[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Shows you couldn't drop because you invested too

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

File: SOA-logo.png (14KB, 474x266px) Image search: [Google]
SOA-logo.png
14KB, 474x266px
ITT: Shows you couldn't drop because you invested too much time into them.
>>
File: takingashit.jpg (296KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
takingashit.jpg
296KB, 1280x720px
This fucking show... I don't even enjoy watching it most of the time
>>
File: JUST.jpg (12KB, 527x805px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
12KB, 527x805px
>>64740160
Not stopping after Season 3 or 4
>JUST
>>
>>64740160
the only thing that really makes me REE with the walking dead is the stupid fucking decisions and characters that fuck up so bad in the most stupid way.

The redeeming shit recently is Carol being a sexy badass and Rick being a straight up no chancer.
>>
>>64740108
literally dropped it on season 3, should have dropped on season 2 though, right before they kill the guy with only 1 ball.
>>
Im a real bitch when it comes to this. I dont even think its about time invested more than principle, if I watch more than a season of anything I gotta go until the end.

>>64740108
>>64740160
Both of the shows listed and
The League
Dexter
Californication
Weeds
Ray Donovan

Sometimes it works out in the end like Homeland. Homeland hit rock bottom but somehow realized it and actually turned it around.
>>
SOA had the biggest drop and stayed crazy terrible yet got consistently more popular.
>>
>>64740108
>>64740634

Yeah, I don't remember what season I almost quit but SOA is two seasons too long. I feel the same about Weeds but maybe even three seasons too long.
>>
>>64740108
my life
>>
I'm currently watching Arrested Development and just made it to the Netflix season. This show just fucking flatlined in terms of quality humor but I've gone to far to back out...
>>
>>64740766
What do you mean? Weeds ended after the third season... ( ._.)
>>
>>64740877
i wanted to kill myself by season 6 but kept watching for some reason.
>>
>>64740108
I was looking forward to getting into it, unfortunately I couldnt stand the acting from the leads, so I dropped it after s1
>>
>>64740853
I don't understand why fans wanted it back years after the third season ended (which most people agree was already going downhill).

Sure it sucks it got canceled, but sometimes you just have to let a series die before it goes Zombie Simpsons
>>
>>64740494
>Weeds
The Nancy/Andy sex scene almost made it worth it though
>>
>>64740959
I stopped watching some time after she started fucking the drug cartel kingpin guy. This confirms that was a good choice. What a fucking abomination. All that woman is good for was her cunt.
>>
>>64740494
Notice how 4/5 of these are Showtime shows?
>>
File: Dexter_Morgan.jpg (37KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
Dexter_Morgan.jpg
37KB, 300x400px
>>64740494
why couldn't they just limit dexter to 5 seasons
should've been
the order should've been:
Season 1: Was great, didn't need changing.
Season 2: Move Lithgow up to season 2 so dexter's annoying wife gets killed off early
Season 3: Some sort of mix between the storylines seasons 3 and 6
Season 4: Bay Harbor Butcher arc
Season 5: Closing season, end on a high note, you have successfully avoided jumping the shark
>>
>>64741216
That would keep Doakes alive into Season 4 which is all the series really needed in the first place.
>>
Black Sails' gay (literally) ending made me absolutely and completely regret all time spent watching it.
>>
File: 1452483501080.png (106KB, 253x283px) Image search: [Google]
1452483501080.png
106KB, 253x283px
>>64740108
>>64740160
Both of these. I'm ashamed to admit it, even anonymously on an Indochinese pizza sauce recipe swapping board.
>>
>>64741081
Most shows run longer than they should familia, this guy just likes Showtime shows like I do. I honestly don't think Californication ended that terribly though.
>>
>>64741216
>Move Lithgow up to season 2
It was perfectly placed imo to the point where people that didn't care for the wife were shocked when she actually died
>Bay Harbor Butcher arc
Problem is, what do Doakes and Deb do in-between season 1 and 4?

Not defending the show btw, I just think it was going to be hard to make regardless because Showtime is known for milking the hell out of their shows.
>>
>>64741388
Showtime and AMC.
And HBO.

Basically all networks other than NBC, because NBC cannot get any of their shows to stick for more than 6 episodes.
>>
>>64741262
Yeah. Killing Doakes in S2 was the dumbest thing ever
>>
>>64740108

>How I Met Your Mother

Started off great, turned to shit

>Weeds

Fantastic until about season 3 then utter shite
>>
>>64740811
Underrated post and underrated dubs.
>>
>>64741412
HBO is a little more modest about it at least. Hell, look at Boardwalk Empire, they killed the fuck out of it.
>>
>>64741482
That was the result of a few things rather than them not believing in it. Between the boardwalk set being destroyed by a hurricane and Winter/Scorcese wanting to do another show with Cannavale it just kind of fizzled out. It never achieved the success they wanted for the amount of money they put in, a real shame.
>>
>>64740108
This. I for the life of me can't tell what the fuck was happening in the last seasons and just wanted it to be over. Also had some brilliant moments of awful writing and awful effects. I watched it all.
>>
Homeland
>>
>>64741388
Doakes was the only true antagonist Dexter ever had after Brian died, so what would he do? He would continue to be a pain in the ass. Because that's what the purpose of character was.

One of the obvious problems that the show has was that when they finally caught up to Dexter, it was Laguerta who was leading the charge IIRC, which didn't work particularly well because Laguerta was Deb's antagonist, not Dexter's.

Deb's story arc was fine for the most part except for the incest, which goes without saying.
>>
>>64741654
Homeland is one of the rare cases that went to shit but actually recovered well.
>>
>>64741694
I couldnt get into a show about a kike and an airheaded 'craazy' women, stopped during early season 2.
>>
>>64741749
Season 1 was good and 2 is where it hit rock fucking bottom with all of Brody's family bullshit involved. After that they pretty much forgot all of that happened and shifted the focus of the show and seasons 3 and 4 were both pretty good.
>>
>>64741482
>HBO
>>
>>64741639
I'm just waiting for someone to post the cripple dragging scene.
>>
>AMC-we-air-the-last-season-as-two-mini-seasons
>>
File: 24-Complete-Series-Box-Art.jpg (736KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
24-Complete-Series-Box-Art.jpg
736KB, 1280x720px
It stopped being 24 when it wasn't CTU and when characters came back from the dead
>>
>>64741749

You don't even know how badly you're missing out.
>>
>>64741749
Now she's not crazy anymore, it's a super power
>>
>>64740160
Dropped at 3. Firsty season was great. Season 3 was a step up from 2 which is without a doubt the most boring telly I've seen, but it had the same flaws. Everything but the first and last 5 minutes is filler, and the events (particularly deaths) never feel natural. They'll kill 500 zombies in one shot, then in the next they're killed by 2.

>>64740108
I found the opposite. I wouldn't have carried on but my girlfriend wanted to. It definitely gets better though. Only issue is that I'm on season 5 and really fucking sick of this CLAY IS ABOUT TO DIE GUYS CAN YOU BELIEVE IT followed by WAIT NO ACTUALLY literally ever season.
>>
>>64742009
>Only issue is that I'm on season 5 and really fucking sick of this CLAY IS ABOUT TO DIE GUYS CAN YOU BELIEVE IT followed by WAIT NO ACTUALLY literally ever season.

God damn, tell me about it. I think my favorite scene is to come, where he is in church, having a sermon about pussy. It's pretty fucking funny. I wish the show stayed more like that and wish some character fates changed, like the whole Juice being a rat and Danny Trejo being a snitch.
>>
>>64741482
>>64741592
Does Boardwalk get bad? I loved up until S3 but still haven't seen S4/5.

>>64741849
I loved the first season so much. They all took a steep decline, but were watchable. Season 6 or so wasn't though. So fucking bad it's unreal.
>>
>>64742092
>Season 6

I was so hype for Billith and Warlow but they and the whole season went to shit. Does anyone know what was the point of having Tara as a character?
>>
>>64742092
If you have enjoyed it so far then you will enjoy the rest of it even though season 5 wasnt very good. Winter/Scorcese really wanted to move on so they just kinda scrapped everything going into season 5 and simplified it to wrap everything up in only 8 episodes.
>>
>>64740108
Misfits, after mid season 3 the writting and most of the new characters turned for the worse. Alone Rudy was a bit of a saving grace towards the end of the show.
>>
What ended up happening with Sons of Anarchy? I think I stopped watching around the season where Opie died.
>>
>>64740494

I enjoy Ray Donovan...
>>
>>64741929
But last season with 12 episodes was great anon.
Just give me more Jack please :(
>>
Supernatural. Fuck me, it's been a rollercoaster since season 5
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.