[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So after Kylo Ren is Grievous no longer the shittiest villain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

File: Kenobi_Grievous.png (2MB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
Kenobi_Grievous.png
2MB, 1920x816px
So after Kylo Ren is Grievous no longer the shittiest villain in Star Wars?
>>
File: NuteGunray.jpg (81KB, 320x262px) Image search: [Google]
NuteGunray.jpg
81KB, 320x262px
Dis is Impossibru!
>>
No, Grievous was really great in the Clone Wars cartoons, particularly the Tartakovsky star wars miniseries.

Kylo Ren did a good job playing the "young, immature, inexperienced" Sith.

The worst villain is Darth Maul. Shows up, says nothing, dies. No character at all.
>>
>>64632149
This. I don't even dislike Gunray, but he is pretty much useless.
>>
>>64632123

Darth Maul is the shittiest Star Wars villain.

>m-muh character design
>>
>>64632204
But isn't darth maul in the cartoons too?
>>
File: grievous_spinning.gif (922KB, 500x213px) Image search: [Google]
grievous_spinning.gif
922KB, 500x213px
>>64632123
at least Grievous knew about spinning
>>
>>64632204
>b-but he was great in Clone Wars

I know they still "count" Clone Wars but considering that it has zero impact on the films it's barely canon
>>
>>64632123
>>64632245
DURRR HOW CAN GRIEVOUS USE LIGHTSABERS LET ALONE FOUR OF THEM HE'S NOT A JEDI
>>
>>64632245
why are tumblr gifs so shitty?
>>
>>64632319
needing the force to use lightsabers has been non-canon since forever
>>
>>64632322
Tumblr only allows for gifs of a certain size so they have to be small, short, and choppy.
>>
Official Star Wars Villain Power Rankings

Sheevposting Tier
>Papa Palps

God Tier
>Vader

Good Tier
>Kylo
>Tarkin

Meh Tier
>Dooku
>Hux

Shit Tier
>Phasma
>Maul
>Grievous
>>
>>64632361
>needing the force to use a tool

thank god we purged that festering shitpile called the EU. holy shit it's like a universe of terrible ideas
>>
>>64632214
I'd say he's a shitty character, but a passable villain. He had no personality or development but his role as an antagonist was basically "Jedi assassin" for the real villain, which sort of worked
>>
File: 1445902157451.webm (3MB, 600x340px) Image search: [Google]
1445902157451.webm
3MB, 600x340px
>>64632385
OG grievous was top-tier, I'm sad that George fucked him so much
>>
>>64632204
>Grievous was really great in the Clone Wars cartoons
Being powercreep incarnate is "great"? What a childish fucking character, "hurr he's a robot with FOUR lightsabers and he can easily kill jedi and his name s General Grievous", what a joke, like a fucking cartoon character. Oh wait that's because he is.
>>
>>64632245
I though he was a sith or something. He says Dooku trained him.
>>
>>64632245
That seems like a good trick
>>
>>64632123
wait a second, he's holding Obiwans saber even though Obi is holding his
>>
>>64632448
The animation in this is so terrible

How can anyone watch this shite
>>
>>64632479
Grievous is deliberately characterized as a wannabe Jedi and patsy, who mistreats his fellow droids.

The desire to see him as 'badass' is divorced from any sense of filmmaking, morality, or ethics.
>>
File: 1450916477272.jpg (184KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
1450916477272.jpg
184KB, 500x370px
>>64632550
the lower left one is literally Anakin's saber with a green blade.
how lazy can one director be?
>>
People always say Grievous used to be great but was ruined by George is just feeding into the same bullshit. Before Ep III he was just Darth Maul Mk 2

>never talks
>just kills everyone
>acts super evil
>has 0 personality

Maul was shit and Grevious was shit. Dooku is also shit but at least he's kind of sophisticated and condescending so he actually has aspects of a personality.

Kylo is a whiny shit but that's on purpose because the audience is supposed to think he's some poser bitch.

Vader is also a brute force character but his history with Obi Wan and relationship to Luke deepen his character and introduce internal conflict for him

Palpatine gives zero shits and loves fucking with people. He barely has a personality but he's so fucking bonkers evil you gotta love it.

Snoke is a subdued palpatine so he sucks, maybe that will change
>>
>>64632123
these articulations makes no sense
>>
>>64632204
Grievous was fucking overpowered in the Clone Wars miniseries. Do you honestly think he was done well in it?
>>
only the downfall of grievous is shown in attack of the clones, at that point he is already seriously wounded and on the losing side of the war, everything he did in the movie was after his chest was imploded by windu
>>
>>64632385

>>God Tier
>Vader

U wot m8? He was a tantrum throwing man child that killed people just for things that weren't their fault. Remember when everyone was sitting down professionally discussing news and strategic updates while Vader stomped about and tried ordering shit he knew little about.
>>
>>64632724
no longer canon
he always had the cough in TCW
>>
>>64632724
none of that shit is canon
>>
File: w.jpg (21KB, 214x235px) Image search: [Google]
w.jpg
21KB, 214x235px
>>64632385
>Dark Helmet above Tarkin
>>
>>64632724
in revenge of the sith i mean, but he only does cool shit in the two clone wars shows, so just based on movie stuff yeah he is a shit villian
>>
>>64632739
oh you're right palpatine is way better with his scenery chewing. or maybe maul with his SiCk FlIpS
>>
>>64632204
You must be +18 to post here.
>>
>>64632610
>his fellow droids

But he is no droid, he has fucking organs.
>>
>>64632765
>Tarkin
>smug emotionless imperial officer
>acts evil more because it's his job than actually giving a shit
>we never learn anything about his character, he's just the guy in charge of the death star
>dies

Tarkin is barely a step up from the Imperials Vader chokes out for fucking up

Tarkin is BARELY a character
>>
>>64632319
He was trained by dooku you retard, but of course you didn't watch the movie.
>>
>>64632653
What made Sheev great is that, despite being super evil, he is always super happy and laughing all the time. Grandpas are cool when they don't give a fuck about shit. Snoke is just an angry grandpa.
>>
>>64632385
This list is objectively correct.
>>
>>64632123
>Grievous
>shit
He's only shit in RoTS.
>>
>>64632847
This, I'm surprized he is even included. It's like making a ranking of good guys and including Akbar.
>>
>>64632653
This anon understands.
>>
>>64632214
They fixed him in Clone Wars. They fixed a lot of things there.
>>
>>64632790
I didn't even defend Palps or Maul, u salty faggot
>>
>>64632123

I still dream of an Ep. 2 where pre-cyborg Grievous was the bounty hunter trying to kill Padme instead of Jango Fett, and that Obi-Wan tracked him out to the Geonosis droid factory, ultimately ending with his body being mangled and refitted with cybernetics, laying the foundations for Anakin's own transformation.
>>
My wife's son loves him, even though he white
>>
>>64632953
>Grievous
>Mostly unimportant
>Literally a few organs and a brain
>Turned into an incredible jedi-killer droid that can attack 20 times in a single second with four different blades, all working in unison to strike at different angles and velocity
>Can survive in space
>On the downside, if some nigga Obi Wan rips open your chestplates with force-strength, your guts are all exposed, although this would probably apply to Vader too

>Anakin
>Emperor's right hand man and super important
>In good shape, compared to Grievous, only missing a few limbs, some skin and hair
>Turned into a lumbering retard

Sheev you fuck. Anakin had even fought Grievous and knew what he was capable of.
>>
First of all only two villains in the Star Wars movies exhibit any kind of internal conflict or development:
-Vader
-Kylo Ren

everyone else is just a villain who's there because you need an antagonist for the good guys to fight and run after: Maul, Dooku, Grievous, Boba Fett, Phasma, Hux, Tarkin, Jango

Sheev doesn't really have a character either -- you see him be duplicitous in the prequels so you kinda get an idea that he has a history and personality but once he's the emperor he just acts like an evil space wizard overlord. this is fine because he's the overall villain of the story and he's still just an obstacle -- he doesn't have an emotional relationship with any heroes like Vader/Luke or how they're setting up Rey/Kylo
>>
>>64633182
Grievous wasn't a potential threat for Sheev while Anakin was.
>>
>>64633294
Vader was his bitch until Luke showed up. I understand the logic, but after a few years he probably could've upgraded him to be less of a useless POS.

Then again I guess he had no real enemies left. Unless we look into the EU.
>>
>>64632245
That shot is so cool with the sparks flying up and everything. He looks so intimidating, I wish the fight had been good.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.