[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The lightsaber in TFA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

File: images (18).jpg (12KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images (18).jpg
12KB, 443x332px
Wasn't the blue lighsword that Anakin and Luke used featured in The Force Awakens?
Like it's supposed to be the lightsaber Anakin used before losing to Obi Wan, and the lightsword that Obi Wan later gives to Luke?

I thought Luke lost it into the pit at Bespin after having his arm cut off, and therefore made his own lightsword.

Am I just missing something or is this just extremely shitty writing?
>>
>after having arm cut off
Meant hand lmao
>>
>>64719062
It's Kasdan, of course it's not shitty writing.
>>
Find out this and many more questions next movie!!!!!!
>>
>>64719062
Maz says 'thats a story for another time' and thats all the explanation in the movie. Guess JJ wants to leave important things like that and why the fuck rey can instantly do crazy jedi shit with seemingly no training to be explained by different people/writers. Fuck JJ
>>
>>64719062
Did you not pay attention to what they said in the scene? Maz found it somehow and didn't say how "that's a story for a different time", its bad writing but i assume its so they can do some dumb tie-in comic to show how she found it
>>
>>64719209
they literally want you to watch the next movies
>>
File: obi-wan-kenobi.jpg (45KB, 650x365px) Image search: [Google]
obi-wan-kenobi.jpg
45KB, 650x365px
>>64719062
>Rey, this lightsaber was your grandfather's. He used it to slaughter hundreds of Jedi and massacred many children with it. He was a good friend
>>
it's the same one that killed all the younglings
>>
>>64719292
how dare HOW DARE THEY
>>
>>64719062
That's a story for another time...
>>
>>64719292
NO FUCKING WAY
>>
>>64719594
Shouldn't that thing be chock full of dark side energy then?
>>
>>64720028

>Implying that's not where they going with it
>>
File: cloud_city_corridor15.jpg (33KB, 450x308px) Image search: [Google]
cloud_city_corridor15.jpg
33KB, 450x308px
>>64719062
>Wasn't the blue lighsword that Anakin and Luke used featured in The Force Awakens?
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. It just looks like an uncanny duplicate.

Think about it. It's there, and we never actually see the fate of his hand or lightsaber, so clearly it didn't fall to the planet.

What we see of the vents only occurs when he falls into one and is let out, which suggests it registered his weight or presence. The hand and lightsaber may have been too small to register, or they simply fell somewhere that they couldn't be sucked into a tube. At least the lightsaber would have later been discovered by an engineer or someone.

Why are people still dwelling upon this?
>>
>>64720689
Then how did it get all the way back then?
>>
>>64720689
Defending that bullshit is like defending the prequels. Just don't.
>>
>>64721020
Janitor droid.
>>
>>64721140
>Something that is lost can never be found again.
Yep, thats logical.
>>
File: Cloud_City.jpg (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Cloud_City.jpg
46KB, 640x480px
>>64719062
That pit had a bottom.
>>
>>64719161

its been like 25 years since kasdan wrote something decent
>>
>>64723270

the pit wasnt part of that stem in the old eu

the stem is full of like power conduits that run down to some flotation thingy on the end
>>
>>64719062

I don't understand how she would even know it was his.
>>
>>64719062
the saber fell out with the hand when luke did, its shitty writing on TFA part. Everyone knows this that's why Jar Jar has no answer for it.
>>
>>64723270
Maz bought it at a Cloud City gift shop.
>>
>>64719478

From a more civilized age
>>
>>64723428
She's clearly some sort of Wizard. She also knows Han closely enough to jokingly call Chewie her boyfriend.
>>
>>64723428
The force
>>
>>64723533
I hope Chewie rips its arms off in the next movie.
>>
>>64723639
That would be kinky.
>>
>>64719180
just like who Sifer Dias was and why he ordered the creation of a clone army right?
>>
>>64719209
I don't have a problem with not getting all of the answers immediately. That was literally the problem with the prequels

They obviously teased some sort of happening during that flashback sequence
>>
>>64724878
From Attack of the Clones it seemed pretty clear to me that Dooku/Sheev ordered the creation of the clones in Sifer's name, but apparently in the 3D reddit toon they gave him a whole backstory with 'the power of foresight' and shit
>>
>>64721020
$10 on it being how C-3PO lost his arm. Screencap this post.
>>
>>64725159
if it's not explained in the movie, it doesn't count.
>>
The Ugnaughts of Bespin and sold it to Weequay Traders at the Flea Market of Rishi, who then lost it in a Paazak game to Maz Kanata. You would know this if you read the Rey vs Kylo Ren coloring book (all newly published Star Wars material is canon).
>>
>>64725159
stuff like this pisses me off. i'm a grown ass man who loves starwars and don't want to watch a cartoon to get important information for the plot
>>
File: Billy Gunn.jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Billy Gunn.jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
>>64725759
>i'm a grown ass man
No, this is a grown ass man
>>
>>64725310
>>64725759
As far as I'm concerned it exist because the movie actually does a good job (surprisingly) of subtly showing that Sheev is pulling shady shit and no more info is necessary
>>
>>64725866
he looks more like a tits guy
>>
>>64719062
They had to peel Luke's dead hand off it.
>>
>>64725891
I agree that you can reasonably assume that Sheev orchestrated it all, it's just that the jedi make a big point of wanting to investigate this sifer dias shit and then no one ever brings it up again. So no, it's not explained and I doubt we'll get proper explanations for half the shit in TFA outside of autistic comics and shit no adult would ever read.
>>
>>64725891
>Sheev
I admittedly haven't been here for like 2 months, but is he even going to be in the new trilogy? I thought he died in RotJ and Sith death = permanent
>>
File: leia TFA.jpg (23KB, 540x311px) Image search: [Google]
leia TFA.jpg
23KB, 540x311px
Is that Leia arm that's getting the saber!?!?

I just fucking noticed this and what the fuck was this shot even filmed? WTF was the original idea? Was it just a shot for the trailer to mislead people?
>>
>>64727187
That looks like it's from the scene where she shows newbois and Han R2
>>
>>64725420
>"YOU HAVE TO BUY OUR CANON $10 COMICS TO FIND OUT MORE :DDDD"

Yeah, sounds like the really cared about conveying the story fully to all audiences just through the movie

Also, shouldn't the lightsaber be completely destroyed judging from the fact that it fell miles down

I mean, don't you think an AR-15 would be much operable, let alone be in good-looking shape, if you dropped it from Empire State Building
>>
luke had a green saber in vi
>>
>>64727394 Not sure what you're trying to say

Look at Leia's costume in the pic I posted, the colors of her sleeves are identical to the one showed in the trailer.
>>
>>64727063
Well, it's not canon any more, but in the EU there was some guy that offered his body up as a replacement for Sheev's soul/force ghost/whatever should he die, and Sheev gains control of that body, or some shit like that.

Then there is the fact that it's canon that Maul survived being cut in half and falling down a giant pit, so as long as he got out before the Death Star blew up, Sheev could very well still be alive.

Basically they could bring back Sheev with any number of asspulls if they want.
>>
What happened to obi wans light saber after Vader killed him?
>>
>>64727624
Read the fucking OP you dumb shit
>>
>>64727824
Yeah Darth Bane learned how to preform it and then passed it down, think it was some bs like an essence transfer from a holocron by Darth Annegan or some bs, fuck spelling lad.
>>
File: 1452228702416.png (1MB, 1920x815px) Image search: [Google]
1452228702416.png
1MB, 1920x815px
>>64730632
>"Bane?"
>>
File: 1452304677905.png (779KB, 600x895px) Image search: [Google]
1452304677905.png
779KB, 600x895px
ANYONE ELSE PISSED THAT THEY DIDN'T GIVE THE LIGHTSABERS THE ICONIC HUMMING NOISE?!?!
>>
>>64727187
Yeah that and kylo igniting the saber in woods weren't in the movie.. As well as some other shots from the trailer.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.