[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

give me better performance of the year pro tip u can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: 2090.jpg (78KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
2090.jpg
78KB, 620x372px
give me better performance of the year

pro tip u can't
>>
>>64513202
Reddit: The Actor
>>
>>64513230
L I T E R A L L Y this
>>
>>64513230
Reddit: The Post
>>
>>64513202
What was I supposed to feel throughout the movie? I'm asking because I felt nothing besides occasional excitement and mild amusemen, and I suspect that's because I don't see niggers as people.
>>
>>64513202
all right, sir
>>
>>64513202
it hasn't even been a fucking week into the year jesus fucking christ give it a break
>>
ANON

*Unzips dick*

BE DOING DIS TING FOR ME
>>
>>64513273
Reddit: The Reply
>>
>>64513292
I felt like the movie tried to impose on me the same kind of weird feeling of madness like you have in Apocalypse Now (Redux of course, fucking plebs). Like you're in some kind of a bad drug trip or something similar.
>>
>>64513292

>I don't see black people as people

Hey reddit!
>>
>>64513522
you have to go back
>>
>>64513666

no u
>>
Digivolve, Agu

DO DIS FOR ME
>>
>>64513292
>I suspect that's because I don't see niggers as people
Racism aside, you have to understand that that's in no way a valid criticism of a film.
>>
>>64513202
>Idris
my favorite nigga
>>
HOW DOES THE COMMANDANT LOOK?
>>
>>64514543
ALL WHITE SIR
>>
>>64513253
>L I T E R A L L Y Reddit
>>
>>64514543

ALL RIGHT SiR
>>
>>64513817
This
>>
>>64513323
Reddit: The Response
>>
>>64513817
humans are hardwired to not give a shit about people who they cant identify with. americans and now europeans are trained from birth to have an irrational sympathy for blacks, and because of this they dont realize how unnatural it is for people to care very much about people of a different race on the far side of the world. but a movie that depends on this artificially ingrained sympathy to make its emotional connection with the audience will never be relevant outside of our current zeitgeist
>>
File: african-militia-bride.jpg (934KB, 2941x1570px) Image search: [Google]
african-militia-bride.jpg
934KB, 2941x1570px
>>
>>64513230
>>64513273
>>64513323
>>64514801
Reddit: the Reddit
>>
>>64513202
Is that Blood Diamond or Lord of War?
>>
>>64514833
stories are universal, retard. they cross cultural bounds.
>>
>>64513202

It depends on how your movie looks.

If it's all right.
>>
>>64514963
not really. some stories run into obstacles in the wrong cultural context. lots of classic movies are becoming less relevant today because our culture has shifted to consider a lot of the things old movies took for granted to be offensive or obsolete. in time the same will happen to movies and other stories being made right now. harry potter, for example, is all about a special snowflake who finds out he's actually superior to his pleb family and gets whisked away to a fancy school where he's trained to join the ranks of an elite and exclusive bureaucracy. it's a fantasy for middle class social climbers and doesnt resonate outside that cultural milieu
>>
>>64513202
niggers cant act
>>
>>64513202
the kid in that movie
>>
File: King Elba of Portugal.png (284KB, 530x516px) Image search: [Google]
King Elba of Portugal.png
284KB, 530x516px
>>64513202
DUDE I WAS DEE KING OF PORTUGAL N SHEEEIIIITT LMAO
>>
>>64513202
>no Elba James Bond to buttrape underage MI6 agents
A golden opportunity missed because of racism.
>>
File: fitz.jpg (35KB, 470x431px) Image search: [Google]
fitz.jpg
35KB, 470x431px
>>64513202
the Big Guy playing based Fitzgerald was better
>>
AGU

LOOK AT ME

LOOK AT ME
>>
>>64515209
>where he's trained to join the ranks of an elite and exclusive bureaucracy.
This is the stupidest thing I've read all day
>>
>>64514833
>humans are hardwired to not give a shit about people who they cant identify with.
Yeah, that's why a movie about tall blue alien cat monkeys is the highest grossing of all time, right? Fucking idiot. If a story is compelling enough, the two characters can be a line and a dot and you'd still be invested in the story.
>>
>>64516191
going to an ivy league school or the foreign equivalent and getting a job as a government functionary in Washington D.C. or London is what harry potter is really about. if you cant handle this hard truth, then go back to reddit

>>64516307
no, stories must be at least somewhat compatible with the cultural context. the blue cat people are cartoon characters and appeal to modern audiences because modern audiences grew up watching cartoons. but it would not have found favor with an audience that hasnt been primed to watch a story about cartoon characters by a childhood spent watching cartoons
>>
>>64516778
>going to an ivy league school or the foreign equivalent and getting a job as a government functionary in Washington D.C. or London is what harry potter is really about.
Harry Potter is based on stories set in British boarding schools / public schools like Tom Brown's Schooldays. I don't know why you think the entire series is based around people becoming government bureaucrats when the books concentrate on school shenanigans and have a half a chapter about their adult lives.

>no, stories must be at least somewhat compatible with the cultural context.
You just said humans are hardwired, moron. So is it culturally or genetically determined which stories and characters will resonate with audiences?
>>
>>64516778
And they say liberals are brainwashed
>>
>>64517178
Harry Potter builds on boarding school story formula and re-imagines it to make it relevant to modern liberal arts strivers. this is why it was so popular with educated adult women

I said humans are hardwired to not care about people and groups that are too alien, and require a certain amount of priming, preferably at a young age, to identify with characters and stories that arent part of their tribe. which is why movies like Avatar that require such priming wont become classics after audiences are no longer trained to identify with cartoon characters.
>>
>>64513292
>>64513292
HAHAHAHA

you're hilarious XDXD

Telling all my 13 year old friends this joke
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.