[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would JC be a good director to make a new Star Trek? I ask this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (105KB, 600x330px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 600x330px
Would JC be a good director to make a new Star Trek? I ask this because he has a passion for exploration and appears to be a guy who can appeal to a wide audience without going full JJ.

Or are you guys happy with just lin
>>
JC is a great director but not a good writer. if he swallowed his pride and got some top class writers in then maybe.
>>
File: 5650042.jpg (76KB, 638x425px) Image search: [Google]
5650042.jpg
76KB, 638x425px
>without going full JJ.

He went JJ and beyond.
>>
>>64517138
I'd love to see him take on another movie that involves the deep ocean.
>>
>>64518002
He really only made Titanic so he could get funding to make an expedition to the wreck site.
>>
>>64518049

> what is Avatar 2
>>
>>64518085
I did not know that. That actually sounds neat.
>>
File: aquaman2poster-608x859.jpg (113KB, 608x859px) Image search: [Google]
aquaman2poster-608x859.jpg
113KB, 608x859px
>>64518049
>ywn see JC's aquaman
>>
>>64518310
That was the only tolerable season of Entourage. Although it was ridiculous that a skinnyfat actor like Vince would ever get cast in a superhero movie.
>>
>>64518083
>"Jim, why do you need an extra 100 million?"
>"We are going on a deep expedition to the wreck?
>"y tho?"
>accuracy fox, trust me"
>>
>>64518454
love or hate his movies, but jc as a person is based as fuck
>>
>>64518527
I heard he was a huge asshole actually
>>
>>64518771
But hes vegan so hes now amazing
>>
>>64518771
Not an asshole exactly. He's just intense and intimidating as fuck. He doesn't tolerate any movie star bullshit from his actors.
http://www.thescifishow.com/2012/11/blog/8-reasons-why-james-cameron-earned-the-name-iron-jim/
>>
>>64518771
Was going to reply with this.

But I think he'd actually be a great fit for ST actually now that I think about it.

His work is maybe too cynical for ST though. But he'd probably be a better fir than Jeremy Lin.
>>
>>64518999
thats good tbqh. sometimes actors think theyre super above everyone and Based Jim brings them down to size
>>
>>64519023
if he would want to go with the orignal star trek style, at least hed have the directorial muscle to make the studios do it.

>probably

no doubt in my mind that there are few people less fit than a fast and furious director to make ST
>>
>>64518999
>Kate Winslet seemed to have a little bit of trouble believing the audacity of the director when she saw the gimble-rigged model of the Titanic (which she would soon be stuck at the top of) tilted vertically in preparation for its final descent. Not exactly thrilled at the prospect of being suspended fifty feet in the air, the actress stormed up to Cameron and said ‘Well where the hell are you going to be while I’m stuck up there?’, to which Cameron responded ‘About fifty feet above you, hanging over the edge of that plank with a camera.’ Kate started getting ready to go up.

BASED
>>
File: basedjim.jpg (171KB, 955x1020px) Image search: [Google]
basedjim.jpg
171KB, 955x1020px
>>64518999

B A S E D
>>
>>64519372
BTFO BY BASED JIM
>>
File: seaquest_01_1280x1024.jpg (285KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
seaquest_01_1280x1024.jpg
285KB, 1280x1024px
>>64517138
>James Cameron will never reboot Seaquest
>>
>>64517936
even he wasn't a great writer he'd literally not have had an opportunity to be a great director.

he just doesn't write stories which are self-consciously attempting to be regarded as "great writing".
>>
>>64519556
Yeah, I remember reading an interview in another thread where he said the success of Star Wars convinced him that the kind of movies he wanted to make were viable in Hollywood. He just loves making epic scale big budget blockbusters.
>>
>>64517138
I'd love for JC to direct Episode VIII desu
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.