[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who's the better filmmaker?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

Who's the better filmmaker?
>>
Uno Farto
>>
Lets see..
One made Baneshit: The capening

The other made 8 masterpeices + four rooms

TARANTUALA ALL DAY BITCH
>>
Tarantino far and away, easily, no contest, all day, etc.
>>
I know you like to meme about Tarantino, but this is getting ridiculous. Nolan is the most overrated hack there is, only pretentious and oblivious plebs actually believe he's good, while QT actually is a good director.
>>
ITT: redditors
>>
>>64646018
Nolan is a second rate Fincher. Even Fincher would come up short against Tarantino.
>>
I prefer Nolan
>>
>>64646018
The one with more losing Hair
>>
>Uno Farto is a good director

Huh, I guess this must be a black male opinion?
>>
>>64646154
Memento and Insomnia are good flicsk though
>>
>>64646018
>implying Nolan have 1 good movie
>>
File: 1452299136261.jpg (22KB, 480x260px) Image search: [Google]
1452299136261.jpg
22KB, 480x260px
Nolan is a visionary and auteur who created the plane scene. Tarantino gets fucked by black men and farts when he thinks about disgusting feet.
>>
>>64646549

Memento is better than everything Farto has ever done.
>>
>>64646513
Funnily enough alot of black people hate uno farto and his movies because they say hes a wannabe black man. And those black people are right.
>>
Memento>Prestige>BB>Interstellar>anything Tarantino ever did
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 303x433px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 303x433px
Squintin Quentin
>>
nolan creates art
cuckboy creates exploitation flicks
>>
Nolan

tarantino is a flickster
>>
Love both of their filmographies. Hard to pick a favorite but probably Nolan if I had to choose. Both are great and haters gonna hate.
>>
>>64646549
memento literally has meme in it
>>
>>64647042
I do not get what a meme film is. Am i right in assuming its a film that it easy to make a meme out of or does it have another meaning?
>>
>>64646018
Tarantino is a hipster meme will not be remembered as one of the greats 100 years from now

Nolans work in as least consistent in quality where as Tarantino has maybe 2-3 rewatchable films
>>
Nolan is a rich man's Michael Bay
>>
>>64647300
OOHH nigga you done it now yo ass gonna get BANED
>>
>>64647300
Ooooohhh snap
>>
Uno Farto's body of work ranges from great to shit, while Nolan is constantly mediocre (Memento is good though)
>>
Tarantino. His last 4-5 movies suck, but his '90s movies are much better than anything Nolan could hack out.
>>
>>64647585
>His last 4-5 movies suck
Hateful 8 pretty good.
>>
Both of them make popcorn movies designed to appeal to the masses (which isn't an inherently bad thing, regardless of what /tv/ might say). Tarantino gets the vote in my book for being stylistic, if nothing else. Nolan knows how to craft a competent flick but his best movies (Memento, Prestige, Inception) are very reliant on gimmicks - people who find them to be "thought provoking" or truly innovative are tricking themselves, imo.
>>
>>64647721
Holy shit tripfag is spot on
>>
seeing as how uno farto has never made a film, nolan wins by default
>>
Thinking of art as a competition is how you get shit directors like those two in the first place
>>
Plane scene in Dark Knight Rises in the only thing Nolan has done that's close to Tarantino levels of entertainment, dialogue, and rewatchability. Everything else he's done is pretty great as long as you only watch it once and never think too hard about it. Nolan is a mediocre filmmaker with a pretentious facade and Tarantino is just putting himself out there for better or worse.
>>
File: 1446521622086.png (48KB, 565x550px) Image search: [Google]
1446521622086.png
48KB, 565x550px
Utter plebian normalfag shiteaters like Nolan

Utter plebian contrarian hipsters dislike Tarantino
>>
>>64646018
uno farto makes flicks, nolan makes kino.
>>
>>64648230
If you use the word "contrarian," you're literally an idiot. It's a concept invented by idiots with reddit sensibilities who are too fragile to deal with criticism of mediocre media that has widespread appeal.

It's a troubling manifestation of millennials' mental weakness. Seriously, the only people who would even entertain any "argument" involving the concept of being "contrarian" are weak, lazy idiots who can't deal with criticism substantively.

If it bothers you that much that people criticize mediocre mass-marketed work designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator, like Tarantino, Breaking Bad, pop music, etc., you should find a safe bubble and stay there. Or kill yourself.
>>
>>64648230
reddit loves Tarantino. just google top movies according to reddit.
>>
File: 1446522054741.png (274KB, 498x532px) Image search: [Google]
1446522054741.png
274KB, 498x532px
>>64648309
"Contrarian" is a useful word referring to people who have a special snowflake mentality and choose to dislike or pretend to dislike things that are popular to fulfill their need of being unique.

If you don't like the word, chances are you are referred to as "contrarian" a lot, in which case, stop being a suspender-wearing ironic mustache-sporting contrarian hipster snowflake faggot.
>>
>>64648335
1 pulp fiction

yep u right

(lol at 2 being fight club)
>>
>>64646779
>nolan creates art

Oh, God, that's funny
>>
>>64646018
>filmmaker

They're both flickmakers at best
>>
>>64648309
>contrarian isn't a real word or argument
>"reddit sensibilities" is
I have no idea whats real here anymore
>>
>>64646018
tarantino

quentin is a genius of film-making who probly could do whatever the fuck he wanted and it would be good

Nolan is just a guy with a vision and is very meticulous
>>
Bamping for fanboy fights.
>>
>>64646777
Damn she's fucking hot wew
>>
>>64648309

You're insecure over being called out as a contrarian, which is understandable given that it's literally a child's characteristic. You're so frothy with the impotent rage of a manchild contrarian that you accidentally called the accusation invalid (which is demonstrably false) right before using the phrase "reddit sensibilities," which is literally meaningless and impossible to define except as "a perceived way out of a losing argument for an anonymous, brain damaged virgin on 4chan."
>>
>>64647042
kek
>>
>>64647721
Yikes
>>
Both of them are headed downhill.
>>
>>64647087
He's referring to the title.
>>
>>64650420
Again i dont understand-inception by title is a meme?
>>
>>64646018
Tarantino obviously. Only great thing Nolan did was Memento. 90s Tarantino was the shit
>>
>>64646777
Who is this?
>>
>>64650458
Dude.
>>
>>64648309
manchild virgin detected
>>
>>
>>64650561
Im serious i have onnly seen 2 of nolans films and thought they were ok, not great. I dont unerstand the meme thing care to help me out?
>>
>>64650871
Too obvious now, but you had a good run.
>>
>>64651249
??? so you just shit posting and not gonna help me out?
>>
they're both very fucking overrated but Tarantino made pulp fiction which had a pretty substantial impact on the movie industry so I'm gonna go with him
>>
bampitty bamp bamp
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.