[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/film/ when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 4

File: Capture.png (8KB, 492x180px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
8KB, 492x180px
Where were you when /tv/ died.
This is the absolute state of this board when talking about movies includes top 10 list unironically.
>>
File: Capture.png (7KB, 750x194px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
7KB, 750x194px
>>85555925
oh im sorry it was top 5 after all
>>
>>85555925
What sort of loser even has a top whatever of movies or shows?
>>
>>85556008
Apparently it has become main argument when one mentions that he is not american.
>>
>>85556058
Television and film are such a shallow medium
>>
>>85555925
This boards fav movies this year are logan split wonder woman john wick 2 get out baby driver ghost in the shell gotg 2 kong skull island and dunkirk lol
>>
>>85556082
Only for people who lack basic education(mainly children and teenagers),therefore the request of /film/ board.
>>
>>85556008
Every cinephile makes lists at some time or another. The only people who get salty about lists are people who know that by number 7 they'd be out of credible picks, and would have to include shit like Madagascar 2.
>>
>>85556103
What is wrong with you people,how is it in your minds is ok to boil your living and existence on handful of iems and it is always in number of 10?
>>
>posting top 10
dont fall for it. its typically superhero retards looking for an excuse to laugh at you
>>
I was here for /film/, nobody could agree on what films were considered 'good enough' to be there and the place was just Baneposting and "is this kinó?" threads until Hiroshima nuked it within an hour
>>
>>85556331
I just need for mods to understand that /tv/ needs to be bait board like /v/ is for kids.

Actual discussion for games is on /vg/ and /vr/ so the same would apply for /film/.
While kids are busy shitposing about black cock,trump latest tweet and general idiotism we would post in peace on another place.
>>
>Implying anybody ITT has taste
most of you subhumans probably consider yourselves refined intellectuals because you like Master & Commander
>>
>>85556480
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>85556123
Because I'm not boiling down my living or existence to a top ten. Films aren't my living or existence, they're films. The exercise of making a choice is fun, because no list is definitive, and excludes a lot, obviously.

>>85556383
But you wouldn't, because the nature of the Hollywood film industry and the audiences who often act, in conversation with each other, as unpaid flacks for it, is to fascistically drown out all other ways of using cinema. /film/ is earmarked for raiding by shitposters the minute it exists. Other media don't have this level of knuckleheadedness, whereas Hollywood encourages it, whatever their ostensible ideology. See Meryl Streep, a liberal, making out that no other cinema culture exists in her recent speech. The speech got people angry because of her condescension and for she implied about people who disagreed with her politically, but there was no outrage that she implied that Hollywood = all cinema.
>>
>>85556480
AVENGERS ASSEMBLE

>>85556560
While I understand what you are saying you are contradicting yourself.
Saying you can see through Hollywood indoctrination and stupidity but you support their acts of top 10 movies to watch this summer or top 5 blockbusters before you die.
As the other anon said its so fucking shallow sometimes,I post about Asian cinema thread dies in 15 minutes,post about Mia kilifa and thread is for 15 hours,post CP and thread is up for 2 hours at least.
Its bullshit
>>
If any of your top 10 movies are capeshit, you lose.
>>
>>85557740
>thread about being retarded enough to have top 10 dicks in your ass in the first place
>kino cape is pleb somehow
>>
>>85555925
Just make quality posts in quality threads.
If that thread doesn’t exist, then you go ahead and make it yourself.

No other way around it, these meta threads do jackshit
>>
>>85557822
they die in span of half an hour.
Now what.
>>
>>85556560
>Hollywood
>Hollywood
>Hollywood
Yeah, this is the problem. Shitposters here don't even want to discuss movies that aren't american.

We need /film/.
>>
>>85556700
No, I don't support their "acts", I make top ten lists the way cinephiles always have. This has nothing to do with list-form promotional material/"journalism". Have you heard of the Sight & Sound poll?
>>
>>85557856
The point is, the shitposters would go there immediately and not be modded properly.
>>
>>85555925
>Where were you when /tv/ died.
Well /tv/ died in 2010, and I was in college. So yeah. I was in college when /tv/ died.
>>
>>85557881
Media is pushing things like top 10 list in order to advertise something.
Individuals making top 10 threads and having them in the first place is nonsense to me since you and I are not cogs in the film industry.
journalism is another matter I am not willing to discuss.
>>
>/tv/ constantly criticizes mainstream Hollywood movies(specifically blockbusters) and says that they're for reddit manchildren/plebs and underages
>all /tv/ talks about is Hollywood blockbuster shlock. 24/7 this board is filled with capeshit threads full of whining and people obsessing over box office numbers
>/tv/ always points out how much they dislike shows like R&M and GOT yet still talk about them all the time instead of shit they like
Really makes me think
Why is this board full of such hypocrites
>>
>>85557993
>Why is this board full of such teenagers*
>>
>>85557993
The ones who complain and the ones who talk about capeshit are probably two different categories. The real problem is the ones who complain but don't try to improve discussion.
>>
Imagine /mu/ arguing passionately about David Guetta, Justin Bieber and Rihanna.
Because that's exactly what /tv/ is doing with all the countless capeshit/got/starwars threads. It's like passionately arguing about the current Top 40 list of utter dogshit.

And /mu/ is cancer without even doing that, so you can only imagine how fucking braindead and degenerate the state of this board is.
>>
>>85558042
>make a thread about EU movie
>get flooded with "what the fuck is this" "reading subtitles lmao fuck that" "fuck off Ahmed" "USA USA USA USA"
Yeah
>>
>>85558091
Iktf. I've made threads about Renoir movies that have archived with zero replies. Just look for threads with good discussion and try to reply to them.
>>
>>85558139
I have 20 threads filtered right this moment,the threads that are left are still garbage.
There is one good thread per day.
>>
>>85555925
That's a capeshit shill, he was shitting on Apes two weeks ago and Dunkirk now because it's competing with that spiderman movie. He asked me for my top 10 too
>>
you can't post 10 good movies because you know most of them are pleb garbage.
>>
>>85556383
>Actual discussion for games is on /vg/
Come on now
>>
>>85558139
Just make them when most ameritards are asleep. We've had a +100 post thread about Bresson the other day, pretty good.

Though when the whatever new starwars/dc/marvel film comes out there's no chance of your thread surviving more than 5 minutes.
>>
>>85558153
>I have 20 threads filtered right this moment
You're unironically what is wrong with this board.
>>
>>85558201
They are straight up pasta dumb fuck Im posting here for the past 8 years,I dont need the same shit 100 times a day.
>>
>>85558139
We had a pretty good war movie thread yesterday, /tv/ is clearly capable of having great discussion. Despite how awful the shitposting has become these past 3 years, I've been introduced to a lot of great new foreign movies here.
Also sopranos and wire threads are always good (perfect blend of humour and serious discussion)
>>
>>85558200
>tfw I am the Ameritard
Honestly it's probably mostly Americans and Pajeets/ third worlders who are the problem with that capeshit stuff.
>>
>>85558219
>I-I'm an old f-f-fag!! I sw-sw-swear!!!!!
Pathetic.
>>
>>85558227
Yeah, I agree that good discussion is capable here. The Twin Peaks threads are pretty good too. Lots of memes but that's not odd for this site.
>>
>>85558256
I FUCKING LOVE SPIDERMAN LMAO HAHAH LOL

What sickens me that I really love talking bout movies but shits like you find my browsing experience more important.
Neck yourself
>>
>>85558247
I thought the whole "dude Americans are obnoxious and annoying shitposters lmao" meme was just an /int/ thing, but too many fucking underages from /v/ and /pol/(r/the Donald) have made this board even worse than before
>>
>>85558181
Generals infected with few actually mentally challenged people have nothing to do with the rest of the board.
>>
File: homme visits k.jpg (50KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
homme visits k.jpg
50KB, 540x720px
/homme/ when?
>>
>>85558293
Who cares what non-Americans think?
>>
>>85558325
The guy is all over the place lmao
>>
>>85558325
fuck off, you /mu/ reject, avatarfag piece of shit
>>
>>85558325
I stated that before but he should starr young Trump in the inevitable biopic.
>>
The capeshit threads on /tv/ are only a problem because they're always about the same repetitive shit. Superhero films are movies too, so I have no problem with them being discussed here. The problem is no one actually discusses the quality of these movies. Every capeshit thread is
>wahhh fuck you shill, DC rocks
>wahhh fuck you shill, DC sucks
>50+ replies complaining about RT and box office
Fuck, when was the last time this board actually had an honest and serious discussion about BVS or civil war(no "kino" memes or /v/ garbage)
>>
>>85557967
No, again, making top ten lists is part of cinephilia and always has been. Have you heard of the Sight & Sound poll?
>>
>>85558446
I cant say that I have I though my post made that pretty obvious.
>>
>>85558139
Why? Renoir was ass.
>>
>>85558465
Boudu Saved From Drowning was pretty good.
>>
>>85558458
Educate yourself, then. It's been happening since 1952.
>>
>>85558492
Is it about the origin of the whole top 10 thing?
>>
>>85558491
Nah, it's crap, smug bourgeois gas, and the "she just needed a good rapin'" plotline is going to relegate it to oblivion, culturally, within the next five years.
>>
>>85558521
Educate yourself, I said. Stop trying to bluff your way through life.
>>
>>85558522
The "she just needed a good rapin'" plotline made sense because she had the same kind of messed up and selfish personality as Boudu. She just wasn't as openly selfish and lied to her husband.
>>
>>85558541
> international group of film professionals to vote for their ten greatest films of all time
Dude I get it,there is not much to it.
But your modern internet media top 10 lists are not made by industry professionals,as I said before we are not cogs of the film industry.
>>
Post top 10 you coward
>>
>>85558573
"Marvel's The Avengers" (2012)
"Captain America: The First Avenger" (2011)
"X-Men" (2000)
"Unbreakable" (2000)
"Spider-Man" (2002)
"Superman II" (1980)
"Superman" (1978)
"The Dark Knight" (2008)
>>
>>85558573
movies? or series?
>>
>>85555925
>/film/ thread
>most of the posts are just shitposting about /tv/ posts
/film/ is a stupid idea for a board but people like you guys are the reason it will never work
>>
>>85555925
moot killed /tv/ in 2013
>>
>>85558623
>wasting time watching TV shows at all
All just character-plot driven repetitive structured cash grabs with no value in any of the other filmmaking elements.
It's a producers medium
>>
1. Cast Away
2. The Terminal
3. Signs
4. Kingdom of Heaven
5. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
6. Rat Race
7. Police Academy
8. Sleepless in Seattle
9. Collateral
10. Jumanji
>>
File: Movies I saw.webm (2MB, 1168x576px) Image search: [Google]
Movies I saw.webm
2MB, 1168x576px
I have a list of all movies that I saw. Webm related
>>
>>85558860
Watch more film.
>>
>>85558860
see >>85558895
>>
>>85558860
Most of that is Hollywood summer shovelware,not impressive at all.
>>
>>85555925

When Ovalposting died, /tv/ died.

Tripfags were unironically the lifeblood of /tv/

Welcome to hell.
>>
>>85558970
and? I don't watch movies to be enlightened. I watched them for fun. If you want to brighten your horizons read a book not watch a movie.
>>
>>85559022
Right,it really shows your intellectual development.
>>
>>85559032
>STOP ENJOYING THINGS AND START POSTURING LIKE ME REEEEEEEE
>>
>>85559085
who are you quoting?
>>
>>85559022
>>85559085
>books can't be entertaining. They can only brighten your horizons
>movies can only be entertaining. They can't brighten your horizons
>>
Vote for /film/. The only time I can get a movie rec is by stalking 3x3 threads and hoping someone with good taste posts, and more than half the time obscure pictures can't even be Googled and the asshole won't tell you what it is. I came here for, at the very least, Criterion tier stuff with some discussion - it's all capeshit and political bait now.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.