[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some of your favorite movies? Pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: minty flavor.jpg (29KB, 728x409px) Image search: [Google]
minty flavor.jpg
29KB, 728x409px
What are some of your favorite movies?

Pic related
>>
>Paul Thomas Memerson
>>
The Master is PTA's attempt at outing poseurs by making something utterly disjointed that vaguely resembles a narrative feature just enough that it confuses them into praising it out of fear for being labelled a pleb.

An intentionally terrible movie carefully emulating a masterpiece. A true work of genius. Why do you think the plot of the film involves a cult leader who feigns insight and brilliance but is secretly full of shit? It's a metaphor for the film itself.

tl;dr if you think The Master is actually good you're a "pleb"
>>
File: synecdoche.jpg (92KB, 700x469px) Image search: [Google]
synecdoche.jpg
92KB, 700x469px
Synecdoche, NY
>>
>>64647705
and?
>>
>>64647739
DUDE NIHILISM LMAO
>>
>>64647820

True story. I have to give props to a movie that reminds me what life is actually like.
>>
>>64647843
DUDE LIFE IS MEANINGLESS JUST GO AROUND BEING LIKE DUDE WEED LMAO LMAO
>>
File: 1449710381850.png (54KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1449710381850.png
54KB, 200x200px
>>64647739

>tfw watched this for the first time two days after he died
>>
>>64647645
>movies

The Master is film
>>
>>64647938
actually its a flick
>>
>>64647705
I don't think the master is "utterly disjointed" in terms of narrative. It's not even told in vignettes. It's literally a character study of two different men. One of them is in literally every scene.
>>
>>64647894

How did you know I was Canadian?

>>64647909

That's the feeling it leaves you with...emptiness, cough syrup, silent sleep, night night.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (172KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
172KB, 1920x1080px
I still enjoy it after the plane scene desu
>>
File: 1351976853930.gif (956KB, 350x291px) Image search: [Google]
1351976853930.gif
956KB, 350x291px
>>64647996

To follow this up: PTA does seem to trend towards open ended story telling with most of his films. Other than with the master and there will be blood, which are the two most powerful for me.

Boogie Nights was fun, but magnolia just makes me angry
>>
The Master is about the past, but uses no establishment of character or period. You simply are placed right there, immediately after World War II, without explanation. Every other PTA movie in another time period (Boogie Nights, There Will be Blood, and Inherent Vice) show the year in an establishing shot. Not with the Master. You are there without explanation, and the plot moves as dreamily as if it is being remembered.

Let's not forget the talk about past lives by the Cause. I would argue the Master is essentially giving the viewer a vision of a past life they have experienced. Freddie represents a base instinct in man towards debauchery and freedom from control. This is an eternal aspect of our nature, and that is why the movie feels so uniquely affecting.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.