[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tpg/ - Twin Peaks General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 372
Thread images: 65

File: Twin Peaks everything is fine.webm (556KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Twin Peaks everything is fine.webm
556KB, 1280x720px
friendly reminder that doppelcoop did nothing wrong and Cooper was the real fuck-up the entire time Edition

http://www.strawpoll.me/13870391

https://pastebin.com/mcKYsFib

Meanwhile: >>87416124
>>
File: Screenshot_20170906-153033.jpg (525KB, 1080x1411px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170906-153033.jpg
525KB, 1080x1411px
>>87419589
Reminder
>>
File: 1504744992394.jpg (54KB, 604x656px) Image search: [Google]
1504744992394.jpg
54KB, 604x656px
>>87419589
second for hard truth
>>
File: rodney-grandkids.jpg (204KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rodney-grandkids.jpg
204KB, 1920x1080px
Andy forgot his gut!!
>>
Why do so many people feel like Lynch owes them shit? He doesn't owe you anything, and it was clear from the beginning of the return this was Lynch's project (with some Frost too). We all knew we were getting what HE wanted not what WE wanted necessarily.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-09-07-02h27m49s061.png (2MB, 1920x818px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-09-07-02h27m49s061.png
2MB, 1920x818px
that guy was frosted, right?
>>
>>87419289

Reminder of this dummy from the last thread
>>
>>87419646
>w-what?!
>>
File: 1504503139142.png (2MB, 1277x719px) Image search: [Google]
1504503139142.png
2MB, 1277x719px
So I haven't really seen anyone talking about this here since the finale, but do you guys think that Carrie Page was the same kind of character that Lynch intended for Sheryl Lee to play in the hypothetical Season 3 in 1992?

The only two plot points of the character I've heard Sheryl talk about is that she would be a redhead and probably get killed by BOB again, two things that obviously didn't come to fruition here. But would she have been some alternate dream reality Laura like Carrie Page was? It's interesting to think about.
>>
The good /tpg/ is in the lodge and he can't leave. Write it in your diary.
>>
File: final.jpg (353KB, 711x800px) Image search: [Google]
final.jpg
353KB, 711x800px
>>87419646
>>
>>87419589
What do the white eyes represent? My guess would be BOB but Laura had them too.
>>
Dick Tremayne returns in Part 19.
>>
File: IamEddieVedder.jpg (787KB, 1000x1124px) Image search: [Google]
IamEddieVedder.jpg
787KB, 1000x1124px
Friendly reminder that it's been confirmed that Eddie Vedder recorded a song that plays during the Twin Peaks Finale. It confirms Agent Cooper never gets his mind back. (Pic related is Evil Cooper)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6YaWWnJXBY
>>
>>87419653
reposting from last thread:
That's implying Leland is still with BOB in that timeline/alt-verse/whatever. Also, if he is, why would Leland take Ronette if Laura isn't there? He didn't give a shit about her and he initially took a risk anyway since Leo and Renault were there (though drunk/bashed in the head), but that was him being ready to finally deal with Laura. And if Laura never became a whore, why would Leland go there to the cabin in the first place.
>>
Has David Lynch talked about the finale yet? He seems to be hidden somewhere.
>>
File: Image 4.png (238KB, 1813x490px) Image search: [Google]
Image 4.png
238KB, 1813x490px
10th for nihilistic anti-show
>>
>>87419660
Nope, he doesn't owe anything. What he delivered was still shit. It's time to accept that.
>>
>>87419653

This is a blatant troll but the only reason Leland followed them to the cabin was because Laura was there.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170906-153033.jpg (638KB, 1080x1411px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170906-153033.jpg
638KB, 1080x1411px
>>87419646
>>87419646
Reminder
>>
>>87419653
It's true, Lynch is such a hack who has lost his artistry. He doesn't even think about basic shit anymore everything is so abstract.
>>
>>87419705
wow great post.
>>
>>87419589
Friendly reminder
>if Laura woke up that day in 1989 and Leland wasn't infested by BOB she wouldn't be a whore
>by that logic she wouldn't be on coke either
>Tfw Laura would probably just have a nice, pleasant life in the comfy town of Twin Peaks with her best friends and enjoying highschool as the Homecoming Queen, loved by the town for her kindness and work with Johnny and Meals on Wheels
>>
File: you are a valuable human.jpg (137KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
you are a valuable human.jpg
137KB, 500x374px
Just saw the ending today, as this is my first day off.
I'm not sure what to make of it, but I'm very glad that it's left me with something to think about, which is more than I can say for most pieces of media today.
I still want the final dossier, though
>>
>that feel when you know that in the end Coop will always suffer
He was so happy to see everybody again too
>>
>>87419679
all doppelgangers had white eyes in the Lodge. It's just to show they're not real, make them pop out.
>>
Original series: Great, original ideas and magnificent implementation.
The Return: Shit, unoriginal ideas and shit implementation.
>>
>>87419675
Maybe. I get the feeling a lot of this was planned with the hypothetical FWWM sequels as well, so it might have been some plot points reused from those.
>>
>>87419761
Why didn't Dougie have them then?
>>
>>87419678

English please
>>
>>87419747
It's a metaphor for life, there are no true happy endings.
>>
No season 4 because David Lynch had disappeared up his own ass
>>
>>87419705
Why didn't Leland just wait until Laura was home? Clearly he abused her there for years on end. Seems way easier than waiting for your daughter to go to some sex party in the middle of the woods.
>>
>>87419705
>And if Laura never became a whore
why is that? She is still a whore, and Bobland come search for her, and snatched and killed Ronette anyway, because he planned too
>>
>>87419747
Someone please explain what the point of this is
>>
Alright niggers, I want to let you know I've basically solved S3.

Cooper became a dreamer. That is, a magician, capable of seeing a way to a new world. Fire walk with me. In the current world, Judy was winning, Laura was already murdered. So Cooper went to save Laura the night of her death, to create a new world where she lived and could fight Judy.

Judy always knew this was possible. That's why "Sarah" freaked out so much at the turkey jerky: she was worried that someone had changed reality on her. As long as she knew what the timeline was, she was winning. As Coop says, "The past dictates the future." So for Coop to take down Judy, he'd have to change the past. "I hope I see all of you again."

But Cooper is not the only Dreamer. When he went back to save Laura from being killed by BOB, someone else snatched her away too (likely Judy, or an agent of Judy). What we see is not actually Laura being snatched away, but Cooper living through the world-shift. So Cooper indeed entered a world of his dreaming, that of Laura not being killed by BOB, but not only of his dreaming.
>>
>>87419747
At least DougieCoop got out okay.
Kind of, maybe. Assuming the dream interpretations are bullshit
>>
>>87419823
Quentin, pls
>>
>>87419718
thing is, Lynch really doesn't do that many interviews. and when he does, he never explains his work. he talks about how things came to him and shit, but not what this and that means. so even if he talked about the Return, those hoping for one big answer will not get it.
>>
remember:
>no set design, feels empty and lifeless
>no interesting ideas for storylines and generally bad writing
>relies on gimmicks only instead
>those are unoriginal or just bad, unfortunately ("fuck you, albert", glove, andy and lucy, coordinates, riddles, ...)
>bad acting (Bell, Lynch, Horse, Robertson, Dern, ...)
>dull characters (one-dimensional at best)
>storylines and characters are introduced for no purpose
>everything is supposed to weirdly connect and make sense
>shot in digital in a way that doesn't compensate for the technology's disadvantages (looks bad)
>roadhouse scenes (out of place, badly shot, the songs, the bands, the extras, ...)
>student-tier storytelling/editing (characters are shown walking up complete sets of stairs)
>stretched out needlessly, long takes have no particular effect
>everything above is literally cringe-tier in concept and implementation
>obviously delusional and/or inexperienced fanbase perceiving it as particularly meaningful, complex or "deep"
>can't compare to the original series that doesn't have those problems (coherent/complex and beautiful sets, costumes and make-up/well shot/well acted/well written/magnificent multi-dimensional characters and character relations, music, storylines and gimmicks/creates a unique athmosphere as a result, changing the world of television forever whereas "the return" neither manages to do something established really good nor to invent something new)
>somehow the best thing in tv history
>>
The truth is Lynch is close to death now and he is thinking a lot about the afterlife and the true nature of reality. What is in store for us after this? I think this was Lynch trying to redpill us on the nature of reality. That it's all a dream kind of like eastern religions believe with the collective consciousness. THAT'S what it is, I get it now.
>>
>>87419845
Typical woman reaction when no one is paying attention to her
>>
It's agreed tha tthese are the best new characters in the Return right?
>>
File: twin.peaks.s03e17.jpg (625KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
twin.peaks.s03e17.jpg
625KB, 1920x1080px
>>87419891

Yes
>>
>>87419874
Yes, I get that and I don't expect nor desire explanation. Just want him to say something.
>>
>>87419882
Bravo for him, what a shame he chose Twin Peaks as the vehicle for that
>>
>>87419719
well nihilistic anti-show is a nice term honestly, the show basically had 16 hours of red herrings just to drop anything with a conclusion that is just a practical joke on the audience, and then it proceeds to travel through time to remove the premise of the show itself and travel to a different world altogether
You don't get more anti-narrative than this, and I'd say it is quite nihilistic since the reality of the show, be it a dream or something else, is shown as a simplistic and lower form of existance which can easily be manipulated by higher beings, humanity is pretty much worthless
>>
>>87419891
Yes.

Mitchum spin off when?
>>
>>87419784
Dougie was a Tulpa, not a doppeganger. I guess since they're artificial, they're not really evil (as the doppelgangers all seem to be) so no white eyes.
>>
>>87419891
Without the slightest doubt.
>>
>>87419726
This.
>>
File: dale-really.jpg (57KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
dale-really.jpg
57KB, 500x500px
>>87419653
Are you sure about that image making sense?
>>
>>87419847
Parts 1, 2, 17, and 18 are the only ones that matter and the rest is filler.
>>
>>87419726
Reddit seems to think he owes them shit.
>>
So, what was up with the talky roadhouse scenes? Is the consensus that they were people Audrey was hearing in her coma?
>>
>>87419718
He never says anything about his films in terms of meaning, and he hardly ever does interviews anyway.
>>
>>87419891
Does anyone not think this?
>>
>You would have done the same shit coop did don't lie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgwtjVJmHtI
>>
>>87419967
The rest show us the consequences of timeline fuckery. Events happening out of order, or seemingly not happening at all.
>>
File: Dugge dresses by himself.jpg (117KB, 864x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Dugge dresses by himself.jpg
117KB, 864x1080px
>>87419956
definitely
>>
>>87419847
makes perfect sense to me, yeah
>>
"The Return was a mistake." - David Lynch
>>
>>87419653
Holy shit. "American Girl" from episode three in the purple zone (nonexistence) might actually be Ronette Polaski. Since she died instead of Laura this might be where her soul ended up.
>>
>>87419683
Eh, I feel like picking owls as the mysterious, possibly evil animal figure is a little too on-the-nose.
Also, blatantly spelling out that "the owls are not what they seem" is a very obvious attempt at building mystery.
The whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth
>>
File: giv.png (63KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
giv.png
63KB, 657x527px
>>87419675
giv milf pusy
>>
>>87419655
Toppest kek
>>
>>87419645

Frost: the townies and character development, theosophy elements (the Lodges, dugpas, Dweller on the Threshold), owls, Americana and UFO/government conspiracies, Windom Earle

Lynch: Laura Palmer as the center of everything, all the spirits and worlds, electricity, corn, dreaming, Buddhism/reincarnation

And Cooper is where they meet in the middle.

It's notable that all the Black and White Lodge stuff was developed when Lynch wasn't around. It's only mentioned twice in stuff Lynch directed or wrote, and then it's just "the lodge" or "what they call the Black Lodge"
>>
>>87419882
Yeah, I was thinking of killing myself after the show ended so it really felt like Lynch was directly telling me something about life and death with this whole thing. It may not mean a lot for a lot of people here but the ending really struck me on an emotional level.
>>
>>87419993
I don't care what anyone says this was the best ending to Twin Peaks. FWWM > Season 2 finale > Season 2 first 7 episodes > Season 1 > Season 3 >>>>>>>>>>>> Season 2 remaining episodes
>>
File: Owl Cave.png (41KB, 341x339px) Image search: [Google]
Owl Cave.png
41KB, 341x339px
>Original series: the giant and dwarf are put on the same level of importance
>FWWM/The Return: the giant watches over the universe while the dwarf is just MIKE's arm
Whoops!
>>
>>87420009
SHE
DID
NOT
>>
>>87419719
"This show made me feel sad, ree"
>>
File: 1501345523365.png (34KB, 119x166px) Image search: [Google]
1501345523365.png
34KB, 119x166px
>>87419747
>is free
>has a whole new life
>has money, fbi badge and a gun
>has a car
>has a clone of himself looking after his wife and son so no guilt for ditching them
>had sex with at least three different women in the last week
>has a more pure version of laura to fuck
only in twin peaks could this be considered a bad ending
>>
>>87420040
I guess i'm a Frost guy
>>
>>87420012
>more rash scratching girl
>more screaming asian girl
>more wuz muh uncle dar girl
>>
>no set design, feels empty and lifeless
>no interesting ideas for storylines and generally bad writing
>relies on gimmicks only instead
>those are unoriginal or just bad, unfortunately ("fuck you, albert", glove, andy and lucy, coordinates, riddles, ...)
>bad acting (Bell, Lynch, Horse, Robertson, Dern, ...)
>dull characters (one-dimensional at best)
>storylines and characters are introduced for no purpose
>everything is supposed to weirdly connect and make sense
>shot in digital in a way that doesn't compensate for the technology's disadvantages (looks bad)
>roadhouse scenes (out of place, badly shot, the songs, the bands, the extras, ...)
>student-tier storytelling/editing (characters are shown walking up complete sets of stairs)
>stretched out needlessly, long takes have no particular effect
>obviously delusional and/or inexperienced fanbase perceiving it as particularly meaningful, complex or "deep"
>can't compare to the original series that doesn't have those problems (coherent/complex and beautiful sets, costumes and make-up/well shot/well acted/well written/magnificent multi-dimensional characters and character relations, music, storylines and gimmicks/creates a unique athmosphere as a result, changing the world of television forever whereas "the return" neither manages to do something established really good nor to invent something new)
>somehow the best thing in tv history
Lynch sycophants btfo eternally, this will forever be known as a shit stain, compared to the brilliant original series(Frost + ABC).
>>
>>87420040

Something else that isn't often recognized: Lynch's work is all very timeless and placeless by design, beyond "Hollywood" or "small town" depending on the movie. Frost's other work is filled with globe trotting and elaborate chronology, I'm pretty sure he's the reason The Return took place in like ten different states.
>>
File: 1504631832460.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1504631832460.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>87419589
Have you bought Fallout 4 yet to play the Twin Peaks Creation Club tie in content yet /tv/?
>>
>>87420087
>(characters are shown walking up complete sets of stairs)
Oh no, the horror.
>>
>>87419891
I thought for sure they would be the first villians coop took down. We never delved enough into the evil organizations in this season

Im also disappointed about a lack of cooper duel
>>
>>87420040
>>87420122
Who do we blame for Dougie Jones?
>>
>>87420126
"no"
>>
>>87419823
Hard to say if whether did or not. What's pretty certain is that he trusted his vision and gave something that was different from standard television fare. He might have trusted his inspiration too much though. While some parts are really good, others do seem "first draft" lazy. It's understandable that not everything can always be perfect, and if it is to be considered as art than a lot of it is bound to be subjective, but it seems he could have been pushed a bit more to perfect some ideas before going on with the production.
>>
File: VedderThumbsup.jpg (132KB, 343x552px) Image search: [Google]
VedderThumbsup.jpg
132KB, 343x552px
>>87419693
Kek
>>
>>87419838
dunno, might be that he was just very impulsive. BOB seemed to take on the characteristics of the people he was in, so Leland might have been a more impulsive person as well. with doppelcoop he was more cautious and had several back-up plans (though he never could've guessed Lucy and a british guy with a green glove would be the end of him lel).
>>87419844
I'm thinking more in the sense of if Cooper took her away from her death (like that pic implies) there are two things to consider. One, Laura would not exist anymore, but since the pic talks about her, you have to consider two, she does exist, but Cooper managed to get her back to starting positions, so to speak and without her death and BOB not existing, she wouldn't have had a bad life. Leland probably could've controlled the lust he had for her without BOB egging him on. At least that's one way of looking it.
>>
>>87420009
American girl said something like BEWARE OF MY MOTHER.

Is her mother JEWdy?
>>
>>87420148
One of many examples of bad storytelling.
>>
>>87420148

>he replied to it
>>
>>87420166
That makes sense. Killer BOB did seem to like the aspect of a "hunt" in some way. Plus it bagged him a second girl that night that he would've had gotten otherwise.
>>
>chet died on the way back to his home planet
>>
>>87420154

>implying blame should be assigned for the best scene of the entire fucking show
>>
>>87419977
I think the idea that they were actually connected to Audrey's plotline was a red herring of sorts– I think their general point was to show just how much had changed over 25 years in twin peaks, that we're unlikely to see the same recurring characters in this world simply because the town is the same. overhearing two people you've never seen before discussing characters you've never encountered is jarring, but pretty realistic imo
>>
>>87419879
>>student-tier storytelling/editing (characters are shown walking up complete sets of stairs)
He's always done this, ever since the escalator scene in Eraserhead. It comes up so often in his work that he's very probably doing it on purpose to create some uneasiness in the viewer.
>>
>>87419938
I want to disagree with you, but I can't. Cooper literally spends the last episode fully aware that he is in a dream and proceeds to treat every person and every thing he encounters as pretty much meaningless.

It's such a weird coda for a character that used to take so much joy in living life and embracing all things as they are.
>>
>>87420166
>At least that's one way of looking it.
Cooper destroyed entire universe, well much better.
>>
File: 1498946925068.jpg (119KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1498946925068.jpg
119KB, 500x500px
>>87420156
Why not anon?

You at least preordered my good friend Mark Frost's new book right?

Don't make me fuck up my post again
>>
>>87420267
I was not talking about deliberate decisions with effects on the viewer there. Unless the director's intention was to make me cringe.
>>
>>87419729
And Leland will go there thinking she is there that night. When she doesn't turn up, do you think BOB will just go home. No way. He's got the death bag ready and he's eager for fun.
>>
>time lines
>different universes
>dream worlds

I don't even think I'm going to try this one now. I thought this shit was about finding out who the murderer in the town was?
>>
>>87420207
yeah, maybe finally seeing Laura be the woman he'd pushed her to become was too much for Leland and BOB found either a possibility or a threat in that. Possibility bc he could feed on Leland's anger and finally use Laura as a new vessel for himself. But he had to be cautious and not push Leland too far before he could get to Laura and easily move into her. So that's why he chose that night, seemed like the best time. He didn't expect MIKE to some and throw Laura the ring.
>>
File: BUYMYBOOK.jpg (162KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
BUYMYBOOK.jpg
162KB, 1280x720px
BUUUYYYY MY BOOOOOOK YOU STUPID FUCKING FAGGOT SHITS

GODDAMN IT YOU FUCKING LOSER ASSWIPES TALK ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU HATE DAVID'S ENDING AND HAVE NO ANSWERS

YET I'M GOING TO FUCKING RESOLVE ALL OF THAT SHITSTAIN'S GARBAGE PLOTLINES AND YOU FAGGOTS ARE SITTING HERE INSULTING MY WORK LIKE A BUNCH OF ORANGE TINY-HANDED PRUNES

BUY MY FUCKING BOOK REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>87420380
what murder?
>>
>>87420374

Wrong
>>
"it's 2:53 in Las Vegas, and that adds up to 10, the number of completions"

What did coop mean by this?
>>
>>87420362
Not Lynch's fault that you're an impatient fuck who has this really specific trigger whenever you see someone walk up full set of stairs.
>>
>>87420040
I don't know why these threads have such a hate-boner for Frost. He is 50% Twin Peaks, through and through.

>>87420058
feels bad, but it could be worse. There's a reason I think it shows Cooper and Laura back in the Red Room as our final shot of the series as opposed to something else.
>>
File: Image 7.png (52KB, 907x832px) Image search: [Google]
Image 7.png
52KB, 907x832px
>>87420073

Just having the concept isn't worth much, remember that every cool or creepy Lodge sequence came from Lynch almost entirely. If he hadn't come back in the finale Twin Peaks would have ended with pic related
>>
>>87420408

Mark you seem upset. Is everything okay?
>>
remember:
>same greentext pasted again, feels empty and lifeless
>no interesting ideas or original thoughts, just repetitive writing
>relies on greentext gimmicks only instead
>those are unoriginal or just bad, unfortunately (characters are shown walking up complete sets of stairs, ...)
>dull points (one-dimensional at best)
>minor complaints are introduced for no purpose
>everything copypasta'd is supposed to weirdly connect and make sense
>typed in a way that doesn't compensate for the original writer's psychological disadvantages (looks bad)
>student-tier reasoning/editing
>stretched out needlessly, long greentext lists have no particular effect
>obviously delusional and/or butthurt fan is upset they subjectively didn't find the work meaningful, complex or "deep"
>somehow keeps being pasted multiple times in every thread
>>
>>87420380
That's why it is a separate series and not really Season 3. If you just want plain old Twin Peaks just watch the show you will probably still like it a lot.
>>
>>87420408
Secret History of Twin Peaks just left me even more confused.
>>
>>87420408
Mark please, I know you're upset the finale didn't end with Laura being shifted to a universe where Trump kills her but calm down
>>
>>87419847
i like your explanation to the turkey jerky affair
>>
THERE THEY ARE, DAVID

ALIENS
>>
File: 1501441056554.jpg (57KB, 605x605px) Image search: [Google]
1501441056554.jpg
57KB, 605x605px
>>87420060
>being this protective about thine headcanon
>>
>>87420040
But The Return developed the Lodges more than the original show did. The White Lodge wasn't even shown on screen in the original show.
>>
File: EddiePiano.jpg (316KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
EddiePiano.jpg
316KB, 1000x563px
>>87420228
>>
>>87420087
I never watched Twin Peaks before, so I wanted to quickly watch first two seasons + FWWM in one week or so and watch third season on-going.

I watched old Twin Peaks for two and a half months, it was absolutely unbearable, it's impossible to watch. I almost gave up on the second part of season two, I started to drink alcohol to make it possible to watch. And I had no such problem with season three which I started when it had 7 episodes aired. I watched all 7 episodes in one run, It felt like a breath of fresh air after going for years through the desert.
>>
>>87419719
if a show can manage to make people this angry it must be doing something right
>>
>>87420408
I'm not buying your shitty book Mark
>>
>>87420452
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-deception
Now off yourself, faggot.
>>
>>87420522
Yep
>>
Friendly reminder the scene with the fireman at the beginning of the season makes more sense if it comes after the events of the final than as season opener. The fireman gives Coop the info he needs to escape. Remember Richard and Linda is the catalyst for him to remember his true self. 430 reminds him of the portal to escape. 2 birds with 1 stone reminds him of his mission against Judy and that he's in a Judy created reality.

You could run that scene as the first scene of season 4 and it would work better than as season 3 opener. Carrie screams and awakens leaving Coop in synthetic universe, Fireman contacts him and gives him the info to escape.
>>
>>87420522
pleb
>>
>>87420565
keep tryin' man
>>
>>87420362
I think that slight cringiness (and trying to give the impression that something is off by doing unusual technical choices) can be looking for. It can go from completely over the top acting to shots that are kept on way longer than they would in a normal cut. It's a fine line to walk, but I think it can give a fun result.
>>
File: lynched and berned.png (35KB, 580x273px) Image search: [Google]
lynched and berned.png
35KB, 580x273px
>>87420472
Reminder. https://twitter.com/david_lynch/status/714871987043078144?lang=en

The election is probably why the show ends on a sad note.
>>
The Fireman is the dreamer of original Twin Peaks
Cooper is the dreamer of the Twin Peaks where Laura never died
Judy is the dreamer of the Carrie Paige reality
>>
>>87420496
We are not going to talk about the owls, in fact, we're not going to talk about the owls at all, no no, wait I changed my mind I do want to talk about the owls, hell, I'm gonna infodump everything you want to know about them right now. Vote Nixon, fuck drumpf and fuck cis white male truck drivers.1

1. Verified -- TP
>>
>>87420630
I don't even know how to stop myself.
>>
>>87420510

What I meant is the Black/White Lodge dichotomy seems so far removed from the worlds Lynch came up with, it's hard to tell how much of that original mythology (if any) still applies to things in The Return
>>
>>87420522
I do agree that the original show is very slow in comparison to The Return. Original is generally a slow burner, The Return usually has something entertaining going on (even if it doesn't ultimately matter). Might just be a change in the climate of television.
>>
>>87420678
It's debatable if Tammy is a flatter "character" in the show or the book.
>>
>>87420729
>entertaining
That's not even a valid point. Watch more film. S3 is shit.
>>
>>87420675
So who is the dreamer of the season 3 reality we have up till the time travel in episode 17?
>>
>>87420778
her ass is certainly less flat
>>
>>87419847
>But Cooper is not the only Dreamer.
That right there is key. Since "Laura is the one" it would be easy to assume she is the one and only dreamer. But Coop is the primary Dreamer from episodes 1-17.

His dream occurs while he is in the lodge, and he dreams about leaving the lodge and trying to defeat his doppelgänger and BOB. The content of the dream represents his battle with the "shadow in the threshold" and through the conflict of that dream his courage is seemingly perfected and he is allowed to use the room key to leave his dream and begin leaving the lodge.
But by the end of the dream Coop has attained mastery of what Windom Earl wanted: lodge magic! When Mike recites "fire walk" behind the basement door the incantation is an initiation for Cooper. Cooper is now the "magician" who seeks to reach between worlds (between dreams). He proceeds to use that power to find Laura and save her from death.
>>
>>87420819
For sure. I was waiting for some payoff to her character. Lynch and Frost must have thought otherwise.
>>
>>87420778
Is the book worth reading now season 3 is over. I have it but it feels redundant to read it now.
>>
File: sense.gif (488KB, 499x367px) Image search: [Google]
sense.gif
488KB, 499x367px
>>87420787
>man with no valid points complaining about lack of valid points
>>
>>87420655

Reminder Lynch is a kooky pervert and 9/11 truther who votes for whoever makes it easier for him to keep up his smoking habit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0Kx52Nkeec
>>
>>87420778
when I was reading the book I imagined Tammy to be black actually. Like an overworked snappy young black careerwoman. dunno why even.
>>
>>87420472
Unironically most of the Twin Peaks residents plotlines will be resolved in the book I'm sure.

That alone is going to make me begrudgingly buy it
>>
>hawwwwwkk the shit it come out of my ass

>goodnight margaret
>>
>>87420479
Yeah, just because we hadn't seen Coop change things yet doesn't mean the effects wouldn't be already apparent during the intervening time. There were clues everywhere that reality was shifting but only Sarah recognized what was happening.
>>
>>87420853
aces anon I'm with you 100%
>>
>>87420856
The FBI subplot in generally was pretty worthless (with a couple exceptions). It felt like they went back and filmed more exposition scenes because they thought certain plot points weren't well-explained enough already. Or 18 episodes was a bit too much and they needed to fill time.
>>
>>87420890
I'm pretty sure he voted Trump. I think around the time he made the Tweet about Bernie I still thought Trump was stupid and wasn't going to vote. Then I started listening to his side and people like Alex Jones and I realized Trump was the one.
>>
>>87420864
A lot of it is flavor text on the way way prehistory of the show, as well as asides and insights into the original show's characters. Kinda like fanservice in a distilled form.

I don't think it reveals too much but since I didn't finish, I am now going to read it with a mind of seeing how Jiao Dai fits into things if at all.
>>
>>87420864

It's well worth it for the townsfolk stories alone, I got teary reading the new Ed and Norma backstory and the Log Lady eulogy

Lot of continuity errors but I guess Frost knew the ending switcheroo was coming and took it as permission to do whatever the fuck he wanted
>>
So, uh... how is Annie, anyway?
>>
>>87420787
It was entertaining, anon. Different people are entertained by different things. Even if in the end it went nowhere, the various episodes were pretty much all intriguing, interesting and unpredictable. It could be argued that it was too random, but it sure entertained me.
>>
>>87420956
Have you ever considered that people you like don't necessarily agree with you politically? You're confusing your own views with Lynch's.
>>
>>87420985
I was inferring it from Alex Jones but yes I like many people who disagree with me. But then I start to not like them sometimes.
>>
>>87420436
More interesting is the room key 315, which adds up to just barely less than 10, which would indicate not quite perfect: it's a hint that in spite of his new lodge power Coop is not ready to attempt to save Laura.
>>
File: 1425943631156.png (132KB, 396x454px) Image search: [Google]
1425943631156.png
132KB, 396x454px
Someone tell me what a dugpa is!
>>
>>87420853
>taking 'Who is the dreamer?' as a literal question
Autism

But I like your theory
>>
>>87420961
>>87420965
Fair enough, I'll dig into it. I'm not even close to letting this thing go.
>>
>>87421021
Look up a clip from S2; Windom Earle gives a whole monologue about who the dugpas were and what they tried to do.
>>
>>87421021
It's this faggy website where people come up with their own Twin Peaks Reddit theories.
>>
>>87419793
are you retarded?
>>
File: michael jackson.png (250KB, 639x411px) Image search: [Google]
michael jackson.png
250KB, 639x411px
>tfw michael jackson was also born from judy
>>
>>87421083
>Where you'll never be Audrey, Cooper and Laura again
I never was
>>
>>87420430
It doesn't really matter, does it?
Phoebe Augustine is in the purple zone and credited as American Girl. Is it because Ronette's such a forgotten character?
>>
I WANTED THE ENDING TO WILD AT HEART WHERE COOP SINGS LOVE ME TENDER TO DIANE AND THEY LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG2DqpcHRoA
>>
>>87420890

>Alex keeps asking what Inland Empire is about
>Lynch tells him to fuck off in the nicest way possible

pure kino
>>
>>87420965
>Norma backstory
This one is bizarre... Her mother is a character on the show! A shitty character, but still!
>>
>>87421114
Lynch truly knows all.
>>
>>87420436
this is something I've been thinking about a lot too. can we mark all the instances in which 2:53 has appeared in the new season? there's obviously the instance where Cooper leaves Las Vegas (and it stays that time when he gets to Twin Peaks) and then when he leaves the lodge it's that time on American Girl's watch
>>
File: 12378320.jpg (210KB, 850x1134px) Image search: [Google]
12378320.jpg
210KB, 850x1134px
Would Carrie Page have been a better character if she was a German National Socialist?
>>
>>87420954
Miguel Ferrer had cancer while shooting, I'm sure that threw a wrench in production
Not everything in a television production is a concious decision, sometimes shit happens, like Badalamenti's brother dying suddenly so he couldn't provide much music for s3
>>
>>87420170
Judy is the mother of all abominations. She's the mother of us all.
>>
>>87421137
Lynch clearly likes Phoebe. Not only did he have her come back for the finale, she was an important minor character in FWWM. AND she was brought back for The Return! Very sweet of Lynch. Main characters like Donna and Leo didn't get it half so good.
>>
>>87419679
This is the water
And this is the well
>>
>>87420408
Is that you, Todd?
>>
>>87420408
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyZ7oSnHnio
>>
has any other season of television caused this amount of butthurt?
>>
>>87421183
253 also comes into play in the casino floor, he plays 0.25$ machines with a triple play: 25-3.
>>
>>87421144

It makes less than no sense that someone in Norma's station in life would have a cosmopolitan world-renowned food critic for a mother. Soap opera garbage put in to fill time, I'm glad Frost undid it
>>
>>87420787
I'm the anon who tried to binge-watch old Twin Peaks: I don't care about entertainment. I just didn't care about anything in first two seasons. Most of the characters are stupid and has no real purpose, other storylines outside of the main story are just shit and so on.

But I must say that I enjoyed Fire Walk With Me a lot and I watched 3.5 hour fan-edit with Missing Pieces implemented. It was interesting movie by itself and it had something that was missing in original show - it's heart and I mean brilliant perfomance of Laura Palmer by Sheryl Lee.
>>
>>87421260
The ending of The Sopranos and the ending of Lost caused more. Those shows were massively popular with normies.
>>
>>87421260
Trailer park boys when Corey and Trevor were removed
>>
>>87420523
>guy wrote about 50 words, then went on with the rest of his life
>"yes your honor i understand that my rape and murder of my neighbor's children made my neighbor angry, but since he mad i must've done something right"

Why not just offer a counter-opinion? Something like, "I can appreciate the frustration some fans feel with [blah-blah-blah], but the moody surreality is consistent with Lynch's previous works [or whatever you're supposed to say to sound smart] and I'm consequently willing to allow my expectations of narrative resolution to remain unfilfilled."? Why not just say that?

It's entirely possible to defend a contrary position without resorting to cunty bitchiness, but since you're resorting to cunty bitchiness, I can presume you don't really have a position to defend. It's just like the art thing to do, right? lmao lynched bro
>>
>>87421285
Pleb. S1E1 alone is much better than FWWM.
>>
Can someone explain what the hell Mr C was even planning to do?

And what was the point of the whole NY glass box thing?

From what I could gather Mr C had two plans in motion. One was to kill Dale who was stuck in Dougie, but that repeatedly failed.

The other plan is to get some coordinates from three various parties (Ray, Phillip and the one that he got from Diane who saw it on a corpse's arm). Two of those lead him to one spot where his son got fried. The third one leads him to the white lodge where he is "jailed" and deposited in front of the sheriff's office. Bear in mind that this entire time he had access to the room above the convenience store who could've helped him on other ways he didn't pursue.

So what was his goal?
Some say it was to meet Judy, but surely there must be an easier way to do that. Why not just hang around in NY and meet her there? Why not use the lodge spirits to communicate with her? After all they keep patching him up over and over.
>>
>>87421364
Literally all of these have been answered thousands of times in these threads. Lurk moar.
>>
>>87421285

>watching a butchered monstrosity instead of two separate experiences as the director intended

Die
>>
>>87421342
>Q. Tarantino
>>
File: landwolf.png (34KB, 281x347px) Image search: [Google]
landwolf.png
34KB, 281x347px
>>87419891
If someone told /tpg/ before the show started that Jim fucking Belushi would be hands down one of the best parts of the show, do you think it would have believed them?
>>
>>87421127
it's a second person narrative referring to the experiences of the actors
>>
>>87421285
Fire Walk With Me is the best piece of Twin Peaks imo
>>
>>87419845
dude lmao u were lynched bro

he doesn't get the point of the kneeling gook

fucking brainlet
>>
>>87421226
*crushes your skull like a tootsie roll pop*
>>
>>87421434
Wrong opinion.

>>87421342
This anon is correct.
>>
File: 67438.jpg (26KB, 596x426px) Image search: [Google]
67438.jpg
26KB, 596x426px
Why Lynch love rape so much? Is it also why I love Lynch so much?
>>
>>87419891
Yes. The Fuscoes were a close second.
>>
>>87420956
I think he either voted Trump or he didn't vote. He didn't support Hillary, but he did support Bernie. I think he's aware of the off screen crimes of the Clinton family, he's a guy that's conspiracy minded and doesn't trust the global elites.
>>
>>87421461
>R. Ebert
>>
>>87421341
Hahaha
LYNCHED
>>
>>87419589
Will Lynch ever make anything film-related again?
>>
>>87421434
Agreed. S3 is very close though, I was sure FWWM was better until the finale..
>>
>>87421364

Mr. C wanted to meet his maker, the experiment/Judy?/the thing in Sarah? but didn't know where or who she was. He went to the black-and-white world to find out where she was, hence Sarah's house initially showing up, that was his destination. Instead Briggs and the Fireman plopped him outside the sheriff's station where he was predestined to be killed by the chav lad

We don't really know what he was planning after he found the experiment though
>>
>>87420044
>Season 2 first 7 episodes

First 9, you fucking daft nigger.
>>
>>87419845
she was tired of being bullied so she started REEEEEEEEEEEEEing
>>
>>87421212
>tfw the production of the return was riddled with sickness and fatalities and yet it still turned out to be the best thing on tv all year
Poor Badalamenti, I had no idea. I thought he was just being lazy. I wonder if the reason why the ending was so pessimistic and upsetting had something to do with the amount of death that surrounded it. as much as I found the fbi scenes to be tedious I wonder if lynch wanted to give ferrer as much screen time as possible without overworking him, there's something really bittersweet about their on-screen relationship.
>"sometimes I worry about you, Albert."
>>
File: 1500397230157.jpg (112KB, 1042x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1500397230157.jpg
112KB, 1042x1080px
>>87421461
>muh comfy coffee and pie
>>
>>87419891
If there's something nice to be said about season 3 is that most of the new characters were likeable as fuck.
>>
>>87421505
I wish I could bully her with my dick.
>>
>>87420956
>>87421479
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0Kx52Nkeec
>>
>>87421513

I can't remember where I read it but I think Dougie was inspired by Warren Frost getting Alzheimer's
>>
Guys, w-what are we supposed to do now?
>>
Reminder that the Double R is exactly the same in the "muh pocket dimension" with the Mar T sign that everyone claimed meant that Norma didn't exist and some faggot named Marty did.

Also scope out that Freemason Lodge shit sign.
>>
File: OFFICIAL TPTR POWER RANKINGS.png (181KB, 761x811px) Image search: [Google]
OFFICIAL TPTR POWER RANKINGS.png
181KB, 761x811px
>>87420408
I did buy it.

I'm actually rereading Secret History now that S3 is done. I enjoy both more now. I guess the verdict can't really come until Final Dossier, but I still stand by my ratings.
>>
File: bomb.jpg (88KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
bomb.jpg
88KB, 800x450px
I've had the impression this lamp and facade is supposed to represent the bomb.
>>
>>87421519
I give credit to Eamon who gave me a character more hated than Leo at his worst, or Jean or anyone else in the show. Like he really gave one he'll of a performance as a worthless shitstain, Richard.
>>
Can we at least agree on this?
>God Tier
FWWM
Season 3
Season 2 finale
>Amazing Tier
Season 1
Season 2 assorted good episodes: 1, 7, 9, 20+21
>Still Enjoyable Tier
Everything else except for like 1 particular episode in the middle of season 2
>>
>>87419655
the Fireman does liposuction on the side
>>
I'd like to bend Carrie Page over a barrel and show her the fifty states if you get what I'm saying
>>
File: Gordoncole.jpg (16KB, 400x216px) Image search: [Google]
Gordoncole.jpg
16KB, 400x216px
apparently Gordon Cole visited Second Life today
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjxZiRkCrpM
>>
>>87419882
Yeah i think HELLOOOOOOOOOO BINGBINGBINGBINGBING HELLOOOOOOO!!! bINGBINGBINgBInG HELLOOOO!!!! portrayed that perfectly, it was such a nice nod to eastern hermetism!
>>
>>87421341
They meant it was successfully provocative of strong emotion, not that it was good because people don't like it.
>>
>>87421591
good eye.

Is it just me or did the scene on the left look almost like a videogame? I can't tell how much of the environment is real and how much is CGI
>>
>>87421517
>those teeth
that's what a lifetime of coffee and cigarettes gets you
>>
>>87420966
Annie is practically Nonexistent at this point. I'm 100% certain that one result of Coop's time fuckery is that Annie and Coop never have a romance. According to Secret History she didn't win the pageant and it's fairly clear now that Frost's history is giving us the post reality shuffle version of events.
>>
File: 1495145293048.webm (3MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1495145293048.webm
3MB, 1440x1080px
>>87421607
>season 1 not in god tier
>>
>>87421665
I mean yeah season 1 is "god tier" but even still not the same level of season 3 and FWWM. What is above god tier??
>>
>>87421500

That doesn't make any sense.

He already had access to the room above the convenience store. Through that he should've been able to travel to the "waiting room" part of the black lodge. In either of those two places he could've met Judy.

Instead he apparently pursued a way to enter the "white lodge" where the Giant resides, which fucked him over.

For an "evil" spirit like him meeting Judy should be far more simple than tracking down coordinates given to him by a random asshole human, a teapot that works for the good guys and random numbers found on a random corpse.
Not to mention he LITERALLY talked to Judy over the phone and she told she missed him in NY in a sinister way. Why not just go meet her there then?
>>
>>87421665
I WANT IT ALL

I WANT IT ALL
>>
>>87421631
>implying dougie isn't the absolute embodiment of mindfulness, leaving his life and agency completely up to fate while everything still works out perfectly in his favour
>>
>>87421653
Those are dentures.
>>
>>87421633
Then... why... not just fucking say that, instead of what he actually said?

>lol he mad
>lynch did something right then
>just like ricky gervais
>>
>>87421683
being this fucking pleb. s3 is shit tier. fwwm is semi shit tier.
>>
>>87421665
I just realized that the Harry S. Truman thing went nowhere. Fuck.

Fuck you, Ontkean, I hope those luaus were worth it.
>>
Kyle's a great actor but he played one character for most of the season (bad coop), one character for three episodes (good coop) and Dougie, well that wasn't exactly a deep character driven role (laying on a bed and letting a topless Naomi Watts bounce on your crotch isn't exactly a difficult task) ..As good as he is I don't put that anywhere near what Tatiana did in Orphan, so I don't think he should get any nods
>>
>>87421268
Shit. That's a real nice catch.

Obviously the Jack Rabbit's Palace scene(s). The Mitchum brothers in episode 11 are eating cereal at 2:23, and they're supposed to meet Dougie in three more hours.
>>
>>87421607
Yes the lead into the s2 finale is so underrated. Episode 20 is the perfect calm before the storm with Cole back in town, Coop and Annie, smiles and pie all around. Then 21 is very tense and makes your stomach drop. And then the finale of course takes it even further. The whole final stretch really makes the whole season worth it
>>
>>87421504
Sorry I can't remember everything.
>>
>>87421434
I agree, but only because I loved Chet Desmond.
>>
>>87421719
FWWM is unironically one of the bleakest films ever made
>>
File: 1501987146652.jpg (223KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1501987146652.jpg
223KB, 1920x1080px
>>87421730
>I hope those luaus were worth it.
>>
File: 3.png (280KB, 452x710px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
280KB, 452x710px
So......... the finale was basically just Cooper driving around and then an absolutely dumb cliffhanger for no apparent reason? Fuck off Lynch, you fucking hack.
>>
>>87421220
If you're implying that Phoebe was only put in it for screentime and that her character has no significance to the story I just don't buy it. She's in it because she's recognizable as Ronette.
>>
>>87421690

He didn't know who or what he was talking to, he though it was Jeffries.

You're assuming too much about what Boop is capable of. He couldn't go to the red room because that's where he was supposed to get banished to, plus there's no reason to think anything there would help him find Judy. For whatever reason it seems going to the Giant's theater room was necessary to get what he wanted, and that's where the good guys set the trap
>>
Any ideas to the Judy symbol being shown as what arrives at Jack Rabbit's Palace on 10/2? Was it just a trap by Briggs to lure Mr. C to the sheriff's station?
>>
File: 1504621626008.png (611KB, 1120x630px) Image search: [Google]
1504621626008.png
611KB, 1120x630px
>>
>>87421635
I seriously thought I was looking at a mid to late 90s adventure game.
>>
File: 1504309493080.jpg (57KB, 944x720px) Image search: [Google]
1504309493080.jpg
57KB, 944x720px
WHERE WAS HER DOPPLEGANGER?
>>
>>87419589
What is Sigurd Wongraven doing in Twin Peaks?
>>
despite how everyone felt about the finale/the series as a whole, can we all agree this was the greatest scene to grace our television screens this year?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faSGNtf45rg
>>
Goddamn I'm tired of the finale discussion. The theories and everything are cool, but everyone is just saying the same thing now. Either an unoriginal theory or obvious bait about the show. Regardless of how the finale treated you, there was a whole other 16 episodes that were absolutely wild and original. I will never forget /tpg/ on like Thursday nights, that was the best
>>
>>87421792
It kinda has a happy ending though. Pretty sad movie! My sister thinks it's one of the saddest she ever watched. Heck they even managed to add more pathos to Leland, on top of his dark side, as he visibly struggled with what was inside him.
>>
>>87421364
It's fun to imagine that the doppelgänger wanted to destroy Judy.
>>
>>87421607
No, not even close.

>god tier
S1
FWWM
9 episodes of S2

>ok tier
the associated books ("Diane... ", Secret History)
episodes 9-17 of S3

>absolute fucking film school tier
the rest of S2
episodes 1-8 and 18 of S3
>>
After the Laura/Leland saga ends, what's the best episode to jump to? I don't want to swim through the quagmire of boring shit that plagues the second half of S2.
>>
>>87421876
just another stupid le random scene that led nowhere and meant nothing
>>
Timeline/reality question

So Coop gets instructions on how (or where) to enter the next reality or whatever in order to find Laura. He goes there, gets abandoned by Diane, and finds Laura. At some point, we see Judy freaking out and smashing Laura's picture. We also see gone fishin' guy moving past the area where the body was. So we know there is a timeline in which Laura is not murdered. But the question I have is why/where/when/how do we see Judy/Sarah Palmer freaking out on the picture? That existed in the original timeline that Coop fucked up.
>>
>>87421878
The good /tpg/ is in the lodge and he can't leave. Write it in your diary.
>>
>>87421876

Easily one of my favourite Twin Peaks scenes ever. Perfect combination of hilarity and bewildering horror.
>>
>>87421683
Season 1 is better than Season 3 if you care about narrative and human drama
>>
File: chet.jpg (52KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
chet.jpg
52KB, 720x576px
>>87421774
>>
>>87421656
NON-EXIS-TENT
>>
>>87421690
There's some electric sputtering initially at Jack Rabbit's Palace before Mr. C turns around, sees the vortex the black-and-white location, and he seems surprised. It's a trap.
>>
>>87421890
After Laura's case wraps up, skip to episode 10 and continue from there.
>>
>>87421861
When it originally ran, one of the more popular theories is that was Laura, and she switched places with Maddie shortly before the murder.
>>
>>87421900
>muh everything needs a meaning or it's automatically bad
Fuck right off.
>>
>>87421607
S1>S2(the good ones)>FWWM>S3>S2(The bad ones)

S3 would be better if it didn't ruin the mystique of the lodges, ham-fisted dream shit, an aimless assortment of vingettes that didn't matter, a syfy original showdown with Dragonball Bob featuring one-punch lad, the elevation and revival of Laura and an ending that fell flat after a boring episode.

I was entertained by S3, but looking back on it, it was a mess.
>>
>>87421888
But even in early season 2 there were still some rough spots, even rough episodes. How could you think Harold Smith is anywhere near DougieCoop?
>>
>>87421900
>I like my kino with linear plot and definite significance
It's like you don't even know what the word means!
>>
>>87421878
Does anyone have a master list of the S3 theories that are worth reading/watching on YouTube? I've seen a couple but they were shit.
>>
>>87421945
Fuck yo tricks, nigga.
>>
>>87421839

Still, the conversation was played off in a sinister way, rather than a conversation between entities that want to meet each other.

Also Judy seems to have an extreme level of control over reality. Meeting her should not be a problem, especially given that Mr C had BOB inside him and was a demonic lodge entity himself.

My point is just that meeting Judy is not a viable explanation as to what he was doing.
>>
>>87421937
fuck u u motherfucker
>>
>>87421953

I know right? Fuck me dead all these plot babies not understanding that scenes can be primary in adding to mood and themes rather than just the fucking plot.
>>
>>87421690
>In either of those two places he could've met Judy.
Well i don't think so, i believe she resided in an empty darkness void, if she was in the waiting room she would have killed MIKE/The Arm since the beginning of the whole series.
>>
File: evil coop ringing your bell.png (425KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
evil coop ringing your bell.png
425KB, 1280x720px
>>87421903
>gone fishin' guy
>>
>>87421945

The last 2 or 3 episodes and that's literally it. Wyndom Earle is the fucking gayest and most pathetic attempt at a hook that I've ever seen on television
>>
>>87421876
AAH AAH OH GOD AAAH AAAAAH AAAH AAH AAAAH AAAAH AAAAAH
>>
>>87420069

Hes in a dream dude
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-07-29-12h40m32s990.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-07-29-12h40m32s990.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
the dougie storyline is the best in the whole show
>>
>>87421840
>Was it just a trap by Briggs to lure Mr. C to the sheriff's station?
holy shit you're a genius, that's fucking it, briggs worked with the fireman to lure him to his house where he could toss him to the station
>>
>>87421983
I don't, and there are many elements in S3 that I prefer over the better parts of the earlier mythos (I love the Mitchums and I always fucking hated Harold).
>>
>>87422013

Well not in particular but I'm assuming it is easier to commune with an ur-lodge spirit when in the extradimensional space of the lodges when you literally have access to BOB and the woodsmen than following vague clues left around on corpses.
>>
>>87422007
yeah? and what exactly did some drooling zombie kid add to the "theme" of the season, Mr. Smartypants?
>>
>>87422039

thought it was kinda funny but seriously answer my question

>inb4 eraserhead guy
>>
>>87422101
I hope lynch rapes and kills you too.
>>
>>87420069
>pure version of laura
Carrie Page is a white trash murderer from the butthole of Texas.
>>
>>87421929
I guess I don't care about that as much then
>>87421963
>vignettes that didn't matter
While I disagree with your other points, its understandable that you feel that way. But why is this a bad thing? Why does everything have to be 100% lean, plot only scenes? Season 3 is not a statement it is a painting. Every single scene colored in tho world around the plot. It paid respect to the old characters, it offered nice little short stories. Have you never read a book? There is literally nothing wrong with it and in fact really should be way more present in the medium
>>
File: twin-peaks-season-3-episode-4.jpg (35KB, 752x412px) Image search: [Google]
twin-peaks-season-3-episode-4.jpg
35KB, 752x412px
>>87422070

Best in show
>>
>>87421627
Best thing to come out of this new season
>>
>>87422052
WINDOMINATED
>>
>>87422084
>easier to commune with an ur-lodge spirit when in the extradimensional space of the lodges
remember that there was a specific coordinate to go the fireman's house/white lodge, you couldn't go there from the waiting room for all we know, the same could apply to 'Judy's'
>>
File: michaelanderson.jpg (118KB, 1024x690px) Image search: [Google]
michaelanderson.jpg
118KB, 1024x690px
>>87419589
The feud between Anderson and Lynch is still going then? (the backwards dwarf dude)

'I couldn't watch TP when it originally aired because it was so BORING. Every time I tuned in, it was people talking in a room. That's it. And if I stayed long enough to hear what they were saying, they would be talking about NOTHING. I figured out that I couldn't follow the plot, (or had to make one up) because there WAS NO PLOT. A man went to a town to investigate a murder. That's it. Nothing else ever happens. Just people talking in rooms. And all this taking NEVER advanced the murder investigation ONE BIT. I liked the part that I was in, (because I was in it), but it still didn't make a hoot of sense. Hard to watch.'

Didn't he accuse Lynch of being a paedo/rapist/murderer too? And based Laura's diary off that.

http://www.alternativenation.net/michael-j-anderson-accuses-twin-peaks-filmmaker-david-lynch-of-being-a-pedophile-rapist-murderer/

'Anderson has repeatedly made what could be read as anti-Semitic and anti-Islam posts and comments, is a strong Trump supporter with staunch anti-globalism leanings and has made many crass comments about "political correctness.' this guy. :')
>>
It warms my heart to know dougie is
>>
Zombie kid seemed to tie in with the notion that every new generation that comes around in Twin Peaks is more corrupted and messed up than the last one. The town has become a festering hellhole over time.
>>
File: 1502321700770.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1502321700770.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>87422148
post rare dougies
>>
>>87422126
>It paid respect to the old characters
Yeah, it was especially respectful when Bob was killed by a boxing chav. The way Bobby went absolutely nowhere and his Dad's vision meant shit all was fantastic, too.
>>
>>87421861
Maddie a cute. CUTE!
>>
will the soundtrack albums leak here first or on /mu/?
>>
File: spirited feels.gif (655KB, 250x134px) Image search: [Google]
spirited feels.gif
655KB, 250x134px
>Catherine Coulson probably died thinking that her clues to Hawk were actually going to help save Cooper and defeat BOB
>Miguel Ferrer probably died thinking the FBI did anything remotely important
>>
>>87421903
I think Jumping Man informed Judy about Laura leaving that timeline, so she can't destroy her. That's my best guess. And that's represented by Sarah trying to destroy the Laura picture with a glass bottle, which does nothing. I'm assuming this is in the OG timeline where all the pals are in the sheriff's station, and Judy was supposed to "win" in that timeline and Laura is dead there, Laura still exists somewhere else where Judy can't get her.
>>
>>87420522
Mostly agree but I did fall asleep during the nuclear explosion montage.
>>
>>87422182
>Is it past... or is it future?
He's literally talking about The Return.
>>
>>87420472
'Laura came onto me, he face was pale, her lips were black & her teeth were yellow! Disgusting!'
>>
File: facepalm.webm (407KB, 502x492px) Image search: [Google]
facepalm.webm
407KB, 502x492px
Best character of s3 coming through
>>
>>87422202
Don't forget that Audrey is trapped in a boring dream where she's married to the world's tallest dwarf and had a rape baby who was turned into a sparkler.
>>
>>87422085
Not the same guy but the zombie kid added to the feeling of social decay that had set in in Twin Peaks.
>>
>>87422218
>BOB
vanquished by chav

>save Cooper
imo cooper and 'carrie' are released from the odessa dimension the moment she remembers/hears the scream
>>
>>87421878
People butthurt about the finale have been samefagging and shitposting the past few days. It's over.
There won't be any good discussion anymore until the general dies.
>>
File: 1504308795193.jpg (58KB, 944x720px) Image search: [Google]
1504308795193.jpg
58KB, 944x720px
>>87421951
It's funny how I can see why people would think that yet it's a totally retarded theory. My friend who watched the series recently was convinced it was something like that since the whole Soap Opera parody they were going for with Maddy is totally outdated at this point

>>87422206
>>
>>87420503
Bad Bioculars!
bAD!
>>
File: mfw plebs.jpg (126KB, 1048x769px) Image search: [Google]
mfw plebs.jpg
126KB, 1048x769px
>>87422225
you fell asleep while listening to fucking penderecki
>>
>>87422276
Wait, are you saying that all of s3 is in Audrey's dream? wut
>>
>>87422309
Are they released though? They may just cease to exist once the dream ends.
>>
Annie was so pure and so cute.
>>
>>87422085
>dream logic
>the banal, the grotesque and the downright hilarious sat side-by-side
it's just so definitively lynch's style.
>>
File: audrey wakes up.webm (2MB, 1920x1078px) Image search: [Google]
audrey wakes up.webm
2MB, 1920x1078px
Was it future or was it past?
>>
File: DougieFinale.jpg (301KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
DougieFinale.jpg
301KB, 1000x563px
>>87422194
>tfw no dougie finale
>>
File: 1485656157450.png (364KB, 689x438px) Image search: [Google]
1485656157450.png
364KB, 689x438px
>>87421665
>that webm

Makes me sad. How could anyone think 16 pointless episodes of filler was so much more enjoyable than getting more Bookhouse Boys prime kino.
>>
>>87422363
>Are they released though?
very good point, that we'll never know for sure

i don't think frost will mess will lynch's ending
>>
>>87422265
that was literally me after the credits
>>
>>87421903
Judy/Sarah/Jump Man are aware of Coop's attempt to use the lodge to change Laura's fate and they interfere by changing fate again (dragging Laura into the Judy's dream).
>>
File: 1485749420097.jpg (5KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1485749420097.jpg
5KB, 184x184px
>>87422409
>big, fat, perfectly shaped milf tiddies
>>
>>87421285
Honestly I don't understand people like you. How can you not just bathe in the comfyness that is original twin peaks? How can you not just enjoy all the imagery and wisdom, and the sexy men and women? Get a life you jerk
>>
>>87422448
Wtf...
>>
I think the words that Laura whispers to Coop are "Don't try to save me. I want to die."
>>
Everyone saying Cooper is trying to open up the curtains at the end of Part 18 is a retard, he's bent over in thought then asks what year it is.
>>
Guys I get the finale now! It was just random crap Lynch threw together it all makes sense!
>>
>>87419718
david lynch isn't real
>>
>>87422052
I think there were a lot of good moments with Wyndom Earlie. Ironically, most of them were when he wasn't on screen. His initial presence when he enters Twin Peaks adds a lot of menace to a show that desperately needed something after the BOB stuff went dormant. Even after he's revealed and making appearances in episodes, his actions lead to a lot of haunting scenes (Rusty being put in the giant chess piece and his buddy talking about his life as both he and Andy start crying). Him crashing the Miss Twin Peaks contest is also one of the better scenes of season 2. If it wasn't for all the scenes where he unintelligibly rambles with Leo, I think he'd be remembered more fondly.

Also, the scene where he kidnaps Major Briggs in a horse costume is the funniest fucking shit I've ever seen.
>>
>>87422507
His hand is clearly doing the gesture that he did to leave the red room you fool
>>
>>87422430
this was me during the credits
https://youtu.be/TGqVDQ-7u0g?t=11s
>>
>>87422507
>asks what year it is
i believe that he saying this breaks the fabric of reality that judy built/dreamt but i can't figure out how/why

did i miss anything?
>>
File: 1504742498149.jpg (142KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1504742498149.jpg
142KB, 1280x853px
reminder
>>
>>87422505
I think she said "kill all the niggers in the city of twin peaks"
>>
>>87422479
Cooper had a good idea, he just wasn't aware that the other players were better at the game than him.
>>
>>87422507
Wrong. while in the lodge he's able to make the curtains ripple and open just by wiggling his hand in the air. He's obviously trying to do the same at the end of part 18, but either he doesn't quite remember how to do it (because he's richard, not cooper) or he can't do it in an alternate reality where he never learned how in the first place.
>>
>>87421260
Evangelion spurred a ton of death threats to the creator who eventually responded with a movie that was basically a "fuck you"
>>
>>87422566
Except it's not the same gesture at all, the gesture for the curtains actually involved motion for one
>>
>>87422566
It's not twirling the way he twirled it when he opened it.
>>
>>87422574

It's the moment in a dream where you suddenly realize none of it could possibly be real. Usually it's something incredibly simple like realizing you don't know what year it is.
>>
File: Roger-Ebert_612x451.jpg (87KB, 612x451px) Image search: [Google]
Roger-Ebert_612x451.jpg
87KB, 612x451px
>>87422515

David Lynch has been working toward "Mulholland Drive" all of his career, and now that he's arrived there I forgive him "Wild at Heart" and even "Lost Highway." At last his experiment doesn't shatter the test tubes. The movie is a surrealist dreamscape in the form of a Hollywood film noir, and the less sense it makes, the more we can't stop watching it.
>>
The ending of twin peaks was like when your internet goes off for the day and it feels like you're in a new reality and completely isolated and
>>
>>87422592
Wrong. He never wiggles it at all at the end of Part 18, he simply extends it while stooping over.
>>
File: The Kino.webm (2MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
The Kino.webm
2MB, 900x506px
Was there a more kino shot during The Return?
>>
>>87419653
Ronnette's guardian angel is going to save her even if Leland bothered to attack her without Laura being there, which he wouldn't.
>>
>>87422623
Exactly.
>>
>>87422592
>because he's richard, not cooper
i respect everybody's interpretations, but don't you think that since everything's different in this alternate reality because it was made by judy, richard and linda aren't just fake identities that she tried to brainwash coop and diane, just like 'carrie page' succeeded with laura
>>
>>87422505
No, it was reply to this post or your mother dies in her sleep.
>>
>>87422574
You missed the fact that the entire town of Twin Peaks is 100% identical to the way it has been throughout the entire Return
>>
>>87422657
that's why I made a point to suggest that he doesn't know how to do it anymore. He's lost both his confidence and his lodge wizardry, that's why its a limp-wristed extension rather than an assured jazz hand

>>87422698
>everything's different in this alternate reality because it was made by judy
because you respected my interpretation I'll respect yours, I'm not wholly convinced Judy created this reality but either way if she was able to introduce doubt into coop about being himself, surely that would affect his ability to re-enter the lodge?
>>
>>87422623
It's also pretty similar to the scene in FWWM (The Missing Pieces version I believe) where Jeffries expresses confusion over the date/year. Same thing with that bent over posture he has.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHl_8WK8w3Y
>>
>>87422719
Cant risk it
>>
>>87422802
>surely that would affect his ability to re-enter the lodge?
absolutely
>>
>>87419891
Charlie is the greatest TV character ever created.
>>
>>87421840
That was pretty obvious in retrospect, I guess I am fucking retarded
>>
>>87422719
eh
>>
Was Janey-E being related a Diane actually true, or just a red herring?
>>
>>87422872
>>87422872
>>87422872

>>87422872
>>87422872
>>
>>87422763
It's actually not.
The Dobule R after Cooper returns with Carrie doesn't have the RR2Go stripe on it.
Whether that means something or it was recorded before they finished rebuilding the Double R is hard to say-
>>
>>87422870
does it even matter?
>>
File: DougiePlayElevator.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DougiePlayElevator.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
Dougie is the best Cooper. He fucked bitches, made friends, brought home the bacon, took care of his son, uncovered an insurance scam

He would have BTFO out of Judy.
>>
>>87422570
his expression is just so utterly devastating. God knows what she whispered to him but fuck me if that credits scene didn't affect me more than any single one of the roadhouse performances. Even the ambient music is soul-crushing.
>>
>>87422802
>I'm not wholly convinced Judy created this reality
Episode 18 is a dream. Laura is the dreamer. She wakes up when she hears her mother's panicked voice calling to her. Just before waking she realizes she was dreaming and remembers the horror of her actual life.
>>
>>87421260
Normies seemed pretty upset over How I Met Your Mother ended.
>>
>>87422887
>Whether that means something
i think it means like other anon pointed out, that dreams can't be perfect, judy tried hard to fool everyone will her fake world replica but some things will eventually show that you're 'in the matrix'

i think the fact that the double r is out of electricity is also symbolic, she as an evil entity cared not about that place, so all the power came to illuminate the palmer house/place the tremonds in their place
>>
File: twin_peaks_style_9_galore_mag.jpg (196KB, 708x848px) Image search: [Google]
twin_peaks_style_9_galore_mag.jpg
196KB, 708x848px
>>87422474
Sometimes I put on the first season and let it run in the background just for the 80s aesthetic.
>>
>>87422952
>her mother's panicked voice calling to her
i think jiao de "to scream" is the one calling her, there's no more sarah palmer at this point, too much bloody mary and violent tv shows
>>
>>87422123
>that's somehow worse than a constantly gangraped whore with a drug problem
>>
>>87420252

It's the nurses telling visting while attending to her. And possibly a radio playing for the music.
>>
>>87422505
nah, it was "everything will be resolved in the end"
>>
>>87422585
Wouldn't take long given the demographics of the part of Washington near the borders with Idaho and Canada.
>>
>>87422823
>We're living inside a dream
Well there it is.
Thread posts: 372
Thread images: 65

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.