[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What a steaming pile of shit dudes >MUH CINEMATOGRAPHY >MUH

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

File: 2 actors 1 cup.jpg (50KB, 500x344px) Image search: [Google]
2 actors 1 cup.jpg
50KB, 500x344px
What a steaming pile of shit dudes

>MUH CINEMATOGRAPHY
>MUH ETERNAL SOULS STRUGGLE
>MUH MALICK

fuck off
>>
File: self-indulgence.jpg (30KB, 333x273px) Image search: [Google]
self-indulgence.jpg
30KB, 333x273px
>>64564550
Classic Malick!
>>
You are infantile about the medium. This is better cinema than any film you have ever enjoyed.
>>
>this far into Malick's career
>complain about the themes he's always been interested in

Why watch it? Like for what purpose?
>>
>>64564649
it's worth like 2 flicks, tops.
>>
>>64564649
ok, ill trade you problem chiild 2 and the room

>>64564694
>no meme magic

piss poor imo
>>
>Malick opens with a quote or voiceover that introduces the film's themes
>people are still confused as to what it was about
Every time
>>
>>64564550
I actually sort of like this movie, but it has a lot of issues. Basically missed opportunities: the movie. He should've retired after Tree of Life and left a perfect filmography. It seems he has nothing new to say and just redoes his old stuff less successfully. Unfortunate.
>>
>>64564649
>enjoyed

I enjoyed TPBTP but this is bogus man
>>
I like to imagine that all these parties are really happening in Malick's place and Terry just says "hey, let's shoot somethin", pulls out a camera, and tells Bale to start acting.
>>
>>64564550
>/tv/ hating on malick
is this bizarro /tv/?
oh wait only redditors would hate on malick
>>
>>64565155
The Place Beyond The Pines is the artistic infant leagues.
>>
>>64565155
>>64565155
>films have deeper meanings

I bet you're single and possibly never had a gf
>>
>>64565180
I heard those were real parties that Malick and his production team crashed and when they were politely asked to leave, Malick looked the hosts and their security guards straight in the eye and whispered, "Your words are thoughtless, my thoughts are wordless" as a single gust of wind suddenly blew his hat up into the sky.
>>
>>64565819
Fucking lel
>>
File: 56797689.jpg (23KB, 396x158px) Image search: [Google]
56797689.jpg
23KB, 396x158px
>>64564550
MALICK BTFO
>>
>>64565231
only redditors would mention reddit
>>
>>64566740
>IMemeDb
>>
I saw Terence Malick at a grocery store in San Fran yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person and congratulated him on Knight of Cups' forthcoming release, but I didn’t want to be a douche and burgeon vanity into his psychosphere with blurbs of his genius artistic merit and deprive him from the way of grace.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken existentially aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “Huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face, in an experiential strobe of moral sunderings burning to the nexus of my character. I barely walked away and continued with my shopping in an effort to bask myself in the quotidian miasma he had pierced like a sword, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen snickers in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be busy and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the snickers and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to preserve the uniquity of each material object, which should never be underestimated” and then turned around and winked at me. After she scanned each candy bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by praying really loudly.
>>
File: Sad.gif (1015KB, 255x192px) Image search: [Google]
Sad.gif
1015KB, 255x192px
>>64564550
Man I tried Malick. Heard such amazing things. Was super disappointed. Well, maybe he just wasn't so good this time around, or so I thought. Try again with a different movie. Equally disappointed.

Make a documentary and stop trying to pretend you're telling a story, Malick!
>>
>>64567088
Needs more Heidegger
>>
>>64567088
Why butcher old pasta when we have all these true stories about Malick?

>While on location in the Philippines filming The Thin Red Line, Malick was inspecting a set piece by himself when an explosive accidentally went off. The explosion reached an estimated height of 40 feet and completely destroyed a mock Japanese camp. Fearing for the worst, crew and actors alike rushed to the scene with first aid kits. Sean Penn, the first on the scene says "It was amazing, like witnessing a miracle". Penn Claims Malick walked out of the flames with out so much as a scratch. When Penn asked how this is possible, Malick simply replied "I believed."
>>
>>64567200
Have you seen The Thin Red Line?
>>
>>64566740
jesus

Malick must be on suicide watch
>>
good thread frank
>>
>>64565819
I love these.
>>
>>64564550
>dudes

Totally bro. Like what was even up with it?

Nowhere near Boondock Saints, Fight Club, American History X, Dark Knight tier.
>>
>>64567977
No. Totally would except Malick. I am done being disappointed by the lies I have been told.
>>
>>64568537
>>64567347
>According to Affleck, on his fourth day of filming, he was handed notes for the day's scenes by Malick himself, which consisted of only two phrases; "Dance," and "Be love." In addition, Malick had doodled a small unicorn in the margin.[14]
>>
>>64567088
8/10, a bit inconsistent but parts of it are fucking flawless

real tempted to take a crack at this but you already put a lot of the work in
>>
>>64567347
>During his graduate studies at Harvard, Malick reputedly engaged in a violent disagreement with Gilbert Ryle, specifically about the nature of Wittgenstein's work.
>"Damn it Terence, stop pretending to some deeper level of insight into the man's corpus, I was there while he taught!"
>Terence replied "Yes Gilbert, but I remember what I taught."
>Terence was never seen on campus again, and dropped out of the program entirely a few days later
>>
>>64568702
His first three films are masterpieces.
>>
>>64567200
>wanting a story
Read a book.
>>
>>64568926
Kek
>>
>/tv/ hates Malick and likes the Star Wars prequels

Did this place turn into fucking reddit?
>>
>>64569259
>not wanting a story
Watch a screensaver.
>>
>>64569316
Since when has Reddit ever liked the SW prequels you dumb cuck? They're bandwagoners and echochamber faggots who endlessly repeat that the prequels were trash. 4chan always does the complete opposite of the popular opinion.

How fucking new and reddit are YOU?
>>
>>64569316

About five years ago.
>>
>>64567347
i remember hearing people arent even sure when and where he was born.
>>
>>64569460
He was never born. He materialized into existence.
>>
File: Grass.png (83KB, 661x203px) Image search: [Google]
Grass.png
83KB, 661x203px
>>64569316
They are lost. Souls without wings. Imperfect. The roots are there but they choose not to soar. They are weak. Our father. He is calling out for us. Lift me. Come. Rush into the sky. Begin.

>>64569460
>>
>>64569445
>knowing what reddit likes

found the fucking redditor
>>
>>64569346
Is this how you also approach painting and music?
>>
File: Frozen.webm (3MB, 320x142px) Image search: [Google]
Frozen.webm
3MB, 320x142px
>>64569526
Pretty much.
>>
If all a /tv/ pleb can do is say "muh" it just confirms masterpiece.
>>
File: Pleb.jpg (18KB, 331x345px) Image search: [Google]
Pleb.jpg
18KB, 331x345px
>>64569616
>>
>>64569503
Reddit is synonymous with popular opinion for normies. To know one is to know the other.
>>
>before /tv/
>basic charlatan pleb, fan of tarkovsky, kubrick, kurosawa, godard, think movies are kinda alright, lesser to based literature
>come to /tv/
>exposed to Malick
>literally never turn back
>fucking convinced he is a cinematic genius beyond measure
>seen The Tree of Life in full at least 14 times
>read the bible cover to goddamn cover
>deeply existential forever more now, consciously feeling life at all moments
>the way of grace has opened
what the fuck did you do to me
>>
>>64570396
Tarkovsky >>>>>>>> Kurosawa >> Malick >>> Kubrick >>> Godard
>>
>>64570455
even JJ > Godard desu
>>
>>64570396
You have seen the Wonder, anon.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.