[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

They sexified things up too much but ultimately it was pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: tbs_1-sht_teaser.jpg (863KB, 750x1110px) Image search: [Google]
tbs_1-sht_teaser.jpg
863KB, 750x1110px
They sexified things up too much but ultimately it was pretty good. The book was better.
>>
File: 1450148194120.png (175KB, 456x302px) Image search: [Google]
1450148194120.png
175KB, 456x302px
>tfw you didn't understand any of it
>>
>>64545618
they dedicated three separate scenes with normalfag celebrities talking exclusively with small words so even the dumbest of monkeys could understand

if you couldn't then I'm surprised that you even typed that sentence out
>>
it was fine
>>
>>64545563
This kinda book is probably a better material for the TV mini series. The film ultimately becomes fine piece, but I thought it tries too much to cover so many area. It would've been much better film if it found one core character to tell a story from their POV.
>>
I don't remember the end of the book being so populist. Why are so many people fixated on throwing bankers into jail? Do they really think this would have kept this from happening?

They wanted to end the movie with some moral outrage, despite the fact that the vast majority of the institutions involved just didn't see what was going on because of its complexity. It's not like this was a big conspiracy by people who knew they were creating a huge fucking mess and were trying to cover it up.
>>
>>64545563
>Brad Pitt's desperate for an oscar because somehow his whore wife can win one and he can't: the movie.
>>
It's a documentary for people too dumb to sit through a documentary.
>>
>>64547701
I agree with this. I thought it was ok, but I didn't think any of the three core character groups got enough time to distinguish themselves / really reel me in.
>>
>>64548146
Brad Pitt is Robert Redford in this movie, right?
>>
>And the Academy Award goes to...Steve Carrell, The Big Short.
>>
>>64548880
Best Actor or Best Supporting? Who was the lead? Bale's Glass Eye?
>>
If a short is big, shouldn't it be considered a feauture-length film?
>>
>>64548960

best actor. bale is barely in it.
>>
>>64549026
Carrell is in it about the same as Gosling and the Vinnie guy. Gosling even has the voice over shit.
>>
I saw this last night. It was just ok. By the time they broke the 4th wall yet again with Selena Gomez and the economist I had just about had enough of this movie's style.

>>64548162
Yeah, kinda felt like this.
>>
>>64549167
Same.
I felt the style was somewhat overbearing and annoying from time to time.
>>
>>64545618
Half the movie was exposition dude
>>
>>64545618
how, they explained everything down to the basic terms
>>
>>64545618
It makes sense that you're from /v/
>>
File: Margin_Call.jpg (52KB, 300x444px) Image search: [Google]
Margin_Call.jpg
52KB, 300x444px
>>64549940
The movie seemed like such political bullshit
Anyone is entitled to feel mad about the financial crisis, but they should have expressed it through the characters, not a fucking voice over narration
It was way too opinionated and bitter for an entertainment flick

This is the perfect way to do a financial thriller, they got the point across that the banks are scumbags without needing to explicitly tell you multiple times
>>
>Margot Robbie as Herself[12]
>Selena Gomez as Herself[7]
>Richard Thaler as Himself[13]
>Anthony Bourdain as Himself[14]
Why?
>>
>>64545563
This movie was better than Spotlight. It actually felt like a movie instead of a documentary.
>>
>>64550188
Did you see the movie?
>>
>>64550131
That was really a surprisingly good film.
>>
Solid flick. The celeb cameos were dumb though. Just have Gosling explain what needs explaining ya know....like he did for some parts of the film. I'm really diggin Carrell these days.
>>
>>64550131

>too opinionated and bitter

Good. It was a shit situation created by morons and thieves and the righteous anger was absolutely justified.

Not every film has to be a cold and objective examination of the facts.
>>
>>64550131
Margin Call is a movie for idiots who dont understand shit about finance by idiots who dont understand shit about finance. It's 2 hours of good actors talking about nothing because getiing into specifics would be too hard for the idiot audience to follow.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.