[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

game of thrones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 54

File: twow.jpg (36KB, 313x475px) Image search: [Google]
twow.jpg
36KB, 313x475px
Now that TWOW is confirmed to be getting spoiled by the show, are you going to watch season 6, /tv/? Or wait another 5 years before getting to finish the the series?
>>
File: 1449924569839.png (355KB, 911x1032px) Image search: [Google]
1449924569839.png
355KB, 911x1032px
Gurm will never finish the books. We will be stuck with D&D to finish Asoiaf.
>>
File: elio linda.jpg (437KB, 1140x641px) Image search: [Google]
elio linda.jpg
437KB, 1140x641px
>>64517215
nah man
>>
>>64516571
i watch this show because i hate it why would i stop now
>>
>>64516571
I am literally done with ASoIaF. I'll go back and read them when they're all out.

The worst thing is how little self-respect it shows GRRM has. If his statements are to be believed then he hasn't even outlined ADOS so he's basically guaranteeing he won't finish the series. Apparently all the brilliant planning of the first three books just happened by accident or something.
>>
>>64517282
Any word from these two fuckers?
>>
File: image.jpg (122KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122KB, 620x372px
>>64517404

>The worst thing is how little self-respect it shows GRRM has

This. You'd think the fact that HBO adapted your books and you have a finite number of years to publish in time would give you the best incentive to finish. But it's seemed to have the opposite effect.

It should have been listed in the terms or whatever that he finished the last two books before shows end or no money, etc.
>>
>>64517915
Linda is still mad about season 5
>>
>>64518135
What did she say? I never read any reactions. Only what was posted here as Twitter screen caps.
>>
File: 1451765191114.jpg (92KB, 537x416px) Image search: [Google]
1451765191114.jpg
92KB, 537x416px
I'm going to wait for >5 years like an idiot.

>>64517282
what the fuck is wrong with the one on the left?
>>
>>64516571
>wait another 5 years before getting to finish the the series
>implying he will release TWOW in the next 5 years
>>
>>64517404
He never outlined cause he lost the plot. He just wanted to do the Wo5K part of the story and planned it well. He probably hates the rest and figured he could wing it. Big mistake
>>
>TWOW: 2017
>ADOS: 2023 or never
>>
File: image.jpg (114KB, 743x739px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114KB, 743x739px
>>64516571
You better believe I'm watching. This is the season of pic related. It's now or never. Varys is leaving Meereen and he's going to kill Pycelle and uncle Kevan.

My life has been leading up to this.
>>
File: CHyebOXW8AAYjla.jpg (80KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
CHyebOXW8AAYjla.jpg
80KB, 600x800px
>daily reminder that Aimee Richardson is now 18
>>
>>64518374
man I miss /got/ general
>>
The show has such shitty foreshadowing. Since the plot is so cluttered, they never have characters reminisce without it being important. You can easily predict plot stuff because of that

>Brienne takes 5 minutes to talk about how much she hates Stannis
>GEE WHIZ WHAT COULD THIS MEAN??

I hope they fixed that this year
>>
>>64518427
>>
>>64518324
>He never outlined cause he lost the plot

the point of outlining is to not get lost in the details of writing whole chapters with prose and descriptions, and focus on where you want characters storylines to go and what the big climactic scenes of the story need to be. if he doesn't "like" that part of the story, the way to fix that problem would be to plan everything and rewrite the outline until its more interesting, not just forge onward page by page.

the fact that he's got so completely stuck means he was just lucky to basically have that stuff arrive in his head as he went along. he didn't have to specifically labor to structure the story. I literally assumed he was a *less* improvisational writer than it turns out he is because the first three books seems so perfectly assembled and free of mystery box shit just intended to keep the reader turning pages.
>>
Martin really failed. I know he admitted that himself but that's just unprofessional. He could still travel wherever he wanted and finish the book. It's that his style of writing is so incredibly, unnecessarily slow.
>>
File: Varysnjmc8hJ3XI1qmyt49.gif (451KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
Varysnjmc8hJ3XI1qmyt49.gif
451KB, 160x160px
>>64518427
me too anon. It's almost time though...
>>
>>64518502
Outlining is actually really rare among famous writers

You get a better product without it because your imagination runs wild, but you get fucked over later when it comes time to wrap stuff up. No fucking way people like Rowling and King plan shit
>>
>>64517215
This. The show is now and forever will be the definitive canon
>>
>>64518537
>his style of writing is so incredibly, unnecessarily slow.

the first three books were published within 4 years of each other.

it really does seem that he didn't want to plan the rest of the series or didn't know how to.
>>
>>64518627
Generally, they know what the start, end, and big thing in the middle is going to be, and then string christmas lights from thing to thing.
>>
I'm torn. On the one hand I feel absolutely no sympathy for GRRM - he took the money and as a consequence his story will be spoiled for millions by the tv show which actually had the wherewithal to deliver on deadlines.

On the other hand, I'm really sick of GOT. It's like they don't care about the characters anymore. It's all about delivering shocks which fall flat and plot points that don't make sense.

One good battle scene a year shouldn't be enough to keep me coming back... but I probably will just because GRRM is crying about it.
>>
>>64518709

He called his style of writing "gardening". He plants seeds and lets them grow, with a vision of how it should all look once it's done.

Then around ADwD, he had his "Meereenese knot" where he wrote himself into a corner and had to do a bunch of rewrites to get out of it. Im guessing that this keeps happening more and more, the longer it goes on.
>>
>>64518627
people get used to working a certain way and only planning ahead to a certain extent. then they don't want to kill their darlings.

it wouldn't surprise me if the version of his story GRRM has been straining to shit out is less interesting than a lot of the fan theories, but he's going to stick with his version even if he hates it because its his.
>>
I'm not saying ASOIAF was great literature or anything but the minute the TV show aired and attracted all the old Harry Potter fans ruined it.
>>
he doesn't care about his work, he's the anti george lucas, he gave it all up for shekels and just wishes the fans would forget about the books
>>
>>64516571
I haven't decided yet. Part of me is saying yes because if I don't all the major plotlines will be spoiled for me by the ADD retards who don't read the books and only watch the show.
>>
>>64518844
it really depends on what he means when he says rewrites, and how much actual prose he has to write before he realizes the story has become implausible.

the thing is that I KNOW he introduced characters like Arianne because he wanted to do something specific with them, I just wonder how many hundreds of pages he writes and then discards because he runs into trouble and has to go back and completely redo something he could have fixed at the treatment stage.
>>
>>64518904
Honestly, who WOULD care about something they've spent 20 years on, has literally over 100 dangling plot lines, like 20 PoVs and no end in sight? Nobody will be willing to work on this crap after Martin dies of fat
>>
>>64519035
I think he introduced Arianne so that he would have an excuse to write about big brown tits
>>
File: dumas1auteur[1].jpg (12KB, 180x238px) Image search: [Google]
dumas1auteur[1].jpg
12KB, 180x238px
>>64519082
he could get cowriters in. even people to help him with the plot. it's been done before.

frickin' Alexandre Dumas didn't actually plot a lot of the novels he wrote. he got people to do that for him.
>>
>>64518844
>Then around ADwD, he had his "Meereenese knot"

Bullshit. He just went to cons and refused to work on the book for years.
>>
So what's your theories on The Others? I think they might be the men who cut down the forest belonging to TCOTF and as proof of the treaty between the humans the ones who brought destruction to their homelands were turned into the beings known as The Others.
>>
>>64518487
It's actually so fucking bad. Shit is just forgotten that was said in the first 2 seasons too.
>>
>>64519318
>>64518487
hey at least the show will finish at some point
>>
>>64516571
How can an alternate timeline fanfiction spoil the books?
>>
George R R Martin literally is my bitch

I paid for his novels, launched him to stardom, watched the show. Him refusing to tell the ending of the story I've followed is example of lack of respect towards those whom he owes everything
>>
What was the fucking point of introducing so many new characters and plotlines going nowhere. Focus on the shit already there and end the series you stupid fatfuck

Quentyn is literally filler and ADWD literally trash
>>
>>64519799
There's actually a blog post out there somewhere of GRRM bitching about another author not finishing his story.
>>
>>64519293
didnt he get a moderator from his fan forum with no experience whatsoever to edit his last book?
>>
>No Stannis
The show is dead to me
>>
>>64520084
He asks people from WinterIsComing about details concerning his own universe.
>>
File: 1439704690309.jpg (46KB, 480x853px) Image search: [Google]
1439704690309.jpg
46KB, 480x853px
>>64519799

>visits threads about his work constantly
>part of Martin's endless hype machine about work not being done.
>will happily gobble up his work when it comes out in 2022
>'he's MY bitch'

nice mim
>>
File: image.jpg (130KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130KB, 1920x1080px
Yet another reason to watch.
He's alive
>>
>>64516571
I will just abandon the whole series, probably. It was about time. I did the same with Harry Potter with less reasons, and it was a good choice.

I never liked the tv show much (I haven't even watched most of the episodes) and, in hindsight, I probably enjoyed the books out of teenage nostalia. They're both pretty mediocre (although I can understand why the show is popular).
>>
>>64518209
he's the sane one actually
>>
>>64519799
That blog post by Neil Gaiman drove me up a fucking wall. He's a shit writer but his legion fangirls suck his cock. Then he gets super smug about GRRM - fuck you you British nigger
>>
File: 1448636141125.jpg (10KB, 222x225px) Image search: [Google]
1448636141125.jpg
10KB, 222x225px
>>64520228
What are the actual chances of Cleganebowl happening in the show this season?
>>
>>64520499
Pretty fucking high Rory McCann was rumored to be in Belfast
>>
File: 4234.png (104KB, 212x263px) Image search: [Google]
4234.png
104KB, 212x263px
>>64520292
really? That's worrying.
>>
>>64520499
What with D&D ignoring the Hound's finding of peace as the gravedigger, quite high. Fanservice demands it.
>>
File: Capture.png (126KB, 584x830px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
126KB, 584x830px
>>64518377
>>
>>64519293
oh wow this is hilarious. I'm glad I wasn't around to read this shit while I was waiting for the damn book to come out otherwise I would've punched him myself
>>
>>64519168
And that was great t.b.h.
>>
>>64519905
I liked Quentyn because he is a beta. I didn't understand what was the point of introducing him just to kill him in the same book.
>>
>>64520631
she deserves a spanking
>>
>>64521061
DRAGON TAMED

NOT DEAD
>>
>>64521061
Clearly, he needed the whole arc to release the dragons
>>
>>64521131
wot
>>
>>64516571
i think he shot himself in the foot. the hype is considerably smaller now than it was when the series began and when it started getting real big and popular, and we don't even have a set date for the release of the next book, if he's actually alive to finish it. on top of that there's this now.

has he killed his own series?
>>
the last 2 books were shit anyways
>>
He obviously didn't care any more after the HBO deal.

The only ones getting shafted are the publishers who lose a shitload of money because the show will spoil the books (if they ever get out) and the sycophants who still swear by the books.
>>
>>64521236

A Feast For Crows wasn't THAT bad, people were just expecting another ASOS, Dance had some rancid shit material but at least the northern chapters were good.
>>
Why not get Linda to finish the books? She's a great writer, here's a sample from one of her fanfics

>A wrist-thick braid—intricately woven out of a silken wealth of midnight-hued tresses, like a cascade of tangible shadows and twilight—falls down her back to just past the curve of her waist, and even in the most meagre of lights it is tinted by a lustrous sheen of deepest indigo. What often draws the eye, however, are the bold streaks of bright silver at each temple, and tendrils of moonlight glint amidst the wisps of smoke which surround her face, tempering the keen edges of fineboned yet strongly defined features; a slim, refined nose of noble prominence between high, sculpted cheekbones, the steep line of her firmly set jaw and the sharply narrowing, determined chin. Within this distinctive frame, set below loftily arching brows and veiled by lengthy fringes of sooty lashes, are striking eyes of liquid darkness, tinged with a subtle shimmer of purple iridescence.
>>
>>64520156
to be fair the autists on there will likely remember the tiny details better than he does.

they aren't the ones writing the book and not many authors obsessively keep track of the giant universes they create. even tolkien forgot shit he did before.
>>
>>64521371
AFFC and Dance were not as good as the first three but people overreact and call them dogshit

first 3 were 8/10 or better, AFFC was like a 6 and Dance was a 7
>>
>show comes out
>Jon is Targ, Jon is Stark, Azor Ahai reborn
>bookfags cry not muh canon
>book comes out
>Jon is alive, Jon is Stark, Jon is Targ, etc

Big laughs for everyone

yfw it's literally happening and pretty soon
>>
File: laugh4.gif (1MB, 290x189px) Image search: [Google]
laugh4.gif
1MB, 290x189px
>>64521383
>all that adjective-adverb diarrhea
>>
>>64521493
>Implying that the book fans didn't already know that this will happen in books before they watched the show
>>
>>64521606
>implying most of /got/ isn't R+L=J denialists
>>
>>64518377

Myrcellabro? Is that you?
>>
>>64518871
This sentence is off, you are missing a word or something.

"and attracted all the old Harry Potter fans, it was ruined." or whatever.

Fucking annoying lol.
>>
>>64521493

I think Martin will pull a different direction in the book on Jon's parentage, everyone has basically put it together when the books came out, the TV series will go in a more obvious direction and will make retards who have been spouting R+L=J since the show started feel like they are geniuses or something for guessing, kind of like when dumb people watch TBBT and they have to use a laugh track at a 12th grade science joke so they don't feel like morons.
>>
File: ArQNwnk.png (134KB, 941x350px) Image search: [Google]
ArQNwnk.png
134KB, 941x350px
>>64521493
I doubt anyone will find out who real Azor Ahai is. My guess is it will be ambiguous - some characters will fulfil parts of the prophecy. Also like 3 people in Westeros really care about Azor.
>>
>>64516571
Last season was so bad I decided to drop the show. When the books come out (if they come out) I might pick it up again.

If I get spoiled, I'm not getting spoiled by D and D.
>>
>>64520631
Holy fucking shit lol.

Now I'm even more glad they replaced this chick with the ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL Nell Tiger Free!
>>
I wonder just how rancid of a turd will Winds be

I don't even like the cover, good start
>>
>>64520762
Yet here we are, lol.
>>
>>64522156
Can't be worse than season 5.

Fuck if it's just a list of food Martin ate over the past 5 years it'll be better than season 5.
>>
File: JEYaxRt.gif (211KB, 350x450px) Image search: [Google]
JEYaxRt.gif
211KB, 350x450px
>mfw Dabid and Dan ruin my favourite character
>mfw D&D ruin my favourite storyline
>mfw D&D kill off my favourite character even though they are alive in the books
>mfw they cut Victarion
>>
>>64522156

All I care about at this point is seeing The Land of Always Winter, finding out what happened to Benjen, The Others origin and what The Children of the Forests endgame is.
>>
>>64521987
George wrote himself into a corner, there is really no way to pull a different direction on Jon's parentage, he just left too many clues. However If managed to pull it off in a good way, which is unlikely in my opinion, I would be surprised.
>>
>>64522222
QUINTS

I hate GoT (Tv show) now because of what they did to Stannis.

Fuck D&D, I was done the moment that little girl screamed.
>>
>>64522222
WASTED GET
>>
>>64522222
He's going to die anyway. Nice get, though
>>
reminder that this will never be in the show or it will be 100% butchered if it gets in

>"Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air... I know them all. I have seen their peoples garland them with flowers, and shed the blood of goats and bulls and children in their names. And I have heard the prayers, in half a hundred tongues. Cure my withered leg, make the maiden love me, grant me a healthy son. Save me, succor me, make me wealthy... protect me! Protect me from mine enemies, protect me from the darkness, protect me from the crabs inside my belly, from the horselords, from the slavers, from the sellswords at my door. Protect me from the Silence." He laughed. "Godless? Why, Aeron, I am the godliest man ever to raise sail! You serve one god, Damphair, but I have served ten thousand. From Ib to Asshai, when men see my sails, they pray."
>>
>tfw winter was coming
>tfw "Was it rape?"
>tfw Storytime with Old Nan
>tfw verts and reaction images everywhere
>tfw STANNIS DID NOT BREAK HIS VOWS
>tfw "Hi /tv/, this is Edward Starch"
>tfw you didn't know Dagmer's real identity
>tfw no chain
>tfw it fit
>tfw merlings were everywhere
>tfw CLEGANEBOWL was just one guy and he'd wish you merry CLEGANEBOWLs
>tfw frogfu was just one guy doing a countdown and he never got firsts
>tfw Rickon and Dickon become gay emperors of Essos
>tfw you were haeving problems
>tfw Mummy Dorne
>tfw "Friendly Reminder with Ros"
>tfw /TDQR/
>tfw "ALL HAIL KING JOFFREY THE WHORESLAYER!"
>tfw Talisa was a spy
>tfw Roose finally got loose
>tfw "Promise me, Ned"
>tfw "Was it rape?" Lannister Edition
>tfw Double Daggers

/got/, I dreamed I was old.
>>
>>64522287
>He's going to die anyway.

FUCK OFF
>>
>>64522341
The sooner you accept it, the easier it will be
>>
>>64522294
>mods delete /got/
>"no more generals!"
>15 (minimum) star wars threads now up at any given time

REAP
E
A
P

WHAT
H
A
T

YOU
O
U

SOW
O
W
>>
>>64518377
>>64520631
who gives a fuck about this bitch, Nell Tiger Free is a lot qter
>>
>>64521670
It got pretty much confirmed (or spoiled, depending how you look at it) on twitter by Linda that one time ages ago

I hope to go it isn't true because it's retarded as fuck, but it's a slender hope

>>64521493
>Book coming out
>Soon

2017 at the earliest m8

>>64522156
Battle of Winterfell and Mereen are set to be pretty fucking hype in all honesty, I think it will be good, but I can see it being left with no strong ending and a decade wait until ADoS

M-maybe we will get some D&E
>>
File: 1414284257885.jpg (55KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1414284257885.jpg
55KB, 500x501px
I honestly don't know what I'm going to do. Season 5 was fucking terrible enough to make me drop the show, then Ser Types With One Finger decides to give up. I think I might just watch Black Sails, and read The Acursed Kings series.
>>
Has GRRM contacted Sanderson yet?
>>
>>64520166
>Sumail post
>I have /d2g/ open in another tab

so this is what they call a demographic crossover
>>
>>64522778
sanderson writing asoiaf would be worse than him writing wheel of time i think

sanderson is a good writer but his style is just too juvenile
>>
>>64522703
> Battle of Winterfell and Mereen are set to be pretty fucking hype in all honesty, I think it will be good, but I can see it being left with no strong ending and a decade wait until ADoS
That's what I am worried about too, I'm all fucking hype for the upcoming battles and shitting Dany, but I have the gut feeling the ending will be some sort of cliffhanger that will bug me for 10 years untils ADOS.
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 340x270px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 340x270px
>>64518133
>>64518209

Why does he wear that fucking hat? Was he just like "what can wear that's actually cringier than a fedora?" Or does he actually work as some kind of gay tugboat captain when he's not busy avoiding writing his rape books?
>>
Does anyone else just not care anymore about Daenery's story? The first two books it was pretty interesting but now it doesn't even make me excited
>>
>tfw Ian McShane will never play Victarion Greyjoy
>>
>>64523469
He literally will though
>>
File: 1429744846038.png (208KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1429744846038.png
208KB, 480x480px
>>64523317
>yfw it ends with Davos only just returning with Rickon's corpse
>>
>>64523543
Victarion is cut bruh
>>
>>64523453
Same.

Theres only two books left and she hasn't even left Essos. That leaves MAYBE a book and a half to conquer Westeros, but that isn't enough for her to do...well, anything in Westeros.

So Dany is either left with

A-nothing
B-ruling the dothraki
C-shitting in the grass

No option is good. Her entire arc fizzled to nothing.

Fuck.
>>
>>64523332
He's an old ass man anon. He looks fine.
>>
>>64517282
Elio just made a generic blog post about what GRRM said, Linda has been pretty mad about it because she hates GoT
Its a shame that Elio is so quiet because he's usually the one most worth listening to, Linda just shouts
>>
>>64523672

Only way George can make her story interesting again is if Aegon turns out to be the real deal, otherwise he's just repeating the same pattern since she's taken over the slaving cities.
>>
>>64523760
So...like any given woman?
>>
>>64522479
Not him but kill yourself my man
>>
>>64520631
>Sherlock had suffragettes in KKK hoods

wait what
>>
>>64523868
He needs 3 more books, not 2 in my opinion, but at his pace Jesus will probably come back and finish it for him before that.
>>
>two Arianna chapters previewed
>she does nothing but TRAVEL to meet Aegon

Topkek, Winds will be more Dance tier shit. This guy is either unable or unwilling to move the plot forward.
>>
>>64524211
He's pandering to tumblr. They love Arianne and made him read one of her shit chapters at a Con when the alternative was based Aeron summoning a kraken. Sansa's narrative has also been co-opted by them, look forward to many Hound references and Sansa doing nothing
>>
File: uf-EfM.jpg (67KB, 301x651px) Image search: [Google]
uf-EfM.jpg
67KB, 301x651px
> Ppl are freaking out and pissed about this

I don't understand. I'm only upset because I'll have to wait till the fall/winter to read the book.

Lets say everything went as planed and WoW came out before season 6. What happens next year? Then the year after? Do you think GRRM was going to shit out ADOS in 12 months? Even wit in 3 - 4 years?

It was just delaying the inevitable. If this didn't happen this year it was going to happen next year.

The books are not the show and the show is not the books.Treat them separately.

Also is based Natalia Tena back this season?
>>
File: 1451439484690.jpg (13KB, 150x200px) Image search: [Google]
1451439484690.jpg
13KB, 150x200px
>>64524328
>when the alternative was based Aeron summoning a kraken

I don't believe you. I refuse to believe you.
>>
>>64524328
Tell me you are joking
>>
>>64520631
top lel

what a massive cunt
>>
>>64517915
They said they weren't going to watch Season 6 if TWOW wasn't out by then
>>
This fucker should just make this the final novel in the series and call it a day
>>
>>64524775
holy shit i didn't realize maisie had an ass like that
>>
>>64518377

Christ how do tits get that saggy at such a young age. They aren't fucking mega saggy but I don't know anyone under 50 with that much sag.
>>
>>64522222
checked

at least your favorite character isnt young griff. you know, the AEGON TARGARYEN THAT LANDED IN WESTEROS in the last book, only for D&D to decide that wouldn't be interesting
>>
>>64526166
Only contrarian faggots like Aegon
>>
File: 1445478814972.gif (481KB, 499x315px) Image search: [Google]
1445478814972.gif
481KB, 499x315px
>>64526166
>aegon
>>
>>64526166
Can someone explain to me how the fuck that guys is Aegon, I just remember some contrived explanation about how Varys switched the babies or something
>>
File: just.jpg (98KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
98KB, 960x540px
I want to burn my books. George is a sellout.
>>
>>64522526
Yeah, it's fucking ridiculous when you know that they'll enforce the "only one /got/ thread at a time" rule but do sweet fuck all about the Star Wars threads
>>
>>64526471
They were paid to shill Star Wars. It's the only explanation.
>>
>>64526330
Aerys II was paranoid about the threat to all his children/grandchildren for good reason. So he sends Viserys and Dany to dragonstone along with his wife.

Then the lannisters come to fuck up kings landing, Varys switches out the infant Aegon with a baby from Pisswater Bend, and secretely sends Aegon away to Essos and his friend Illyrio
>>
File: 1390169968131.jpg (14KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
1390169968131.jpg
14KB, 251x201px
>>64522222
>>64522222
>>64522222
>>64522222
>>
most beautiful girl in the seven continents
>>
>>64520166
fuck off egfanshit
>>
>>64518627
>8627
>>>64518324
True with Stephen "Cocaine" King who snorts out a billion books a year, but Rowling outlines extensively. Honestly think she is better at story structuring and plotting than actual writing.
>>
>>64526361

> sellout
> not selling anything

wat?
>>
>>64518377
Got anymore?
>>
>>64528043
She just apes Roald Dahl and Terrance Dicks in her actual prose.
>>
>>64519194
Close, Dumas was already a successful and proven play write before "Le Comte de Monte Christo and les twas Mousquetaires". The guy who thought up those stories knew he was a shit writer and a nobody, but knew he was good at ideas and plot so he had the already somewhat famous Dumas do the writing.
>>
File: notch[4].jpg (38KB, 512x433px) Image search: [Google]
notch[4].jpg
38KB, 512x433px
>>64518133
>>64523332
GRRM is the Notch of literature
>>
Ok heres some theory time

How gruesome will walder freys death be at the end of the series? Will it be old age or will lady stonestark end his line?
>>
>>64519293
Let this sink in...When GRRM started writing ADWD I was in fourth grade, when he published it I had just completed my junior year of highschool.
>>
File: 1451593852490.png (1MB, 800x1243px) Image search: [Google]
1451593852490.png
1MB, 800x1243px
Is the Maisie shitposter still around?
>>
>>64529233
No he stopped posting when got generals were still a thing
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (17KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
17KB, 250x250px
>>64522294
>forgetting lunchables
>>
>>64520499
Cersei may have a trial of seven. Both sides will have a stranger serving them.
>>
>>64529693

question: could a random faceless man kill gregor clegane or some orther champion in 1v1 combat?
>>
Dany and the Wall was a mistake. The series would have been far better if it just focused on the events of the war between the Lannisters and the Starks. Just have all 7 kingdoms get involved and the war of the 5 kings still happens but none of shit at the wall or in Essos or even Aegon. The books just got to big after the third one but even in the first three Jon and Dany always felt so disconnected from everything else.
>>
>>64528226
Poe went to stretch his legs around the corridors of /TV and noticed his friend Raymond "Ray" Plight down the hall. Curious of what he might think of J.K. Rowling's writing he asked Rey.
Rey told him "She just apes Roald Dahl and Terrance Dicks". This left Poe, short for Poestar O'Reginald completely dumbfounded by what he had just been told, he was so shocked in fact that a red hand mark glowed from his forehead. "I think I need to stretch my legs for a bit" Rey muttered to Poe.
>>
>>64527154
Why would Elia be okay with only saving one of her children, especially since she's Dornish and taught sexes are equal?
>>
D&D are finally gonna crack completely without the framework of the novels to fall back on
they'll reach a point where they're making the entire story themselves save for a few notes from martin and it'll crumble
>>
>>64529944
Nobody but Varys and Illyrio knew about switching Aegon. Rhaegar was dead at this point and Aerys declared a new heir before he got murked 2 weeks later
>>
>>64518133

eh who gives a fuck, they're his books. fans of shit always demand content like they're owed something - he didn't force you to buy the books and invest yourself into them to the point of writing up wacky theories and shit, you did that to yourself. I don't give a fuck about gurm but at the end of the day the series is his, he has a greater attachment to it than anyone and if he's fed up with it and can barely stand to write it anymore that's his prerogative.

Wouldn't be surprised if he goes full Harrison Ford mode if he ever finishes the series
>>
>>64530007
They cant lose the plot any harder than GRRM has
>>
>>64521383

PURPLE AS FUCK
>>
>>64528542
I think old age, that will be the ironic thing. But it wont be bad, because it will cause all his children to suffer - their karma for following him.
>>
>>64530194
He lost it all the way back when he first tore up the original draft of Feast of Crows. I don't know how bookfags hate on the show and call it cancer when the books series became a pile of shit. Book fans are delusional. Yes, the first 3 books are good and ASOS is one of the best fanasty books of all time but let's not pretend that the last two weren't subpar and were quite frankly just bad books. In the future ASOIAF will be seen as a series that could have been something truly special but instead became a a bloated carcass that never even finished and inspired a TV series that was seen as groundbreaking when in reality it was shit.
>>
>>64517215
THIS.
>>
>>64530528
Agreed on the 5th book. What a slog to get through. I thought the 4th book got better on rereads though. It did a nice job showing the aftermath of the big war and set up a good stretch run. The 5th one just dropped the ball and sucked.
Grrm should have actually written a decent plot for 2 is his 3 main characters.
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 400x300px
>>64530094
>fans of shit always demand content like they're owed something
He promised people a book series and owes them it being completed. When someone sells a "Book 1 in the xxxx series" they are promising more if it becomes successful and he owes fans who have bought the books on the implicit promise it will continue.
>>
>>64516571
>GRRM misses 3 dealines and gets a pat on the back
>I miss one deadline and i get thrown off my course.

Life isn't fair
>>
>>64517282
Jesus fuck, her Twitter is amazing.
>>
>>64530910
He should have tired to keep the amount of characters who were povs from sky rocketing. ASOS had the perfect amount.
>>
>>64516571
I'm honestly getting to the point where I just say fuck it. The writing in crows and dragons was pretty fucking forgettable and I feel like his own devices have come to bite him in the ass. He's killed off a good amount of the good characters granted brought some back but still it's become pretty meh to me. I'll prob just watch the show and just tweet him hate for the next year.
>>
File: george-rr-martin.jpg (829KB, 3000x2085px) Image search: [Google]
george-rr-martin.jpg
829KB, 3000x2085px
>>64516571
>5 years
There are two more books in the series - The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring. There's no way in hell GRRM will release both of them in the next five years.

Has GRRM said how close TWOW is to being finished? I kind of doubt He's even halfway finished, and he probably hasn't done any work on ADOS.
>>
>>64531466
>Has GRRM said how close TWOW is to being finished?
Halloween was apparently a realistic goal back in august yet here we are.
>>
*muffled Cleganebowl in the distance*
>>
>>64516571
Will the many side plots ever converge anytime soon?
>>
>>64517215

This. Since GRRM is a faggot, I no longer care about spoilers and will watch the show first.
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 598x407px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 598x407px
young Gurm is hilarious
>>
>>64531872
He's literally a neckbeard. I mean, he's a rich neckbeard but still. Proto notch.
>>
>>64531088
Where's he twitter?
>>
>>64531872
>young
>>
>>64531955
Is it this?

https://twitter.com/hippoiathanatoi
>>
>>64526471
Because the tourists are probably giving the board the most traffic it's had in years.
>>
>>64518133
He's just a fat lazy neckbeard cunt
>>
>>64525800

this changes everything
>>
>>64520228
cleganebowl
cleganebowl
Cleganebowl
Cleganebowl
CLEGANEBOWL
CLEGANEBOWL
CLEGANEBOWL
>>
File: 1435194113922.jpg (762KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1435194113922.jpg
762KB, 1920x1280px
>>64517282
Say what you want about Gurm but at least he's entertaining, they have such boring fucking prose. You can tell they're just up-jumped wikipedia editors
>>
>>64518427
yet who fucking general isnt forbidden
>>
>>64532881
it was fitting then then that they wrote a history compendium
>>
File: 1440273311562.jpg (22KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1440273311562.jpg
22KB, 251x242px
>>64532956
Yes, perfect. They are good to just organise Gurm's notes/ideas and put it in an easy to read format.

I'd never want to read a 800+ page ASOIAF book by them though
>>
AFFC and Dance weren't that bad, especially for genre fiction. definite decline in quality though.

you guys over exaggerate. it was no crossroads of twilight.
>>
Linda is literally /tv/

I don't hate Game of Thrones for passing the books. I hate it because it could have been so good but it has failed so horribly. If it was doing the books justice, it would be much less of an issue that the show is passing the books. Not great, but less of an issue.

I also think it was incredibly stupid and irresponsible of the showrunners to rush through books four and five. Especially since its now clear they have to stuff much of the material back in anyway. They could have taken their time instead. Since its clear they can't write their own storylines if their lives so depended on it, it would have benefited them to give it more time.
>>
>>64533179
it's the opinion anyone with a brain has

the decline and quality in the latter half of the books vs the show are in completely different universes
>>
File: 1438981477622s.jpg (889B, 82x125px) Image search: [Google]
1438981477622s.jpg
889B, 82x125px
>>64523672

there's one more easy option m8, killing her off
>>
File: Writing Nothing.png (1MB, 1320x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Writing Nothing.png
1MB, 1320x1080px
>>64528416

idk I think Notch as more on the ball and has a much better work ethic.
>>
>>64533683
grrm didn't plagiarize all his ideas from 4chan though

he at least took inspiration for actual medieval history
>>
>>64523672
I can see the series ending like mass effect 3 at this point.

In TWOW Jon will get revived by Red Milf, sent out to do shit wholly irrelevant to the endgame at stake, maybe some shit with the iron islands, ending with some sort of climax at the wall with the walkers arriving in force.

In ADOS He will be sent south to rally allies against the coming walker invasion while Dany makes landfall in the north to end up assisting the Boltons for some reason, so it ends up being a three way between the walkers, The Boltons + Dany and dragons and everyone else.

The endgame will be Jon Meeting up with treebran for the deus-ex machina ending-

A- Kill the walkers
B- Control the walkers
C- Merge all life with the walkers
>>
>>64531466
By his own words, "here's a lot written. Hundreds of pages. Dozens of chapters. [...]But there's also a lot still left to write. I am months away still... and that's if the writing goes well. (Sometimes it does. Sometimes it doesn't.) Chapters still to write, of course... but also rewriting. I always do a lot of rewriting, sometimes just polishing, sometimes pretty major restructures. "
>>
>>64522043
Dany dies in TWoW?
>>
>>64534229
It is known
>>
>>64517282
Who are these 2 lesbians?
>>
>a feast for crows (2005)

>guts getting on the boat (2007)
>>
>>64516571
At this point i don't care.

I know the only way i'll ever know how this story ends is through the tv show, even it it is pretty much inferior to the books.

Martin will never finish Asoiaf, i've made my peace with it.
>>
>>64534229
Hopefully, he's made her such a shit character.
>>
File: The Mountain that Eats.png (162KB, 1447x1072px) Image search: [Google]
The Mountain that Eats.png
162KB, 1447x1072px
>>64516571
Threadly reminder that GRRM doesn't give a single shit about finishing a story he started, because he's already done sadistically torturing the characters in it.
>>
>>64531370
>tweet him hate

he doesn't use twitter tho
>>
>>64531637
In 2006 he said he was "almost done" with ADwD. ADwD came out in 2011.
>>
>>64517282
People actually give a fuck about these two people? They're just autistic superfans
>>
>>64518487
so true, shit
>>
>>64516571
>implying I'd miss out on the next batch of D&D memes so I don't get a mediocre fantasy series spoiled for me

kek
>>
>>64535035
Maybe it was the other meaning of 'almost done'?
>>
File: louis.jpg (67KB, 558x750px) Image search: [Google]
louis.jpg
67KB, 558x750px
>people still defend GRRM after all this

the number of beta cucks who apologize for him on his blog comments is appalling
>>
>>64535007
I know he doesn't but he's so self conscious he has people look up tweets about him. I'm sure he has some random one he uses to stroll through posts.
>>
I don't want to avoid /tv/ for potentially years just so D&D don't spoil plot points.

On the other hand, I don't want to watch anymore D&D shit.

How do I overcome spoilers being an issue? Is it best to think about them as seperate interpretations, that novels often have films and tv made that are still really enjoyable even though the stories are well-known, or just to watch it with complete cynicism and hatred of D&D and be overly critical to avoid any attachment?

I'm not even memeing here, the books aren't amazing or anything but I've invested so much that at the moment I'd fucking hate to have the fat man's general plot outline spoiler by glorified fanfic.
>>
>>64523948
In the special episode that just aired last week they did a weird episode that took place 99% inside Sherlocks head. It's one of the worst episodes of the series so far but she isn't wrong that they had characters that were supposed to be part of the woman's suffrage movement in KKK style clothing towards the end. That said moments later Sherlock basically says they were the good guys and murdering men that are mean to women is fine. Ultimately none of it mattered though because it was a mind experiment Sherlock was doing to figure out how Moriarty was back at the end of the last episode of season 3. (He's a computer virus btw and they don't actually explain how he figures that out he just does.)
>>
>>64521493
The majority of bookfags are convinced of the L+R=J theory so I don't see why they'd complain about it.
>>
>>64535390
Just realize the fact that spoilers have no effect on your enjoyment of a story.
>>
Reddit already took a poll. 90% of people are going to watch the show first. No one cares about the shitty books
>>
>>64535390
Just pretend none of it is canon.
>>
am i the only one who fapped to s10e10 of south park
?
\
>>
>>64535281
>people still care about GRRM after all this

the number of beta cucks who hate/defend him on his blog comments is appalling
>>
>>64535560
Yes, but Reddit is 99% showfags.

Or worse, showfags turned bookfags.
>>
>>64535553
I don't think that idea actually stands up when criticized at all. Spoiling twists that are particularly emotional in nature is bound to remove some of the emotional impact those scenes could have had. If you traveled back in time and told somebody that cried during the red wedding what was going to happen when they were still in the middle of season 1 their emotional response to it would become pretty minimal. They might enjoy the rest of the series all the same but for those specific moments they would definitely miss out on the emotional experience of the moment and while that's a pretty small part of their experience with the story it's still something.
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6462983
>>
File: Best Myrcella 10.jpg (72KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Best Myrcella 10.jpg
72KB, 600x800px
>>64528156
>>64528156
Of course
>>
File: Best Myrcella 3.jpg (186KB, 1024x1535px) Image search: [Google]
Best Myrcella 3.jpg
186KB, 1024x1535px
>>64522542
Wrong, she's just a lot more dead.

Best Myrcella is best

>>64522143
We meet again ntffag
>>
>>64535390
Considering that the books will never be finished, the tv show is more canon than the books :^)
>>
>>64535813
jesus she's fucking fat
>>
>>64535390
You already know how the story ends. It's clear from the first two books. Just accept that there's going to be flourishes and variations.
>>
>>64535813
Jesus Christ why is the camera man just standing there and not helping that poor beluga

Fuck millenials swear to god
>>
File: Trash it.jpg (36KB, 471x350px) Image search: [Google]
Trash it.jpg
36KB, 471x350px
>>64535917
>>64535967
>this obvious ntffag samefag
>>
>>64535783
>I don't think that idea actually stands up when criticized at all.
http://www.psychologicalscience.org/index.php/news/releases/spoiler-alert-stories-are-not-spoiled-byspoilers.html

>If you traveled back in time and told somebody that cried during the red wedding
I'd have nothing to do with that person.

>They might enjoy the rest of the series all the same but for those specific moments they would definitely miss out on the emotional experience of the moment
They'd probably enjoy the rest of the series even more because they could see the dramatic buildup to the event, even if they claim that knowing one detail ruined the entire experience for them. I always enjoy a movie or show more upon rewatching because I have a better idea on how to interpret the story and can notice more of the details the creators used to craft the work. Also factor in how anxious you are to avoid spoilers and I think you have a much more enjoyable experience when you don't care about them.
>>
File: 1443570438123.jpg (21KB, 402x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1443570438123.jpg
21KB, 402x1080px
>>64531981
Yes.

>You really are quite retarded, aren't you? How did you manage to turn on your computer?

kek, how the fuck is this woman still on gurm's payroll
>>
>>64531077
he didn't only miss 3, he missed a shitton >>64519293

george never releasing the books isn't a meme only because he takes forever, but also because he keeps passing deadlines
>>
>>64521371
No, Feast was garbage. It had some good parts, but overall it was Garbage. Dance was actually pretty good in King's Landing and especially in the North, but it felt very unfillfilling because it teased and teased and didn't resolve anything.
>>
>>64536272
>one study implies this thing
>this means it's a fact because that's how science works.

There's also a peer reviewed paper about how carbon fiber is sexist. I guess that's also a fact too eh?

>>If you traveled back in time and told somebody that cried during the red wedding
>I'd have nothing to do with that person.

That's fine it still doesn't change the fact that they wouldn't still wouldn't have a largely neutered emotional response.

>I always enjoy a movie or show more upon rewatching because I have a better idea on how to interpret the story and can notice more of the details the creators used to craft the work. Also factor in how anxious you are to avoid spoilers and I think you have a much more enjoyable experience when you don't care about them.

So? You can experience the same thing on repeat viewings. But the emotional response to something like a twist is a one time shot. I could enjoy watching season 1 of game and mentally jack myself off over the foreshadowing that he's going to die but that in no way takes away from the initial feeling of shock you got when consuming the media.

Going further GRRM specifically has said multiple times that he wants his viewers to actually be afraid when their favorite characters are in danger. Knowing spoilers about that persons fate completely removes any hope of that.
>>
>>64519293

God damn, what a fucking lazy asshole. This should shut up all of the #grrmisnotyourbitch kids, but I know it won't.
>>
File: writing.jpg (381KB, 948x885px) Image search: [Google]
writing.jpg
381KB, 948x885px
>>
>>64536941
What's that from? I like JC's work.
>>
>>64516571
No Season 6 rape.
>>
>>64537669
dany confirmed for not being raped by 40k horselords
>>
>>64537127
Gentlemen Broncos; it's great
>>
>>64537878
GoT / 40k crossover!?
>>
>>64516571
>5 years
>thinks the series will be finished in 5 years

HEH
>>
>>64538101
My mom works at Game of Thrones, she says they're aiming to be done by Summer 2019
>>
File: image.jpg (81KB, 395x395px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 395x395px
Reminder that the hound is alive.
>>
>explain how things are better in the book compared to the show
>get the "don't be such a bother Anon, they're supposed to be different!"

Fuck, why does it have to be this way?
>>
>>64524345

The thing was that they'd split the new book into two seasons or we get a shit season and a potentially based one.
>>
File: image.jpg (363KB, 1024x1820px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
363KB, 1024x1820px
>>64520499
It's so confirmed anon.
>>
>re-read the Dunk and Egg stories
>rekindled my interest in re-reading the series

Fuck, why is D&E so good?
>>
File: best knight.jpg (983KB, 1800x2767px) Image search: [Google]
best knight.jpg
983KB, 1800x2767px
>>64539964

Dunk is Best Knight
>>
so dorne is gonna win in the end, right? iirc they did the best against the targaryans originally and they seem to have good cavalry, which should be more essential than muh epic draginz
>>
>>64528416

it fits
>>
>>64540026
He's a shit knight.
>>
>>64540026
>She-Wolves of Winterfell will never happen
>you will never see Bennis get his shit kicked in
>you will never see Dunk show Tanselle how he's truly as thick as a castle wall
>you will never know what really happened in Summerhall

Feels fucking bad, man

>>64540352
He may not be the best at combat, but he's everything a true knight should be
>>
>>64540404
Yeah, he's everything Sansa fantasizes about n knights.
>>
>>64528859
It goes back even farther than that. He started writing ADWD soon after publishing ASOS. After writing for years, he decided to split what he had and release it as AFFC. AFFC was an unplanned book.
>>
>>64521061
maybe it was to show that dragon taming isn't easy
maybe it was a boondoggle and a misdirect
maybe it was just to get the dragons released
maybe he's not actually dead, as the theory suggests

we'll know in 5 years when the book comes out
maybe
>>
>>64531872
looks like MovieBob
>>
reminder: arya leap jump
>>
>>64539964
The Sworn Sword > The Hedge Knight > The Mystery Knight
>>
>>64518427
I was gonna come by today and ask if /got/ was still irrationally verboten...
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 511x512px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 511x512px
>>64537917
>>
>>64516571
>tv show gets popular
>spoiled shit for tvfags left and right
>tv show passes books
>now i get to spoil bookfags

To answer your question, hell yeah I'm watching.
>>
>>64518427
Nah, The Martian general is way better lol :^)))
>>
>>64531466
He literally states every year that the next book will be done by fall.
>>
>>64535560
Or people don't want to wait another 5 years for a book
>>
>>64539964
i got a hardcover 'knight of the seven kingdoms', is this the entirety of the dunk and egg tales?
>>
>>64519905
Quentyn shows that the dragons are dangerous, allows the fat man to flesh out Essos more, creates a relatable, ordinary character that stands out in a cast of extraordinary ones (he<s what most people would essentially be in Westeros), and he sets up Dorne against Dany.

He was far from useless.
>>
>>64519905
man, that fucking arc

i have to believe he's alive, there's no way someone would right such a purposeless arc
>>
Problem with books 4 and 5 was that they were too afraid to wrap anything up. Instead they just introduced more and more plot threads that didn't go anywhere. I can only assume he was thinking he'd extend the series again but now that he's old he just wants to get it over with. It's going to be impossible for him to write a satisfying conclusion, and I don't think D&D will fare any better either.
>>
>>64516571
Pretty sure arya is blind in the show.
>>
>>64521686
Plant the seeds...

...we shall rise again harder and stronger
>>
>>64518133
Why would HBO want him to finish? It's great for them for their tv show to become the new canon of a beloved series
>>
>>64544849
Shes no longer blind in the books

Stupid predictable bullshit that is GRRMs current writing
>>
>>64535917
https://www.instagram.com/p/0ELx1uTT_X/

>daily reminder that Aimee Richardson is a fundamentalist femenmilitia b/c her parents divorced and her mother's been brainwashing the daughter ever since.
>>
>>64517215
>Arya goind blind
But anon, they're keeping that.
>>
if the show spoils anything major from early twow, nook readers will spoil the shit out of season 7
>>
File: 1440680731276.jpg (66KB, 477x324px) Image search: [Google]
1440680731276.jpg
66KB, 477x324px
>>64532881
>>64535136
>>
>>64540352
But he is not a knight
>>
>>64544223
>and he sets up Dorne against Dany.

I think the opposite is happening in the show. There seems to be a good chance that Varys will be in Dorne. I'm just assuming the show is that predictable.

>>64541743
We are patiently waiting. Shirks be allowed now, but...
>>
>>64519293
>mfw I tried to click the links on the picture
OT: this is fucking amazing, we're never getting Winds of Winter are we?
>>
>>64548834
maybe we're getting Winds of Winter, but no way in fucking hell we'll ever see Dream of Spring.
>>
>>64517282
D&D>the fat man>sperg&sperg
>>
File: 1451758175319.jpg (46KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
1451758175319.jpg
46KB, 500x361px
>>64549014
>D&D above anything
>>
File: lmaoin at ur life kiddo.jpg (442KB, 1200x828px) Image search: [Google]
lmaoin at ur life kiddo.jpg
442KB, 1200x828px
>>64549049
>D&D below a lazy fatass and 2 autists
>>
>>64522290
reminder that this will never be in the show or it will be 100% butchered if it gets in

>“Foes and false friends are all around me, Lord Davos. They infest my city like roaches, and at night I feel them crawling over me.” The fat man’s fingers coiled into a fist, and all his chins trembled. “My son Wendel came to the Twins a guest. He ate Lord Walder’s bread and salt, and hung his sword upon the wall to feast with his friends. And they murdered him. Murdered, I say, and may the Freys choke upon their fables. I drink with Jared, jape with Symond, promise Rhaegar the hand of my own beloved granddaughter…but never think that means I have forgotten. The north remembers, Lord Davos. The north remembers, and the mummer’s farce is almost done. My son is home.”
>>
>>64549441
based Manderly. You do nothing but think of him as an idiotic sack of shit for a good part of the books, then THAT meeting with Davos happens and suddenly he becomes based as fuck.
>>
>>64518374
Varys is in Meereen next season, Littlefinger's going to do the crossbowing before he teleports to the North in 3 episodes
>>
>>64549441

I'm more pissed off we're never getting this speech. Thanks, Hack&Hack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVJa4Fl34l4
>>
>>64528416
>literature

stop
>>
>>64544596
book 4 was complete shit
book 5 was pure build up and literally nothing happens
>>
>>64529741
no
>>
>>64549742

Feast gets way too much hate. It has the problem were it's following Storm, which is hands down the best book in the series, but Feast is filled with great arcs. You have the Kingsmoot and all the goings on in the Iron Islands. You have Jaime in the Riverlands. You have Cersei slowly becoming Robert. Her chapters really shine as we see things from her point of view and realize just how inept and crazy she really is. Really great shit in those chapters. And Brienne's arc is fucking top notch. Really doesn't get the love it deserves around here. I wrote a long piece on Brienne's chapters and her character back in the days of /got/ that was received well. Really, the only shitty part of Feast was Dorne. Dorne is just horrible.
>>
>>64529914
>hurr durr just make a song of ice and fire without the ice and fire
>mfw this is actually a good idea when the show is just called Game of Thrones anyway
>>
>>64549841
>Dorne
my problem is that the story was so advanced then he just forces this shit country down the reader's eyes, stating THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT PIECE EVEN THOUGH IT NEVER APPEARED IN THE LAST 3 BOOKS
book 5 has more Wall chapters which are good
>>
>>64533179
I think the first few seasons are about as good an adaptation as you could get. The rest are shit but at least we got those.
>>
>>64534160
>Hundreds of pages. Dozens of chapters.
so about 200 pages then

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Chapters_Table_of_contents
>>
>>64529914
What the fuck, the story started at the Wall and by beheading the man of the Night's watch - it wouldn't make sense to omit the Wall.
>>
>>64550018
>200 pages
Basically what he cut from Dance to include in Winds.
>>
How much do you think he's actually got written of Winds? I'd guess somewhere between 800-900 pages.
>>
>>64526004
they're also asymmetrical as hell. don't think I've ever seen a buttertits before
>>
>>64550152

You're giving him too much credit. 300 pages at best, and I'm included what he cut from Dance.
>>
>>64549591
Varys is said to be leaving Meereen. And he was at the Dorne filming location.
>>
>>64518189
bumping for this
>>
>>64521383
Terrible t.b.h.
>>
>>64520426
Gaiman is trash. GRRM deserves a lot of flack. I understand he doesn't want to feel beholden to anyone, but that's the trade off you make as a successful professional. You have expectations placed on you and you are expected to meet them. His lack of follow through is also harmful for other writers of long series. More and more people will stay away and just wait for things to be wrapped up. GRRM and Rothfuss are both assholes. Scalzi is the only non-fat shit who actually has any discipline to keep working.
>>
>>64532881
gurm's prose is absolute dogshit too
>>
File: Sad_Davos.jpg (60KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
Sad_Davos.jpg
60KB, 612x612px
>tfw Dumb & Dumber will ruin the Tower of Joy dialogue
>mfw Aegon is cut
>mfw Victrion is cut
>mfw Strong Belwas is cut
>mfw hype man Manderly is cut
>mfw D&D kill off the best character in the series
>mfw D&D ruined the best character in the series
>mfw D&D ruined the North Remembers
>mfw D&D even fucked up the Wall storyline
>tfw you will never be in a universe where Stephen Dilane gets to portray Book Stannis
>>
>>64521383
it reads just like gurm
>>
>>64528416
>GRRM
>Literature
>>
the publisher really should have pushed him more

>book releases before the show
>book hype drives show hype and vice versa
>book becomes top bestseller of the year

but instead

>book releases months-year after s6
>only the die hard fans care
>>
>>64552401
my assumption is they would've been fine even with a split book or some shit at that point, but the fatass hadn't even done the necessary for that to happen.
>>
>>64553035
They could have easily just split the last season like the books. 1 season for AFFC and 1 season for ADWD. Would have gave GURM more time
>>
>>64553173
More time to do and accomplish nothing, sure.

It'll be a miracle if he can even get the book out before season 7
>>
>>64553345
Would have also gave the show enough time to not be a rushed piece of shit like season 5
>>
>>64553173
Season 5 and 6 are already splitting up parts of Feast and Dance. By season 7, they will be entirely uncharted territory

They really thought if they made it 8 seasons they'd have enough time for George to finish, they just really underestimated the laziness of Lord Too Fat to Finish his Books
>>
>>64551637
>>64549642

>Notch
>games

fits
>>
>>64541615
D&E would make for great television. Also much cheaper to produce than GoT.
>>
>>64553653
If there is a god, please let this happen
>>
>>64551189
Get over it faggot
>>
>>64534826
That's a good read actually, lot a shit we all know summed up concisely.
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.