[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the consensus?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5

File: master of none.jpg (168KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
master of none.jpg
168KB, 600x600px
What's the consensus?
>>
Anything that Aziz is shit by default
>>
I thought it was pretty good. Follows the themes of some of his standup shows. It's funny, worth a watch if you like him, but not anything amazing.
>>
LOO.
>>
I didn't know what to think of it to be honest.

Wasn't into it at first, but it might be one of those things where I need to give it a second look.
>>
>>64575478
I didn't fucking laugh once

Is it even suppoosed to be a comedy?

The acting was atrocious and the plots were uninsipred.

I don't even know who the target audience for this shit is. Yuppies?
>>
DESIGNATED
>>
>>64575494
why

It's not a bad show, but it's not great. I dislike how each episode is very plot-driven, but there's not really an overarching story.

That said, I love the tone and cinematography. It's a muted comedy, which we need more of.
>>
>>64575478
I can't take Aziz seriously, he's super hacky.

The aspect ratio was awful, the acting is weak as fuck, the white-hating/indian-american experience shit is forced and unrelatable (he never once shat on a designated shitting street (Kent and N 9th)).

I'm from Montreal, he tried to hook up with a female friend of mine during just for laughs years ago and failed miserably. He's literally a faggot.
>>
My girlfriend got me to watch the parents episode. Some of the worst acting I've ever seen.
>>
>my girlfriend dumped me and I like to eat pasta so I'm going sell everything I own and move to Italy to go to "pasta school"!
>roll credits on the season

fucking awful
>>
>>64575717
>It's a muted comedy, which we need more of.

Your terrible grammar aside. This isn't muted, this is ham-fisted ranting toward what people think NYC is supposed to be like. A muted comedy is Louie, this is repurposed shit.

And the cinematography fucking blows, 21:9 or whatever for a comedy? Why.
>>
>>64575739
>he tried to hook up with a female friend of mine during just for laughs years ago and failed miserably. He's literally a faggot.
was she hot? greentext
>>
File: reverse racism invade europe.jpg (2MB, 2993x4122px) Image search: [Google]
reverse racism invade europe.jpg
2MB, 2993x4122px
>>
what's a loo ?
>>
>>64575618
It's meant for people just like Aziz Ansari. Well-off 30-year-olds.

In addition, there's some deliberate appeal toward South and East Asians
>>
I liked some episodes, mainly "Parents" and "Old People" and even the one about Indian stereotypes on TV. That buff indian friend was a GOAT side character.
However, the feminism one was complete fucking shit. It was literally a tumblr laundry list of talking points. The main relationship was shit, too. The show relied too much on "dude millennials lmao"
>>
>>64575478
I don't like it because he's Indian.
>>
>>64575494
I avoided this show because I thought the same thing. Just watch it, it's good
>>
>>64575867
Dude I went to NYU, I lived in Alphabet City, I was older than the average student too (and better off) so it should've been right in my wheelhouse.

It wasn't because he's not cool. He's really, really not cool and it shows.
>>
>>64575888
mostly this
>>
>>64575867
I'm half Indian and the poster of that comment

I can't relate to any of these dumb yuppies at all

They're all so unlikeable
>>
PUT DE POO IN DE ...
>>64575568
>>
>>64575998
wow I'm somehow impressed
I need a life
>>
>>64575820
that has no bearing on this show whatsoever m8
>>
>>64575812
I've typed it before but people didn't respond to it.

Basically he invites two cute girls to his room and has his security outside the door. They come up to smoke a J out of a window and drink or wtv. He then tries to kiss one and they get skeeved out and go to leave, he runs to the door and doesn't let them. They think it's funny because he's a tiny indian dude with a giant mouth but he insists they stay and tells his guard to not let "anyone" open the door. The girls threaten to scream rape unless he lets them leave. He steps back and says fine.

They leave but ten minutes later remember one of them left her purse in the room. They awkwardly shuffled back and he tried to pull a stunt to get her to stay, she didn't and left too.

I'm forgetting a ton of details, I think he tried to get a threesome going but was rebuffed, then tried for the first girl and THEN the second girl. Like real pathetic-like.

His standup sucks too. Whiny bitch.

Can't respect the man.
>>
>>64576032
lmao
>>
>>64576032

Is this pasta?

Please tell me it is.
>>
>>64576032
>His standup sucks too
Yeah, I was a fan of Parks and Rec when I tried to get into his stand up, and dropped that shit like it had the plague. I really tried but it just stinks.
Then he started expanding his image beyond parks and rec and I realized he was a tool, so I won't even check out this show.
>>
>>64576032
>Be paki
>Be beta attempted-rapist

Adds up, I guess that's why they usually go for girls under 13.
>>
>>64576089
swear to god it's not, it happened like at least 4 years ago, before he was on TV regularly. I'm forgetting a ton of funny details but I don't wanna exaggerate or make anything up.

>>64576146
His recent bits on "modern romance" are unintentionally funny for my friends and me who know the story. He's a cucked loser.
>>
Gets old pretty quickly, writing is ok and is decently funny, hit and miss on an episodic basis.
>>
>>64576108
>>64576032
I've seen some funny Human Giant sketches, but I've gotta agree, his standup makes me want to cry.
>>
>>64576191

Was it a situation where he might have been able to get some pussy if he played his cards right before acting all rapey?
>>
>>64576272
I miss that show
>>
>>64576191
He's insecurities show a lot. I remember a skit or a Conan interview or something like that about how he fucked white girls. Then he releases a show about fucking white girls.
He seems obsessed and insecure and before any curries ask I'm hispanic.
>>
>>64576032
You can catch the cuckdom by even thinking this is appropriate viewing for men.
>>
he wasnt so bad on parks and rec but everything else he does is awful
>>
>>64576338

Well, nearly everyone is pretty good in Parks and Rec so I'd probably just chalk that up to the writers of that show.
>>
>>64576289
If it was anyone other than a whiney-voiced, manic indian manlet who literally designs entire acts around complaining about romance? Maybe.

I think the girls would've fooled around but sparking a threesome is nigh impossible. Especially with two giggly girls who aren't lesbian at all.

Dudes like Aziz have to get all serious and direct when the laughing dies down, I get the feeling he's the kind of guy who would keep making jokes and reaching to make the people in the room laugh.

>>64576311
>before any curries ask I'm hispanic.

I think it was Gavin McInnes who said it's impossible for a white dude to pick up a latina in a one night stand.

>>64576323
the show sucks dude, I know.
>>
>>64575478

kind of preachy but still really good. due to some of the subject matter though (like the feminism episode) its impossible to have a non shitty thread about it on /tv/

took the Louie formula and did it better than most seasons of Louie
>>
>>64575784

its funny because you're supposed to think he's going to japan to chase after his ex. everyone next to him on the plane is even asian. maybe the best gag of the series
>>
>>64576338
>>64576378
>Parks and Rec
>funny

gawsh
>>
>>64576323
>appropriate viewing for men

give me a break faggot
>>
>>64575618
Redditors and thinskinned college kids who have no actual character.

shit show shit writer shit thread shit streets.
>>
>>64575494
Human Giant was good.
>>
>>64576032
KANYE! MY BABY GAP SUITS! MY SNEAKIES mmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

*shits on stage*
>>
>>64575784
>I missed the point of the last episode

Even the qt says something like "This is my last chance to go to Japan and do something with my life!"
>>
>>64576434
>it was Gavin McInnes who said it's impossible for a white dude to pick up a latina in a one night stand
there's one night stand sluts in every ethnicity, and literally no taboos to going home with a white guy or a white girl.
I don't know in the east coast which is where Gavin is based, but where I live he's wrong.
>>
>>64575478

>hey I hate how the white man is taking me down you know but I can't stop fucking dem white woemen!
>>
File: image.png (802KB, 768x861px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
802KB, 768x861px
I dropped it after the first episode
>>
File: 1434302174227.jpg (74KB, 1020x759px) Image search: [Google]
1434302174227.jpg
74KB, 1020x759px
>>64577561
>>
>>64577561
Does this show revolve entirely around white girls in interracial relationships?
>>
>>64577561
Why are white people so insecure?

Trust me. Tyrone is not the reason you guys can't get laid.
>>
It's a version of Louie without the jokes, edge, talent of Louie C.K.

He is a master of none because he has no fucking personality. He just exists for the plot.
>>
File: lol4.png (763KB, 927x594px) Image search: [Google]
lol4.png
763KB, 927x594px
>>64577684
>>
>>64575478
The consensus is Man Seeking Woman is the superior show.

Also how is there no Man Seeking Woman thread?
>>
Just watch it dude. I liked it a lot but then again Im a well off 29 year old that can relate to most of the subject matter that he covers. Looking forward to season 2.
>>
>>64575478
I really hate that tall fat manchild character. the show was decent though
>>
>lmao i hang out with kanye
>here's another kanye story
>haha i have yet another kanye story
>i'm not funny at all
>>
>>64575478
some pretty good episodes, pretty mediocre overall
>>
lol there's a lot of TRIGGERED /tv/ posters in these threads. desperate to come up with reasons why anything that's not strictly a straight white male show is bad.

you guys can't even tell why you don't like it, some guy even had to come up with a fake rape story.
>>
I thought Aziz only mentioned Kanye in one stand-up one time.

Why do people like to force this meme?
>>
A shit very of Louie
>>
A show that panders to rich white people sensibilities while pretending to be multicultural even though everyone in the show is from the same socioeconomic class.

It's shows like this, the unremarkable with a new coat of paint that remind me why I haven't watched more than one episode in a row of any TV show in the last 2 years.
>>
>>64582571
I'm pretty sure he talks a lot of Kanye in Parks & Rec.
>>
>>64575478
>that forced in gay and lesbian friends in the first episode
>it's another "hey we are adults but we act all quirky and funny like kids haha" show
>Anzari's Facebook humour designed for millennials
Also it tries too hard to be like another Curb.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.