[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I check out Godard's other films or are they all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1437302657904.jpg (423KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1437302657904.jpg
423KB, 960x720px
Should I check out Godard's other films or are they all as shit as Breathless?
>>
Nah, just skip Godard. You're seriously not missing out on anything.
>>
Literally jump cut: the director
>>
>>64629536
>they all as shit as Breathless

Maybe, I didn't like Pierrot Le Fou and it's regarded as his best. Would hate to see his worst.
>>
>girl calls cops on dude
>he gets shot and wobbles around in a comical fashion
>girl has literally no emotional reaction to getting someone she thought she loved killed
the acting was so wooden, even more obviously so when they were speaking english.
i could not give a shit about any of the characters at all, they were supposed to be le quirky romance and endearing but there was no kind of development or anything interesting about them, all they did was chain smoke and talk about he wanted to fuck her. the jump cuts looked terrible too.
>>
>Breathless
>shit
Stick to Star Wars pleb
>>
>>64629536
Yes. Breathless is one of his worst.
>>64629629
Literally "I have only seen one Godard movie in my life": the post
>>
How is it that almost 60 years later this movie still makes people poopie peeved?
>>
Godard is well known so he's shit: The Board
>>
they're all shit but watch them anyways
>>
>>64629924
We're fighting back against his Marxist brainwashing.
>>
>>64630343
>We're
no it's just you spamming your shitty taste
>>
>>64629536
if you like sci-fi, watch Alphaville. He did some pretty neat concepts and my waifu is in it
>>
>>64629536

DUDE I'M A MAOIST LMAO

she's the one who should have died of cancer instead of Truffaut, fuck this world.
>>
>>64630343
Breathless has nothing to do with Marx. It's not political at all. It's just showing you have shitty taste in movies.
>>
>>64630442
Truffaut was barely trying by the end. Godard has made plenty of fine films in all of his periods.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.