[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>It's like poetry, they rhyme TFA and all of its se

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9

File: punished george.jpg (57KB, 479x580px) Image search: [Google]
punished george.jpg
57KB, 479x580px
>It's like poetry, they rhyme

TFA and all of its sequels will fail because there is no overarching vision for them. Star Wars has lost its original roots and is now simply "space adventure movie set in space with spaceships".

Come back George... we need your vision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7ZW1gtCljs
>>
>>64653888
>TFA and all of its sequels will fail because there is no overarching vision for them.

Lucas had no vision when making the prequels either. When he made Star Wars he had absolutely no plans to make sequels. The only reason he decided to was because of the success of the movies. He went back to his notes, took some ideas he had thrown away and made it seem like he had this whole universe panned out.

He didn't, he made the prequels up as he went along, and it's fucking obvious with all the inconsistencies between the prequels and the original trilogy.

Quit sucking on his waddle, let the autistic fucker die.
>>
PLEASE COME BACK GEORGE

WE'RE SORRY

AND WE MISS YOU
>>
I wish the autist who spams these threads would stop
>>
>>64653888
Georgie, please ;-;
>>
>>64654162
>implying it's only one person who wants George back

https://www.change.org/p/disney-lucasfilm-kathleen-kennedy-george-lucas-back-to-the-star-wars-movies
>>
>>64653960
and somewhere in all that Star Wars became Episode IV

On the one hand Lucas' autism is the only reason we have Star Wars to begin with but on the other hand his autism is why he's done everything hes done since. Its kind of bittersweet.
>>
>>64654192
>an epic farewell

hahaha they actually think 9 will be the end, how cute
>>
>>64654216
Lucas is a good idea man, he should've never been director, he should've been producer and creative consultant and let the writers, directors, editors, and the effects team make the movie for him, which is how we got episode iv and v. Once he went full ego trip and took over in episode vi, we got his true nature. Actually we got it before that with Howard the Duck, but that's another story.
>>
>>64654192

way to sign 9,998 fake names to your phony petition, autismo
>>
>>64654303
lol
>>
ahahaha all those comments thinking it's a good think. holyy shit man
>>
>>64654192
We know man. ALL OF Reddit wants him back. Thats a lot of people. You guys outnumber us.
>>
>>64653960
>>64653888

I've never watched the prequels and not seen tfa.

should I watch the star war films in order?

Or not bother.
>>
>>64654385
Star with the trilogy, watch the anti-cheese prequels on youtube, go see tfa.

As much as I hate elements from them, I will not deny that they are not culturally significant and elements from them will persist in our culture for a long time. If you don't like A New Hope and The Empire Strikes back, by all means feel free to drop them.
>>
>>64654378
>reddit on the mind
>pleb prequel basher
>>
>>64654378
Are you retarded?
Reddit loved TFA and hates the prequels
>>
>>64654417

ok will do, thanks.
>>
>>64654385
>>64654417
>>64654469
>watch the anti-cheese trilogy on youtube

NO. If you're watching Star Wars for the very first time watch the prequels the way Lucas intended them to be watched. The anti-cheese edits remove a lot of the fun but slightly cringeworthy parts from Episodes 1-3, and they ultimately end up having a really weird tone because it tries to be very serious which just doesn't work with the given source material
>>
>>64654252
Yeah, we know there'll probably be Episode XV but fuck you, let him atleast have a chance to reddeem himself.
>>
>>64654444
That's just what you want us to think Reddit. We're onto your tomfoolery.
>>
>>64654444
quads confirm TFA for redditcore
>>
>>64653888
Starwars is and was a franchise to sell toys you fuckwits, go watch a real movie ffs stop obsessing over these shit flicks.
>>
JJ simply can't be called a Director and Disney's sequels can't be called Star Wars
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hoXNXSpmng
>>
>>64654532
All of Starwars is reddit core you pleb.
>>
>>64653888
>TFA and all of its sequels will fail because there is no overarching vision for them.

How do you explain the Fast and the Furious?
Even their main character died in a fiery pile of metal and they're still making sequels that rake in millions

And then there's James Bond.. they destroyed the character to a point where he's only 007 in name, change the arc constantly and the creators been dead for decades
>>
File: crying.png (404KB, 381x433px) Image search: [Google]
crying.png
404KB, 381x433px
>>64653888
>Anakin turning his head towards Windu as he's electrocuting Sheev.
>Vader turning his head to Palpatine as he's electrocuting his son.

Dude...

They don't just rhyme, but they also mirror. You notice that in a lot of these parallels you point out characters are moving in, facing, or positioned opposite from each other. In most of the R2-D2 scenes he's facing one direction in the prequel version and facing the opposite in the other. Luke's speeder is moving towards the left while Anakin's is moving towards the right. The Chancellor Swings his chair to the left while the Emperor Swings his chair to the right. Anakin is always on the right when kissing Padme and Han is always on the left when kissing Leia. As described in Mike Kilmo's Star Wars Ring Theory Article the prequels don't just parallel the Originals, but mirror them to create a circle. Their story runs in reverse from the Originals with Episode II pretty much Episode V in reverse. Whether you liked the Prequels, or not you can't question the amount of the thought and detail that went into their creation in respect to the Original Trilogy.
>>
>>64654582
I wonder if it would have been better if they never had Palpatine's voice telling us what Anakin's thinking?
>>
File: sw implying.gif (1MB, 480x204px) Image search: [Google]
sw implying.gif
1MB, 480x204px
>>64654595
>implying Fast and Furious was ever good
>implying large box office numbers means good movie
>implying James Bond hasn't been shit since Lazenby
>>
>>64654385
Watch the original trilogy. If you're into it, watch VII.

Forget the prequels exist. For real. They add nothing.
>>
>>64654417
Culturally significant? How?

popularity means nothing in this case.
>>
File: yt.png (58KB, 821x426px) Image search: [Google]
yt.png
58KB, 821x426px
>>64654622
literally youtube comment section: the post
>>
>>64653888
YOU NERDS ONLY LIKE THIS BECAUSE OF THE SOMBER MUSIC IN THE BACKGROUND YOU EASILY EMOTIONALLY MANIPULATED TWITS!
>>
>>64654720
Thanks for the exposure, queefball.
>>
File: 1420524055764.jpg (678KB, 3192x2124px) Image search: [Google]
1420524055764.jpg
678KB, 3192x2124px
Star Wars is and always has been reddit as fuck, stop bickering over which of your capeshit-tier movies is the worst one. It's fucking embarrassing
>>
File: 1428989687584.jpg (59KB, 429x443px) Image search: [Google]
1428989687584.jpg
59KB, 429x443px
>>64654652
>implying Lucas wasn't driving the franchise into the dirt
>implying the prequels weren't a joke
>implying the new JJ Abrams era won't be the Renaissance of the Star Wars universe
>>
>>64654693
>Culturally significant? How?

Because it's part of not just american culture, but around the globe too. It's not just popularity, words coined in the movie have made it into our lexicon, scenes from the movie have made it into our colloquial conversations. It's parodied to hell and back in so many different mediums. You've got entire industries that sprung up from it. Merchandising wasn't a thing until star wars came about, a production company that has made tons of the movies everyone watches globally was built because of it.

I am not, and will not give credit to Lucas for all of these bits, I think this came about because of a lot of small little miracles. Getting the right creative talent, getting the right producer, getting the timing right. It all came together to produce Star Wars, and it cause a cultural change.

You can not be so fucking stupid or blind to see that it didn't.
>>
File: reddit.jpg (65KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
reddit.jpg
65KB, 600x400px
>>64654794
>everything you just said
>>
>>64654693
>Culturally significant? How?
if you've failed to understand the cultural impact that star wars has had then I don't see why anyone should waste their time explaining it. You're dense as fuck mate
>>
>>64654794
literally reddit: the post
>>
>>64654216
>>64654283
I see people repeating this bullshit but the fact is he's just become old.

The other famous directors of his era like Spielberg and Scott aren't their former selves either.
>>
>>64654801
>Because it's part of not just american culture

You give it too much credit, most people don't give a fuck. It's just a movie. Don't get me wrong the first three were epic but their legacy was degraded with all the rebadging and changes and.. it's just tainted
It's not like Rocky where it inspires people irl

All classics remain untouched. Maybe a special edition here and there but they always draw a line where they let you know it's not the original theatrical release. You can't even find an original copy of star wars anymore, it officially doesn't exist
>>
>>64655031
>can't even find an original copy of star wars anymore
only idiots believe this, it's been widely available on DVD for years
>>
File: 1452147385979.jpg (301KB, 699x1211px) Image search: [Google]
1452147385979.jpg
301KB, 699x1211px
>>64653888
they are just going to use the themes from the OT for vision - pic related
and they are going to make more money than God because Disney marketing
>>
>>64655072
Heh, you mean "episode VXIII return of the new hope clone robots part 17 before they were stars"

Sour taste in your mouth, I'll skip it. Even if it is an original copy, it's ruined by all the baggage
>>
>>64655031
You're a fucking idiot. That doesn't diminish how it has impacted people over the decades. And we're talking about decades now. 38 years, that's several generations of kids, teenagers, and adults who have lived through these movies in some form. Either through home media, re-releases, prequels, cartoons, spin-off movies, or toys. It has been in most childhoods since it's release.

You say most people don't give a fuck, but the thing is most everyone knows about star wars. They know scenes from it, they know lines from it, they use words from it and they go watch the movies.

The level of obsession or fanaticism that people display will vary, that is an obvious fact, but another obvious fact is that Star Wars is well known. It's not just popular, it is widely popular, it is vastly recognizable. It's like Micky Mouse, Mario or Bugs Bunny. It has spanned so many generations that these icons are part of so many generational childhoods. They will be recognized, they will be remembered. You can not be that fucking stupid.
>>
>>64655222
>That doesn't diminish

Yes it does.
>>
>>64655196
I have no idea what your post is even trying to convey, sour taste in my mouth? What?
>>
>>64655072
>it's been widely available on DVD for years
the touched-up versions, not the originals
>>
>>64655274
>the touched-up versions, not the originals
only idiots believe this, it's been widely available on DVD for years
>>
>>64655264
The immersion is wasted, to make matters worse it's in the fantasy genre (space doesn't automatically make it sci-fi). All the tampering Lucas constantly did to it kinda defeats the fantasy aspect of it
>>
>>64655376
Irrelevant garbage, you made a claim and I BTFO you. Get over it
>>
>>64655249
Ah the, "I don't have valid points so I'll just disagree." retort. Very well I think we're done here.
>>
>>64653888
>space adventure movie set in space with spaceships
I thought that WAS the original roots of Star Wars.
>>
>>64654283
But crystall skull based on his own vision and almost everybody despise it because how dumb it is to put ayylmao into indiana jones franshise. And still, spielberg sucked lucas's dick because he's a friend
>>
>>64655286
I don't mean the versions with CGI, I mean the ones that were cleaned and remastered without transparent matting and such are the only ones available on DVD.

The actual originals without the remastered visuals were only available on VHS and on laserdisk (the latter with letterboxing on all sides)
>>
>Come back George... we need your vision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz-SaMu8k3w
>>
>>64655399
the roots of star wars was basically a story about father and son and mythology
his name wasn't Vader for nothing
>>
>>64655399
nope, it's Kurosawa's The Hidden Fortress actually
>>
>>64655417
He's trying to bait you
>>
>>64655455
welp time for bed
>>
File: guns.jpg (69KB, 630x300px) Image search: [Google]
guns.jpg
69KB, 630x300px
>>64655411
Lucas can not have yes men, that's the biggest problem. He has good ideas, but he also has a ton of terrible ones too, he needs confident people to tell him no. That's the problem with Spielberg, he is Lucas friend, and could not tell his autistic little buddy that he was fucking shit up. Then again Spielberg is no saint either, he did go back and fuck up ET.
>>
>>64655417
>The actual originals without the remastered visuals were only available on VHS and on laserdisk
and DVD, I'm looking at them right now on my shelf
>>
>>64655506
Don't reply to that guy, he doesn't fucking know they took the laserdisc transfers and put them on DVD. He's that fucking autistic, just let it go.
>>
>>64655549
It's just annoying because people always claim you can't get the original versions on DVD when you blatantly can. I dunno how this meme got started or why people are too stupid to fact check things themselves before believing them.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.