[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Harmony by Project Itoh

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 15

Can anyone confirm the yuri? There are some minor hints in the trailer. Other than that I don't even know what this is about. I just know art and animation look good, and there's hotties.

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WRnZqehobc

Source:
http://www.cinemacafe.net/article/img/2015/11/04/35408/185305.html
>>
File: 185303.jpg (61KB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
185303.jpg
61KB, 640x359px
>>1907490
Forgot to add that this is an upcoming movie (you can see from the poster). Here's another screenshot.
>>
>anime with potential yuri and the characters don't look like kids
My prayers have been heard.
Thanks for the info, OP.
>>
File: 2.jpg (196KB, 960x1351px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
196KB, 960x1351px
>>1907490
There's subtext in the book but the movie and manga seem to have gayed up everything.
Does anyone want the raws of the manga?
>>
>>1907529

Um, yes plz.
>>
>>1907490

This seems to be one of those super glamorous and poetic stories that end in a tragic but vaguely symbolic and thoughtful way that are good for a one time watch but nothing more
>>
>>1907563
You couldn't be any more wrong.
>>
>>1907490
IMHO, I consider the book yuri, but the movie will be a lot more gay than source material, as said.

Fun fact, the script writer for the show was also the producer for Aoi Hana and Black rock shooter.
>>
>>1907565
Another anon. but didn't the author write that book while he was dying of cancer and edited in hospital in the final stages of his illness. So please elaborate.
>>
>>1907582
It's not glamorous or poetic in any way. The book is written in a cold way, no stupid sentimentality because the narrator doesn't give a shit about anything or drama shit, except maybe for Miach backstory. The story is pretty straightforward and pessimistic, mostly because of this
> he was dying of cancer and edited in hospital in the final stages of his illness
The ending is not tragic either, but the logical conclusion of what happens throughout the book.
It's a nice book, and Itoh succeeded to create a rather frightening utopia.
>>
>>1907596
So....I guess we're getting the usual /u/ ending just with an extra cold note or what?
>>
>>1907597
Well, the book ends with everyone forgetting who they are and living like robots until they die, without conscience, so yes. The movie will probably end in the same way, with extra yuri so things will be even more bitter as it seems.
>>
>>1907605
Or they are making up another ending. Wouldn't be the first time someone did that with a novel adaptation. The Fog did it for example
>>
File: Ch01_p04-05.png (3MB, 2118x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Ch01_p04-05.png
3MB, 2118x1500px
Harmony manga raws. Chapters 01/05/06 were ripped by me, 03 found on baidu. I didn't have the time to rip chapter 04, and the one on baidu isn't complete.
If anyone have chapters 02 and 04, feel free to share.

Baidu link:
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4009410328

Ch01:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zf631gu1tc5opb6/Harmony_Ch.01.zip

Ch03:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/lnmrih4wftc3oe8/Harmony_Ch.03.zip

Ch05:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/mdqf60aik1hbhag/Harmony_Ch.05.zip

Ch06:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/qool3878bfd1q6s/Harmony_Ch.06.zip
>>
But will the gayest character be surrounded by sandmen?
>>
>>1907612
Wrong thread, buddy. There's no sandniggers here.
>>
>>1907596
Not you again. You need to leave off with the book stuff and stop gate-keeping things, because the movie might be different, from both a viewpoint and adaptation. Viewing one interpretation is going be different from another, preconceived or not.

Which is why people who have, for example, read a source of something, often have complains a mile long on a show's adaptation (picking at this and that), and people who did not, are happy with they see, and can't for the life of them, tell what those other folks are complaining about. And even if they are displeased, it's not going to be for the same reasons as the "source" folks.

Unless, someone is seriously interested in the novels (and not just about the yuri), this type of show is best watched with a clean slate, where your own interpretations are formed, and not have ideas stuffed down your mind (This is aside from simply wanting to know if there's yuri, which has been answered adequately) .
>>
>>1907605
dropped
>>
File: 1336172217869.jpg (126KB, 500x455px) Image search: [Google]
1336172217869.jpg
126KB, 500x455px
>>1907652
What are you on about? An anon asked about the book, I responded to him while talking about the book. The movie is not out yet, why should I talk about something I didn't see? And I don't see any problem if the movie differs from the book.
>>
>>1907611
Thanks
>>
>>1907652
>you again
>no trip, on anonymous imageboard

Chill the fuck out, nee-san.
>>
>>1907529
do want
>>
>>1907567
Holy shit, rest in peace.
>>
>>1907611
I wonder who's going to scanlate those
>>
>>1907567
Oh god the, Aoi Hana AND BRS? Its going to be HELLA gay then. Which will be good.
>>
>>1907605
That ending sounds like it could be the direct prequel to that "Equlibrium" movie (with Christian Bale, so entirely unrelated to yuri) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0238380
>>
>>1908294
Yeah I was thinking that too.

But it's obviously a story written by guy that was dying while constantly on meds that only delayed the inevitable.
>>
>>1907597
>So....I guess we're getting the usual /u/ ending just with an extra cold note or what?
No, one of the girls dies. The other make sure the world gets fucked. It's an all around bad end.
>>
>>1907596
>The ending is not tragic either, but the logical conclusion of what happens throughout the book.
It's actually both the logical conclusion of what happens throughout the book and tragic as hell.
>>
>>1908357
Geez, talk about Creator Breakdown. Sounds like Tomino and the height of his depression.
Let's hope the people making the movie decide that the ending's worth shit and make up another one.
>>
>>1908375
I don't think there's even a little chance they'll change the story. For once, the author is a pretty big name in Japan, and don't forget this was his last novel, which he wrote when he was dying in the hospital. You could say it's his legacy, so there's no way the anime staff is going to change it.

Besides, unlike Tomino, the bad end here makes perfect sense.
>>
>>1908378
It's not his last novel. The last one he wrote was The Empire of Corpses, which was then finished by Toh Enjoe who co-authored the book with him.
>>
>>1908386
You said it yourself, Empire of Corpses wasn't finished by him. This one is his actual last novel.
>>
>>1908389
The last he worked on though, so it still counts as his last novel.
>>
>>1908427
It was the last he worked on, but it was a collaboration and he didn't even finished it. Harmony was fully authored by him and finished by him. It's his actual last novel.
>>
>>1908357
Doesn't /u/ love suffering tho? sad end doesn't bug me too much, gonna watch the shit outta this, it looks awesome.
>>
>>1908432
Still doesn't see how they couldn't change a plot a bit. They are already making it gayer anyway. It's not like the works of dead authors haven't been adapted differently for decades now.
>>
>>1908477
After a while it starts to get old though. And now we do have some /u/ content where the protags don't look like kids (which is rare in itself already) and then they gotta pull out the old hat.
>>
>>1908484
True, that makes sense. for me, if the ending fits the story, it's ok. If like, Valkyrie drive had an inexplicably depressing end id be pissed. this more seems like a sad story that has /u/ rather than a sad story for the sake of protagonists and readers suffering, given what people have said about the author.
>>
>>1908481
Changing the ending is not changing the plot a bit. It's changing the core of it. But this is his last message before dying. They're not going to change it.

Making things gayer helps the plot as it is, so that's not a problem.
>>
>>1908511
If you ask me soeone who is terminally ill shouldn't write shit, because it always influences what they are going to write in one way or another. Jeez a world where everyone seems to swallow pills all the time, I wonder what that could have been influenced by!
>>
>>1908519
>I don't understand how writing works.
>>
>>1908519
They don't have to listen to you, dear anon. Writing in any condition you are in is always reasonable. Reading the work of others and complaining about those factors is... well, I guess reasonable in its own terms, we are all expressing our thoughts, it's just that yours happen to make me feel better about myself for not seeing the world in those lenses.
>>
>>1908519

What the fuck are you talking about? Everything ever influences the way people write. If anything more people with terminal illness should write so that we can better understand. I'm buying this book because the premise is extremely interesting and the idea of a dying man writing a dystopian story with his last efforts sounds like some of the most authentic sci fi you can get.
>>
I generally don't buy Japanese novels since they tend to be short as fuck. How big is this one?
>>
>>1908573
300~ pages.
>>
>>1908588
Hmm. That works.
>>
File: yh_harmony.jpg (742KB, 2116x1596px) Image search: [Google]
yh_harmony.jpg
742KB, 2116x1596px
Back in 2010 there were actually plans for a manga adaptation of Harmony to run in Yuri Hime, but it never appeared. They even ran this two-page ad (with no artist name attached, mind you).

Might be for the best though, Minato Fumi is probably a stronger artist than whoever YH would have found.
>>
>>1908596
I'm curious, how could that work when the number of pages is more or less the same than typical japanese novel?
>>
>>1907490
No one is going to know if the movie has any Yuri till the movie has aired, and someone has seen it.

People can talk all they want about the novel, but if the movie goes their own way and does come out with a decent amount of Yuri (as the trailers indicate), what's anyone going to do about it?
>>
>>1909416
Having a little more yuri wouldn't change anything though.
>>
>>1909416
ok
>>
>>1909416
Maybe OP just posted this ahead of time. It's out in a week anyway.
>>
>>1909392
Damn, that would have been groundbreaking
>>
>>1909418
Yeah. Ending is still shit.
>>
>>1909440
Eh, only if it had been done well.
>>
File: Ch07_p01.png (1MB, 1120x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Ch07_p01.png
1MB, 1120x1600px
>>1907611
Chapter 07:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/hvg50evhdtrooen/Harmony_Ch.07.zip
>>
>>1912047
Bless you, anon
>>
Good news! I've heard over at another forum, that from people who have seen the movie, are saying it's quite yuri. Now, I wish I have a chance to see it sooner than later!
>>
>>1914358
It's so hard to look for impressions of the movie

Hopefully someone did a review of it
>>
>>1914358
Eh, ending will still be horse shit.
>>
>>1914465
Don't watch it then.
>>
>>1914358
What is this "other forum"? Japanese only?
>>
>>1914358
It seems. People were saying on 2chan that Miach movie version was the perfect lesbian. They were praising her voice actress too.
The movie will be screened in Paris the 4th december, and I couldn't be able to see it. Fuck.
>>
>>1914678
I'm ambivalent about what the Nips consider a perfect lesbian.
>>
>>1914678
>Miach movie version was the perfect lesbian.
What the hell? Unless they drastically changed things then Tuan gets way more lesbian points than Miach. Then again, I guess I agree with this >>1914683
>>
>>1914683
>>1914685
They meant it that it was Miach who seduced Tuan and that she was completely lesbian in the movie. Oh, and the 3DCG sucks. As expected of 4°C.
>>
>>1914691
Oh, well that's different.
I wasn't really expecting anything pretty, after watching the trailer. I'm just in it for Sawashiro as Tuan.
>>
>>1914693
They should have picked another studio. 4°C is shit. I only hope the movie won't be Berserk's 3DCG levels of bad.
>>
>>1914685
>lesbian points
>competitive lesbianing
>>
>>1914683
>I'm ambivalent about what the Nips consider a perfect lesbian.

God, this. It's a rather dubious statement.
>>
>>1914698
>They should have picked another studio.
Yeah, 4°C seems to go for "visually interesting but ugly" nine times out of ten, which is not at all what I would have chosen for a story like Harmony.

>>1914700
>not believing in competitive lesbianing
It's a girl-eat-girl world out there, step it up.
>>
>>1914707
I-I would like to believe it's about participation, not about winning. ;_;
>>
>>1914382
The first 10 minutes of the movie was streamed for free. As another anon mentioned, the CG was a bit off, but if you ain't fussy, everything else is more or less pretty neat. There were also interviews with the cast as well.

This was translated by someone else, but when Tuan's VA was asked which scenes are the ones which left a "deeper" impression on her, amongst others, she mentioned the ones with Miach in the flashbacks, where in the movie, they mostly revolve around her (Tuan) and Miach. But actually, their 3rd pal, Cian is very much supposed to be a part of it, but because Tuan focuses so much on Miach when she thinks of her, that she literally deleted their poor lightbulb friend quite often from the picture.

That interview bit was meant to be funnier than it sounds. Note: All of these is just solely about the movie. Things in the novel might be different.
>>
>>1914853
>The first 10 minutes of the movie was streamed for free.

Really, where?
>>
>>1914918
Here. But you need an account to view it.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm27589896
>>
File: Miach's hands.jpg (72KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Miach's hands.jpg
72KB, 1024x768px
Cut scene from the movie. Perhaps it will be incorporated in the BR. Yeah, right. ;_;
>>
>>1914853
>Things in the novel might be different.
It's pretty much the same. Tuan loves Miach, which makes the ending all the more tragic.

I still like it a lot. Can't wait to see the movie.
>>
>>1915090

Wait, there was supposed to be a make out scene?!
>>
>>1915215
The movie still has a make-out scene at least, as it's in the trailer. But we could use more.
>>
>>1915256
C'mon director's cut!
>>
File: Ch02_p10.png (2MB, 1132x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Ch02_p10.png
2MB, 1132x1600px
Chapter 02:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2xp40stmw0snwzg/Harmony_Ch.02.zip

Chapter 03 HQ:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/28dpd6f2940661y/Harmony_Ch.03.zip

Chapter 04:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2ztxyt7nvw59wey/Harmony_Ch.04.zip
>>
So how well did this movie do in the box office?
>>
File: 23.png (43KB, 913x657px) Image search: [Google]
23.png
43KB, 913x657px
>>1917008
Apparently using Google is too daunting a task anon?
>>
I came across a little bit of reviews. Some liked the show, some liked it not. A few were saying, certain scene events weren't adapted rightly in the movie, but the world design was overall attractive. I guess there is so much you can cram in 2 hours. The plot does follow the book to the end though.

And producer-san sure liked his yuri! As noted above, the movie pretty much pimped out a Tuan x Miach yuri-verse. However, they also managed to stuff in a little more yuri during the ending sequence, where Tuan said this line, which was not in the novel.

「私の好きだったミァハのままでいて欲しかった。愛してる」 (I've never read the novel, and according to the review, this isn't a happy scene per se.)

Important point - 愛してる = "Aishiteru"
>>
>>1917352
Yeah, they basically tossed poor Cian aside and made the movie a love story about Tuan and Miach. Hope the manga version will do the same. With the making-out scene they didn't put in the movie.
>>
>>1917046
Cut the snark

I'm Harmony's box office numbers with Empire of Corpses, and it seems the former did better
>>
>>1917362
Have you seen the movie?
>>
>>1917370
*comparing
>>
>>1917456
No, just read reviews from futaba and japanese blogs.
>>
>>1917370
It sounds like good news, that Harmony is doing better.
>>
>>1917362
That's okay. Cian was shit anyway. I never liked her character in the book.
>>
>>1917352
>I've never read the novel, and according to the review, this isn't a happy scene per se.
Yeah, if they didn't change it, it's not a happy ending at all.
>>
>>1917370
Get used to the snark anon. This is 4chan, which is full of assholes.
>>
>>1917550
I just hope that it doesn't just reinforce the trend in fiction that lesbian relationships need to end in tragedy.
>>
>>1917874
People in france?
>>
>>1916973
thanks anon
>>
>>1917960
Oui ?
>>
>>1917960
>>1918079
Moi
>>
>>1917649
Oh yes. Indeed, they didn't change the ending. It's the same (Not a Happy End). However, they were really big on consistently following the Yuri storyline right up to the end. Tuan not only said the "I love you" line, where she used "Aishiteru", not even "Suki" or "Daisuki". But she was hugging and holding Miach in her arms when she said that, all of which was sure as heck not in the book from what I heard (might be wrong).

>>1917874
Ironically, if the show wasn't meant to end the way it did, this would be what yuri fans were asking for, eh? A show that isn't about school or the typical settings (I'm actually okay with it, but just giving an example of the wishes of others), but a Sci-Fi/Futuristic universe, with a good/decent plot, and the leads just lesbian.

Baby steps, I guess. We might get an ideal one in the future.
>>
>>1918087
>But she was hugging and holding Miach in her arms when she said that, all of which was sure as heck not in the book from what I heard (might be wrong).

Yeah. Though I do remember that Tuan had Miach in her arms BUT, she never said any line while she held Miach, it also meant that she never said "I love you" to Miach in the book.

They really followed the yuri up to the end in this movie, wooh.
>>
>>1918106
Tuan held Miach in her arms once she was dead. Would be nice if she confession happened when she's still alive, and not a corpse.
>>
>>1918121
She was alive when Tuan confessed and held her in the movie, but the bad events did follow after.
>>
>>1918126
;_;
Now the long wait for the BR begins.
>>
Wait, there's no kissing?
>>
>>1918087
>Baby steps, I guess. We might get an ideal one in the future.
Yeah, when I'm old and gray and can't be bothered with Yuri anymore because I'm past that age to think romance is anything but a novelty.
>>
>>1918079
>>1918080
POUR /U/
>>
>>1918173
I believe there was kissing in the trailer, no?
>>
>>1918733
I don't think so.
>>
>>1918197
People killed in Paris, more Than 150 Killed in Coordinated Attacks in Paris = tragedy = Not a Happy End =

Third World War <<<<<<
>>
>>1918825
>there are people who actually believe that the Paris thing will escalate to World War III

I knew that 4chan was filled with ignorance, but I didn't know that it was that bad.
>>
>>1918875
Seriously, people are probably getting killed more than that everyday in other countries and yet some people really think the Paris attack going to cause World World III.
>>
>>1918875
>>1919024
>responding to /pol/
>>
>>1907490
Looks interesting.
>>
Any French anons there who have seen the movie?
>>
>>1930998
I wasn't in Paris last week-end so no. There's not even a single french review.
>>
File: Ch08_p01.png (2MB, 1123x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Ch08_p01.png
2MB, 1123x1600px
Chapter 08:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2kkkavzsea7ovah/Harmony_Ch.08.zip
>>
Great now if I could just get it translated....
>>
>>1933742
>girl & dog

This is either going to get crazy sexual or crazy sad. Japan seems to go only in these two directions.
>>
>>1935170
>crazy sexual or crazy sad
I think the chapter's last page answers that.
>>
>>1935170
>get crazy sexual or crazy sad

I'm actually wondering about the former, if we consider that certain storyboard cut scene...

Only the next updates can tell, but this chapter's answered where it's currently headed to.
>>
French review for the movie:
http://www.animeland.com/chroniqueanimation/project-itoh-harmony/

In short, the story telling is really dense (129 minutes) but everything is clear and coherent. The direction is fantastic, and way better than the Empire of Corpses.
And the movie won't be out before may or june in France. In BD I hope.
>>
>>1940107
That's good to hear

I'm pretty hyped now
>>
>>1940107
Sounds good. I'll probably go see it next week.
>>
The Japanese BDs now have a release date. They will be out around March 9 2016. Once it's ripped, sub groups should pick it up.
>>
>>1944994
Thanks anon
>>
File: harmony-paperback.jpg (30KB, 300x458px) Image search: [Google]
harmony-paperback.jpg
30KB, 300x458px
>>
File: Harmony Japanese cover.jpg (382KB, 1000x1578px) Image search: [Google]
Harmony Japanese cover.jpg
382KB, 1000x1578px
>>1952319
>>
File: 20160104_190948-1.jpg (561KB, 2614x1913px) Image search: [Google]
20160104_190948-1.jpg
561KB, 2614x1913px
If some anons were still wondering if it was yuri.
>>
>>1952322
Oh my! Maybe we get to see that in the big screen?
>>
File: 20160104_192835-1.jpg (732KB, 2677x1868px) Image search: [Google]
20160104_192835-1.jpg
732KB, 2677x1868px
>>1952327
It's a key animation so yes. Here's another one.
>>
>>1952322
>>1952332
Sweet! From what I heard, the show's plot follows the book right till the end, but the movie made Tuan and Miach lovers instead of just friends.
>>
>>1952370
>movie made Tuan and Miach lovers
Pretty much this. Now to wait for the BD version to see if they had the make-out scene. And the manga, to see if it follows the book or the movie for Tuan and Miach relationship.
>>
So when was the bd coming out again? My body cannot wait
>>
>>1952378
Come on anon, it's not that hard to scroll up a few messages.
>>
>>1952379
I completely scrolled past that comment. My bad.
March is close
>>
No more chapters on the internet for Harmony. The manga is now published in the Newtype, starting from chapter 09. So, unless a chink or a good soul who buys the Newtype scans it, there won't be raws anymore. And no date for a tank version either.
>>
>>1957300
Why do jews always ruin nice things?
>>
>>1957750
Correction: no chapter this month for the internet version, but chapter 07 was revised and is republished. Chapter 09 will probably be put on the site next month.

https://twitter.com/antch/status/686838194940166144
>>
>>1907490
>>1907567
>>1908357
BrS with sad end. This is a great series for the masochist I guess.
>>
>>1957985
Well, some of us know that. But we are mostly excited about this part here >>1952376.
>>
I'm getting the BD.
>>
is there anywhere where i could read the manga up the ones available till now ?
>>
>>1958621
I think they are all in this thread. Use Ctrl-F, and search "Http".
Thread posts: 144
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.