[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Koukaku No Pandora Princess Carry edition

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 58

File: nene x clarion.jpg (474KB, 1169x1500px) Image search: [Google]
nene x clarion.jpg
474KB, 1169x1500px
Continue From>>1965035
Clarion is Strong
>>
File: 1453757045885.jpg (229KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1453757045885.jpg
229KB, 1024x768px
All this Merchandise
>>
Full Opening here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK-9bnERN3k
>>
Pandora is the most dropped show this season. Largest difference in ratings between ep1 and ep2.
Source: http://ani-me.jp/news/7611
>>
>>1974468
>Japs still have shit taste
Fighting the frizzies at eleven etc.
>>
>>1974468
There is cute little girls, humor, robots - why you didn't likes this show japs? WTF?
Seems like they watch only harem shits
>>
>>1974468
Damn, that's a bummer.
>>
>>1974468
Japan hates fun and wants to watch the same cookie cutter LN adaption over and over.
>>
>>1974576
Cross Ange was worse.
>>
>>1974549
I dropped it when I found out it wasn't anything like Appleseed and GiTS.
>>
>>1974576
the characters and music are great, though.
>>
>>1974592
Firstly there's the expectations. Unfortunately, I like these other reviewers went in expecting it to be like GiTS.

I don't know about them but I wouldn't even need that many plots/themes shoved in (human psychology/child prostitution) just turn Nene into no-nonsense, professional sharpshooter like Homura.
>>
Do robots eat and poop?
>>
>>1974649
Even if the music itself would be nice (I don't consider it that special for now), it's being applied horribly. The sound director is doing a terrible job.

Still, I do think that this has a chance to surpass the catastrophically low sales of Lances N' Masques (245 discs or so), even if it's just by a 50 or so more.
>>
>>1974650
It would be an entirely different show then.
>>
>>1974650
>went in expecting it to be like GiTS

>lolibots fingering for world peace
>like GitS
I don't understand where those expectations come from. I really don't. I mean, yes, it has Shirow's name all over it, but look at the promo material. Or at the manga (which blatantly states that the story doesn't care about whatever grimdark-y things are going on in the background). Or at the premise. Do people expect every show with cyborgs and A.I.s to be like GitS? Is it that hard to enjoy the show for what it's worth instead of wistfully wishing for GitS v2.0, now with frills and cat ears?
>>
>>1974702
"I would like this show if it was a completely different show"
>>
KonoSuba has been dropped by a lot of people too, see that chart you posted, but it's still performing better in this Winter season (which has shit rankings in general).

Now what?
>>
>>1974501
>>1974515
>>1974549
>>1974647
>>1974707
The shows that get decent sales are usually self-insert or mindfuck, grimdark. This is all the NEET, Hikkikomori Otaku who buy the stuff care about. and yes... This is why we can't have nice things....
>>
>>1974732
What do you care about if Pandora gets good sales or not?
You're not the producer of the discs, there won't be a second season anyway because there is not enough source material, and the main purpose of this show is to advertise the manga itself, and to perhaps also sell music singles by the LANTIS label.
>>
>>1974742
I'm sorry, Onee-sama. I like the things I like to have other people like them as well. I want the creators and producers to see that people want this sort of thing so that they can produce more things like it.

Also, it's not so much I want it to get good sales so much that it is I can't stand the fanbase that anime creators have to cater to.
>>
>>1974745
People should only spend money on luxury items they want if they really like it.

And let's be honest. So far, the [Pandora in the Crimson Shell: Ghost Urn] anime simply doesn't have the value to entice many people into wanting to spend nearly 8k yen for two episodes on a disc.

But don't be saddened about that fact. Kadokawa is still willing to hire anime studios to produce adaptions of yuri-themed books.
It's Studio Gokumi and AXsiZ's responsibility to make viewers interested in it enough that they will buy the manga in large sufficient numbers.
>>
>>1974742
Different anon. Basically >>1974745

And I also want the makers of the anime to feel appreciated for making the stuff that I like, or else I would feel really guilty (because I'm a dirty pirate). Yeah, it's a pretty stupid reason.
>>
File: 1453476465084.jpg (301KB, 2083x1387px) Image search: [Google]
1453476465084.jpg
301KB, 2083x1387px
>>1974742
>What do you care about if Pandora gets good sales or not?
Because I want animators/composers/other staff to get paid. It might sound stupid, but I like when people that produce things I like are well-compensated, and since I'm too poor to import BDs to my slavshit country, I can only rely on other people to do it.

Not to mention that as >>1974745 said, Pandora having good raitings/sales would've shown the higher-ups that these kinds of shows can be profitable as well. Too late for that now, I guess.
>>
>>1974706
No not every cyborg + A.I. series needs to be like GiTS but once I saw Shirow's name on it I seriously expected it to be closer to GitS. I did not watch any promo material before the anime started nor did I read the manga.

I wanted Cyborgs, Hollywood-esque explosion sequences and a badass, no nonsense professional female soldier with a stoic partner who says little but blows a lot of things up.

If nothing else, I suppose Clarice comes close to fulfilling a Bato/Briareos role minus the special power app downloading genitals. If Briareos had that-uh.

The pantyshot in the first ep didn't heighten my expectations any further.

>>1974702
Exactly why I stopped watching Pandora?

>>1974732
Admittedly I do self-insert into GitsAppleseed....as a badass shooting massive bullets into other giant robots with my massive gun.
>>
>>1974769
Why do you think the higher-ups think otherwise?

It's been 5 years since Madoka broke several records and 4 years from the end of K-On.
>>
>>1974776
Yeah, it sounds like it's entirely your own fault, to be honest.
>>
>>1974776
>once I saw Shirow's name on it I seriously expected it to be closer to GitS
Should've noticed Rikdo's name as well.
>>
I haven't watched the latest episode (only up to 3 for now), but the vibe I got from Pandora reminds me with Madoka: sure, everything is cute and light-hearted and stuff.

But... there's something in the background, something foul.

Something that's not cute at all.
>>
File: 06182.png (1018KB, 1375x1052px) Image search: [Google]
06182.png
1018KB, 1375x1052px
>>1974802
>Something that's not cute at all.
'Sup.
>>
>>1974787
And Shirow also wrote Dominion Tank Police. When Shirow wants to do humor, it's really not that much different from the way Pandora already is, except that Rikudo likes lolis and Shirow doesn't.
>>
>>1974787
I have been following Shirow since the 90s. I know all the humorous stuff he puts in his omake pages in the tankubon and side columns like "Tachikomic Days". I had been looking forward to something funny built on those little pieces. I thought that is what this was, someone actually following through on that idea?
This is not even considering the entirety of the Tank Police series.
I guess this makes me a primary and not a secondary Shirow fan? I am more familiar with him than 90% of he anime fans in his own home country??
>>
>>1974802
You should watch episode 4, it'll really intensify that feeling. All those happy, enthusiastic representatives of corporations working on weapons development....
>>
>>1974592
>(whatever that is?)

Really. Really?
>>
>>1974883
Buy the manga for it if it's available in your region. That is literally more important than the anime itself in helping to make the producers decide if yuri-themed manga and anime should be made or not.
>>
>>1974893
I guess publishers can always go on thinking the West only cares about garbage like Shit Fart Online.
>>
>>1974931
Ahh, there's the cancer
>>
>>1974931
You could've just discarded that first part if you want people to take your opinion seriously.
>>
>>1974931
>buying stuff makes no difference. I've never bought any media ever and yuri stuff still gets made
Yuri stuff still gets made because there are people who buy it. And we get manga, games or other stuff localized because there are people willing to buy it in the west. If everyone's mindset was like yours we wouldn't get anything and the industry would be dead.
So don't excuse you being cheap by saying that you "don't matter in the grand scheme of things".
>>1974957
1st number is the current ranking, 2nd number is the previous ranking(it gets updated once every hour or so), 145 pt is the number of current preorders(estimated). I'd say it's doing bad, but not as bad as I thought it would.
>>
>>1974966
>I'd say it's doing bad, but not as bad as I thought it would.
>最終予測累積ポイント Blu-ray:745pt
It's Fractale's levels of bad. Even Sasameki Koto had better sales. Did you think it'd be Kill Me Baby's?
>>
>>1974973
Don't take stalker's estimated numbers too seriously, they're almost never correct. Hidan no Aria AA was doing just as bad, if not even worse, and still managed to sell around 2k.
>>
File: Cover_02.jpg (215KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Cover_02.jpg
215KB, 500x500px
Why are you girls discussping sales? I want this to perform well as much as the next post but given eleven history of meh sales when it comes to yuri the outcome was expected. Now if you wanna do some good go BUY the manga's official translation. Anyway, for something more relevant to /u/r interests should I feed my cat raw food? I know you are into cat physiology stuff.

Also, op is up in nya.
>>
>>1974888
How much does buying CDs help, if at all? I've never known.
>>
>>1974925
I don't get this burning, passionate hate for SAO. It was pretty average for a shonen. Well, its first part. Then it went downhill with fairies and turned into mediocre shit, but it still doesn't warrant this level of hatred.

>>1974973
Estimates are estimates, anon. I'd say KnP is doing bad at the moment, but considering its low budget and somewhat flimsy sound design and pacing, it's to be expected. I think it'll pick up somewhere after the middle point of the season.

>>1974979
>yuri
It's not yuri, genre-wise. It's a comedy/action nostalgia blast with yuri as a side dish, and I wish it was marketed in this way. Would've been easier to attract nostalgiafags with the promise of Excel Saga 2.0 with catbots and fingering.
>>
>>1974983
>It was pretty average for a shonen.

It's a pile of reeking shit. It stinks. *You* may be able to discern between different piles of shit to decide that some smell slightly less shitty, but the rest of us don't appreciate things smelling like shit regardless of the degree.
>>
>>1974985
As someone who's watched more shounens than you it wasn't that bad first arc.
The only reason you hate it is it's popular. It's nothing special in either direction, in fact I'd say it's better than average if nothing else because despite being a harem of sorts there is a clear and specific love interest.
>>
>>1974985
The majority of anime "stinks" in some way or another. Some shows have shitty animation, other have shitty plot. Some have a shitty character or two, some have a whole bunch. This particular anime, for instance, has shitty sound design, yet you still reside in its threads. I'd ask you why, but you seem to be too emotional to make any logical or reasonable statements.
>>
>>1974988
No, I hate it because of the AIDS plot. Thanks for proving you're a SOA fanboy.
>>
>>1974988
I'm shallow enough that I'd probably really enjoy SAO if Kirito was a cute girl with a yuri harem, instead of an annoying shounen.
>>
>>1974988
>The only reason you hate it is it's popular
You do know this is a bait tier argument, right?

>there is a clear and specific love interest
Doesn't make it any less of a harem.

>>1975000
It would still be bad. The characters would still be horribly flat, the plot an atrocity and Kirito still a fanfic selfinsert tier character.
>>
>>1974996
Yeah. I think t was even implied that she was better than Kirito in every way, and would have gotten the OP dual wield skill without the help of haxor powers. So obviously she couldn't stay.
>>
>>1975006
I don't think a lesbian MC would've been appropriate in JoJo.
>>
How long until prince clarion gets animated?
>>
>>1975006
Most, if not all harems I agree. Shows in general, though, I dunno.

Speaking of which, where ARE all the yuri harems? I assume (shot in the dark, I know, but still) that for every, say, five or six generic harem LNs there's at least one yuri harem, yet we get those five or six generic harems every season (and sometimes more, e.g this season) and not a single yuri harem.

I'm barely counting Hidan no Aria AA, as the anime didn't really get to the harem part.
>>
>>1975023
Something something monogamous true love. All harems could've been resolved with an orgy if not for that pesky monogamy.
>>
>>1975020
If the point was self-inserting, why isn't the MC in any harem a nameless, faceless, voiceless, gender-neutral camera floating off the ground?

Either way, to answer your question
>How are fans supposed to self-insert as the MC if she's female?
With great haste.
>>
>>1974883
>I'm a NEET, Hikkikomori Otaku and I like this show

That's fine, Onee-sama, but I was actually talking about the Japanese version of that. The ones who self insert themselves as the fail MC's of shit shows like Infinite Stratos, etc.
>>
>>1974979
Sure, feed your kitty raw food, if he/she wants it. However, be prepared to have your litter box stink like fuck.
>>
>>1974981
The Lantis CDs? It will definitely help, because Lantis works often together with Kadokawa and other producers who do yuri-ish stuff.

Really, anything helps.
>>
>>1975112
Western otaku are like that too. Just look at /a/, MAL, etc.
>>
>>1975023
Even if they were open-minded enough to be open to polyamory there's no guarantee that they'd be attracted to each other. To take a shallow example, they could all be flat-chested girls with a boob fetish chasing after a busty MC.

Still, it'd be interesting to see more OT3-type yuri. Like Yuyushiki.
>>
>>1975018
They need to animate ToLie Angle.
>>
>>1975131
Yes, they are. However, the animators are, by and large, NOT trying to cater to western fans. Western fans don't make up their major support network of incoming yen.
>>
>>1975132
Isn't there a second clarion? Wonder how much Nene respects traditional values.
>>
>>1975156
Well she does have two hands.
>>
>>1975018
>Speaking of which, where ARE all the yuri harems?

Well, I don't have a PhD in pop culture, but I have a little theory that the things audiences expect from harem aren't really compatible with yuri, at least in its current form. Still too much Class S, expectation of angst and melodrama, and prioritizing painfully slow relationship development over silly antics and ridiculous settings. The way the winds are blowing, maybe we'll see some. Maybe they'll actually take off.

There are actually some manga that would be read as sort of "pseudo-harem" like Maid Dragon or Bokura wa Minna Ikiteru were lots of girls gather around and/or show interest in the female lead, but not always in a romantic nature.
>>
>>1975018
>Speaking of which, where ARE all the yuri harems?

Not scanned.
>>
>>1975009
I wish they'd skip that part but I know they won't.
>>
>>1975173
https://youtu.be/Nfrk2UdEOcQ?t=1m13s
>>
>>1974786
It is but nonetheless the effect is the same, this is not what I wanted and I dropped it after one episode.
>>
>>1975018
>where ARE all the yuri harems?
ikr? Sasameki Koto and YuriCam are like the only ones.
>>
>>1975406
Murcielago and Aria AA also count.
>>
File: 1453737244998.jpg (555KB, 908x979px) Image search: [Google]
1453737244998.jpg
555KB, 908x979px
>>1974957
>>1974592
Since /u/ are worried about stalker points already, if it makes you feel good there are like 10 other shows with lower points than Pandora. The season as a whole has low sales.

It's also hilarious that these kind of complaints come from Japan. Specially now that the industry has an everlasting love for moe. Not to mention Shirow just came up with the concept and gives some feedback here and there, Rikudo's responsible for most of the stuff, thanks to him we have the fingering iirc. Kinda reminds me of some anon, ages ago, who expected Akagi from Saki.

>>1974802
There's terrorism, bunny slavery, obasan might be living in a dead loli's body, etc but the focus is in the right place.
>>
>>1975440
Actually the "fingering" stuff is the slap in the face that made me want to not watch this. I'd be okay with a moe yuri show loosely inspired by Shirow (although an actual serious yuri cyberpunk anime by him would be absolutely fantastic). But when you throw in 'she has to stick her finger into her vagina to transfer data, how ero' I just feel insulted.
>>
>>1975406
ToLie Angle, too
>>
>>1975463
True, that's fanservice harem tier of unnecessary.

>>1975467
That's a triangle. That is, a girl short of a harem.
>>
File: who.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
who.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
>>1975463
>>1975472
I swear sometimes I want to caress your perfect little pink cheek.
>>
>>1975580
And that's the problem. I don't want some lame contrived reason for yuri fanservice, I want them to kiss because they like each other.
>>
File: CYSwTNwUoAAWsGX.jpg orig.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
CYSwTNwUoAAWsGX.jpg orig.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
>>1975606
Robots cannot love humans, even if humans are cyborgs.
It's illogical.

It will take Clarion some time before it develops true emotions for Nene that are more than just its prime directive of making sure the admin is safe.
>>
>>1975406
>Sasameki Koto
Does that really count as yuri harem? I can only remember the trap and the black haired girl being romantically interested in MC.
>>
>>1975608
>It will take Clarion some time before it develops true emotions for Nene that are more than just its prime directive of making sure the admin is safe.
Okay, so I'd rather wait for that. The fingering stuff is not an acceptable substitute. It just feels tacked on.
>>
>>1975616
The point of the fingering (aside from fanservice) is to show how gay Nene is (via her enthusiasm). And honestly the misleading framing/out-of-context lewdity of the fanservice is pretty fun (particularly with the manga implementations, which aren't held back by the anime's lack of budget). It's unfortunate that you aren't able to enjoy the fingering scenes, anon, but don't forgot that many others actually do appreciate them.
>>
Hello b/u/tch. I know one of you has the manga in english. Please scan it.
Thanks.
>>
>>1975463
This is not the /u/ I know.
>>
>>1975677
You didn't get the memo eh? /u/ hates yuri and wants more het.
>>1961932
>>
>>1975693
I'm fairly certain you're not being serious, but I'm going to crank my autism up to eleven, ignore it and explain anyway.
When the entire cast is female and everybody is gay it just reeks of prison gay, since characters don't have any choice but to be with a girl or suffer from sexual frustration. It's much more pleasant to read a story set in a universe with a normal male-to-female ratio and existing heterosexual characters, because: a) it's closer to reality, which means human relationships there don't feel like something straight out of a fairy tale or some teenager's fanfiction; b) girls date girls because they want to be with girls (or with a particular girl), not because they have no other choice; and c) it helps to avoid generic tropes like "it's just a phase", "they're doing it just because no guy would date them/there are no guys", etc. Not entirely, sure, but still.
While I don't particularly like Sasameki Koto, it does a nice job with its world. Guys exist, they're not all dicks, some of them are interested in the MC's love interest, showing that she's popular with them, yet she's still only longs for cute girls.
"Everybody is gay" settings are fine once in a while, but they quickly become boring when overused.
>>
File: 55070836_p0.png (821KB, 1200x1666px) Image search: [Google]
55070836_p0.png
821KB, 1200x1666px
Less opinions, more pics.
>>
File: 1454324427641.jpg (247KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1454324427641.jpg
247KB, 1920x1080px
D'awwww.
>>
>>1975695
People with similar interests tend to gather. Most of my circle of friends is gay. Shocking and unrealistic, apparently.

Shows do not need to fill an arbitrary quota of straight characters just to stop people like you from feeling horribly oppressed by it.
>>
>>1975882
Conversely I'm gay and none of my friends are.
>>
File: 1454085673944.png (2MB, 1760x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1454085673944.png
2MB, 1760x1079px
>>1975827
Time traveller?
>>
>>1975895
Hehe, same!
>>
File: what.jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
>>1975882
>>1975892
>>1975895
>>
>>1975895
I want to be a gay girl and I have one friend.
>>
>>1975882
>Shocking and unrealistic, apparently.
Well, if you're only surrounded by people of one sex and they're all gay, yes, it's shocking and unrealistic.
>>
>>1975895
That can't be true. You have /u/s!

... some of us are friendly!

Some...
>>
>>1975908
That's pretty much what I am surrounded with when I am with friends.

I know that this is shocking to you, since you do not seem to have friends, but in the real world, it's not that uncommon. It's a pretty logical conclusion when you're living in the south - you find like-minded people.
>>
>>1975948
>the south is the entirety of the world
>>
>>1975948
At which point did word "world" and "universe" start to mean "a circle of friends"? Because I'm fairly sure that unless you live in a lesbian gulag, where everybody is female, including the wardens, you will run into men sooner or later.

Also, choosing friends by their bed preferences sounds impractical to me. But hey, what do I know. I've never lived in a southern lesbian gulag.
>>
File: CZZlokJVAAALDXs.jpg (71KB, 600x721px) Image search: [Google]
CZZlokJVAAALDXs.jpg
71KB, 600x721px
Inivite your circle of gay friends to watch Pandora.
>>
>>1975948
You're missing the point. Having 4 characters from a school, on the same club, being all lesbians is plausible. Having an all-girls school in which all its students are lesbians is not.

When the setting is entirely populated with just girls, the authors can get away with the "it's just a phase/adolescence" crap. That's what that onee-sama was complaining about. I also want stories where the girls get with other girls because they wanted, regardless of how many dicks were around her.
>>
>>1975414
Also Kurumi mark 2
>>
>>1976240
>When the setting is entirely populated with just girls, the authors can get away with the "it's just a phase/adolescence" crap
But didn't the last time someone actually pulled that off, the setting has a lot of male characters?
>>
The way they hold hands for over half the episode really fills my lily love tank.
>>
>>1976339
Did that one counted as CGDCT and/or Yuri?
>>
>>1976455
You can say that it's CGDCT.

You do know what that anon is talking about, right?
>>
>>1976458
Do you? CGDCT don't have a "main plot" beyond the "everyday lives of some cute girls". That one did has a main plot.
>>
>>1976397
I agree. I'm pretty sure that's why the Japs aren't watching it. Too degenerate for them.
>>
Is nyaa dead?
>>
>>1976658
It's being dossed. Here's the magnet

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:6667PBD5FSBUL4GGLMAMWXKDHSJ46GJH&tr=udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80/announce
>>
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-02-05/erased-durarara-dagashikashi-top-ranked-for-winter-2016/.98381

If anyone still complaining about how [sic] grimdark/self-insert is more popular then x and therefore less yuri shows will be made.

Be aware that the most popular show is a peggy sue drama followed by DRRR, DK and a comedy shounen.

Even if we expand it to the entire list, the amount of pure self-insert works is outnumbered by ones that aren't.

Now presuming we follow the logic that yuri isn't made because Japan is watching something else, are we going to say it's because shounen/drama/fantasy/statue idol anime is killing yuri? If you believe the popularity of X kills Y then you might as well say the popularity of shows like One Piece is going to kill harem anime. Sadly that isn't the case and the logical premise does not make sense.

But even presuming that's the case, the premise is still wrong considering we continually get shows similar in content to Pandora for discussion. (Yuyushiki, Gakkou Gurashi, Gochuumon)
>>
File: 1454701030675.png (523KB, 738x774px) Image search: [Google]
1454701030675.png
523KB, 738x774px
>>1976798
Cute ep, kinda feel bad for the reporter though.
>>
I'm only really watching this for the yuri, but I must say that this show's strange sense of humor has charmed me. This episode's Nene and Clarion were cute, their hand holding made me smile a lot. And is it just me, or does Nene's Pandora form look kinda like Mami's magical girl form?

Also, I don't think I've seen a character as expressive as Takumi in one episode. I gave up trying to take a picture of all of her faces about halfway through the episode, but now I've got a bunch of new reaction faces, which never really hurts to have.

Can't wait for next week's dosage of weird yuri robots.
>>
File: 1454716126810.jpg (129KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1454716126810.jpg
129KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>1976867
They make better use of space than Fate and Nanoha did.
>>
File: 1454719898291.jpg (856KB, 1920x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1454719898291.jpg
856KB, 1920x2160px
>>1976928
They should have kicked Vivio into a craddle.
>>
Is the ripped subs out yet?
>>
>>1976936
On the other hand they did raise a fine, responsible, and well adjusted lesbian daughter that way.
>>
>>1976959
Yes.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/cm22vc
>>
>>1976964
Thanks.
>>
>>1976867
Whos life signs is she monitoring there, just hers or both of theirs?
>>
File: 1453922523379.png (225KB, 2000x2354px) Image search: [Google]
1453922523379.png
225KB, 2000x2354px
How do two lesbots have sex?
>>
File: 1454269153766.png (46KB, 390x258px) Image search: [Google]
1454269153766.png
46KB, 390x258px
>>1977031
>>
>>1977031
Takumi seems to care for Nene in this episode. Maybe they can ask her for a virtual yuri simulation.
>>
>>1976638
It would be extremely, umm, comfortable.
>>
>>1977031
How do six lesbots have sex with a cyborg's aunt's loli android avatar?
>>
>>1977186
They have to find the 4 other lesbots first.
>>
File: 1454744304033.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1454744304033.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
How does /u/ feel about the doll joints?
Does it detract from the intimacy of the scene?
Is it less titillating? /a/ has very definite opinions on it but does /u/ even care?
>>
File: 1454681033074.jpg (140KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1454681033074.jpg
140KB, 1920x1080px
>>1977197
Who cares about doll joints? Long hair is where it's at.
>>
File: 1454744021916.jpg (52KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1454744021916.jpg
52KB, 1280x720px
Also, how does it feel when you realize that the doll joints are the only reason this was broadcast uncensored.
>>
>>1977198
True both of them should wear their hair down more often.
Is hair up some kind of power limiter?
>>
>>1977198
Cute!
>>
>life-like motion
>>
>>1977204
I noticed that. And I have to wonder-why? I understand they wanted her to have a female shape, but why floppy enough to need a bra?
Does her body store fluids there or something?
If its just for "life like texture" I am not sure Clarion would be appreciative.
>>
>>1977207
I believe the people who designed her body made it so that she could be as human as possible. Having realistic breasts would be one of many ways to make it so.

And it's not like it's hard to make synthetic breasts. Our generation practically perfected the technology.
>>
>>1977213
They kept the breasts, but didn't give her vulva?
See if they kept both, I could see the idea of giving her a body that was as human like as possible. But they didn't, she has no vulva and they didn't put nipples on her breasts. To me that suggests that they only wanted to keep a female silhouette- like a doll. So why bother to fit real feeling breasts? And why realistic feeling breasts with no nipples?
Though it probably wont be difficult for her to buy and add on nipples and maybe even vulva at a later date.
>>
>>1977207
>>1977215
I'm sorry you're flatchested, nee-chan. Worry not, flat is justice. Sometimes.
>>
>>1977215
It's possible that creating human-like genitalia is difficult for their technology. Humans are struggling to adapt to simple prostheses, so obviously scientists/researchers would try to fix that issue first. No need to spend time and money creating useless nipples when the majority of cybernized people have trouble using their robolimbs. Creating a realistic vagina is even more difficult, since it requires meddling with the cyborg's insides as well.
As for real feeling breasts, maybe they were given her to keep her female form so she wouldn't look like a wooden board with two price tags sticking out of it. To me, it doesn't seem weird that a girl would want to keep a girly body, especially since she says her appearance is supposed to match her simulated grown-up one.
>>
>>1977215
Whether the breasts are hard or soft would look different in normal public situations, like when she wanted to wear her bikini
>>
>>1977215
>They kept the breasts, but didn't give her vulva?
Did they though? The place where it's supposed to be is obscured by her thigh in the episode.

I'd imagine that they gave her one too so that she could pee. She does drink, if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>1977222
In Pandoradio she says she gets all nutrients 'n stuff from cartridges that she changes once a week. I don't think she needs to eat/drink, although it's possible she's able to do that just for the pleasure of tasting something.
>>
>>1977225
I actually doubt that she really can eat and drink, though. It seemed like Nene tried to explain to the old lady that she really has no need for the bonbon that was offered to her, and not just out of modesty.
>>
>>1977225
>although it's possible she's able to do that just for the pleasure of tasting something.
She probably can't. When she did the juggling in the manga she got given a load of candy by the crowd and she asked Takumi to eat it all (except the one from Anna she kept as a memento).
>>
>>1977222
you only need a hole to pee from, did they give her labia and a clitoris though?
Also see >>1977199, she doesn't have a complete buttock cleft like a normal human, so I kind of suspect that her front is a similarly reduced form.
>>
>>1977227
Ok, THAT is sad. A cute girl who cannot eat delicious keeki is a very sad thing. I hope that is not true.
>>
File: morning lewdness.gif (755KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
morning lewdness.gif
755KB, 500x281px
why is this allowed?
>>
>>1977229
She never asked for this.

People in the Pandora-world getting turned into cyborgs is a tragic thing, because it means they had terrible accidents or diseases, and that technology is in its infancy.
Nene is special in that she can use her machine body as well as a normal healthy human can use its flesh body. Only very young people still growing up can adapt to their mechanoid frame, and even then only few of them manage to do it.
For all the other people, it's too late, and they will always remain literally cripples.
>>
>>1977207
She said in first episode that her body was based on a "growth simulation" of what she might have looked like if she had grown up human. Presumably then the cyborg body is anatomically correct, but this also seems to imply that her brain is that was a per-pubesent girl put into an adult-like body.
>>
File: 082.jpg (277KB, 866x1096px) Image search: [Google]
082.jpg
277KB, 866x1096px
>>1977229
As long as she can eat her delicious maidobot, it's fine.
>>
>>1977235
It's implied that she would have gone through resizing
>>
>>1977233
They made a point in a episode of GiTS:2nd Gig that the Major had not been built with tearducts to simulate crying. Nene has an older body, so that I bet is also something she cannot do.
>>
>>1977235
>adult-like body

It's a normal looking teenaged body. She's probably also teenaged mentally too.
>>
>>1977240
Why? They age and size jump would not have been that huge, and by the time she got through rehab, her brain would be the right age to fit the body finally.
>>
>>1977245
When they say she is 16, I am thinking the are referring to the age of her brain. So she is now a high school age teen.
>>
>>1977240
That's actually said explicitly in the manga.

>>1977246
In the manga, Nene says she's been a full body cyborg for 6 years.
>>
>>1977246
She would have gone through resizing so that her body always roughly matches her mental age.
>>
>>1977231
It shouldn't.
>>
>>1977249
So she was 10. Explains a lot.
>>1977251
I bet it doesn't matters so much to Nene as an individual since its stated she is exceptional, but most of the time that would keep setting back peoples physical therapy.
>>
So realistically she probably can't feel anything sexual with her bionic body, so to have sex she would have to run a software script to stimulate her brain into having an orgasm while making her hips gyrate
>>
File: 1414876460241.gif (65KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1414876460241.gif
65KB, 500x500px
>>1977256
>she would have to run a software script to stimulate her brain into having an orgasm while making her hips gyrate
Keep going.
>>
>>1977262
She charges, but she also sleeps.
Clarion doesn't need to sleep because she isn't human.
>>
>>1977262
She does recharge through that bed. And she needs to eat through special cartridges for her organic brain.

She very likely needs less energy than Clarion though, since Clarion is a high-tech battle robot.
>>
>>1977256

That's how the Major did it, isn't it?
>>
File: yuyus.png (114KB, 460x258px) Image search: [Google]
yuyus.png
114KB, 460x258px
>>1977256
w..what programming language is naughty enough for that code....
>>
>>1977282
Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell.
One famous image is that she's having lesbian sex with two other girls while Batou is watching them.
It was all simulated though, and the explanation was that it was just a program that made them all climax, which they could have activated whenever they wanted.
>>
>>1977287
That's not 100 percent it.
Majors two roomates are mostly human still. Kusanagi, jacks into their brains, and feels their arousal, and it allows her to feel it as she stimulates them.
Then they can switch between povs like they were the director in a movie or feel everything together if they can handle it. For all we know she could have cameras and microphones in the room to sample for even more views.
>>
>>1977300
Google "Shirow Masamune" and educate yourself.
>>
>>1977300
Same universe, so there's a shitload of references and the tech here is basically a precursor to the tech in gits.
>>
>>1977256
>"My hips are not responding!"
>>
>>1977304
>my_hips_can't_move_on_their_own.jpg
>>
>>1977300
The famous three way lesbian sex scene was never animated. Its in the original GiTS manga.
And was edited from the first English translation printing.
There are references to it in Stand Alone Complex because in a couple episodes her roommates have speaking roles.
And in one episode they show the two girls in lingere in bed still plugged in but asleep while Makoto gets up puts on her leathers and leaves without waking them.
>>
>>1977286
Probably Bash:
unzip; strip; touch; grep; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; umount; sleep
>>
>>1976936
Aww, I thought that scene was sweet.

https://a.pomf.cat/skaizp.webm

If somebody could reduce the size of this and remove the audio so I could actually use this on /u/, it would be lovely.
>>
>>1977256
She can already feel sensations like tickling on her skin. Perhaps with a few modifications, not all hope is lost for real robosex.
>>
File: skaizp.webm_20160206171200.webm (1MB, 300x167px) Image search: [Google]
skaizp.webm_20160206171200.webm
1MB, 300x167px
>>1977339
>>
>>1977343
Thank you!
>>
>>1977231
Why is this not spoilared? This shit is too lewd.
>>
>>1977324
Okay, I lol'd way harder than I should have for that
>>
File: a7bffd600e5d320831b180ab1e9ded7d.jpg (565KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
a7bffd600e5d320831b180ab1e9ded7d.jpg
565KB, 1920x1080px
>>1977324
>Bash: the preferred language of /u/fags
>>
>>1977380
>not properly grounding herself before handling hardware
This is how viruses are spread.
>>
File: shared ram - 1425585824010.jpg (125KB, 740x677px) Image search: [Google]
shared ram - 1425585824010.jpg
125KB, 740x677px
>>1977380
>>
File: Bt7Lkd3.png (163KB, 566x227px) Image search: [Google]
Bt7Lkd3.png
163KB, 566x227px
>>1977383
>>winshit-chan
>This is how viruses are spread.
hehe I see what you did there
>>
>>1977385
lewd hand holding
>>
File: 55132339_p0.jpg (325KB, 588x800px) Image search: [Google]
55132339_p0.jpg
325KB, 588x800px
>>
Is nyaa still down?

I haven't watched the new episode yet
>>
>>1977199
Funi didn't censor it? I didn't watch their version.
>>
>>1977565
It's been up for quite a while now.
>>
>>1977566
There isn't anything to censor. Funi gets the Japanese TV version to air and that was uncensored. "Barbie" anatomy is always an exception because it in itself is the censor.
>>
File: lwd.jpg (119KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
lwd.jpg
119KB, 1280x720px
>>
File: CaklhtvVAAA5cqO.jpg orig.jpg (119KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CaklhtvVAAA5cqO.jpg orig.jpg
119KB, 768x1024px
You can get your little Clarionendo.
>>
>>1977383
She may have, I always touch the heating here. But the less clothing you wear, the better, so I would advise they both strip.
>>
File: 1454806745287.jpg (196KB, 680x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1454806745287.jpg
196KB, 680x1023px
>>1977723
>>
>>1977723
>>1977744
Pandora device included?
>>
File: CalcfT7UYAA6Lmy.jpg (13KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
CalcfT7UYAA6Lmy.jpg
13KB, 200x200px
>>1977744
>>1977723
>>
Is Takumi really Nene's aunt? I have a feeling that she just bought her at an auction or something, but she does seem to care about her in the episode.
>>
>>1978077
She's not her aunt. A term like "obasama" doesn't just literally mean an aunt. It's a polite way to refer to a woman Nene presumably expected to be old enough to be a mother and who she would be in the care of.

Information about the few adepters who exist is kept confidential (beyond that they are teens or younger), but Takumi managed to find out about Nene and then arranged for her to be transferred into her care because she's interested in Nene's research value. She does care about as a person too though.
>>
>>1978089
I thought that Nene mentioned that she's a relative to Uzal in the first episode, but maybe I'm mistaken.
>>
>>1978166
Valuable post.
>>
>>1977744
No colors?
>>
File: CakwSaRUUAAsBKZ.jpg orig.jpg (379KB, 1586x1586px) Image search: [Google]
CakwSaRUUAAsBKZ.jpg orig.jpg
379KB, 1586x1586px
>>1978450
It's still in prototype stage.
>>
>>
>>1978458
There is no talent, only practice, imouto.
>>
>>1978494
There is talent, though. You can override the lack of talent with lots of practice, but it's significantly harder.
And then there's lack of imagination, inability to visualize things in your mind, fucked up spatial perception, et cetera, et cetera. Not everything can be solved with practice.
>>
File: 1454266609443.jpg (89KB, 966x682px) Image search: [Google]
1454266609443.jpg
89KB, 966x682px
>>1978458
Good enough for a starter. Keep practicing.
>>
>>1978494
Some people are naturally talented though, and no amount of practice will reach their level
>>
>>1978498
>>1978509

There is no "talent" in drawing. There are things that can be helpful, like stronger hand-eye coordination, a better sense of color, or attention to detail.

Even a savant isn't born with "amazing drawing talent" they have much higher of one of the above, or things like a photographic memory to assist. The best artists who have ever lived were not born that way, they worked and worked and worked at their craft until they were great. Please do not perpetuate this misinformation.

Things like "lack of imagination", "inability to visualize things in your mind", and poor spatial perception are exactly what practice remedies. Do not lie to yourself, make excuses, or sell yourself short, imouto. Being good at drawing is a matter of time and effort, you can absolutely do it.
>>
File: Fallout Nene.jpg (11KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout Nene.jpg
11KB, 200x200px
And the absolute most important thing is motivation.
>>
>>1978509
There's talent but it's a multiplier. Let's say normal is 1, talented is 1.2. For everyone hour practiced a talented person gets 20% more out of it than a normal person, this means if both have equal practice the talented person will be ahead. However if you practice a lot more than they do its easy to get better than them.
It's not quite as cut and dry and there's a large scale of "talent" but there is never an unsurpassable amount. Talented people have to try just as hard to stay ahead as you do to catch up.
>>
>>1978498

If you have fucked up spatial perception, being able to draw is the least of your worries. Whether through narcotics or medical conditions, even walking across the room will be an ordeal. Source: I have tried walking across small rooms while tripping balls and completely failed.

Everything else though is practice. There are many artistic learning tools and specific practice techniques to develop perspective and proportion.

If you're really curious about this, I would recommend looking at art history before the Renaissance and after. Paintings frequently lacked proper perspective, scaling and anatomy. Those artists were not any stupider or less perceptive than people now -- they simply didn't have the artistic techniques and had to invent and refine them before they could be used. Its fascinating reading about the development of those techniques and technologies, and you will be surprised at the effect they have on the art of the time.

Disclamer: I don't draw anything, but do write music. Practice is more important than talent there too.
>>
>>1978605

There's some really interesting work regarding this by psychologists, and what they've found is that how you practice is as important as how much you practice.

I really recommed Practice Perfect by Doug Lemov and Make It Stick by Peter C. Brown and Henry L. Roediger III for reading material. Those books are goldmines of amazing advice for practice and study in any pursuit.
>>
>>1978609
>Whether through narcotics or medical conditions, even walking across the room will be an ordeal.
Not that fucked up. But fucked up enough to not be able to correctly rely distance from real life/imagination to your drawing, understand how perspective works, maintain proportions, etc.
There are also people who completely lack the ability to visualize anything. I'm one of those people, and all my attempts at drawing were thwarted by my inability to even imagine what I want to draw, let alone actually draw it.

There is an innate, basic faculty that some people have, that gives them an advantage over people who don't have it. Just like some are geared towards, say, formal sciences more than social sciences, there are those who find themselves making progress in drawing faster than their peers. Now, as >>1978605 said, it's not something unsurpassable. But it would be foolish to deny that people's abilities aren't equal and insist that everything can be fixed with practice/experience. A person who has never been able to communicate with others properly will never become a good team leader in a big project; a person who barely remembers the basics of physics might understand how rocket science works, but will never be able to contribute anything significant; a person who lacks imagination and struggles to express his feelings most likely will never be able to write a poem capable of inflicting strong emotions in other people.
>>
>>1978640
>There are also people who completely lack the ability to visualize anything. I'm one of those people, and all my attempts at drawing were thwarted by my inability to even imagine what I want to draw, let alone actually draw it.

This issue is fixed through practice. I know because it was the same issue I struggled with early on.

>A person who has never been able to communicate with others properly will never become a good team leader in a big project; a person who barely remembers the basics of physics might understand how rocket science works, but will never be able to contribute anything significant; a person who lacks imagination and struggles to express his feelings most likely will never be able to write a poem capable of inflicting strong emotions in other people.

None of these things are true though. They are all about actually putting in effort.

You're seriously selling yourself short, imouto. You could be a great artist if you took the time to become one.
>>
>>1978685
>This issue is fixed through practice.
I don't think this issue is fixable without professional help. Or at least I can't imagine going from being unable to recreate something I've been staring for three minutes at just a second ago to being able to visualize anything and everything I want.

>None of these things are true though.
They are, though. People in those cases might be able to achieve something, but they will never be able to reach any significant heights. At least without going so far out of their comfort zone that it might end up hurting them instead of helping.
>>
>>1978691
The issue is you're talking about a very small percent of people who have a disability.
The normal person can't do these things naturally but can gain it through practice and work. The inability is very very rare.
>>
>>1978703
Mom always told me I was unique.
>>
>discussion of series sales was deleted
>irrelevant practice/talent isn't
>>
>>1978957
Well, one is obvious flame bait, the other is innocent enough discussion.
>>
>>1979061
>Absolutely anything slightly off topic must be removed
Still salty about your bait being removed troll-chan?
>>
>>1979061
This discussion also has nothing to do with yuri.
>>
>>1979132
Because the /ic/ discussion is relevant to learning to draw more yuri. And drawing yuri is yuri related.
>>
>>1979443
If we were talking about how to invest in yuri specific goods and companies then yes, but getting rich in general? No.
Drawing is a 1 step process.
Git gud > yuri drawn
Rich is
Learn to make money > get lucky >Learn where to invest > maybe get more yuri
Too many steps.
>>
File: sexually aroused.jpg (34KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
sexually aroused.jpg
34KB, 600x337px
Can Nene use the Pandora device to be the best in bed?
>>
>>1979573
I imagine that will be a doujin plot.
>>
>>1979574
That's too creative.
In your average doujin, she would just summon a robotic strap-on, at best.
>>
File: CZXJSLcU8AA_4jN.jpg (37KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
CZXJSLcU8AA_4jN.jpg
37KB, 599x337px
>>1979638
>Pandora device, iPS series, dominatrix
>>
>>1979573
Would clarin allow it though?
>>
File: 1451887685194.png (123KB, 644x635px) Image search: [Google]
1451887685194.png
123KB, 644x635px
>>1979643
>>
>>1979667
As if she's in any position to refuse. A computer can't deny access to its own administrator.
>>
>>1979573
This is the kind of thing that doesn't let me sleep at night.
>>
>>1980665
Is it the post or the Chinatsu face?
>>
>>1981560
>Clair-ring
>>
>>1980830
The question. I'd say the answer is yes because Uzal wasn't that big on the "morality" thing, so of course she installed something on Clarion that would make her owner (if it wasn't Uzal herself) sex her properly.
>>
>>1982103
I think our mod might be on a power craze.
Meanwhile on /ic/ we have cancer coming out of our tumors.
>>
File: a37cd5816cc544f740018c42025cbb46.jpg (183KB, 1250x723px) Image search: [Google]
a37cd5816cc544f740018c42025cbb46.jpg
183KB, 1250x723px
Why are there relatively little fanart?
>>
>>1982184
See
>>1974468
Shirow fans were turned off by it being a yuri comedy.
People who would like a yuri comedy were turned off by it being Shirow and refrences to Ghost In The Shell.
It is suffering from some of the worst advertising and advanced billing in years.
And apparently not many people remember Shirow's original manga from the 80s had lots of comedy and lesbians in them.
Dominion Tank Police, Appleseed and the original GiTS are apparently manga everyone has heard of but no one under thirty in Japan has ever actually read.
>>
>>1974447
>>1974468
I'm trying to get into this, but they are both robotic with robotically anatomic joints. It's kind of hard to follow. WIll still give it a shot still though
>>
>>1982208
When the manga was initially announced, all of the marketing emphasized that this was a collaboration between the creators of Ghost in the Shell and Excel Saga, and it looks exactly like what you'd expect that to turn out to be. I guess the only real audience for this show is people who like *both* Ghost in the Shell and Excel Saga. Which I do.
>>
>>1982277
>only real audience for this show is people who like *both* Ghost in the Shell and Excel Saga.
I haven't read or watched either, but I love Koukaku no Pandora. I guess I should give them a try, eventually.
>>
>>1982332
Maybe that's because we really really like yuri. I haven't watched those either.
>>
http://www.funimation.com/blog/2016/02/11/pandora-in-the-crimson-shell-ghost-urn-english-voice-cast-announcement
Well...
>>
>>1982512
Is it even popular enough to warrant a dub? Absolute madmen.
>>
>>1982577
I think this was one of the shows Funimation was a junior member of the production committee on. GiTS and Excel Saga have strong followings in North America.
>>
>>1982577
Could be that they're hoping just the GitS name will sell t.
>>
>>1982584
Subjective ratings/sales bullshit we don't give a crap about aside, there's generally no risk of one-cour series getting cancelled, as pretty much everything's already scheduled. Japan-wise, that stuff more applies to the more long-running stuff like Shounen Jump, and even then it's more along the lines of "It's gonna be over at the end of this cour" rather than just straight up pulling it.
>>
>>1982584
It would be a first for the 12 episode season format.
Its part of the reason why we mostly only get one cour shows anymore. It guarentees that the season will get finished.
>>
>>1982584
There's essentially always a few one cours shows that do around as badly or worse in every season and they don't get cancelled. There are cases of late night anime with poor preorders having their individual discs releases cancelled, replaced with a box set, but even that's very rare.
>>
>>1982594
Why wouldn't some people want to own DVDs or bluray-discs of shows they like?

And pre-ordering means what it means. Reserving something in advance.

Of course, in Japan, those anime discs are very expensive, and only hardcore fans (aka otaku) are normally willing to buy such discs at the prices that the publishers demand. And even then, it's necessary to also offer some further incentive, like for example a ticket, some store-exclusive posters.
You'll probably have seen those sample pics of for example Clarion kissing Nene. If you buy all the discs from Toranoana, you'll get that poster as a reward. Other stores offer other rewards. Buying the limited edition from Animate (at an even higher premium price) would give you another poster, and you'll get a robo vacuum cleaner shaped like a gertsecomma.
Other shows try to offer stuff like a ticket to some event (like for example talking with the voice actors, the anime director, or the people who played the opening and/or ending songs, perhaps even a live music event), or a special code for a game, or something like that.

For niche shows like this one, the disc preorders are an important step in limiting expenses, because most niche shows are never profitable on their own, and only serve as an advertisement.
>>
>>1982607
It's not profitable enough at all to only sell those posters. Buying five or six volumes each costing around 50 dollars or so however is. Or at the very least, it greatly offsets a large part of the production costs.
That's why they are offered as a reward for those crazy enough to spend up to 300 bucks for niche anime discs (oh yeah, and there's a very high chance that at least the bluray version will fix the majority of QUALITY issues).

There's even some hopes that some otaku are fanatical enough to buy multiple version of the discs at different stores to get the different store exclusive rewards. However, those ultra-otaku are extremely rare.
>>
>>1982607
>I'd buy one but I'm not buying dvds of a show I've already seen
That's wrong mentality. Actual fan wants to support authors and therefore buy it. Posters are there to differentiate the shop.
>>
File: pandora3.jpg (379KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pandora3.jpg
379KB, 1280x720px
Oh my
>>
>>1982611
Not that anon, but I'd prefer to support the author without starving myself to death, thank you very much.
I don't mind buying one set of DVDs/BRs if I really like the show, but buying different sets in different stores just to get posters you like? That's idiotic.
>>
>>1982615
>I'm poor so everyone should act poor
>>
>>1982620
>I can shill out hundreds of dollars on disks so there's no need for a better system which will allow people with less money or with no desire to spend more to support authors in their own way
>>
>>1982623
You can buy merchandise.
>>
>>1982625
They don't sell those particular posters.
>>
>>1982626
>they should think of other ways to give ME what I want
Their value is in that they're exclusive you stupid baka. Go be poor somewhere else.
>>
>>1982629
Well, yes, they should. Me and all other people who want to buy posters but don't want to buy disks.
>>
Buying the anime discs is to support the anime studios (in this case, Studio Gokumi and AXsiZ). The posters are normally drawn by their key artists.

In Pandora's case, if you want to support the author, you buy the manga. And the anime is meant to entice people into actually becoming aware of the manga and then buy it.

Of course, the author would still get some money from anyone buying the anime.
>>
>>1982626
>>1982631
Someone will definitely sell them on yahoo buy there if you want them so much. I was talking in general, for poorfags who would like to support industry.
>>
>>1982631
Sucks to be you then. Either pay for it or don't, but you don't get what you want just cause you're poor.
>>
>>1982632
>Buying the anime discs is to support the anime studios
Nope, anime studios are getting hired to animate. They have a very little share in profits compared to publisher.
>>
>>1982636
I can afford buying discs, but I see no reason to buy stuff I don't need just to get the stuff I want as a bonus.

>but you don't get what you want just cause you're poor
No, I get what I want because I'm able to pay for it and give the seller my money. And I'm willing to pay for posters, but not for disks.
Profit from selling disks > Profit from selling posters > Zero
>>
>>1982642
You're fucking insufferable. I bet you cancelled your pre-order of Yoru no Nai Kuni in favour of figs.

>>1982645
That's what I said?
>>
>>1982653
>2016
>pre-ordering
Are you high?
>>
>>1982653
Figs are fucking delicious though.
>>
>>1982662
By buying figs you support New Vision Toys not GUST.
>>
Is thread full of newfags or something? Buyfagging and supporting shit you like isn't a new concept or anything. Everybody knows BDs are expensive as shit unless this is literally your first anime or something.
>>
>>1982706
I mean personally I think the BDs are ridiculously priced, but I just don't buy or care really so it doesn't effect me. Only time I shell out is when I love the anime which is when you should.
>>
>>1982706
I think the discussion was about how people DO want to support the show, but not by buying expensive physical media that they've already watched. Instead they'd be happy to pay an appropriate price for some cute posters and a Clarion plushie.

It's 2016, physical media is dead. I've personally never even SEEN a blu ray player in real life.
>>
>>1982716
>I've never even seen
So you're either 3rd world or very underaged.
The rewards are a thank you for buying the BDs not the main incentive. And the reward is knowing you got something other people can't get unless they also bought the discs.
It's extras aren't for money, they're a sign of gratitude. Well theoretically that is.
>>
>>1982725
>The rewards are a thank you for buying the BDs not the main incentive.

They are essentially bribing you to buy the disks even though nobody really wants the disks. It's like how they handed out shiny mew pokemon cards for the first movie, even though everyone had already seen it on tv. It's just a way to prop up a failing business model.

>So you're either 3rd world or very underaged.

Or someone who has no need for a blu ray player. I don't have a television either; why would I when the computer does it all for free? Physical media is absolutely dead and has been for quite some time. The last time I actually bought physical media was VHS tapes in the 90s.
>>
>>1982740
You have to be one of the most ignorant and self centered people I've talked to in a long time.
>>
>>1982743
And I strongly suspect that you are financially involved in the physical media business, given how you are shilling it so hard.
>>
>>1982745
I'm explaining why things are the way they are. Your response is just "I want thing! They should gimme because I want it!"
>>
File: Fig.jpg (170KB, 624x416px) Image search: [Google]
Fig.jpg
170KB, 624x416px
>>1982678
Can't say this is the first time I make a joke and am taken seriously in /u/.
>>
>>1982803
>I-I was only pretending to be a retard!
>>
File: 1455307788421.jpg (802KB, 1920x4320px) Image search: [Google]
1455307788421.jpg
802KB, 1920x4320px
Less memes, more pics.
>>
Funimation offices need to be bombed. Their release quality is so shit that I'd rather wait for a week for a scanlation group to translate an episode than watch their releases.
>>
>>1982850
*subbing group
>>
>>1982850
That's good for you I suppose.
>>
Are the softsubs out yet?
>>
File: 1453653246173.jpg (267KB, 899x1263px) Image search: [Google]
1453653246173.jpg
267KB, 899x1263px
Reminder, this is what Clarin and Nene originally looked like.
>>
How does a show like this "sell manga" when it covers all the chapters in the manga? You'd literally just be reading exactly what you've already seen.
>>
>>1982871
That's fucking horrifying
>>
>>1982875
There will be more manga chapters coming out, they're cheaper, and in this case, the manga is better than the anime.
>>
>>1982883
>this case

That's always the case.
>>
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=784887

I like it
>>
>>1982649
Whole episode of this shit. I want the doll to go away.
>>
File: 1455314407489.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1455314407489.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>1982925
Just enjoy the parts of the episode that actually had budget.
>>
File: 1453484808293.jpg (155KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1453484808293.jpg
155KB, 1920x1080px
https://a.pomf.cat/nznznl.webm

https://a.pomf.cat/ywtanw.webm
>>
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=784896

Subs out.
>>
>>1982989
Thank god.
>>
>>1982982
They should have gotten the Watamote actress who dubbed Mikagura, she at least knows how to convey "perverted lesbian" with her voice.
>>
File: holy shit a mami cosplayer.png (684KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
holy shit a mami cosplayer.png
684KB, 853x480px
I don't want Nene to get lost in a robot girls exhibition.
>>
So... has anyone else watched Funimation's English DUBS?

They're actually pretty good.
>>
>>1983119
I don't really like the performance of Nene's actress that much, but Uzal and Clarion were OK. We'll have to see what Buer and Takumi will be like. Not translating the Pandoradio segment in the end credits pisses me off, though.
>>
>>1983124
Well, she does sounds like a dork. I liked Uzal and Vli. Bunny sounds okay so far too.
>>
File: flkj323jifjijs3.jpg (584KB, 740x740px) Image search: [Google]
flkj323jifjijs3.jpg
584KB, 740x740px
>>1983119
>dubs
>ever
>>
File: CbAoZ9SUAAAHHoV.jpg (19KB, 400x374px) Image search: [Google]
CbAoZ9SUAAAHHoV.jpg
19KB, 400x374px
>>
File: 1455303586483.jpg (81KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
1455303586483.jpg
81KB, 1024x512px
>>
>>1983124
There's a possibility that the pandoradio-segments will be dubbed when Funimation releases the BDs in a few months.
>>
>>1983290
They might be waiting until the 24th for the single release of the ED theme so that they can get the piece of music that plays under the Pandoradio skits.
>>
>>1982982
OH GOD KILL THAT WITH FIRE!
>>
>>1982920
Mostly, not always e.g. Sabagebu.
>>
>>1983170
Fucking weaboo
>>
>>1983267
>>1983269
>these shirts will inevitably be found being worn by fat, possibly balding dweebs in an animucon
>>
>>1982925
It's not even the /u/-fag inside me speaking, but it's been a while since a character ruined a show so freaking much. He is not funny, contributes nothing, has an annoying VA doing his lines and he is shoehorned into almost every scene. After ep 1 this show felt like AOTS and now it's the last thing I watch at the end of the week. Such a fucking waste.
>>
>>1983361
>and now it's the last thing I watch at the end of the week

Every other show is hetshite. If you prefer those over this it's obvious that you're not a /u/-fag.
>>
>>1983366
>so I feel like a fish on the end of a bait hook watching it descend into hetshit
Really now.
>>
File: shameless.webm (896KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
shameless.webm
896KB, 1280x720px
>>1983366
You're a retard getting worked up over a stuffed animal. Check your priorities.
>>
>>1983366
You and that other person are blowing the Buer thing out of proportion. It's not as bad as you paint it. I do believe that the comedy from it is weak, but in no way makes the show "unwatchable".
>>
>>1983380
That fucking cat was way worse. Him and what's-his-name.
>>
>>1983377
>Check your pri...
I got worried for a second.
>>
>>1983124
>Naynay
>Uzohl
>Nene sounds like she's been inhaling helium
>okay
Anon, come on. It's BlazBlue tier at best.
>>
>>1983410
The dubs really aren't that bad.

The voice actresses have captured the character's emotions perfectly, even if they sound a bit old.
>>
>>1983414
They sound like they are old people trying to sound young.
And the way they pronounce Nene's name is horrible.
>>
>>1974468
Considering the first episode didn't even make sense I don't find this surprising at all.
>>
>>1983415
>They sound like they are old people trying to sound young.
Yeah, well, that's always going to happen. It's really hard to use child voice actresses. American labor laws require child actors to work no more than 4 hours a day, and require a guardian with them at all time.
>And the way they pronounce Nene's name is horrible.
This is completely right. I'm not even sure why they choice to localize it as "Nay Nay" -- the original one wasn't difficult to say anyways.
>>
>>1983417
I'm not even sure why they decided to localize it at all. It's just a name. It's not a pun, it's not a word play, it's not a reference. It's a name, and names don't need to be changed in any way.
>>
>>1983420
>I'm not even sure why they decided to localize it at all.

isn't that really common in other languages though?

like, if you go to china or japan you'll often get a chinese of japanese name that's easier to pronounce? that happens a lot when people come over here at least.
>>
>>1983421
Depends. I sometimes shorten my name to something that's easier to pronounce when talking to foreigners, but it's for their benefit, not mine.
If people can understand Nene's (and Uzal's, and Clarion's) name in Japanese, I see no reason why it should be changed. If voice actors can't pronounce a name that consists of two syllables right, they're a shit and should be fired.
>>
>>1983416
All of those self-insert urban fantasies or trapped inside a video game shit that everyone likes so much are infinitely more confusing.
>>
>>1983424
And both syllables are the same sound, which can be easily pronounced by English speakers. Ridiculous.

Enunciation is such a huge problem for dub voice actors.
>>
>>
>>1983479
>>
>>1983480
>>
>>1983483
http://imgur.com/x63nqZw
>>
>>1983410
>Blazblue tier
So what you're saying is that it's a good dub.
>>
New thread >>1984201
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.