[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disney Parks thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 403
Thread images: 72

File: DL vs WDW.jpg (61KB, 620x330px) Image search: [Google]
DL vs WDW.jpg
61KB, 620x330px
Which one /tv/?
>>
>>81319552
Disneyworld is much bigger, but I've never been to Disneyland.
>>
>>81319755
Best ride?
>>
>>81319770
I was there decades ago. I really can't make an informed suggestion. I liked thunder mountain
>>
>>81319552
I went to both as a kid the one in florida is way better.
>>
>>81319552
how is this even a question. Disney World all the way. Even the castle looks better.

I hate how Disneyland is the one that's always talked about, it doesn't hold a candle, really
>>
Is it even a contest? Unless you're some oldfag you go to fucking disney world

I've been to both. Disney World can keep you occupied even if you go there every year for a week for decades. Disneyland is too small (the magic kingdom alone is larger and has more attractions) and California Adventure is shit.
>>
File: KP disney.png (445KB, 588x387px) Image search: [Google]
KP disney.png
445KB, 588x387px
>>81319939
Disneyland is a meme because celebs go there to be seen, while at Disney World they are typically ushered behind closed doors.

>You will never tittyfuck Katy Perry in the castle suite
>>
The crowds have ruined both. It fucking sucks going there 90% of the year and it only gets worse.
>>
>>81320018
>not wanting to wait 1 hour to ride for 5 minutes on anything popular.
>>
>>81319552
fuckin high tension lines behind disneyland castle
>>
>>81319897
There's apparently a big difference in the people who come to both. Land is much more accessible to people who live there who have all year passes. World, otoh, is much more exclusive and caters to tourists more. That's why there's a difference in the level off a-holes. When a ride is broken, World crowd complain because they paid a lot of money to get there. Land crowd, on the other hand, are much more obnoxious about it because they think they own the place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZd9k4Q_Qx0
>>
>>81320119
>Disney Podcast
What happens here? Are there cliques and feuds?
>>
>>81320018
Oh yeah, you remember a time when Disneyland wasn't crowded huh?
>>
drake bell thread
>>
File: 15638789843651.jpg (946KB, 1920x1281px) Image search: [Google]
15638789843651.jpg
946KB, 1920x1281px
why would anyone choose disneyland over wdw?
>>
>>81320119
I went as a kid i really don't remember any complaining. And my family are rollercoaster junkies my grandma actually owned a roller coaster and all her family owned parks. So i have been to pretty much every major park in the usa. So waiting for anride never bothered me.

The original wooden coaster at the six flags in san antonio was nuts but people kept getting hurt. The best park for just coaster experience is probably busch gardens virginia

The holocaust of parks was astroworld. RIP in peace.
>>
>>81320295
because if you've ever actually been to the epcot center and surrounding attractions you'd know it sucks fucking dick
>>
>>81320295
Is that to absolute maximum saturation you can get in photoshop?
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 662x712px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 662x712px
>>81320119
>trying to suck /tv/ into following the disney theme-park clique feuds
this is deepest lore
>>
>>81320269
No, the first time I visited was two years ago and it was a shitshow. I'm not insinuating that it was once better, maybe I should have phrased it differently, but the crowds made the two day trip unbearable. Being ushered around everywhere like cattle and waiting hours in line isn't magical or special.
>>
File: Dreamfinder.jpg (185KB, 330x504px) Image search: [Google]
Dreamfinder.jpg
185KB, 330x504px
>>81320346
>Doesn't like science, technology and Figment
>>
>>81320359
it's all natural lighting. welcome to the magic of disney world
>>
File: T1.jpg (237KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
T1.jpg
237KB, 3000x3000px
>>81320346
I loved Epcott, especially getting to Meet Mr. Stephen Twinning, one of the heirs to the Twinning Tea Company, Tea so old it was probably the Tea dumped into the Boston Harbor. He even had Genuine British Teeth. Nice guy.
>>
>>81320415
Go there when it first opens in mid-september or the first week in january. It'll be empty.
>>
>tfw lost my virginity in disney world
>>
>>81320424
downtown disney and california adventure >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the disney world exclusive stuff
>>
File: tds1.jpg (707KB, 4014x2496px) Image search: [Google]
tds1.jpg
707KB, 4014x2496px
A cousin who I have spy cams on the bathroom on is going to visit Disney Sea in Tokyo this year. What should she expect?
>>
File: Belle.jpg (83KB, 1000x450px) Image search: [Google]
Belle.jpg
83KB, 1000x450px
>>81320476
Story anon
>>
>>81320476
Where'd he fuck you?
>>
>>81320495
As much as i love rollercoasters i have never been to one outside the usa. When i go overseas i normally go to historical sites and nature parks.
>>
getting absolutely bombed in epcot is one of my favorite past times
>>
>>81319552
Disney World is bigger and better. Even if you're on the West Coast it's worth it to go to World over Land.
>>
best ride to jack off on?
>>
>>81320495
you shouldn't expect much while she is away
>>
>>81320599

The Finding Nemo ride
>>
>>81320599
mr toads wild ride
>>
Let's say that Disney attractions are songs by your favorite band. In that context...

Disney World is their entire discography
Disneyland is their Greatest Hits

Disney World as a whole (parks + hotels + all other stuff) is superior to what the Disneyland Resort offers, but when you compare only the the original Disneyland park to its Disney World copy, Magic Kingdom, the Disneyland Park is superior (all the history attached to it, only park where Walt Disney himself walked through, etc.).
>>
File: HM Bride.jpg (39KB, 427x640px) Image search: [Google]
HM Bride.jpg
39KB, 427x640px
>>81320599
>Dark
>No cameras
>Sexy characters
>>
>>81320495

I was there last month. It's fucking amazing. Me and my sister went on the mountain ride like 10 times.
>>
>>81320654
How bad are the lines compared to World?
>>
The one you fucking grew up around. I lived in California and went maybe 10 times in my childhood. I love that park.

World is pretty much the same shit but spread across 4 Parks.

Personally I prefer that Disneyland is a much bigger park than the Magic Kingdom. They made it so that Magic Kingdom skews to a younger demographic more or less. You know they put Indiana Jones and Star Tours in the Hollywood Park in Florida which is fine and all but I think Disneyland Park just caters to everyone.

Now here's one thing where there's no debate though, Universal Studios Orlando blows Universal Studios Hollywood out of the fucking water. It's just true.

Knott's Berry Farm and Six Flags Magic Mountain are the real unsung heroes. Dirt Cheap and awesome rides.
>>
>Disney World thread on /tv/

How many times have you guys been?

I've been there 16 times, going again this Summer
>>
>>81320519
>>81320537
This was the summer when my working out had finally started to show so I had some confidence.
>get really fucking drunk in epcot
>really fuck drunk
>by the time night rolls around, it starts pouring really hard florida rain
>everything is flooding
>find some shelter near the park entrance and try to wait it out
>start talking with some girl who had the same idea
>place we were waiting at starts flooding more and more so we have to get closer
>and basically one thing leads to another and she starts grinding on me in the freezing rain as people are running through the rain a few feet from us
>>
>>81320519
>yfw the belle at disneyworld is more attractive and a better representation of the character than Emma Watson
>>
>>81320672

On busy days, just as bad. Tower of Terror was like 90-100 minutes. Toy Story was consistently over 100. Gotta get there early.
>>
>>81319770
Always liked Splash Mountain the best, seems to be biggest bang for your buck

Riding something like Rock N Rollercoaster feels like a ripoff after the hour or so wait because it's so short, but Splash Mountain lasts a long time. Plus it's got some decent thrills and a catchy theme tune.
And supposedly racist source material that I've never seen.
>>
>>81320673
>Knott's Berry Farm
havent been there in years. thanks for reminding me I have to plan a visit soon
>>
File: Smiling.jpg (17KB, 200x173px) Image search: [Google]
Smiling.jpg
17KB, 200x173px
>>81320346
>because if you've ever actually been to the epcot center and surrounding attractions you'd know it sucks fucking dick

TFW when he doesn't know that the World Showcase section serves booze and you can go drinking around the world.
>>
Universal Studios trumps all

Seriously though, Harry Potter world blew me the fuck out the water with the level of immersion and amazing design. I'm not even a Harry Potter fan and I loved it
>>
File: meanwhile-at-mc-donalds.jpg (52KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
meanwhile-at-mc-donalds.jpg
52KB, 720x960px
>>81320599
This is actually a good question. It's hard to resist the urge when you're a kissless virgin and see girls wearing shorts like pic related.
>>
>>81320681
>>Disney World thread on /tv/

Man, a few years back, we tried a /disney/ thread on /co/. Great first thread but the ensuing OPs couldn't make decent enough openings.
>>
>>81320737
i miss the fucking jaws ride
>>
File: Ariel wdw.jpg (92KB, 696x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Ariel wdw.jpg
92KB, 696x1024px
>>81320702
True, and Ariel is meet and greet fondlekino
>>
File: 1424464054817.jpg (14KB, 298x284px) Image search: [Google]
1424464054817.jpg
14KB, 298x284px
>>81320681
>mfw annual passholder for 3 years
>>
>>81320764
you can watch it on youtube in crystal clear HD. you should download it so you can still relive the memories 30 years from now.
>>
File: IMG_0815.jpg (18KB, 204x247px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0815.jpg
18KB, 204x247px
Disneyland obviously
>>
>>81320346

>Not getting a drink at all 11 of the world showcase bars

You can get totally smashed in under an hour it's fucking great.

>Start with tequila in Mexico
>Beer in Norway
>Spiked tea in China
>Beer in Germany
>Wine in Italy
>Beer in America
>Sake in Japan
>Mudslime drink in Morocco
>Champagne in France
>Beer in UK
>Beer in Canada
>>
>>81320681
I grew up in Disneyland and worked for a year at Disney World.

Disneyland is my childhood, Disney World was work.

Did ya know that there's a vast Tunnel System under the Magic Kingdom that the employees use? It was cool as shit with like ZERO Security (and if there was they didn't care my dumbass went in it), I explored that all the time and loved seeing all that was around there.

If Orlando itself wasn't a godawful city and Disney actually paid their employees decently I woulda stayed.
>>
>>81320737
Is this pic from Orlando or LA? I visited Orlando several years ago and I don't remember Diagon Alley being this big and tall, but then again it was early on in its lifetime
>>
>Disney World
>not superior Busch Gardens
>>
>>81320794
but I never got to go on it and see an animatronic shark jump out at me in real life
>>
>The plebs who try to insist Universal is better

Kek get real
>>
File: DSC03241.jpg (1MB, 2576x1448px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03241.jpg
1MB, 2576x1448px
I have annual passes to Disney World and went two weekends ago. Check out the new Skipper Canteen restaurant in Adventureland. They have lionfish on the menu.
>>
>>81320769
I'd eat her caviar if you know what I mean.
>>
>>81320846
and you never will.
>>
>>81320816
>can only have fun at an amusement park if you are drunk
>"Haha hey guys I'm such an alcoholic with depression I'm just like Rick and Morty haha let me post this spongebob meme about how i want to kill myself everyday on reddit

worse than 'dude the movie gets better when you're high LMAO' fags. please actually kill yourself soon.
>>
>>81319552
I hated the Haunted Mansion as a kid.
>>
>>81320867
This. Universal is only better during October for Halloween Horror Nights.
>>
>>81319552

>That Disneyland manlet castle

JUST
>>
For mothers day my mother wants to go to disneyland, can't wait, I haven't been since I was like 14
I went to disneyworld once as part of the disney cruise. I didn't like it very much, felt like a dirty version of disneyland
>>
>>81320826
The busch gardens in florida is busch league.

The one in virginia has a crap ton of great rollercoasters.
>>
>>81320905

>Getting this buttblasted that people like to get drunk and go on theme park rides
>>
>>81319552
>/tv/ - Parks and recreation
>>
I live in Florida and know lots of secret hole-in-the-wall attractions with no lines. Ask if interested.
>>
File: HP is Shit.jpg (1MB, 1623x2886px) Image search: [Google]
HP is Shit.jpg
1MB, 1623x2886px
>>81320737
Does anyone else think Harry Potter has been one of the dullest in the history of movie franchises? Each ride following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the boring screens, the attractions only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of audio-animatronics, all to make magic unmagical, to make verisimilitude seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Imagineering developing the attractions; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter attractions might be anti-Disney (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Fantasyland series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the butterbeers were good though r-right
"No!"
The beverage is dreadful; the frozen variant was terrible. As I drank, I noticed that every time a cast member went for a pour, the cashier provided instead a cheap "plastic cup."

I began marking on the back of a park map every time a butterbeer was served. I stopped only after I had marked the map several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of park design. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Joe Rodhe. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are riding Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to ride Avatar:Flight of Passage." And he is quite right. He is not being ironic. When you ride "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Avatar.
>>
>>81320917
The tourists are pretty awful.

Disneyland's clientele is a large portion of middle-class Californians and they're just generally better people.
>>
>>81321003
Literally every family that drops a few grand on a disney world vacation buys the 20 dollar book.
>>
>>81319985
>Disneyland is too small (the magic kingdom alone is larger and has more attractions)

But that's wrong you idiot.

>Magic Kingdom: 27 rides
>Disneyland: 36 rides

Disneyland compensates for its small size with efficient usage of space and just has more to do.
>>
>>81321027
I love you.
>>
1. Tower of Terror
2. Expedition Everest
3. Rock 'N Roller Coaster
4. Space Mountain
5. Big Thunder Moutain Railroad
6. Splash Mountain
7. The Great Movie Ride
8. Dinosaur
9. Mission Space
4852. Carousel of Progress
9001. Journey into Imagination
9002. Finding Nemo
>>
>>81320737
universal has like 3-4 hours max of shit to do, but they serve tall boy modelos so its all good
>>
File: chomo.jpg (37KB, 700x676px) Image search: [Google]
chomo.jpg
37KB, 700x676px
Any tips and tricks you picked up at your disneyland/world/amusement park visits over the years, /tv/?

They don't do this anymore, but for over a decade my family land and I went to disneyland several times per year starting when we were kids. We had a family friend tell us that you and your party can get fastpasses for every single ride with unlimited use if you go into the main office at the park, say that you have a disability that prevents you from standing for extended periods of time, along with a doctors note to prove it, and have the wristband that you get when you go to the doctors office. You don't actually have to say what your condition is though as long as you do everything else I just mentioned.

My younger brother fainted like once or twice as a kid because he used to not drink that much water, and we ended up using the paperwork from that and did the fastpass trick everytime we went (probably over 50 times total.)

shit was cash. but i heard they don't do it anymore. my family and I are completely bored/sick of disneyland by now so its not a big deal anyways.
>>
>>81321003
noone wants to go on avatarland rides
>>
>>81321027
>Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Imagineering developing the attractions; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?

Disney's Harry Potter ride pitch was a shitty clone of Midway Mania with wands.
>>
>>81321110

My brother is type 1 diabetic. We did the fast past thing for like 3 years then it got shut down. Fucking shame.
>>
File: tiredpepe.png (267KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
tiredpepe.png
267KB, 420x420px
do theme parks have a no singles policy?
>>
File: summit-plummet-6614.jpg (68KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
summit-plummet-6614.jpg
68KB, 900x600px
>>81321080
Tower of Terror still scares me a little, but this one almost made me shit myself:
>>
>>81321075
Made a few fuckups but you get the gist.
>>
>>81321080
>4852. Carousel of Progress
I appreciate this ride for lack of lines and air conditioning at least. Can be a nice ride to wind down after you've been walking around all day.
>>
>>81321080
>Not liking IT'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMMOROW!

It's got so much corny Walt Disney charm I love it as a historical piece. And I will be heartbroken if they ever change it.

Hell I'm mad they even bothered to update it.
>>
Disney World might be bigger, but Disneyland is the park that Walt actually built. He had an apartment over the fire station and would have parties for his wife and family.

You can ride Pirates, Indiana Jones, and Star Wars without visiting a bunch of different parks spread out all over the place.

For this reason Disneyland will always be superior.
>>
File: CoP 1920s.jpg (505KB, 1909x1133px) Image search: [Google]
CoP 1920s.jpg
505KB, 1909x1133px
>>81321080
>Not ranking Carousel of Progress as #1
Do you even /Walt/? He built that with his own hands.
>>
>>81321116
>noone wants to go on avatarland rides
They are literally opening an Avatar section in the Animal Kingdom park in Disney World this May.
>>
>>81320943
>being a slave to a drink
>mentioning nothing BUT drinking in your original post from all the epcot places, not talking about how good the rides are on their own

end yourself.
>>
>>81321080

>Tower of Terror going to be Guardians of the Galaxy themed soon

Truly out with the old in with the new. Young crowds don't give a fuck about the Twilight Zone anymore. So stupid.
>>
File: ss-000131.png (380KB, 368x437px) Image search: [Google]
ss-000131.png
380KB, 368x437px
>>81320819
Any stories on meet and greet characters?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a6N6eXXmiI
>>
>>81321080
>Soarin nowhere to be found
>>
>>81321157
>Hell I'm mad they even bothered to update it.
TFW when they still mention "car phones" and "laser discs" in the "future" scene. I believe that was last updated in the early 90s.
>>
>>81321191
>Tower of Terror going to be Guardians of the Galaxy themed soon

Marvel's fucking ruining it, I agree. They should keep all the capeshit on a containment park.
>>
File: pepe-the-frog-meme-15.jpg (314KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
pepe-the-frog-meme-15.jpg
314KB, 1600x1200px
>>81320764
>>81320728
I miss T2 3D and the Back to the Future rides. It's not worth going back without 'em. Same thing with Epcot since Captain Eo left.
>>
>>81321177

Came in here to post this.

There's a reason why WDW spread all of Disneyland's greatest hits throughout the park. The other rides in the other parks tend to struggle to carry a park on their own. Disneyland does incredibly well on its own without resorting to gimmicks like a zoo or "drinking around the world".
>>
Both are criminally overrated, Bush Gardens or Universal are superior.
>>
>>81321248
i saw a pic today of what the new tower of terror building looks like, the new design looks like an autistic child's drawing
>>
>>81321191
The Tower of Terror of Disney World is not being changed. Instead, one of the lame rides in Epcot is being replaced with a Guardians of the Galaxy ride.
>>
>>81320424
I love Epcot, but its glory years are well behind it and from the sounds of it, the overhaul thats in the works is just going to be "Cram more IP into the park" with Guardians of the Galaxy taking over Universe of Energy, more cartoons in World Showcase, and a possibility of Inside Out killing Figment.
>>
>>81321227

Soarin is fucking dated. It was cool the first time in like 2009. That screen is so low resolution it's fucking laughable when you're up close. The only cool part is the concept.
>>
>>81321191
Only in disneyland

disney world is keeping tower of terror
>>
>mfw they updated pirates so now everytime you ride it you have to see johnny depps faggot face
fuck. At least they added something cool (when davey is projected on the fog in that tunnel)
>>
>>81321080
good list. accurate too.
>>
>>81321291

thank fucking christ
based disney world
>>
>>81321191

And it's fucking worse when you consider the fact that the Tower of Terror fit perfectly in the old fashioned California theme they were going for after fixing the shitshow that was California Adventure.

Disney was really doing a good job on saving that park by adding some charm but now the place seems like it's destined to be Pixar/Marvel-land.
>>
>>81321289
You retard, they updated it this past summer

It goes around the world now instead of just california

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0_WElXsY-k
>>
File: 1487979167640.jpg (104KB, 872x685px) Image search: [Google]
1487979167640.jpg
104KB, 872x685px
>>81320346
AGREED. WDW killed Epcot at the turn of the millenium
>>
File: 1890s daughter.jpg (909KB, 1044x690px) Image search: [Google]
1890s daughter.jpg
909KB, 1044x690px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs7G_uyIK6o
>Host shows you his daughter's bedroom several times

What did Walt mean by this?
>>
>>81321080
>The Great Movie Ride

This ride use to be fucking GOAT but it got butchered by removing the guides that had the lines memorized. It added a sense of authenticity. That end montage is awesome though.
>>
File: digital_liquid.jpg (103KB, 1440x1518px) Image search: [Google]
digital_liquid.jpg
103KB, 1440x1518px
>>81320599
none other than It's A Small World
>>
>>81320764
Why would they take it down...?
It hasn't hurting anybody..
>>
>>81321138
They actually cater to singles. Many of the thrill rides have a "Single Rider" option that's even better then FastPass in terms of getting you through the lines quicker because you basically become vehicle load filler.
>>
File: 1481581246299.jpg (119KB, 1080x1116px) Image search: [Google]
1481581246299.jpg
119KB, 1080x1116px
>>81321291
for now
>>
>>81321347

>4k now

Oh fugggg I gotta check this out
>>
>>81321291
How ironic the original park is the one getting its history gutted out.
>>
>>81321027
>a-at least the butterbeers were good though r-right

had a hearty kek
>>
>>81321198
No, sadly not. Keep in mind that Park houses thousands of people and there's probably less than a hundred actors. It was really amusing to be eating lunch and then see Belle or Sleeping Beauty eating a Sandwich.

I was not going to bother one of those 10/10s, I got tired of having to talk to tourists all day they sure as hell did too.
>>
>>81321431
>How ironic the original park is the one getting its history gutted out.

The Disneyland Tower of Terror is in the California Adventure Park adjacent to the Disneyland Park. The original Disneyland still has a few attractions from its 1955 debut, such as the railroad, the steamboat, and the miniature village boat ride thingy.
>>
>>81321431

Not really.

The original was built in WDW and Tower of Terror was built several years ago in Disney California Adventure so there's not much history with that ride and Disneyland.
>>
>>81321378
They still have live guides alongside the new pre-recorded narration though.

At any rate, rumor is Great Movie Ride is kill in favor of a new "History of Mickey Mouse" ride they want open in time for Star Wars Land, even though it would make more fucking sense to just build it in a new spot along Sunset Boulevard or install it in the Animation Building currently occupied by the Star Wars meet and greets.
>>
>>81321143
Is that one of those water slides where you get into a tube and the floor drops away?
I did one of those in Dubai, it was unlike any other water slide I've ever been on.
>>
File: darude.jpg (43KB, 371x500px) Image search: [Google]
darude.jpg
43KB, 371x500px
>>81321431
dumbass. it's not even the original park. Tower of Terror in Anaheim is in the California's Adventure park
>>
>>81321198

Anna a cute!

A CUTE!
>>
>>81321496
No trap door. You have to slide down yourself.
>>
File: Mon Inc Monorail.jpg (139KB, 900x578px) Image search: [Google]
Mon Inc Monorail.jpg
139KB, 900x578px
https://www.youporn.com/watch/9836359/monorail-girl/

It's real
>>
File: ainsleybot.png (765KB, 1001x1001px) Image search: [Google]
ainsleybot.png
765KB, 1001x1001px
>>81321347
the Soarin' theme
>>
>>81321512

Those fucking character girls are some of the most vapid, egotistical bitches you will ever meet. They're so cliquey. It's ridiculous behind the scenes. The Frozen ones were the worst, as they were usually the most popular whenever they were around.
>>
>>81321546
If you ride the Monorail from Epcot towards Magic Kingdom at the start of the day, you can sometimes snag a whole monorail car all to yourself and have it for like a solid 5-7 minutes.
>>
>>81321586
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX8Fkvy3r5U
I jerk off to this about once a month
>>
>>81321586
t. butthurt Snow White
>>
>>81321497
>dumbass

Ah yes, the smuggery of jumping on one factual mistake by Disney fans. I haven't been to Land, admittedly, but it makes you realize there's probably an immense overlap between the Disney crowd and 4chan.
>>
>>81321546
holy shit

also disney fall compilations are fucking KINO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkyHoI649Uc
>>
File: 1479619036762.png (406KB, 728x827px) Image search: [Google]
1479619036762.png
406KB, 728x827px
>>81321546
My dick is now diamonds
>>
>>81321586
Are you >>81321457?
>>
>go to Disney world for honeymoon
>Halloween 2015
>dressed as figment
>all the free candy
>park open till 2am
>wandering through Disney at 1:30 in the morning eating candy

It was glorious.

Staying on resort there were a couple other days it was open till 2am. Just perfect.

We'd go for 11 am, leave at 4, go to hotel and change, go to dinner reservations, come back at 9-10 till 2am. God I miss it.
>>
>>81321546

>Been to Disney World over 40 times
>Have probably been in that monorail car at least once
>>
Check out the Boma buffet at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Shit was cash. Definitely go there.
>>
>>81321706
How expensive would it be to have your wedding at DisneyWorld?
>>
>>81321699

no
>>
>>81321346
this

they are literally ruining the aesthetic of the hollywood backlot with this guardians shit
>>
>>81320495
my 2 year old son went fucking bananas for it.
>>
>>81321738
he probably means honey moon
>>
File: Dopey.jpg (227KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Dopey.jpg
227KB, 683x1024px
>>81321706
>Paying a $79 upcharge for "free candy"
>>
>>81321666
of course dopey is the one to fall off, top kek
>>
>>81321791
And I mean wedding.
>>
File: weddinganni530203LARGE.jpg (92KB, 900x657px) Image search: [Google]
weddinganni530203LARGE.jpg
92KB, 900x657px
>>81321738
>How expensive would it be to have your wedding at DisneyWorld?

It's one of those things where if you have to ask, you can't afford it.
>>
Comfiest thread on /tv/ right now desu
>>
NOW ARRIVING IN SPACE MOUNTAIN, TOMORROWLAND'S GATEWAY TO THE GALAXY BLEEP BLOOP
>>
File: IMG_0719.jpg (316KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0719.jpg
316KB, 1280x850px
Disneyland Space Mountain >>>>>> WDW Space Mountain
>>
File: mk wedding.jpg (70KB, 860x574px) Image search: [Google]
mk wedding.jpg
70KB, 860x574px
>>81321831
Packages range from $20k up to $150k and more.
>>
File: peterpan.png (339KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
peterpan.png
339KB, 333x500px
did anyone else think this part of the ride was in really poor taste?
>>
>>81321882
yeah it truly is

disney world space mountain is absolute garbage
>>
>>81321878

PAGING MR MORROW. MR. TOM MORROW. YOUR PARTY FROM SATURN HAS ARRIVED.
>>
>>81321882
>babby's first coaster
Can't handle a little Omega-side drop, can we?
>>
>>81321842
There used to be regular parks threads on /co/ a few years back. I made some of them but then I took a break and no one picked it up.
>>
File: Kj9bVbR.jpg (2MB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Kj9bVbR.jpg
2MB, 2000x1500px
>>
>>81321894
Not that expensive then :)

I'll probably be 30-something once I can afford it
>>
SECRETS:

If you go up to a cast member at the steamboat and ask to be the captain, sometimes they will guide you to the pilot house on top of the boat and you can actually steer the boat once around. Not sure if the one at Disney World does this or not.

Also, if you enquire at Main Street station, you can sometimes ride in the tender of the steam train right in front of the cab and watch the engineer and fireman work the train as it's traveling down the tracks. Another you thing you can do is ask to ride in the Lilly Belle parlor car, an ornate sexy train car that actual royalty has ridden in in the past. Also, at the steam train in Disney World, you can pay to have a guided tour of the railroad including access to the roundhouse, which you can't see otherwise.
>>
>>81321944

>They turned off the water jets that go off whenever a boat comes down because it would absolutely BTFO the boat coming around the bend at that moment

Those water jets were always so much fun. People got fucking SOAKED.
>>
>>81321924
don't get me wrong. I love WDW space mountain, especially the star tunnel queue music, but Disneyland's Space Mtn is more "complete" imo
>>
>>81320599
People Mover
>>
I didn't realize this board was theme park generals
>>
>>81321793
Suppose it isnt free just an included perk.
>candy
>exclusive park access for limit crowd
>Halloween show
>Halloween fire works and parade
>Halloween only character photos
>open till 2am

Was worth it.

Seeing the hocus pocus show was awesome too.
>>
>>81319770
U're mom :^)
>>
>>81321996

This thread is civil don't bother us
>>
>>81321908
I can't believe that kid that got eaten by an alligator at Disney World didn't hear the tell-tale tick-tock sounds beforehand.
>>
File: murph.gif (543KB, 512x502px) Image search: [Google]
murph.gif
543KB, 512x502px
>>81319770
Mission Space Orange
>>
being banned from Disneyland for getting caught jacking off on goofy's coaster was the fucking worst moment of my life
>>
>>81319770
Small world. Captures the classic disney imagination and attention to detail
>>
If Haunted Mansion isn't your favorite ride you might be a pleb
>>
>>81321882
>>81321915
Even though the actual rides inside are a rickety mess that really needs a long overhaul, WDW's has a better queue and post-show then Disneyland's.

Star Tunnel music is fucking comfy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azxQYf9KT94
>>
>>81320816
>Mudslime drink in Morocco
i think somebody doesn't know how islam works
>>81320870
>They have lionfish on the menu.
unimpressed. lionfish has begun being pushed as an exotic delicacy to increase incentive to fish it because it's a destructive invasive species. that'd be like being excited to see cane toad on the menu in australia.
>>
The carousels at both Disneyland and Magic Kingdom are legit, FYI. The Magic Kingdom one, for instance, turns 100 this year.
>>
Rode Living with the Land last month. Walked out convinced of Disney's power and plan to rule
>>
>>81322100
that's funny because they just rebuilt the tracks at WDW about 6-7 years ago. they kept the layouts the same
>>
>>81322100
best disney song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q2X-G23xpI
>>
>>81322080

The old haunted mansion was better. The digital looking Bride looks cheesy and not scary. The only one was subtle and really fucking creepy.
>>
>>81321915

What's the difference between the two versions?
>>
>>81321996
It's better at home on /co/ but it's super hot right now and I'll probably want to do a DDOS on 4chan if it gets taken down.
>>
>>81322080
when I was young that was the ride that awakened my claustrophobia, specifically the part where you're huddled into the room and you see the kid hang himself when you look up
still one of my favorite rides, but even as an adult I still get super anxious when you get into that room.
Its GOAT when they transform it into the nightmare before christmas version
>>
>>81322135
I agree with that, the projection is too over-the-top

The old bride was legit creepy, especially with the heart beating effect
>>
why does /tv/ know so much about theme parks? Shouldn't this be on /trv/?
>>
>>81322135

they need to add in an eddie murphy animatronic
>>
>>81321179
Classic and great taste.
>>
File: 15694695100_5d98ade7f7_h.jpg (1007KB, 1600x998px) Image search: [Google]
15694695100_5d98ade7f7_h.jpg
1007KB, 1600x998px
best queue? expedition everest, splash mountain, pirates, tower of terror?
>>
>>81322168
one is a rollar coaster in the dark from the 60's and the other is just a rollar coaster in the dark
>>
>>81322128
They only replaced bits and pieces of the track, not a full rebuild like what Disneyland got in 2005.
>>
>>81322135

Yeah, it's amazing how Disney found a way to butcher the bride when there was no need to do so. The new version is corny as hell.
>>
>>81321944
Still think it's funny Disney won't let us watch the movie Splash Mountain is based on.
>>
>>81320288
underrated post
>>
>>81320721
my nigga
splash mountain best mountain
>>
>>81322196

>That part on the Splash Mountain queue where you get blasted with AC

fucking goat

the tower of terror queue is pretty good. the pirates one is only good when it's empty but that one is comfy either way.
>>
Cedar Point
>>
>>81322175
are you fucking kidding me? the nightmare before christmas transitions is the worst thing to happen to that ride. during halloween the haunted mansion is fucking edgey edgelord jack skellingont OOHHH ITS JOHNNY DEPP FUCK ME IM EMO
>>
>>81322196
WDW Pirates, good music, the smell, and the atmosphere

Has a branching path too
>>
>>81322168
I could write an essay on it.

Differences: DLR has onboard speakers while WDW has speakers alongside the track. The ride music is much better at DLR as Michael Giacchino scored alongside the coaster's elements.
WDW has two tracks inside, "Alpha" and "Omega" while DLR only has 1. WDW's layout features a more jerky but wild experience while DLR's is smoother and has better pacing throughout the ride. DLR also has a cooler entry into "space" as well as a better themed loading station.
>>
>>81321882
>Floridafags will never get the joy of the OG Matterhorn.
>They have a crappier in door version with a bunch of LED Lights as Stars

Matterhorn isn't very good either, but it's cool because the line is always short.
>>
>>81322281
>>81322196
best way to soak up the pirates atmosphere is eat at Blue Bayou
>>
>>81322168
Disneyland Space Mountain has one track; Magic Kingdom Space Mountain has two tracks. The Magic Kingdom version is more or less an enclosed space-themed version of Matterhorn Bobsleds.
>>
>>81322281

>The smell

Why do all Disney water rides have this smell? I will never forget it. It's so fucking comforting. It smells so good.
>>
>>81322297
also the yodeling
>>
File: 13512154577.jpg (302KB, 1797x1191px) Image search: [Google]
13512154577.jpg
302KB, 1797x1191px
LET'S GET SOME AREA MUSIC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFkQ7nBoocE
>>
>>81319552
been to both. California Adventure is pure kino
>>
File: 1491262269149.jpg (12KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
1491262269149.jpg
12KB, 258x245px
>>81320648
>he thinks there arent cameras in every ride
>>
>>81320701
uhhh did you stick you penis in her or not?
>>
File: Goodfellas.jpg (101KB, 629x865px) Image search: [Google]
Goodfellas.jpg
101KB, 629x865px
>tfw watching kino at WDW resort
>>
>>81322218
i find it odd how they finally enclosed the loading area so you can't see inside the mountain. that "feature" was immersion breaking
>>
>>81322188
>why does /tv/ know so much about theme parks? Shouldn't this be on /trv/?

Disney parks overlap several different topics. /tv/, /co/, /trv/, /ck/, /n/, etc. What we really need is a board dedicated to amusement parks/theme parks/fun centers. I made a formal request to the mods in the past, but nothing came of it.
>>
>>81322339
the innoventions loop is great. follow it up with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APSMTjktgxY&t
>>
File: Rivers-of-Light1.jpg (168KB, 1200x732px) Image search: [Google]
Rivers-of-Light1.jpg
168KB, 1200x732px
Best nighttime show?

Rivers of Light is new at Animal Kingdom but it's pretty good
>>
Land is the original and the best.
>>
>>81322339
fucking christ i have so many memories tied to this music.

>ywn be a kid again
>>
>>81320737
universal rides suck dick. Only had one good rollercoaster (the twin dragon one)
>>
Rivers of Light's nighttime show kino
>>
>>81322397
i like the one at Epcot the best but World of Color at California Adventure is Impressive AF
>>
>>81322233
I'm still bewildered that Disney CHOSE to make the ride based on a movie they'll never rerelease.

It's bizarre, they could have themed around a ton of things.
>>
>>81322285
>>81322303

Thanks for sharing legit answers.

This thread is seriously one of the few civil discussions on /tv/. I hope this becomes a regular thing.
>>
>>81321184
This is why nobody invites you to hang out anon
>>
>>81322404
there's rumors that they will be removed LMFAO
>>
>>81320481

Disney World also has a Downtown Disney.
>>
>>81322454

>no shit posters in sight
>mods leaving the thread up

we need a /themepark/ general
>>
>>81319552
Whichever one has the best Indiana Jones ride wins. It's the only thing that matters.
>>
>>81322271
nightmare before christmas existed before the goth and emo fad you massive faggot and even now with the following it has its still a great movie so fuck off
>>
>>81322454
no such thing as a regular civil thread, just gotta enjoy em while they last
>>
>>81322483
Disneyland Paris? It has a loop.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEsgJxKaHsI
Disneyland CA has a motion jeep ride which is also good.
>>
>the new test track design

too try hard modern desu, the designing cars bit is fun but pretty pointless. i miss the old design
>>
>>81319770

Always been fond of Pirates. It was my favorite ride, before the movies. Not a big fan of the changes that happened when it came out, but it still is nice.

Second is Carousel of Progress.
>>
>>81322432
It was about convenience. America Sings was shutting down over in Tomorrowland, management wanted a new water ride, and Country Bear Jamboree was losing popularity in that little corner they put it in.

So Imagineer Tony Baxter came up with a concept that could recycle all those animatronic animals from America Sings and give Bear Country/Critter Country a stronger draw. Plus Song of the South's final re-release was only a few years earlier.
>>
>>81322339
Truly the GOAT area music
>>
>>81322454
>regular on /tv/

I'm enjoying it immensely but even I'll admit it's out of place. /co/ and maybe even /trv/ to finally get that place going, maybe. But Disney, and I mean Disney Disney not all the production of that corp. has now, is too narrow for /tv/.
>>
>>81321882
But I like the single seat space pod at World...
>>
File: DSC02468.jpg (815KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DSC02468.jpg
815KB, 1920x1080px
Best food item at Magic Kingdom:
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPWt4UCemEQ
>>
Old MGM Studios > Magic Kingdom > Epcot > Animal Kingdom > Hollywood Studios
>>
>>81322483
Fucking Florida doesn't even have an Indiana Jones ride. I was shocked by that.

For real Indiana Jones Adventure is an amazing ride especially for its time. GOAT Special Effects.
>>
>>81322573
that's not a mint julip
>>
>>81320673
Also grew up in socal. My family and I preferred going to universal studios, I only went to disneyland when I was like 3 years old or something.
>ywn visit universal studios in the 90's again
>ywn fall in love with behind the scenes movie magic
>ywn wait in line to see the terminator show
>or back to the future ride
>or wild wild west show
>& water world
>& jurassic park
>& the tour they give you through the studios to see the soundstages
take me back senpai, I even lived in the cliche cul de sac
>>
As a floridafag
Busch gardens>island of adventure>disney world>universal>SeaWorld
>>
>>81320495
the lines are fucking awful
was over two hours for the Indiana Jones line
>>
>>81322565

Same here, single seats are way more fun
>>
>>81322196
Best queue is E.T. at Universal Studios.
>>
File: 1454728019917.jpg (26KB, 439x411px) Image search: [Google]
1454728019917.jpg
26KB, 439x411px
mfw I dont even like pickles but I always get a big one when at disneyland
they're refreshing
>>
>>81322604
>Fucking Florida doesn't even have an Indiana Jones ride.
We do, actually (sort of). The Dinosaur ride in Animal Kingdom uses the same ride system as the Indiana Jones ride in Disneyland.
>>
>>81322604
Florida has Dinosaur which is the same track layout and vehicles as Indy, but it much less thrilling because Indy is just packed with effects whereas Dinosaur is mostly forest and a bunch of dino AAs

I still like Dinosaur but Indy wins
>>
>>81320819
Disneyland has the same vast tunnel system too. They didn't do it for California Adventure though which is why there's so much employee only gates visible everywhere.
>>
>>81322604
the Dinosaur ride in animal kingdom is basically the same ride layout as indiana jones
>>
>>81322648

Speaking of that, why did they gimp the Dino's on that ride? It used to be a legitimately scary ride but I swear they toned it down in the recent years.
>>
>>81322304
Bromine instead of chlorine so it won't stain your clothes
>>
File: WTF.jpg (34KB, 695x573px) Image search: [Google]
WTF.jpg
34KB, 695x573px
>>81322609
>Busch gardens>island of adventure>disney world>universal>SeaWorld

>Ranking a medicore water park over all of Disney World combined
>>
>>81322662
>>81322677
>>81322682
i fucked with the onride camera and help out an outstretched park map over my face while T-Rex scared everyone
>>
>>81319770
Space Mountain
>>
>>81322711

kek i never thought of that. i'm gonna do that next time
>>
>>81322662
>>81322648
Did not know that, now I regret not going to the Dinosaur ride.

If there's anything Disney needs to put on the chopping block though it's Mission Space. That ride did not age well.
>>
>>81319552
DisneyWorld has always been superior, but add in unversial studios next door with great movie attractions (like harry potter world) makes it no contest
>>
>>81322742
Mission Space is going down for refurbishment this summer
>>
>>81322742

Yeah that ride is trash. It's not even really fun at all. I'm surprised it's still open, in the past 5 years Ive never seen a line longer than 15 for either green or orange.
>>
>>81319552
My dream is to see a movie about a murder in disneyworld/disneyland

But that will never happen because disney. Fuck the eternal mouse honestly.
>>
>>81322682
>why did they gimp the Dino's on that ride?
I haven't ridden that ride in years since my first kid came. Will be awesome to ride it with them for the first time and see their terrified faces when the Carnotaurus corners you. My wife gave me a death grip and cowered in fear the first time she rode with me.
>>
>>81322702
>Island of adventure
>Water park
You're think of adventure island retard
>>
>>81322339

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3C8VRFDItk

I am so fucking pissed that Memers of the Galaxy is going to replace this fucking ride. All D-land has is atmosphere, if they fuck it by shoe shoving in too much shit then they become no better than Universal studios.
>>
>>81322782

Anon...you're in luck.

Escape From Tomorrow. Filmed "guerilla style" entirely in Disneyland and Disney World. It's quite shit but in an interesting kind of way. The way they made it is intriguing.
>>
File: jhm_mission_space2.jpg (26KB, 500x207px) Image search: [Google]
jhm_mission_space2.jpg
26KB, 500x207px
>>81322742
Mission Space is getting some kinda update soon.

When you read about the original Space Pavilion concept Ray Bradbury worked on, it's just such a fucking let down.

Like the initial concept was sort of like the original Seas in that you get onto a ride that takes you out into an orbital space station and from there you have even more stuff to do including some sort of spacewalk/jetpack thing.
>>
>>81322766
>I'm surprised it's still open, in the past 5 years Ive never seen a line longer than 15 for either green or orange.

It may because of its bad reputation with the deaths that happened on it.
>>
File: disgust.png (77KB, 534x572px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.png
77KB, 534x572px
>>81322784
>My wife gave me a death grip and cowered in fear the first time she rode with me.

She was able to concentrate on giving you a handjob while riding DINOSAUR? WTF?
>>
>>81322807
Disney really wants to put some marvel shit in their parks, but with universal studios still owning some rights to the popular ones like spiderman and hulk, they have to do something else

that's why they made the iron man ride in china

and now they're doing guardians of the galaxy
>>
File: C4jf_N9UkAAkrxk[1].jpg (165KB, 1200x676px) Image search: [Google]
C4jf_N9UkAAkrxk[1].jpg
165KB, 1200x676px
>>81322807
The guardians tower is kinda looking ugly as fuck too

I hope the WDW tower remains because it's one of the best themed rides and the entire area is built around it
>>
>>81322834
Death grip on my arm, bro. lol
>>
>>81322609
Coaster Jocks gtfo
>>
>>81322830

that concept was ridiculously expensive and the technology needed was far beyond in their range at the time. It would have been really cool though.
>>
>>81322855
i honestly blame Universal with their success with Harry Poopy world
>>
worst disney ride ever?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wmg8YfL8Ac

gotta be either this or ratatouille
>>
>>81322875
>Coaster Jocks
Is that slang for not being a pussy about riding rides with a height limit?
>>
File: ae sign big.jpg (71KB, 630x376px) Image search: [Google]
ae sign big.jpg
71KB, 630x376px
Post GOAT dead attractions
>>
>>81322914
The not so great movie ride
>>
>>81322881
It would have at least been nice if the final product had a more substantial post-show then "PS1-grade space games and a McDonald's Playplace"
>>
>>81322875
Scarred babby detected
>>
>>81320119
We do own it faggot, fuck off tourists.
>>
>>81322857
Thank Universal ironically, I don't think Disney will ever get to put Marvel in Walt Disney World.

The most they can do is put stuff outside the park.

One day Disney will probably negotiate Universal into letting them get their Capeshit in Florida, but Universal will want a pretty penny for obvious reasons.

For real it's kinda lame Universal just keeps the Islands of Adventure Marvel section the way it is. Spider-Man dark ride is laughably outdated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MgPOFZvRNA
>>
>>81322914
Stitch's Great Escape was almost universally hated. I
>>
>>81322923
is that the one with the big tube in the middle of the room?
>>
>>81322914
Journey into Your Imagination.

Because who needs Dreamfinder telling you that creativity exists in everyone when Eric Idle can start the ride calling you a retard?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUaTu13Yv6U
>>
>>81319770
Indiana Jones Adventure.
>>
>>81322923

the old Maelstrom thrill ride

the new frozen one is the same track and has none of the magic
>>
>>81322945
Fuck you the spider ride is good
>>
File: m80.jpg (49KB, 269x260px) Image search: [Google]
m80.jpg
49KB, 269x260px
>>81322923
>not Adventures Thru Inner Space
>>
>>81322914
>worst disney ride ever?

It's literally this:

Impressions de France in Epcot

It's just a simple 10 minute movie of scenes in France. No ride vehicles, no special effects, no celebrity hosts, and the film itself is really worn out.
>>
>Go on that Ellen ride thinking it'll be some quick little funny movie
>It's literally an hour long

Still was kinda cool but damn there should be warnings
>>
>>81322966
Fucking good. Fuck that ride. Isn't it getting transformed into Wreck it Ralph now? Wonder how's that gonna play out
>>81322975
Yeah and the giant alien is transported into it while the seats shake to simulate it moving around the room while warm water falls on your shoulder to make you feel as if it's drooling on you. All in the dark btw
>>
>>81322978
Ahaha I remember that

They tried to salvage it with Figment but it still sucks and has no line ever
>>
>>81322945
Wow I apologize to Universal, just learned they upgraded it to HD a while ago, I saw it in 2010 and it looked so bad.

I got really confused by how that Youtube video looked so good.

>>81323003
Yeah just realized that.
>>
File: C8KIcwtVYAAdepb.jpg (181KB, 1055x710px) Image search: [Google]
C8KIcwtVYAAdepb.jpg
181KB, 1055x710px
>>
>>81322945
Universal's currently planning an Iron Man ride. Supposedly replacing Dr Doom.

The contract Universal has only covers Avengers characters up to the 90s when the deal was first struck, Spiderman, Fantastic Four and X-Men.

That's why Disney's pushing Guardians of the Galaxy so hard, it's one of the few things that isn't under Universal's control. Dr. Strange is also usable for Disney.
>>
File: 1488170009014.jpg (14KB, 300x259px) Image search: [Google]
1488170009014.jpg
14KB, 300x259px
>>81323051
WHY
>>
>>81322921
It means you put height and exposed steel above show and theme, you clod.
>>
>>81319552
World, of course. It's the OG and there are no annoying Mexicans.
>>
Why does Spaceship Earth smell like crayons?
>>
File: just_disgusting.png (527KB, 497x732px) Image search: [Google]
just_disgusting.png
527KB, 497x732px
>>81323051
>>
>>81323051

JUST
>>
>>81322524
Wow, that looks like such a shitty coaster, so fucking short and it doesn't even look like a Disney ride at all. It's literally just a bad coaster design with some shitty walls around it, doesn't immerse you at all like other rides.
>>
File: Dr. Just.png (854KB, 729x775px) Image search: [Google]
Dr. Just.png
854KB, 729x775px
>>81323051
>>
>I will never fuck Mulan
>>
>>81323051
JUST

It looks like someone vomitted multicolored pipes on the tower
>>
>>81323086

>the smell of a campfire when you go past the Rome burning scene

fucking gets me rock hard
>>
File: Can't Believe This Shit.jpg (20KB, 471x480px) Image search: [Google]
Can't Believe This Shit.jpg
20KB, 471x480px
>>81323051
>>
>>81323051
WHAT HAVE THEY FUCKING DONE
>>
>>81323051
imagine entering buena vista street, seeing the classy california art deco, and then BAM WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT GIANT PISS YELLOW TOWER IN THE BACKGROUND OH MY GOD

also I really like this guy's youtube vids, he's done stuff on epcott and all sorts of disney stuff, he did a whole series on abc tv shows that did episodes in disneyland, like full house, family matters, etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uj7YRKfxlo

kinda cringey, but still kino
>>
>>81322945
I actually think the Spider-Man ride is better than the Transformers ride. That one always gives me whiplash.
>>
>>81323063
I bet Bob Iger is stewing with rage that he can't put Iron Man in the parks. I just know they're only making an Iron Man ride in Hong Kong because they don't want to just make an Iron Man ride in California.

Disney has Star Wars to toy with though so they'll be alright. I still can't comprehend why the hell they're making Avatar Land.
>>
>>81319552
anaheim has been overrun by mexicans

so disney world.
>>
>>81323051

>Disneyland getting cucked this hard

If they ever change the World one I'm gonna riot
>>
>>81323063
Dr doom the character is goat but the ride is carnival tier. Plus universal has literally the only good marvel property
>>
>>81319770
Space Mountain. Oldest ride, longest line
>>
>>81323095
It's subpar but I can see how a board of execs saw the mine cart sequence in Temple of Doom and saw a 70's wildcat coaster and made this cheap ass coaster
>>
>>81323135
>I still can't comprehend why the hell they're making Avatar Land.
Word is James Cameron is planning 2-3 Avatar sequels.
>>
>>81322923

Horizons in epcot. RIP
>>
>>81323148
The Latvarian queue video is park kino
https://youtu.be/l9fFEhdF5KA
>>
File: JoeRohde1.png (345KB, 636x442px) Image search: [Google]
JoeRohde1.png
345KB, 636x442px
>>81323099
You know it's bad when the announcement videos trying to shill this as a good idea feature someone who is very visibly uncomfortable with this garbage assignment.

Like between this and Avatarland, Joe Rohde's earlobe has been going full JUST
>>
>bump limit

NEW THREAD
>>
>>81323139
>so disney world.
>Implying Orlando doesn't have the same problem if you stay at any hotel less that $120 a night.
>>
Why is the atmosphere of Disney so good? Every time I've gone I've had this comfy happy feeling that I don't get in other parks. The theming is just done so nicely.
>>
>>81323212
link to vid?
>>
>>81322923
There was a disney water park that no longer exists that was river themed, I went there as a kid but they shut it down a long time ago.
>>
>>81323135
Avatarland was a response to Harry Potter. Disney was shitting themselves and had to scoop up a popular IP and Avatar was popular... at the time. Now, not so much.

They have Star Wars now though which is a good answer to HP I guess.
>>
>>81323212
>Tony Baxter will never come out of retirement and rip that shit off Avatarfag's ear

Why live?
>>
>>81323135
looks pretty kino

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVqlvkdclVw
>>
>>81323241
Wasn't that the one with the brain eating amoebas?
>>
>>81323241
it got shut down because of brain eating parasites, but people still break in and film sometimes, that's how adamthewoo got banned from disneyworld
>>
>>81323241

fun fact: you can still see it from the seven seas lagoon. you can take the resort boat ride and you go right past it, completely visible and all overrun with vines and growth. there's a video of adamthewoo going into it and getting caught that's pretty good.
>>
Disneyland is better. I grew up on the east coast and thought WDW was the best but we went again a few years ago and it was so run down and cheap looking compared to DL. Disneyland has the superior Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain plus the Matterhorn. Big Thunder is bigger at WDW but DL added a few new elements to theirs a couple of years ago. Cars Land is better than Test Track and California Screaming is a lot of fun. Indiana Jones is far superior to the dinosaur version in Animal Kingdom. However, Everest is hands down the best ride between the two parks. Last time we were in Florida it was crawling with loud and rude Brazilian tourists.
>>
File: 4chan_Abatap_Myday.png (46KB, 681x222px) Image search: [Google]
4chan_Abatap_Myday.png
46KB, 681x222px
>>81323189
>Development hell the movie
Been like 8 years since Abatap. No one even remembers the fucking movie.

>This was 7 years ago
FUCK
>>
>>81323213

Make one pussy
>>
>>81323320
>Superior Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain
very debatable
>>
>>81323238
>Why is the atmosphere of Disney so good?
Walt Disney wanted the overall design to make visitors feel like they were entering the set of a movie where they were the stars. The exceptional strong emphasis on presentation and storytelling are what set Disney parks apart from the rest. Their only competitor to have truely figured this out is Universal.
>>
>>81323346
The Space Mountain at Disneyworld is pretty bad in comparison to Disneyland. It feels a lot rougher, the music doesn't play (at least in my experience) and they take the picture at a retarded point when the ride just starts and you're not moving.

Haunted Mansion is good in both though.
>>
DISNEY WORLD HOTELS OFFICIAL POWER RANKINGS:

God Tier:
>Polynesian
>Grand Floridian

Good Tier:
>Animal Kingdom Lodge
>Wilderness Lodge
>Caribbean Beach

Mediocre Tier:
>Boardwalk
>Coronado Springs
>Port Orleans
>Yacht Club

Shit tier:
>Contemporary
>All-Star
>Pop Century

Polynesian is the GOAT of them all though.
>>
File: Brown Fat-ass.png (342KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Brown Fat-ass.png
342KB, 400x400px
This guy from Theme Park Review says the Tokyo DisneySea park in Japan is the best Disney park, and all of the sheep worshipping him agree. Thoughts?
>>
>>81323437
I thought Tim Grassy was fatter than that
>>
>>81323434
That ranking is more-or-less the ranking of hotels by price.
>>
File: muhgypsies.jpg (88KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
muhgypsies.jpg
88KB, 1000x1000px
>>81323238
>>81323370
i think it's because every single FUCKING thing in all of the parks has a rich detailed back story. I was literally walking down Main Street USA at Disneyland while a cast member came up to me and singled out a brick on the path which was browner than the rest. He told me that this brick was used personally by Mr Disney for many years since it was his favorite brick to shove straight up his own ass. The whole group marveled at this prospect and then we all got arrested for shoplifting at the Main Street Emporium. Great times.
>>
>>81323212
I just want to take a really sharp pair of scissors and cut that fucking lobe off.

WHY THE FUCK DID I HAVE TO FOLLOW THE "DISNEY CODE" BUT THAT CHUCKLEFUCK GETS TO DRESS UP LIKE A FREAK?
>>
>>81323468
He wants (You)'s for shitting on a luxury hotel from which you can walk to MK.
>>
File: IMG_2231.jpg (428KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2231.jpg
428KB, 1500x1000px
>>81323239
They apparently put Rohde in a supervisor role over all the Marvel stuff coming to the parks even though it's not really his thing. He's more obsessed with world travel and immersing you into foreign cultures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L9ZAdtNZc0

>>81323243
He wasn't all that into Avatarland either.
>>
>>81322711
>i fucked with the onride camera and help out an outstretched park map over my face while T-Rex scared everyone
What did that do? I haven't been on the ride but am curious.
>>
>>81323212
He clearly is just doing it so he doesn't get fired

He's good when working on stuff like Animal Kingdom but when talking about this tower he just said "uh it's like a warehouse or something lol idk"
>>
>>81323489
his ear is being held hostage until he gets the yeti working again
>>
>>81323533

it takes a pic in a really dark portion of the ride and there's a big flash. i imagine it messes with the exposure.
>>
>>81323533
nothing bad desu, but it gave all the other strangers on my vehicle a good laugh when they saw the photo
>>
>>81323533
I'm guessing that there is a camera at the climax at the ride to take photos of scared riders while the T-Rex spooks them and this anon held a map to cover his face
>>
>thread about disney world hits bump limit with little to no shitposting

nice
>>
>>81320725
Knotts is ghetto and I mean ghetto Disneyland. Don't do it. Go to Magic Mountain if you want roller coasters.
>>
>>81323575
the camera takes a photo at the climax right as i climax.

also going on rides at night with fireworks is absolute fucking kino, i vividly remember going up the hill for thunder mountain disneyland and seeing fireworks go off, also going on jungle cruise at night with fireworks is like being in vietnam

mega64's disney stuff is GOAT too, dinsyeland pimps 4 lyfe, anyone go to gamedays?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRIr6Bz15vM
>>
Dollywood is a whole other flavor of theme park kino.
>>
File: IMG_0551.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0551.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>81323538
kek
>>
>>81321080
Carousel of Progress is pure attraction kino
>>
>>81323434

i'm at the tail end of SeeYaReelSoon youtube vlog where they stay at fort wilderness and i gotta say that might be one of my favorites. the cabins are pretty decent, hoop-dee-doo dinner show looks fun, crazy fan following with people putting up elaborate decorations in their lot, golf carts.. shits dope
>>
>>81323346
WDW Space Mountain was slow and had no music when we went on it. Plus DL adds the Ghost Galaxy Halloween overlay in the fall.
>>
>>81323677
can you imagine being that worker playing wonder woman? just thinking "oh shit im going to be fired"

exclusive vid of a guy finding out whats happening to tower of terror

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQH4o-pA0uY

fuck i love this thread
>>
>>81321364
>people get more free time
>become hedonistic narcissists
Progress was a mistake.
>>
>>81323717
>wonder woman
...what?
>>
File: 1481577068203.jpg (53KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1481577068203.jpg
53KB, 657x527px
>>81323717
>wonder woman
>>
>>81323738
fuck i mean ms inclredible, i was busy thinking about jacking off to ms incredible porn and got sidetracked, if post ends in even number i will
>>
>>81323500
>He's more obsessed with world travel and immersing you into foreign cultures.
So that's why the Patriotic and Future parts of Disneyland/World are being left to decay.

Call me a Trump voter if you want but I love Disneyland because it represents an idealized image of Americana. Main Street and New Orleans Square are so comfy.

I have small little memories of stuff like using the Nickelodeon machine and the Piano Players. Sure it's not exciting but I think Disneyland can pull that stuff off better than pretending it's some foreign place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4Mmn5hXgGA
>>
Any fans of Martin Smith's video edits? He's releasing Part 2 of a Spaceship Earth retrospective this weekend covering the Jeremy Irons version.

Got the original and Cronkite version here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWPZhjyd4QM
>>
>>81323783
kino
>>
Thread is sliding now. Great thread guys.

Would like to see it in /co/ or /trv/ next time.
>>
>>81323783
Actually yeah. Probably the best attraction videos besides ExtinctAttractions who stopped making videos
>>
you guys need to check out Daveland. He has a great collection of photos and histories of the attractions
>>
>>81323783
Martin is a Disney Legend and creates true park kino. Disney has actually gone to him for footage and audio they've lost.
>>
>>81323763
The Future stuff falling into disarray is more from Disney's incompetence with in-house Sci-Fi and putting so many of their cards into Princesses.

It's easier to just shoehorn a Pixar movie into something to get people to go to a non-Space Mountain part of Tomorrowland then to develop a new concept...
>>
>>81323815
Walt couldn't have built the parks without his ABC Disneyland /tv/ specials.
>>
>>81321882
>tfw cutting in line at disneyworld space mountain
Solid Snake shit famalans. Feels great.
>>
>>81323819
Extinct Attractions Club stopped because Disney slapped them with a cease and desist from selling bootlegs of audio and television specials. He put most of his stuff on YouTube a year or two ago, but these days he just posts drone videos and krav maga shit.
>>
>>81323897
It's like how I can talk about Disney parks at /v/ because Kingdom Hearts is a game.
>>
What's the best time generally to even go to Disney / Universal in Florida? I remember someone saying October in the past.
>>
>>81323763

dapper dans and muppets great moments in america GOAT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSi0W-kcRxM
>>
>>81323966
February seems to be a good time
>>
>>81323955
Not even the same thing. Maybe we should have made another Rick and Morty thread?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkLMSpDJH1A
>>
File: absolutely.jpg (66KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely.jpg
66KB, 512x512px
>>81324037
ironically the best composition
>>
>>81324037
K I N O
>>
>>81323897
>Walt had to die of cancer before he got a chance to make the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLCHg9mUBag&t=1s

I think it probably would have failed (could a city really depend on those Disney ride vehicles for real transportation?) but man what a fascinating concept.
>>
>>81323966
I did October a few years back and there was nobody there and the weather was great.
>>
>>81322815
That was the only movie that made me feel legit suicidal, damn daddy issues.
>>
>>81324037
Nothing better than some good Jizz in your ear.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jizz
>>
>>81324094
Yeah, I was thinking of going. My sister is a die hard Harry Potter fan and has wanted to go to Universal for years now and I haven't been to Disney World in almost 15 years.
>>
>>81324079
EPCOT's peoplemover would have been a larger scale. Like Imagineering actually built one for the Houston Airport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmScClHRgfE
>>
>>81323153
Don't you mean Hyperspace Mountain?
>>
>>81323966
Went October a few years ago, probably my favorite time to go. A bit biased because I love Halloween but I had same experience as other anon, good weather and crowds.

Went December last year, weather was perfect in the day time but it got chilly at night which made riding the water rides a bit of a problem but otherwise not an issue. Crowds probably the best I've seen.
>>
>>81324172
I wish someone would have the balls to make such a thing.

Walt Disney really was a Renaissance man.
>>
File: dc_kek.jpg (62KB, 491x719px) Image search: [Google]
dc_kek.jpg
62KB, 491x719px
>>81324079
we will never have such optimism in society ever again
>>
File: stargate.png (694KB, 567x709px) Image search: [Google]
stargate.png
694KB, 567x709px
This is the comfiest thread I've posted in on /tv/ in quite some time, I read the whole damn thing too. Funny how this board turns very civil in threads like this...

pic related, sort of
>>
>>81324401
same, everynow and then you find a thread that just grabs you by the dick and sticks its entire forefinger down your eurethera
>>
anyone remember hearing this in tomorrowland? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly43wXfZlf4
>>
>>81324537
Yes, that's from the older based area music

The current music is good but I love the old loop
>>
>>81320415
We had passes for years until they raised them to be $1000 each now and our system was to use the fast pass system and knock off all the mountain rides first. You need to do all the slow loading/low capacity rides early. You have to get there early, like before the park opens since they soft open 30 minutes early and head to Space Mountain first. We usually get a FP and if the line is 30 mins or less will ride it. Then we head to Indiana Jones - slow loader - and ride that. Then we'll head to Splash Mountain and knock that off. By that time it's back to Space Mountain. We'll either pull a FP for Big Thunder on the way or pull one for Star Tours. Then we'll do Matterhorn, which gets big lines but is fast loading if they're using both sides of the ride. The left track is supposed to be the superior one. If we have time we'll head to Haunted Mansion and by then the second FP has probably opened up. The thing to keep in mind is that as soon as the FP window is open or the two hour time limit is up you can grab another one.

As for lunch, make a reservation for the Carnation Cafe for lunch either the night before or on your way into the park. It's fairly cheap, the food is really good, and you'll have a shady place to eat lunch. My other favorite place on busy days is Hungry Bear restaurant. It's has a ton of seating and it's mostly in the shade. The food is meh but you'll be able to get some shade. As for best fast food place I really like the Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe but you have to stalk tables to get one. The Stage Door Cafe has mozarella sticks as a hidden menu item.

Get in the right hand line for Small World. The left side loads the wheelchairs and those take forever.

My only tips for DCA are to race to get FP for Cars as soon the ropes drop. Soaring is a slow moving ride so you should use FP for that. Same for the rapids ride. The packages at Carthay Circle and Trattoria are worth it to get primo seats for World of Color.
>>
Made a thread on /trv/ for those who might want to continue the discussion

>>>/trv/1233467
Thread posts: 403
Thread images: 72

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.