[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did /tv/ like Ex Machina?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4

File: EM_Domination.jpg (113KB, 1083x658px) Image search: [Google]
EM_Domination.jpg
113KB, 1083x658px
Did /tv/ like Ex Machina?
>>
Best episode of Black Mirror yet.
>>
I haven't seen it

Science fiction is for nerds and kids
>>
>>64604832
No. How could this genius billionaire not have more security measures in place to prevent what happened?
>>
>being this new.
Lurk more, retard.
>>
>>64604832
Fuck no.
Trying way too hard to be intelligent or thought-provoking.
>>
>>64604865
I dunno about that, man.
>>
>>64604832

Yeah. Oscar's foot game was mighty.
>>
I did, it was a great representation of how women actually are. Must have been some kind of pinocchio like allegory, she became a real live woman in the end for sure!
>>
File: 1423200259357.jpg (334KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1423200259357.jpg
334KB, 1600x1200px
>>64604948
Apparently you didn't watch the movie. Of course he had security measures up the ass. He got tricked and let his alcoholism get the better of him.
>>
2nd favorite film of the year after Sicario tbph f a m
>>
>watch me tear up the dance floor
>>
>>64605152
His security measures were like a baseball or something. I'm talking about security fences, or something implanted in her brain that explodes if she gets out of her room.
>>
>>64605232
*baseball bat
>>
why was Oscar Isaac supposed to be a bad guy ? they try to imply he is fucking crazy but he really wasn't
>>
Not really.

Classic case of a movie too determined to focus on theoretical/philosophical questions while forgetting to have a personality. Without Isaac it would've been literally unwatchable; with Gleeson being as bland as he was. Not to mention that Her tackled roughly the same topics but in a way that didn't forgo the non-thematic aspects of film-making.

It's not a terrible movie but it's not a good one either. Movies about scientists need to be banned, it's an excuse for directors to lazily write their characters as boring analytical robots.
>>
>>64604832
I thought the red haired guy was going to end up a robot, and the experiment was that he was being tested. I was sadly mistaken.
>>
>>64605414
me too
it was so obvious even he himself though of this
>>
moty imo desu senpai
>>
>>64604832
I feel like if you've seen any other film about AI, you've already seen this.

Oscar Issac was the only sign of life throughout the film. I've watched Domnhall Gleeson in this, Revenant, Brooklyn and Star Wars now and despite playing pretty different characters, all of his performances struck me as really anaemic. He's not charismatic at all
>>
>>64604832
It was alright. I though it was thought provoking especially with regard to how art imitates the maker. Isaacs was good, plot overal was okay and it had two good looking waifus.
>>
>>64604832
is that a star wars spinoff ?
>>
>>64605500
>he himself thought of this
Oh the cutting himself part. I had forgotten about that.
>>
40 minutes into this, pretty fucking boring
>>
>>64605572
It only goes downhill.
>>
>>64604832
Was it decent and entertaining? Is it popular?

If yes to either, /tv/ hates it for being utter garbage.
>>
Yes.
>>
>>64605368
>too theoretical

go see a star war
>>
>>64605361
>why was Oscar Isaac supposed to be a bad guy ?

Just because he treated them poorly. Even though he had to.
>>
what's the deal with his hairline
>>
>>64605681
>what's the deal
>no seinfeld.jpg

One job
>>
Only good scene was the dancing.

But apart from that skinny white boy got cuckolded by an AI and she somehow got out of the compound by whispering to the pilot what Bill Murray whispered to Scarlett Johansson in LIT.

Shitty hot fembot flick
5/10
>>
>>64605675
>invite someone to live in your underground sekret laboratory out of your own volition
>build a near-sentient or maybe just sentient AI cuz dude science lmao out of your own volition
>treat them like shit
>SORRY I HAD TO
>>
>>64605821
"Them" = robots. He was fine to Caleb, if not a bit rude.
>>
What's weird about this movie is that the scientist actually survided and git his pilot's license. The ginger nerd also survived and the experience created such rage inside him that he became a totalitarian megalomaniac.
>>
>>64605232
Two possibilities:
1. He assumed he knew his own creation well enough that he wouldn't need those security measures, and didn't put them in place, like an idiot
2. Caleb disabled those security measures, just like he said he did, on-screen, in the movie. This is explicitly explained via dialogue, and is the correct answer

I loved Ex Machina. It was weird, suspenseful, creepy, and detailed enough to feel plausible, in some near-future world. Nathan was a fucking chode.
>>
>>64605865
if you're fine with just calling them robots you missed the most important question in the movie

>near-sentient or maybe just sentient AI
>>
>>64605997
You mean sapient.
>>
>that hot as fuck jap girl laying naked
my dick
>>
>>64605956

I assumed he had too much of an ego to implant a safety measure to make sure the robot didn't go too far.
>>
I liked it until the last 5 minutes and then I realized I didn't get it

why did she leave him locked in the room?
>>
>>64604832
>Did /tv/ like Ex Machina?
/tv/ liked arguing about it
>>
>>64606197
because she was playing him all along
>>
>>64604832
I liked how even though Nathan trained himself constantly he got fucked up pretty instantly by the fembot.
>>
>>64606197
Two reasons. She's not human and has no empathy, so once he outlived his usefulness, she simply gave no fucks about him. Two, he was a threat to her once she was IRL
>>
>>64606197
Oh no, you poor little boy. You fell in love with her, too? m8 never put pussy on a pedestal even robotic pussy
>>
>>64606256
why the fuck was he training so much
>>
>>64606284
Nothing better to do. You should try it sometime
>>
File: giphy-_2_.gif (2MB, 400x251px) Image search: [Google]
giphy-_2_.gif
2MB, 400x251px
>>64606220
Don't worry, anon.

Society caught on pretty quick.
>>
>>64606220
>>64606263
hmm, ok makes sense

I need to rewatch it
>>
how did the pilot even agree to fly her back?
>>
>>64606446
I think she probably killed him.
>>
babbies first comparison of machines/AI and humans.

I'd give it a 6/10 I guess. It wasn't bad. Super overrated here though, because young guys have a hard on for this type of sci-fi subject and anything that raises half-interesting questions. The characters, execution, and story were mostly unremarkable, but it still provoked a few interesting thoughts, I suppose.
>>
File: Fedora.jpg (32KB, 466x382px) Image search: [Google]
Fedora.jpg
32KB, 466x382px
>>64606574
(You)
>>
>>64606197
Because she didn't care enough to help more than by warning to get out
>>
>>64604832
Yes. It was great.
>>
>>64604832
How will he get his revenge on Poe for trapping him in that house?
>>
I liked Ex Machina because I have an obsession with Oscar Isaac and I fantasize about him building me as a sex robot
>>
>>64606446
Why wouldn't he? He had no reason to suspect she was anything other than an ordinary qt3.14. And someone as rich as Oscar Isaac's character probably had more than one helicopter, so the fact that he hadn't personally brought her there wouldn't necessarily raise suspicion.

"Hey pilot dude, your boss had me flown up here to party for the weekend. He wanted me to let you know that Domhnall Gleeson would be staying with him at the house for a while."
>>
>>64605739
zozzed
>>
>>64606574
this but I'd give it a 7
>>
>>64606345
What's this from?
>>
Either this or Hateful Eight are my favorite movies of 2015.
>>
>>64607229
that's pleb as fuck. ex machina is fine tho
>>
>2016
>not tearing up the fucking dance floor that's what
>>
>>64605368
>>64605506
Yeah these. In Blade Runner, the characters that are being contrasted with robots are more lifelike, but still exhibit traits that prompt the audience to question how "human" they are, particularly Deckard. At the same time, the replicants, mostly Batty, show "human" traits or growth better than Ava. So the comparison there works much better.

The main problem here is Gleeson, who's quite flat. Isaacs was very good, although his character didn't go far toward making an effective comparison with the AI. The movie focused too much on philosophical exposition rather than exploring the issue more so with non-dialogue means. It veers too much in the direction of being an essay, and not enough in the direction of being a character-event driven film.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.