[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Verdict?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: public-enemies.20677.jpg (320KB, 1013x1500px) Image search: [Google]
public-enemies.20677.jpg
320KB, 1013x1500px
Verdict?
>>
>>64652519
Shit
>>
It's okay, but definitely Mann's weakest film outside of the Keep.
>>
>>64652519

laughably bad, perhaps Sean Penn's worst acting role.

He literally talks in a stereotypical 30's gangster accent turned up to 11.

I would suggest Untouchables or Miller's Crossing if you want tommy guns and overcoats over black suit-core
>>
>>64652519
Great
>>
>>64652562
Sean Penn wasn't in that film nigger
>>
File: we just don't know.gif (999KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
we just don't know.gif
999KB, 250x251px
>>64652562
>Sean Penn
>>
>>64652519
I love the little, britbong, manlet, meme-actor.
>>
oh holy shit I almost forgot

There is a scene where Penn opens up the Tommy Gun in that godawful accent and says something like: "Look at me, I'm Santee Claus"
>>
>>64652562
Fuck off pretentious memester
>>
Is that the one where they put CGI shit randomly like when vaulting over a desk?
>>
File: cosby seizure.gif (270KB, 500x468px) Image search: [Google]
cosby seizure.gif
270KB, 500x468px
>>64652598
sean penn isn't in this movie
>>
>>64652587
>>64652583

I'm thinking about Gangster Squad.

This movie was alright as I remember it was a bit slow. Also a rarity as it was a watchable movie featuring Steven Dorf, who is perhaps the greatest indicator of whether a movie will suck or not.
>>
>>64652562
>>64652583
>>64652587
>>64652598
>>64652606

Y'all are thinking of Gangster Squad. You're right though it's embarrassing seeing 5'3" wife beater Sean Penn trying to act tough
>>
>>64652636
Stephen Dorff was also in Somewhere, which is the best Sofia Coppola movie, whatever that means

gangster squad fucking sucked though
>>
The terrible digital cinematography shits me
>>
>>64652668
yeah, digital is not the right choice for the time period

it worked really well in Collateral and Blackhat though
>>
>>64652519
Heat worked so well by focusing on both the criminal and the cop's personal lives. Don't know why the fuck they didn't do the same here.

You can't just have a sign at the end say "Melvin Pervis killed himself a few years later" without any hint as to why.

Guy was the hero who took down Dillinger, story goes Edgar Hoover was so jelly that he wasn't getting any kudos he made Purvis' life a living hell afterwards.

Final straw was he had his team taken away from him, and the guy pretty much went home and killed himself.

None of this is elaborated on at all because they spend so much time on Jack Sparrow courting Marion Cotillard.
>>
>>64652519
It's a great experiment from a technical perspective. Mann's digital style and natural lighting creates a period film in which you truly feel the reality of life in those times.

Unfortunately that also removes the romance of the situation which can be to the films detriment when the script isn't particularly great.
>>
>>64653013
This.
>>
File: road-to-perdition.jpg (18KB, 580x302px) Image search: [Google]
road-to-perdition.jpg
18KB, 580x302px
>>64652562
Road to Perdition is clearly best
>>
My uncle played an extra in this movie so I can't hate it
>>
How come the Blackhat trolls haven't arrived yet?
>>
>>64652519
Not bad, definitely one of his most interesting works, especially in regards to the digital aesthetic.

>>64652567
Untouchables is just a big budget pseudo-exploitation collage of a gangster movie. If you think that's better than Mann's vision you might as well stop watching movies altogether.
>>
>>64652519
Is that Depp in the poster? Or Bale?
Looks like some digital amalgamation of the two.
>>
>>64655403
shut up stupid
>>
>>64655229

>>64655537
>>64655612
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.