[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /tv/ think of Maddox?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: 0maddoxlifehacks.png (718KB, 880x487px) Image search: [Google]
0maddoxlifehacks.png
718KB, 880x487px
What does /tv/ think of Maddox?
>>
>>64754354
His webpage was glorious back in it's mid-2000's heyday.

He's shit now.
>>
Washed up former e-celebrity turned to literally who tier. But I still enjoy his edgy videos for my daily usual dose of contrarianism, even if it does come off as a desperate try to stay relevant.
>>
>>64754396
It was pretty shit then, I can only imagine it's worse now. I'm actually shocked it's still going.
>>
>>64754354
>he's not a burger-ketchup dipper
That's when I realized I'm not listening to another word of this jaded contrarian cynic who didn't grow up beyond freshman year of highschool.
>>
>>64754354
the original youtube-tier nobody
>>
>>64754396
I think you mean early 2000's.

>>64754476
That's not what is happening there.

I loved him. The world didn't listen, but he was a good voice to have around. Been years since I've cared about his time with videos. Seeing him videos is odd. If not too little too late.
>>
A forgotten part of the 2000s internet era that should know his place and just stop. At least AVGN made it so he could be relevant in 2016 albeit in a smaller capacity than in 2004. Anything new by him, despite what it is, seems really out of place. Oh he looks like he has aids.
>>
>>64754595
Wasn't his "The iPhone is a piece of shit and so is your face" article like '07? Haven't been back much since.

The fact that I can remember that means my youth was simbly ebin.
>>
>>64754354
Nobody faggot who used to be someone big on the Internet

Now he's a washed up faggot who can barely get 300k views on his clickbait videos

He should kill himself
>>
>>64754648
iPhones weren't a thing when he was in his element.
>>
Whatever cool Maddox had, he lost it all the moment he appeared in video form as a bald, tiny, and awkward fast-reader of quips.

I used to enjoy his page, but haven't returned since I saw him live.
>>
>>64754354
i remember laughing my ass off back in the day when he would post drawings made by little kids and make fun of them/rate them
>>
>>64754681
It isn't pure bad, the writing has barely changed. But it sure as shit doesn't have the same appeal. Now every figured out this internet thing. Maybe we changed.
>>
i thought he was cool when i was 12. now i'm 24 and he just seems to be out of ideas, old, balding, kind of creepy and weird. wouldn't want to meet him.
>>
His books are great: his youtube; not so much
>>
>>64754681
whats funny/sad is all his opinions and viewpoints suddenly made perfect sense and became really goddamn sad (rather than edgy) once it was revealed he was a bald ugly jewish manlet.
>>
Why are people listing balding as a reason not to like someone? How superficial are you fucks
>>
He doesn't seem to put much effort into his recent videos. If you listen to ones from even like a year ago about the spider-woman comic or the wage gap myth, you can tell they're topics he really cares about just by how he speaks throughout the video. Meanwhile in ones like the shitty inventions he just sounds like hes going through the motions of needing to be angry at something.
>>
>>64754998
he'd still seem edgy, immature, loserish and weird if he was handsome, but his ugliness gives you another reason not to take him seriously. just he'd probably have more female fans.
>>
Stopped being amused by him long ago, but I feel like the internet is a better place for having an e-celebrity from a bygone age of the web still out there doing his thing.
>>
>>64754653
>barely get 300k views
that's a lot you dumb faggot.
is he supposed to get buzzfeed level clicks all by himself?
>>
>>64754354
Maddox was amazing.

Now he's a balding cuck. His show was an utter disaster and he is a much funnier writer than presenter. He's forced to do YouTube videos to stay relevant which is sad.
>>
File: disgust.jpg (46KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
46KB, 620x400px
>>64755223
>go to youtube trending
>there are always Buzzfeed videos
>mfw
>>
>>64754354
Does he have AIDS, guys?
>>
>>64754396
No it was always shit. It's just that back when you (we) were younger his humor was funny. Now that you're older it's old and rehashed shit.
>>
His shtick was always shit, you just grew up.

Congratulations, this means you're maturing.
>>
>>64754681
>>64754969

>not liking an entertainer anymore just because they don't perfectly match your perceived perfect image of them

This is /tv/ in a nutshell. I think you guys must have some sort of complex
>>
>>64754354
I used to translate his articles into my native language and post them on my blog, got a shitload of followers who thought I was a comedy king lel
>>
>>64755695
Presentation is almost everything. Image controls almost all of our choices and opinions—not just for a webpage personality, but everything including clothing, restaurants, movies, books...

I don't know how you're pretending it doesn't matter, except maybe you don't really understand it?
>>
he's better when he can write something cohesive instead of trying to string together a point he himself doesn't understand on the podcast

it's fucking painful to hear him talk about the libertarian boogey man or what he thinks small government is. dick talks basic sense and maddox pretends he's digging himself a hole like some smarmy prick
>>
>>64754969
>jewish
he's arabian
>>
Whiny faggot who likes to PERSONAL BLOG and if you dont agree UR A FAG
>>
File: nerd.jpg (16KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
nerd.jpg
16KB, 640x480px
The prototype for guys like based idubbbz. I don't really care for him but, I'm gratefulfor what he started.
>>
>>64755770

It doesn't matter because his material has always been about the wordplay and attitude, and none of that has changed. If your opinion can be changed by just the way a dude looks, you have fucking problems.
>>
File: 1429003000806.jpg (45KB, 336x346px) Image search: [Google]
1429003000806.jpg
45KB, 336x346px
The exact moment everyone on this board stopped liking him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEu--wqKjzo
>>
>>64754396
Hello reddit.
>>
On the subject of washed up or vanished off the face of the earth internet bloggers of the old school who else here is old enough to remember The Misanthropic Bitch?
>>
>>64756099

Maddox had a retarded article on his website in like 2002 extolling how great illegal immigration was.

Maddox has ALWAYS been a Liberal retard in disguise.
>>
File: aom_pb_yellow.jpg (62KB, 245x368px) Image search: [Google]
aom_pb_yellow.jpg
62KB, 245x368px
>>64756062
Objectively false. His material has been about being an alpha male with half a brain to comment on stuff popular in the culture, same as Tucker Max. His whole persona from the Che image to his books (pic related, in case you forgot) was all about being a strong, virile, and attractive who has no patience for sissy or stupid shit.

You are either not thinking at all about this shit, for you know too little about it to comment. Either way, his personal image is married to the content, and the image is shattered when he does not live up to it.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.