[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it true Ridley Scott stole Giger from jodorowsky? https:/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4

File: Capturebgdd.jpg (27KB, 694x389px) Image search: [Google]
Capturebgdd.jpg
27KB, 694x389px
is it true Ridley Scott stole Giger from jodorowsky?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m_F2H2DqtU
>>
Jodorowsky was a worthless mexican meme director.
Just because he had a good idea doesn't mean shit.
The world is full of good ideas that never amount to anything. They're literally a dime a dozen.
>>
>>64552676
but he's Chilean.
>>
>>64552676
why is he a meme?
>>
>>64552598
He didn't steal Giger.

One thing that the Jodo Dune documentary didn't really touch upon is the fact that even though Jodo had a lot of big ideas expensive ideas, the studio rightfully thought they'd be impossible to implement in full. They saw him as a dreamer more than an accomplisher and didn't know how he'd manage a studio-sized budget.

Which makes sense if you think about it since nothing that grand in terms of Sci-Fi franchise had been achieved yet. It's hard to imagine a time before Star Wars and the big idea, big budget, big profit, Sci-Fi franchise. Star Wars largely paved that road when it came to summer blockbusters and Jodo missed out by a couple years. It also didn't help that Jodo is famously uncompromising and hard to manage. Studios like films and filmmakers that can be managed. For more info on that, see Fincher's discussions about Alien 3.

All of that is to say that once Giger realized Jodo was the captain of a sinking ship, he was enlisted by Ridley Scott, another Sci-Fi oriented filmmaker who could actually accomplish his vision on a budget. It was less thievery and more creative people coordinating when it was convenient.

>>64552676
He's Chilean, not Mexican, and made most of his most remembered movies in Spain.
>>
>>64552598
watch Jodorowsky's dune documentary
>>
why does giger speak like a frog
>>
>>64552598

did you not hear the dead fart? he went to someone and thats how he got in contact with scott.
>>
what a cool garden to have
>>
chooo choo
>>
>>64552598
I honestly like Giger because he has his mind on the right place.
My friend, was born by really,really,really rich parents, he had everything he sesired whole his life and he was really talented, its not my subjective opinion, people actually came and wanted to pay him to do something.
But his dumb opinion was that art does not exist and his talent cant be measured in money... anyway, now, 30 years later, no one gives a shit about him and he is left with wardrobes filled with doodles.
And everyone pushed him, raised his low selfestem , we did everything in our power so he "sell" himself... what now.. no money and no one gives a shit, just another wasted anonymous talent(i really dont know if he would become some world renown "artist" or maybe he would just work in Vidya industry but he had the tools, parents to back him up, shit, his life was a fucking red carpet , he just had to walk straight and sit on the throne.
I probably hate him a little because of that, but this is the reason I really like and consider Giger a great guy all around.
It is truth that best work comes when artist is a little hungry but at the end of the day, if you dont put high price on your work, no one will cherish it, its just a way plebs figure real value of some "art".
>>
>>64553305
>if you dont put high price on your work, no one will cherish it, its just a way plebs figure real value of some "art".
great quote man, saving it
>>
did he ever marry?
>>
I want to make a movie in actual space.
It's like POTC but filmed in outer space on 7000mm film at 900fps. It uses all practical effects.
There's going to be thousands of spaceships hundreds of miles long and every ship has a crew of 10 000 well trained men. Most of them are going to die when their ship blows up.
For the actors I'm going to reincarnate classical Hollywood stars like Humphrey Bogart, Cary Grant, Marlon Brando, and Clint Eastwood.
We're going to blow up Mars for this movie and about 8 million extras.
It's going to cost about 3 times the GWP of the next century and completely deplete planet Earth of it's natural resources.

Oh gee what a great idea. Please make a documentary about how the world fails to fund my ambitious plan.
>>
>>64552598
I hope so, Jodorowsky is a hack.
>>
>>64553713
why is he a hack? do elaborate
>>
>>64553732
Maybe not a hack, but he's such an egotistical asshole.
He made one good movie, El Topo, and thinks he's a god.
Holy Mountain, while being an amazing movie, is just an adaptation of the Chemical Wedding and he botched the fuck out of the ending. And the Dune documentary is a huge testament to how full of himself he is because its about a movie that never fucking happened. I've heard he didn't even read the book and I believe it. I imagine he would've treated Giger like shit.
>>
>>64553929
holy mountain is great.
santa sangre is great.
fando y lis is great.
>>
>>64554203
Holy Mountain is good, ending is shit.
Haven't seen the other two.
Jodorowsky is a shit human being regardless of talent.
>>
Thanks to Jodo we got Alien. Stop being a bunch of faggots.
>>
>>64552880
The problem is all of the "impossible" things were done within a few years by the same people who were working on dune.
>>
>>64554324
Jodorowsky had fucking nothing to do with Alien getting made, fuck off.
>>
>>64552676
>a dime a dozen
>doesn't like jodorowsky
>good ideas dont mean shit

Holy shit kill yourself and stop talking about film
>>
>>64552598
Jodorowsky never actually used Giger since the movie they worked on was never finished.
So Scott never really stole him.
>>
>>64554267
>>64553929
>hasn't seen all his films
>uses words like "good" and "bad" when describing cinema

just shut up lmao
>>
>>64554503
exactly, how can he rate him if he doesnt see his filmography
>>
>>64554417
"O'Bannon soon accepted an offer to work on Alejandro Jodorowsky's film adaptation of Dune, a project which took him to Paris for six months.[32][34] Though the project ultimately fell through, it introduced him to several artists whose works gave him ideas for his science-fiction story including Chris Foss, H. R. Giger, and Jean "Moebius" Giraud.[30] O'Bannon was impressed by Foss's covers for science fiction books, while he found Giger's work "disturbing":[32] "His paintings had a profound effect on me. I had never seen anything that was quite as horrible and at the same time as beautiful as his work. And so I ended up writing a script about a Giger monster."[30] After the Dune project collapsed O'Bannon returned to Los Angeles to live with Shusett and the two revived his Memory script. Shusett suggested that O'Bannon use one of his other film ideas"

The 'team' who made alien met because of Jodorowsky
>>
cool interview, shame he passed away
>>
>>64554417
research more
>>
>>64554674
>The 'team' who made alien met because of Jodorowsky
Well thank god he didn't make the movie.
>>
>>64554674
Thanks for the support. Also >>64554417
BTFO.
>>
>>64552880
None of the stuff on the concept art would actually fully work. A lot of those look awesome on paper, but would look much cheaper on screen.
>>
>>64554760
Maybe an animation done a by a Japanese studio today could work.
>>
>>64554760
tell us more mr director.
>>
>>64554760
Some of his concept art for dune made it into prometheus
>>
>>64554877
No it didn't.
>>
>>64554760
Yeah, people tend to forget that concept art and storyboards do not a film make.

Jodorowski has never really made a traditional narrative. He just doesn't tell that kind of story with his films.

So while his visuals would have probably been spectacular for their time, there's no way a studio would have handed him the money he needed to make his vision a reality. They were right to wait around for something more traditional and narratively safe like Star Wars.
>>
>>64554896
yes it did
>>
>>64554909
No, concept art he did for Alien made it into Prometheus.
>>
>>64554896
YES IT DID.
>>
>>64554959
No, it didn't.
>>
File: 011.png (365KB, 765x235px) Image search: [Google]
011.png
365KB, 765x235px
>>64554934
Yes, and also concept art he did for dune made it into prometheus.

I think they might even talk about it in the dvd extras
>>
>>64554977
Those look fucking nothing alike!
>>
>>64552598
Haven't you watched Jodorowsky's Dune?
Giger worked on Alien after Dune was trashed, because Jodo recommended his would-be-staff to other projects
>>
>>64554976
yes it did
>>
>>64555011
Yeah, that's from one of the earlier designs of the same castle. This one is closer to the actual one.
>>
>>64555011
are you blind
>>
>>64555043
First of all, JODOROWSKY'S DUNE NEVER HAPPENED. Stop referring to that horse shit documentary as if it were a real movie.
Second, piss off. Giger's work from beginning to end is amazing.
>>
File: prometheuspyr_1200_823_81_s.jpg (99KB, 1200x823px) Image search: [Google]
prometheuspyr_1200_823_81_s.jpg
99KB, 1200x823px
>>64555069
>>64555011
Here's another
>>
>>64555087
The resemblance is almost entirely in its vague shape.
Fucking building on Namek has similar shapes, does that mean his Dune concept art made it to Japanese anime studios?
>>
>>64555094
"Jodorowsky's Dune" is also the name of the documentary
>Second, piss off. Giger's work from beginning to end is amazing.
Where the fuck did I say that it wasn't? Calm down, sperg
>>
>>64555164
My bad.
>Giger worked on Alien after Dune was trashed
I read that as just "trash".
>>
>>64555125
the image from this >>64555122
is from the 'art of prometheus' book.
And these
>>64555069
>>64554977
Are designs from Dune. If you don't see the resemblance you might literally be retarded
>>
>>64553687

Giger? Yes. His artistic collaborators said he would excuse himself to go up to his bedroom to "talk to his dead wife". Although he is also on record saying he did not believe in an afterlife.
>>
>>64555094
I thought it was a great documentary. Where is the documentary about your work?
>>
>>64555125
oh my god
>>
>>64555069
looks similar
>>
>>64555326
thought he was gay
>>
>>64553687
Twice if I remember right. His first wife shot herself.

>>64556244
Nope.

>>64555326
Sounds like bullshit to me.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.