[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long was it between Episoe V and VI? After Tatooine in VI,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: lukeyoda.jpg (750KB, 2964x1972px) Image search: [Google]
lukeyoda.jpg
750KB, 2964x1972px
How long was it between Episoe V and VI?

After Tatooine in VI, Luke says he has to keep a promise and return to finish his training, which I assume is a reference to when he told Yoda he'd be back in V, but between the two movies suddenly he has a new lightsaber and has honed Jedi powers.

Does that mean he went to go see Yoda again between the two times? And how come in VI we see him ask Yoda if Vader is his father? As if it is the first time he's seen him since V.
>>
>>64592833
>How long was it between Episode V and VI?
About 6 months

>Does that mean he went to go see Yoda again between the two times?
No, he was doing Han Solo related stuff. He only built the lightsaber just before the assault on Jabba's palace using stuff he found in Obi-Wan's hut.

>As if it is the first time he's seen him since V.
It is.
>>
>>64592923

> i pull information out of my ass and hope plebs believe it
>>
I always thought it was a possibility that he went to see Yoda between the two movies. It seemed like a really strange turn that Yoda would teach him a bunch of shit, he ran off pre-maturely to Yoda's dismay, but then the dude was just gonna die off 6 months later. He also seems to be pretty satisfied with what Luke has learned from him when they see each other in Jedi but was not at all when he sees him in Empire. If they haven't interacted since then that kinda invalidates all of Yoda's fears of Luke confronting Vader pre-maturely at the end of Empire.
>>
>>64593033
I was 6 months in the EU I guess, it's about a year according to people in charge of canon but not any canon media.

Wookieepedia isn't hard to use anon. Who else could you trust with these kinds of questions but the most wretched hive of neckberds and autism?

>>64593157
Luke only brings up the Vader thing in Jedi so it seems like Luke hasn't been back since Empire.
Yoda says Luke isn't a Jedi yet, just that he has the training he needs to make the right choice. It's just if he finished the training Yoda thinks there'd be no chance or less chance of falling to the dark side. Luke does ride that line all of RotJ until the moment he throws down his lightsaber at the end.

Plus you don't wanna tell Luke he's fucked right before he has to go fight Vader, doubt isn't good when you're trying to use the force.
>>
>>64593157
>If they haven't interacted since then that kinda invalidates all of Yoda's fears of Luke confronting Vader pre-maturely at the end of Empire.

Not really. Luke WASN'T ready in ESB.
>>
Yeah I assumed he did more training with Yoda, nothing major but a few lessons. I guess you could postulate that he was better because he had just practiced what he'd already learned (like from Obi-Wan on the Falcon, and from Yoda in his first lesson), but with all the mental & physical shit it's an area where you really need a coach to provide constant feedback, or else you're just treading water.
>>
>>64594368
Luke beat Vader with the dark side but then beat the Emperor with the light side by refusing the fight and redeeming Vader. It had nothing to do with Luke's technical ability at lightsaber fighting or rock lighting. Jedi training is about how and when to use the force since you don't actually need to be a jedi to learn the force.
>>
according to "wookiepedia"

>The film is set one year after the Empire's invasion of Cloud City, when Luke Skywalker and friends travel to Tatooine to rescue their friend Han Solo from the vile Jabba the Hutt.
>>
>>64594703
>Jedi training is about how and when to use the force
Exactly. Something only a Master can impart through steady training. Thank-you for proving my point.
>>
>>64593033
there's a deleted scene of him making his lightsaber
>>
>>64592833
thinley veiled luke thread?
>>
>>64594815
I would be very interested in seeing this, do they have the footage? Why did they include that dumb scene with Jabba on Tatooine but not this?
>>
>you're not ready to fight this guy who is secretly your father and was once a nobel man but we won't tell you that for some reason because the force
>hope you don't get your ass kicked

Fucking Jedi mang
>>
>>64594368
according to the novelization, apparently Palpatine read Luke's mind and saw the Yoda had finished Luke's training and died. The novelization is also where we first hear that Vader is in the suit because of Lava.
>>
>>64594810
I missed something here. What's your point? We might be agreeing without realizing it.
>>
He managed to learn all that because the luke we see in ROTJ is actually Luuke
>>
>>64594881
I'm not really sure, I'm just speculating. I'm sure it's clarified somewhere in EU or a line or two in the films explaining it.
>>
>>64594840
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ayT0EZwbks
at 1:19. But i'm pretty sure deleted scenes are not canon
>>
>>64594929
I'm just saying nothing Luke did to win in the end of RotJ involved a technical ability in lightsaber fighting or specific force powers (which I don't think you practice like you do a martial art or musical instrument).

I'm not entirely sure OT lightsaber fighting isn't really more about using the force than actual sword fighting skill.
>>
>>64594840

google nigger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ayT0EZwbks
>>
>>64594918
>not bigger Luke
>>
>>64595081
>But i'm pretty sure deleted scenes are not canon
Yeah they arent canon, but this IS said in the film
>Vader: [inspects Luke's lightsaber] I see you have constructed a new lightsaber. Your skills are complete. [turns off the lightsaber again] Indeed you are powerful, as the Emperor has foreseen.
>>
>>64593157
Yoda may not have known in ESB that he was going to die soon. He could have had a pancreatic cancer diagnosis pop up on him in between the movies.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.