty game and play Fallout 2. But stop arguing in Fallout threads, you're the casual scum that is taking over good games
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 240x338px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 240x338px
>>253612046
I was so mad when I realized this.
>played NV on very hard, figured it will be more challenging
>Enemies are stronger, hit harder and all
>Go to Big MT, fight the legendary bloat fly
>it can one hit kill me
>I'm at the level cap with great armor and weapons
>Describing it to a friend later
>It could hardly do any damage to him, he tells me I must have just not been a high enough level
>>
>>253612776

How am I taking over good games? Explain to me, formalfag.
>>
>>253612404
This isn't exactly true. You can eye-crit for 0 damage with a pipe rifle (or anything) and get the air-on-brain instakill message against anybody

Of course fallout 3 is a lot worse than the other fallout games (except bos and maybe tactics) but the combat was always really really wonky (and the ai is just awful)
>>
>hey guys can we discuss Fallout please?
>FUCK OFF SHILL FALLOUT 2 IS BETTER
>but all I want is to discuss Fallout and what could happen in Fallout 4
>GO PLAY FALLOUT 2 YOU STUPID PIECE OF SHIT

You people are cancer on par with Morrowind fans. Frothing at the mouth whenever someone expresses an opinion.
>>
File: brilliant.jpg (3KB, 125x94px) Image search: [Google]
brilliant.jpg
3KB, 125x94px
>>253612915

But so is the AI in New Vegas. They just used the same stupid engine again. Enemies aren't intelligent when they think that shooting their 9mm at me who is wearing Desert Ranger Armor and standing still is a good idea. Brilliant.
>>
>>253613108
Maybe you shouldn't be discussing a shit game.
>>
>>253613247

>Maybe you shouldn't be discussing a shit game.

>Plays CoD
>>
>>253613397
Fantastic projecting, but the most that I've ever played of a Call Of Duty game was five minutes of the third one.

Back to reddit with you.
>>
>>253613117
I was referring to the AI in Fallout (2). It's especially bad with multiple companions. They're usually incapable of moving then shooting, will waste AP if they kill a target even if they could shoot again, will happily burst fire into civilians/allies and aggro against them if they get hit by 1 stray 10mm bullet, and most gallingly will somtimes just stand 5 feet behind a wall next to a roomful of enemies doing nothing

Fallout 1&2 are amazing, fantastic games but the combat in them was never very good
>>
File: kill yourself.jpg (6KB, 212x238px) Image search: [Google]
kill yourself.jpg
6KB, 212x238px
>>253613487

>Back to reddit
>Doesn't let anyone have a opinion
>>
>>253613743

Against facts there's no arguments, anon.
>>
>>253613914

What? I can't hear you over your faggotery. Go back to reddit where you can mess threads up, not here, on a idea thread.
>>
>>253613743
Right, yet you unsuitably proclaimed me to have liked Call Of Duty before any sort of factual or remotely insinuative evidence was even allocative of any post of mine.

Really, you should just go back to reddit. You type like a 14 year old who thinks that they're in with it, and "cool" because they've suddenly found a distaste for CoD and EA.
>>
>>253613743
>>253613397

You also have no fucking idea how to greentext.
>>
>>253614206

Well, you're the one stating Fallout 3 is shit, without a reason.

Isn't it past your bed time aswell?

>>253614453

>Really?

Move along, general public. Nothing to see here, just a bunch of redditards being bad. Don't mind this, just move along.
>>
File: 1398027775752.gif (3MB, 580x420px) Image search: [Google]
1398027775752.gif
3MB, 580x420px
>>253608507
>Fallout 4
>By Bethesda

Fucking kill yourself.
>>
File: 1390194906211.jpg (23KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1390194906211.jpg
23KB, 200x200px
possibly be hated for this..

>I want sentry defence and on rail shooter sections

WAIT LET ME EXPLAIN FIRST
Please don't lynch me.. but i honestly think some kind of on rail shooter section would be pretty awesome for fallout

maybe some kind of train defence where you control a turret on the back defending it from fatman launching enclave?
>>
>>253612849
>Level scaling
NOT EVEN ONCE
>>
>>253614712

Well, Bethesda DOES own the Fallout franchise, and I doubt they'll be letting Obsidian touch their games ever again.
>>
File: Catdog.jpg (129KB, 963x751px) Image search: [Google]
Catdog.jpg
129KB, 963x751px
>>253614658
Your postings are honestly the most abhorrent on the site right now.

Quit trying to fit in and emulate things that you see around you.
Where did you come from? Facebook?

Everyone on /v/ has already discussed why Fallout 3 is shit for fucking years. We're too worn out to have to constantly explain it to knuckle-draggers such as yourself.
>>
>>253614923
>I doubt they'll be letting Obsidian touch their games ever again.
Why would you say that? New Vegas was reasonably successful
>>
>>253614923
>New Vegas sold better than Fallout 3
>New Vegas is more critically acclaimed than Fallout 3
>Made more money than Fallout 3

Yeah, they totally wouldn't want to let those guys that they ASKED to make a game do another one, right?
>>
>>253614998

I don't know. Apparently there was a argument between the two companies half way through development, and they couldn't just start again. Not saying New Vegas is bad, I enjoyed it and it is successful, but I don't think Bethesda likes Obsidian any more. It's sad when you think about it.
>>
>>253614923
>Bethesda DOES own the Fallout franchise
>EA DOES own the C&C franchise
>This is somehow good for us
PICK ONE AND ONLY ONE FAGGOT
>>
>>253615204
>making things up
>>
>Chicago
>Nuclear winter
>Chicago is run by a Mr House type, presiding in the Willis Tower
>Main quest starts off with you getting involved with the leaders daughter, good or bad, and then moving towards choosing the fate of Chicago.
>Bandits, tribals and factions such as Brotherhood of Steel want to take over
>Ghoul mafia, super mutant mafia (essentially just muscle for hire as they are dumb) and human mafia
>Can join all three
>Can become a ghoul at long last
>Can join the police and fight crime
>More faction consequences, obviously being a cop will turn all criminals against you, unless you are a dirty cop. However being a full on saint, by-the-book cop might make you unpopular with the bent cops you work with
>Map is about 60/40 in relation to being mostly city and then suburbs, outskirts, forest etc. the map is also very large. Chicago alone takes about thirty minutes to get around
>Vehicles
>Tommy guns
>Nuka Cola prohibition
>Deeper stealth system, perhaps include light and dark into the equation
>Slightly deeper combat, akin to Dark Messiah. Melee is no longer swing or block, there is counters and kicks to work with and also positioning. Tighten up shooting to play better
>You start off as an orphan and make your choice which leads to where you begin as an adult. So you could be a starving street kid who rats on criminals and gets in with the cops, do small jobs for criminals or even just keep your head down and look out for yourself
>Engine isn't a piece of shit and gives us a true 3D Fallout experience
>Lots of voice actors, keeps things fresh
>Skills and S.P.E.C.I.A.L remain as they are, maybe even get more fleshed out for a deeper experience
>>
This will be more casual than FO3 and Skyrim. You will never get your dream RPG.
>>
>>253615313

Bethesda bought the franchise after Black Isle Studios took a foot to the stomach.

>>253615362

>"apparently"
>"don't quote me on this"
>"I'm not sure if this is true, but..."

>>253615490

This is the kind of stuff there is supposed to be in a idea thread, not faggots spraying their hate cum everywhere.
>>
I know this might be considered sacrilege, but I want a Fallout set in Europe.
>American occupation troops form the European chapter of BoS.
>Various factions fight over abandoned technology from the Great War
>Retro-futuristic European guns
>Soundtrack is no different from any other Fallout game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-DVi0ugelc
>>
>>253615490
>super mutants everywhere
>more new reno bullshit

no
>>
>>253608970
>iron scopes

Just shut the fuck up
>>
>>253615731
Shhhh, keep it quiet. You want the big bad bullies to find you? Keep your ideas to yourself for now. Wait for the baddies to go.
>>
>>253615731
Europe is a smouldering pile of ash. It literally doesn't exist. Confirmed in the Fallout bible.
>>
>>253615962
Link? I would like to read about it. Or name to put into Google.
>>
>>253615731
I'm not going to rage at you but no. Fallout is like GTA in that it really only works in USA. More so for Fallout as the US adopted the 1950's culture and aesthetic and kept it for over a century. As cool as it sounds, non-US Fallout would be some post-apocalyptic cyberpunk hellhole but shouldn't happen.
>>
>>253615962
IIRC, most of the Fallout Bible is considered to be non-canon by now. They could easily retcon it.
>>
>>253616114
Fallout Bible. He said it in his post.
>>
>>253616404
Pretty sure there would be different chapters. And what if I put Fallout Bible in Google. That won't stuff my face with info about the old Europe.
>>
>>253616231
>Fallout is like GTA in that it really only works in USA
>>
>>253616521
What about to read the whole book?
>>
AppearancesEdit

The European Commonwealth is mentioned only in the Fallout intro, the Fallout Bible and a Capitol Post article in Fallout 3.

A prequel to the Fallout series, Fallout: Resource Wars, set in a collapsing Europe (during the European Commonwealth's invasion of the Middle East), is one of the games that J.E. Sawyer would like to make if he could do any game, regardless of money and development time.[1]
Taken from http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/European_Commonwealth

This would be a good idea. Why not make a prequel to the Fallout universe?
>>
>>253615490
>calling it anything other than Sears Tower
I didn't know scum like you really existed
>>
>>253614923
>>253614998
>>253615204
>>253615362
>>253615712
>>253615139

are you guys trolling?

holy shit summer /v/, you realize obsidian won't get a chance to make a new one because their review score wasn't what bethesda wanted at the arbitrary deadline they set up

this is really common knowledge
>>
>>253616659
It's a series of Q and A's by Chris Avellone. It's hardly a book.
>>
You're right.
>>
>>253617034
uh
>>
>>253616959
That meant they didn't get a certain monetary bonus. That doesn't entail anything about their future with the company
>>
>>253616959
Are you dense?
The review score was for their bonus.
>>
>>253617124
>>253617135

you guys are dumb huh
>>
>>253617135
>The review score was for their bonus.
what kind of stupid deal is that?
>>
>>253617135
>we'll make fallout new Vegas for x dollars plus tip
Jesus America you even have to tip your game developers?
>>
>>253608507
maybe we could have a map like ass cred 2 were you have a huge mid lands type area with quest that link you to different states
>>
Allistair Tenpenny came to the Capital Wasteland from Great Britain to seek his fortune, so that alone tells you that the U.K. was also hit in the war. And if he came to U.S. to succeed, that says a lot about how screwed up Europe must be. So we just allude, a little bit, to the state of the rest of the world. We like to leave a lot to the players' imaginations, and somebody like Tenpenny serves as a catalyst for those thoughts." - Emil Pagliarulo[3]

Fallout: New England
>>
>>253617279
Bethesda offered them the bonus.

>>253617224
Nice of you to spout incoherent nonsense, Anon. Perhaps you could take a grammar class or two, just so that we'd be able to actually discern your post and figure out what you're even trying to get across?
>>
>>253611426
That's sort of the point of the series. Without it, why even distinguish that it was ever Earth hat all? Why would it matter that their society diverged from ours?

It's post-post apocalyptic pulp urban scifi.
>>
>>253617627
It's just Skyrim with guns. Next IP please.
>>
>>253613108
>people who dislike Fallout 2 also dislike Morrowind
I see. Maybe the problem lies with you?
>>
>>253617115
I meant to quote >>253608846
>>
File: 1402971572460.jpg (47KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1402971572460.jpg
47KB, 500x500px
>>253615490
>super mutants are all dumb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y97_Wz4fAtA
>>
Play as a Super mutant

Also radiation based magic. Like Ghoulomancy (They're fucken zombies anyway, just let us raise them)
>>
>>253618370

This isn't Skyrim. Please, stop before it goes bad.
>>
>>253608846
>isometric gameplay

pls no
>>
>>253615962
No, that's China.

But if I'm wrong, Bethesda definitely retconned that. There's two European immigrants in Fallout 3, Moriarty and Tenpenny.
>>
>>253618287
Mutants typically had moderate intelligence, but the dip does fuck up their memories. There were the retards, but I think they were clueless to start with.
>>
IF they are gonna make another Fallout they better do multiple start runs and intercrossed Questlines.

Say they let you start as an slaver, NCR soldier, BoS scout/knight/scribe/paladin, Enclave soldier , etc, etc.
in different locations and with different quests.
>>
>>253619257
Would beef up the replay value and the over all sales. Notbadidea.jpeg
>>
>>253619257
Literally not going to happen.

It's impossible to introduce the player to the world like that. It would greatly inhibit world building and a constructive sense of progression and intuitive narrative.

Not like Bethesda is any good as those, anyway, but you get my point.
>>
>>253619585
I understand that it is HARD TO DESIGN games like that , but it's the necessary next step to improve cRPGs in the future.

I'm tired of you are the chose one/courier/you start in A village and you have THIS Quest and THIS final boss/fight/Quest all the time.
>>
>>253620174

And the story line is this long. Not long at all. About 3 hours in total.
>>
File: VaultBoyFO3.png (393KB, 1116x1143px) Image search: [Google]
VaultBoyFO3.png
393KB, 1116x1143px
In real life, if you see a mushroom cloud from an atomic bomb, you're supposed to stick your arm out and hold your thumb over the cloud. If the cloud is bigger than your thumb, you're in the radiation zone and should get the hell out of Dodge. That's what Vault Boy is doing.
>>
File: 1402606941070.png (241KB, 326x315px) Image search: [Google]
1402606941070.png
241KB, 326x315px
>>253620709
No way.
>>
>>253620709
I don't see no mushroom cloud.
>>
>>253620709
That's bullshit
>>
File: 1405321326773.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1405321326773.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>253620709
>>
>>253618842
They should at least make spin-off with isometric gameplay.
>>
>>253608507
How about a game set in California. The major city this time around could be a massive Shady Sands and the rest of the area is the land surrounding the capitol. Have little settlements here and there. Maybe the player could have the choice of joining up with NCR or siding against them with a Caesars Legion cell or like Independent Vegas forces and you can try to start a rebellion or some shit. I don't know I'd just like a chance to fuck with the NCR on their own turf.
>>
>>253620709

Except that's retarded, not everyone has the same sized thumbs or arm length.
>>
>>253620709
Seems legit.
Never mind wind including the different weather patterns at varying altitudes, the material used in the bomb (Cesium, Uranium and Plutonium all leave different amounts of radiation) whether the bomb was an air burst, high altitude or surface burst, the size of the bomb, or anything like that.
Protip: if you see a mushroom cloud, you should get out of dodge no regardless of how large it is compared to your thumb.
>>
File: 1405608715942.jpg (37KB, 403x537px) Image search: [Google]
1405608715942.jpg
37KB, 403x537px
>>253620709
god damnit man.
if you're gonna learn that from one thread and immediately put it in this one, at least start it off by saying "speaking of fallout..."
>>
>>253622773
Would explain why he only has one eye open. It's looking past the thumb...
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.