[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why were they evil again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

File: 4057844.jpg (34KB, 457x500px) Image search: [Google]
4057844.jpg
34KB, 457x500px
Why were they evil again?
>>
>>64699463

Because they blew up a planet.
>>
>>64699463
They blow up planets instead of taking them over and using their resources.
>>
File: 1452085266122.jpg (59KB, 448x599px) Image search: [Google]
1452085266122.jpg
59KB, 448x599px
>>64699485
>>64699478
>They don't know the reason Sheev built the Death Star
>>
File: long live sheev.jpg (41KB, 700x409px) Image search: [Google]
long live sheev.jpg
41KB, 700x409px
Destruction of Alderaan is the only thing that makes them evil.

And even that is justifiable given that Alderaan was birthpace of rebellion and also its' primary financial backer. They provided lot of equipment too.

It was a valid target. And if you disagree you probably think nuking hiroshima and nagasaki was unjustified as well.

So to answer your question OP, empire was not evil.
>>
>>64699665
The nuke were very much unjustified but probably saved a lot of lives.
>>
>>64699463
>tfw you will never be an effay New Order TIE pilot
>>
>>64699463
They are racist.
>>
Evil is a point of view, anon. I'd imagine that for the average human life changed very little or maybe even got better under the Empire. Aliens got it worse, but who cares about aliens really? Republic era shows what happens when you treat those slimy three-eyed retards like they were our equals. Corruption and war everywhere. Sheev did nothing wrong.
>>
>>64699908
human supremacy =/= racism

>>64699922
For average human the life changed a lot. Of course for the better.
No more corruption, better economy, more efficient bureucracy.
>>
>>64699665
>blowing up an entire planet full of billions of innocent people is justifiable because there were probably members of an enemy group somewhere on that planet
>>
>>64700070
The leadership of the planet were supporting rebel scum, the majority of the were probably indoctrinated in rebel propoganda.
>>
>>64700070
They were at war, anon. It's really no different from nuking Japan or bombing middle east, just on a larger scale because the galaxy is huge too.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7bmXywWus8

I dunno senpai. They look like a fun bunch to me.
>>
>>64700070
Destroying Alderaan is as justifiable as bombing Dresden or nuking Hiroshima is.

Also we dont know how many millions of lives would crushing rebellion in its roots save.

Not to mention
>there were probably members of an enemy group somewhere on that planet
It was the planets' leadership. By your logic bombing Nazi Germany was unjustified because there were only few nazis in charge.
>>
>>64700070
Rebel scum detected

Your kind will be the first in line to the Kessel spice mines
>>
>>64699463

> Why were they evil again?

Their leaders are white males.
>>
>>64700215
>Kessel spice mines
Sorry anon, not canon anymore.
>>
File: 1450674918264.jpg (187KB, 1200x850px) Image search: [Google]
1450674918264.jpg
187KB, 1200x850px
>>64700070
>Noone cries over the millions that died on the two death stars
>>
>>64700070
Its like if you discover the mayor of an isolated part of your country is supporting terrorism and have done it for years, using the resources of the region to fund them and supplying them with troops. Its perfectly justified
>>
>>64700233
Doesn't Threepio say something about that in the original trilogy though? I could be wrong
>>
File: Spice_Mines_of_Kessel.png (1MB, 1910x1025px) Image search: [Google]
Spice_Mines_of_Kessel.png
1MB, 1910x1025px
>>64700233
>"We'll be sent to the spice mines of Kessel"
-faggot droid, A New Hope

Not to mention it's in Rebels and like 5 other canon sources
>>
>>64699766
Making them justified
>>
File: first_order.jpg (87KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
first_order.jpg
87KB, 500x500px
>>64700234
>Be citizen of New Republic
>Your father died on Death Star
>You believe in the ideas of the republic, but you see it degenerate into ineffective, corrupt, bureucratic mess with the society in decay
>Day after day you hate the republic more and more
>You finally realize that the bad guys won
>You decide to leave to join the first order to avenge your father and fight for better galaxy
There WILL be novel like this, right?
>>
>>64700348
Eventually yeah, right now Disney is keeping a tight lock on what gets written . Trying to keep the original blacl and white stuff, but sooner or later it will get to big for them
>>
>>64700391

Disney has come up with new black and white stuff Rey is blacked
>>
>>64700391
Well given Disney's new concept of EU (Everything is coherent, no more canon tiers, everything is as canon as movies are) i doubt we will reach the old EU levels of shitting out new novel every week.

But there already are some grey stories. I mean you got that romeo and juliet thing where one character fights for rebellion and the other for empire. For being described as young adult novel or whatever it's bretty good even in describing politics and shit.

However if they ever do something like >>64700348 the protagonist probably turns against the first order eventually because while making empire not seem that bad is not a big deal, the First Order nazi symbolism is a bit wee too heavy in order for them to be good guys.
>>
File: 1445838220825.jpg (148KB, 500x730px) Image search: [Google]
1445838220825.jpg
148KB, 500x730px
>>64699665
>Destruction of Alderaan is the only thing that makes them evil.
>And even that is justifiable given that Alderaan was birthpace of rebellion and also its' primary financial backer. They provided lot of equipment too.
>it was a valid target.

Even Tarkin admits that Alderaan wasn't a military target and and that he blew it up for keks.
Listen, I like to be an imperial apologist as much as the next guy, but at least get your facts straight.
>>
>>64700695
Even according to new canon Alderaan was major supporter of the rebellion.
>>
>>64700695
The galaxy was in the middle of a civil war, they had to show what happens when you support rebels. It was either blowing up one planet or total chaos across the galaxy.
>>
>>64700746
And according to Tarkin's statement, he apparently didn't know that.
Guy walks into a supermarket, shoots five random people. Turns out, those five people were ISIS and were going to blow up a building, but he really just wanted to kill some people.
Is he a hero?
>>
>>64701493
Fair point.
>>
>>64701493
Im pretty sure they knew or suspected it, he just wanted to show Leia how powerful the empire was.
>>
>>64701553
>Hey? I think ISIS has a base under this city.
>Yeah? How do you know?
>Well I don't, but like one of their top guys is from there, and we spotted some ISIS vehicles in the area a few times.
>So we have no idea what their ties are to the local government, if any, and the majority of the people probably have nothing to do with ISIS, even if and I repeat IF they havea base under the city?
>Pretty much.
>Fuck it, drop a few hundred shells on them. Surplus has to go someplace
>>
>>64701614
The top guys were literal leaders of the planet, and they knew
>>
>>64699463
because they were trying to eradicate the space jews
>>
>>64701796
>They know that Alderaan, a powerful and wealthy planet, is fully supporting the Rebellion.
>Yet the base they want to find, which they are satisfied with, the base that they consider to be the big hold out locations of the Rebellion, is some bunker on a jungle moon with a handful of starfighters.
That is some prequel level lapse in logic.
>>
>>64701834
Did you see a single on of Watto's species after the Empire took over?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.