[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Galette

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 18

File: IMG_0797.jpg (54KB, 358x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0797.jpg
54KB, 358x500px
Thread for discussion/translation of new crowdfunded yuri magazine "Galette"
>>
vol 1
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1olfb6adcz0xv5n
>>
>>2335866
You are a marvelous human being, onee-sama
>>
Vol 2 (from the YH thread)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/pn67dtdl277qmzi
>>
I'm working on the translation of the second chapter of Liberty, but I'm busy with real life so the release is gonna take a while.
>>
>>2335862
>crowdfunded yuri magazine
Sounds great.
>>
>>2335916
On paper maybe
From what I've seen Galette is just Yuri Hime circa 2005. So if you have an aversion to the moe in YH and long for a time when everything was angst, unrequited love, and shoujo plots, you're in luck.
>>
>>2335922
Pretty much this, though on the upside Otsu Hiyori is just as good today as she was 9 years ago.
>>
>>2335922
It is a bit of a throwback. Even slightly less varied than early YH was (also not as sexy). But Galette's minimum standards for art are higher and it's good at what it does, even if that's a bit narrow.
>>
>>2335922
How can I contribute to this crowd funding?
>>
>>2335922
>everything was angst, unrequited love, and shoujo plots
VS
>"yuri" stories where a girl is in love and has sex with a male character, and is lusted at by another girl that also may also have sex with another male character
Which poison do I want? The horribly painful or the painfully horrible?
>>
>>2335954
Netsuzou Trap is not a trend though.
>>
>>2335954
There's 2 stories in Galette where the love interest has been promiscously straight right until she comes involved with the protag, and possibly just bicurious, maybe worse.
>>
>>2335960
And that's not even what happens in NTR.
>>
>>2335922
>everything was angst, unrequited love, and shoujo plots
>everything

Not true, unless "shoujo plot" is any romance at all.
>>
Would rather not start a war, just wanted to make it clear that Galette isn't anything revolutionary.

Yuri artists are going to write what they know, certain tropes have ALWAYS been a part of yuri and there were no evil editors forcing their hands
>>
>>2335985
Who said that it was revolutionary?
>>
>>2335985
You're still making people misuderstanding it. I guess we can say they're all shoujo plot. But the way you say, it looks like its full of NTRs and Nanashi no Asterisms.
>>
>>2335986
When it was first announced as crowdfunded and having no editor, some anons got it on their head that meant it would be delivering yuri the way they wanted it without anyone meddling with the artists' creative freedoms

Reality is different
>>
>>2335992
MAYBE this will happen when they will recruit emerging mangaka. Morinaga Milk, Takemiya Jin, Amano Shuninta and so on won't stop doing "their" stories just because they are working for an indie magazine.
>>
>>2335992
Can you imagine if a magazine had nothing but your absolute favorites? I would go insane.
>>
>>2335950
https://enty.jp/galette
>>
>>2335992
>When it was first announced as crowdfunded and having no editor, some anons got it on their head that meant it would be delivering yuri the way they wanted it without anyone meddling with the artists' creative freedoms

That's exactly what is happening. Most Yuri Hime stories are also what those authors wanted to do. Editors only make some changes, but most of the time, its close to what they intended to do.
Cases when the editor actually ask for less yuri are the exception.

>>2335995
But for that we need someone who can do other genres and do it well, otherwise we have more shit series like Shoujo Shikkaku.
And I can't think of a yuri author like that yet. In fact, there's few good writers in general.
>>
>>2335862
Is this published under Yuri Hime magazine?
>>
Having read both Galette and Eclair, it's surprising how similar the aesthetic and the overall tone of the two are. Too bad Eclair stories fall more on the ambiguous side since Dengeki doesnt want to get too risky and tries to appeal to normalfags at the same time.

Yuri Hime actually has much more variety and better delivery of stories than both of them, too bad it is also plagued with lots of low quality stories that I fucking have no idea were able to pass the editing state.
>>
>>2336003
>And I can't think of a yuri author like that yet. In fact, there's few good writers in general.
Yoshimura Kana and Ogino Jun both successfully mix yuri into other genres. But they're both doing their own thing and as others have said before I don't think either is a good fit for Galette unless they want to want to appeal more to a male demographic.
>>
>>2336035
I think Murcielago is really well written, but he's already doing it. I can't say the same about Gamma, but still.

Point is, if a Yuri author want to make an action story on Galette, they'll probably allow it. No one will force someone to do it, though. And to be fair, if you want to do an action story in the first place, you'll look for another magazine, since people buying Yuri magazines are expecting romance.
>>
Galette > Yuri Hime. It's a lot better than the recent Yuri Hime... YH screws around too much lately. I used to read every YH story diligently but now I can hardly find a few worth investing in.
>>
>>2336046
I think YH is taking a step in the right direction, the problem is they just cant seem to get competent authors to write for them, and some of their new picks jusy plainly shucks. Which is quite baffling since its not like we have a shortage of author, i mean you just need to look at the line up for Eclair or Galette.

Of their new batch at least a few seem decent and worth investing on. Out of Galette I only invest on Momono and Otsu Hiyori s works since Ive always been a sucker for them and the rest of the stories are relatively self contained.
>>
>>2336046
At least none of the Galette's angst is so stupid as NTR and Secret Crush on My Sister.
>>
>>2336069
Hey, I hate NTR and NNA with a passion, but My Unrequited Love is good. And I dont think the author for that will blueball us with a bad end.
>>
File: 00223.jpg (219KB, 1371x1920px) Image search: [Google]
00223.jpg
219KB, 1371x1920px
>>2336069
HA HA HA
>>
>>2336083
Why are you laughing? That short one-shot was not stupid.
>>
>>2336119
I just thought it was hilarious that a woman having to make a wedding dress for her unrequited love who is marrying a man is somehow less angsty than series that will (probably) ultimately have good ends
>>
>>2336083
I was talking about series, in specific. And please, YH had an one-shot as shitty as this one at the same month, if not worse, since there wasn't even a theme aside from "my life sucks".
>>
This is worse than those studio wars on /a/.

>"At least none of Dogakobo's shows are as bad as Hibikek!"

>"HA HA HA" (posts picture of Love Lab)
>>
>>2336141
I don't even hate YH, though. I buy both magazines because I want both of them to be successful, but saying Galette is only angst while Yuri Hime isn't is wrong.
>>
>>2336054
I think they can. They just didn't. Whoever job is to green light the series is doing a shitty job.

I want Otsu Hiyori to work for YH. It's a larger platform so she can get the exposure and attention she so rightfully deserves.
>>
>>2336150
>cancel Shuumatsu Nani shi ni ikou and Itsuka Minoreba
>Just make Kodama write NTR ending already, so the anime will have a proper story and won't annoy people
>Try some action series, not edgyshit that you need actually talent to make, but some shounen battle that any retard can pull

That would be a start.
>>
File: 00218.jpg (665KB, 1352x1920px) Image search: [Google]
00218.jpg
665KB, 1352x1920px
Why did she stop?
>>
>>2336161
>we have to wait until august in the hope to learn why she stopped
>we have to wait until august in the hope of at least learning her name

They sure know how to keep us hooked.
>>
>>2336159
Shounen battle is one of the genres to pull off, even if retards don't appreciate what's involved.
>>
Anyone can give me a summary for the first chapter of Morinaga Milk's story? What is happening here?
>>
>>2336189
Rena has lived with Yuna for several years. Yuna picks up an abandoned kitten. The place they live doesn't allow cats so they have to look for someone else to give it a home. However, Yuna actually wants to keep the cat and secretly turns down people interested. Eventually she tells Rena and says she's going to move to somewhere that allows cats. Yuna was assuming Rena would move with her (they had for previous moves). But Rena sees this as a time to part ways: she tells Yuna she's not going to move with her as she's in love with her (wants to kiss and have sex with her).
>>
>>2336197
Whoa. Nice start.
>>
>>2336197
>(they had for previous moves)
Ah, it was just moving from being roommates at vocational college to the apartment.
>>
>>2336189
>>2336197
Anyone planning to translate it yet?
>>
>>2336071
>My Unrequited Love
Is this the one with the high school girl being in love with her (alive) brother's wife?

I'm beginning to like NTR just because it is going somewhere, FINALLY. I was probably reeaaaally patient with the series because of its art.
I love NNA. The ending is shit but I truly appreciate the author's attempt to take on 5 different perspectives (it's not easy) and his/her effort to go into details when depicting the characters' emotion. At the very least, the angst in NNA led to new developments even though it was slow. NTR, on the other hand, goes round and round and always goes back to square one after random make out session. The sex would have been a lot sexier if there was actual development.
>>
>>2335581
Which where you planning to do?
>>
>>2335581
>Anons giving out scans, would you care if I translated, edited, and released certain chapters not picked up by other groups? Wanted to ask for permission.

I was one of the anons who posted one and I'm not sure why you're asking permission. If I were you, I'd just state that I'd want to do a TL of X story and was wondering if anybody else happened to be working on it. It's kinda weird to ask permission from somebody who wasn't really legally supposed to post it on a public forum anyway. I just did it because I know some of you guys can't afford it.

However, if you can afford it, go buy at least an electronic version if not a print version. It's good to support these guys. They seem to be pretty gaijin-friendly, too. Also, it's not that expensive, either.
>>
>>2336233
If you have kindle unlimited you can get it for free.
>>
>>2336233
The electronic version of Galette is really easy to buy. You can get it on Kindle off of the US Amazon store for about $8 per volume.

Also, the Enty website has an English version, so if you're able, it's not hard to support them through there either. Just make sure you pick the 500 yen/month option if you want to get the PDFs as well.
>>
>>2336239
Well, technically you have to pay for JP Amazon Prime which is completely separate from the NA Amazon Prime or <fill in your country> Amazon Prime, but yeah. It doesn't cost EXTRA for it.

>>2336241
Yeah, like I said, they seem to be pretty gaijin-friendly, which is always pretty awesome.
>>
>>2336244
Yeah, you have to switch your kindle to your jp account first.
>>
>>2336241
Anyone know what kind of paper the physical copy is printed on? Is it near tissue paper like what YH is printed on?
>>
>>2336003
Morinaga Milk's comment in Galette said that her story didn't get approved by a commercial magazine, so I'm glad Galette exists.

Honestly, it's just nice to have more collections to read, and the authors I like are spread across YH, Galette, and Eclair, so there's value in all of them.
>>
>>2336247
She's been writing for Action and Comic High, I think? So probably one of those didn't like it. Does anybody remember why she doesn't get her stuff in Yuri Hime? I thought there was some reason, but I can't remember now.
>>
>>2336247
I hope that this will encourage more authors to be a little more brave with their stories.
>>
>>2336250
That might be one of the reasons she included that comment. To encourage others to go ahead and submit their stories to Galette.
>>
>>2336251
the problem is: how many people are interested in reading yuri manga that aren't focused on romance?
>>
>>2336251
Galette doesn't take submissions
>>
>>2336254
Probably a small number. However, I think people might want a little variety in yuri, like a fantasy story that has some blatant yuri, etc.
>>
>>2336255
I was wondering about that. How exactly DO they pick stories, etc. to publish?
>>
>>2336259
It's a doujin circle organizing it. They probably getting contact to invite people through the doujin scene and similar connections between mangaka.
>>
>>2336256
A "normal" manga with a protagonist that just happens to be a lesbian would be great. But then again maybe it's a bit too early for Galette.
>>2336259
>>2336261
I wonder how did they get Kitta Izumi to write a manga with Moto. I mean everybody knows that she's into yuri, but when you contact a seiyuu you usually don't ask her to write a manga. Maybe they called her and asked if she wanted to collaborate in some way and things escalated.
>>
>>2336264
When Kitta Izumi and Mikami Shiori did a yuri show years ago, Momono Moto was the artist for an Izu x Shio manga for volume bonuses based on their ideas.
>>
>>2336264
I think Galette and Eclair line up really shows which artists hang out with which. In Galette you have all the veteran authors who've been in the yuri industry for years coming together, while in Eclair you have all the artists who used to be doujinka or the new shot and they are shown to be following each other too. I think the artists can also recommend the publisher/organizer who to invite through personal acquaintance.
>>
>>2336246
It's much more akin to the paper used in tanks, slightly thicker and not as dark.
>>
>>2336374
Guess I'll grab a copy then. And scan the Morinaga Milk series. I would also like to translate it.
But I don't know if anyone else is planning to work on it or not.

Importing, scanning, translating, cleaning and typesetting is a lot of work to do all by yourself.
>>
File: 00138.jpg (546KB, 1370x1919px)
00138.jpg
546KB, 1370x1919px
Anyone wants to translate this one? It seems pretty good actually, but I think the girl that is kissing will be a slut and hurt the other girl that really loves her.
>>
>>2336377
are the electronic versions bad? If they're decent, it seems like less work. Not that I'm trying to discourage you from buying it, b/c it's good to support them, etc...
>>
File: 00118.jpg (456KB, 1351x1920px) Image search: [Google]
00118.jpg
456KB, 1351x1920px
>>2336460
On top of having thick jpg artifacts on the page, for the Morinaga Milk story, there is some kind of graphical error. Lines across the top and bottom, and past those lines are missing screen tones for some reason.
>>
>>2336254
A good % of the best selling yuri right now have romance as a subplot or at least not as a main theme so. The real question would be how many people that buy yuri magazines like galette would be interest in reading something like this.
>>
>>2336473
What are the popular yuri right now? Yagakimi, Happy Sugar Life, Anokiss, Citrus, NTR maybe? A lot of those seem to be relationship focused
>>
>>2336464
Interesting...
>>
File: 2017-05-14_12-29-22.png (151KB, 927x835px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-14_12-29-22.png
151KB, 927x835px
>>2336460
Also already ordered it.

If anyone else wants quality scans for a project they are going to work on, feel free to ask.
>>
>>2336485
Would we just contact you here, Nee-san?
>>
>>2336482
You also have Murcielago, MS Asuka and Aria AA.
(IRC NTR at v.3 had 100000 impressed copies so yeah it's good)
>>
>>2336487
Yeah, that's fine.
Or if you'd rather ask in private, here's a throw away e-mail address I have.
[email protected]
>>
>>2336489
>Murcielago
Is it really popular in Japan or something.
Threads around here are always dead.
And it's really not that good.
>>
>>2336491
Okay. I'm not sure if I'm gonna do anything or not, but was wanting to know just in case. Thanks, Nee-san!
>>
>>2336493
>always dead.
Learn the difference between slow and dead. Unlike us, Japan has a normal release schedule and is further ahead than us.
>>
>>2336496
Sounds like semantics. But either way, it doesn't seem to be very popular here or there.
>>
>>2336493
Volume 9 advertised 650000 total impressed copies so it should be doing pretty well. (For instance, citrus had 300000 until the 5th volume, while happy sugar life had 400000 in 4 volumes)
>>
>>2336500
>semantics
Semantics kinda, I'd say what you're trying to pull is semantics. It's popular. Maybe not in a way you're used to but it's popular here and over there.
>>
>>2336473
But Galette was made exactly for people who wanted old school yuri back, after YH started to try their "something + yuri" format.
I think it's good that both styles exist.
>>
>>2336493
>And it's really not that good.

I think it's one of the best written manga I have read. At least in the genre. It knows how to wrap the plot, develop characters and the black humour is really good.

But then, most edgy manga are shitty, so I'll probably be easily impressed.
>>
>>2336464
Looks like they accidentally captured the guidelines used when cropping for print? Did anyone get the print version yet to check if it was also accidentally printed?

>>2336485
How did you manage to get a 3rd party merchant in japan to send you 3 used items together for only 771 yen in shipping? There is a lot of out of print yuri I'd like to get my hand on.

>>2336500
You're an idiot for judging its success based on a /u/ thread of all things. No surprise you can't appreciate fine art.
>>
>>2336527
It's funny how you ask me what I did for shipping in the same post you are telling me I can't appreciate "fine art" while calling me an idiot.

Either way, the series is bad. Get over it.
>>
>>2336513
It's not. Just stop trying.
>>
>>2336532
What dont you get over your ego faggot.
>>
>>2336535
Stop being so hostile, you're derailing the thread.
>>
>>2336536
They aren't derailing anything. The anon who keeps replying and keeping the thread about him not realizing something is.
>>
File: 00154.jpg (405KB, 1352x1920px)
00154.jpg
405KB, 1352x1920px
Trying to keep the thread on track. I have time to translate one more series, but I'd need someone to help clean and typeset.

The editor can pick whatever series they'd like to work on.
Anyone want to volunteer?

>>2336540
No, really stop. You are the one derailing the thread. No one is trying to make the thread about themselves. Don't even reply to my post, just let it go.
>>
>>2336542
Your the one who tries to shut people up because they like a manga that you dont like faggot
>>
>>2336543
Thanks for ruining the thread because of your personal issue.
>>
>>2336542
This series caught my eye when I looked over the volumes. Thank you so much for getting it and for offering to translate.
>>
>>2336493
Yeah, so unpopular and bad that it reached volume 9 and with no end in sight.
So unpopular and bad that just in the last few months the first volume was released in english, german and italian.
>>
>>2336493
Threads are dead because it's licensed in English and even before that scanlations were slow.

Depending on how dedicated the new scanlator is, we may be waiting at least two years to catch up to were the tanks are now
>>
>>2336464
I love Morinaga's tall girls, they are super cute
>>
>>2336595
>>2336598
Stop already. This has nothing to do with the thread.
The Murcielago defense squad always ruins threads.
>>
>>2336603
You're cute, being wrong. Also take your own advice and stop replying.
>>
>>2336604
Why are you allowed to reply when you are the one in the wrong? Sounds like you just want the last word, badly.
>>
>>2335862
i dont suppose there is a full spread picture of the front and back covers of the first volume without the text?
>>
>>2336605
Your the one screaming "THIS MANGA SUCKS NO ONES ALLOWED TO LIKE IT"
>>
>>2336616
Nope. That's not what anyone at all is doing. Mainly, people are just telling you to stop derailing the thread. You refuse to let anything go.
>>
>>2336618
Of course, people will always be allowed to shit on Murcielago as much as they want.
>>
File: 0016.png (2MB, 3826x3183px) Image search: [Google]
0016.png
2MB, 3826x3183px
I got my copy of Galette today. And it turns out the physical pages are cropped drastically more than kindle version. On both the top and sides.

I'm actually not even sure which versions I should use for scanlation now.
>>
>>2337989
Wow, the top there isn't much but that bottom/right side cropping is criminal. Very disappointing.
>>
>>2337989
Is this what happens when crowdfunding a magazine?

Maybe they'll fix this mistake when they put together the tank. At the current rate it would only take 2 years!
>>
>>2336083
From thumbnail alone I thought that was some kind of disfigured vagina. Kinda disappointed that it's not.
>>
>>2337989
waifu2x the digital scans. ive done that for a few releases and literally no one has noticed.
>>
>>2338043
Suggested settings?
>>
>>2338043
waifu2x destroys black and white pages. People probably noticed, they just don't care.

>>2338046
Suggested you don't do it.
>>
>>2338043
Noticed what?
>>
>>2337989
>>2337994
If you're paying them, complain or let them know. If you think they're like a doujin group that is crowdfunded, then they should care about their fans/customers. Right?
>>
The art of Cotton Candy is really pretty. I wonder if anyone will translate it in the future.
>>
>>2338050
>People probably noticed, they just don't care.

Nah, there are too many autists on dynasty and 4chan. SOMEBODY would've said SOMETHING, because they think it's their calling in life to point out how other people fail while never attempting anything themselves.
>>
File: 06.png (294KB, 1048x1488px) Image search: [Google]
06.png
294KB, 1048x1488px
>>2338688
exactly. i was wondering when people would call me out when everyone was gushing about Mochi au Lait, but no one ever did.
>>
>>2338712
I actually wondered why things looked weirdly aliased sometimes but I assumed it was just like that from the artist.
>>
>>2338688
>>2338712
I would complain because I in fact notice all of these things, but I don't because I just spend my time doing other shit when I could be typesetting/cleaning it myself, and that makes me feel like a hypocrite.
>>
>>2338712
The only thing I find bad about Mochi au Lait is that there isn't a lot more of it.
>>
>>2338739
I would do editing if I didn't have to work on series I don't care about. That expectation is what keeps me from reaching out to scanlation groups.
>>
>>2338688
Nah, just look at how no one said I thing about piss poor editing like this https://exhentai.org/g/1062345/7c4b162257/
Didn't even crop the pages.

People are either stupid or just blindly assume those are the only raws available.
>>
>>2338753
pick up already TL'd series you've liked (go to the TL thread and read, you'll find at least one every now and then) and go ahead. Or pick up a manga and beg for a TL.
>>
>>2338753
look for translated stuff on yuri project or check the Translation thread like above anon mentioned.
>>
>>2338712
Eh, waifu2x is not good with uspscaling very small black&white pages. But the original page is slightly aliased. I think that's just the style of this author.
>>
File: 00116.png (3MB, 1417x2000px)
00116.png
3MB, 1417x2000px
Okay, here's the first chapter of Morinaga's new series, My Cute Little Kitten.
https://www.mediafire.com/?bhq4jbb67hyj5bi

Going to have my proof reader double check it later before I upload to any readers. Feel free to point out mistakes if you see them.
Would have been done faster if I knew the physical copy was worthless.
>>
>>2340499
>Okay, here's the first chapter of Morinaga's new series, My Cute Little Kitten.
>https://www.mediafire.com/?bhq4jbb67hyj5bi
Is this Morinaga own wet dream manga?

At least the yuri cat is out of the bag already in first chapter.
>>
>>2340499
Thank you so much!
>>
>>2340499
Thank you!
>>
>>2340499
Thank you for your hard work, anon!
>>
>>2340499
That lady's so skinny she could probably fit through an XXS-size cat door.

However, a Morinaga Milk series that doesn't beat around the bush is certainly some kind of miracle. Not to mention the short-haired girl's hair isn't even black!
>>
>>2340618
The length of the build up is probably in accordance with its expected length.
>>
File: IMG_20170507_130442HD.jpg (833KB, 1500x1924px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170507_130442HD.jpg
833KB, 1500x1924px
Who is who?
>>
>>2341481
I think the one that's second down from the top right might be Takemiya Jin. I can't read moon so I'm not sure, though.
>>
>>2341490
>Takemiya Jin
Yeah, that's the only one I could reconize too.
>>
>>2341496
Bottom left is Morinaga Milk, and underneath Takemiya Jin is Hakamada Mera. I can't read kanji or messy kana so I don't know what the others are.
>>
>>2341481
first left: I guess it's Otsu Hiyori (乙ひより)
Next to Otsu on the right: Ringo Hamano 浜野りんご (also ringo means apple, that's why there's an apple)
in the second row on the left: I think it's Miyuki Yorita (寄田みゆき)
third row left: Kanmi (甘味) looks the closest (because of the first kanji being written as 甘), but the ちり? or so doesn't fit. I don't know that person too
>>
>>2341561
>>2341481
forgot to write these:
next to Morinaga: Yatosaki Haru (やとさきはる)
same row as Jin in the middle: Yui Asube (明日部結衣)
>>
>>2341481
1st row left: Momono Moto
3rd row left: Sugata Uri
>>
How many chapters (raw) of "My little kitten" we have? Just 1?
>>
>>2341670
It just started in the 2nd issue, yes.
>>
>>2341681
The magazine is monthly ?
>>
>>2341686
Quarterly
You know, like YH was a decade ago
>>
>>2341692
Good times. Now we get 2 chapters a month from some series and scans within days. I couldn't live back then knowing what we know now.
>>
File: 00147.jpg (383KB, 1352x1920px)
00147.jpg
383KB, 1352x1920px
The girl in the right corner (up), it's like I am seeing Fumi from Aoi Hana! Is it from the same artist?
>>
>>2341692
What a shame! Now we have to wait 3 months to see more of "My little kitten"...
>>
>>2341709
Be glad you don't live in the time when the only yuri you got was whatever Lililicious drip-fed you
>>
>>2341715
I was also from that time...but I was kinda happy, coz when I started to like yuri there was so much done by lililicious...
>>
>>2341713

Nope, different artist, but her art does kind of look like Shimura Takako's.
>>
>>2338747
>there isn't a lot more of it.

THIS.
>>
>>2354092
It's a quarterly. Next one is August.

They physically sell it at Comitia and I think they schedule the other releases around that. Comitia121 is August 20th.
>>
>>2354100
Several days after
>>
https://twitter.com/galetteweb/status/872728567611768832

Apparently issue 1 has passed 10,000 copies, paper + DL (I suppose that includes Kindle Unlimited).
>>
>>2357199
I wonder how many copies they sold in China.
>>
>>2335954
Why can't we have good yuri again?
>>
>>2360228
for what? I hope not for the next issue.
>>
>>2360228
Kek.
>>
>>2340499
Thank you!
>>
So how many of /u/ are the patrons and on which level? I think I will join in on normal level (¥500/month).
>>
>>2357303
All you need is murcielago everything is else secondary.
>>
>>2364823

I'm at normal level. Would recommend it. Just make sure to keep in mind that the PDF editions they give out are only available for a limited time, so you'll need to stay on top of when that comes out on Enty.
>>
File: DCWm8tFVoAIbAk5.jpg (72KB, 612x816px)
DCWm8tFVoAIbAk5.jpg
72KB, 612x816px
>>2341713

Some art that the mangaka made for the couple in this series
>>
File: DCXMJr9V0AAe6_y.jpg (71KB, 612x816px)
DCXMJr9V0AAe6_y.jpg
71KB, 612x816px
>>2366722
>>
File: DCYV-JwUIAIKnWO.jpg (94KB, 612x816px)
DCYV-JwUIAIKnWO.jpg
94KB, 612x816px
>>2366723
Please, you forgot the best one.
>>
>>2367360
(You)
>>
>>2366722
>>2366723
>>2367371
Okay, these are fucking adorable!
>>
>>2364853
"No."
>>
>>2366712
Okay. I'm a patron now, but where's the option to stop my support? FAQ says there's an option on My Page, but I can't find it.
>>
Covers for eight stories from Galette No.3 are up on Enty. It looks like Cotton Candy and Girls' Arcadia will end at part 3. That cover for Between Philia and Eros is worrisome. Liberty looks cool.
>>
>>2372665
>https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4909068031
Pre-order is up now too.

>First print bonuses
Finally there is some justification for the premium amazon charges for the print edition.

>That cover for Between Philia and Eros is worrisome.
Can't see the cover but I'm not surprised you said that. That series is darkness behind a cute mask.
>>
File: Between Philia and Eros 3.jpg (2MB, 2179x3066px) Image search: [Google]
Between Philia and Eros 3.jpg
2MB, 2179x3066px
>>2372677
This cover.
>>
Why is this magazine sell at twice the price of yurihime? Is the paper quality better?
>>
>>2376753
It's doujinshi.

And even with periodicals from publishers, more niche publications usually have higher price per page.
>>
File: Untitled.png (9KB, 1140x131px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
9KB, 1140x131px
>>2372068

In case you're still looking for this, to stop your support, you can go to My Page and click on 支援活動 on the top left corner of the page. That will lead you to the page in this screenshot. From here, click on 停止する.
>>
>>2376753
The paper quality of Galette is more akin to paper used in tanks whereas Yuri Hime uses typical magazine paper.

As a side note, both first and second issues are still available for 1500 yen each via booth.
>>
>>2377558
Being indie, I guess most series won't ever get a tank, I guess. Maybe some can find a publisher who picks up a interest.
>>
>>2372665

Already the ending for cotton candy? I thought it would be a long serie
>>
>>2377567
Cotton Candy was not listed in series section. So no, it was not planned as a long series.
>>
>>2377567
It was originally going to be a 2 parter, as was Girls' Arcadia.
Thread posts: 181
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.