[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone even remember this series?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 16

File: 53755_original.png (2MB, 850x1200px) Image search: [Google]
53755_original.png
2MB, 850x1200px
Does anyone even remember this series?
>>
It's actually my favourite yuri anime because the non-yuri portion of it was really enjoyable too.

GOAT OST
>>
>>1968757
It's one of those anime that never really gets brought up, but man, if I didn't have a good time watching it.I actually marathoned this a couple weeks ago along with Canaan and Mai Hime. Damn, nostalgiafagging hard.
>>
It's been in my backlog for a long time. I might just watch it now though since I'm barely watching anything this season.
>>
File: shot1303.jpg (92KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
shot1303.jpg
92KB, 854x480px
Why did this genre basically die? Last thing I can think of that was anything like it was Mouretsu Pirates, and that wasn't even anime-original. We really need more adventures.

Anyway, the thing about El Cazador is that it's basically a Mexican uberfic that somehow got published as an anime instead of as a Bold Strokes novel with a dodgy cover. When you realize that, it all starts fitting together perfectly.
>>
>>1968797
>a Mexican uberfic that somehow got published as an anime instead of as a Bold Strokes novel

You lost me at Mexican. Somebody translate this shit into weebwords or something.
>>
I need some anime to watch this weekend. Might as well be this!

What is it called?
>>
>>1968809
Ghost Slide
>>
>>1968820

This brings back memories. How the time flies.
>>
File: END.jpg (34KB, 704x400px) Image search: [Google]
END.jpg
34KB, 704x400px
One of my all time favorites. And one of the very very few cases where I find the tentative /u/ content sufficient for the context. Godlike OST.
>>
I watch it yearly with my little sister!

She still thinks Nadie/Ellis isn't canon just because Nadie looks older than Ellis.
>>
>>1968820
Nah, it's Michiko to Hatchin.
>>
>>1968809
El Cazador de la Bruja

>>1968854
Ellis is like 13-14 but how old is Nadie anyway? 22-25 or something?

Regardless I wholeheartedly approve of this let-oneechan-teach-you-about-the-burning-flames-of-love-setup
>>
O man El Cazador man was this a great anime and the soundtrack was amazing
>>
File: 4.jpg (85KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
85KB, 500x707px
>>
File: 1289663369237.jpg (170KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1289663369237.jpg
170KB, 512x512px
>>
Bee Train's Girls With Guns series have one peculiar trait. All 3 of them spend aat least one episode on "NO HOMO", establishing one or both girls as being attracted to men. Painter guy for Kirika, dead guy for Mireille, old general and young souldier for Madlax, Dawn for Margaret, Heinrich for Ellis and swindler guy for Nadie.
>>
>>1969025
Honestly the No Homo episode is really just a staple of the genre.
>>
>>1969025
>Heinrich for Ellis

Now this is reaching hard.
>>
>>1969025
I've always found Madlax behavior as something of a desperate need for affection rather than attraction. She never says 'not interested' to anyone, be it men or women, even when it's someone she's just met 5 minutes earlier asking her out.
>>
>>1969058
Might be, considering who she ended up with.
>>
I think el cazador is great, and much more enjoyable than the other beetrain series. The way the relationship built up despite not being a main plot point was nice, for what it was. Also, Tacos.
>>1969025
You get 25 episodes of yuri to one episode of minor male characters, some of which happened in the past, or are major stretches. Take your het goggles off and smell the roses. Yuigon ga attara, douzo.
>>
File: 1404418438466.jpg (159KB, 804x600px) Image search: [Google]
1404418438466.jpg
159KB, 804x600px
>>1969120
>roses
You're doing it wrong.
>>
>>1969025
>painter guy
I never got any romantic vibes between those two in Noir. Maybe I'm just too much of a yurifag.
>>
>>1969025
>swindler guy for Nadie

I like to think he's the reason Nadie doesn't swing that way anymore, what with the blatant taking advantage of a naive girl trying to get by in the city and two-timing the fuck out of her.

That episode's also the concrete starting point of Ellis' feelings for Nadie. Dat ending scene in the bus, I cry evrytym

>>1969120
25 episodes of yuri is stretching a bit too far, the yuri content is pretty sparse but that makes all the sweeter. Back in the day I went to El Cazador not expecting yuri and was pleasantly surprised to find some towards the end.
>>
I still sing the dumb tacos song ocassionally.
>>
>>1968863
Isn't Nadie 16? She was 12 in the flashback with Miguel and said a few years passed since then iirc
>>
>>1969511
Just looked over the episode, her age isn't mentioned in the flashback and she looks taller than a 12 year old would be so I doubt that.
>>
File: 1412980084773.jpg (50KB, 329x640px) Image search: [Google]
1412980084773.jpg
50KB, 329x640px
>>
File: 2015-05-12_18-10-19.png (922KB, 1090x610px) Image search: [Google]
2015-05-12_18-10-19.png
922KB, 1090x610px
>>1969025
>painter guy
I've seen even people with strong hetero goggles agree this wasn't romantic, he was very clearly a kind of mentor figure that Kirika had never had before. And he's dead so who cares.
>dead guy for Mireille
If you mean the one she mentions in the cemetery, there was no pronoun used in Japanese. Even if we assume it was a man, in context she has no reason to lie that he was anything other than just a friend. And he's dead so who cares.
>Madlax
Maybe, but it's not like she makes out with either of them. And they're dead so who cares.
>Doon
Completely one-sided on his part, Margaret very clearly friend (nakama)-zones him. Hetero goggles required on extreme settings. And he's dead so who cares. Even in the final episodes when Margaret is anguishing over who has died, he's out of the picture, only appearing in that last door scene.
>Heinrich
What >>1969029 said, I don't think any sane person sees this as anything but a parent-child love.
>swindler
The most obvious of what you listed, but I agree with >>1969234

Whether the above interactions qualify as "no homo" or not, I appreciated how the shows never had the female leads kiss/sleep with random guys just to prove they're not gay. Some of the best anime I've watched.
>>
>>1969029
>>1970192

If it's not obvious to you that Ellis loved Heinrich as more than just a father figure then I don't know what anime you've been watching. Not sure about how Heinrich felt about Ellis but a few of the flashback scenes make it a bit hard to believe his love was all fatherly either, despite Ellis being so young.

Of course you could always argue that Ellis' concept of love is pretty underdeveloped since she was created and raised in a really sheltered environment with Heinrich as her only peer, but I don't think that holds too much water, with the way she looked at him towards the end of the flashbacks.
>>
>>1970360
I've got to admit, this is the first time I've seen someone try to force in an excuse for playing yuri victimisation quite as inanely as this.
>>
File: 022.jpg (241KB, 600x792px) Image search: [Google]
022.jpg
241KB, 600x792px
In my opinion, they make the characters bisexual to show that their love for each other transcends gender or some shit like that.
Makes their love seem stronger.
But of course 'MUH PURITY' is always a concern when you're trying to masturbate to hot yuri action..
Speaking of which, this was my favourite yuri DFC couple until 2011 onwards when I jumped to the HomuMado DFC ship.
>>
>>1970360
You need to really step back a bit. Usagi Drop might have permanently damaged your understanding of father daughter relationships. It happens to me too.
>>
File: Le platonic face.jpg (32KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
Le platonic face.jpg
32KB, 848x480px
>>1970412
>>1970440
Are you seriously telling me you think the "because I love you" Ellis gives Heinrich in episode 14 is entirely platonic? If I'm being inane then you're in some serious denial.
>>
>>1969150
Whatever vibes were there, they were enough to make Mireille sound jealous.
>>
What happened to Bee Train anyway?

I really miss these girls with guns anime.
>>
>>1970770
What exactly would she have said differently if it were?
>>
Well thanks for starting this thread OP. I decided to check out this show, and its pretty good so far. Agree about the awesome OST.

Some of the writing is really corny, but the show just has a great feeling to it, and its full of enough weird elements to bring it together. I don't think it'll be as amazing as Michiko to Hatchin, but I'm certainly not regretting the decision to watch it.
>>
>>1970795
They died, bro. It's what happens when you ain't selling BDs and merchandise to the late night crowd.
>>
>>1970802
It's not what she said, it's how she said it. Go watch the scene for fuck's sake.
>>
File: Mi.esposa.es.bruja_076.jpg (383KB, 1200x1703px) Image search: [Google]
Mi.esposa.es.bruja_076.jpg
383KB, 1200x1703px
What a great doujin this was.
>>
File: 037810d24a2eb8a0bd440ad7aeea330e.jpg (439KB, 1000x713px) Image search: [Google]
037810d24a2eb8a0bd440ad7aeea330e.jpg
439KB, 1000x713px
>>1970192
I loved those two. It was the best thing that could've been for Madlax. I even have that same screenshot in my folder.
>>
>>1971041
You have got to be kidding me.

Seriously, recalibrate your idea of parental relationships. The presence of tenderness and emotion doesn't magically make it romantic, especially when the inflection of a single line is your one most important argument.

You're looking for an excuse to have yuri be the victim.
>>
>>1971075
Yuri be the victim of fucking what? Why do you have the notion that I'm driving some sort of agenda? What I see is a confession of romantic love and there's nothing more to it. There is nothing parental about that scene and if you think there is then it's your idea of parenting that's assbackwards.
>>
>>1971075
You seem really obsessed with "yuri" and "victim", anon. Most of the fandom see that relationship as non-parental.
>>
>>1970038
Despite how cute this picture is, there's something that's always bothered me.

Ellis was the more active one in pursuing a romantic relationship with Nadie, so the roles should really be reversed.
>>
>>1970795
Nothing much. Last Girls with Guns series was in 2007. Last series they animated is labelled as 2012.
https://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=creator&creatorid=749
>>
Some people think the yuri subtext in these series is too subtle, but het subtext, if any, is even more subtle to the point of insignificance and gets drowned out without fail. The only explicit bi was Limelda who had a pretty messed up relationship with Doon anyway, then dumps him for Madlax.

>>1971063
I like them too, but also Vanessa/Elenore. When I watched it a second time I realized how much flirting between them I missed. Then Vanessa has an affair with Madlax and Elenore is okay with it. I was shocked by the ending but came to accept it. I think they were trying to avoid making the love triangle resolution too similar to Noir's.
Also, everyone should watch the ADV DVD dub extras where all doubt surrounding Vanessa's sexuality is thrown out the window:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd68Gpnn2Ac&feature=youtu.be&t=569
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUF95o0b9b8&feature=youtu.be&t=116
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAprZysADjM&feature=youtu.be&t=102
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTkww0dXWOo&feature=youtu.be&t=336
>>
File: madlax4.jpg (242KB, 853x1912px) Image search: [Google]
madlax4.jpg
242KB, 853x1912px
>>1971217
Forgot one: https://youtu.be/x212K2L1FbQ?t=96
>>
>>1976433
Don't just bump a thread for no reason.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.