[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which celebrity's death had the biggest worldwide mourning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: 1363151710837.jpg (107KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
1363151710837.jpg
107KB, 800x900px
Which celebrity's death had the biggest worldwide mourning for an actor?
>>
bruce lee, robin memeliams.
>>
Williams, probably. Mainly due to millenials, the internet, him being very prolific in the 90s and the method.

Suicides are the hardest to comprehend.

Obvioisly Kobain was huge but grunge music, while very popular, wasn't something that cross sectionally people loved.

Maybe Diana or Monroe as well. Although if were counting Diana we have to start counting people like Kennedy and Luther and the pope and Saddam and stuff so maybe not.
>>
>>64744507
Ohfuck I missed the actor part I feel so stupid.
>>
File: arnold smuhg.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
arnold smuhg.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
Arnold
>>
Clint Eastwood, soon.
>>
james dean?
>>
>>64744573
S T O P
T
O
P
>>
>>64744536
we're all actors on this stage we call life.
>>
>>64744456
Why do people mourn for actors anyway? It's pathetic.
>>
>>64744456
Biggest of the last decade or so was Heat Legend.

Biggest ever? Maylin Monroe or something, I dunno.
>>
>>64744536
>>64744507
You seem confused.
>>
The media storm when the Queen dies is going to palpable
>>
>>64744644
I'm basically a republican but that day will be devastating.

She's been there through it all, man.
>>
>>64744608
damn that edge
>>
>>64744608
People get emotionally attached the actors. That's why we have celebrity news and papperazi. People want to know about their lives, like a parent wanting to know how their children's day was. Death is pretty traumatic.
>>
>>64744829
Its not edgy to not give a fuck when an elderly person you dont know dies.
>>
>>64744644
That reminds me of the actual answer to the thread.

Princess Diana.

They made fucking songs about her and shit when she died. Who else got that kind of treatment.
>>
>>64745036
ok
>>
>>64745075
JFK
>>
>>64744456
Lady Di, honestly you plebs are ams
>>
>>64744456
Probably Heath Ledger or River Phoenix. Because you knew that they went way too young. Honestly, with them dying, you knew you were losing some really compelling and well made work from the future.
>>
I never understood why people got all emotional about celebrities' deaths until Robin Williams died. I know it sounds stupid, but I was in and out of tears for like two or three days. It's just that he was such a HUGE part of my childhood, and he didn't just die, the happiest, funniest man in film fucking killed himself. That is some DEPRESSING Shit. I realized later that Mrs. Doubtfire in particular was really important to me as a child because it was a film where the parents got, and remained divorced, but everything was still ok in the end.

I was too young to care about Cobain, but that was a big one. My husband got really upset tonight about David Bowie. He didn't cry or anything, but he snapped at me once and then drank a little more than he probably should and went to bed later than normal since he has work tomorrow. I liked Bowie, and it made me sad, but it really bugged him.
I think as you get older the people you grew up admiring hit your hard when they die because you grew up on this earth knowing them, and it also makes you feel something about your own mortality.
>>
>>64745116
People literally killed themselves when Cobain died.
>>
>>64744644
LMAO Bongs thinking their old hag puppet 'queen' matters
>the caliphate of the UK
>>
>>64745116
ask your husband if he goes to /mu/
>>
>>64745152
He was a poet who captured the very essence of depression and anxiety. It's not really a wonder that a bunch of depressed people idolized him.

Too bad that fucking cunt had him murdered.
>>
>>64745176
He does't He might have tonight just to check it out, but it's not one of his go-to boards.
>>
>>64745178
You mean Courtney?
>>
Elvis / John Lennon / Kurt Cobain
>>
>>64745201
Yep.
>>
>>64745163
>implying I'm a britbong

Remember the coverage for that diamond jubilee? That didn't even matter. Her death will be fucking everywhere
>>
>>64745249
You're probably right. She's a celebrity after all. But the royalty itself has never been more of a joke.
>>
>>64745291
>the royalty itself has never been more of a joke

True. Outside of special days, I don't think Brits even give a shit.

Harry's alright though
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.