[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can one film be so based? > depicts "hood life"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Boyz_n_the_hood_poster.jpg (109KB, 300x444px) Image search: [Google]
Boyz_n_the_hood_poster.jpg
109KB, 300x444px
How can one film be so based?

> depicts "hood life" in a less than positive light
> doesn't glorify nigger culture unlike similiar films
> if this film was made in 2016 it would be considered racist

I was surprised at the depth of the film, I was expecting a shoot 'em up with little plot or story involved.
>>
It's the only good colored movie. The father is what black people should act like if they want to be respected. The rest is what we're dealing with now.
>>
>>64650713

It's easy for that to work when your son is Cuba fucking Gooding Jr. If Laurence Fishburne were any other nigga's dad, they wouldnt have listened to his holier than thou shit
>>
>>64650713
>It's the only good colored movie

That is objectively wrong
>>
>>64650851
Name 3...and if one of them is a Spike Lee Joint you should walk through the streets of Detroit wearing a suit made of dollar bills.
>>
>>64650713

Holy shit, so much this. The father actually tried to make something of his life and give back to his people (which was ultimately in vain, but at least he tried)

The film really showed me that there's black people out there that aren't neccesarily niggers.
>>
I love how the movie shows that nobody wins in the game of "hood life". Everybody ends up as a dead nigger on the street sooner rather than later.
>>
>>64651029

Yes, there are some good black people out there. Fictional black people written by Hollywood...
>>
>>64651080
Art imitates life. If you've got your head on straight you're not a bad person. If you glorify and relish in criminal activity then you're a piece of shit.
>>
>>64650789
you've got cause and effect backwards there. or do you really think a father like he was has no influence on the mind of their 3 year old son?
>>
I never understood the speech Fishburne's character makes in front of that sign in the neighborhood. Why is he upset that those type of people want to move in?
>>
This movie is 100 times better than Do The Right Thing, also Don't Be A Menace was fucking hilarious.
>>
>>64651570
I saw Don't Be a Menace before I ever saw any of the movies it was making fun of. It's basically a remake of this movie. Fucking ridiculous.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.