[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finally saw this. What did /tv/ think of it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

File: h8ful8.jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
h8ful8.jpg
10KB, 300x168px
Finally saw this. What did /tv/ think of it?
>>
cuck film
>>
qt is a top memester 2bh pham
:^)
>>
>>64539360
Entertaining as fuck
>>
not his best work.
>>
Pretty fucking boring.

Could have been compressed into 4 characters and 1.5 hours.

Screenplay was still great, but I'd argue his worst film since Jackie Brown.
>>
dingus
>>
>>64539360
Story and the climax were kind of dissapointing. I was expecting more. I don't know.

However I loved the 70mm aspect and the framing of the scenes. It's too well made to hate completely but at the same time I will probably never watch it ever again
>>
I wish JJL would have gotten naked and KRuss kicked her in the cunt.
>>
>>64539360
Immersive but sloppy writing in the second half
>>
One of the best of the year and one of his best
>>
File: 1445120827914.jpg (118KB, 733x476px) Image search: [Google]
1445120827914.jpg
118KB, 733x476px
Literally a flick where Tarantino can express and push his cuck fantasies.

Wake up sheeple
>>
needs more feet
>>
>>64539360
Pretty great. Everyone says the ending is shit but I really liked it. It was kinda sweet in a sick way
>>
boring. it would have been better if it was shorter.
>>
The black dingus scene was so fucking stupid and came off as a masturbatory fantasy of tarantino's. There are so many better ways to try and get that old guy angry.
>>
File: 1439978704672.gif (1MB, 143x181px) Image search: [Google]
1439978704672.gif
1MB, 143x181px
>>64539447
>worst film since Jackie Brown

Not realizing thats his most mature film he has and probally ever will make.
>>
>>64539360
It is capeshit, It is Reddit, it is meme's
Tarantino is stuck, trying to relive his glory days. He is has no new material(nothing good at least)
>>
File: 1388812812965.jpg (30KB, 500x479px) Image search: [Google]
1388812812965.jpg
30KB, 500x479px
>>64539360
I thought it was a way better than Django.
I would place it as the 4th best Tarantino movie.
Inglorious > Pulp Fiction > Reservoir Dogs > Hateful 8 > Kill Bill >> the rest
(haven't seen Jackie Brown or Death Proof)
>>
>>64539750
you wish he took a more boring traditional route eh?
>>
>>64539360
It's one of my favorite movies this year.
>Bullshitting
>Genuine Mystery
>Roadshow Presentation
I'd rather have it be too long and have boring parts than have too much action crammed together, like TFA.
>>
should i make a 40 minute drive to the only theater near me showing the 70mm print if i already watched the garbage dvd screener? are the extra scenes worth it?
>>
>>64540258
maybe possibly
>>
>>64540258
do you have anything better to do?
>>
>>64540258
i wouldnt even drive 40 minutes to suck on a warm black dingus.
>>
>>64540258
Yes. The movie is good enough in itself to be worth another time watching.
>>
It's funny how hating Tarantino flicks has become contrarian when he is the contrarian posterboy

I don't get how his "style" appeals to people, it's just gimmicky BS and overdone "shock value" for edgy teenagers
>>
>>64540394
what shock value?
>>
>>64539487
this
>>
>>64540258
its really not worth it
unless you have disposable cash
just stick with the digital version, you're not missing out on much
>>
>>64539416
It was probably the worst Tarantino film. I wish he had gone through with his plan of canceling it after the script leaked, because it honestly works better as a novelty script than as a movie.

>>64539487
I was almost tempted to see it in 70mm just for the experience, but after seeing it in digital I really can't imagine what the advantage is (aside from the extended cut). It's such an uneventful film and it all takes place against one set. The decision to shoot in 70mm seems to serve no other purpose than to reflect Quentin's "artistic" pretensions.

>>64539750
Agreed, the shock value in this movie really took it a notch too far, and that's not something I say often. I'm sure making his audience uncomfortable was exactly what Tarantino was going for, but at least in his other movies the gore and sex serves a narrative purpose and is satisfying to see. It felt arbitrary in this movie, despite being raunchier and "worse" than ever - depravity solely for the purpose of being depraved.

>>64539677
He's in to warm black dingus now.
>>
>>64540394
QT is establishment, not contrarian.
>>
>>64539750
>There are so many better ways to try and get that old guy angry.
There are better ways to upset a confederate general than to tell him that you (a black union soldier) raped and killed his son?
>>
I liked it. Closed room mysteries are fun as fuck.
>>
Was a fun night at the movies. Not amazing, but it is great for what it is. Made a quick vid about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZPjlOcZv1M
>>
>>64540628

I thought he wasn't actually a confederate general but wasn't supposed to say much?
>>
>>64540733
he was wearing that confederate general uniform jacket before the gang arrived
>>
>>64540733
Nothing suggests he wasn't really a general.
>>
>>64539750
>It was 1870. People actually thought that niggers would actually do shit like that.
>It gave Tarantino to do a scene resembling one in The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
>It actually made you hate Warren.
That's why he had to do the big black pecker scene.
>>
I liked it, I told my grandparents to see it because it's "Like an Agatha Christie story." I look forward to their reviews.
>>
It was an enjoyable film to watch.
>>
>>64540831

I figured confederate uniforms weren't really important after the war General or not.

>>64540775

Maybe he didn't have a choice but it felt strange to me that he stayed at Minnie's so long and didn't seem have a problem with either Minnie or Gemma. Maybe Minnie and gang wanting him gone was supposed to show that.

After the flashback finished it felt like he was rolling with the punches out of fear. He recanted some details of the battle Mannix recognized him for and showed disdain for black people and Warren, but was kind of genial when Warren brings him soup because he shared a battlefield with him. His character was strange to me.
>>
>>64540991
>it was 1870
>stagehand from New Zealand comes with axles from Auckland, an annoying accent and terrible acting

Come on
>>
>>64541364
He didn't care at all that they got murdered, and Minnie clearly didn't want him there. It seems he just got stranded somehow.
>>
>>64541462
I'm pretty sure he just put her in that movie because she was the stunt double in Kill Bill.
>>
>>64541569
She was in Deathproof and Django Unchained as well.
>>
Great movie. My wife's son got so riled up during the infamous "Pecker" scene that he shouted "yeh suck that dingus u cracka"
>>
>>64541770
thats hot, keep going
>>
>>64541569
You used 1870 as an excuse for terrible writing
>>
I just came out of it as well.

Wonderful picture
>>
>>64541866
nah man the year was to show how gullible the old man was when it came to niggers.
>>
Boring and lame. Shit copy of Django
>>
File: KurtRussell.jpg (266KB, 681x1024px) Image search: [Google]
KurtRussell.jpg
266KB, 681x1024px
>>64539360
Entertaining as fuck, not his best or worst but I will definitely watch it again.

on a side note, I watched bone tomahawk the same day and Kurt Russell's facial hair is my favorite thing now.
>>
>>64542216
the plots are completely different. It definitely takes place in the same universe though.
>>
>>64542250

The beginning was like, a literal copy of the beginning of Django
>>
>>64539360
4/10

Way too much hype. Dragged along in most parts and was longer than it needed to be, and kinda predictable. SLJ played the same role he always does, Kurt Russell hammed it up pretty hard, and Walton Goggins forgot he was in a western and acted his role from Sons of Anarchy
>>
Fucking great

Dialouge driven, excellent characters and I also loved how 2/3 of the movie takes place in one room. Channing Tatums part was funny and Cucktinos narration was interesting, it felt fresh for him
>>
File: waltondrag.jpg (103KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
waltondrag.jpg
103KB, 500x333px
>>64542895
>Walton Goggins forgot he was in a western and acted his role from Sons of Anarchy

wat
>>
>>64539360
Id put it top 4 of my favorite tarantino films

1. Pulp Fiction
2. Reservoir Dogs
3. Django
4. Hateful 8
5. Bastards
6. KB 1& 2
7. Death proof
8. Jackie Brown
>>
It was not Tarantinos best
It was not Tarantinos best western
It was not the best film this year
It was not the best western this year
It was not the best western this year in which many shots contained snow
It was not even the best western with Kurt Russel this year
Totally underwhelming trash
>>
>>64539360
Pretty shitty. Boring, too long, too much talking, no action.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.