[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Interstellar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10

File: interstellar_2.jpg (104KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
interstellar_2.jpg
104KB, 620x350px
Was this a failure in Nolan's career? This movie seems almost forgotten. I have to say it has some great moments like the docking scene, but the rest is just forgettable.
>>
>>64624114
official nolan meme ranking:
TDKR
TDK
Inception
Memento
Interstellar
>>
It's one of my favorite movies.
I think the reason it didn't really catch on is because it was too slow and involved too much thinking to keep up for most people.
>>
>>64624221
>Everything is explained
>Requires thinking
>Americans, everyone

It was a good movie considering todays standards but had more potential than it delivered.
Matthew Mconahehuehueu doesn't fit the movie at all. He can't even speak.
>>
If anything I thought it was must more memorable than inception. I think its initial run in theaters was a failure but I've heard a lot of people start to talk about it once it was released on home video.

I'm not just saying this because I loved the film but honestly I myself only watched it because I start to hear a few other people say it was better than what critics let on to be.
>>
>>64624114
It's very good to be honest. There's some gorgeous imagery through the whole movie. The story is very nice and easy too. I liked the bittersweet ending. Great spectacle.
>>
>>64624114
it was a mainstream failure because it lasted more than 2 hours.

i dont consider it a failure since it was the last time i was thrilled in a movie theatre, i left with chills
>>
>>64624221
LOL

you must have truly shit taste
>>
>>64624221
I back this statement, girl told me she fell asleep because there wasn't any sexy scenes in it
>>
>>64624221
>involves too much thinking
bruh I've seen kids shows more thought provoking and educational than Interstellar
>>
Stupid black hole love bullshit
>>
>love TARS love

No. Sorry. No.
>>
>>64624488
Stop talking shit. No sci-fi movies except Star Trek included as much 'science' as Interstellar. I don't claim it was the best movie ever, but it was neither dumb nor easy on the most mainstream audience.
It was a good movie, better than Inception and Memento imo
>>
It could've been a lot better if the writer wasn't shit. Look at other films where people would complain that "nothing happens." No Country for Old Men or H8ful 8 for example. The difference is that these films were well written with good dialogue. There were things I liked about interstellar, but Nolan just missed the mark. If he wasn't so busy trying to be 2deep4u, it might've been decent.
>>
Memento was his only good movie what are you talking about
>>
>>64624682
this desu
He should leave the scripts to a good writers, his movies will improve
>>
>Astronauts gets magic message to go to Nasa because earth is dying
>Goes to Nasa and gets sent to a mission to save humanity by flying through a wormhole to a different planetary system that has black whole as central body
>They have to check out three planets that have been checked by other astronauts before
>First planet is a fluke because signal just crashed minutes ago but because of the time warping properties of the black hole they thought it was working for years
>they lost years worth of fuel because they were too retarded to think of the time warping beforehand and were too stupid to plan ahead which planets to visit first
>they go to second planet but it's also a fluke because guy on the planet was a pussy sending fake signals just trying to get someone to save him, so he tries to kill everybody
>they somehow escape the maniac and try to reach third planet
>Guy sacrifices himself by shooting himself into black hole so space ship can go to third planet
>Guy survives going into black hole and acquires wizard powers
>turns out PLOT TWIST he sent the magic message at the beginning of the movie. Also uses wizard powers to tell daughter how to build space colony
>somehow they get him out of black hole and he watches his daughter die of old age
>also woman made it to third planet

the end
>>
>>64624221
LOVE INTERGALACTIC SPACE TRAVEL PARADOX DUDE
>>
>>64624747
>>64624682
Read the interviews about Nolan's first draft for interstellar

He mustve been on crack
>>
>>64624114
>This movie seems almost forgotten

Normies aren't interested in Quantum Mechanics, although alot of the concepts in Interstellar were flawed and the Jews running Hollywood don't want you interested in Quantum Mechanics either.
>>
>>64624571

The Martian had more science in it that Interstellar
>>
>>64624943
>Normies aren't interested in Quantum Mechanics

Also it might be connected to the fact that Quantum Mechanics weren't a topic in this movie
>>
>>64624956
Im goin to FROGPOST the shit out of this post
>>
>>64624935
do you have a link?
>>
>>64624861
Good show.
>>
>>64624418
Goddamn what a pleb you are.
>>
>first successful film is memento
>honors it by making literal meme movies for the rest of jis career

One of us! One of us!
>>
>>64624114
Logically and screenplay wise, it falls apart completely.
>>
>>64624956
Martian is based on a novel
>>
>LOVE is the force that pushes us towards stars
>>
File: TheCriticDamnI'mFuckingCool.gif (2MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
TheCriticDamnI'mFuckingCool.gif
2MB, 240x180px
>>64624114
Christopher Nolan is such a strange filmmaker. The impression I always had was that he very much idolized the great filmmakers of the past, like Kubrick, but lacked the patience or actual talent for it. Every Nolan film is a psudointellectual exploration of basic principles wrapped in faux-grandeur. There's nothing particularly clever, or even surprising, in these films. Nolan simply creates accessible films for "smart people" that fall apart under scrutiny. In essence, Nolan is making hollow movies, and that's why every one is completely forgettable.
>>
File: jeff daniels rolleyes.jpg (57KB, 748x447px) Image search: [Google]
jeff daniels rolleyes.jpg
57KB, 748x447px
>>64624956
THE MARTIAN HAD A RETARDED MEME CHARACTER EXPLAIN A ROUTINE GRAVITY ASSIST WITH A STAPLER TO THE DIRECTOR OF NASA

INTERSTELLAR HAS A VERY REASONABLE MEME RAPPER EXPLAIN THE THEORETICAL OPERATION OF WORMHOLES WITH A FOLDED SHEET OF PAPER TO A PILOT

BASED NOLAN WINS AGAIN
>>
>>64626040
What does that have to do with the price of tea in china?

Nolan's movies seem like they would be greatly improved with a really good editor and better scripts.

He seems way to close to his movies.
>>
itt: normies btfo by obvious trolls
>>
Eh, it's not exactly forgettable but it wasn't as monumental like his other films.
didn't have enough memes for it be like DKR
not intense enough to be like inception
nor as mind provoking like maybe Insomnia or Memento or Prestige
A good film but... lacking a bit
>>
>>64624861
Sounds a bit like sunshine, and in fact a few other outer space movies made years before. The reviews of this movie mainly praised the visuals, people were so distracted by that they didnt care whether the story was good or not.
>>
>>64625292
No, but apparently unlike you he's clever enough to be able to google 'Interstellar first drat' you gibbering retard
>>
>>64624996

Time travelling through wormholes has everything to do with Quantum Mechanics, seeing QM says it's impossible.
>>
its kinda boring, slow and paced badly
>>
>>64624114
>forgettable

lel what? It was literally the best sci-fi film of this decade.
>>
File: 1408818802192.jpg (43KB, 500x638px) Image search: [Google]
1408818802192.jpg
43KB, 500x638px
>>64624418
This is L I T E R A L L Y what people who likes Interstellar looks like.
>>
>Daughter spends life 'cold-shouldering' father for leaving on a save the world mission
>Daughter dedicates her life to that very same save the world mission

ayyyyee
>>
>>64626724
>time travel using wormholes
i dont even know where to begin m8
>>
>>64624384
> He can't even speak.

Britbongs, everyone
>>
File: 1452199818155.png (265KB, 373x573px) Image search: [Google]
1452199818155.png
265KB, 373x573px
>>64624114
>>
File: meme rap.jpg (212KB, 1213x1617px) Image search: [Google]
meme rap.jpg
212KB, 1213x1617px
>>64628851
INTERSTELLAR WAS LOW ON MEMES TBQH

JUST FAT OGRE SHIT AND ITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOES
>>
>>64626724
>it's impossible.
>No, it's necessary

It was fucking garbage, mostly due to a cringeworthy script which made supposedly smart characters make air headed and nonsensical decisions with a final act that was genuinely pretentious.

It was visually bland, people will argue this is because 'muh science' but it really isn't. Look at the dull unimaginative dream world of inception and we see an exact same lack of creativity here.

It's a complete vanity project that contains about 15 minutes worth of watchable material and a complete misstep. Seriously who thought that it was a good idea to give one of the most emotionally sterile directors working today a project which completely hinged on believable relatable and non-saccharine portrayals of love?

Still seen it 3 times though, the score is decent.
>>
Detailed Analysis of Interstellar (Feat. Grant Voegtle)

>Interstellar had an *extremely* complex plot but it was also rich with themes that structure a prediction for our future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb1FFkG6Qd0

I love you Forever - Interstellar Analysis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2xMpjn4LrI

Interstellar, movie analysis -Tolec & Dan Brock

>in-depth review, analysis & provide commentary and insight into some of the more profound, salient & poignant moments [up to & including the first half] of this thought provoking movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRBJeh5pIgM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI0qvNfIHcI

Media Bites Extra Thoughts on INTERSTELLAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iP9NQF-UwE

Interstellar - Film Review and Analysis | Abyss: Explorations in Storytelling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY9GAH64x9g

INTERSTELLAR ANALYSIS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdTJIxEuntU

Interstellar & 2001: A Space Odyssey - Rough Cut film Analysis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pjn5OoKRDI
>>
LOVE, TARS, LOVE
>>
File: tars.jpg (338KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
tars.jpg
338KB, 1200x900px
>TARS, zoom in on murph's feet
>zoom setting is at 105%, coop
>let's up that to 200%, tars
>>
>>64624114
Extremely bland dialogue and acting, even for Nolan standards. Could not give a shit about a single character.
>>
I enjoyed it but it fell apart when they went into the Black Hole
>>
too slow (first act mostly) and convulted for normies to go crazy about it, but still pretty enough to make a lot of money.

the "Love, TARS. Love." line made autistic /v/edditors hate it despite the fact that every science fiction flick has a large amount of fantasy disguised as "science".
>>
MURF?
>>
>>64629147

Why do mentally ill virgin retards who say they've seen a "garbage movie" 3 times think their opinions are relevant?

The movie went over the heads of the average person, let alone the heads of the people here.
>>
File: interstellar 70mm reel.jpg (3MB, 4000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
interstellar 70mm reel.jpg
3MB, 4000x2250px
>>64629147
>lack of creativity

5TH DIMENSIONAL TESSERACT INSIDE A BLACK HOLE ISN'T CREATIVE

PROPER BAIT REQUIRES SOME THOUGHT

INTERSTELLAR WAS AN ABSOLUTELY GLORIOUS FILM EXPERIENCE

NOLAN SINGLEHANDEDLY SAVED KODAK FROM BANKRUPTCY TO PRODUCE THE 70MM FILM STOCK FOR INTERSTELLAR

IT WAS THE LONGEST 70MM IMAX FILM EVER MADE AND POSSIBLY THE LAST ONE EVER MADE

WHOEVER DIDN'T SEE INTERSTELLAR ON FILM IN A TRUE IMAX MISSED OUT BIGTIME
>>
>>64629344
that's sentimentality disguised as science, though. it's not really the same thing. I mean it's ultimately as manipulative as Joss Whedon humor or Transformers action, just for emotion instead of humor/excitement.
>>
>>64624114

its a great movie thats still mentioned a lot, you just say its forgotten because there arent any memes
>>
love didnt transcend time and space. pretty autistic to get stuck on this one

the extradimensional beings/humans needed coop to find the right location in spacetime to contact murph

i suppose they couldnt do it themselves because they were already transcended or whatever
>>
>>64629418
>I don't like your criticism... It must've gone over your head!
Counter me you child and maybe we can have a discussion

>>64629432
Yes like Inception the concept of what could happen does not in anyway match the dull reality of what was presented on screen. Nolan is not adept at working with the large scale ideas of these two movies and TDKR. He's made some amazing films but he's been completely out of his depth for the last 3 and they've all ended up messy tripe because of it.
>>
>>64629527

You've been on this board too long so you don't realize what a red flag it is for someone to call a movie garbage... and then say they've seen it 3 times. Go watch Fast & Furious you moron.
>>
>>64629604
So you have no counterpoints? That's a shame.
>>
>>64624114
>>64624384

I think Matthew McConaughey was great in this film, really good

My main gripe with the film was the whole 5th dimension shit. I hate films that string you along like "yeah this is all scientifically accurate and will have a pleasing conclusion", only to hit you with a bunch of STEAMING BULLSHIT in the last few minutes

It reminds me of Lost. "No guys, there's a logical and scientific explanation to all of this, we swear. Oh wait actually we don't know what to do now and can't be fucked to write a good story so it's, uh, magic! Yeah!
>>
It's typical for Nolan films to be forgotten after a few months. They are flash in the pan fads remembered only by his most diehard fanboys or when people reminisce about "good movies" and then go "oh yeah, Memento exists I wonder why I forgot about it".

It's just /tv/ that won't let TDKR rest.
>>
>>64629705

Are you retarded or something? The film deals with theoretical physics right from the start. Extra dimensions aren't "magic," they're hypothesized to actually exist by some of the most educated, intelligent people on the planet.
>>
File: interstellar cube.jpg (397KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
interstellar cube.jpg
397KB, 1920x1080px
>>64629527
THE TESSERACT WITH ITS VIBRATING TIME STRINGS WAS A FANTASTICALLY CREATIVE SET PIECE, PLUS IT WAS DONE WITH PRACTICAL EFFECTS

PETER HACKSON OR WHEDON WOULD HAVE DONE THE WHOLE THING IN CGI

THE DREAM WORLD IN INCEPTION WAS INTENTIONALLY REAL BECAUSE THEY WERE USING DREAMS TO TRICK THE MARK INTO THINKING HE'S AWAKE

YET WE STILL SEE FREIGHT TRAINS RIP THROUGH THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET, CITY BLOCKS FOLD OVER EACH OTHER AND STAIRCASES FALL AWAY

YOUR BASIC COMPLAINT IS YOU WANT MORE WHEDON OUT OF NOLAN, MORE FLASHY GAUDY RIDICULOUS SHIT

TLDR: TOP PLEB
>>
MURPH

LOVE TARS
O
V
E
>>
>>64629904
If you REALLY think that there is only Nolan or Whedon when it comes to creative use of ideas then there's really nothing else for us to talk about, is there?
>>
>>64630082
WHO ELSE MAKES WIDE RELEASE MOVIES AT THIS LEVEL

WANNA ADD JJ ABRAMS TO THE LIST?

NOLAN IS LITERALLY THE BEST THING TO HAPPEN TO BLOCKBUSTERS
>>
>>64625891
why is that?
the visuals were exquisite

>>64627311
i look nothing like him but alright
>>
>>64629836
>>64629705
yeah, if anything MY main gripe with the film are the 2 women in this movie who bitch on and on about SHIT or to get what they want just because they have a vagoo. for fucks sake, privileged, irrational thinking, fucking pussies.
>>
>>64629904
>ywn spend your life watching prime Murph's bedroom

Just fly me into a black hole already
>>
Saw it in 70mm IMAX at the Seattle science center and it was one of the best theater experiences of my life. Saw it again on a regular screen and it just wasn't the same. If you didn't see the 70mm then you missed out.
>>
>>64626183

Yeah that scene was retarded. Or the whole character in general. My only gripe with the movie but otherwise it's great
>>
TDKR will always be his best piece of work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooHedLNcIRQ
>>
>>64624114
it's not full of memeshit
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.