[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy fuck, another 10/10 episode. This is gearing up to be the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 45

Holy fuck, another 10/10 episode.

This is gearing up to be the best final season in history.
>>
yes yes
>>
so I left this show on ep 1 because I didn'tlike the teenagers. what has happened sice then?
>>
>>82513574

pure unfiltered kino
>>
>>82513574

I'd recommend picking it up again and sticking with it. Seasons 2 and 3 so far are literally miles ahead of it, some of the best television of all time.
>>
>>82513615
do the teenagers stop being annoying/having screentime?
>>
>>82513687

Yes
>>
>>82513715
ok, will give it a try
>>
Thinking of watching this, heard it's one of a kind, but if you would have to compare it?
>>
>>82513574
WRITTEN OUT
>>
How did Matt know about pushing Patti into the well?
>>
there hasn't been a single 10/10 episode in the whole show. No 9/10 either.
>>
>>82513786

literally every episode since s2e1 has been 9/10 or higher, you are wrong
>>
>>82513786
Tbh senpai they are all 10s
>>
>>82513756
Kevin assumedly told him or maybe Sr. talked to Matt about it during his drug trip, since it was his idea to begin with.
>>
>>82513756
Kevin told John's son
>>
>>82513803
this guy knows!
>>
>>82513803
S2 finale was 10/10
International Assassin was 10/10
Every Matt episode is 10/10
Walkabout was at the very least a 9/10
>>
After this episode ended, my first thought was that it feels good to watch a genuinely great show where not only do things actually happen but I care about the characters and their interactions. I realize now just how much Better Call Saul sucks ass.
>>
Kevin was fucking brutal to Nora, that was seriously hard to watch.
>>
>>82513888

I thought that this episode tonight was a 10/10. Next episode is a Matt episode which is hype
>>
>See thumbnail on Primewire
>Sassy looking hijabi Muslim woman

No, dropped.
The Fascist Abbo Ethnostate was rich. Kevin Sr. getting arrested for "cultural appropriation" was too much. This series is dropped.
>>
>>
>>82514117
I'm in the middle of watching it, which is why I didn't include it
>>
On episode five of season one, about to drop it.
>>
>>82514514

You are almost to the turning point, just stick with it. Episode 6 of season 1 is actually pretty good.
>>
File: mpv-shot0011.jpg (106KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0011.jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
what is her facial expression trying to convey?
>>
File: waifu.png (807KB, 678x599px) Image search: [Google]
waifu.png
807KB, 678x599px
Instant waifu material
>>
>>82514620
disappointment/lust for BBC
>>
>>82514654
why didn't they accept nora?
>>
What was up with the piano? Why would it be there and how would it be in tune?
>>
>>82514661

Have you not seen his big swinging dick? Dude is huge
>>
Stop fucking overrating and shilling this show. It turns more people off it than you probably think.
>>
>>82514722
it's not black

>>82514703
pianos can be in various places and maybe it was well taken care of.
>>
>>82514756
get a load of this faggot.
>>
>>82514756

if you get turned off of something just because people think its really good, that's pretty pathetic and those people can fuck off anyways.
>>
>>82514680
they are playing the long con

she will search desperate for them and beg them to take her
>>
>>82514866
for what purpose?
>>
>>82514901
money
>>
File: kevin.png (925KB, 814x715px) Image search: [Google]
kevin.png
925KB, 814x715px
Where can I get this jacket?
>>
>>82514252
99% chance she was behind the explosion
>>
File: 1484167462975.jpg (14KB, 195x283px) Image search: [Google]
1484167462975.jpg
14KB, 195x283px
About the baby question
How will cancer be cured by killing a baby? I understand this is a hypothetical question but the premise doesn't exist in reality. If you're looking at it as some type of moral test - which I think is likely the reason it's being asked - then how can you gauge someone's moral judgement based on something that can't happen? This isn't a "train on the tracks and you control the lever scenario."
>>
>>82514921
she was already there with a shitload of it. They turned the businessman away. They can string her along and get more money from them without rejecting them.

>>82514987
duluth trading co
>>
>>82515081
they have a time machine and they visited a future where they both existed and one where the second baby was killed and cancer was only cured when that baby died.
>>
>>82515081
the question clearly isn't about the answer, most likely about how the answer is delivered.
>>
File: Justin.jpg (91KB, 400x434px) Image search: [Google]
Justin.jpg
91KB, 400x434px
This is Justin Theroux on Parks and Recreation
So, what do you think, hair plugs? transplant? Rogaine?
>>
>>82515171
He still has that bizarre hairline, it just looks better with longer hair.
>>
>>82514987
DADDY
>>
>>82515171
he has the exact same baldness only with longer hair...
>>
>>82515138
So they know that killing the baby made the other cure cancer? Do coincidences not exist in this other reality?
>>
>>82515220
breh, the one baby that needs to be killed ends up being a bully retard and drags the other kid down. They both end up being potheads who live in a shipping container. Or if you kill that kid, the other one prospers, goes to college, and cures cancer.
>>
>>82514901

Not sure but they obviously don't have the actual machine. The trick is to make people believe they do. Not only the mark/target, but other people that the mark talks to. Basically by doing an elaborate con they weave a plausible story about what they do so the next person in line has an easier time to buy it.

Also they had the good cop/bad cop routine with the two "scientists" playing off the mark.

Notice how at the start Nora acted like she was calling the shots but at the end she was having full mental breakdown.

That's a better situation for them.

The mark then desperately wants to go through the process and is less willing to ask the right questions when the time comes.
Not only that but they can probably ask for more money towards the end. $20k is really not a lot if they have 3+ people to staff and have to be constantly on the go.
>>
>>82515081
The other guy was turned down, but he said he wouldn't kill the baby. I guess it's more than a yes/no question.
>>
File: jello.gif (2MB, 245x169px) Image search: [Google]
jello.gif
2MB, 245x169px
How the fuck does Matt know that Kevin pushed the girl into the well??
>>
>>82515384
how does mark linn baker and people burning themselves in the outback fall into this?

>>82515410
he told him
>>
>>82515410
Well Matt and Kevin are pretty close I assume he disclosed that information at some point, Matt was there when they buried Patti surely he could confide in him other things
>>
Hyped for this season's Matt episode. How bad will I feel for the guy this time around?
>>
Ok, did JOHN write the book or did MATT write it?

only thing I don't understand
>>
>>82515429

Well the entire extra effort to weave a credible scenario with weird questions and steps to get to the actual incinerator part obviously pays dividends since Mark was completely convinced it works. Then he convinced Nora and so on..

That's why long cons are long cons. You go through many motions until they're basically desperate to give money to you and tell others to give you their money as well.
>>
TALKING AWAY
I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M TO SAY
>>
>>82515496
matt is probably putting pen to paper, but john and his son are helping

>>82515501
nah, I'm not buying that.
>>
Can't decide if what John and Laurie are doing is right
on one hand they're helping people with closure on the other hand they're just plain lying to them and pretending to have some mystical powers +
>>
>>82515592
It's not a spectacle like those ghost medium talk shows, so I am okay with it.
>>
>>82513786
nigga every time that religious music, piano or whatever music is playing gets lauder and lauder until it suddenly stops is 10/10 on itself regardless of the stupid shit that happens the rest of the episode
>>
File: 6567505.jpg (63KB, 316x475px) Image search: [Google]
6567505.jpg
63KB, 316x475px
Assassins is the name of the 6th book in the Left Behind series. The Anti-Christ is assassinated in it. Foreshadowing or just a random easter egg that Kevin asked for a book named Assassins?
>>
>>82513615

>S2 was better than S1

This board has the worst taste. S3 is JUST reddit tier.
>>
>>82515545

>not buying that

Just look at the scene where Nora interacts with the "scientists".
Like I said, when she enters the scene she's willing but acting smug and essentially poised to pick apart their process. By the time it ends she's weeping on the ground and begging them to take her in.

The "baby or cancer" question does not matter. Whatever she answered they would tell her the answer was wrong. The test is whether she would at that point become a believer or remain a skeptic.
>>
>>82515513
Loved the progression of the covers leading to the actual song at the end. Whoever does the music supervising is on point.
>>
>>82515629
Still enjoyable. Episode 4 was not reddit-tier though. Episode 3 was the most reddit episode yet. Love season 1 though, total pleb smasher of a season.
>>
If anyone is curious this smug bitch was talking in Russian and bullying Nora.
>21-52: she won't be able to handle it
>22-34: and now she shits herself
>42-36: we're wasting our time
>42-41: well, go on, explain it to her
>>
>>82514987
is that beard even real?
the sides look like it but the goatee looks off
>>
>>82515629
obvious b8 is obvious
>>
>>82515664
Why are Russians always portrayed as cold, heartless assholes in Western media? It's not 1986 anymore.
>>
>Nora
>name means light
>Lucifer the light bearer
>Durst
>Archaic past tense of Dare
>Means to challenge or provoke
>literally means defy/challenge light

Nora is the anti-christ.
bravo lindelhack
>>
File: nope.gif (2MB, 300x167px) Image search: [Google]
nope.gif
2MB, 300x167px
>>82513505
>best final season in history
youre obviously not a person who watched lost as it aired

I wont even touch this show after what those insincere jews pulled on LOST
>paint ourselves into a corner
>shit what do we do?
>all youre questions will be answered
followed by
>all youre questions will just lead to more questions so dont worry about it
followed by
>listen just throw in a lot of Christian imagery and biblical references and the goyim will eat it up
>entire show is about the destination
>finally get there, guys been driving you in circles while you have had to piss the entire time and tells you its about the ride, not the destination despite you repeatedly asking if this car is just heading to a shitty denny's for 3 hours, and when you get to denny's after he swears he's taking you somewhere else he puts the dissapointment on you for not enjoying the ride

and thats the exact feel I get from this show. Id love to give it a chance but I just cant with that name attached.
>>
File: 1479355798711.png (87KB, 300x291px) Image search: [Google]
1479355798711.png
87KB, 300x291px
>>82515171

He has thick black semi-long hair. I have the same shitty hairline but it's way more noticeable on me because my hair is incredibly thin and thus can't do shit to hide it.
>>
File: nora.png (840KB, 1275x711px) Image search: [Google]
nora.png
840KB, 1275x711px
Pure fucking kino. God I love this show.
>>
>>82514654

so cute

>>82515664

thanks mate
>>
>>82515787
sucks you were hurt like this!
>>
>>82515641
I like to believe that at the moment, they actually believe they have a machine that does what they say it does, even though it actually doesn't but tehy have no way of proving it. And they rejected her because she took the question too lightly.
>>
Was Kevin too mean to Nora? Who was in the wrong there?
>>
>>82515822
yep, this shot was great, cool scene overall, bravo lindelhack
can't wait for Fargo - more milfu in just 3 days
>>
>>82515858
he was definitely being a big meanie!
>>
>>82515787
>youre obviously not a person who watched lost as it aired

I was actually obsessed with LOST when it aired actually, like all the LOST chatrooms and forums and whatnot. I don't even care if the finale is shit, it won't negate how amazing the show has been so far.
>>
>>82515787

It's not the what, it's the how.

It's like, for example, watching Glengarry Glen Ross.
It's doesn't fucking matter whether they get the money from the leads.
What matters is how the characters play off of each other while scrambling to achieve their personal goals.

I mean the ending you want is to have Kevin fucking fly up into the sky where God appears and tells him heaven was real so you can get closure. Same thing with LOST. I bet you wanted the island to become a UFO and fly off into space or something.
>>
>>82515858
no and yes. Both were wrong and neither were.
>>
>>82515858
>Kevin is Christ
>Nora is the Anti-Christ
>"Who was in the wrong here?"

Gee I dunno
>>
File: e3YY2.gif (2MB, 357x296px) Image search: [Google]
e3YY2.gif
2MB, 357x296px
>>82515876
>>
>>82515876
i want the finale to end the same exact way the original Matrix ended.
>>
Probably the wrong place to ask but does anyone know what the librarian girl was saying to Kevin in Arabic?
>>
>new Richter Kino in this episode

I need this soundtrack.
>>
>>82515949

She tells him.

She says that she was praying for him because he is sick, or something to that effect.
>>
>>82515871
>I don't even care if the finale is shit, it won't negate how amazing the show has been so far.
This. I don't care about LOST ending, it was the best show, which you had to see ongoing when it actually aired. All the experience of talking and speculating on various forums and imageboards from one episode to another was brilliant, perfectly crafted mystery, the best thing a TV show could give to you.
>>
>>82515660

International Assasin being confirmed as in-world canon was indeed the most plebbit thing to do to The Leftovers
>>
>>82515982
among other things... yes
>>
>>82515496
>Ok, did JOHN write the book or did MATT write it?

>only thing I don't understand

Nigga have you ever read the Gospels of Jesus Christ? Matthew and John both contributed.
>>
>>82515972
Yes, but I was wondering what Muslim prayer it was in particular. I assume it has to have some relevancy/foreshadowing/etc.
>>
>>82515876
yeah but the same jewish bullshit of the art of arguing everything down to nothingness. so you can just pump out nothing of substance but the merit of its attempt with no end game or payoff.

>lets sucker the goyim again
>the rapture will surely confuse those red state knuckle draggers enough to watch it
>sucker them in with this, throw in lots of christian psuedo bullshit built on self absorbed characters in a character drama based entirely on the characters acting uncharacteristically
>you see its all about coping with loss
>thats why we had all those red herrings and bullshit plotlines as distracting filler

honestly never seen an episode. but from what I know of it its all just an insincere attempt to appeal to the same thing without any hint of substance
or am I way off? Im down for just character development in a show but it cant just be forced catharsis and cliffhangers that are reversed every other couple of episodes.
>>
>>82515982

Nigga, how the fuck could it not have been?

KEVIN LITERALLY FUCKING DIES.
>>
>>82516053
>honestly never seen an episode.
>but I'm going to argue about it like I have and know what I'm talking about
no further discussion necessary.
>>
>>82515625
What the fugg
>>
>>82516053
>what I know of it its all just an insincere attempt to appeal to the same thing without any hint of substance

could not be any wronger
>>
>>82516054
>Nigga
calm down, nigg**
>>
>>82515496
>>82515545
this
>>82516004
Just like in the New Testament each gospel will be written by Kevin's disciples.
>Book of Matt
>Book of John
>Book of Michael
>Book of Nora
>>
>>82516053
>honestly never seen an episode

Here's your (you).
>>
>>82516029
Well this is what Surah 81 was referencing:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/At-Takwir
>>
>>82516053

It seems like you think this show is just LOST 2.0 which is not correct at all.
>>
Can't believe the praise this literal garbage is getting on this board and in general. Fucking melodramatic magical realism drivel adapted from a shit-tier book. The characters are laughable and have no range: they're either 'muh rapture, muh coping with unexplained loss, woe is me' or blinded by the latest nonsense they latch onto to the point of absurdity (Nora and Matt in their fixation with Jarden, that stupid teenage black bitch that joins the GR, ever-clueless-looking Kevin as he gets suckered into some new bullshit that defies logic, and so on and on.)
"Character development" is the biggest meme on The Leftovers. In fact, nothing fucking develops that isn't driven by some lazy, insipid "mystery" or, worse, literal magic (see season 2 and 3). The only exception to this would be when Tom and Laurie were trying to rehabilitate GR members, but the rest is just a steaming pile of shit, mystery-bait, and grieving characters for the sake of grief.

The first season was one of the worst things shown on HBO and it should have been cancelled right there. I will say this: Patti (a literal fucking ghost) and Laurie were fantastic in season 2.
>>
>>82516122
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/At-Takwir

>And when the girl buried alive is asked for what sin was she killed

This line in particular is referencing the infanticide that Arab pagans used to commit (they would bury babies alive for whatever reason). Interesting parallels to the scene with Nora where she goes in that "coffin" and then is asked about killing a baby (to cure cancer). My only hope is that all of these allusions are building to something greater and aren't just Reza Aslan and Lindelof masturbating on paper.
>>
>>82515858
They were both in the wrong
Kevin because he knew what was going on and didn't confront her about it, he knew that really what she wanted to do wasn't a sting operation and if she qualified for "passing over" she would have used the machine
Nora was wrong because pretty much the same reason, abandoning Kevin for just a slight chance to see her kids again.
>>
>>82516230
>worst things shown on HBO
Out of curiosity, what are some tv shows you like?
>>
File: y24ItuF.jpg (698KB, 1936x1936px) Image search: [Google]
y24ItuF.jpg
698KB, 1936x1936px
Oh for fuck's sake, Damon..
>>
>>82516297
The Young Pope

Rome

Rick and Morty
>>
>>82516306

jej
>>
>>82516338
>Rick and Morty
>>
>>82516297
On HBO? The Wire, Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Deadwood, Band of Brothers, Boardwalk Empire.

Hell, Westworld looks like a masterpiece compared to The Leftovers.
>>
>>82516446
it's an intelligent show for someone with tastes as refined as mine.

Slightly quirky, nihilistic and a wicked sense of humor.

Right up my alley.
>>
>>82516515
Kek
>>
>>82516054

Not Kevin dying, m8. I'm talking about him talking to his father.
>>
File: Reddit and Memey.jpg (225KB, 677x882px) Image search: [Google]
Reddit and Memey.jpg
225KB, 677x882px
>>82516515
holy reddit
>>
>>82516606

That shit was telegraphed well in advance. Kevin Sr. wasn't just crazy.
>>
It's great to come to /tv/ looking for The Leftovers discussion and it's the first thread you see.Last week I had to scroll through loads of pages only to find the live thread, episode was barely discussed all week.I suspected it would different this week being a Kevin Jr and Nora episode tbf.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170508-005414.png (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170508-005414.png
1MB, 2560x1440px
Nora's gonna have a babby. Immaculate conception. I was suspicious in this shot but I was later positive about it when they mentioned her IUD.
>>
>>82516643

U 4 real? He literally went naked-crazy in the 10/14, also he passed a fucking lot of years hearing voices confined in a mental institution (from which he tried to escape), also he developed what (in seasons 1 and 2) seemed like a rare obsession with Cairo and Australia, also he punch the fuck out of the fatty police officer from season 1, also the major left him because he was crazy, also he got violent when Kevin Jr refused to accept the shitty NatGeo magazine he brought him with no explanation at all.

No, Kevin Sr. was VERY PROBABLY just crazy, OR (and just maybe) an angel sent by God, BUT THE WHOLE POINT OF THE SERIES WAS TO DO NOT HAVE A CONFIRMATION ABOUT IT, BECAUSE LET THE FUCKING MYSTERY BE
>>
>>82515410
Either he told him or he told Michael after he came back.I think there was a scene in season 2 with Michael processing all this presumably after Kevin told him.
>>
>>82516786
>No, Kevin Sr. was VERY PROBABLY just crazy, OR (and just maybe) an angel sent by God, BUT THE WHOLE POINT OF THE SERIES WAS TO DO NOT HAVE A CONFIRMATION ABOUT IT, BECAUSE LET THE FUCKING MYSTERY BE
Yep. All reasons why this show is fucking garbage.
>>
>>82515777

Trips of God but also despair because if that's true it will suck dick
>>
>>82516306
>>82516350
What is the bottom pic from?
>>
>>82516866
L O S T
>>
>>82515777
Jesus is the light-bringer aka Lucifer. If you're calling Satan Lucifer you're fucking up big-time.
>>
>>82515161
The proper answer is "I don't know"
>>
>>82513976
He stopped being a fucking beta to her
>>
can I get a quick rundown of what the fuck this show is and why you're all jerking each other off?
>>
>>82517303
2% of the population disappears without a trace. This causes problems. Everyone is sad.

And because were gay
>>
It's clear Kevin hasn't told Nora a thing about what went down in the hotel.Their relationship was honestly destined to fail.
>>
File: 1488174742209.jpg (44KB, 528x543px) Image search: [Google]
1488174742209.jpg
44KB, 528x543px
>tfw next week is a Matt episode
>>
I'm so sad this is the last season, fuck.It is coming to a logical end but they could have stretched it out for one more season.
>>
>>82516241
You don't get it do you?
Like the characters, you're desperate for meaning and you draw meaning from every piece of information. There is no definitive meaning, only the quest for it. And once you look for it, you can find it everywhere - doesn't mean it is right.
That's why there won't be an answer at the end of the show. The only answer there can be is how each character find a way to live with or without meaning in this world.
>>
>>82517083
are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>82518075
He is right, Satan and Lucifer are two different guys.
>>
The show rules. Can't wait for the Matt episode next week.
>>
>>82518100
lucifer was satans name before he got cast out of heaven, tard
>>
>>82516053
>>82515787
well fucking well
looks like someone who watches the show has confirmed my suspcicions
>>82516230
>>82516230
>>82516230

get fucked you teenage fem boys who think this show is great
>>
>>82515171
See
>>82514987
>>
>>82513729
I felt the exact same about the show a few weeks ago, now I feel like we are all here for a purpose fml
>>
>>82513574
>I didn'tlike the teenagers
Literally the smallest plotline in the entire series. You quit star wars because you didn't like Jawas.
>>
>>82514180
Ladies and gentlemen, the sjw version 2.0.
>>
keep shilling bros :)

Hopefully more 4channers will watch our garbage show!
>>
>>82518075
>>82518111
>lucifer was satans name before he got cast out of heaven, tard
This is debatable but even if this is true, all you have to do is look at the definition of Lucifer.

>Lucifer means light-bringer which is undoubtedly a compliment.
>Calling Satan Lucifer is complimenting the devil and at the same time blaspheming the true light-bringer(Jesus)

Was tough for me to accept, too.
>>
so did laurie hynotize kevin? that bitch is evie right?
>>
>>82513505
Great episode. Great fucking episode.
>>
>>82515620
This show manages to have the best and worst use of music I've ever seen in a series before. It's a trip, man.
>>
>>82518400
you're an idiot
>>
File: gday.jpg (87KB, 720x418px) Image search: [Google]
gday.jpg
87KB, 720x418px
Marathoning this now. I don't usually stop a show to shitpost but as an ausfag I literally kek'd out loud at this thing. It's scary just how accurate it is to the shitfest that is Australian morning shows.
>>
>>82515822
>when you witness trve kino
>>
Who is /yourguy/?

http://www.strawpoll.me/12920840
>>
>>82518838
I used to be ashamed of this kinda tv but then I realised the UK and US has the same exact shit
>>
Kevin's dad is pretty good actor with a great voice
>>
>>82518774
you're a blasphemer with no argument
>>
>>82514680
If they're operating under the premise that everyone was raptured or something similar then her response to their scenario could make her unworthy of going where the others went.
>>
>>82518415

The girl who plays Evie is listed as a series regular this season so I'm assuming Kevin will see more of her.
>>
>>82517588
>Matt will help someone and he dicked
>again
Stop
>>
Where can I find the take on me cover that plays when Nora is entering the "coffin" and Kevin is at the library? The trumpet version.
>>
Honestly I could watch a hundred more episodes of this show.
>>
>>82519070

THAT WOULD BE NONSENSICAL, OR AT LEAST INCONSISTENT, BECAUSE THE MAN WHO COMMITTED SELFIMMOLATION HAD ANSWERED "NO", AND REJECTED HIM.
>>
>>82514680
>Matt wouldn't kill the babby
>Nora would kill the babby
>Matt gets a kid
>Nora loses the blasian kid
>Matt's wife and child leave him
>Nora's bf wants a kid

it's like poetry, next week the rhyme sets in
>>
>>82517588

"MATTHEW'S" EPISODES MAKE ME FEEL ANGUISH.
>>
>>82516705
holy shit, nice
>>
>>82519176
NO ONE LAUGHS AT GOD IN A HOSPITAL

NO ONE LAUGHS AT GOD IN A WAR
>>
File: 1467707343278.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1467707343278.gif
2MB, 300x225px
>every time I see that Wu-Tang tattoo
>>
>>82513976

She had it coming. She treated him like shit.
>>
>The leftovers thread on /tv/

you guys are alright
>>
File: teef.jpg (65KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
teef.jpg
65KB, 640x480px
I read two sentences of the premise. I am going to guess what the show contains based on those two sentences, since I don't want to read any more.

>Christfag angst
>Christfag self hate
>Christfag mysticism
>Teen christfag angst
>"suspense" without actual tension
>annoying teenagers
>stupid adults
>wild speculation presented as "deep" lore
>one or two based characters that almost make it watchable
>an annoying roastie that ruins episodes by being unlikeable and boring, inserted as a character for the female audience

How close am I?
>>
File: evie.jpg (115KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
evie.jpg
115KB, 1280x720px
>>82514252

Was kevin onto something?
>>
>>82515806

Try coconut oil. It adds a little thickness.
>>
Take on me on a fucking trumpet.
>>
Greater good fags BTFO, no edgy fucks allowed on departure train.

Overall great episode but I remembered why seasons 1 and 2 were so frustrating: characters are angry as fuck, repressed as fuck and yet never talk about their issues, only a couple of offhand remarks here and there. I mean LOST was often the same but there people had shit to do, here everything that they do turns around them being one trigger away from losing their mind. Also "plot twist" was laughable.
>>
>>82515707
it's a depiction of reality
>>
File: nora_smoking.jpg (152KB, 1051x616px) Image search: [Google]
nora_smoking.jpg
152KB, 1051x616px
>>82513505

anyone agree?
>>
>>82513574
>triggered by teenagers

emotionally damaged woman detected
>>
>>82516705

> Immaculate conception
> posts a pic of her getting railed doggystyle out-of-wedlock in a public bathroom

(I agree she is preggers though its heavily hinted throughout)
>>
So it is really all coming down to judgment day?
>>
>>82516705
Yep, antichrist.

Kevin is Jesus,Nora is Satan.
>>
>>82519111

It might be Reel Big Fish
>>
>>82520362

This. Nora is going to birth the Antichrist.
>>
@82516053
(You)
>>
>>82520365
Nah, can confirm it's not RBF
>>
>>82519425
Nothing pretty much.

It is about normal people going insane over unexplainable disappearance of their close ones.
>>
>>82515806
Stop using shampoo. Rub some natural oils into your scalp after showering. This is a good idea >>82519514 Avocado oil, jojoba oil and even regular extra virgin olive oil are great too. Source: my ex gf
>>
File: 1493862356186.png (25KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1493862356186.png
25KB, 160x160px
>>82520014
But self-immolation man from the previous ep answered with "no" and got rejected as well.
>>
>>82519425
I will give you a pity (You).

>Christfag mysticism

That is literally the only one you got right.
>>
>>82520612

In the last thread we speculated that it was a trick question. Like "a son and his father" riddle.

The one chick who was on her phone believed that the system was a trick.

Both her and Nora applied Bayesian logic to their individual conundrums, but they were looking for her not to do that with the one presented via the baby question.

Remember the physicist said she didn't like the odds (of the location being good), and that she had everything she needed here. Nora then assumed she was looking for proof of some sort of firm commitment to do something terrible regardless of how morally good the outcome is. One baby vs literal billions over a long enough timeline.

When in fact they were looking to see why she would care about either baby in the first place. If she truly wanted to be with her family, why would she care about the wellbeing of the baby or humanity? Because she couldn't figure that out, she failed.
>>
>>82520734
Excuse me:

>believed that the system worked was just a trick for Nora.
>>
Woah
>>
>>82518838
The US has the same shit. I thought they just copied those shitty shows except put in Australian accents.
>>
>>82515876

lol female soap-opera addict detected
>>
File: image_3.png (2MB, 1282x650px) Image search: [Google]
image_3.png
2MB, 1282x650px
>>82514722
all white microdicks are small compared to BBC
>>
Are there no subs yet? Can't find them on subscene
>>
who're the teenagers some anon complained about above and in what way were they annoying?
>>
>>82513574
I liked the sexual tension between the father and the friend
>>
>>82513738
Maybe 6 feet under(but really in some small ways), but way ,way more interesting, weird, without stupid bullshit(even if it feels as bullshit at moments,until end of season everything fells into place so perfectly, it makes you wish you made this show).
Also, every season is so different from another(from colors,filmografy).
At core,idea is dumb, something unexplainable happens, so INA way if one unreal stuff happened ,why shouldn't another even if it makes no sense, on other hand, characters try to find meaning of it all, and on brink of finally figuring shit out, they do remember that first thing actually happened.
Tl;Dr
How to stay sane when insane looks more sane...
>>
>>82516705
Immaculate conception =/= miraculous conception ya turd
>>
>>82514620
Huh. I just noticed baby on the wall. Interesting.
>>
>>82514703
Getting a full-sized grand out of a second story is a all-day affair. You can't use stairs; you have to go out a window. If it wasn't particularly valuable it might be cheaper to just leave it.

Tuning a grand, meanwhile, is not terrible hard if you know what you're doing and have the tools.
>>
>>82519111
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FUrbV03qGE
This is the closest I could find spending 60 seconds in Google. It could be Empire Brass or another group that does pop arrangements. Obviously it's done in a studio.
>>
>>82522568
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYrcNLC8wMc
As cucked as Sepinwall has become now, he's still useful for music in TV shows
>>
>>82522616
Nice, them bitches is sexy
>>
>>82515171
He looks more like his American Psycho character than anything, here
>>
File: 1476611886462.png (285KB, 476x530px) Image search: [Google]
1476611886462.png
285KB, 476x530px
>>82515787
>Laying all the blame on Lindeloff

J.J. you need to stop posting in these threads. I know you're the real hack you shifty fucking Jew.
>>
Just started watching it yesterday and i'm on episode 8 of season one right now, is season 2 better?
>>
Nora is definitely going to be pregnant. It was pretty much confirmed for me during the physical scene.
>>
File: shanedog.webm (878KB, 786x720px) Image search: [Google]
shanedog.webm
878KB, 786x720px
>that preview for the Matt episode next week

looks fuckin bananas, can't wait
>>
>>82522862
pretty much the same, maybe a little better

still miles ahead of anything else airing now
>>
>>82515641
>>82519111
Version by genie Barbie
>>
>>82513892
>Better Call Saul sucks ass.
I can't understand how more people don't realize that. It's literally a meme show.
>>
>>82514620
Such a good actress.
>>
This episode made me uncomfortable
>>
Was that the last Kevin and Nora scene we will see with them together?
>>
>>82524261
yes, excluding dream/purgatory scenes
>>
File: 1461277837325.jpg (48KB, 490x490px) Image search: [Google]
1461277837325.jpg
48KB, 490x490px
>>82514252
>mfw
>>
>>82514680
Because she was hesitant, and then she went edgy.
>>
>>82520734
They just wanted her to nod or shake her head. She went too far in her reasoning. She applied seasoning to their simple, hypothetical question.
>>
>>82518167
>>82516053
>>82515787
>>82516230
>>82516230
kys
>>
>>82516450
>Hell, Westworld looks like a masterpiece compared to The Leftovers.
actually fucking kys please
the only show you listed there that is as good or better is sopranos. deadwood isn't even a show you stupid faggot. band of brothers? k y s.
>>
>>82515077
kek
>>
>>82515171
JUST
>>
>>82514680
i'm wondering why they didn't tae nora too

the man who set himself on fire gave the opposite answer to the question and still wasn't accepted so there must be something else to it
>>
>>82516053
>jewish
you have to go back
>>
File: 1493208552564.jpg (57KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1493208552564.jpg
57KB, 645x773px
>still no english subtitles
>>
>>82524790
>deadwood isn't even a show you stupid faggot

wtf does that mean
>>
File: file.png (243KB, 574x316px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
243KB, 574x316px
>Will you kill a baby to cure cancer?
They are assessing if you still care about the world. You can't care about babies or cancer if you want to go through.
>>
File: file.png (30KB, 850x180px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
30KB, 850x180px
>>82520425
guy on leddit says the book in the library was about assassinating the antichrist (could have been last season tho)
>>
>>82516450
Lindelof hates westworld with a passion because hes one of the characters.
>>
>>82518838
what was he trying to convey with this pose?
>>
>>82525609
>implying lidnelof reads

he probably thinks leftovers is nothing but totally original ideas.
>>
>>82525526

no they're not. the guy who set himself on fire answered no.
>>
>>82519111

Ghengis Barbie. Look it up on YouTube.
>>
File: damonlindelof-news.jpg (254KB, 2070x1380px) Image search: [Google]
damonlindelof-news.jpg
254KB, 2070x1380px
DUDE SO MYSTERIOUS LMAO
>>
>>82525873
but he cared about the baby's life.
You have to answer 'what does it matter'
>>
Quick: stupidest ending you can think of!

Everyone that departed was just teleported forward in time 8 years, they all come back, and everyone is super confused about how meaningless the last 8 years were!
>>
File: this is fine.jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
this is fine.jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
>Kevin and Nora broke up

;_;
>>
>>82526220
It was aliens.
>>
File: kino.jpg (348KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kino.jpg
348KB, 1280x720px
>>82526257
>>
>>82526220
Kevin dies.
>>
that physicist with the glasses was qt as fuck
>>
>>82526220

last shot is a Lost tie in
>>
>>82526257
t-t-they will reunite by the end of the season right bros? ;_;
>>
>>82526523

I got the feeling that was the last time they are gonna be together
>>
>>82513756
People keep forgetting John's son was told about what happened immediately after Kevin came back.
>>
>>82526220
kevin was dead the whole time
>>
>>82514180
God you're a faggot.
>>
>>82526220
>laurie is suddenly several months pregnant in an instant

my
fetish
>>
>>82526889
Not to mention Kevin himself probably told Matt. I mean he called the guy after Patty killed herself at the cabin, he seems like a guy you could tell shit to.
>>
>>82514680
>>82514866
>>82519139
>>82519139
>>82524544
>>82525203
Ep 3 the guy who set himself on fire in the desert said he wasn't accepted because he wouldn't kill the baby.

They don't give a shit about your answer, it's just another test to see what you do about the rejection
>>
File: 1488341838508.jpg (51KB, 350x392px) Image search: [Google]
1488341838508.jpg
51KB, 350x392px
>>82515410
KEVIN TOLD BLACK KID (JOHN'S SON) ABOUT IT FIRST.
>>
Wait what's Kevin's issue with Nora?
That she's still clinging to her departed family?
>>
>>82527153
he knows that she didn't go to australia to investivate / bust the scam, but actually believes it and wants to die / get transported to meet her kids

Are we even watching the same show? Put the phone down when you watch kino anon.
>>
>>82527153
her identity is steeped in victimhood and it disgusts him
>>
>>82514252
>>
>>82516515
lmao (you)
>>
>>82513892
I had the exact same epiphany when watching the Wire for the first time during season 4 of Breaking Bad.
>>
>>82514654
>A-HA!!!!
Legit just like my cute animes
>>
>>82520969
Saws on this?
>>
>>82514252
>hfw i pull my dick out and start jacking in public
>>
>>82515592
They're lying to them now so they won't go to a real charlatan who will lie to them worse and take more of their money, or turn to a cult for answers
>>
>>82515625
International Assassin, the purgatory story he chose
>>
>>82526966
Yeah, good point I completely forgot he ended up calling Matt after that incident.
>>
>Are you afraid you'll give that one up too
I have such a fetish for these "over the line" insults in shows and movies that make everything fall apart after. "That's what the money if for" in Mad Men is my favorite

Pumped for Matt to visit riverboat Sodom next week.
>>
>>82516705
>Nora's gonna have a babby. Immaculate conception.

ahhh

Did anyone else notice the final shot is also a direct reference to the virgin mary too? it's a famous statue, i think.
>>
Think we find out Matt's cancer is back next week?
>>
>>82513505
The episode was great but went too far into the "Kevin is just seeing things" territory for my liking, it's usually not as unambiguous
>>
>>82528019
It was time to clear things up.
>>
>>82528019
Well, keep in mind that it was because Kevin Jr thought that he saw Evie that Kevin Sr was able to find him, which can lead to the whole theory of Kevin Jr having some divine destiny
>>
Seeing Nora get BTFO in this episode was fucking great. She really had it coming
>>
File: American-Psycho.jpg (48KB, 955x402px) Image search: [Google]
American-Psycho.jpg
48KB, 955x402px
>>82515171
He looks better now than ever
>>
>>82525230
http://www.addic7ed.com/serie/The_Leftovers/3/4/G%27Day%2C_Melbourne
>>
>>82528514
his hairline reminds me of dubs
>>
>>82515171
I'm pretty sure they made his hairline look shitty on purpose in that pic.
His real one is here >>82528514, it's still the same now but it doesn't look like shit because of suitable haircuts
>>
How do you guys think they are going to resolve the shit with Kevin and Nora within two episodes? Since episode 5 is a Matt episode and episode 6 is a Laurie episode. I feel like the main plotline might get rushed desu
>>
File: 1485872043114.jpg (197KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1485872043114.jpg
197KB, 1280x853px
>>82528842
they won't resolve anything, it will all come tumbling down
>>
>>82528842
Yup. Not sure why they couldn't just do a full season of episodes. We still have the smokers what donwe do with them? Drone bomb.
>>
>>82518400

Except there's not even one passage in which Jesus is called Lucifer, senpai.
>>
>>82528842
Laurie episode is confirmed to have both Kevin and Nora in it. Plus in trailers we see Laurie, John and Michael at Grace's house (no Matt though strangely). I figure Kevin and Nora will be resolved in episode 8, each season has ended with families coming together and I think this one will as well. Nora is most definitely pregnant too many hints in this episode.
>>
File: 1438960056919.jpg (24KB, 470x437px) Image search: [Google]
1438960056919.jpg
24KB, 470x437px
>>82528967
>no Matt though strangely
>>
>>82528019
this whole season has been about (apparently) debunking the supernatural. in the first episode Dean gets discredited as a crackpot. season 2 opens with tower guy dying, then segues into a story about how he Departed.

contrast to season 2 which was 2spooky all the time with dead birds coming back to life, whole lakes getting drained and matt's wife waking up from a coma. oh and kevin going to purgatory.
>>
>>82529043
episode* 2 opens with tower guy, meant to say
>>
>>82522354
bravo damon
>>
>>82526220

Kevin is a dog
>>
>>82529027
I worry he might not make it but, he is seen talking to the Bridge man in the trailer. I am pretty sure his cancer is back based on E2 and E3.
>>
>>82513505

Someone can give mr tl.dr of this show? As I understand its events after rapture. But how are supernatural events portrayed there? Are they as ridiculous and asspulled and twisted as in the show supernatural and I shouldnt bother or its actually a quality show?
>>
>>82513574
absolutely nothing, just shills
>>
>>82529270
Is it back because he leaves? What did he mean by this!
>>
>>82529351
it's a show for women
>>
>>82529351
If someone gave you a tl;dr of this show it would sound absolutely ridiculous. It's something that you just have to watch.
>>
>>82529351
watch it, don't be a cuck
>>
>>82528842
>Laurie episode

worse than K*te
>>
>>82528842
I think they can do a lot in two episodes. Especially as the last two.
>>
>>82529380
Episode 2 he has a bleeding nose when Nora walks in on him and in E3 he is up in the middle of the night sweating his ass off when Kevin Sr calls him.
>>
>>82529351
its actually the worst show on television and I don't think you would like it very much
>>
so what the fuck was the explosion? it must've been pretty big since all flights are grounded. did somebody get nuked?
>>
>>82529891
We will find out next episode. Remember the guy with his hand on a trigger in the trailer for S3?
>>
>>82529891
Matt did a bad thing so Kevin wouldn't leave
>>
I didn't hear what the thing with the dude in the Airport was about? His package was contraband? Why was he screaming, and what about?
>>
>>82529239
That would be awesome
>>
>>82529963
Isn't it the opposite? Doesn't Matt want Kevin to leave Australia and come back to Miracle?
>>
>>82530037
It was a radiation suit
>>
Why were those guys so autistic about who they were going to send through the machine? Why does it even matter?
>>
>>82530229
What makes them autistic?
>>
>>82530229
There's no machine
>>
Make a new thread or something, I want to gush out over this kino and receive many (You)s
>>
>>82516280
also nora is wrong because she accept kevins instanity
>>
>>82517083
>satan and lucifer are two different people

well shit, i feel silly now, no wonder the people at church were so unfriendly
>>
season 3 > season 2 > season 1
>>
>>82530229
It's a pyramid scheme. Actor guy didn't get sent until he roped in another 20k for them
>>
>>82530718
oh shit
>>
>>82513505
Too bad no one watches it
>>
>>82526220
it was purgatory the whole time
>>
>>82530834
well, people watch it. Most have figured out by now that its trash. All that's left are the navel gazers who see themselves and their struggles in every line of dialogue.

>DUDE I GOT A WUTANG TATOO AND JUMPED ON A TRAMPOLINE TOO LMAO
>>
>>82525621
wait what? who's lindelof supposed to be?
>>
>>82524790
>kys
Typical shit-for-taste contrarian dipshit. It's a waste of time trying to argue with you, I bet you gobbled up all the pointless "lol so randum xD" vignettes, rehashed Biblical imagery, and 2deep4u metaphysical redherrings that litter up this catastrophe of a "show" like the good cumguzzler you are. This is nothing less than lazy storytelling that tries to pass itself as some kind of mediation on misery (i.e. melodrama). Now this might actually work if it weren't for the hack writers sprinkling literal magic every episode to move this disaster of a plot. But that's fine, as long as you recognize it as shoddy narrative, which are oblivious to. Shitovers compared to Westworld is like that talentless modern art drivel that makes Bob Ross's dull, but cogent mountain and cloud scenery look like a fucking gem.
>>
>>82531070
meditation on misery*
>>
>>82527639
>I have such a fetish for these "over the line" insults in shows and movies that make everything fall apart after.
fuck yes, now you're talking my language; i love this too...
Better Call Saul has a lot of those moments between Chuck and Jimmy...
i can recommend "Revolutionary Road" to you, it's a movie about a nuclear family in the 60s, Kate Winslet and Leonardo Dicaprio as husband and wife, directed by Sam Mendes. It's a bit like an intense Mad-Men-movie with some great arguing scenes between Leo and Kate. It's really underrated and Michael Shannon has some movie-stealing scenes.
>>
>>82518400
>>Lucifer means light-bringer which is undoubtedly a compliment.
Don't be so sure. You'd think eating the fruit of Knowledge would be a + but God would rather humans be retarded I guess

Christianity is filled with backwards shit
>>
>>82531169
>implying that gaining consciousness wasn't a net negative as a whole for humanity
>>
>>82513505
Matt is gonna be PISSED next episode, the Garveys really fucked him on the book
>>
File: musk cha cha cha.gif (89KB, 287x713px) Image search: [Google]
musk cha cha cha.gif
89KB, 287x713px
>>82531200
Yeah you're right I'd much rather we were all eating bugs in the Garden instead of going to Mars
>>
File: 1480333136477.jpg (59KB, 640x560px) Image search: [Google]
1480333136477.jpg
59KB, 640x560px
>one of the episodes is titled The Most Powerful Man in the World (and His Identical Twin Brother)
Could this have something to do with the twins question?
>>
>>82526220
It was ze Germenz!
>>
>>82531257
You actually would prefer eating bugs if you were not a brainlet.
>>
>>82516004
holy shit I just got that
>>
>>82516103
Laurie will, since Luke was a considered a learned man
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.