[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

THE GODFATHER SUCKS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 12

File: godfather.jpg (11KB, 182x268px) Image search: [Google]
godfather.jpg
11KB, 182x268px
>regarded as one of the best
>complete and total fucking shit

Why does this movie get held up in such high regard, /tv/? Nothing about this movie is good. Marblown Rando hamms up his entire role and barely makes it bearable to watch, the pacing is fucking awful, and the movie is pretentious as fuck. If I wanna watch an actual good gangster movie, I'm watching Goodfellas.
>>
>>82268152

I agree.

It's a hedonist's flick. A power hungry mongoloid mafia gang that lacks competence.

People who like this movie are degenerate.
>>
>underage &b
>>
>>82268237

>can't debate for shit
>nothing to fall back on
>desperately looking around for something
>"U-underage!"
>>
>>82268196
>judging a film based on your morals

kys my friend
>>
>>82268302

>judging an anon based on his morals

kys my friend
>>
>>82268321
>judging an anon based on his judgements

kys my friend
>>
>>82268152
Didn't you make this same thread two days ago?
>>
>>82268363
>judging an anon judging you based on his judgements

kys my friend
>>
>>82268152

good to see underage contrarian faggots are no more contaminated in leddit
>>
>>82268464
>can't debate for shit
>nothing to fall back on
>desperately looking around for something
>"U-underage!"
>"Reddit!"
>>
File: image.jpg (171KB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171KB, 1280x544px
Beautifully shot, mysterious and melancholic ?
https://youtu.be/-qHXloT9FNk
>>
>>82268596

Why exactly am I supposed to be impressed with that scene?
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 960x414px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 960x414px
>>82268859

It's not very invigorating I know. In 'Gangs of New York' we see newspapers with two narrators -- DiCaprio and an unidentified man -- who tell us who was shot and where everyone is running to, but nothing of the protagonists internal thoughts or the wider political situation. It's street-level activity, socially-oriented but not personal or broad.

In 'Goodfellas' there's a somewhat different scene where we see Polaroids of the guys hanging out. I think it's just as good as the scene posted but while they're comparable the context and aim are different.

>unrelated note, has Polanski ever made a formal mob film?
>>
>>82268152
>Nothing about this movie is good. Marblown Rando hamms up his entire role and barely makes it bearable to watch, the pacing is fucking awful, and the movie is pretentious as fuck. If I wanna watch an actual good gangster movie, I'm watching Goodfellas.
>>
>>82268294
>>i sound like im 15 because i am

kys before trump drafts you and some chink kills you son
>>
So you're just going to make the same thread every day like that guy who also makes threads about space odyssey?
>>
>>82268152
you can hate this movie and have bad taste,its not ofensive to me.
and the movie is good.
>>
>The Godfather sucks!
>2001 is boring
EVERY SINGLE FUCKING WEEK

FOR YEARS

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU STUPID FAGGOT REDDITORS
>>
>>82269262

>talking about movies
>brings up politics

Great argument faggot. Trip into a bear trap.
>>
You need to have strong family ethics to enjoy these movies
>>
>>82268410
>judging anything

>>
>pick very popular and universally acclaimed film
>come to /tv/
>say it sucks
>reap the (You)'s
>repeat
>>
>>82268152
it's just old people liking it

honestly no one of those so called classics made before I was born turned out to be actually good
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 600x450px
I like the way Coppola sets up this giant family event, making it believable and interesting, but then makes the scene about Michael and Kay - their romance and their view of politics. Scorsese would make the scene about the wedding itself, which wouldn't have worked in that instance.

The Godfather is an intellectual problem, maybe a small-scale one like an afternoon game of 'Clue!' but you get a sense that this rogue agency has been penetrated by a rat like Tom Hagen.

On a subtextual level, we know Hagen's doing the right thing but we also know he's lying to the family. It messes with your head a bit...we started off by relating to Michael, and in Part II, we're tempted to care about the people around Michael -- the people who are apparently trying to do good things.
>>
HE WAS BANGING COCK TAIL WAITRESSES TWO AT A TIME
>>
>/tv/ doesn't like good movie

What else is new?
>>
>>82270048

Old people say it's a masterpiece and young people buy it.
>>
>you have shit taste
>you want to be an edgy contrarian
pick one. inB4 granpa detected.
>>
File: image.jpg (84KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 800x450px
>Imagine if Coppola opened the movie with the wedding, but zoomed in on Tom Hagen instead of Michael and Kay.

>Maybe Michael is sitting just a few tables away from Tom, but we can't hear what he's saying.

Why didn't he do it, is it because we're supposed to identify with Michael, or would that have given Coppola's game away by asking us to relate to the one man who appears to be undercover?
>>
File: image.jpg (182KB, 1341x753px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
182KB, 1341x753px
The Godfather opens by having us relate to the villain. That changes by the end of the trilogy.

Here's a movie that opens by having us relate to the do-gooder but switches tack and eventually we end up cheering for the villain. https://youtu.be/6HBytoAJn0Y
>>
I mean it certainly isnt bad, fuck the performances and by all the legendary actors are great, but why is it always rank 1 on every list?
>>
>>82272137

It shouldn't even be on the list at all
>>
Yeah I also think it was shitty. Just a complete bore from beginning to end. And it's not a slow burn; there was no payoff.
>>
>>82273530

You say it's boring to anyone and they immediately fly off the fucking handle, lobbing insults left and right.
>>
File: 1448210184991.gif (184KB, 500x733px) Image search: [Google]
1448210184991.gif
184KB, 500x733px
>>82270048
>honestly no one of those so called classics made before I was born turned out to be actually good
>>
>>82270879
>we end up cheering for the villain
not even close
>>
>>82273530
>payoff
>>
>>82268152
James Caan's improv alone.

Are you ADHD or just Chinese?
>>
Name a better scene
https://youtube.com/watch?v=kSQqv2UuvC0
>>
>>82274424
Sorry it's Tailor that is based on Philby, right? And Smiley is based on this guy: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Bingham,_7th_Baron_Clanmorris

But outside of that context, you can read it differently.
>>
>>82270048
>honestly no one of those so called classics made before I was born turned out to be actually good
this is why most people born after 1980 should be legally executed.
i was born in 1991 btw.
>>
>>82274568
This scene is absolute fucking kino, but it's a standout from the rest of this bore of a flick. If the entire movie could be as good as this part then it would deserve its reputation.
>>
ITT: call OP an underage redditor without actually refuting any of his points or making any intellectual defense of the movie
>>
>>82275072
>Marlon Brando hams it up and barely makes it bearable to watch
no he doesn't
>the pacing is fucking awful
it actually isn't
>the movie is pretentious as fuck
no it isn't

give it a rest will ya OP
>>
>>82274568
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CDlBLvc3YE
>>
>>82275072
None of his points are valid, he's just saying "This is bad because i say so". He doesn't bring any evidence that claims he is right, he's been doing the same thread for almost a week now and he gets BTFO everytime.
>>
File: jake.webm (527KB, 832x720px) Image search: [Google]
jake.webm
527KB, 832x720px
>replying to bait

cmon /tv/ you're better than this
>>
File: niggaplease.jpg (60KB, 367x302px) Image search: [Google]
niggaplease.jpg
60KB, 367x302px
>>82268152
dude, it came out in like 1973..
at the time was VERY violent,controversial etc
movies are way diff today,grasshopper
>>
File: IMG_0233.gif (494KB, 500x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0233.gif
494KB, 500x240px
>>82268152
Meh ... It's YOU, anon !!!
>>
File: 5684888.jpg (23KB, 385x385px) Image search: [Google]
5684888.jpg
23KB, 385x385px
>>82276266
I was just thinking that.

>it's another godfather sucks episode
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.