[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Something about the aliens just doesn't feel like Star Wars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: tfaliens.jpg (357KB, 1024x382px) Image search: [Google]
tfaliens.jpg
357KB, 1024x382px
Something about the aliens just doesn't feel like Star Wars but I can't put my finger on why...
>>
For me they all feel to clean
>>
>>64701851
You're probably right.
Lucas purposefully dirtied up props and stuff to give it more character.
>>
>>64701785
Where did the aliens park their ships when visiting Maz Kanata's castle?
Mos Eisley and Mos Espa had countless hangars inside the city.
>>
File: wolfman1977b.jpg (25KB, 700x301px) Image search: [Google]
wolfman1977b.jpg
25KB, 700x301px
It'd be a bit inexcusable for a new Star Wars movie to do it because those are big budget films but I really do love the signs of cost cutting that's in A New Hope and Empire. The Catina having a Wolfman just makes me smile.

Really dumb that Lucas replaced it with CGI in the Special Editions, the rest of the movie still looks like its made in 1977.
>>
>>64701785
I never liked the fact that there are so many fucking species you barely ever see two non-human characters of the same species.

This also leads to a situation where all the other species have pretty much no background, no story behind them.
>>
>>64701785
Holy shit can you imagine they dropped all of the main characters in the movie and used the characters in this picture
>no nig no boyega
>Rey. C mixer
>no old rehashed, Luke, Leia, han

Instead we get
>far right red guy as the antagonist, maybe the leader of a crime syndicate
>big bossk guy and DNA resevoir girl as the main characters and then you could pick anyone out of that crowd to be part of their gang maybe the critter and that robot
>make a new ship instead of reusing the falcon again

Fuck I'm almost depressed over how badly they screwed up
>>
Cool aliens I didn't see in TFA:

Twilek
Rodian
Trandoshan
Duros
Hutt
Bith
Bothan
Iridorian/Zabrak

Aliens in TFA:

Elephant leg man
Jester girl
Orange cgi yoda
Bloody tampon man
Portion man
>>
>>64702058

In assorted other discrete clearings in the forest, such as where they parked the Falcon, obviously. God, do you need JJ to hold your hand and patiently explain the movie to you as you watch, or can you use that packing material between your ears to extrapolate unspoken information?
>>
Star wars already has tons and tons of alien species. It's fine for them to introduce new ones, every movie does, but fuck,does the new movie have to consist almost exclusively of new alien designs? It would feel a lot more like star wars if it was full of existing species like rodians, ithorians, etc. Instead they had to show off their stupid new designs.
>>
>>64702965

This, there was a complete lack of actual Star Wars aliens. If they had introduced a few new ones that would be fine but there were literally no aliens from the other movies.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.