[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This actually was pretty good. I know he fucked up with Jar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (147KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147KB, 300x450px
This actually was pretty good.

I know he fucked up with Jar Jar, but fucking give Lucas a break. He's creatively exhausted from inventing Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, The Death Star, Lightsabers, Stormtroopers, Yoda, Boba Fett, Jabba the Hutt, Emperor Sheev, Jawas, the entire fucking Star Was universe we discuss and partake in, as well as Indiana Jones, pioneering in Industrial Light and Magic, revolutionizing picture and sound quality, and more.
>>
it's utter shite m8
>>
>>64648433

Movie has only three flaws.

- trade federation comes off goofy instead of threatening

- gungas

- final space "battle" with anakin autopiloting into the droid control ship and destroying everything is bs

the rest is great
>>
I'm watching it right now. Feel free to downplay Jar Jar, George sure didn't.
>>
>>64648433
this is actually one of the bests

5>4>1>3>2>6>>>7
>>
>>64648433
Way to list off all the things that made the OT good that the Prequels either did not have or completely ruined. He had 16 years to recover from "creative exhaustion." It's no excuse.
>>
OFFICIAL POWER RANKINGS

5=4>6=7>1>3>2
>>
>>64648433
>he was exhausted from a bunch of stuff he did decades earlier
>>
FUCK EVERYONE

5>3>1>2>4>7>6

To me Ewoks went on far too long and the entire 6th film was only watchable in the final 30 minutes.
>>
>>64648433
It's the only prequel I like.
But I haven't seen it in ten years.
>>
>>64648924
You and every other prequel lover.

OP is either b8, 14, a retard, or all of the above
>>
>>64648639
>1>3

Wrong. Not even opinion, youre just wrong.

The real ranking goes

5 > 3 > 4 > 6 > 1 > 2 >>>>>>>>> 7
>>
>>64648433

I wish the film had a plot and a protagonist that I was invested in. The set pieces were neat, the podrace was fun, the lightsabers were ok, the world building was pretty cool, but just god damn it it's 2 hours of moving from location to location with no narrative focus and plenty of fart and poop jokes for children.
>>
Op I can defend episode 2 and 3 but episode 1 was not very good.

Still better than TFA
>>
>>64648433
10 MINUTES OF POINTLESS PODRACING

10 MINUTES

FUCK YOU MANCHILDREN FOR BAITING ME INTO WATCHING THiS TRASH
>>
lucas never made any of those
>>
>>64648982
I'm not a prequel lover though.
I have no desire to watch Episode II or III ever again (seen them each once). I kind of want to re-watch I. Its stupidity aside.
>>
5>6>3>2>4>>>>1>>>>>>>>>>>7
>>
5 > 4 > 7 > 6 > 1 > 3 > 2
This is objective fact.
>>
>>64649112
I have surveyed your analysis and confirmed it as true.
>>
>>64649024
Episode 1 was more watchable than 6
>>
>>64649112
episode 2 was fucking great wtf man. I mean besides anakin acting
>>
>>64648433
>Sebulba loses race
>"poodoo!"

>Jar Jar steps in poop
>"poodoo!"

>Sebulba thretens Jar Jar
>'poodoo' is translated as (bantha) fodder? ? ? ?

Dumbass couldn't even keep his fucking poop jokes straight
>>
>>64649155
there is literally nothing redeemable about episode 2
>>
>>64649223
>Not Natalie Portman's hot-ass outfit
>>
>>64649244
there is almost literally nothing redeemable about episode 2
>>
>>64649223
>portman and mcgregor
>the stellar soundtrack
>the cool alien monsters
>the fights
>the creative locations.

etc. prequel hating is nothing but a blind meme. You can shit on specific things like hayden but not the whole thing
>>
Flash Gordon >>>>>>>>>>5>>3>4>1>6>2
>>
>>64649291
Now you are a Jedi.
>>
>>64649223
Massive clone landing was cool as hell. Sure it was mediocre CGI cartoon visually but it was still a cool battle with lots of interesting designs.

And uh... Kamino design was neat i guess.
>>
>>64649340
>portman and mcgregor
nope, their acting is almost as wooden as anyone elses
>the stellar soundtrack
hardly im having trouble even remembering there being music in that movie
>the cool alien monsters
the alien monsters were genetic and boring
>the fights
not anywhere near as good as its immediate sequel, and overshadowed by the rest of the sitty movie
>the creative locations.
nope, none of the locations were interesting enough to save this trash

bullshit, the meme is trying to defend the prequels as anything but shit.
its not blind hate friend. the prequels were shit and lumping everyone who disliked them into one giant bandwagon is simply a way to try and pretend that isnt so
>>
If lucas had revealed jar jar as evil in episode II we would never have been forced to sit through the shit that was tfa
>>
>>64649395
>twenty minutes of clones vs. robots
BRAVO, GEORGE.
>>
File: vlcsnap-84245.png (214KB, 584x243px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-84245.png
214KB, 584x243px
>>64649340
>portman and mcgregor
both acted like boring creepy assholes the entire time.
>the cool alien monsters
You mean horrible, cgi, pieces of shit like this?
>the fights
You mean the boring, sterile, dance numbers?
>the creative locations.
You mean all the green screens?
>>
>>64649444
>>the stellar soundtrack
>hardly im having trouble even remembering there being music in that movie

Holy shit pal you are delusional, blinded by hate memes. Even if you shit on the movie you cant shit on the soundtrack.
>>
>>64649493
the one reddit fan theory i actually kind of like desu senpai
would have redeemed everything, and made the fanboys feel justified for having to sit through tpm
>>
>>64649340
>fights

Episode I : Dance Lessons with Ray

Episode II: Cuts between faces because Lee has arthritis

Episode III: I have the high ground
>>
>>64649542
Portman>Rey by a country mile
Mcgreggor>Any actor from TFA

>the fights
>You mean the boring, sterile, dance numbers?
>the creative locations.
>You mean all the green screens?
The movie looked better and had better combat END OF. Just because you're a spastic incapable of any form of intelligent analysis.
Faggot.
>>
>>64649560
>Holy shit pal you are delusional, blinded by hate memes. Even if you shit on the movie you cant shit on the soundtrack.
you keep trying to insinuate my or really anyones hate for these movies comes from "hate memes"
must be nice to be able to stick your fingers in your ears and hum
>>
>>64649542

>portman and mcgregor
both acted like boring creepy assholes the entire time.

No only hayden was creepy as fuck with his advances on padme

>the cool alien monsters
You mean horrible, cgi, pieces of shit like this?

yes, they are cool. fuck off

>the fights
You mean the boring, sterile, dance numbers?

yes they are visually entertaining.

>the creative locations.
You mean all the green screens?

yes, stop hating on cgi just because its cgi. that is so fucking hipster tier.
>>
File: image.jpg (183KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
183KB, 640x480px
>>64649582
Yeah, Episode II should have been called Flopping Yoda versus the 90 Year-Old Man.
>>
>>64649582
dont forgot
cgi yoda shitting on his past incarnation
>>
>>64649626
>yes, stop hating on cgi just because its cgi. that is so fucking hipster tier
Somebody animates X-Wings
>>
>>64649607
Not him but I was super excited seeing Finn swing and stab that fukken saber with abandon. Fights in TFA actually felt like fights.
>>
>>64649607
and you have resorted to middle school level namecalling while simultaneously not actually bothering to backup any of your statements or opinions

hows it feel to lose an argument on an anonymous image board to an autistic star wars fanboy?
>>
>>64648554

Goongas
>>
>>64649643
People literally only disapproved of the Yoda lightsaber scenes after plinkett said they shat on his character
>>
>>64649660
as a matter of fact I do vfx but I can appreciate vintage cgi just like stop motion effects. But somehow you retards think it somehow cheapens the movie. Its the equivalent of shitting on old movies because of the outdated effects.
>>
>>64649643

his past incarnation was basically the jar jar equivalent. Fuck fanboys
>>
>>64648433
>>64648554
>>64648639
>>64648988
>>64649024
>>64649493
>>64649615
Reddit is out at full force tonight lads
>>
>>64649697
well thats a lie for my own personal experience as well as everyone i know irl
but since i dont know the whole world i cant really refute that for the rest of society

however falling back on " people only hate/ dislike this part of the prequel because of plinkett" is pretty weak argument. i mean to imply that review somehow changed public opinion of the prequels is naive at best senpai
>>
>>64649697
Pretty sure I remember people saying how goddamn retarded it was on day one.
>>
>>64649775
interesting, ill let you explain to see if you are serious or just trying to jimmy rustle
>>
>>64649784
Are you the same faggot that keeps showing up in every one of these threads? You know reddit hates the PT and loves disneys cock right? fuck off
>>
>>64649791
>>64649788
Go away mike, finish space cop so we can all laugh at you
>>
>>64649838
>every one of these threads

You mean the threads where all of you contrarians circlejerk about how good the prequels are now after TFA came out? You can fuck right off yourself redditor.
>>
>>64649697
No, Yoda using a sword shat on everything that was established about his character. Same thing with Sheev, both characters were so powerful in the force that they should be beneath the use of a weapon.
>>
>>64648988
Wow... You actually got that right.
>>
>>64648433
its the second worse star wars movie
5>6>4>7>3>1>2
>>
>>64648433
I can honestly now say that JJ and Disney has given me new appreciation for the prequels.
>>
>>64649877
I asked my friend about aotc because he saw it before me and he said it was fucking retarded and everyone started laughing when yoda started flipping around
>>
>>64649991
>i get my opinions from an anonymous Vietnamese imageboard
>>
>>64649991
stupid tripfag
>>
>>64649923
so you are a reddit fag, go back to watching transformers ya fucking ingrate
>>
First time I saw attack of the clones in the theater I fell asleep.
>>
>>64650079
Transfomers is better than every star wars movie
>>
File: puzzled.jpg (984KB, 1381x2263px) Image search: [Google]
puzzled.jpg
984KB, 1381x2263px
no one here actually enjoyed the prequels right?
>>
>>64648433
Ep1 definitely had more heart and passion put into it than 2 or 3. There were some bad decisions but it wasn't lazy or halfassed
>>
>>64650079
Nice try Reddit but I caught you red(dit) handed this time. lol
>>
Why are the prequels such a complete disaster?

George Lucas is a poor director of actors.
Memorable characters are virtually non-existent.
Bad scriptwriting, particularly dialogue.
Lazy story structure. Major plot points often make no sense or require characters to act in a nonsensical way to move the story forward.
Poor editing.
Poor casting choices.
"Yes men" around George Lucas were afraid to stand up to him when his ideas were bad.
Merchandising-driven storylines.
Bland stories/characters pitched more explicitly at children (e.g., no sardonic "Han Solo" type characters).
Poor CGI.
Too much CGI in general.
Over-reliance on Original Trilogy for references and ideas.
Jar Jar Binks.
Nothing happens for two movies and everything is jammed into the last, somehow managing to make all three equally shit.
>>
>>64648433
OP pls go
>>
I watched The Phantom Menace last night for the first time in about 8 years. I tried to clear my mind and see it with fresh, unprejudiced eyes, so I could judge it on it's own merits without comparing it to any other movie. What I noticed was:

- The film is absolutely beautiful from start to finish and despite the heavy use of CGI I really felt like the Star Wars universe is a real place. If escapism is what you're after, TPM does provide it.

- There is almost no acting in the movie. Almost every character is literally just speaking lines in a near-monotone. The only characters who emote AT ALL are Palpatine and maybe Anakin's mother a bit. Qui-Gonn and Obi-Wan are kind of off the hook because they're meant to be zen master jedi, but the rest of them are just reading lines, not acting.

- The story is not terrible, but it's contrived and a little pointless. There was no need for the jedi and the queen to leave Naboo. They trek all the way to Coruscant, break down, make a stopover in tatooine, pick up another pathetic life-form, then go back again. When they're back at Naboo they're in exactly the same position as before; Jar-Jar could have set them up with the Gungans as soon as the Queen escaped the first time round.

- I absoutely do believe in the Darth Binks theory because the character is such a repulsive, creepy cunt. He's not just bad and unfunny, he's actually really freaky and disturbing to look at. C3PO and R2D2 actually have a little discussion where R2 says something in droid speak and C3PO basically agrees and says "Yes there is something very odd about that creature". R2 knows what's up.

- Qui-Gonn is great. Liam Neeson was obviously given nothing to work with by Lucas, like the rest of the cast, but he's got definite presence and at times you get the sense Neeson kind of understood what Lucas might have been trying to achieve with the story, and does attempt to convey an understated disillusionment with the jedi
>>
>>64650655

Overall I'd give it 8/10, because of the visual attention to detail and the stately pace that allows you to get immersed in the world, it's got pretty good rewatch value and it's a decent kids adventure along the lines of Willow.
>>
>>64649784
Found the redditor

Reddit plebs hate the prequel trilogy
>>
>>64650655
>>64650740

accurate

I felt the same, never knew how annoying Binks was until I watched the movie as an adult for the first time
>>
>>64650114
>>64650133
Reddit damage control in full force.
>>
>>64650766
Anyone with a functioning brain hates the prequel trilogy
>>
>>64648433
Who let them get away with Blackface
>>
>>64648554
>Movie has only three flaws.
You weren't paying attention then.
>>
>>64650766
Real Patricians know the entire Starwars franchise is for kids bruh.
>>
>>64648433
>invented
He probably ripped off from everywhere he could, including Mcquarrie.

He didn't invent shit.
>>
>>64650655
If the Darth Binks theory were true, it would have retroactively made TPM 9/10. But alas it didn't happen so instead Jay Jar Abrinks is just an abomination.
>>
no its a terrible movie. so much of the dialogue makes no sense, and jar jar is the only character who shows any emotion.
i actually like jar jar the most because he feels the most emotionally developed, probably because hes all cgi and they focused a lot more on the cgi character than any of the real people.
>>
>>64652452
with all that said it is still my favorite prequel but only because the other two are so unenjoyable
>>
>>64649031
the podracing is the most exciting part of the movie
and it has a point because their ship and going to couriscant is riding on the race. that shouldnt be the case but because of bad writing it is
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.