[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Awful films /tv/ tricked you into giving an undeserved chance.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

Awful films /tv/ tricked you into giving an undeserved chance.
>>
Watched that just this morning. Was a fairly average movie with some interesting imagery at times, but the script was just awful.
>>
>>64716315
There were admittedly some good visuals, but then those same good visuals would be repeated over and over again. And yeah, the script is so bad that I would point to this movie as an example of what a visual rough draft looks like, and to avoid it.
>>
File: Bellflower_Poster_1500w_72dpi.jpg (286KB, 1028x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Bellflower_Poster_1500w_72dpi.jpg
286KB, 1028x1500px
>>64715665
I wasn't that pissed off at BTBR, it was a low budget film with a dull script but the visuals made it watchable.

Now this crap...
>>
File: images.jpg (62KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
62KB, 667x1000px
>>
Mad Max Fury Road,
because I'm not a Red Bull Millennial spaztard
>>
>>64717718
I actually went to the theater to see that I was so misled by the hype. While there were a few cool practical effects, it was fucking obnoxious. Half the characters had no character, the other half were frantic hot topic tweens. Every time the film tried for plot it was laughably derivitive; that forced romance between the two non-characters, that moment Furiosa screams into the sky and you're suddenly expected to care. The action scenes were well-choreographed but the music was overbearing; it was like an oscar montage, it was practically begging for awards. It was edgy and tryhard in the most boring way possible, and safe and conventional in all the wrong areas. At the end everyone in my showing clapped and I felt absolutely deflated.
>>
>>64717936
>it was like an oscar montage, it was practically begging for awards
If you seriously think Mad Max: Fury Road is Oscar bait you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>64718005
I was talking about the two chase scenes with the orchestra music. It didn't fit at all, it felt like a weird industry montage/reel.
>>
>>64717936
>Every time the film tried for plot it was laughably derivitive
Everything is derivative. Anyway, you watch a film like Fury Road for the action. The plot is only used to get us to the next action scene.
>>
>>64717936
>While there were a few cool practical effects, it was fucking obnoxious. Half the characters had no character, the other half were frantic hot topic tweens.
Have you ever watched a Mad Max movie before?
>>
>>64718079
The action was too brief and the plot too boring, sorry. I don't hate action, I love good action; Fury Road is just banal and colorful noise.
>>
>>64718147
I've seen all of them.
>>
>>64715665

Her

one of the worst fucking movies I have ever seen. great premise which was executed badly. also, scarlett johansson a shit
>>
>>64718157
>The action was too brief
Seriously? Around half of the movie was nonstop action.
>>
>>64717117
What? /tv/ has been relentlessly shitting on this movie ever since it came out. I can't remember the last time I saw a Bababook thread that wasn't full of hatred.
>>
>>64718157

>The action was too brief

stopped reading right there. either you're the worst troll ever or literally a fucking retard. the action was all over the place. I can't remember having ever watched a more action packed movie, jesus christ
>>
>>64718275
Funny, because when I think back on seeing it in the theater all I remember are the long stretches of nothing happening, of the characterless women talking to eachother, the old women talking to the young women, Furiosa scowling, the stupid romance between Red Hair Woman With Glasses and Bald Pale Hot Topic Dude. It slogged forever, in my memory.
>>
>>64718348
Fury Road is fucking boring. There was one neat action scene at the beginning, and everything else is a boring shallow anime-tier plot and character moments, then when it goes back to being an action movie it's just a watered down version of the first action scene. It's a movie built around literally one good scene, and that scene lasts for like 3 minutes.
>>
>>64718519

name some action movies you like then
>>
>>64718209
Then why are you surprised some of the characters are underdeveloped? Every Mad Max movie has had underdeveloped characters?
>>
>>64718332
I see people defending it at about a 50/50 split, and back when I first got tricked into watching it everyone was praising it.
>>
>>64718590
I meant to use a . instead of a ? at the end of the second sentence.
>>
>>64718590
Because they were treated as undedeveloped and utilized for what they were - interesting looking characters. But in Fury Road, you're expected to care emotionally about her tragic past, you're supposed to care that there's a romance blossoming between two literally whos. Show me any moment in the other Mad Max films where they try for anything so sappy.
>>
>>64718664
>Show me any moment in the other Mad Max films where they try for anything so sappy.
The kids in Beyond Thunderdome.
>>
>>64718700
Not at all similar, Max is begrudging the entire time.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (11KB, 192x263px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
11KB, 192x263px
>>
>>64718857
That's a patrician film, though.
>>
>>64718890
I wont fall for your lies again reddit
>>
>>64715665
this piece of shit
>>
Sicario
>>
>>64719487
I enjoyed Drive. It wasn't as stylish as it seemed to promise in the beginning, but it's a decent watch.
>>
>>64719616
ok good 4 u
seriously that movie was just shit pandering to teens who pick up controllers more than they do books
>>
>>64718332

Were you here before it came out originally or after? Before it came out it was being shilled nonstop and there were literally numerous threads calling it the scariest movie ever.
>>
File: Bellflower_Stills_5.jpg (105KB, 650x478px) Image search: [Google]
Bellflower_Stills_5.jpg
105KB, 650x478px
>>64716658
yeah fuck that movie. Horrible writing and acting.

the only cool part is that it was shot using a custom film camera that the director literally built himself
>>
>>64719532
it had some good moments but overall wasn't very good i think
>>
>>64718064
they were bretty cool tho
>>
>>64719688
What

Drive was literally the center of a lawsuit where a woman sued because the movie was too slow.
>>
>>64719487
Drive seriously sucked, never watching it again
>>
>>64716658
the whole "it was all in his head" pissed me the fuck off.

i mean honestly?
>>
File: Take-Shelter.jpg (103KB, 800x599px) Image search: [Google]
Take-Shelter.jpg
103KB, 800x599px
Not sure what the general consensus is on /tv/ but I just watched this last night and I'm not sure how I feel about it. The film was competently made and Michael Shannon is great but the story is like ummmm ok and I honestly would be happy to never see Jessica Chaistains stupid ugly face ever again.
>>
>>64720144
what does that have to do with anything?
wait there was another unsatisfied whining entitled bitch who has money to burn on some stupid lawsuit? that means im wrong seeing how she said the pacing was slow? wait so this isnt catered to the lowest common denominator? ok.......
>>
>>64720423

Jessica Chaistain was annoying and I wish she wasn't in it, but I did like the story as a depiction of psychosis. I actually thought it was really good in depicting it.
>>
File: 1452148628889.jpg (200KB, 1068x1222px) Image search: [Google]
1452148628889.jpg
200KB, 1068x1222px
Joe Dirt!!!
Joe Dirt!!!
Joe Dirt!!!
>>
>>64721175
I swear every movie I have watched on netflix lately has had either Jessica Chastain or Oscar Isacc in it (or both, A Most Violent Year sucked). Its really annoying I wish they would both fuck off
>>
File: terrorvision1.jpg (936KB, 830x1500px) Image search: [Google]
terrorvision1.jpg
936KB, 830x1500px
This was so bad and painful to watch that if I ever met the person who recommended this in real life I would beat them to within an inch of their life.
>>
>>64721679
youre dumb if you watch any horror b-movie with unrealistic expectations
>>
>>64721450
what the fuck was he thinking with that haircut
>>
>>64722308
>what is Halloween
>>
Game of Thrones.
>>
>>64721679
>disliking Terrorvision

Get.

Out.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.