[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Garden State

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: largeman.jpg (114KB, 350x243px) Image search: [Google]
largeman.jpg
114KB, 350x243px
what did you think of Garden State?

did you actually like it or do you just really like indie?
what did you think of Zach Braff's character? He's a large man.
>>
>>64705507
It's awful. I really hated it.
>>
seemed really lame and quirky so i never bothered watching it, am i missing out?
>>
>>64705507
I generally dont mind small 'quirky' indie movies (For example i loved the go-geter).

But i fucking hated Garden State, and i dont even mind Zach Braff that much.
>>
>>64705507
>did you actually like it or do you just really like indie?
You're not making any sense.
I think its a comfy movie, totally alright.
>>
>>64705507
zach braff's character was annoying as fuck. but then again it might have hit a little close to home. pretty much all the characters grated on me except for the one trope that i normally hate, the manic pixie dream girl. it is one of nata-lee hershlag's best performances and almost everything about her including her family is perfect.

story is 5/10
characters are 4/10
mood is 7/10
music is 8/10

pretty much it is a solid little indie film but the characters could use work. there isn't much of a story but that is intentional i think.
>>
>>64705534
Zach Braff plays an actor who is medicated or something and emotionally blunt, one could say autistic but he comes back home for his fathers funeral and meets Natalie Portman in the local autism center, they begin this quirky relationship and Zach gets cucked by Portmans characters adopted half-brother who was once a starving African child.
>>
GOAT soundtrack
>>
>>64705784
this is accurate
>>
>>64705507
I'm a patrician and I like it.
It's a good amateur movie and hipster girls like it
So why wouldn't I like it?
>>
great soundtrack

lokking back on it it seems a bit reddit but it wqs a big part of the indie movement.which of course isnt even comparable to the hipster movement.

very cool, very comfy.
>>
Didn't finish it, but it was pretty comfy. Everyone loves to hate it. I guess i can see why.
>>
>>64705507
New Slang from The Shins is the only thing that made this shit worth wasting my time on
>>
>>64705784
>Zach Braff plays an actor who is medicated or something and emotionally blunt
He's such a fucking poser and narcissistic naval-gazer in this role and he actually did something dangerous by portraying anti-depressants as numbing. They're not.
You can tell he's just a narcissist who thinks he has been depressed and wants attention any pity.
>>
Like everyone, got into the shins through this film and the coldplay song - dont panic is also excellent.

Film is comfy and enjoyable. The spiritual sequel that zack braff made is trash and i could barely sit through it.

Garden state is good though.
>>
I really liked a lot of the characters, but there were a lot of cliches that I just couldn't get over. Ignoring those, the entire concept of Zach Braff not being able to feel emotion is really interesting and leads to really really really good character development. I got chills the scene where he screems into the pit. It feels so full of raw emotion. I can't tell if that's the cause of really good acting or really good directing.

Basically I felt meh for most of the romance part of the plot due to how generic it was, but I absolutely adored the party's about Braff struggling with his emotions.
>>
>>64705507
He's a redditor
>>
Great for what it is. The hate is unwarranted.
>>
File: Garden State - Hershlag Dance.webm (2MB, 1280x546px) Image search: [Google]
Garden State - Hershlag Dance.webm
2MB, 1280x546px
>>
>>64706673
>narcissist who thinks he has been depressed and wants attention any pity.
Like most people do.
>>
File: Garden State - Hershlag qt.webm (3MB, 630x538px) Image search: [Google]
Garden State - Hershlag qt.webm
3MB, 630x538px
>>
>>64707883
So much projection.

Also, there's a difference between neuroticism and narcissism.
>>
I love it. Very comfy movie. I don't thinj Braff did a bad job though the movie could've been better with another actor, at least it wouldn't be worse. Portman really made me fall for her character. She was just so charming and quirky, like the whole movie.
>>
>>
>>64705507

watched it with a girl in our teens when liking death cab for cutie and other shit music could get you pussy.

Looking back I hate myself and hate this movie. And I hate the shins.

How fucking arrogant of someone making a movie to just plug the current shitty indie song they're digging so ass-fistedly into their movie.
>gotta listen to this, best song ever, it'll change your life
get fucked
>>
>>64707825
>>64708319
that hair is JUST tier
>>
>>64706673
>You can tell he's just a narcissist who thinks he has been depressed and wants attention any pity.

It's been a while since I've seen the movie, but isn't it basically stated that Braff's dad medicated him because he was a shitty parent and didn't know how to deal with him acting out?
>>
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.