[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What am i in for family?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: brazil.jpg (69KB, 950x674px) Image search: [Google]
brazil.jpg
69KB, 950x674px
What am i in for family?
>>
Boredom and confused plotlined unless you have 4 hour directors cut and some lsd.
>>
>>64692463
1984 except Big Brother is a dangerous idiot
>>
>>64692463
Disappointment that there aren't women with big asses in a movie called Brazil.
>>
>>64692500
This. Christ. Thought this would be fantastic, and while the ending and first 30 minutes was, the other 2 hours weren't.
>>
>>64692619
Seems pretty good so far, that soundtrack is based
>>
>>64692681
Look, you may enjoy it. Perhaps I should give it another go, I quite enjoyed the mad world Terry presented, but I found it flat during the middle. The ending is fucking great though. You should watch Dark City after this, I personally think that's better, similar films in some ways too.
>>
>>64692729
Dark City was top tier until we find out what's outside the city. After that everything was a really sillty cheesefest.
>>
>>64692774
Like Lost and other mysteries, the unknown is far more attractive and perhaps horrific. That's why I love Zodiac so much.
>>
It's a parody of modern society. The movie was great, albeit, it's a little advanced for some people who are used to just watching shit. The problem is, people watch the samurai scene and think. "Hey this must be wacky and entertaining". Instead of actually thinking of the directorial choices being made.
>>
>>64692463
a scathing critique of the capitalist system.
>>
>>64692805
That's not an excuse. Matrix aired that same year from what I remember and the reveal was much more exciting than the mystery. The stuff that happened in Dark City in the end looked like from a cheesy 50s sci-fi novel that's usually parodied nowadays.

You're talking about Lost, but how about Twin Peaks, Carnivale or The Prisoner. In all of those the mystery was great but unraveling it made it even better, not worse.
>>
>>64692819
>a bit advanced for some people

No. It was relatively transparent and easy to read.

>>64692869
I'm not ecusing it. I actually agree with you. But a lot of the time, the reveal is lame compared to what our minds were scrambling to workout. Like the reveals of monsters in horror films - Mama comes to mind.
>>
>>64692869
You should watch American Gothic. It belonged in yer list of good.
>>
>>64692500
the actual flick feels like 4 hours anyway, huge drag to watch. good luck op.
>>
it does require multiple viewings to fully appreciate. its probably Terry Gilliams best work.
>>
>>64692988
My point is that you made it sound like mystery is better than the reveal by default, which isn't true. It's just easier to create good mystery and harder to create a satisfying reveal.
>>
OP HERE 32 mins in, 10/10 so far
>>
>>64693243
I personally believe that is the case, or at least the rule. There are exceptions, which you named, but they are few and far between.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.