[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-good- ideas-that-got-ruined-by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 194
Thread images: 34

File: 1450829230026.jpg (75KB, 987x786px) Image search: [Google]
1450829230026.jpg
75KB, 987x786px
http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-good-ideas-that-got-ruined-by-idiots_p2/

>As I'm writing this article, there's big online complaints about the new Star Wars hero, Rey, being a Mary Sue because she learns the Force really quickly and knows how to fix the Millennium Falcon. But without even getting into the plot of the movies -- jeez guys, this is Star Wars. Doesn't anybody else remember how Luke Skywalker became the best pilot in the galaxy and blew up a Death Star the very first time he flew an X-Wing? I'm also worried that people have forgotten the scene where Rey goes running into the woods to cry because a lightsaber gives her some brief, mild visuals.

Guise she panicked because she hallucinated she's not a Mary Sue.
>>
>reading the most shitty liberal clickbait rag on the internet
>unironically posting the garbage here
>>
>Reading Cracked
There's your problem
>>
Hohoho
>cracked
You're an absolute madman, OP
>>
>>64525431

>Doesn't anybody else remember how Luke Skywalker became the best pilot in the galaxy and blew up a Death Star the very first time he flew an X-Wing?

No, because that's not what happened.
>>
File: 1449722896176.png (807KB, 800x556px) Image search: [Google]
1449722896176.png
807KB, 800x556px
>Luke is a Mary Sue
>>
File: no.jpg (14KB, 324x384px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
14KB, 324x384px
>cracked
>>
http://www.cracked.com/blog/10-good-movies-you-should-watch-with-your-girlfriends-kids/
>>
>>64527156
I wanted to believe.
>>
SJW genocide with no one in the wreckage when?
>>
>>64525431
See, on one hand, Luke picked up precognition and instinct pretty quick. But on the other, shit like telekinesis and actually using his lightsaber in a fight (which he lost) took longer to develop. Rey picked up both of those, plus the mind trick, way too easily. At this point it makes her out to be more of a prodigy than Darth Vader, and it really needs to either be toned down in the next movie or else explained as something she already knew but had blocked out.
>>
>>64525431
>Doesn't anybody else remember how Luke Skywalker became the best pilot in the galaxy

Doesn't anybody else remember that the people who write these articles haven't actually watched Star Wars?
>>
>>64525431
>cracked
>>
Damn the comments are brutal.
>Watching a New Cracked editor try to crackedsplain clickbait is like watching a Wal-Mart executive giving his opinion on minimum wages
and that shit has more than 100 upvotes or likes or upcracks
>>
Remember how Luke knew more about the millenium falcon than Han? Remember how Luke beat Darth Vader in the first fucking movie?
>>
Really though, I liked TFA and have to admit Rey is a Mary Sue and Luke isn't. Any good quality Luke had in ANH was explain in some logical capacity or another. The only thing that relied on the force to explain his success was the final shot on the Death Star, and that was the whole point of the film as far as his character arc goes.

These clickbaiters will keep pulling poor arguments just because >muh strong feminist role model.
>>
>>64525431
i love the arguments against Rey being a mary sue

>b-but luke was powerful
>b-but its star wars its a fantasy
>b-but she cried that one time!
>>
>>64527610

She was already a novice fighter before getting the saber.

All of /tv/ forgets the scene with the thugs trying to steal BB-8 on Jakku where she fights them off with the Pole she carries around (the BBC analog). Its not far-fetched for a force sensitive being to pick up a saber and have a general idea of how to fight with it if you've been fighting all your life.
>>
>>64527714
They overreached and the normal people that were on the fence are now saying "oh fuck off already"

It's why future Emperor Trump is doing so well.
>>
>>64527902
Can we maybe stop somewhere in the middle instead of going to the far right extreme now?
>>
File: Cцcked.jpg (584KB, 1280x1542px) Image search: [Google]
Cцcked.jpg
584KB, 1280x1542px
>actually reading Cracked in THE CURRENT YEAR
Top kek.

The image on the right isn't edited or a collage made over time, either. It's a straight up screencap.
>>
File: serveimage.gif (1MB, 680x849px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.gif
1MB, 680x849px
>>64527926
No.
>>
Luke Skywalker
>Fights Sand People
>OBI WAN HELP ME

>Fights stormtroopers
>HAN SOLO HELP ME

>Is confronted by moving walls
>R2 HELP ME

>Sees Obi Wan go up against Darth Vader
>NOOOOOOO

Literally the only time things go right for him is when Obi Wan reminds him to use the force and at that point it's the eleventh hour where the stakes are huge.
>>
I can understand her fixing the Millenium Falcon and kinda knowing what she's doing but it would have been more believable if she didn't use the correct terms instead describing the parts as "this thingy" or something like that
>>
>>64527947
It's a good image to show the cesspool that the site became, but it's outdated already, isn't it? It was screenshotted like 2 years ago. It must have gotten worse.
>>
>>64527898
That's somewhat of a good point, I'll concede it. The telekinesis and mind trick seemed overly convenient though.

Actually a lot of things in the movie were pretty convenient.
>>
>it's cracked
>it's a blog post on cracked

I would sooner regard a twitter feed as more credible

into the bin it goes
>>
>>64527898

A saber and a long staff are inherently two very different weapons

she isn't going to know how to fence because she's stricken guys with a long stick her whole life
>>
File: 1449798896396.jpg (16KB, 488x305px) Image search: [Google]
1449798896396.jpg
16KB, 488x305px
>Cracked
>>
>>64527610
gaining power too quickly leads to joining the dark side

just ask anakin
>>
>>64526346
Yes it is
Get mad at cracked as you rightfully should, but that's what fucking happened.
>>
>>64527574
Never. Get laid and stop caring.
>>
>>64528252

He was never the best pilot. He was a good target shooter with his ship and would have been taken out by Vader (the actual best pilot in the galaxy) had he not had Han to help his ass out.

The common denominator between these blog posts has been a fundamental lack of understanding or omission of critical details in order to further their argument, which is dishonest and indicative of loss.
>>
>>64525431
>cracked
>writes entire parody script making fun of 'Dark Knight Rises' and 'Age of Ultron'
>defends this hunk of shit

And I also fucking hated Ultron, but that was a better film than this.

Holy hell am I actually defending a Marvel movie?
Jesus Christ JJ...
>>
>>64527156
>http://www.cracked.com/blog/10-good-movies-you-should-watch-with-your-girlfriends-kids/
http://www.cracked.com/blog/10-good-movies-you-should-watch-with-your-girlfriends-sons-girlfriends-bull/
>>
File: 1449619822171.jpg (39KB, 825x628px) Image search: [Google]
1449619822171.jpg
39KB, 825x628px
>>64528298
>>
>>64525431

Luke used to fly his T-16 through Beggar's Canyon all the time.
>>
>>64528252
It's never said he's now the best pilot in the galaxy and saying "very first time he flew an x-wing" is worded in a way to lead you to think it was his first time ever flying in his life. It's mentioned by Obi-Wan and Luke himself that he's become a pretty good pilot so he can handle himself.

>Biggs, Wedge, we're going on the run full speed
>Biggs gets nervous about flying that quickly through a close trench
>"C'mon it'll be just like Beggars Canyon back home"

The dialogue establishes Luke already has these skills through experience.
>>
>>64528344
That shit can not be fucking real.
>>
File: Age-of-Ultron.jpg (111KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
Age-of-Ultron.jpg
111KB, 970x545px
>>64528341
>And I also fucking hated Ultron, but that was a better film than this.

Clearly you've never made an omelette.
>>
Rey is in line with Star Wars canon. Qui-Gonn says outright that Anakin can see slightly into the future, and he's a young child at the time. He's the only human who can pod race. He hops into a ship and destroys a control center ship in fucking space. Rey does nothing out of the ordinary as far as the Star Wars universe is concerned, and the only way to argue otherwise is to make up fake rules like "y-y-ou can't do that without training!"

4chan neckbeards are now repeating "Mary Sue" because that's what happens whenever a new buzzword comes along which allows them to anonymously dismiss things that trigger them without actually making an argument. Fedora, meme, and reddit are other good examples. They fall in love instantly with any short word or phrase they can spam in response to criticisms of their intense delusions because that gives them perceived power, which they lack entirely in all other contexts.
>>
>>64525431
>Luke Skywalker became the best pilot in the galaxy and blew up a Death Star the very first time he flew an X-Wing?
I'm sick and tired of retards bringing this up. First of all, being good at one thing doesn't make a character a Mary Sue. People are calling Rey a Mary Sue because she was good at EVERYTHING she did. Second of all, in A New Hope it's established that Luke was able to do the trench run because he had spent years practicing his piloting skills in a canyon.
>>
>>64528418
youre face is an omelette, fucker.
>>
>>64528408
cracked needs to change its name to cucked. they drank the cuck koolaid until it was coming out of their ears
>>
>>64527714
thank god the comments are starting to fight back. how long have they been going this way?

I used to read every single cracked article, then i quit reading completely full-stop in fall 2014 when they put up that ZQ shit. havent clicked on it since.
>>
>>64528219
This was one part of the movie that kind of got me. Rey was obviously pretty fucking pissed when she started whaling on Kylo. I didn't really buy she was tapping into the Force the same way a Jedi would. If the next movie explains her victory through that lens it would make a lot of people happy.
>>
File: 1450358127482.jpg (17KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
1450358127482.jpg
17KB, 500x370px
>>64528298
Damn good.
>>
>>64528298
I'm not memeing trolling baiting or pastaing when I say this post is the most reddit as fuck post today
>>
>>64527947

Holy shit.
>>
File: 1452028855972.jpg (8KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
1452028855972.jpg
8KB, 342x342px
>>64528418
>>
>>64528549
...right.
>>
File: 1445492777794.jpg (58KB, 628x533px) Image search: [Google]
1445492777794.jpg
58KB, 628x533px
>>64528464
I agree.

But it's still fun.

And there's nothing else to do here.
>>
>>64528464

With all of the other female power characters that have come and gone, I've never heard the term Mary Sue. It's only arisen because we have a character here who was clearly someone's agenda and in their furor to create a "strong" female portrayal they went too far and created a perfect one, too perfect and at odds with the nature of Star Wars itself.

It's not just that they show her learning the Force on a whim like it's a cakewalk, they show her display a wealth of other skills as well, and mostly self-taught or learned in seconds. They put those scenes in there deliberately, and yet they don't seem to serve much of a purpose from a story's sense, so it comes off as a 12 year old writing herself into the Star Wars universe as a needlessly immaculate, multi-skilled character who essentially needs almost no help as she can do everything herself. It's pretty blatant.

I don't even see how this is a good role model for kids, either. "Just get by on your talent" and "if you're a smart kid you don't really have to work for it" aren't good messages and are a large reason why this generation is full of egotistic, but ultimately lazy cucks.
>>
>>64528530
i dont think disney has the balls to turn their new princess into a villain though

itd be interesting as fuck, and more of a "win" for feminists than having a pretty mary sue
>>
File: 1433762959068.jpg (55KB, 640x625px) Image search: [Google]
1433762959068.jpg
55KB, 640x625px
>>64528298
>/tv/ are contrarian pleb for the sake of being contrarian pleb

DROPPED
>>
>>64528464
>who CAN pod race
>has never finished a race before the events of TPM

>accidentally turns on the AUTOPILOT
>R2 has to turn it off
>accidentally gets into the donut ship
>R2 gets the ship fixed so they can escape

Watch the movies you're talking about before you start posting :^)
>>
>>64527947

No joke, Journalism as a major and concentration is starting to get "SJW'd" much like sociology and some other humanities were in academia. The quality is going to suffer tremendously, luckily enough the internet is a free medium and they won't be able to flex their thought control as effectively as if all papers and news stations were all we had left.
>>
>>64528403

But he really doesn't have any experience. Flying in space and flying in atmosphere are entirely different things even if you make no assumptions about the Star Wars universe other than that things like air resistance exist. He's also being shot at from 360 degrees. So it's his first time flying that ship, his first time flying in space, and his first time being shot at in space. It's his first time using the military communication system, his first time using tactics... the list goes on. His calm, collected demeanor and efficiency in this situation and his willingness to turn off the targeting computer and use le force in a situation where failure means the destruction of the rebellion and an entire planet is totally ridiculous if you apply the same standards to him as you apply to Rey. He went from farming water to doing this in the span of a week.
>>
>>64528464
Can we have a tumblr spring cleaning now?

Look at this shit! Look at this fucking post!
Can you honestly tell me this couldn't have been directly copy pasted from a tumblr post?
>>
>>64528252
>Needs Biggs' help
>Needs Wedge's help
>Needs Han's help
>He still gets hit

Now lets see when Rey needed hel...oh, wait, never, she even escapes from being captured all by herself, she never eve needs help.

Also, it's stated that Luke piloted a t-16, aka civilan x-wing, for years back in tatooine, how many times did Rey piloted the millenium falcon? never, she even says so in themovie, yet she outclasses any tie fighter pilot and even runs inside a star destroyer wreck and comes out intact, somethign not even Lando could do

How many times did she used a blaser? never, again, stated in the movie, yet she 360º noscope headshots 6 stormtroopers. At least Luke missed some shots in EIV.

And don't even get me started on the Force mindraping out of the blue.

>Inb4 you'll see the explanation in the next movies
That's not how movies work, that's lazy writing
>>
>>64525431
I'm not a real Star Wars so I don't know that the ship Luke has is made by the same company that makes the X-wing, the post.
>>
>>64528685
Sup reddit.

Trying hard to fit in I see.
>>
>>64528685

>I'm too unintelligent to realize that equating coldly rational thinking with using tumblr undermines my delusional neckbeard sensibilities even further

What about that post is in any way reminiscent of tumblr? All you did was prove me right by exemplifying how much you love meaningless buzzwords which allow you to dismiss things that trigger you with a wave of your pudgy girl hands. You're an effeminate, mentally retarded whiny baby who is so unevolved, so subhuman that your natural response to facts which trigger you is to scream out the name of a website like a tantruming baby. To say that you deserve a slow, painful death is an understatement.
>>
>>64528754
>360° noscope
Hey FaZe.
>>
>>64528676

>arguing Physics

please just don't, TFA had a fucking sun-sucking Megacannon planet, Star Wars has always taken liberties with physical explanations, it is a sci fi

Also, Obi Wan gave him explicit foundational training and a channel to the force

it isn't 1:1 at all and that's ignoring that Luke was really only good at piloting and shooting in ANH and basically nothing else
>>
>>64528785
EVERYTHING
The analyzing online culture to fit your conclusion.
>this meme proofs everyone on 4chan is sexist

Seriously that might as well have been a fucking buzzfeeed article.
You write like you write fucking knowyourmeme articles you fucking meme professor.

I hope you wake up someday and see yourself how you really are and then kill yourself.
>>
>>64528785

>he just called his own post coldly rational thinking

Now that is a fedora line if I've heard one
>>
What's bad about being a Mary Sue?
>>
>>64528785
>trigger
>trigger
>trigger

You sure aren't screaming words to dismiss his post.
>>
>>64528884
That's like saying you like DC characters.
>>
>>64528831
This, he literally only shot and run straight the trench, nothing else.
>>
>>64528785
>coldly rational thinking
my ass
my ASS
>>
File: Mary Sue Skywalker.jpg (148KB, 1595x1053px) Image search: [Google]
Mary Sue Skywalker.jpg
148KB, 1595x1053px
>>64525431

She's not a Mary Sue only because she never fails, succeeds at the first try, does hard things look incredibly easy and defeat the enemy with a newly discovered inner strength.

By the end of the movie she also possesses Luke's Lightsaber, inherits the Millenium Falcon from her surrogate dad Han Solo, has Chewbacca as her co-pilot and has R2D2 as her companion droid.
>>
>>64528884
boring character
>>
>>64528464
>>64528785
I am so fucking done with /tv/

Fuck this place.
If this was bait well done because I am genuinely mad.
>>
File: 1451864177814.gif (3MB, 330x274px) Image search: [Google]
1451864177814.gif
3MB, 330x274px
>>64528785
>coldly rational thinking
>>
>>64528884
Poor writing, stablish some background, give us information that reflects the character has story not asspulls.

For example, it's know that her speeder was built by her in outside sources, fuckign say it in the movie!, this way it gives us the information that she is a mechanic, tell us that she has been piloting the quadjumper doing chores for whatevername, this gives us information about her being a pilot, et fucking c. If she suddenly starts doing shit flawlesly is fucking bad writing.

Also make her accomplish everything flawlessly doesn't help either.
>>
Everyone's mad she checked all the force boxes in the first movie, but now all that shit is out of the way we don't have to spend the whole trilogy crawling through what we've already seen.

They can come up with new force abilities (Luke digs them up from the temple) and audiences of this generation can have their own discoveries with the force.
>>
File: Totally not a mary sue.png (83KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
Totally not a mary sue.png
83KB, 600x849px
>>
>>64528676
Yeah, there are big differences, and we can handwave that a bit for the sake of the movie. New Hope says, "Shit, Luke needs to be a pilot? Throw in some lines about how he piloted through trenches back home, and shot small targets with a military-style craft. Good enough."

However, The Force Awakens has Rey in a century old ship that they explicitly and repeatedly say takes two people to fly and has been grounded for years, and they also explicitly say that she's not a pilot. With this in mind, watching her pull off incredible feats and outfox two trained military pilots in state-of-the-art aircraft.

There's suspension of disbelief, and there's the movie telling you why you shouldn't suspend disbelief in explicit language, then saying you should go ahead and do it anyways.
>>
>>64528911
DC characters are good.
>>
>>64529046
this. all they had to do was have the PORTION guy say shes not getting full portion after she damaged his quad jumper last time she took it out

then have bb8 say to her that hes never seen a speeder like that and have her say, oh well i built it from spare parts
>>
>>64528505
For a long fucking time, they've been pointing out the flaws in Cracked articles (both when they get basic facts wrong, and when they jump to conclusions/get bias-blinded).

It's why David Wong and the other editors have said they hate the comments and would shut them down if they could but Daddycorp won't let them, and why every time they go outside of the heavily moderated forums (like Wong's attempt at an AMA) they're torn apart.
>>
>>64529169
But muh misterious, cool and loner main character with amnesia...
>>
File: Do Better.jpg (54KB, 500x339px) Image search: [Google]
Do Better.jpg
54KB, 500x339px
>>64527947
>blatant lying in the spoiler
>>
>>64527947
Then why did you white out the dates?
>>
Who the fuck cares about he semantics. She's an overpowered, multi-talented, need-no-man character who gets captured only to showcase that she can get herself out and seeks out Luke to get a powerup.
>>
>>64529247
Sounds like your describing a Sonic fan character instead of a main character in a big budget Hollywood movie
>>
>>64528934
I REALLY hope she turns to the dark side, it would be the perfect way to balance and justify how much the movie propped her up on a pedestal.
>>
I don't understand the need to have a character struggle. The MC good guy always win in the end in these kind of movies. Most people don't go "on, well the character struggled here so that means their a good character or that means the movie is good."
>>
>>64529365
This.
She is badly written.
Who gives a shit about which tv tropes article applies to her?
>>
>>64528505
>tfw you will never lay awake reading cracked on your phone before falling asleep again
I used to do this every night, wtf happened? it was not THAT funny, but it was comfy
>>
>>64529365
>a powerup
Like when she had her five-minute meditation session mid lightsaber fight?
>>
>tfw the novel is better writen than the movie
>>
>>64525431
I remember when Luke tried to fight the bad guy and got his ass stomped.
>>
>>64528754
>t-16
It isn't anything like an X-wing.
>>
>>64529416
The plasties are still good.
They also still have all their craptions competitions archived and those are funny as fuck.
>>
>>64529381
>I have never heard a satisfying story in my life
>>
>>64529457
don't blame me, blame Lucas, according to his vision both T-16 and T-60 (x-wing) use the same avionics, controls, whatever, making the T-16 pretty much the civilian version of the x-wing.
>>
File: ScreenHunter_01 Jan. 05 20.31.jpg (131KB, 1110x616px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenHunter_01 Jan. 05 20.31.jpg
131KB, 1110x616px
>>64527947
No, thats a collage made over time. Cracked dates all their articles. Since you're such an honest individual I'm sure you'll erase that image and never spam it again...

Heres an actual screencap.
>>
File: hero.png (193KB, 2000x2010px) Image search: [Google]
hero.png
193KB, 2000x2010px
>>64529381
>I don't understand the need to have a character struggle
>>
>>64529452
Three times.
>>
>>64529381
Because the point of the movie is to see the good guy overcome adversity and get a happy ending. Luke and co spend three movies getting their shit kicked in, losing friends and loved ones, and almost always only escaping by skin of their teeth. Them getting their good end at the end of the movies is so much more satisfying to the audience because they struggled to get their happy ending and didnt God Mode their way to victory
>>
>>64529381
Star wars is literally inspired by a kids cartoon show and is made for kids. Who cares if the hero is op?
>>
>>64529457
According to the EU it was pretty much the same when it came to controls.

They were going to have Luke fly around in the T-16 instead of the speeder to go find the droids, but they couldn't get the model done in time so they just had him play with the toy-sized mock-up.
>>
Did Cracked just call us idiots?
>>
>>64529615
Somehow I don't feel insulted.
>>
>>64529381
They don't. But for adults, it's groan-inducing even without having to deeply analyze it. That's why kids love John Cena while manchildren hate him.
>>
>>64529615
pot calling kettle black
>>
File: Screenshot (42).png (513KB, 1349x759px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (42).png
513KB, 1349x759px
>>64529535
>cutting the screencap to avoid "6 Absurd Ways Modern Medicine Fails Because of Sexism"

Bravo. I know that the other thing was a collage and I'm still mad at your disingenuity.
>>
File: jesus.jpg (43KB, 502x512px) Image search: [Google]
jesus.jpg
43KB, 502x512px
At least do the overpowered protagonist thing right, Disney.
>>
>>64529381
Life is tough. I wanna see my heroes go through some shit.
>>
>>64529892
At least he has some faults because hes an emotionless sexless autist who wont have sex even when its thrown right in his face
>>
>>64529961
>being pure is a fault now

hey tumblr
>>
>>64529892
His girl literally limits his power by existing. SJWs would never let you live it down
>>
>>64529996
>Defending being a kissless virgin

Not even 4chan stoops to that level, usually
>>
>>64529535
Does the cheese man still write for cracked? I remember enjoying some of his articles back in the day
>>
>>64528785
/tv/ BTFO
>>
>>64529734
thats the top article, I'm not taking up half a screenshot with a banner ad.

I'm sure they appreciate your clicks
>>
>>64530067
John Cheese doesn't write at all, really; maybe once every 8 months. He's mostly editing now
>>
>>64530067
yes, he still writes about overcoming his shitty life and addictions and practical advice about how to overcome them. He doesn't contribute that much anymore.
>>
>>64527714
>I once spent a whole day walking around with a huge rip in my trousers exposing most of my left arsecheek to the world as I passed by, I didn't realise this till I got home after two bus rides, an hour on the tube and two hours on a train. The point is that even though i traversed half of Blighty, smiling and waving at passers by while simultaneously exposing an unsuspecting populous to my flabby white anus I still showed more self awareness than this article.
>>
>>64525431
>Luke Skywalker became the best pilot in the galaxy and blew up a Death Star the very first time he flew an X-Wing? I'm also worried that people have forgotten the scene where Rey goes running into the woods to cry because a lightsaber gives her some brief, mild visuals.

you mean the part where obi wans ghost helped him land the shot
>>
>>64526346
Luke was already a skilled pilot, thanks to bagging womprats in his T-16 back home.

I don't really mind Rey being OP in the force, but I am expecting an explanation as of to why she even knew what a Jedi Mind trick even was in the first place....

Unless during her mental trip after touching the saber, Obi-Wan and others implanted a ton of teachings in her head without her consent.

I am awaiting the next feminist rag to claim it was rape. Surprised they haven't already.
>>
>>64530082
Bullshit. It's not the top article, as the cap proves; the big banner one is the one this thread is about. Also, the promoted article says a lot about what they value and want to sell. You literally would have to scroll down, past the medicine one in the small list, to get the picture you took.

>2016
>not using adblock
>>
>>64527898
she's been scavenging parts her whole life not fighting
>>
>>64530145
>claim it was rape
We need to immediately begin spreading this.
#forcerape
#forcesrpeading

They'll eat that shit up.
>>
>>64528676
>big difference between atmosphere and space

Not really. If you're gonna make that point you should elaborate how they are so fundamentally different that skill in one won't translate to the other.
>>
MRey Sue was forced raped and now has Stockholm syndrome
>>
>>64528597
>I don't even see how this is a good role model for kids, either. "Just get by on your talent" and "if you're a smart kid you don't really have to work for it" aren't good messages and are a large reason why this generation is full of egotistic, but ultimately lazy cucks.
That's what the current market want. People are too lazy to try even in their fantasies. Compared classic captain Kirk (becoming captain by following the protocole) with modern captain Kirk (HUUUUURRRR YOU'RE THE CHOZEN 1!!!! DESTINY!!!!!)
>>
>>64529996
Tell me you wouldnt have sex with half the girls in that show even if they're his sister or throw themselves at him while drunk in their underwear
>>
>>64530319
>tfw no Mayumi
>>
>unironically reading cracked beyond 2011

what is wrong with you
>>
File: rotj.jpg (395KB, 2400x1200px) Image search: [Google]
rotj.jpg
395KB, 2400x1200px
>>64529558
Luke and co's good ending was retconned by TFA though. They all had miserable lives after ROTJ and failed on everything
>>
>>64525431
when did cracked become a feminist sjw site? Didn't it used to be a parody/comedy site? I have never really went there but all the links i see posted on here is sjw whining
>>
>>64530446
I don't cp,soder TFA canon
>>
>>64530446
That's now how you look at your sister, Luke!
>>
>>64530494
How the fuck did you misspell consider that badly?
>>
>>64530446
But hey, at least they fought those 3 movies to get the New Republic, a shining beacon of democracy, that they immediately abandoned entirely to go play guerrillas again. Even fucking Ackbar left, so that all the no names could die on their no-name planet and nothing would matter.
>>
>>64530463
the editor is a huge hypocritical manchild who pretends to be asian

he baits people to debate his points and then just blocks them right after, thinking he won the argument
>>
File: everyday problems.webm (165KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
everyday problems.webm
165KB, 400x400px
>>64530538
>o to the left of p
>n to the left of ,
>i to the left of o
>quickly type it and realise as I was submitting

;_;
>>
>>64530559
I had such a great screencap of Wong arguing with people about something but I can't remember what it was

It was definitely embarrassing to read though
>>
File: 1451934129814.jpg (383KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
1451934129814.jpg
383KB, 1000x700px
I don't see anybody asking this question, so:
>is there inherently anything wrong with being a mary sue?
Isn't the point of a deus ex machina, a macguffin, or a mary sue to be a tool that can be used in a plot? aka a plot device, which is a tool.

just my two cents
>>
>>64530689
Where exactly does our hero grow from here? What more could she possibly do after rekting everyone in her wake?

If you have no challenge, you have no story
>>
>>64530678
Was it on Cracked, or was it reddit? He did an AMA, immediately got asked, "Why is Cracked so political and SJW these days?" and went crying to his fans on Twitter asking him to spam the AMA to save him. Got himself shadowbanned for it.
>>
>>64530689
As someone who used to read a lot of fanfiction, I can answer that question.

A Mary Sue is inherently boring as shit to anyone who hasn't mentally developed past the age of thirteen. Something most fanfiction writers are unable to attain.
>>
File: 1423416020581.jpg (21KB, 406x441px) Image search: [Google]
1423416020581.jpg
21KB, 406x441px
>>64530810
I would love to hear more about this. The guy sounds like a goldmine.
>>
File: 1451276726360.jpg (92KB, 768x783px) Image search: [Google]
1451276726360.jpg
92KB, 768x783px
>>64529375

>Episode 8
>Opens with Rey trying to hand the saber to Luke
>Luke won't take it, "You're going to need that."
>Explains that Rey is Kylo's twin, with Kylo being born as a prodigy of the light, and Rey born as a prodigy of the dark.
>He whips out his green saber and ignites it
>"You were never supposed to come back, I didn't want to kill you, but you may give me no choice."
>Shocked, Rey accepts the emotions of hate and betrayal in her heart before attacking Luke.
>Saber battle ensues, which escalates until Luke steals the falcon and escapes with Chewie and R2, trapping Rey on the secret planet.
>The movie is about Luke trying to redeem Kylo so they can stop Rey, while Snoke discovers Rey's location and goes to train her.

It will never happen but you know it would be amazing.
>>
>>64531146
David Wong is one of the saddest tales I've seen. Before I decided to stop reading cracked around 2011 because I really wasn't learning anything new, he was one of my favorite writers. I even bought John Dies at the End because of that. Seeing him act like a childish moron who censors dissent is just heartbreaking to me.
>>
File: 1451934798046.jpg (240KB, 1800x1339px) Image search: [Google]
1451934798046.jpg
240KB, 1800x1339px
>>64530801
>>64530832
and I agree. This is kind've why I do think she needs to become evil...

Also, massive Star Wars fan, I thoroughly enjoyed TFA, but it's a space fantasy with melodrama and epic action scenes,characters named wacky or odd names, laser swords and a mystical power to be used by good and evil space wizards... I really don't think it's above having a character that knows how to do a lot of things really well, especially with a plot that involves the mystical power rising within the individual.

But yes, I do agree, they need to show that Luke has much to teach her in this next film, I do think she barely made it out of this film without being too OP. It's a JJ Abrams film, his biggest issue is he doesn't let characters and moments simmer a little bit.
>>
File: 1451934559437.jpg (399KB, 1343x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1451934559437.jpg
399KB, 1343x2000px
>>64531301
Jesus I love this...
>>
>>64531301
>telling her instead of just taking the saber and executing her

My suspension of disbelief doesn't go that far sadly
>>
>>64531310
I remember the article he wrote about Christians vs Atheists, and how neither side represented the end of the world as we knew it and they were being needlessly combative with each other. It seemed pretty well thought out at the time, so hearing about his decline saddens me. I wonder what happened.
>>
File: 1451069269569.png (769KB, 794x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1451069269569.png
769KB, 794x1024px
At the bottom of the whole mary sue debate is this fact, Female characters aren't convincing in either power fantasy roles (see: rey) or the hero's journey roles. For a science fiction adventure epic like star wars the protagonist should have been male.
>>
>>64525431
>reading from any blog or site on the internet that gives Tranny Wu space to write its shit
no, just no
>>
>>64531551
A female can fill the role well, its just that people seem terrified of writing a convincing female hero these days.

The secret is to write a decent guy hero, the flip the sex. It's not hard.
>>
>>64531504

Social justice is a drug that works best on insecure people
>>
File: index.jpg (9KB, 255x197px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
9KB, 255x197px
>>64531551

A few changes to the story, and she would have been fine. The writters went out of their way to prove she was the heroine. Make the Falcon chase sloppier, she should escape without force powers, and the duel with Kylo should be a tie. They're just minor changes with little effect on the plot.
>>
Most of the complaints about Rey relate to her gender. That's pretty much indisputable. She's a boring character, but the notion that she's too powerful when an 8 year old Anakin was blowing up enemy structures single-handedly is absurd.
>>
>>64531594
Women in real life don't act like guys, and whatever minority of them that pretend to be they're not that commonplace to make a convincing and relatable character out of their sample for all of us enjoy.

However all men live in a dominance hierarchy that they all deal with in different and interesting ways. Just like LOTR simply cannot work with a female main or even a entire female cast or even an equivalent but gender flipped cast the same goes for star wars.
>>
>>64531301
>muh TWEEST
fuck off back to KOTOR
>>
>>64531961
>>64531551
As a quick example, I thought Ryuko was a good MC, regardless of your opinion on the show itself
>>
>>64531851
Yeah let's imitate the Prequels, that's a great idea!
>>
>>64532035
But that's a absurd anime, not only is ridiculousness a stable for most animes but that guy's work is specifically devoid of meaning, its just colors, shouting and explosions and thin veil of character and story to glue it all together. The MC could have been a baby panda while we're at it and it would have still been beyond reasonable criticism
>>
>>64531736
>Make the Falcon chase sloppier
It was so sloppy already that she was crashing into dunes almost the whole way. I'm amazed the Falcon didn't ever break in half.
>>
>>64528676
but fighting with a lightsaber is just like fighting with a staff, right?

fuck off
>>
>>64532415
How about the fact that they survived the pure G's exerted on their bodies?
>>
>>64532035
But Ryuko proves my point. You could have made her a guy and the show wouldn't have been very different (aside from the fanservice). She was a good character regardless of sex.
>>
>>64532453
Because it's fucking Star Wars, where we see people in starfighters doing that crazy shit all the time?
>>
>cucked.com
>>
>>64532294
The anime was absurd but Ryuko herself could have anchored anything well, from a blockbuster to a teen romance.

>>64532477
agree
>>
I've been on 4chan frequently in the last 2-3 weeks since I'm home from college on winter break

These threads are literally constantly up and I see the same shit over and over

Quick question: is there anyone that has been actually slamming their head against a wall day after day in these threads or is it new people every time? Whenever I skim through the comments it looks like the same defenses and the same criticisms
>>
>>64532415
she drags it across the dunes at the very beginning and after that shes pulling top gun tricks
>>
>>64527156
>http://www.cracked.com/blog/10-good-movies-you-should-watch-with-your-girlfriends-kids/

My wife's son will love this
>>
>>64532578

It's been happening on /pol/ too, but I'm pretty sure that's mostly just autism. A lot of these SW threads are probably just Disney interns trying to keep hype alive and autistic underage b& that found this place through dank memes
>>
>>64532761
I just love winding you fuckers up and watching you go.
>>
>>64532902

Are there people like this?

I occasionally make a post to make people mad, but only occasionally

Are there actually full time trolls who keep a list of triggering material and consistently push it out?
>>
>>64532902

A lot of people do, and there's a lot of chucklefucks that fall for it every time, which is sad because it gets comfy as fuck during habbenings.
>>
>>64532578
/tv/ has been extraordinarily shitty since november
>>
File: 1448981309729.jpg (118KB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
1448981309729.jpg
118KB, 950x534px
>>64528676
>So it's his first time flying that ship, his first time flying in space, and his first time being shot at in space
>his first time being shot at in space

Nigger do you even watch the movies you argue about? Luke had just finished blasting T-Fighters in their escape from the Death Star. He's already experienced gun battles and a space battle by the time he flies an X-Wing.
>>
>>64531851
>Most of the complaints about Rey relate to her gender. That's pretty much indisputable.

Thank you, with this kind of bait I now know you are just a sad fuck looking for attention. Time to filter.

Besides, Anakin's piloting in TPM was obviously meant to be played up for laughs, while we're supposed to actually take seriously the fan-fiction writing for Rey
>>
>>64528341

I didn't love TFA, but its definitly better than Age of Quiptron.

Fucking Whedon
>>
File: D E N S E.jpg (37KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
D E N S E.jpg
37KB, 1280x720px
>>64528418
>2016
>an omelette
>not making the mother of all omelettes
>>
File: 1380505710084.gif (888KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1380505710084.gif
888KB, 160x160px
>>64531301

>Luke, Chewie & R2 go on a space adventure to stop Darth Plaegus
>>
File: 1406549259279.png (74KB, 231x231px) Image search: [Google]
1406549259279.png
74KB, 231x231px
>Mary Sue defenders are willing to ignore the fact that Luke actually went to school to be a pilot and wanted to go to the acamedy.
>People also forget that Luke regularly flew and of course the womprats,etc.
>>
>>64533436
B-but Star Wars have always been shit without any real merit besides nostalgia. Turn-off your brain! Why do you hate fun?
>>
>>64533436
>but those prequels that everyone says are shit and this movie is better than did the same thing
>>
File: mickey-mouse-vs-jonas.png (177KB, 425x311px) Image search: [Google]
mickey-mouse-vs-jonas.png
177KB, 425x311px
>>64533436
Reminder that TFA has a higher score on RT than the OT
>>
>>64532573
>the anime is absurd but ...
no but, its the setting, tone and plot of the whole work the determine if the MC is acceptable or not. Ryukio is only acceptable in her own little universe, just like a character like naruto is.
>>
>>64533662
Dont you mean the orig trig?
>>
>>64534146
Oridge tridge
>>
>Ctrl+F
>no Seanbaby
Where am I?
>>
>>64533662
>Implying Rotten Tomatoes can be taken seriously.
>>
>>64531594
just switching genders is still implausible though, since she clearly doesnt have the strength for man to man combat and the spacial awareness needed for good piloting is an extremely rare female trait.

much better if she was like the young girl from dark matter, just an autistic technical genius who's good at thinking on her feet without all the other skills. if they had a few good writers it wouldn't be hard to come up with clever ways for her to get out of tight spots.
Thread posts: 194
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.